Skyrim thread

Remaster soon-ish
Post expectations, fears, characters, stories, screenshots

it is looking really good
subtle leak

>Expectations

That it's going to be exactly the same just with better textures. Beth is too lazy to actually change anything for the better. It'll still be a million dungeons populated by draugers, paper dragons will be everywhere, and it'll be packed full of bugs.

Why? What are you expecting OP?

I expect it to be a simple update thats been needed for quite some time for those on x64 systems. I wish they would've did more with it like include the Gamejam stuff they showed all those years ago but I can let that go. I'm sure console mods will cause a shitstorm that will eventually calm down, feel kinda bad for PS4 users that won't get mod support.

All we have to wait for is for SKSE to update.

>What are you expecting OP?
Literally nothing. Would be a pleasant surprised if the remaster has better stability but I won't be surprised if it doesn't.

>expectations
Exactly the fucking same game

>hopes
Would be nice if they restored the unused dialoge lines/added some lines to the game.

Also I hope my mods will be compatible with the remaster on day 1.

But this is bethesda so both has 0% chance of happening.

The only reason they are doing this is so all the mods are broken so they get remade hoping that modders will say 'might as well make this work on consoles too'.

Maybe give paid mods a second shot.

>Also I hope my mods will be compatible with the remaster on day 1.
They will, don't worry. But mods that require SKSE will require waiting for SKSE to update, then they'll work perfectly out the gate.

>then they'll work perfectly
*IN THEORY
Anticipate the worst

>Anticipate the worst
But I don't wanna. I want to be hopeful.

>leak
Nice try, but we've already seen how the game looks in trailer.

Sometimes I wonder why my game doesn't feel as immersive as you guys' screenshots.

Then I boot my game, see Jojo Stands and immediately remember why.

>having hope
>not being a jaded cynical fuck
baka desu senpai

>Then I boot my game, see Jojo Stands and immediately remember why.
uhh what?

>expectations
Remaster breaks all mods completely. Has more bugs than vanilla game. Horribly unoptimized.
>fears
Remaster breaks all mods completely. Has more bugs than vanilla game. Horribly unoptimized.
>characters
Dunmer, female, two-handed sword, light armor, flame atronachs and necromancy.

>this is the game newfags claim is immersive

It is immersive. When you're alone somewhere in the open and there are no NPCs around.

I hope land dragons make a comeback.

God that part was so disappointing

>Want to be a werewolf
>Wandering around
>Hear about some kind of shifty ass people near Markarth
>Spend like six hours combing the mountains around Markarth hoping for werewolves
>Finally look it up
>"Oh, werewolves are in the starter town!"
>God damn it
>Do their 3 quests
>"Wana be a werewolf?"
>y
>"You must attend our super secret ritual in a super secret location!'
>Sounds sweet. Is it under the skyforge?
>"No, shut up!"
>Go under Skyforge
>Three assholes standing around picking their nose
>That fucking werewolf blood part
>"Okay, you're a werewolf now. Have fun."

On the plus side, being a werewolf was fun as fuck. Sprinting around like a maniac and tearing bitches apart hit-and-run style was pretty fucking satisfying. People crying that werewolves were under-powered clearly didn't know how to werewolf.

>On the plus side, being a werewolf was fun as fuck. Sprinting around like a maniac and tearing bitches apart hit-and-run style was pretty fucking satisfying
This is all false
It was clunky, you couldn't loot shit, combat was beyond fucking awful, unless you played on easiest difficulty, not to mention everyone used to attack you on sight

It was clunky if you just stood there and swiped at people, yeah, but that's why you sprint around doing takedowns and sprinting off.

If you were retarded and hit a doorframe while trying to sprint out of a packed room, that's what the roar that scared people was for.

Looting was a bit annoying, but what ever. I'd werewolf, kill everyone, then just go around looting afterwards. It wasn't that big of a deal unless you just couldn't find that one guy with that sword that looked cool.

Werewolfing was fun as fuck.

Argonian master race

By which I of course mean Hist master race

Is Enderal still relevant?

>expectations
not much, since mods actually exist

however, I'd be quite shocked if they actually turned the Skyrim cities into actual cities and not 6-7 houses and a big castle and updated the AI on the NPC's to actually have a full routine in cities similar to Morrowind, but that would require work

>Thinking they will actually rework shit like this

Naw, man, naw. It's just a texture pack they are selling at full price, and will change a few minor things in the code so all the mods break.

>Expecations

Literally none. We all know it is just going to be a couple of visual upgrades that can only be achieved with mods.

Anyway what are the best lore-friendly vanilla-npc overhaul mods?

Khajiit werewolf with heavy gauntlets was my favorite run. Starts off strong as hell and then just never levels.

Isn't it free if you have the game and all the DLC?