About to buy this on g2a is it any good or am I wasting my money?

about to buy this on g2a is it any good or am I wasting my money?

Other urls found in this thread:

moddb.com/mods/sonic-generations-unleashed-project/news/sonic-generations-unleashed-project-10-released
youtube.com/watch?v=sZitQUSwhEQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Best modern Sonic game. But the minigame side stage format is kind of off-putting.

It's good, but not great. Unleashed is great, but it's not on PC.

Great sonic game. It's reboot done right.

Yes buy it and play it, then download this unleashed mod and play basically the only fun aspect of sonic unleashed without needing the trash that came with it such as everything else.

moddb.com/mods/sonic-generations-unleashed-project/news/sonic-generations-unleashed-project-10-released

Best sonic game released in a very long time.

don't waste money on key sites for piratable games unless you want to make a kike publisher lose money
it's a good game though, i've got over 70 hours on it

its good. my favorite part is the classic stages but for some reason everyone hates them. it isn't like they are straight rehashes from classic games just thematically similar, new layouts and everything and it plays great. though if you cant stand one or the other guess what fuck face you have to beat them to go onto the next level. i don't understand full 3d segments appeal so if that isn't your cup of tea dont bother since they are the longest and are required to progress at all

I had a goddamn blast with it. The later levels get a little long, and Classic Sonic only has two boss fights.

Also it has perhaps the single worst final boss fight in Sonic history.

But goddamn do I love being able to change the music for each stage.

The level design is eh and the physics are still sub -par, you'll see the issues mostly with the 2D sections and how unnatural the momentum is

its ok. slower than youd expect for a sonic game. its certainly entertaining and great for nostalgiafags. it however very short and very easy

You will be done in 2 hours.

I think it's worth it if you're getting it cheap. I got a few hours out of it before I dropped it.

If you have an 360 or ps3 play sonic unleashed instead since that one takes longer than an afternoon to beat and has way better levels, graphics, music, and story. Just be sure to download the night level music onto a usb and plug it in the console

It's a good sonic game. Too short though. If you like going Sanic fast and do a speed run on the PC then this is the game for you Especially the modern stages.

You don't know about the unleashed project. The daytime stages were modded into Generations, and it's pretty good.

Everyone who has played generations on pc knows what that it is...it doesn't feel or play as good as the original unleashed though, although pcucks would never know that.

everybody knows the unleashed project exists. you're welcome to tell people they have shit taste for liking unleashed, but anyone still recommending has reasons for doing so.

The only sonic game worth buying is sa2b

>2001+15
>buying gamecube games

Theres a 2012 port on all relevant systems

Real talk when are they gonna make this and unleashed bc on xbone

it is also not worth buying
gamecube version is still the best

maybe closer to project 2017's release if sega is really hard up for pre-order bonuses

Nah the 360 one is the best, best controller and widescreen

Man that would be lame as fuck, they rushed to get the old games bc asap but can't ask microsoft to do the 3D games...fucking stupid

Yes, it's good. Don't listen to Unleashedfags, their minds are long gone.

Exactly. Unleashed project is a decent effort, and I applaud the care that went into making it, but it is not the same, and is no substitute for the real deal.

if you have a softmodded wii you can play the gamecube version with 16:9 and a 360 controller, and still have GBA connectivity, so imo it's still better than 360

>Generations
>Slower than you'd expect for a sonic game
What
Isn't it the fastest?

>buying an offline game from G2A

Why? Unless you have a personal stake in money laundering.

Sega dropped the ball with this. I would have easily paid upwards to $10 for 2 stage DLC packs. And they have a lot of stages to work with. Shit some of them could probably have been mostly ported over and tweaked

Or i could just press the game icon in my 360 library and play it right away on an hdmi system and not do a bunch of mods and workarounds to play it

3D wise its the second fastest, unleashed is still the king of speed and speedruns though. Fastest 2D is either advance 2 or rush adventure

youtube.com/watch?v=sZitQUSwhEQ

STILL waiting for it to be added to One BC...

Literally one of the first games teased.

kek, one of these days I'm sure. They released sonic 4 ep1 and 2 as a batch. Maybe theyll do the same with sa1 and sa2, unleashed and gens. They've been on a roll lately

Half of the DC collection combo disc is playable. I'd be thrilled if SA, SA 2 and Space Channel 5 Part 2 all got put on there on the same day.

I think its a matter of when not if. Sega has been very supportive of the program so far. If they can let bass fishing, bayonetta, and virtua fighter 5 come up, im pretty sure theyll let sonic adventure and sonic unleashed make it.

It's arguably the best Sonic game released after 3K. Only Advance 1 really contends with it.

Anyone recommending Unleashed is just being a contrarian.

3K is pretty average all things considered. If thats really the pinnacle of Sonic then Sonic does suck indeed

I really enjoyed it, but I actually haven't played a Sonic game since Sonic and Knuckles. I don't really know if it's comparatively good Sonic, or a good representation of what Sonic has been up to for the last 20 years, but I thought it was solid.

The more things I've considered over the years, the higher 3K has risen in quality to me

3K is the pinnacle of the classic series (1, 2, CD, 3K). It is the most polished, robust, and successfully ambitious of them

What makes it also the top of the Sonic franchise as a whole is that the classic series stands above the others

A very simple control scheme (only requires one button in addition to the dpad). Very straightforward physics. Sloped/curved level design that are built around the physics and Sonic's ability to roll, creating a very sophisticated gameplay style that allows for a very fluid blending of speed, platforming, and exploration.

It's easy to play but also has a very high skill ceiling. There's a lot to learn: rebounding off of destroy-able objects from high up, transferring vertical and horizontal momentum into one another, moon jumps, etc. And that's all still with one button gameplay.

Later sub-series' (Advenure and Boost), suffer from an inability on Sonic Team's part to replicate this sophisticated formula in 3D, and are left with more shallow games by comparison.

Generally, the physics aren't as logical or straightforward. When they are logical, the level design isn't built around them in the same way, with bottomless pits everywhere as filler. Speed is generally relegated to scripted segments and setpieces.

Controls are made more and more complicated, for less and less technical gameplay. By the time Unleashed rolls around, the actual Sonic gameplay is more like a racing game with Guitar Hero style controls of pressing the right button at the right time that the game wants you to press it. There's overall less freedom.

Speed is emphasized at the expense of platforming and exploration. There's just a less....complete video game platformer experience there. It's still a blast to play, but it's not on the same level of gameplay quality. The actual game underneath the surface is just a lot more shallow in comparison.

And that's not even getting into the way it handles multiple characters and storytelling.

Each character plays the same game, but they play it in a slightly different way. You can explore different paths because you have different abilities, adding subtle replay value. There's no need to built entirely seperate games for the other characters, and thus there's no need for the devs to spend time testing these other games. There's only one game for them to focus on, and I feel that this contributed greatly to the game's airtight quality and polish.

You can also have player 2 control Tails, allowing for co-op shenanigans.

The story is told silently, through character interactions, and that's all you need to know what's going on.