Too much shitposting, I want to get anons involved in my journey, it should be a fun time. So please decide my fate

Too much shitposting, I want to get anons involved in my journey, it should be a fun time. So please decide my fate

strawpoll.me/11360203/r

Here is the current progress, hoping to get at least 50 votes before the decision is made

Ghosts 'n Goblins has some hard entries so I voted for that.

>FF
see you in a year

I actually did Castlevania and Metroid before making this list, enjoyed fusion but I think t was my least favorite of the 2D games, felt really linear and shoehorned on where you can go.

I am prepared for the long journey, I think the hardest part will be figuring out which versions of the games to play.

GNG, 1cc all of them
go big or go home

you would play all

I will have to see how hard general playthroughs are going to fuck me ass before I decide to go for that.

all of them are fairly doable to beat in one or two days, 1cc'ing them is the actual challenge

Updated progress

How many are there? I actually have no idea

Main 4 games are Ghosts 'n Goblins, Ghouls 'n Ghosts, Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts and Ultimate GnG for the PSP.

Then there are some oddballs/spinoff: Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts for the GBA (kind of a remake of SGnG), Makaimura for the wonderswan (a new game, weaker and slower than the others), and those shitty android games

Is Gargoyle's Quest part of it as well or is that something different altogether?

Worth to mention is that there are two versions of the PSP game. There regular one is Ultimate Ghouls 'n Ghosts/Goku Makaimura, with upgrades, inventory, shops and shit typical from modern games. The other one is the JP exclusive Goku Makaimura, which is more faithful to the arcade structure of the previous games, ditching the RPG elements.

Is there a particular one that is better to play than the other?

I consider it another series but yeah it's tightly related to GnG

As a fan of the classic arcade-style games I'd go with Goku Makaimura Kai any day, prefer the straightforward action

I will just add it to the list then for when I am looking for the series after this one.

It's a fight for first, It looks like I am either going into a time sink or having my balls smashed

Thread is about to die, I am going to head to bed and I will post again in the morning to get the final count, thank you for all of the feedback anons.