Game is acclaimed for its revolutionary sound design

>Game is acclaimed for its revolutionary sound design
>Sound design is actually shit

I mean how many times do you hide in a room, hear a window shatter, and have to look behind you real quick to make sure it wasn't the window two feet behind you?

netcode in this game is a disaster

>Hear stomping below you
>Suddenly there's a hole in the cieling

what's the deal with this?
im gonna get it

Sound design really is shit in this game but I love the premise. Just gotta put up with the shit for the gold.

It was sorta losing players slowly after the major drop, but it's to create a bigger competitive scene I am assuming. More playerbase, more customers.

It was originally a scam

If you buy the cheap version, basically you get 2 free random characters out of the 6 original "easy" characters, then you get credit to buy 1-2 others (600 credit, some are 300 some are 600).

After that, characters take 5x as long to unlock compared to if you had bought the $50 version of the game.

That's it though, everything else is the same including weapon unlock time.

Its a scam. Takes longer to get ingame currency.

No it takes the same amount of time to get in game currency, but characters cost 5x as much.

Read the "link" on the steam page, it's right there above the price.

>afk renown not being better than wasting money
>play 2-3 ops on either side only anyway
it's better

>scam
>being this bad
Lamo

I meant longer to get the currency required but I am retarded.

>being this bad
What did he mean by this?

the sound design isn't good
the netcode is bad
and the one shot headshot meme rule is unrealistic and breaks balance
that aside it's a very solid shooter and one of the best available

just buy it on a keysite dingus

He means you're too bad to unlock new characters. ie: constantly low scoring

>acclaimed for its revolutionary sound design
No one says this. It uses sound propagation like a lot of games. It's good, but not perfect.

the sounds good, but you wont know if it above below to the left or to the right of you.

dont buy starter edition my man. buy the full game please

Wait isn't there only ever like 8 people in the game at all times? You could have a sound fucking manually raycast to the person and then play a respective sound based on how many walls the sound hit.

I mean there's not that many people so it wouldn't be so bad.

why not?

>impyling

ubisoft killed this franchise long ago, why bother

it didn't though

>buy the full game please
Get out.

he's actually trying to help, you can get a key for the full game for $5 more and you won't have to deal with the insane grind the starter edition has

Because sound doesn't go through walls or floors in this game. Sound goes around them. So if there is, say, a person shooting directly in front of you, but there is a wall separating you two, then the sound will travel around the wall and to the closest opening. So if there is an opening to your right, you would hear the sound to your right.