Let's start a Kirby thread guys

let's start a Kirby thread guys

Kirby Superstar Ultra is the best Kirby.
youtube.com/watch?v=Kj3_e4T42nk

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nbcIF78vzo4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>not KDL3

Have he eaten Link before?

I could never beat that subgame as a kid, and still can't now.

these are kirbys from the future

I've never 100% it cuz I'm trash. Feels bad.
Agreed.

>Sword Kirby exists
>Eats Link
>Shoots Arrows
?????????????

>never got a chance to visit the Kirby Cafe and never will

Fuck this worthless existence

Never ever?
Fuck. I just lose the meaning of life

Zero's soul when?

They're open until november so there's still some time left.

What woukd happend if Kirby eats Miku?

mukirby

>tfw kirby air ride 2 never

where's the Kirby air ride guy?

Smash Run could have been a decent City Trial replacement.

It could have but it wasn't. Being unable to interact with the other players until the end was just one of its missteps.

What is the best versiĆ³n of green green?

epic yarn

bump

i havent played any ds/3ds kirby games and want to try one out. which should i get?

They're all good, but start with either Super Star Ultra or Planet Robobot.

Does anyone else kind of like the classic games over the new ones? I feel like the presentation was so much better back then. Now it seems like they're trying a bit too hard to make it all look shiny and clean

Wait what? They just opened up, how are they gonna shut down so fast?

it was temporal

Yogurt Yard > Butter Building > Ice Cream Island > Orange Ocean > Vegetable Valley > Rainbow Resort > Grape Garden

Prove me wrong.

Pro tip: Everyone has their own opinions and I'm actually pretty interested in hearing what other people think.

I haven't really played much of the series since the GBA era, with the exception of Super Star Ultra, but the 3DS games look really good.

Should I pick up Triple Deluxe or Robobot?

Kirby's Adventure still looks fantastic to me.

>Now it seems like they're trying a bit too hard to make it all look shiny and clean

Agreed. Not that I think it makes the games look terrible as a result, but I don't really like the effect. Lots of Wii-era games, especially Mario, seem to have this mindset of "shiny lighting effects = better graphics" and it was annoying. But if you look at something like Mario Kart 8 compared to Mario Kart Wii, they definitely made the lighting more natural, so I hope Kirby's next console game looks less shiny/reflective too.

Actual levels or level themes?

I finally got Kirby: Robobot.

This game is Pure fun. I loved Triple Deluxe but I never liked the Hypernova ability. The mech is way more fun especially since it almost doubles the abilities in game.

I still want a new sprited Kirby game though.

The music. I thought my image made that clear enough, sorry about that.

new console kriby when

Orange Ocean = Rainbow Resort = Ice Cream Island >Butter Building = Grape Garden >Vegetable Valley = Yogurt Yard

Has HAL talked about plans for future games or is too erly?

>there are no good Kirby memes

Not exactly, though I still cling to hope with that one interview where HAL expressed interest in maybe developing a 3D Kirby game.

>>there are no good Kirby memes

Hopes? Expectations?
I want them to remake DL3 but with the pacing fixed but I know the next game's most likely just gonna be another new gimmick one. Maybe it'll be that full 3D one they tested with Robobot

>what is borb
>what is SURELY YOU JESTIN
>what is gourmet race ytps

Bring pic related back. That is all.

I'm alright with them not doing remakes. I don't think we really need them. I'd rather see Kirby keep going in new interesting directions than fall into the trappings of endless remakes and nostalgia cash-ins.

>what is Drooling While Eating

I want them to remake the entire Dark Matter trilogy

>>what is borb
a meme that has run it's course

>>what is SURELY YOU JESTIN
Yeah this one is alright.

>>>what is gourmet race ytps
these are still being made?

forgot about this one, kek

>Drooling While Eating
Also forgot about this one.

It's a shame that 3 introduced so many new friends. It makes it a hassle to ever use them again because if they just use the original 3 everyone will bitch about the other 3 being one-offs

Should I abandon it, Cred Forums/? On world 3 and I'm not having fun. Not to mention that the controls can be frustrating sometimes.
At least looking at the character models and reading their descriptions is enjoyable.

Why?
She was in just Crystal Shards, right? no personality

If you aren't having fun by world 3 than yes, do it. You're not missing much anyway.

>gourmet race ytps

The original Snoop Dog meets Kirby is turning 10 on monday

that pic reminds me of Mahou Shoujo of the End

ADO
D
O

I've been completely blind to this game ever since its release (besides listening to the OST) until a few days ago when I watched a speedrun just to see what the game is like.

Definitely has way too many obligatory transformations and auto-scrolling segments for my tastes.

There is a surprising amount of these pictures, idk if it's a fetish or what but the Japs love em.

Because I like her, that's why.
You're completely wrong, of course. She was in Dream Land 3 and has a vibrant, patient personality if you pay attention.

I think it's a visual representation of the juxtaposition between Kirby being a cute pink puffball and a destroyer of eldritch horrors. Also, it's funny to see a muscular body topped with a simple, cutesy looking head.

>if you pay attention
read too much into something the developers had no intention of exploring

you mean like this?

Thanks, user. I was actually wondering if it'd deviate from the first few worlds, so apparently not. I still need to play the Wii Kirby collection, so I'll probably try that instead.

yeah, the first auto-scrolling level on world 2 turned me off even more. I hate auto-scrolling even when they're done right (like in DK's or Yoshi's series)

Yeah that makes sense.

It's kind of ironic since during the SNES era they were worried about graphics becoming too computerized, clean, and sterile, which was why went in the opposite direction from that with Yoshi's Island and Kirby's Dreamland 3.

Sir Kibble is the best common enemy

I can see that

Explains all the muscular 2hu stuff

youtube.com/watch?v=nbcIF78vzo4

Next Kirby game should be about time travel.

Kirby is best Kirby

KIRBY WARRIORS WHEN

>Kirby Superstar Ultra is the best Kirby.
>Posts a video of Kirby Super Star

Original KSS is the best Kirby. All KSSU has going for it is new content, but that comes at the expense of sound quality, needlessly changed controls, and a complete ruining of the art direction.

>what is borb
A shit excuse for fetishists to do cringeworthy roleplaying.
>what is SURELY YOU JESTIN
Decent meme, not really that popular though.
>what is gourmet race ytps
God-tier when used well.

I apologize.

>complaining about the control "changes"
Holy shit, the legends were real

I've played the original KSS to death. When KSSU came out I constantly pressed the wrong inputs because of muscle memory telling me to press B to jump, Y to inhale, and A to create a partner/lose a power-up.

Kirby Superstar has the some of the least enjoyable movement in the series.
>Fixed jump height
>Floating gets really slow after like 3 puffs
>Sliding feels slow

Squeak Squad had the best movement, prove me wrong

I don't want to prove you wrong
I think that enjoying squeak squad is good and I'll enjoy both
I hope you have a good day

Well you know what I think?

That you're a cool dude and I hope you have a nice day too.

Favorite abilities?
It's been Leaf for me since RtDL, but PRB gave it a serious competitor in the shape of poison.

thanks user

Its still a non-issue really, and far from "needless" when Super Star and DL3 are the only Kirby games with said control scheme, statistically speaking A to jump and B to inhale will confuse the least amount of people, even those who played Super Star because they may also have been playing any other Kirby game

>Kirby cafe opened up in Osaka a month after I moved back to the United States

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

My favorite ability will always be mirror.

Speaking of poison, I actually had a dream about the poison ability last night. It was portrayed in a very negative light. I wanted to use it, but people were saying "It's fucking poison, it's terrible. You shouldn't use poison! That stuff is nasty". Something like that. It was weird.

>2016
>moving back to the US
Please tell me it was partly out of your control

>poison
It's fucking poison, it's terrible. You shouldn't use poison! That stuff is nasty.

It was out of my control. I was living on credit by that point and barely eating. Lost 30 pounds because of starvation. I would have stayed if I wasn't miserable at that point.

Always was a big fan of mirror but ever since TD Circus has been my bae

Really? Circus? It always seemed shitty and gimmicky.

YO-YO ALL DAY
Seriously though, it's OP as hell and Kirby looks sweet with a backwards cap

Mine has always been a toss-up between Mirror and Yo-Yo, although recently I have been a lot of mileage out of Doctor and Poison since those are the ones I'm most comfortable with when it comes to the Arenas in Robobot.

its weird as hell when you first try it out but once you learn it there's nothing more fun than styling on niggas while bouncing around and dancing on their corpses

I'd like it a lot more if you could cancel the backflip at the end of the normal attack with a crouch or something

ICE

>Skating around at the speed of sound
>That aerial ice breath twirl being cool as shit, especially the fast version
>Stuffing enemies/stars into your face and shooting them out as high-damage ice blocks (abilities with grabs are always great fun against bosses)
>The snowball roll which I somehow only just discovered in Robobot
>Fuck blocking stances, I'm just gonna freeze myself into a fucking ice cube

well you shouldn't really be spamming or using the normal attack much, but if you really wanna do it, face the opposite way and do the back normal, that one doesn't bounce back and can be chained, but it has a moment of vulnerability

Stone ever since it got the down-b to make an enormous stone

>turn the other way and do the back normal
Why did I never think of that? Thanks user

I love the Ice sound effects in KSSU