Just got this in the Steam sale.

What am I in for?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=f88tfiEAvXg
youtube.com/watch?v=_VjA3y87qMg
youtube.com/watch?v=WHf7MUSiES4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

80 hour long prologue

this thread again? fuck off Falcomshill with your shitty game.

short skirts + frustrating camera that never lets you see pantsu

Ao?

This game looks so generic.

Does Cold steel have the same ammount of bullshit missable quests and books as Tits?
Love the games but it feels kinda bullshit when some quests and best weapon books are missable just because you didnt talk to some random npc in an insanely short time frame.

Yes, CS2 even locks some content behind NG+.

>Can't romance girls

Why bother? Honestly?

it did, but not as hard to find or as many.

Tons of worldbuilding. Not enough girls.

Thats good.
The missable quests wherent that bad but the books where pure bullshit since it never hinted about them at all when you actually could find one, and they almost always where
really out of the way from where you actually had to go.

>that blocky ass
Truly pushing the limits of graphical capabilities.

Delays.

Are there any small tips I should know before beginning the first TitS
?

Just roll with whoever you like in your party. Everybody is pretty OP is some way or another.

Thanks

Holding back.

It's the sixth game of an ongoing story.

People holding back a whole lot.

was earth guard as op in FC as it was in SC? dont remember using it in FC

I'm Sorry Master But I Have To Use THAT Just This Once: The Game

There is a spoiler free guide that teaches you how to get 100% achievements on steam with only one run. Also look how to use the turbo mode as it saves you a lot of time while playing.

Yes, I think earth wall costs a lot more in SC.

It´s a really comfy game up until the final chapter with a world filled with detail, characters are interesting including the npc´s. The game is filled with anime troupes like the school setting but handles it really good without falling in the incredible generic anime story. It ends on a cliffhanger but the sequel is out on PC now so no problem. Enjoy.

The sequel also ends in a cliffhanger though. Shit, same with the third.

It's basically mandatory on Nightmare all throughout FC, SC and 3rd.

If the story is so slow to progress and everything ends on a cliffhanger, why does the story get so much praise in these games?

That sounds like shit pacing.

At this point you kinda expect a Trails game to end in a cliffhanger.

Because Trails in the Sky and Zero/Ao have great stories. Same with CS3 really too.

Because the story is really good, they are as long as a book and you start to care for the characters as you watch them outside from story events. It´s something you don´t find in other games, although yeah Falcom is really bad at looking how long a game story can be. I still enjoy them.

The journey is entertaining. The pacing in the first one is hellishly slow. The second one is where things get cuhrayzee. It keeps ending in a cliffhanger because these arcs are often trilogies, that is until CS3 where they had to split it up into two parts.

I have a sinking suspicion that Cold Steel arc has the highest number of sales to date and the devs want to milk their audience as much as they can get away with.

Cold Steel probably has the highest sales because playing previous games is not required and the characters have a better mass appeal to your average weaboo.

You think we will get games taking place in Calvard?

Yes, with isekai protagonist.

The games are at least good enough that I bought my first and only nendos.

>tfw not much time for vidya
>want to get into TitS since everyone loves it
>it's 8 gorillion hours long with most of it being world building
Suffering

Will the garlic fart man rape those 2 little girls with his fat italian cock?

>bestelle
great taste

Just put on the easiest difficulty and play at your own pace. The story is good and the world building is icing on the cake. I was very put off at the beginning because it takes very long until the story in Trails in the sky first chapter really starts going.

In other words
>force yourself to play through something you don't enjoy because a bunch of neckbeards from Cred Forums told me to

NOBLES REEEEEEEEEEEEEE he gets better eventually but he starts out insufferable

Why does the guy on the left look like a bitch compared to the rest?

He's the original Cold Steel ™ the hedgehog.

Why does Joshua here looks fine, but in Evo and Zero he looks like shit?

He's a beta male dominated by an alpha tomboy.

Is he as insufferable?

I was like you once, I even dropped TitS at some point. But once you get into the good stuff later in the game you won´t stop. Play on easy atleast so you don´t suffer with the combat.

He gets redeemed.

The Trails in the Sky cast on average is less insufferable.

He suffered some stuff but overcomes it later in the games. They used his edgiest art for that stand.

Calvard when?

Just two or three more Erebonia games depending on whether they need to split Cold Steel IV into two games.

His design is from an older era of JRPG character design, even his girlfriend beside him is a newer design. That is also a pretty unflattering picture of his design.

>Cred Forums.orb

im going to play cold steel and ignore the earlier stuff!

Is it blasphemy to start a first playthrough of TitS with the japanese Evo voice mod?

Also is the DirectX 9 mode the preferred way to play? I don't know how it impacts this particular game.

Play it the way you want to play. I didn´t use it.

Using japanese Va is pretty much pointless since only VA in the game is in combat.
And the Va isnt horrible enough to even bother changing.

I have no idea whether the Japanese voices are good or not for Sky, but stay away from anything that changes the openings/avatars to the EVO version. The EVO avatars lack the personality of the original ones and the EVO cutscenes don't give a shit about spoiling whereas the original is more subtle about it.
The remake is fully voiced in the main story and those voices have been patched into the original game.

>cold steel thread
>skyfags at it again shitting up the thread with their irrelevance
I wish you fuckos would all just kys,

gee I wonder why

I actually like him. His autistic rants about the class system are hilarious.

someone convince me that this isn't dime a dozen weebshit and worth a play. looking for a big fat rpg to sink into

The series is good even if you're not a hardcore weeb.

You're buying her figure, right?

Then you should start with TitS as it's not that much weebshit.

is it better to start with TitS or does it not matter too much?

never mind, thanks

>using random buzzwords
>poor sentence structure

You need to be convinced to improve your grammar.

>check out some of the Evo version
>See Estelle.
Literal fucking heresy.

I'm really not seeing the problem. She more or less looks the same, the design is just updated to be more in line with the current games.

>reduced expressions
>reduced smug
>generic modern artstyle
>potato

Personally I think she looks less detailed and less expressive.

see
Also Emma is the better girl.

Meh, I've seen worse. This is literally some first 1st world problem-tier complaining in relation to vidya. There are children in Africa that only get to play Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts, and here you are complaining about a minute difference in facial expressions.

She looks even worse in the Crossbell games, what the fuck did they do to my smug loli?

You can't? I thought that was the whle draw of the Cold Steel series

smugger than sky evo desu

What kind of fucking books do you read?

when you're approaching perfection and stray further from it, I'm gonna complain

I miss that weird 90s manga look that Sky had going for it. It doesn't translate well into digital coloring, unfortunately.

For those of you who had trouble starting TitS due to the pacing, how do you get yourself through it?

fie being you're waifu.

She gives me a funny Feiling.

>Feiling
>not Fieling
one job

Fuck.
That's what I get for not paying attention.

The glasses ruin her but it gives a hidden beauty aspect.

>Cred Forums.orb
Gave me a smile

I'm wondering how relationships carry over from the first game, and into the third and so on. This is all connected to a larger story right? If Rean & co shows up in later installments how will his relationships be handled? Do you think there will be a canon waifu in later arcs?

god damn she turns fucking hot in 3

It took me months to get through the prologue and chapter one (of the first game), but after that I was hooked and played through the rest of the game in a week. What kept me coming back was all the praise it got from the fans and I am a sucker for long running stories (Eight games now) so I stuck with it.

Relationships don't carry over (if you can even call them relationships). if you have maxed links with anyone, you get a minor bit of different dialogue if you carry your save over to the 2nd one and see that person. You can't carry saves over to 3td game at all. Alissa is the canon waifu and the games rub that forcefully in to your face constantly.

BELTS

I don't understand the push for Alissa. She's okay but i think she's the most boring of all the girls.

>Can't romance girls
Aaaand my hype is over.
Not buying this then. I just want some waifu action in jrpg style.

Good riddance.

Giant mechs out of fucking nowhere.

Alright, with the knowledge of CS3 and with everyone replaying CS1 + 2, has anyone found ANYTHING to implicate George except for him being fat? Even Alisa's Dad has some foreshadowing with the Zemurian Ore watch storyline, but I haven't seen a single suspicious thing for George.

She won some popularity poll in Nip land, and apparently natural blonde is sought after over there

Peter-mater though.

You get some minor romance elements, but it is nothing like for example persona. Plus, you know, the whole "hey it's Alisa! You like Alisa right? Look at Alisa! She's the only girl you want... Right?"

George knowing his mechanics a little too well? Also knowing how to operate on Zemurian Ore when previously that was restricted to someone like Celeste in the 3rd.

So I I think I found a JP voice pack for CS2, but I'm not sure if I want to actually use it when I get to that game. I usually go full JP voices for things, but the English cast has grown on me a bit.

Well at least her tsundere act ended quickly, she's just so boring like most of the characters in Sen.

Yeah... The characters suck major ass. Puts me off trying Tokyo Xanadu, because it looks very similar.

You might want to use hack to unlock NG+ content then.

Honestly now knowing the fact we're getting yet another Sen game is putting me off this series. Tempted to just skip 3 and 4, get a summary of what happened and just wait for whatever comes next.

Honestly, I prefer subtle, but throughout romance than Persona style where it's pulled out of an ass with literally 2 scenes for it.
Also, Alissa seems like the best girl anyway for me, so I kinda dig it. Thanks.

Eh, fair enough. Enjoy.

Pretty much only games with multiple romancable characters that actually feels like it goes somewhere and not just end when its maxed is Harvest moon and Rune factory.
Thats why I prefer fixed romances in rpgs because they actually get fleshed out.

Teens killing god

Doesn't the romance end in HM when you get married?

>Currently playing RF4 and still can't trigger an event for Margaret

There's NG+ content in 2?

>Rune factory
Really? I have it in my 3ds backlog. I always thought that the romance part there is more like a grind. Never played any Rune Factory game before tho.

Except you don't.

>Doesn't the romance end in HM when you get married?
So just like in real life then

Have you tried save scumming it? I got sick of waiting for the Xiao Pai event to trigger and saved scum until I got it.

If only you knew.

Sure they are a grind but at least there are after marriage random scenes to not make them just a object in your house that you send out for slave larbor.

I'll try it later then. Thanks

No. Maybe when I am desperate enough.

Yea and it's pretty important.

user doesn't know what he's talking about, me and my wife are doing great

animne

>have only played first TITS game
>It was an ok game, but I dropped it like 30 hours in for some reason (may be switched for something else that came out)
>Steel looks nice

I heard there are huge cliffhangers there and you kinda need to finish previous games.
Should I just start playing first 2 CS games and not care much about anything?
I already bought all of them in steam on sale

which Fie was best Fie

wonder what she'll look like in sen 4

Sure, you will only be spoiled about one of the major character's true identity, but overall it's fine.

Will she get molested by Shirley in Sen 4?

I would be spoiled of his identity how? If I play previous games later?

Yep, just play them. Don't listen to TiTS supremacist. Those games are shit and drive these idiots by nostalgia.

>wonder what she'll look like in sen 4
She'll fight in underwear.

I mean, I don't recommend it but that's doable I guess. The first CS game won't be a problem but having knowledge of TitS is much more important in the second when they start name dropping like crazy and even more so in the third.

Yeah, thats what I mainly thought. But the biggest part of the doubt is if I should just wait for inevitable 3 and 4 games coming out to steam in 2077

Is this series similar to Persona? I have one of the Trails games on the Vita, though I can't remember which one. Can anyone comment on the gameplay, story, music?

If you play Cs now you will be spoiled, but if you're not coming back to TitS it's okay.

Thats fine then, thanks

haven't played cs2 yet but i'd agree that its not necessary in 1 to have played sky, theres a couple minor things towards the end that would have more context but thats about it

We still didn't get any confirmation about 3rd game getting localisation, so it's not even about it getting ported to PC.

not really, they obviously took a bit from persona to help sell the cold steel series but they aren't similar

I always thought that if main character doesn't understand some names thrown here and there then it doesn't really matters THAT much.

CS used the high-school+links from persona but the rest is different.
Turn-based easily broken gameplay. It can be fun I guess but it's not really the main draw
Story is mostly good.
Excellent music.

>2017
user I...

This is Trails, a series where the lore from an obscure, NG+ only side quest from one game becomes a focal point in its sequel's plot. Falcom are nuts.

Thats 1 thing I hate about a lot of jrpgs.
Forced multiple playtroughs.
Feels stupid to have to replay an entire game and do everything the same just to do 1 or 2 things extra because shit didnt exist in NG.
Hated it in Mana Khemia also since the game became a complete curbstomp in ng+ and there where no option to not carry over leves.

Literally the only way I can see someone preferring CS over Sky is if they desperately need a bland boring male to self insert to who is surrounded by cute girls who want his dick. Sky does EVERYTHING CS does but better, except arguably combat, and even then CS dumbed it down a sad amount.

If you want a great story and great characters, play Sky. If you want a videogame version of your isekai light novel anime adaptations, play Cold Steel, and know that you have absolutely fucking shit taste.

>The generic anime style of the time VS the generic anime style of today

Gee what happened

When Joshua finally reappears, I swear to god he better have his original Sky look and not that stupid shitty looking purple-haired EVO/Ao look.

George is somehow experienced enough to make you Zemurian Ore weapons in CS1.

To be honest all male characters have same face in Sen, hair might be a problem though.

Meh, I still have some things I've missed this run, so NG+ isn't going to be too boring.
Like missed some students, didn't kill those supermonsters that appear out of nowhere, didn't bother fishing too much or collecting stuff (cooking etc.), only got one zemurian weapon.

>the expressive caring style of the time vs the simple moe style of today

There's a guy in crossbell who does the same without any twists so technically you could still handwave it as george just being a genius mechanic.

We all know that Falcom was going to do Lloyd x Elie and Rean x Alisa anyway, don't try to fight it.

>What am I in for?
Watch the Damn Fairy Tale until it has finished

>being a passive boring shitter
>not struggling to change fate
user pls

>Changing fate
I think the other girls are better off with different men than the protags anyway.

To be honest I think Rean has more chemistry and interactions with the cat than actual girls but settling for the usual blonde harembowl winner rubs me wrong. Besides Millium aside when were the other girls allowed to even talk enough to other men for a potential ship to exist?

He's not 'edgy' at all, he's mostly soft spoken and hardly confrontational even when he went 'solo' (he actually works with different party even then)

Doesnt look like a PS4 game, to be honest

that was one weird thing about cs, a theme throughout is how everyone in class 7 needs to learn to get along and work together yet the boys and girls almost never interact unless rean is there

it never was... it was made for handheld, ported

>PS4 game
That's because it's not. It's a vita game that also released on ps3

Oh. But still, summon knight on Vita looks way better.

Who gives a fuck? Graphicsfags don't belong in trails threads

That's the problem when you're trying to rope in this self-insert/waifu audience: You take a misstep even once with the girls and they'll scorn you forever. All the girls belong to the MC and no one else.

>non-mc boys interacting with mc's waifus
It's like you've never met falcom's current target audience or seen what happened to the only girl who spent most of her time in cs3 with another guy.

Just like how sky fags don't belong in cold steel threads yet here you are.

>tfw if Sky was made today Joshua would be the main protagonist, he would never have loved Estelle and the entire dark/light motif between them would be destroyed
>You'd be able to choose between Schera, Estelle, Kloe, and Tita as waifus
>Agate would never have interacted with Tita
>Olivier would never have interacted with Schera
>Joshua would be a huge faggot who never showed interest in any girl and got frightened when any girl made an advance on him
>No "No. Never"

Dodged a bullet.

At least you could've romanced Renne

They fucking murdered Zane.

What are the chances of us getting at least 1 bonding event with her in CS4?

Also Estelle would be blonde, tsundere, and have huge breasts.

I like the new art, more clean

What happened to Kevin though?

I like today's cutesy artstyle but I kinda miss proper shading.

He ate too much of Ries' bread.

The nobles only ended up proving his points, honestly.

I don't think a single one could satisfy me

Machias was one of the few things I enjoyed about CS along with Jusis. They both have nice character arcs. Also, I don't think people give Machias' dub voice actor enough credit. That dude fucking nails it.

Machias has a waifu outside of the main cast so he's covered.

Probably because it was a PS3 and Vita game. If you want the game that actually was built with the PS4 hardware in mind, look no further than CS3.

I'm going to start with Cold Steel and skip Sky entirely.

Literally who? And don't say the dead one or that asshole bully girl.

He became prime fujobait

That's the Ao/Celceta artist. Enami was busy with other stuff so he didn't do most of the art for that game.

I bet she smells the nicest.

Do you even know what that word means?

The newer style might look more "nice" and more "clean" but that doesn't really matter when it loses every bit of charm it had.

Machias rightfully gets a lot of shit for his introductory personality, but that's always the only thing people remember about him.

>Willingly missing out on Olivier's three games worth of character building
Your loss.

>. If you want the game that actually was built with the PS4 hardware in mind, look no further than CS3.

Not really user...it still holds onto the old engine and looks like a PSP game.

Fuck off fujoshit

That's just your retarded brain telling you that.

That's just your shit taste telling you to tell me that.

>ao art
>kevin spends ao with ries to the point where people make married jokes
>fujo
Kill yourself retard

What else is there to remember? He doesn't really do anything in the other games and is mostly irrelevant

I don't give a shit. Kill yourself retard. All you non cold steel vermin need to fuck off back /vg/.

And here we have your average cold steel fan.

So you want fujos to stay then? Because last time I checked cs is the arc that baits them with the usual mecha homolust.

I wonder what happened to Agate when his scar switched places on his face . :V

They changed artists, and I agree he looks worse in Zero and Ao.

Speaking of Ao, release when?

That's three entire fucking games for something I don't care about.

>This scene

Consider suicide.

>all these poor little fiefags

>All these scenes of reuniting with Class 7 in CS2

Alright I mean I know they're good friends and all but jesus fucking christ I expect them to start making out at any moment, even the guys. Just give a nice pat on the back and say "I'm glad you're alright man" for god's sake.

>Same thing happens all over again in CS3

I wish I could think this about the rest of Class VII with each other, aside from just towards Rean.

They're just overcompensating for the sake of the players who never had friends.

>gets tipsy and starts thinking about crow
Rean still has a long way to go.

Sorry, I can't justify spending over 200 hours of my life on world and character building.

>Reunite with Machias
>Rean sounds like he's gonna cry
>Hugs Machias tightly
>"I missed you."
>"I missed you too, Rean."

ColdSteel was a mistake.

Her father is sorta kinda alive again, so she might look less like a slut in the next game.

Why is she so sexual?

>tribal tatoo
ruined

Not enough femjaegers around she could molest

CS3 is great

>Girl molests other girl
>Everyone is happy/laughs it off

One of my most hated tropes.

Just started this. Wanna fug Instructor Sara.

Molesting is fun.

Sexual harassment as a joke is one of falom's favourite trope.

this

Especially in cramped spaces.

this is what you're in for

PART 1
>welcome to high school
>here are all the classes you'll be taken, and your teachers
>your home room teacher is a recent college grad who is 8yrs older than you, and will likely snap chat her pussy to you before the semester is over
>we offer activities, clubs, and sports
>you have to learn and conduct field studies since you're training to be officers in the military
PART 2
>welcome to the real world, where politics and ideologies effect everything
>commoners, know your place
>nobles, remember your place
>liberalism is creating social justice and destroying our conservative nobility
>welcome to america
PART 3
>ISIS
>COUP
>ANTIFA
>MAGA
>pick a side
PART 4
>"you know nothing jon snow"
>press [~], insert console command: allyourbasearebelongtous, press [enter]
>queue gundam music
>THIS HAND OF MINE GLOWS WITH AN AWESOME POWER. IT'S BURNING GRIP TELLS ME TO DEFEAT YOU. TAKE THIS!!! MY LOVE !!!! MY ANGER !!!! AND ALL MY SORROW!!!!!

l-lewd..

Can I get this kind of summary for TitS?

Second this

>spot the people who didn't play the game

>the shit in part 3

nice lie

I played this on PS3 but lost interest at the point where you had to rescue Irina Reinford but I feel I should pick it up again. How far along was I? And does the story pick up more? After the first game I was hoping for things to pick up but all I'd been doing was retracing my steps and picking up classmates.

Shit goes wrong
Fix it.

Trails isn't for retards like you, go play Mario

Are you a fucking Sherlock Holmes? Of course we didn't

Calm down user. I played the three TitS games and Cold Steel, I'm pretty sure I quite like the series. I just dropped Cold Steel 2 because I got burned out for a bit. Merely asking how far into the game I was and whether the plot would thicken like it did around this time in the TitS games.

Except Tita

CS1-2 are like an extended padded as fuck prologue that mostly delivers in the end and in CS3 and even CS3 still needs another game to fully tell the story. You need to be a special kind of autist to enjoy this arc. Just look at some of the people in this thread.

delet

Sorry, should have said the scripts are somewhat as long as a book. They are longer than a lot of VN´s.

>turns

FC
>welcome to being a witche- i mean bracer
>go fix everyone's dumb daily problems while climbing those towers
>i wonder who that dude who keeps following you is
>oh shit a coup
>oh shit robots
>where the fuck were you dad
>yoshua pls dun go

SC
>where's yoshua
>lets get the band back together
>welcome back yoshua
>lets kill ouroboros
>we need to climb towers again
>oh shit ancient civilization
>fuck you weissman
>salt

Thanks. I figured CS2 would still be a slow burner, even though it's still as enjoyable as the others. When I saw they were doing a fourth one in the CS series I should've known.

>>oh shit a coup
>>oh shit robots
>>where the fuck were you dad
>>yoshua pls dun go

Damn, I wanted that summary to skip and not play the game, but I'm genuinely curious now.

what's the website in your picture?

It takes like 25 hours for the plot to really kick off but after that I was hooked on the whole series. Would recommend at least checking it out.

I mean, to be fair, the last time he saw any of them, they were facing a giant killer robot piloted by a fucking terrorist

You'd be relieved to see your friends alive after that

Too bad I dropped it there

Sen 2 Fie with Sen 3 hair

really if FC just had lorence show up sooner then people would keep playing through ruan and you wouldn't have people quitting at 20 hours.

How many years have passed in-game between CS2 and CS3?

1 and a halfish.

There's going to be a 10-year timeskip between CS4 and the beginning of the Calvard arc, cap this

It's never too late to pick it up again.

I doubt I would be able to sit through that again

Oh, I thought like five years going by the character designs. Everyone looks in their mid 20's.

You can do it. I had 33 hours when I dropped it and I picked it up again only to find probably one of if not my favorite jrpg series. You can always skip optional quests to go faster.

Yeah, but ao/zero are not even localized and cold steel 3-4 will (~if~) come in fucking 2037

enough excuses. CS3 will be out in 2019. If you can't hack it then just move along to some other thread for a game you can handle.

God no, I think she's okay for the "canon implied love interest" thing that Falcom always does, but she's a boring character and I don't like swimsuit figures.

OH SHIT!!!!

Zero is getting a good translation this year or the next one by geofront. Ao is about to get also a translation in a few days. By the time you finish the 3rd TitS you are gonna be able to play Zero.

Play the fantranslations and then learn moon.

the leaked zero patch is already out and it's completely playable. ao will be out if not this then next month.

That just means you have a lot of sare time to play one game, take a break and play something different, then play the next one.

Considering how much japanese shit I consume I really need to learn moon. But I think it will take me a lot of time

How are Ao and Zero games compared to others?

kiseki is pretty difficult from a kanji perspective, i.e. how many complicated words they throw around (and a lot of modern day terminology as well) but thankfully on the grammar side it's pretty simple.

A lot of people think that they are the peak of trails gameplay and story-wise. Combat is very similar to CS but not as simplified.

Among the best in the series. Especially Ao.

Kiseki is pretty difficult but it shouldn't take that long to get to a decent level if it's just for regular anime/games. There's lots of resource out there to help you. You can start with djtguide.neocities.org if you ever decide it.

Zero is on the same level as FC, Ao is on the same level as SC. Cold Steel 3 is on the level of Ao and SC as well. CS4 may be the best in the series.

Should I buy this or Tokyo Xanadu?

Cold Steel obviously.. Tokyo Xanadu is just a cheap cashgrab ripoff.

>climbing some castle, no probs
>oh hey tis mcburn
>battle going well, bots dead, dude almost dead, party full hp and spread out
>lel no u
>oneshots your party
I just love when they do this

You should buy both but CS first.

Is there a reason that EVERY character needs to have an AOE S-Craft and half the character have a Craft with delay? Kind of makes the characters feel samey.

s-crafts are supposed to be special attacks, if everyone didn't have AoE then the ones without AoEs would never be used becasue they would be clearly inferior.

There's a few hiccups but over all they're great games both on their own and compared to sky/sen.

cs1-2 are pretty slow so they're not for instant gratification especially since you'll probably have to wait a couple years for localized cs3-4 where all the meat is. CSfags and xseedfags always shit on Tokyo Xanadu but it's great if you want simple pure fun. It has a sequel hook but it's still self-contained and doesn't take itself too seriously. They don't drag out situations, the cast is smaller, really likeable and they all get some focus.

So people can use their favourites without sacrificing much.

CS3 Estelle reveal when?

I can't handle the wait

perfection

Xanadu is trash. No way should you choose it over trails.

Falcom is trashy as a whole desu.

Exactly why people should avoid xanadu

It's the falcom formula but much worse

The middle image is literally "i'm kawaii uguu" dumb nostalgiafag.

t.csfag

What are waiting for?

Because when they had variety in S-Craft ranges, then characters like Estelle were considered to be outright inferior because she couldn't nuke as well with hers.

There is literally no point in playing xanadu. It has worse writing than trails and worse gameplay than Ys. You might as well just play either of those two instead.

see

>no point
It's called fun.

Trails gameplay is turn based and boring. Ys doesn't have the same amount and detail to npcs and sidestuff as trails. With TX you can have both and there's no big cliffhangers so it's a great game to relax and play in between or while waiting for the other series.

>game baits you with vivi in a bikini
>doesn't deliver
REEEEEEEEEEEE

expect head pats

Oh I see.

Well, I've been seeing that image of Renne around, and it's pretty much a law of nature that she can't make an appearance without Estelle showing up somewhere nearby as well, right?

But if she does show up now, she'd have gained quite a few years and I'd really want to see that reflected in her design. There are many directions you could go with that, but I'd just like to see a clear direction.

Character development is my fetish.

He gets a taste of his own medicine in 2.

>i-it's not like I want you to touch me or anything baka

If they dare to remove her twintails, Falcom's office is gonna get some unwelcome visitors

>she'd have gained quite a few years
not really? We last saw her in Ao, and Cold Steel 2 took place during Ao's final chapter. It's probably been less than 2 years game time since we saw Estelle in a game.

She's going to let her down and you know it.

>about to go swimming
>emma is still wearing her glasses

Well it is a port of a Vita game

More worried about Joshua than Estelle. I hope they don't use that shitty EVO/Ao design.

*her hair

Oh, really? Could've sworn it was longer than that. But then, I don't speak Japanese so for me it WILL be a lot longer.

But it's still way to early for her to enter her final form and become the ultimate mom.

I downloaded the cs1 save to import into cs2.
Who should I go for fie or laura?

Literally doesn't matter

Okay, should I use a ng+ save for cs2 I saw someone say a quest line is locked on regular new game?

Nihon Falcom is a small studio

You should if you're not planning on playing it twice or don't feel like watching the quest on youtube.

wasn't wario german

Let's settle for a ponytail then.

Laura if you want to save yourself some future heartache

I suppose it may work. I'm always open for a little experimentation.

twintails only

>Rean is canonically stronger than every other Trails protag

Skyfags and Crossbellfags are SEETHING.

Power is no good if you can't control it.

he's shit

Kevin with his Merkabah boosted stigma would BTFO Rean

Anyone got that tier list for CS2?

Why do CSfags just assume Estelle and Joshua have been sitting on their asses the past years? It's highly implied they're hunting Ouroboros, meaning they're probably up against strong opponents all the time. Who knows how strong they are now.

CSfags don't assume shit

>Estelle
>Anything of consequence
Joshua will be competitive with the big boys but Estelle will still only be stronger than Lloyd out of the protags.

Who the FUCK do I take to Nord boys.

ur mom

Be a contrarian and take Toval

I love Toval but I JUST got Claire.

>What am I in for?
the closest thing to pure mediocrity you can experience in video-game form

Claire is a terrible person.

Exactly why you take Toval. Because nobody takes Toval there for that exact reason. Now stop bitching and bring fast arts guy along.

>just get crow in my party
>he's way cooler than rean
why does he have to be a terrorist?

It's part of his charm.

>CSfags
How is this even a thing? How can there be trails tribes/camps? It's literally all one continuing series.

If you can't see the difference in quality between the writing in FC/SC/3rd compared to the three Cold Steel games out, I can't help you.

contrarian hipster faggots, that's how

>all games are the same
>all people have the same taste

>tfw the best bonding event didn't require bonding points

>Bonding points
The biggest example of Falcom completely misunderstanding why people love the Trails series in the first place. Cold Steel was a mistake.

>think he's just some mech
>he's a bro
>possibility of Valimar dying especially after Ao

>why people
what people? You people? Speak for yourself, dickwad

It's partly because the games are split among a bunch of platforms so newfags who can only be bothered to play whatever's on ps3/4 convince themselves that they won't miss out on anything by not playing the older games.

There's a tiny, but loud minority that insists their opinion is the only acceptable opinion and that every trails fan on earth agrees with them.

>possibility
I'd say it 's definite after cs3.

CS2 having chest messages was a nice surprise.

Nice strawman, faggot. Unfortunately for you, we played every game you did (maybe even more). Chances are you never played crossbell if you think Cold Steel is some kind of radical departure from the series, in which case it is YOU who is the newfag who doesn't understand Trails.

>jusis and machias
Does anyone still ship these two? They barely got any bait after their contrived rivalry and Jusis spends cs3 with Millium which is great cause they're adorable together.

>sky-only shitters
Not even once

>Unfortunately for you, we played every game you did (maybe even more).
considering the amount of psp/vitafags who were mad that 3rd wouldn't be releasing on their platform i doubt it.

>psp/vitafags who were mad that 3rd wouldn't be releasing on their platform
What the fuck does this have to do with anything, you idiot? People who like cold steel aren't exclusively vitashitters you stupid piece of human garbage

You forgot to ask them to TAKE RESPONSIBILITY.

Fie is pretty cute

you console plebs are all the same.

I really love this track but i feel like they used it too much, if that makes any sense.
youtube.com/watch?v=f88tfiEAvXg

>mfw they remixed fateful confrontation
>but not really
youtube.com/watch?v=_VjA3y87qMg
Still good though.

>bringing a horse into battle
why is jewsis so dumb

took me a bit to notice that this was "The final choice" from the 3rd.

of course i forgot the link
youtube.com/watch?v=WHf7MUSiES4

Wasn't bonding points introduced in Ao?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU CAN'T DO THIS IT'S NOT ALLOWED!!!

IT'S OKAY WHEN CROSSBELL DOES IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111

Zero had a final bonding event too but honestly i don't remember if it had a point system.

It did.

They were more of a hidden mechanic

>doing ok so far on AP
>get A instead of S
>apparently missed a hidden quest & 4 AP involving some merchant before going through the duct

That's what you get for being gay

>doing ok so far on AP
>apparently missed a hidden quest & 4 AP involving some merchant before going through the duct
Thats literally the first opportunity you have to miss something, use a side quest guide if you care about max AP dumby

Looking for a good cast of characters. Should I play Trails in the Sky or Tales of Berseria?

You should play both. I'd play Berseria first as its much less of a time investment.

how long to beat dot com

Both have a good cast. Sky starts slow though and a couple characters need the full trilogy to shine so I agree on starting with Berseria.

>Getting mad when people call Estelle weak
Estelle was never the smartest or the strongest person, what she had was the personality to get people that would ordinarily never have anything to do with each other to work as a team.

More like you need all three games before you Kloe and Tita start having characters.

Trails in the Sky

Estelle is a GENIUS

Berseria is shorter as it is just one game, party members are cool. But, the cast of Berseria is almost nothing compared with the cast on TitS.
But that´s just my opinion, you should try them both.

Sky has my favorite cast of characters in a videogame. They're all so lovable. All these characters you see in this picture, I love them.

gay

i hate the combat in modern Tales games but other than that Berseria had a pretty good cast compared to most Tales games. Trails in on a whole another level though.

cute

>Ao is about to get also a translation in a few days

Is this true? Cause if it is I'll start regretting playing Ao with a guide last summer.

It was going to be released on Valentines day but got delayed due to bugs and not wanting to overlap with CS2 PC. Should be coming out later this month or next month at the very latest, but it's going to be the unedited version that's probably on par with the leaked Zero patch.

>tfw can't decide between laura and fie
>tfw it doesn't matter because alisa is the only one with any real romance scenes

am I going to get to use this party again this game? should I have grinded sara's link level while I had the chance?

not true, Rean and Laura confess to each other in CS2

what a hack

>don't kiss
it doesn't count user

i just watch some quick gameplay of this game on youtube,why the game and the model animation looks so generic and cluncky?
heck,even square enix psp games are better looking than this...

Because Falcom is not an AAA studio.

>CS2
Doesn't matter CS3 reset the playing field and even has less options.

Yeah lloyd is pretty shit

Lately they are opening some job vacancies, i'm actually exited to see what is their plan ahead.
I heard Go Shiina leave scamco so i wish he also joined

CS2 is the game you're playing now ofc it matters