What was the best Star Wars FPS?

What was the best Star Wars FPS?

Republic commando

OP pic related.
No Jedi BS
No outlandishly designed levels
No annoying AI partners
Logical, intuitive puzzles
Story that fit in and expanded but didn't retcon or otherwise alter the source material

You posted it OP.

you forgot:
Look surprisingly amazing consdering the engine

tie between dark forces 1 and 2

What other SW FPS's are there?

Well, except for the very first level. The way that Katarn walks into some base, kills like 6 stormtroopers, and walks out with the fucking Death Star plans that are so important Darth Vader has to hunt the plans down is pretty damn idiotic. Not to mention it clashed with the whole things about the Rebels wining a military battle to get the plans according to ANH opening crawl.

I never got very far in Dark Forces which I really regret. I simply found the level design really confusing, not impossible, just enough I found I wasnt having fun. I had no problem with any of the other games in the series though.

That giant circular vault with sliding doors that you had to crack was a bit outlandish. Good puzzle though.

>Kills giant lizards with his bare fists.

This made him a canon character.

For me:
Dark Forces 2>Dark Forces 1>Republic Commando

I don't really consider Jedi Knight 2 and Jedi Knight Academy FPS games since you spend probably 70% of the game in 3rd person.

Jedi Knight
Jedi knight academy
Republic commando...

Jedi Knights were TPS with an FPS option. Much like Hitman and Battlefront.

god, I hated that part and that level.
>Kills giant lizards with his bare fists.
I seriously though you were supposed to do something else, because it looked so idiotic, even by 90s fps standard.

Which counts.

Says who?

>TPS with first person option
other way around bud

It doesn't since it's shit as a fps

All FPS are shit vs. TPS.

Battlefront III

My list:

Jedi Outcast
Republic Commando
Jedi Academy
Dark Forces

POWER GAP

Jedi Knight
Mysteries of the Sith

>not liking Mysteries of the Sith

IIRC it had awful lightsaber combat and enemies that could kill you very quickly in melee, making it very frustrating to play.

Also I forgot the Battlefronts:

Jedi Outcast
Republic Commando
Jedi Academy
Battlefront II
DICE Battlefront
Dark Forces

POWER GAP

Jedi Knight
Mysteries of the Sith

>lightsaber combat and enemies that could kill you very quickly in melee,
as it should be

Dark Forces 2

My problem was that you couldn't control your lightsaber very well, which made most melee fights a matter of luck. I will admit that Outcast and Academy weren't perfect either, but there I at least felt like I had some control over what I was doing.

My nigga.

the combat were like EYE before EYE.

>tap tap tap tap tap tap
>clonc clonc clonc clonc clonc clonc
>tap tap tap tap tap tap

I tried Republic Commando after everyone was praising it to high heavens but I found it kind of lackluster.

Why are the Super Battle Droids such bullet sponges?

Because you have to focus on their weak points and they are called "super" for some reasons.

To shake up gameplay so you arnt fighting nothing but droids that go down with a single shot to the head

The one that made me feel.

>muh feel
>muh feel in a Star wars game

>just because it's Star Wars mean you can't feel

>just because I have feel over stupid crap, it's the best game ever

Worst one, easily. Terrible realism shooter gameplay that has no place in Star Wars.

Dark Forces 2 is the best.

>Jedi Knights were TPS
The dumbest words ever spoken in a Star Wars thread are yours.

>best game ever
No one said that nigger, they just said it's their favourite SW FPS, which would make sense. RC is one of the best SW games anyway.

i played this 2 years ago and I was greatly disappointed with the sev part. it wasn't even sad it was like 5 seconds of radio speech and then they dropped the issue entirely.

you guys really like to play shit up.

not to mention the game was 3 fucking levels.

>FPS

No thanks, I'm playing better games, like Force Unleashed.

force unleashed was fun

3 missions.

I can see how people miss understand why people speak up the Sev thing. Its not that the moment was really sad, is that you arnt allowed to do anything about it. Everyone wanted to at least try.

>3 fucking levels

It was.

TFU was mediocre, TFU2 was garbage.

I literally enjoyed Dark Forces 1 more than Doom.

But Dark Forces 2 is even better than 1 to be honest.

The best Star Wars FPS has to be between Dark Forces 2 and Republic Commando.

Jedi Outcast is either on par or maybe even better than DF2 but it's not a pure FPS, and neither is Battlefront 1/2 even though they are also about on par with DF2 and RC.

I think I will go with Republic Commando as best pure FPS because even in DF2 you could go third person at times with the lightsabre.

>tfw Imperial Commando never
>EA would just ruin it anyways if it was made now

Pleb as fuck taste, Jedi Knight and MotS are great fucking games, better than Dark Forces 1 and Jedi Academy.

>tfw Imperial Commando never

Motherfucking battlefront 2 for the Ps2

What book is this?

Old school would obviously be Dark Forces 2

Newer would be Republic Commando

Cancelled SW games.

Man some of those games sound cool. (Even is a few of them are clearly the same game with different working titles)

I would have loved to try one of those Rebel Agent games

it was. after kashyyk I was expecting to be sent into another battle without sev. but nope. abrupt credits roll.

as much as I loved this back in the day the gameplay in the new game is miles better

There arnt 3 levels. There are 3 missions. Those missions have several levels inside of them.

But yes I was also expecting 1 more mission, or at least 1 more level after that.

How did you feel the first time this mother fucker chased you though the halls of that mine?

Whatever happened to that Darth Maul game? Looked like it would've been a fun Arkham Knight Ripoff desu.

Disney

f

Republic Commando in the Battlefront engine would be pretty neat

You could play the jedi knight games as a third person shooter you tard. If you just played with guns + force powers it is actually really fun. Obviously the lightsaber steals the show, but still they are fully functional and playable as FPS.

Jedi Knight 1. Outcast is terrible.

Well playing Jedi Knight in third person if you're using guns is pretty silly, the camera angle fucks with things a little bit as far as aiming at things close by you goes

>Outcast is terrible
>implying Raven Software were even capable of making a bad game in the 2000s
I like Dark Forces 2 as much as the next guy but get the fuck outta here with this shit compadre

I dunno, I played the moviebattles 2 mod for years and pretty much everyone uses third person for the gunplay in that because it's such a huge advantage. (Corner peaking, easier to dodge lightsabers.)

I played Outcast after playing Academy and boy, was it way harder and not in a good way.

I got an update from Moviebattles and now it's stuck on the title screen.
How do I fix it?

The awful platforming is terrible!

Fug. At least were getting that Visceral game which I'm pretty fucking sure is 1313 brought back like Prey 2. Its depressing that SW is going to to be whored out as FPS.

First I see people claiming The Witcher 1 was the best in the series, now I'm seeing people shit on Jedi Outcast. Is it Hot Take Tuesdays on Cred Forums? Jesus christ