Thought on the new remake ?The new final fantasy 7 remake will ruin the game prove me wrong!

Thought on the new remake ?The new final fantasy 7 remake will ruin the game prove me wrong!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Q0tifgGWZEM&index=11&list=LLESkFVjB3GYVbWWZVDUgqOg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Yeah, but people will still want to play FFVII the original because SOMEWHERE SOMEONE IS GOING TO SAY "yo FFVII original is better" and they just may spend the 10 bucks to play it and shit a brick once they look up the walkthrough for the game and realize there's a lot more options than they ever thought was possible for either a game/rpg/ story to have.

WHAT ENTIRE CHARACTERS THAT ARE OPTIONAL!?!?!?! MADNESS?!?!!?

Well, at least they're adapting the art style relatively well.

You can't ruin it, it's already garbage.

But where are the beast races.

I can't prove you wrong and you can't prove yourself right, not until the game actually comes out. Until then, who knows.

if they make it so that you are able to save biggs and wedge, it'll be a good game

Fuckin hell that niggas like 6 feet wide, does he have down syndrome or something?

Hard to ruin something that's already dated, then shit on by Crisis Core and Advent Children.

I hope Lightning is in it!

All hope was dead as soon as they announced it would be 3 games.

It means no backtracking, which means no open world, which means it's gonna be linear as fuck, which means RIP FF7 remake.

Maybe if those fucking jews didn't waste 10 years and a billion dollars on Host Club Simulator 2016 we wouldn't be in this situation, but oh fucking well.

Is that "other Joe"??!

.Hack allows you to backtrack...sorta. And that's 4 games.

Helps that the game only had like 5 towns though.

just an optical illusion from being too close to the anorexic beanpole

Never played .Hack, and I hope you're right, I honestly do. FF7 is my favorite game of all time.

But come on. This is modern day Squeenix we're talking about. Do you really trust them to handle it right?

I'll prove you wrong when the game gets relesed 20 years from now.

I'd like to see how they'll handle the materia system in the remake.

>DLC adds time-traveling, dimension-hopping Goddess Lightning here to save Final Fantasy again
Literally cannot wait

I hope Vanille is in it

>The new final fantasy 7 remake will ruin the game prove me wrong!
The original game will still exist.

Whew that was tough

kimahri sucks

dumb character arc, no story relevance, shitty overdrive and crap design

all he did in the story was beat up his ronso brothers on the mountain in one forced fight and that was it

>It means no backtracking
But... FFVII was three discs.

They straight-up could have released FFVII as three games back in 1997 and it'd work exactly the same.

Backtracking was possible because each disc had the full world in its data. The differences in discs were the plot content/FMVs.

Except back then, they knew every single player had all 3 discs and would play them in order.

This time, they need to account for people playing the second or third one without the first or second one, and you can't backtrack to somewhere you've never been before.

Unless they just say fuck it and if you don't buy them all and play them in order that's on you, but do you honestly think a modern day AAA studio would ever do that? It would go over like a lead balloon with their turbocasual focus testers and the mainstream retards who are their target audience would be confused as fuck.

FF8 > FF7
both are terrible games though

all i want is to see Tifa's tits and Aerisths's ass and Miss Cloud's everything in beautiful modern graphix

if it turns out to be a decent game on top of that, then gr8

what the fuck doc

in the game he sorta does act like an autist, actually...

Looks better than 15 now honestly

>they need to account for people playing the second or third one without the first or second one
Label it fucking

FFVII: Episode I
FFVII: Episode II
*You need an FFVII: Episode I save file to play this game
FFVII: Episode III
*You need an FFVII: Episode II save file to play this game

Alternatively, content could be limited if you do not have a save from the previous game.

Let's say you buy Episode II because you hate Midgar or something and don't want to play it.

So you start the game at LV20 with some pre-set equipment appropriate for that part of the game, and you can't backtrack to the areas of Episode I.

But if you played Episode I, then your Episode II save can read your Episode I save and start where you left off, giving you access to all the Episode I areas.

Not only does this make a seamless FFVII experience akin to the original release, but it incentivizes the retards who skip a disc to get the others, which is what SE wants, naturally.

What we're getting in FFVIIR, I imagine, is an expansion of each individual disc that can make it stand on its own as a full game (which they probably could have done back in 1997 anyway).

There are already things in FFVII that are disc-exclusive, I imagine the remake will be no different.

Cred Forums has a pretty noticeable hate boner for Nomura but he was on the original team and he has good design philosophy. I trust him on this one.

Nanaki doesnt count?

See this is the problem I have with updating an old 90s rpg with modern graphics.

The Cloud in the pic completely clashes with the goofy looking fat guy on the right

How much of the game's original content is going to be butchered or removed?

Sorry I'm not available today. This guy knows his stuff though.

It'll be perfect. Couldn't have asked for a better dev team

I was a mr.t bass ass mofo now I'm some bitch ass boy school bitch! what the f?@$! I pity the fool who made me look like a kanye west bitch ass n*#%er!

Kill yourself, furshit.

lol look at this vanilla fag

They killed final fantasy by taking out beasts and robots and replaced them with ass wipe bro teenager characters.

I agree, they took the fantasy out of final fantasy

>every Final Fantasy up to ??? had beastmen and robots
>after that ambiguous point there were no longer beastmen and robots ever again

Yeah they're probably just going to make it so you can get by just playing them separately like the XIII saga like it or not

I hope barrett feels more like a tank instead of all characters just being slightly weaker Clouds

if you want him to be a tank, build him to be a tank

So what were the characters classes anyways? I get that cloud is a fighter, Tifa a monk, Aeris a white mage, Yuffie a thief and Cid a dragoon, what were the others?

i fixed wedge's monster face

Cloud - Super Powered Red Mage
Everybody else - Red Mage

I think technically speaking is more correct, but the limit breaks are definitely reminiscent of the classes you described. Yuffie obv. ninja, vincent a summoner maybe? never actually played with him, missed him entirely. What about cait sith?

Nah fuck off 9fag.
But you're right about FF8 being terrible though.

>Ruin
No. It will not ruin Final Fantasy VII. What will ruin it are the EXTREMELY HIGH expectations that everyone have. Let me say right off the back that this game, the moment it was announced, it was doomed. The amount of nitpicking that will go on when this game comes out. It's going to be a very annoying month.

>Tifa's tits
Sigh, another SJW episode coming soon. I bet that's why they're taking so long to reveal her.

FF8 did that and nobody complained.

The only thing they need to do is rerelease the original game with updated graphics. If they try to remake the game with a new story and changed dialogue and characters and basically make a game that looks like its based on the wikipedia article for the game, its going to suck. It just depends on how they go about it.

After being shat upon with two godawful spinoffs and a soulless cash-in movie I don't see how FF7 can get any worse.

Well the game is already confirmed action combat and not turn based like the original, so I guess it's already ruined for most. I don't really care because there's still the original game that you can play on every single piece of hardware. BUT, and screenshot this because I know it's going to happen; after the full game releases or if the hate is just too much from the very beginning, after cashing in Square is going to remake FFVII Remake [insert some extra box text here] with the original turn based combat that everyone wanted from the beginning. Dude I know it's going to happen and would probably be best if everyone doesn't buy the first version of this game.

I wouldn't really care. I don't think the original had stellar gameplay or anything, so as long as its mediocre or better action RPG gameplay in the remake it won't bother me. I'm more worried about the dialogue, story and music. Also, the little minigames and other shit that was strewn throughout, like the fort condor stuff, or the marching minigame, and all that shit.

Jessie survives or no buy!

Couldn't a mod replace the character models with updated ones?

why is this the best reaction out there.

youtube.com/watch?v=Q0tifgGWZEM&index=11&list=LLESkFVjB3GYVbWWZVDUgqOg

I want to tie both of you up in a dungeon for having asinine taste.

remember when Final Fantasy 9 was considered bad compared to the previous games?

13 and 15, retard.

The cast we've seen so far is faithful to the original designs and actions of FFVII.
A good amount of complaints are about how Cloud is for to be emo like in AC, which is pretty obvious bullshit. Or it'll remove lighthearted scenes like Wall market, which was complained about so much that it was confirmed to stay in shortly after the announcement.

The only kegitcomplaint do Faris people complaining about the change in combat, because that is an actual change some people might not like.

yes, i regret saying that after the release of FFX and its abomination.

Much better.

True facts: Barret was only Mr. T because of the localization team. He's nothing like that in the Japanese version, and chances are he's going to be translated straight, because Square-Enix are a bunch of retards and love to shoot themselves in the feet like that.

Never played FFVII, can someone explain or post a video on the "slide". I notice all the people that reacted to the first trailer knew it was FFVII the moment the girl was on the slide. Who is that girl and why does she or the slide have such an impact?

i never thought final fantasy IX was a bad game

The slide is from an area early in the game. The girl isn't important.

people loved 9 too, but wanted more of the scifi shit because it was new, now the scifi pseudo-future stuff is really getting tired and worn out, i think going back to fantasy settings would be a good move

Toriyama go away and stop posting.

The slide was what they were reacting to, the girl was just some girl.

>mfw a sequel to FF9 with a fully fledged free roam Lindblum City

Doesnt the new hitman do that? I tried buying a part of it and it said i needed the first part.

It's like looking in a mirror.

Spooky.

I'll have to watch that trailer again. I never noticed that it was the Garfield slide.

And then proceed to love us? Your way?

I remember when people were saying that about FF10. Now it's one of the most popular games in the series.

DLC where you can store Jesse's dead body in a crate on the Highwind.

The old game won't cease to exist.

So there, you're wrong.

Wedge is SUPPOSED to look retarded.

Fucking idiots and their "fixing"

As long as this faggot is never seen, heard or mentioned then it will be fine.

>ruin the game
I can assure you the original will still play the same.

Nah he just looks gay here.

>implying it's not saving the series
now's my chance at my first final fantasy game

Thats because of young little shits. Their first FF was that shitstain and they played it before they had developed any standards and they are often the cringeworthy weebs that spout japanese words in public, of course they find it good.

I'm just wondering why the fuck steven universe is there and wearing that outfit.

Cloud's "what the shit are you doing in my game?" look is great though.

Too bad, Genesis secret boss, you like or don't like, we give no shit. You still give us money anyway.
You like Zack? Zack gone, replaced with Genesis. Sephiroth? Never heard of him, replaced with Genesis.

nobody alive even knew he existed except for shinra executives and sephiroth

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEDEEEEEEEEMTIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNN

this guy was an even shittier clone of kuja. how did they not realise that fuckup the first time?

>there are people in this thread right now who believe FF7R won't be even more severely downgraded than FFXV

Oh god that would be great
Imagine Lightning punching random people and making snarky one liners throughout the whole game
Everyone on this planet not called Toriyama would be so fucking mad
It would be hilarious

How many episodes is it going to come in? 7, 8?

ff7r is on the unreal engine with no free roam or giant monster battles. i dont see how it could.

FF8 had beasts and robots though

Hating FFX is literally only done by underage. I was exactly like you when I was like, 16.

FFX is a masterpiece, you'll get it eventually.

It's pretty obvious that they'll make the game open world for padding. You'll probably be able to find Zack's grave and other landmarks. If it's not pushed to the PS5 or something, it'll be downgraded to the extreme.

>implying they won't have at least 50 Zack flashbacks per episode

You're really underestimating how popular Crisis Core is. No I don't get it either.

He's also a shittier clone of Sephiroth.

>how did they not realise that fuckup the first time?

Why should they care? As long as it prints money, that's all that matters to Square.

No they adopted the shitty dissidia style

I ironically liked Genisis just because he was major fucking dick to everyone. Literally trips over Zack after finding a sweet mother dead.

They already ruined FF7 when Cloud started acting like Sasuke.

They can't use his likeness. The faggot J-Pop nigger he's based on won't let them, so there will luckily be no Genesis. I doubt they'd even want him in the remake.

Say what you want about 8/9/10 but they were comfy as fuck despite the bleakness behind each game. 7 was lovely but the world wasn't as bleak but was presented as bleak which didn't hit 100% with me.

8s in a stable time loop where you realize all that death and destruction and struggling will repeat itself ad infinitum despite the happy ending.

9 is literally "GENOCIDE, WAR CRIMES 24/7: The Game" that dips its toes into "planetary destruction that actually happens". It's close to 6 in that regard (a very good thing).

X is a setting where every living thing lives in fear of an immortal god-whale that stifles any technological advancement where you are also oppressed by a borderline dictatorial religious sect. Your only solace is underwater football. Oh yeah, and your dead loved ones have a chance of turning into monsters that tear anyone who strays from population centers to shreds.

Yet these 3 games have plenty of elements of happiness and staying positive, high adventure and the like. It was really something special for me.

I never understood that whole "dream" aspect of FF10. I get that Tidus and Zanarkand are dreams, but why? Who summoned them, and for what purpose?

Baseless rumours, unfortunately.

Kind of hard to ruin something that was mediocre to begin with.

Jecht did. He wanted to see his son again.

Not baseless

>lion mane hair
>not spiked up properly

Fucking Advent Children, I swear to God.

>Who summoned them
The people of Zanarkand that were made into fayth, the ones you see on Mt Gagazet, are used by Yu Yevon to collectively summon Dream Zanarkand.
>for what purpose?
To try to preserve Zanarkand in some way since they realized they were going lose the war with Bevelle.

Zankarland was made by Yu after the old one was on the Brink of being destroyed.

Why Tidus didn't exist while Jecht did? I forget, maybe he fucked a Zankarland ghost or something.

The fayth are the spirits of people who gave their lives to allow Zanarkand Summoners the ability to control pyreflies. This power enabled them to create Aeons from them.

After Zanarkand got rekt, the fayth of its inhabitants created a dream version of it far out at sea (the initial one with Tidus and the like). When Jecht managed to get to the Mainland, he became Sin and used his will to go to Dream Zanarkand and wreck the place again, to allow Tidus to adventure with Braska' daughter Yuna to end the whole cycle and kick Yu Yevon's ass directly.

already been conirmed ther integrating all fhe sequel prequel plot vomit in an interview

>Why Tidus didn't exist while Jecht did?
Tidus exists as much as Jecht does, they're dreams of the fayth and are summoned into reality by them.

love isn't real

>modern day square enix
>doing anything right

lel good one m8

He had a fan club in midgar. Had like three girls constantly say how deep he was for liking loveless

No one will be happy with it, that's for sure. People have ideas about this game and the series as a whole which are delusional. Same with TES - both apparently brilliant series which can do nothing but wrong.

I don't really care much for it. It's clearly aimed to get a quick but from these deluded little children and their fantasies about VII, Best Game in the Entire Universe.

Alright thanks. I never could fully grasp 10's plot despite it being my second favorite FF behind 7.

That's completely false. They haven't confirmed either way. A statement implied they wouldn't be adding much in terms of new elements, but it wasn't specific enough to confirm or deny integrating Compilation stuff.

But why Tidus and Jecht, though?

Jecht happened to end up in Spira after getting lost at sea and ended up becoming Sin. As Sin he the brought Tidus to Spira so he could defeat him.

They literally hired cc2 to help them with the episodic stuff. That ain't gonna be a problem.

That's only funny because Zack is dumb.

See they hired the .hack people to handle it for them.

Look closely at Clouds face

Literally Lightning

Look closely at your post

Literally autism

Well I am autistic why do you think i'm here

I liked him.

Still do.

Cloud is best girl

>someone doesn't remember how much of an angsty faggot cloud was in the first half of the game

Not interested... Tch.

>Cannot backtrack because of 3 discs

Hmm...

>Remaking the most overrated FF in the entire series

It's literally the CoD4 of Final Fantasy games.

>nobody but me knows about the easteregg in the original if you called yourself AVALANCHE when Biggs asks for Cloud's name.

Go on, do it. Nobody believes me when I tell them. Did that shit at 15.

The first Persona game had an branching story path hidden behind a character no one knew existed.

You would prefer the one where Cloud doesn't have a torso?

What happens?

>It's literally the CoD4 of Final Fantasy games.

So it's when the series actually became worth a shit? Okay if you say so.

I'm actually pretty excited for the new battle system. I LOVED the materia system, but I hated how easy it made the ATB battles. I think it's gonna be pretty fucking gnarly in a real time KH-style battle system.

Not baseless, but inaccurate. What actually happened is his contract with SE in regards to the character ran out years ago, and to re-use his likeness would mean having to negotiate a new one with his agent.

Not really worth it for a game he shouldn't be part of.

That said, I WOULD be 200% okay with the idea of Cloud finding his sword as a hidden weapon and using it in battle. As much as I hated genesis, his weapon was pretty cool.

>Cloud, where'd you get that sword?
>"Found it."
>"What do you mean, 'found it?' What if it belongs to someone?
>"Kyominane. Mine now."
>It looks really fancy. Who do you think it belonged to?
>"Probably some wanker."

Just finished the fan translation that is "correct" He talks like MR T in that too.

All they did is fill in the the profanity.

it'll be meh.

7 was a product of a very special time in games, when they could be 3D, and other aspects.

There's also a shitload in that game that most likely can't make it in the remakes and you've forgotten about it all.

it's a series, not bunch of episodes.

it's all a linear story line.

Funny thing is FF7 was the first JRPG I ever played and the only time I named my characters was in that game, and I called Barret Mr T.

>materia system
nah man, too slow/not cuhrazee enough
there will be a materia slot machine in a corner of the screen
every materia will last 5 to 15 seconds
some materia will require microtransactions to be used mroe than once a day
some will be DLC

please never write videogames or anything else tia

There was also something about Gackt getting buthurt about Genesis being a bad guy.

So there is no chance he is in the remake without some serious rewrites.

Guy rage quit FF7 because his oc donut STEEL was a bad guy.

Not much.

>Biggs: AVALANCHE? AVALANCHE?!

Or something like that.

As much as I really want to believe this I'm gonna need sauce.

they already ruined it with this realistic art style instead of going for something similar to his Smash4 design.

Let me know when I can ride chocobos. Then I'll let you know

Google has failed me but if someone knows moon they could look it up on jap pages, i did stumble across the fact that he claimed Squall was based on him(hes one vain bastard aint he).

Nomura has gone on record and said she based squall on River Phoenix

Not him, but that's kind of how most contracts work for actors.

There are contingencies in place that prevent a producer from calling the actor back for a sequel after a certain length of time without renegotiating a new contract. This is usually done to help prevent scheduling conflicts as well as give the actor some leeway. "I was ready to do this seven years ago, where were you then? You want me to come back after all this time? I want more money."