Is this the worst emulator ever fucking made? I can't even run MGS3 at 60fps on my OC'd i5 6600k and 1070...

Is this the worst emulator ever fucking made? I can't even run MGS3 at 60fps on my OC'd i5 6600k and 1070. Buggy piece of shit.

>i5

Try literally any N64 emulator ever.

>OC'd i5 6600k and 1070

Why is not having top of the range i7 or whatever considered laughable now?

that would be zsnes

but which one is the BEST? My vote goes to PPSSPP

Nope. You´re just underestimating the requirements for smoothly running some 6th gen games. And yes, the PCSX2 is far from ready at this point.

meme harder. P64 works just fine, even on toasters.

>at 4.5Ghz
>le need an i7 minimum for emulation meme

Really makes you think huh.

It is if you want to run PCSX2

PPSSPP is black magic, but I wish it had less input lag.

>meme
The OP is complaining about not being able to run it decently even though he is at 4.5 Ghz, I wouldn't say it's a meme

>using an underclocked 3570k
>ran it fine at 50fps PAL when I tried

Dolphin is pretty good

runs fine != good emulator
Project 64 is an objectively bad emulator

What emulators can I run at 60fps with those specs then?

Tell me the definition of "good" emulator in that case? If it can run all the major titles out there nicely, why would it be "bad" ?

Anything NOT PS2.
Also, most console games do not run at 60fps, no matter what. And if you remove the FPS limit, you will see the games moving in fast-forward mode.

it fucked me over trying to play Rogue Galaxy, got into that mining town and went straight into the roof of the town, out of bounds, the "fix" was to turn a hack on everytime i was in that town, but turn it off when i left because it caused more bugs, i wasn't gonna bother so i stopped playing.

>meanwhile Nocturne is running on an 8 year old processor and a 750ti at full speed
depends on the game, I guess

Your generic 64 and GB emulators. Maybe Dolphin. At least you're probably able to emulate ps2 games better than an actual ps2

I've been wondering but it is really irrelevant which version you play since PAL ones offer a choice of 50 and 60fps anyway?

I want to say Dolphin but the both of them are really fucking good. I think Dolphin might just edge it out by emulating two systems though. There's also netplay too, but I haven't ever tried it to have an opinion on that.

Mate I run a 2500K and have stable 60 in MGS3 in software mode fuck off with your memes.

It needs to run like the fucking console, not be old ass software stitched together with speedhacks and abandoned

I tried that "fix" too and it did essentially nothing, but that made me notice it only triggered on certain spots.

Some games emulate really well, but a lot do not. I get 60fps consistently when I play DDS or Dragon Quest 8.

>he plays in native resolution
L M A O

Does DMC3 run well on PCSX2?

>falling for the dolphin meme
I'll never believe you fags, you've claimed it was a "nearly flawless" but every update is "we fixed all these fucking emulation bugs, some of which made games previously unplayable ;^)

>He didn't get the point that an i5 is fine even if you want to run the CPU intensive software mode
Being retarded must be awful.

OpenGL or DirectX? What speedhacks are you using?

How is DDS? I bought it because Danger is so fucking catchy. Planning to play it tonight after beating Nyx in P3

>emulating 6th gen with anything less then an OC'd i7

top kek! really makes you think about the iq of this board, huh?

>It needs to run like the fucking console

Unless you're TASing, literally who gives a fuck. If the emulator runs the games well if not better than native hardware it's good.

Why even bother? Old games are mostly shite.

yeah I really don't know what these people are saying. I feel like none of them have spent more then 5 min looking up how to make each game run smoothly. 2 of the hardest games to run is persona 3 and 4 and after 30 min of setting it up it runs 60fps 90% of the time now.

>Planning to play it tonight after beating Nyx in P3
>tonight
>after beating Nyx in P3

Try again next week

Not them, my brother played DDS and like half way through DDS2, only glitch he got was some light sources (torches on the wall or some shit) being able to be seen all the way through the map/through walls.

>It needs to run like the fucking console
...so be stuck at 240p / 480i, and just play games?
Yeah, fuck that shit. If I run old games on my PC, I expect SOME level of enhancements. And I don´t give rat´s ass how that is achieved, as long as I do not experience clear glitches and corruptions while emulating.

We´ve finally gotten emus like the PGXP, that fixes the polygon and texture wobbling in PS1 games. Why the hell would I want anything less now??

>get my PS2 back up and going
>get ready to play some fucking Soul Nomad
>game keeps booting back to system menu and won't start the game
So uh... how well does Soul Nomad emulate? I have a laptop. I'm fucked aren't I?

I have no clue, never played it.
I've got a 6th gen i5 6300HQ and a 960M, if that helps at all.

I haven't played much of it since I just got it today but from what little I've played I enjoy it.

It's a 2D game, should run on moldy potato.

Dx 11 but that doesn't matter for software mode since it's only CPU and doesn't use the GPU. Mostly safe/balanced + MTVU.

It renders in DX11 it will not use the extra threads. An i7 would be of 0 difference. He is outperforming a stock 6700k under the same load by a decent amount.

>I have a laptop
that means jack shit.
Like with desktop PCs, it´s the SPECS that matter. It is a totally different thing to have some i7 + 8GB DDR4 + GTX 960M 2GB MSI laptop, and some 2006 Thinkpad.

I remember playing P3+4 on my old ass acer prebuilt that had a 2.4 dual core and a shitty laptop tier card. Still ran the game at 30 fps with massive framedips in combatand by massive I mean 5 fps in battle

>have a literal laptop with a 950m and an i5-6300hq that only runs @ 3.3ghz
>still run games on every emulator but CEMU just fine

Did I just luck out?

On PCSX2 it heavily depends on the game. General rule of thumb is the more popular the game was, more PCSX2 supports it. With less known games youre taking a gamble.

For instance I played Kuon and Blood Will Tell in it just fine with no problems whatsoever. But Michigan: Report From Hell just refused to run with a proper fps no matter what.

>tfw im running MGS3 fine with i5 3570 and 970

your pc is shit

Protip, pcsx cannot utilize more than 2 cores anyway.

i cant even play fatal frame with this pos
theres no depth with the emulator, or i need to fuck with it, and i cant be fucked

you ever change the renderer settings? and it really depends on the game

I got random crashes when I played it, be warned. Could've been the nightly build I was on though, since it happened less or not at all when I switched builds I forget which

Not the case at all

PAL or NTSC?

>download soul calibur 3 to play that strategy mode cause I remember it being fun and the character creation being great
>the creation is mediocre
>the strategy mode sucks ass

Teenage me had shit tastes

I hope the emulation improves, there are some games I'm afraid of being lost to mediocre emulation for the rest of time that will never see a proper rerelease.

this, I honestly forgot how my computer works though, I built it like 2 years ago when I started getting into PCfaging, but realized there's nothing worth while here.
It's weird though, I alwasy see anons complain that stuff won't run but I get pretty accurate results on a A10 APU

Your graphics card isn't going to be doing much when it comes to emulating PS2 - your processor is handling both the PS2's cpu and gpu, as well as emulating the interaction between them. This is why the PS2 is tricky to emulate, and you need so much power to run an old ass game that looks garbage.

no clue

but i played it fine at 1080p60fps