Imagine that you have a kid. How would you introduce them to vidyas, and would you even do that?

Imagine that you have a kid. How would you introduce them to vidyas, and would you even do that?

If you already do have kids, share your story with us.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Q-qAREXVUXk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Start off with emulating the classics so they can appreciate how shit modern gaming is, like their old man.

bump.

I don't think I want my kid to play much videogames because they are different from when I was growing up

I used to play sega genisis as a kid, the kids in my neighborhood had them. We would trade games, go over each others houses to play them, and the games aren't even particularly long either so once we finished we would go do something else.

my brother who was born 12 years later grew up on xbox360, games lasing several hours, taking a whole day or more to play through, and online multiplayer never needing to interact with another person

and to show for it he's a lanklet with no friends and crippling anxiety about face to face interaction with other people

I'm /fit/ and everybody enjoys being around me, and I still play lots of games, but my mind was not warped by them

>How would you introduce them to vidyas
Simple. You don't. At the very least not until very late in their development, after they have been heavily exposed to more intense disciplines like achieving inthe athletics fields, an instrument, and academia in well-rated private schools.

Anything else creates subpar adults. If I wanted a son that grew up into some run-of-the-mill IT worker, I'd just adopt a Cred Forumsirgin at age 18.

I was just about to say you sound like a healthy person, and then i saw you mentioned /fit/.

Good job dude!

Good luck with that.
>implying they won't cry for a tablet and iphone by the time they leave preschool

>expose kids to games
I wouldn't.

That's every other parents job. Its my job to ensure that my kid can outcompete theirs.

Pic related. Every kid in this pic is much more intelligent than anyone on Cred Forums.

I don't go on /fit/, I AM /fit/
big difference

Parent of a 15 year old girl with high functioning autism here. When she was young I made sure to limit her time playing video games and temporally took them away when she misbehaved. I also encouraged her to participate in lots of out going activities with other kids. Now she is on her high school volley ball team and even has several normie friends. She plays video games once in a while but it is a very minor part of my life. I had her when I was just a teenager my self and dealing with her tantrums were hard but I refused to be one of those parents who just gave up and let her hibernate in a fantasy world all day long. I can't even imagine how she'd of turned out if I went down that road especially with all that social media crap.

>all these people wanting there kids to become normie chads
I'd introduce him to the best games for the best consoles. Gotta get him hooked first.

Seriously is rather have a close autismo virgin as my son than a distant Chad asshole

Football, football, football and maybe LaCrosse
With piano or violin at early ages

That ensures your son is allowed to be creative in an artistic medium, gain genuine exposure to social dynamics and shows him how to work within a team and lead a given team.

You need to raise a man, not a little boy.

Seriously, the beard does not fit.

He is completely hairless except the beard.

It's like a fake beard he put on thinking he's blend in with the north folk.

you say that now, but then you will realize your mistake when they never move out of your house or get a job making more than minimum wage

I will PROTECT your girl.

>normie Chads
Sure kiddo, an Ivy League offensive player is totally a normie and not the guy that leads those normies.

Well he had a goatee and moved to the snowy north so it does make sense and it does fit. I know what you mean with the hairless rest of his body though.

so you dont know get shaving works?

>Thought this was an edit that gave the kid "just fuck my shit up" hair
>It's just his actual hair

my plan is to have them play all the great snes games I played and mario/zelda games I played. Once they hit like 8 we'll transition into soft violence and then once they're like 14 I'll let them play multiplayer online games that aren't fucking cancer.

so, you are not gay?

I feel bad for my actions as a kid while reading this.

>tfw you know videah will do more harm than good

thumbs up for every user that realize this. You (and your kid) are going to make it.

>footballers
>musicians
>manly

>how autistic parents create equally subpar children

Exposing your kid to a random consumer product will totally make your kid as much of an "intellectual" as you are Cred Forums. Videogames should be their life.

I wouldn't introduce him or her to vidya. Hell, I wouldn't even let them watch an excessive amount of TV or let them have a smartphone. Media technology pollutes the young mind.

Star Ocean
Arc the Lad
Growlancer
Wild Arms
Angelique: Tenkuu no Chikonka
Final Fantasy

As long as they out compete your hellspawn, it all works out.

not only that, I even kiss girls

How to create a kid that interacts with others using stilted anime dialogue.

Good job.

And you have to give them one why?

youtube.com/watch?v=Q-qAREXVUXk

Sam Hyde was right, especially his bit about the "gamer" couple's kid.

How was he able to stereotype you so perfectly, Cred Forums?

like this
And then branch off from there

no better contraception than getting your kids into weebshit

>expose your kid to games and make him autistic and a social outcast within other children
>practice healthy parenthood and make your kid ''uncool'' and a social outcast within other children

I'll just tell you how my father did it

>buys an n64
>plays vidya cause he's a cool dude
>>woah that looks awesome dad
>hey son wanna play?
>>yeah!
>help him beat the legend of hercules
>occasionally let's us rent vidya from i think it was gamefreak or something
>guy inside was a chill dude that hooked us up with a gameshark

He's a willed bitch. He'd get bullied by his wife, bullied by his kids, and bullied by his boss and would do anything to placate them at all times.

These are the modern fathers we have among the millennial generation. Weak.

MADMAN

>uncool
If you do your job well and avoid sending your kid to shitfest schools, this will be a non-issue.

I teach kids and there is this 10 year old named john, he's a very fat half asian kid and looks like a sumo wrestler. He has a 7 year old brother and the two of them are on ipads constantly, the brother is just the worst.
Took john and some kids outside to play a few games, we were playing tag and when john was it he said [TARGET ACQUIRED] in a robot voice and then ran for about 30 feet before getting tired and giving up

that's the kind of damage videogames do

FACT: Most of Cred Forums's kids will end up this fucker.

This is what you are creating.

Why does every child have to play an instrument too being or look intelligent. Your logic and advice is very bad.

Probably just real time strategy games as he's growing up, and then arena shooters later.

Only the challenging stuff only on. No babby shit.

>implying they won't cry for a tablet and iphone by the time they leave preschool

and you have to give it to him/her because....

don't let your kids treat you like their bitch. You are his/her parent, not his wallet.

Unless you are rich as fuck and you just don't give a fuck.

>I'm bitter because my parents didn't moderate my intake of video games and other digital media and I partially blame them for why I'm so useless as an adult: the post

Don't be a shitty parent and blame it on the video games user.
Learn to put your fucking foot down, but also learn to not put it down too hard

>mfw i knocked over a display once at a grocery store and my mom didnt feed me for 3 days
>this kid probably got another tablet or a mbp

He won't even get to walk into my man-cave let alone touch my vidya

>Thinking you have control of your parenting.

Here's a tip, it's not gonna happen. All that shit that messed you up about your parents? It's inside you now. Every mistake or abuse has been absorbed and when the pressure of being a parent comes along it'll pour out of you like a sponge and into them. They're not going to be perfect because you're not perfect because your parents weren't perfect and so on. Your hold has a chance to be great, but ultimately it's not going to happen because you were in charge, and that's life.

Someone is clearly the middle child.

Raised by a woman and a low test male.

You have to make the kid work for what he wants. Unless its a daughter, then who cares.

>football
>piano and violin
lol

>that's the kind of damage videogames do
Yeah. I bet he's the only kid who plays video games.

learning music (instrument doesn't matter) increase intelligence in young kids. Just like learning a new language or learning any kind of art.

The problem is when obsessed parents take this as an excuse to project their frustrations on their kids.

tl;dr: Learning music helps in the mental development of an infant (and adult too).

>Thinking you have control of your parenting.

t. the guy with shit parents.

Modded Wii loaded with all types of old vidya.

Kids only need to play an instrument at very young ages to get the mental benefits. If that's too much for you to handle, don;t worry about it. I'm sure your kids are turning out just fine with their weird DeviantArt account and Minecraft obsession.

If you're really so broken into that kind of thinking that you don't have the will to be better than your parents, do yourself and everyone else a favor by not reproducing. It's that simple

>Imagine that you have a kid.

If you think videogames are so bad, why do you play them?

>Unless its a daughter,
Daughters = insta-abort. They are great at young ages, since they are essentially the same as sons but in the teen years the only good aspect they bring to the table is that you can mock their ridiculousness.

>having kids in this time period
im sure youll raise your wifes son into a fine man

The next generation should out compete the last. Stop trying to create a clone of yourself and instead improve upon what you were given when you were a child.
Stop shoving your interest down your son's throat before they even have a chance to know what they want.

this is a childcare place with many "enrichment" activities for the kids, there are supervised activities run by a teacher as well as free time

there is a firm correlation between the kids who choose to play games on the ipads having behavioral issues in class when compared to the kids who choose to color, climb on the jungle gym, or play on the basketball court

and our ipads have what could be considered appropriate games since they are at least mostly puzzles and rhythm games to help cognitive abilites

take it a step further and consider the kids who bring their own ipads, phones, or games and they are next to impossible to even get into the classes, they just say they dont want to go and spend the hour sitting on a chair with their face in the screen.

>having children

>Acadian
I could see Cred Forums giving their kid a fucking gay name like this.

>obessed parents
Like my african parents.
Their bullshit ruined my life and left with overleheming view of school. I understand that education is key to life but they took this shit to the next level. Video games didn't really have an effect in me other than it making me lazy shit at times.
At times i have more respect minimum wage workers than some of these narcissistic assholes who talk so much shit about them.

ALRIGHT LADS
TIME TO STOP BEING SUCH FUCKING DOWNERS HOLY SHIT

NAME OF YOUR FIRSTBORN GO
BOTH MALE AND FEMALE
MIDDLE NAME OPTIONAL

>talking about parenting
>posts le depressed man horse
I hope that wasn't meant to illustrate your point.

>left with overleheming
>obessed parents
?
>African
Oh. Nevermind.

Yea but also fuck those parents who force their kids in Bullshit activities they won't enjoy just so the parent feels like a failed miserable prick. I agree you limit the shit out of games and technology. Save it for a rainy day or the evenings. But let them find their own path.

but how will my son be the captain of the football team if i dont make him?

Male: John
Female: none because of abortion

Only name your kids something that could be at home on an election ballot. An election ballot that isn't in San Francisco.

>son
nothing
>daughter
nothing
i dont want kids

I'm not going to do any of that cringey shit
"i gave my boy a gameboy/nes and told him if he can beat this game he can work his way up" bullshit
his friends will all have Playstation 5, they'll make fun of him for playing a gameboy color instead of the 4DS. Imagine if your dad made you play some stupid shit he liked, like Jungle Hunt or Lock and Chase, rather than letting you enjoy what you wanted as you wanted

If he has an interest in old games? fine, but they're not forced, not obligatory, there is no reason to try and "de-casualize" your kid
pic related, it's hot

I named my daughter Murder, because that's what she did to all my hopes and dreams by being born

Was this picture taken in California? Just curious. Guy in the back is a man titted fatty

It's how the video games are being played that matters. Video games themselves are not harmful. Just about any kid will play video games to some degree.

Do you think a kid reading poor quality books all day long without any interaction with other kids is going to turn out just fine without any behavioral problems?

>mfw this is all part of the dads plan so when the kid gets older he can roast the fuck out of him for wanting to put makeup on and shit

You wish.
Its just a run of the mill safe-space degenerate. The wife is a fatty too.

>african parents.
>Their bullshit ruined my life and left with overleheming view of school.

You sound like a bitch who got it easy.

>have African parents
>they find out I had a white girl friend middle school
>Say that I should checking out books, not girls
>Mom chimps out and speaks loud Igbo in front of scared white neighboors
>mother grinds up garlic
>injects that shit into my ass
>A pain you can't believe for 3 hours. Shitting made it worse for a 10 minutes and then it starts to subside.

Africans are weird as shit.

Im gonna gate gaming for him, ill start getting him a Sega Mega Drive or snes and make him play some arcade games and super Mario.

When he's played enough well jump to psx and he will be allowed to get next generation after he finishes all of psx RPG classics, after he's done he will have to play FF IX for massive educational values. he will have to play 8 when hes grounded tho.

After that I'll allow him to get a tablet and touch my ps6, but at that point he will have patrician tastes already.

Do you think he's punding that cute and tight boyhole everyday or just occasionally?

Is this why Africa is so fucked up?

of course

my kid has gotten me banned from Cred Forums

What the fuck

this, specially because modern TV and cartoons are filled with political correctness and SJW propaganda, imagine a boy that watched Steven Universe when growing up, I'm not going to fuck my childrens mind so quickly