just bought this, waiting for the download to finish

what am I in for?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ajBDGwumWcA
youtube.com/watch?v=vyA_BmX8dgs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

a video game

>Buying video games

Godawful, horrible, garbage, shitty story. Really excellent and tricky to master gameplay.

You're in for.
>Uh yeah.
>Ohhhh Waaa.
>Uncontrollable gibberish, aka best song.
>We love the aliens.
>We hate the aliens.
>Can we eat Tatus jokes, for the rest of the game.
>No you can't get rid of him, as he is stapled to a party member.
>A complex, but breakable combat system.
>Exploration, it gets even better with the robot.
>Collect the blue orbs/kill x amount of monsters quest.
>And a whole lot of other stuff.

Imho it's a 7/10 game.

We have this exact thread (image and all) like 4 times a day

Xenoshit

the best game this gen.

Its fun bit at times it seems like the gigantic world was almost to much. Quests were you have to search for certain items on a huge fuck map can be frustrating when playing without a guide. Reguardless i had my fun. Still havent finished it though. Got 1 chapter left. Feel underpowered. Need better skells.

An offline MMO that would make Dragon Age Inquisition wince in pain over its mediocrity, blandness and design choices

Great exploration until you get flying

>128 hours
So you're about to start the endgame eh? Good luck m8

>stuck at 97%
>need like 3 superbosses to finish it
I can't deal with the grind anymore. Bosses not spawning due to inactive online only makes matters worse.

Can you still do squad quests? I found those efficient when you get a rhythm going.

No idea honestly, haven't played in a while. All I have left is super bosses and collectopedia, both are a grind.

>collectopedia
Yeah that's an absolute slog

its alright but the original was much better

I just bought this today as well. Goddamn it's good. The introductory part of the game is far too long though.

I really only found Squad Task 20 to be the best one for tickets.

Four of those squad missions in total can net you 900 tickets easily provided you can pass them.

I doubt many will pass the Colubrim one though, since I know firsthand how many people neglect their ground combat for skells.

Yeah those people are stupid idiots

>people neglect their ground combat for skells.
How does this still happen

I thought it was the other way around? People focus on the memewalker blossom dance and don't craft the augments to one shot the two superbosses.

I wish I knew their mindset.

On the other hand it is rather amusing when you see your partners wreck their skells and have them die on the next attack. Sometimes the Telethia Plume's reflect aura can do some funny things to players.

the most annoying potato you will ever see in video games
god fuck how can they made such a character
and the localized made her even worse

I don't see how shielding you from exposure to her is making it worse.

Nice map...uhh that is about it, and the robot is nice. The game sucks pretty bad compared to the first game which actually had a fucking story.

E X P L O R A T I O N

Also great gameplay, design, setting, sidequests, mediocre characters and a really weak main story

>elma draws guns and talks to the MC, who then nods their head and draws weapon too
>lin threatens to eat tatsu for the millionth time

>great gameplay
>great design
>great setting
>great sidequests
TOP KEK

>what am I in for?
Regret
And a hollow realization you've wasted your time and money.

This. XCX just proves what hypocrites drones actually are. Some of us already played tons of bland and uninspired open world games, and ripped them a new asshole. Xenobabies on the other hand are still new to the genre, and overly forgiving of it because it's a Nintendo franchise.

>acfag tries again

Try again.

Are you trying to compare XC to XCX ?

It's good bait I guess.

You have people who get triggered at people liking this game, and always post their opinions and negative reviews of the game.

And you have people who really like it, post excessive praise, and get triggered at people who talk shit about it.

Those two camps then go at each other's throats for the rest of the thread.

It's a very polarizing game, you either love it or you hate it, and in my experience the people who love it seem to be Nintendo fanboys who don't have much exp with open world games. Personally, I hated it.

Did I mention the first Xenoblade at all in my post? No. Learn to read.

warning, some random user's opinion incoming: fun as fuck game overall

pros:
>fast paced interactive combo and proc based battle system that's better than your standard final fantasy ATB
>amazing huge world that is fun to run around and explore
>several vastly different biomes that make each location feel unique
>part why the exploring feels so good is the god tier soundtrack that plays while you stroll through the landscape, taking in huge monsters, landmarks or just the beauty of the sunset
youtube.com/watch?v=ajBDGwumWcA

cons:
>for story mode you are rather forced to use some specific characters
>for me personally getting the skell (your mecha) took some fun out of exploring because it's so fast and agile, so I barely used it, but you'll need it later
>whenever the game loads the main city you think your Wii U is actively destroying your disc with those weird scratch noises its making (doesn't apply to you though since you got it digitally)
>some people might be put off by one specific potato character (i loved it and all interactions with pic related personally)

I think it's the best Wii U game and it's the only reason I haven't sold my Wii U yet

>Xenobabies
That's a word often used to describe XC lovers so i thought you could be referring to both desu

>responding

Well, considering the second Xenoblade is the one that gets shipped to hell and back here, most Xenobabies actually refers to the people who shill the second. The first legit good, and well structured, but it hardly gets talked about anymore cause the fans of the second won't shut up about it. X is truly a blemish on the small franchise, because it honestly feels that most people who praise the second haven't even bothered to play the first, they're just trying to validate their Wii U purchase. For all the flaws the first had, it was still a solid game worth checking out. X on the other hand has little to no redeeming features, esp if you've played other OW games.

I do how people can call it the best game this gen, hell, it's not even the best OW game this gen. Witcher 3 shits all over it. Which to me, proves most Nintendrones don't ALSO own a PC like they claim to. They just shitpost.

Awful fucking music and stupid combat

Youve literally fucking just nailed every scene in the game.

Popping in to say that Hope is the best girl.

You're in for

>Comic relief taken from the worst aspects of anime
>Dull cardboard characters
>Writing as deep and wide as a puddle
>Anime writing and anime tropes
>Blusterous but shallow soundtrack
>Stiff presentation
>Awkward cutscene camera work
>Generic American anime dub
>American pandering
>Uninspired humans vs aliens story
>Forgettable, cartoony antagonists with no back story and are killed off the moment they're introduced to you
>MMO structured gameplay

The game isn't that different to what's already on the market and the game in general feels much more "mainstream" and cookie-cutter than Xenogears, Xenosaga and Xenoblade.

You're in for this masterpiece.

youtube.com/watch?v=vyA_BmX8dgs

actually she's the only character with a decent voice actor in the American dub

damnit guys i don't even play this game i just come here for the girls

you're all failing me

A good Xeno game that gets shat on by Xenoblade children because no muh nados and feeling it memes.

>posting edgy rehash of an overrated dungeon crawler with artificial difficulty
I thought we were talking about good games?

Well I don't care about story at all considering I'm playing a video game so thanks for convincing me to play X before the first one.

I had the disc version, no scratch noise. Are you sure you downloaded the packs?

Then XCX may be the only Xeno game you like, user.

Get the download version, plays better

This describes me, but as an addition...

Never go to NLA at night. Just accept that theres a bunch of heart to hearts you'll never get and move on. Trust me. You dont need that in your life.