Xenosaga

Just finished one, what am I in for?

One but shittier.

Xenosaga 2.

Robo butts.

The worst of the 3 games because Monolith had a collective stroke while working on it.

Jr.'s story overshadowing everything else.
Great cutscene soundtrack, shit everything else soundtrack.
Terrible character design.
Obtuse battle system.

Read a fucking FAQ to understand how the combat system works
If you do some specific sidequests earlier, the game gets a little easier.
Character models are ugly at the beginning, after everyone change their clothes, everything gets a little better.
Get Medica 2 as soon as you can.
You can cast Medica when you're piloting your E.S, just change the characters.

Even more cutscenes.

a shit game
Good thing 3 is the best

The worst Xeno game by far.

Don't worry though champ, once you slog through it, you'll get to play 3, which is really good.

Isn't the series are supposed to have like 6 games?

If I remember Nameco was the one that fucked the plans.

I THOUGHT THE COVER ART WAS AN ANIME GIRL STANDING NEXT TO A LANDED AIRPLANE

>tfw no HD remaster

Yeah basically.

3 wraps up in a mostly satisfying way, but 1 is still my favorite because it hints at the much grander scope they originally had in mind. It just feels like it's brimming with so much potential that I can't get enough of it. Then 2 was shit, and 3 kinda salvaged it but I always get goosebumps when I think back on 1 and what could've been.

2 bombed so they condensed 3-6 into one game. Ironically, it made Episode 3 the only one with decent pacing.

so much this. There was an attempt, but I guess it didn't generate enough interest... ;_;

And now they are at Nintendo, with pretty much a lot of money and time. Man, the ride is going be wild as fuck.

They did a attempt but not enough attention, also Nintendo bough monolith, so outsourcing to chinks for a cashgrab isn't a smart option.

just reached the ship city in Xenogears.
How far am I?

I couldn't do it man. I tried really hard to give it a chance but I'll never be able to play X3 now because my autism tells me I HAVE to beat them in order.

Why did namco have to fuck Xenosaga so hard?

>outsourcing to chinks for a cashgrab
How about all the other developers that have a proven track record? Give them to Bluepoint and they'll do their magic as usual.

This, a lot shit happens every half hour in Ep3. With Ep1 takes between 3 and 5 hours for some shit to happen and only leaves questions.
With Ep2 the pacing was a little more faster but cutscenes were longer.

Monolith have a hard life, First Xenogears got fucked by square, then Xenosaga by Nameco.

I think they found a cozy place at Nintendo now. I hope.....

Ep2 is the shorter one, it takes like 8 - 9 hours to beat disc1 and disc2 is better.
You can beat the game in around 25 hours and if you follow this the game is less painful.

>Nintendo
>cozy place
kek

I'm waiting for the fourth Xeno reboot. Xenoblade isn't what I want out of Monolith. I want crazy space operas with religious themes and long cutscenes.

They literally said that they are making a sequel of XCX after the release.

Also both Xenoblade games got a good reception and did fine.

I don't know about Xenoblade but Japan hates XCX. When Monolith said they were working on the sequel, they also confirmed they will focus more on the story this time. Is not bad but I wonder if Blade fans will like it.

>XCX sold more than Original Xenoblade on japan.

Whatever, but it's good to see that they are going focus a bit more on the story, some stuff felt a bit there and there in some way.

Garbage, you are in for garbage. 3 is fucking great though.

they just need to drop the shit that is Xenoblade at this point the franchise is beyond saving.

Unless you have the patience of a saint, I beg you to skip this game and go to 3. Playing it does make 3 more fun though, just as long as it doesn't put you off the series. Good luck!

>Xenosaga is mostly cutscenes with some gameplay tackled on it.
>games nowdays are mostly cutscenes with some gameplay tackled on it.

Shit was ahead of time.

I wanna fuck kosmos

>tfw all 3 games at least pauseable and skippable
>tfw this isn't the standard where unskippable cutscenes became a meme

desu I don't think it really deserves an HD remake. If you really want to play in HD that badly, just boot up an emulator and use the HD hack.

How did you manage that?

I tried to play the first one once and I've never suffered so harshly from weeb-overload as this game.

It up there with Neptunia in terms of sheer mo-weebshit.

Every. Single. Character is an animu cliche.

How the hell do you stomach that?

It's a JRPG.