Guilty Gear Creator Says To Expect The Next Game To Be Less Complicated With Reduced Systems

>siliconera.com/2018/02/16/guilty-gear-creator-says-expect-next-game-less-complicated-reduced-systems/

Huho

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcharts.com/app/520440
steamcharts.com/app/493840
youtube.com/watch?v=WDtjsummWeY
wiki.shoryuken.com/Ultra_Street_Fighter_IV/Game_Systems
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Series doesn't seel that well anymore
>Let's dumb it down to appeal to the casual audience instead of coming up with something new!

Weeeell, there's Guilty Gear 2..

I want Baiken to give me a nursing handjob!

We can blame DBFZ for this, right?

DBFZ is ARCsys' most successful fighting game to date. Why would they want to continue making games complicated when they can attract casuals and die-hard ARC fanboys?

Nigga, i am going to be honest.
Most of the new added mechanics in gg were boring or annoying as fuck and it really would like to see some of them gone. Shit like slow downs on RC and blitz shield are awful. Some times less can be more.

Or they could simply create a new franchise to appeal a little bit more to the west. You don't need all your games to be anime fighters and some times branching out could be a good thing.

Also this.

That's not surprising Daisuke said he felt GG was too complex before.

Good. Bring that shit back to it's roots instead of always slapping on more shitty meters and character specific nonsense.

He his not wrong.

GG has so many character specific shit that every match feels more like a gamble, especially when you are in a lobby with people using multiple characters. It took me forever to discover that Answer's dash move was only punishable if i insta blocked it and if i used the Potenkim's grab.

DBFZ didn't sell because it was simple. It sold because it was a pretty DBZ game

that's true. then people just straight up dropped the game.

Those are not mechanics. That's just you having trouble learning characters.
I imagine he is talking about stuff like RISC, Hellfire, Danger Time, Jump Install, 3 RCs, etc.

I guess there are some things I can live without (danger time, increased guts in hell fire mode, blitz charge, etc.), but I hope they don't change the things that make the game challenging but fun (instant blocking, unique character weight and wakeup time, etc.)

Since they said only mechanics will be removed, at least the execution barrier won't be touched so people can't just join and mash auto combos like on dbfz.

>blitz charge
oh god no. They'd have to tweak a lot of moves if they want to remove that.

but blitz charge was just added and nothing was really tweaked for it to be introduced?

Bedman was added

This. A good fighting game doesn't need to be bogged down with a ton of unnecessary systems and shit. GG has an amazing roster and the fighting feels great but the barrier to entry is awfully high.

More complex isn't always better. There's a balance to be struck and I think GG had gone a bit too far in one direction.

Saying that doesn't really mean much since they make Blazblue and GG which have meters for health, powers, character specific powers, and penis rigidity. The real reason they are saying it is because they are the devs for KI4

they almost made characters being able to cancel moves into blitz shield in one of their tests. thanksfully players disliked it.

Chacraters specifics are influential part of the game and any other mechanics and having so many characters with so many specific stuff makes it difficult for people to learn or even play other characters.

New characters and mechanics were added that make blitz extremely useful. It's not even a hard to understand mechanic, but one that a lot of people forget it exists, and they shouldn't

>they are the devs for KI4
i really hope this is not true.

Why not?

you're just thinking of blitz. charge was added later on in revelator.

>Chacraters specifics are influential part of the game
But knowing how to punish someone is not a "specific". Of course every character is going to have their own strings, blockstrings, frametraps, etc. That's what makes them different.

I just want more of this

we will never get more of that because she's replaced with a woman that was a human and then a robot and then a human again Just like we will never get more Bedman.

Bedgirl will be effectively the same as Bedman anyway.

they added so much unless shit on Xrd that veterans don't like the game and play just to get their Gg fix and look at the girls' butt.
Ishiwatari is an ass man I tell you

Is he though?

baiken obviously has a big ass. she really thicc now. look at her thighs

>long awaited Rev2 patch
>Baiken still trash
>Pot still trash
>Answer nerfed
>Johnny is buffed

Why not? There's so much shit I don't remember I'd have to go back and look up guides just to play again.

I love GG 2 and it's sad there's nothing else like it

Answer wasn't outright nerfed, his normals were just nerfed, his specials are buffed. He's still inconsistent and has horrible meter gain, but he wasn't outright nerfed.

>remove YRC
>remove RC slowdown
>remove Danger Time
>remove Dead Angle
>remove Blitz Charge
Here you go, Xrd became instantly better.

The only ones of those I'd want removed is DT and RC slowdown.

why do devs make fighting games
no one plays them
everyone of them flops

They have a lot of casual appeal and tend to do fairly well in sales.

It's just that 99% of the community leaves after the first month.

About 90% of them leave just because they're not that into fighting games. The other 9% leave because they'd rather play a different fighting game.

The next Guilty Gear will have a timeskip.

Ram will get big tits and marry Sin
Aria will get big tits and when she wears the mask Jack-o returns
Bridget is back and the same except he has a massive bulge
May is exactly the same
Jams torperdos become even bigger and she until it reaches the point where she has Raita proportions
Millia replaces her dumb outfit with hairclothes like Bayonetta
Baikens tits won't stop growing and now she can't fight anymore because of them
Kum grows big enough that she can fight without the robot
Elphelt shot herself in the head when Sol chose Aria over her
Bedgirl will be completely naked and only covered by the straps that tie her down to the bed she also has the same tattoos as her brother

How about making a non weeb game?

>Elphelt shot herself in the head when Sol chose Aria over her
Explain this meme.

You mean like GG was before Xrd?

Do you realize this is thanks to DBZF incredible and overwhelming success, right?

Serves you right for putting graphics over gameplay. Next time, pick up the game with better gameplay.

Was there any additional story mode with rev2?

Yes.

I'll still be bad at it.

BEGONE CAPCOM SHILL

I want adult bara Bridget.

Baiken is the fucking best.

>Baikens tits won't stop growing and now she can't fight anymore because of them

Baiken can still kick ass, no matter big her tits get.

>remove DA
>posts pic of millia

the ironing

She can just start fighting using her tits instead of katana.

eat shit lol

Don't play fighting games if you don't want to have to learn anything

DA is fine
RC slowdown is aids
danger time is aids
blitz is ok, I'd like to see a few changes though
I'm kinda ok with YRC too as long as the slowdown is gone

If they removed the slowdown and DT I'd consider playing the game competitively again

Why is she so cool?

You've clearly never played any of the old GG games, they have some idiotic stuff

What did Sharon said about 2.1 Baiken? Is she finally playable now?

>they added so much unless shit on Xrd that veterans don't like the game and play just to get their Gg fix
But they removed things from +R... You'd know that if you actually played the games

>Bedgirl will be completely naked and only covered by the straps that tie her down

I like Danger Time though.

Sharon's 2.1 Baiken looks like a man in a hat and sunglasses

Danger Time is actually rather harmless. It doesn't occur very ofter I wonder why people act like it's the worst thing ever. YRC eating inputs or RC slowdown fucking with neutral are much more annoying in my opinion.

It's a fun mechanic but it hurts the game competitively. Depends on what perspective you look at fighting games from.

Damn. Sad to hear then. I really hate how they handle Xrd balance.

It’s cool to see it happening during tournaments. Suddenly getting a chance for insane damage is pretty tough to balance though, I guess.

Enjoy your nu-gg then

Balance has never really been Arc's primary concern.

Yeah the issue is the balance. The fast characters tend to benefit considerably more for it. DT Sol and Chipp are scary.

yes. they did because Xrd was made to be an simplified Accent Core. DAGA. hellfire, danger Zone, Blitz were added combine that with GUTS that have been around since what? the first X? XX? and the retarded way team RED is dealing with balance in Xrd and the player base is in for a really bad ride

Maybe this will help me get into it. I don't know for sure though. My biggest problems are stuff like the guts system, lack of hold to tech and the roman cancel slowing down the game when the players are at neutral.

Also would be nice if all the characters I liked weren't shit.

because good players can spam it with clashes. especially if he is usng slayer

Nonsense, what the hell are you even talking about.

DO NOT
REMOVE
DEFENSIVE MECHANICS

Defensive mechanics are what help fighting games be more then just mindless rushdown like with Street Fighter V. Guilty Gear has always done a good job at having tons of different ways for a player to get out of pressure. I really hope all this means is removing stuff like Danger Time.

Enjoy you dead game.

They should just copy and paste groove/moon/isms into their game so a person only has to deal with 30% of the mechanics to execute

>Fighter autists have a mass suicide upon hearing this news

>Defensive mechanics are what help fighting games be more then just mindless rushdown like with Street Fighter V

But every game out right now is pretty much mindless rushdown, Xrd included. That's what casuals like.

like with every fighting game, except dbfz us still the most played fighting game on steam.

Do you even know what guts is?

Ok but where is Bridget?

I don't have a problem with the amount of Xrd's mechanics, just with how many of them don't feel fun. +R had a ton of stupid shit but a lot of characters felt more fun to play than their Xrd equivalent. The RC system in Xrd, for example; more lenient inputs was one thing but the very low meter cost and slow down drastically changed the feeling and pace of gameplay for the worse in my opinion. AC in all it's incarnations never had that pacing issue, or the issue of RCs eating inputs due to slowdown.

Turns out the only thing a typical scarred samurai straight from a Kurosawa movie needed, was a pair of great tits.

Everybody knows AC was the better game, you don't need to go into detail m8.

Mindless rushdown is what sells.

steamcharts.com/app/520440

Nice game, how is anyone supposed to get into a fighting game without real skillbased matchmaking?

>I-no buffed again
I'll take it.

>Xrd included
While you're not wrong I think the issue is mostly with how the best characters play. A lot of characters in the game still have to consider their opponents defensive options when attacking.

Why hasn't he killed himself yet?

GG matches tend to be fast enough that slightly less defence mechanics wouldnt hurt the flow of the game too much. Casuals don't mind getting destroyed as long as it happens very quickly and they can try again very soon. Thats why aggressive games are fine but infinite combos are not, latter slows the game's pace down to a halt when other one gets his controller taken away for 5-10 seconds while the other player plays a rhythm mini-game.

Yeah pretty much. The defensive characters have been awful for some time and Arc has shown that they have no interest in doing anything to balance shit like Johnny, Elphelt, Raven, etc.

The reason why Guilty gear doesn't sell is because of the retarded flamboyant character design style. As long as they keep using it the general public will never buy it.

>Do you realize this is thanks to DBZF incredible and overwhelming success, right?

That success has more to do with DBFZ being a DB game rather than *just* being simplified/dumbed down.

There are examples of games like Fantasy Strike and Rising Thunder which are built to be very simplified in order to appeal to casuals yet they completely fail at getting that audience.

Casuals just want a good amount of single player content and good graphics.

It's not like anyone got into fighting games before they had matchmaking before.
Take it from me, being able to willingly taking an ass beating from better players at a whim is a privilege.

BASED Daisuke proving Capcom right!

GG's defensive mechanics are what make it so much fun to play. It's a very, very, very active defense that you are forced to play between the differences of normal blocking/instant blocking/FD blocking/blitz/DA/bursts/fundamental high/low/throw options. You've got to stay awake and just as active as when you're the one pushing the offensive. All of that (except maybe blitz) should stay.

The reason why guilty gear isnt selling is that its anime and new players cant get into it. Literally the problem with every fighting game

>I-no will never talk about taking your dick

is there people still playing revelator? I am thinking of picking it up

>Thats why aggressive games are fine but infinite combos are not, latter slows the game's pace down to a halt when other one gets his controller taken away for 5-10 seconds while the other player plays a rhythm mini-game.
Exactly why I despise BB

And only the top ~10% of people who play the game will ever even think about that depth.
Having a competitive scene is great but it's common sense that they are selling to the 90% before they sell to the 10%.
And recent games have taught us very well that the 10% will keep playing no matter what they do to it.

steamcharts.com/app/493840
NONONONONNONONONONONONO
AHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

It doesn't help that GG only has a competitive scene in Japan.

>Nice game, how is anyone supposed to get into a fighting game without real skillbased matchmaking?

By not being a cowardly bitch hiding behind a keyboard and playing in locals instead.

>Rev 2xd is dead
>BBBBUT LOOK AT THIS SHIT GAME NOBODY CARES ABOUT

That's just not true. Knowing to start FDing at certain points in a route to push the other player out of range or the mindgames of when to DA/Burst out of pressure are things that come up as soon as you break into intermediate level play. Streamlining mechanics is one thing but you shouldn't just start stripping things out for the ultra casual button mashers' sake alone.

>That's just not true
It is, you're misinterpreting the "10%" argument to be something more akin to "almost nobody"
I'm not saying that those mechanics are not worth learning when you are picking up the game to play competitively, I'm saying that 90% don't want to play competitive, have no interest in playing competitively and have no reason to think about those mechanics.

>we want the DBFZ audience

but xrd was already dumbed down

daisuke didn't even specify what he would like gone, would you really miss guts or hellfire?

Its the reason I was disappointed in Skullgirls.

Having those mechanics doesn't hurt the casual sales, since casuals put single player content and roster size above everything else. Which is why games like Mortal Kombat 8 and Injustice did so well, there was a shitload of content outside of online play there. XrDs weird board-game challenge system is a nice try but kinda meh in execution.

It isn't about competitive play, it's about any level of play other than just choosing Stylish mode and hitting buttons without any clue as to what they actually do. GG defensive options are not all that complicated and they all serve a distinct and important purpose that are relevant at every level of play above that of people who wouldn't know about any of the game's mechanics in the first place.

The voices were extremely annoying but other than that I loved the fuck out of that game.

>Love this silly charming character design
>Don't want to wade into the sheer bullshit that is the absurdity behind the character's contrived anime back story
>Don't actively want to play as her because she's the most gimmicky micro-management inspired babysitting slow play style that is low tier anyway

Fucking hell Arc Sys, do something right for once with Guilty Gear.

Holy shit based

It's strange because even though it was extremely dumbed down it's still too hard for most people to play. Hell, boot up REV 2 and go into the tutorial section. There's like 60 different tutorials for all the mechanics.

People play Rev 2, but not Rev 1.

>May is exactly the same

In my experience the thing people complain about the most, at least new players, is the amount of character-specific stuff. You've got two wakeup speeds for every character depending on if they got knocked on their back or their face, and each of those speeds is different for everyone in the roster. Then you've got the different weight classes for each character, and ontop of that a lot of the roster has some jank normals that get fucked by these character differences pretty often. So you end up having to learn several variations of each combo route/blockstring for each situation. That's the point where I've seen a lot of people drop off and stop playing.

But what about I-no? I feel like they made her a lot less sexy with the Xrd artstyle change. She's got to be slim and long again. Give her legs and boots like these.

SF4 had the same kind of shit though, and that had massive casual appeal.

I've always felt like it was the games reliance on system-wide mechanics just to string things like combos together or to move properly. That being said, for GG, I don't think there's anything that can be done about that without massively hurting the experience.

You say that as if they're gonna remove her. They add characters from revision to revision, they don't remove them.

Baiken = Best footpussy
I-no = Best mouthpussy
Dizzy = Best dicknipples

ABA, Robo Ky.

But still, they explained that rev was going back to the start anyway, which is why it was core fighters and a few new faces, and we had to wait for favorites to come back, which is fine in my opinion.
Still waiting on Anji and Zappa though.

Ah, I misread that , you were talking about revisions and not iterations, carry on.

I would be fine with waiting for them if we didn't get 3 fucking valentine clones in the meantime.

xeno casuals did, but not the rest, unlike your dead marvel

>All of that (except maybe blitz) should stay.

Fuck off, how am I supposed to give a chill pill to the guy spamming safe jumps or raven's bullshit then

Could be worse, could be gameplay clones.
The world doesn't need more shotos shoved into everything. I'm glad ArcSys is solid about that.

Not him, but I'd be ok with blitz if the window was smaller.

the problem is not having shit to learn. it is having way too much shit to learn that i need to go out of my way to find out since testing this kind of shit in matches is a pain.

i don't play marvel so you take that arcsys dick out of your mouth.

thnk god this stupid ass ball is getting nerffed.

I just want another Overture

you do realize that before xrd, guilty gear was far more complex right? It got dumbed down ALOT in xrd

The complexity isn't the reason why I'm not buying Arksys.
Fucking retards..

do you mean there is no people at all playing or just a small number like skullgirls?

Everyone had EX moves and the more strict FRC was turned into YRC, was there anything else?

>5ft tall
>Barely 100lbs
BAHAHAHA
BULLY THE TINY GIRL

Why not just make an entire new franchise?

They got the art style right but they just need to make a game with a little bit less anime in it.

Last time I checked there was almost nobody playing it. There's just no reason to when Rev 2 is more or less the same thing but with new characters.

I think he still can get ball oki just fine though?

Xrd has drastically simplified inputs. Go look at what you used to have to do just for I-no's Chemical Love. Also nothing as strict as clean hits.

It's Daisuke's passion project, he'll never let go of it.

just not as easy. however the path didnt launch yet so it might be as cancerous as ever.

OH NONONO

It did for arcades.

than forget it. you can even redesign the entire game to be a one button input and people still wouldn't play it.

besides they just made dbfz so it is doesnt need to be daisuke's team.

oh, them forget it.

But the art style got even more anime with Xrd.

but they could tone down the design of the characters and moves.

That was back when Daisuke designed Baiken after Himura Kenshin... while thinking that Kenshin was a girl. Obviously, when he learned that Kenshin is a guy, he redesigned Baiken a bit in later games.

They'd be better off just going back to XX's style.

>45kg
Don't buy it. Those mammaries must weigh 10kg each.

you just have an autistic way of looking at learning in FGs, no other way to explain it. nobody really gives a fuck about the exact autismo punish for most moves, thats just basic shit that would be in ANY fighting game no matter how dumbed down it is.

ram already has huge tits look at how tight the bindings are and how big they are already

>you just have an autistic way of looking at learning in FGs, no other way to explain it.

everyone who plays these games for long ends up searching this shit up.

I really hope that Anji already banged her (because it will incredibly stupid if he didn't)

The thing with Street Fighter is everyone knows how to do a hadoken and shoryuken. You can pick Ryu and just play casually without having to worry about all the mechanics.

oh alright. Are there new/noob players around playing the upgraded version or just veterans, I dont mind getting destroyed but I would like to also play around with people on my level from time to time

Yeah probably. GG will never have that same mainstream appeal. I don't see the point in dumbing it down further than they already have and alienating what's left of the playerbase.

SF also has a very simplistic way to tell which moves are stronger than others. if some one is watching sf he can clearly see that while in anime games such ass gg everything looks like a clusterfuck.

mostly veteras in both ps4 and steam, therea are a few noobs here and there but for my experience said players quit after a week, especially when they discover you can see how many matches a player has and most people have more than thousand matches.

She needs a bra

There's some new people, of course there's plenty of veterans too, but I consider myself quite bad at the game and I still get a decent amount of matches against people that I can hold my own against.

You need to cram it, four-eyes.

Don't forget that's probably because she lacks an arm. Shit's heavier than you think

thanks anons, buying right now

>using Steam stats for fucking fighters

>Jap fighting game
>full of cool female characters
>Jap anime
>full of cringy female characters

How does this happen?

How about you fix Baiken you faggots

wouldn't say their games are too complex but some things can be changed to retune the system mechanics. Like letting you tech by holding a button instead of mashing and retuning the way you mash to get out of stagger and removing danger time.

Knowing Arcsys they might end up changing things just for the sake of change and make it worse.

>anymore

But it sold better than previous GG games.

to be fair, guilty gear is bloated with mechanics.

It makes sense here because GG has the most players on PC, but he's still a fag.

Dead parents and being disabled is no excuse for going without proper support
And the eyeball.
That's very heavy too.

Guard cancels are never coming back, get over it. It hurts the flow of the game too much. :^)

>Shit's heavier than you think
Her arm would be like 5 pounds you retard

>because GG has the most players on PC,
Source your shit. Fighting games always have more players on console

But she poops from those!

>devs make something new
>wow what the fuck? this isn't a REAL [insert series here] game!

But really

>Series doesn't seel that well anymore
>Let's dumb it down to appeal to the casual audience

What do you expect? You claim you want things but then you don't support them. This type of virtue signaling has become rampant with 'core' gamers lately, especially with the arena shooter crowd. Developers aren't putting up with your shit anymore and you only have yourselves to blame for not getting the games you 'want'.

Brutal Legend, Sacrifice.

Most people abandoned the PS4 version of Xrd when they found out how much better the PC version was in terms of input delay.

PC has a higher player count when you just look at the lobbies, but I'd imagine it's likely they're somewhere close to even now.

Removing shit no one cares about like tension and guts isn't going to hurt the game at all. It doesn't make the game any more fun to play.

Not him but I think It has more players in Europe because of the predominant PC userbase there. But it's more popular on console in Japan and USA.

Robo-Ky is pretty much confirmed at this point.

>Sacrifice
Thanks for reminding me to play that.

inb4 they just simplify jump install.

I swear they made a number of moves not require it in Xrd. I wouldn't be surprised if they got rid of it entirely. I don't mind doing it, but I don't think it would be missed.

My assumption is simplified teching and stagger, similar to what Blazblue has.

>retarded devs think DBFZ sucess is because of how accesible it is and not because its fucking Dragonball

Why are japs so fucking stupid? Are they even aware of how huge DB is in the west?

Zappa and Robo-Ky are probably the next two characters to come in anyway. The only new characters I can think of that have the potential to come in are Ariels and Gabriel. I suppose they could also put in That Man, but they aren't going to do that.

None of the characters in Xrd really need to JI all that much except for Chipp.

I wouldn't be surprised if most people weren't even aware it existed.

They need to introduce more valentines first. Anji and Robo will be in Rev7, please be excited for it.

It shows up in Faust's combo section, which made me realize how inane it is on everyone except chipp.

>bought gg on thursday
>just submitted my 3rd refund request

It saw more use in the old GGs, most characters needed it. I think YRC slowdown killed a lot of the need for it in combos.

Only thing I want to see gone in the next game is Pachi

I'm not sure how reputable it is but there was an image showing PS3/4 vs PC playerbase, I'll try and find it in the archive

This could be good or bad depending on WHAT they remove, but going by trends this probably means gutting everything at which point not even the cult fans will give a fuck anymore. Casual mechanics aren't what bring in more players, dumbing it down to an unrecognizable mess will only kill the little appeal it had in the first place.

Found it. This includes everyone playing offline on PC as well though, so it's probably only slightly ahead.

This is what I'm worried about. They might end up removing characters core mechanics just because that will make casuals like it more. But in reality it's actually the opposite. The casual would be entertained for longer if it had more moves to play with.

>getting rid of the basic super meter isn't going to hurt at all

Mixed up tension with RISC.

I'm worried I'm seeing more people applauding a blanket statement like "reducing systems" than at least being cautious about it. I wouldn't want that for any game.

That's a shame. While I love XX^Core+R, it's bloated with mechanics. I feel like Xrd scaled back just enough to keep it fun and strategic.

A more stripped down GG will just make it feel like other fighters.

It's just a glorified way to encourage you to get out of blocking 24/7. Granted a simple guard crushing mechanic can do the job well too. If for example we get that over RISC in Xrd3, then I'm not too worried.

The sad thing is the choice is probably either release a watered down GG or don't release a new GG at all. I got the vibe that they were planning to shelve it. DBZF's success is both a blessing and a curse for GG in this regard.

Mortal Kombat will have autocombos, screenshot this

More and more moves restored air movements when you RC in GG, that is why you don't see it much in Xrd. Johnny had jump install ground killer joker in AC but ground zweihander basically has an automatic jump install in Xrd, as just one example. For some reason Chipp's teleports were one of the moves that didn't restore air movement on RC so he still has to jump install a lot.

>Serves you right for putting graphics over gameplay

But Xrd uses the same engine and style as DBFZ and its graphics are at least as good as DBFZ's if not better

DBFZ is doing so well because of the Dragonball IP more than all other factors put together

DBZ being a gateway game was the funniest lie I've seen people convince themselves of. None of those people want to play other fighting games, they want to play dragon ball z.
Nothing wrong with that, but you were stupid in the first place for expecting them to slowly migrate, if at all.

Did any of you mouthbreathers actually read the fucking article?
>But if we implement everything the game will no longer be Guilty Gear.
Daisuke really cares about his game, he obviously does not want to make it feel like an entirely different game. How many of you fucks have actually played GG for more than a week, because judging by posts like I'm not entirely sure.

Probably a bad opinion, but I liked the BBCS guard bars.

>"One thing that we have to do in the next installment is to reduce the number of systems [mechanics]; it’s too complicated for everyone. You can expect that in the next game.”
Literally right after. Since it's so damn vague, you're wasting time being THAT worried about it, but things are being changed around and/or taken out. Depending on what they mean though, it could be nothing or not. We just don't know yet.

That's not what I'm trying to say. I think GG was on the verge of being shelved indefinitely due to the poor performance of the Xrd expansions. DBZF's success got Arc thinking "hey what if we dumbed it down for the masses, surely that's what people liked about FighterZ", so on one hand we get a new GG we probably wouldn't have gotten otherwise, but it's dumbed down.

If Daisuke gave a shit about GG he wouldn't have added Danger Time desu

I meant just a generalized "you" for that last statement, my bad.

No problem, I thought you might have, but I wasn't sure.

All the models here are terrible.
>woman body with flat baloons
??? whats the appeal on this. add at least a hint of nipple or body topology
its as flat as a board. even with curves.

It already feels like GG is dead, considering Rev 2 has been out for consoles for almost a year and we've gotten absolutely no hints on any plans to add any more DLC characters, and they tried to hype up a balance patch during the evo lineup announcements

Shame too, I was hoping to play Anji

I tryed GG but gave up after tutorial due game mechanic

>DBFZ is for casuals
>GG is getting gutted to appeal to casuals as well
>Blazblue Cross Tag Battle is a fucking travesty
What the fuck went wrong with ArcSys?

>the success of DBFZ is going to casualize all less popular anime games even further

Talk about a monkey's paw

youtube.com/watch?v=WDtjsummWeY

Sunday EVO spot = new announcement. So there's still hope.

Oh please, Danger Time is far less of a issue than you people make it out to be. I'm not saying that it's fun or a good mechanic, but it's not like it ruins every single match

People gave them the benefit of the doubt.

I know it feels like you need to understand everything at once but it's really a lot more gradual than that if you stick with it.

>tfw FB doesn't seem to give a shit about reaching out past their small audience

French bread will save us, right?

Jesus Christ

I actually don't even know what FB stands for in this context and I thought I liked anime fighters, so I guess you're right about small

UNIST is actually a great example of a complicated anime game done right, where there is a huge amount of system mechanics and depth but it's fun immediately without knowing all that shit. I look forward to it being dumbed down in the sequel.

>Thinking anyone on Cred Forums needs to worry about tier lists at their level of play.

French Bread

FB means Pain Français

And I don't know how many people know about it, but the idea behind DT is to turn tables in a match, so even worse player could get a chance to suddenly land a hit and win the game. There are rumors that Daisuke himself wanted to add it. I think he really adores stuff that can drastically change the flow of the match (he likes parry in 3s because of it).

Good. Now I can get into fighting games. They're too overcomplicated desu.

Based

Is there any point in getting PC Revelator this late in its lifespan?

Waifu fags are the fucking worst, holy shit.
ArcSys has become Platinum Games. Everyone praises them for basically no reason because they made a couple good games, then every modern game they've made has been a licensed travesty and people want more.
>They made a Legend of Korra game... THEY SHOULD MAKE A TMNT GAME!!
>They made a DragonballZ Fighter... THEY SHOULD MAKE A ONE PIECE/NARUTO/SWORD ART ONLINE FIGHTER!!!

Problem is you still have to play them.

Not really, but don't take that to mean there is a point to getting it on PS4, they're both equally small at this point

I was going to say to stick to consoles, but apparently americans and euros are also on steam too
Get Rev2 wherever you feel more confortable playing with

>SWORD ART ONLINE FIGHTER
But aren't there only like 10 characters? Kirito, that black dude, Klein and a bunch of whores who are lusting after Kirito's dick.

It's a little expensive for what you get, and the pricing options are extremely complicated for no reason. If you have a friend to play with, it's definitely worth it. Don't listen to faggots that say to wait for the next version, unless there is literally a new version announced or out in Japan, there is no point in waiting. There are also plenty of Discord servers that have people willing to fight you.

>ctrl +f danger time
t. ky and chipp players

I don't know, nigga, I fucking hate anime, I was literally just thinking of any anime I could say. I just hate people who want a _____ fighter. Everyone wants a fucking Cartoon Network/Nickelodeon fighter, an SMT fighter, an anime fighter, a "80s horror movie character" fighter, but if these games actually fucking came out, they wouldn't play them beyond the story mode then drop them. They'd never spend the time to actually get good and this is shown through Dragonball FighterZs numbers which are down like 80% from launch.

You do realize that there were Guilty Gears before XX right?

The problem isn't waiting on the next version, the problem is wasting 30-60 bucks to get thrown in a lion's den where you will never have fun.

Are you aware that literally every single fighter loses 80% of its launch playerbase even if it isn't licensed to an anime

Sure, if you just want to learn the the game have fun and improve it's not difficult to get matches and there's a reasonable skill range. If you're like some people on Cred Forums who can't enjoy themselves without knowing there are 50,000 concurrent players on at all hours then don't bother.

Seem upset.

that's not a bad thing

check your inner city poverty privilege

guilty gear is anime

n-no it isn't

so is street fighter

Yes it is.

Wow.... so it seems like making a game casual as fuck doesn't keep players around....
That's my fucking point, dumbass. Why make a game casual as fuck if those players aren't even going to stick around anyway? Even if a game is complex and requires practice, execution etc like Street Fighter 4, Guilty Gear so on, the people who are willing to stick around will and even if the game is casual as fuck, those casuals will leave. Might as well just leave the game the way it is instead of appealing to casual players who don't care and piss off the hardcore players. Even as a fighting game scrub, I hated fucking auto combos in Persona 4 Ultimax.

guilty gear doesnt have an anime

It has a 3 hour OVA.
With all the CG in anime now, it might as well be.

The auto combos aren't as much of a problem because of how genuinely scummy the game outside of that is. You need to be on point and no casual is making waves in that.
Which is why I'm personally so upset about XTB

Complaining about autocombos just outs you as someone that doesn't know what the fuck you're talking about

There are legitimate reasons to call DBFZ casual, like universal walk and dash speeds, small movelists that only use quarter circle inputs, and lack of defense mechanics, but autocombos literally do not matter or detract from the game's depth in any way, and also do virtually nothing in bridging any skill gap, if someone can beat you mashing autocombos they could've beat you mashing single hits without them

It had one character with a fucked up wakeup that got patched and a handful of characters that could be hit with heavily scaled meme combos plus maybe a handful of janky reeling animations that were inconsistent at max range, not even remotely comparable.

I never actually delved into the game beyond what I knew as a casual. Persona 4 Arena was like the first fighting game I bought ever because I was a fan of Persona. But as a casual player I didn't like auto combos, they annoyed me and even as a casual I didn't want to rely on them and wanted to learn real combos. If someone like me thought they were stupid at the time, I am sure a lot of casual don't like them.

It's ironically almost exclusively casuals who have any problem with autocombos, anyone that even reaches an intermediate level in fighting games knows they don't matter and flashy execution-heavy combos are not the most important part of fighting games and "relying on autocombos" will only get you so far while you learn neutral until you naturally want to make them better on your own anyway

Excellent. GG and BB both have become bloated with worthless, awful mechanics. Pulling it back a bit (a lot) and making fewer but more meaningful systems in place would be welcome.

>What is Stylish mode
Why make the entire game play itself when the feature already exists?

I haven't played DBFZ, but my friend tells me that certain combos just don't work unless you use auto combos in middle of them. Even if it's the same moves, the combo will just drop unless you auto combo it. Also, you can't summon Shenron without abusing auto combos. There are also specific moves and special moves that only come out at the end of an auto combo. This seems to detract from the game overall and make it more casual. At least Street Fighter doesn't have chains, strings or auto combos, but honestly, the next one probably will given how successful these shitty games are. No matter how casualized SF5 is, at least there aren't auto combos.

wiki.shoryuken.com/Ultra_Street_Fighter_IV/Game_Systems

Less varied than I remember, but it was more than a single character. I was probably thinking about 3s earlier.

Stylish mode is terrible for learning the game or even doing well. Not only do you take more damage, but the autocombos that are there suck fucking dick. I was dicking around in Stylish with Kum, and his kickloops were impossible to do because you could recover out of it, something that you can't do in regular play.

P4A was one of the first ones I played too.
I didn't really have time to form an opinion because I was finding out longer combos supplemented by the AAA bit instead of just AAA -> Special -> Super. That was enough to keep me interested and not hung up on autocombos.

Reminder that Xrd was heavily simplified from previous GG games and the game is much better for it. You can simplify systems without compromising the skill ceiling.

Shenron doesn't matter and is just a silly gimmick, I have never ever seen him appear in any ranked or tournament match

I don't see why using part of an autocombo to extend a manual combo is inherently a bad thing, and most of the autocombo-only moves (of which there really aren't that many of, only some characters even have any of these and if they do it's usually only like one) aren't really great anyway

And lastly no matter from what angle I look at it I fail to see how using autocombos to extend a long combo is more casual than SFV's optimized combos that are only like 3 moves with a fairly generous link window

But the previous GG had significantly higher skill ceilings? So much so that even top players would occasionally drop their combos.

I can't remember the last time I've seen a Jap drop a combo in Xrd.

See you're just falling into the noob trap of thinking execution and combos are the only thing that matters in fighting games, and it's ironic that you think SFV, the most barebones modern fighter, is deeper than anything just because its normal strings are slightly harder to do

I actually disagree with this. I have a problem with auto combos if there are moves in the auto combo you can't do by themselves and I also have a problem with the auto combo if it's just moves you can do by themselves.
If there are moves in the auto combo you can't do by themselves, it's retarded because then you're forced to do the auto combos to use those moves.
If the moves in the auto combos are just moves you can do by themselves, you might as well just teach new players those individual moves instead of putting the auto combo in the game.
Most optimal BnB combos in any Street Fighter are 3-5 moves. Only rare exceptions is the combo more than that.

>certain combos just don't work unless you use auto combos in middle of them
They kind of pull you towards the opponent when you use them in the air, they're mostly used just for that so you can continue combos up there.

>Also, you can't summon Shenron without abusing auto combos
Who cares about Shenron?

>There are also specific moves and special moves that only come out at the end of an auto combo.
How is this an issue? You press LL and get a new move. This is no different than how Hibiki in BB functioned, for example.

I am not a noob at fighting games. Street Fighter V has more depth because there's an actual neutral game, unlike anime fighters where you gimmick on people until they die.

That's probably because people complained about yearly releases.

He said that auto combos don't affect the game, but they clearly do. Even if Shenron is useless, it's a mechanic in the game that's affected by auto combos. There are also certain air combos that can not be done without auto combos and there are specific moves that can not be done without auto combos.
These are three things in the game that are affected by auto combos. It is not impossible to argue that auto combos have affected the game.

Spoken like someone that's never touched an anime game in your life, thinking just because it doesn't have the footsies autism dance there's no neutral at all

Nice falseflagging.

If you try to anti air in Guilty Gear, you can air dash at the person, Blitz Shield in the air and parry their fucking anti air and punish them for it.
I am being hyperbolic when I say that Anime fighting games have no neutral, they obviously do to some extent, but anime fighting games are about doing crazy shit to confuse and gimmick on people. The character that I play in Guilty Gear can set up an item on someone's body when they're knocked down and literally make them guess high or low into another knockdown, where I can put another item on their body and make them guess again. I can summon a super onto the screen that blocks the entire screen, red roman cancel it, then run up and make them guess high or low while the super blocks the entire fucking screen and they can't see.

Thanks god
If a top player is dropping combo then the game need some fixing

He's a tard but the neutral in anime fighters tends to be more straightforward.

>25 meter hard read that leaves you in counter hit state and the opponent can just airthrow or just YRC you

>If a game is difficult it needs some fixing

And now we circle back to the original topic of the thread

>If you try to anti air in Guilty Gear, you can air dash at the person, Blitz Shield in the air and parry their fucking anti air and punish them for it.

That's exactly my point though? That's neutral, everything you did there is mindgames and takes a read and has a counter and leaves you open to punishes

I don't get why SF players think more mechanics and neutral options makes neutral less deep somehow

SF players only understand neutral as wiggling back and forth fishing for crouch forward -> fireballs.

No it's not, I'm air dashing at him like a fucking faggot and if he does the natural fucking thing (anti air) he gets punished for trying to play the game.
At least this guy gets it. These are good counters to the situation, but if I air dash at him and just attack instead, he loses.

I don't get your point, is there supposed to always be a clear best move and outcome? If you bait him into doing what seems like the natural thing in order to turn a situation around for yourself, he can read you trying the same trick again and then counter it

How are these types of mindgames not neutral?

Yeah, he loses.
and???

Or he dashes back, uses anti air, Blitz, any a plethora of other shit? Stop talking about games you know nothing about. If you want you can 1v1 me in a lobby right now to see if your "theory" works.

These are conscious choices that need to be made in the moment. You are literally describing baiting a reaction and punishing it with this blitz example.

If you jump in Street Fighter, you die. That's the way it should be. Anime fags, baka
Anyway, I am done replying. You guys are actually right. It just annoys my friend so I find it funny.
Wouldn't it suck if the next Guilty Gear game had "reduced systems" and this interesting mind game didn't have this many answers?

its not even that good, airdashes have recovery time before you can attack or defend, if you do it to close they can stuff it before blitz even comes out

airdash blitz is a hard read on a 6P AA from a far spacing. if the opponent just waits it out you're fucked

>If you jump in Street Fighter, you die.
You didn't even get that right.

>difficult
>Not being able to master a game after playing a lifetime the game is not enough difficult for some
Fuck off

street fighter fanboys are thin skinned bitch baby's

ay yoo, let's play sum mahvel.
east coost vs wast coost nigga.

You fuck off. If you can master a game in a year, it's not difficult enough.

Also watching Cred Forums argue about neutral like they understand it is giving me cancer.

>muh grounded game where AAing is piss easy
whats wrong with having another layer of complexity to movement? a more mobile game with airdashes/double jumps means a faster and harder neutral to play and its just funner.

I disagree. Complex does not mean that it's better.

christ its a fucking video game, not an instrument.

>That's what casuals like.
Not from my experience. Most of them despise shit like SF and MK because once you start getting combo'd it's a one way interaction but they really liked KI and GG because you can at least do something to stop from just getting juggled for 2 minutes straight.

I'm aware of that. Please go fuck up someone else's genre.

KI yeah, but most don't even look at GG because it just looks complicated.

having more options is funner, and that's just factually true

At legit killed Capcom. It will do more good than harm.

Go pick up some actual real life skill instead of """"""""""""""mastering"""""""""""""" a video game lmao

Go read a book instead of shitposting on some mongolian basket weaving forum.

I'm busy studying atm, but I probably will after

That's great.

The fuck is jump install

>someone else's genre.
I'm mine genre too, so what now?

>DBFZ killed Capcom

after you do special that puts you airborne (like teleport) you're missing a jump option (like airdash or double jump)

jump install gives you that jump option back. its a niche technique that some characters need for optimal damage combos. i think thats the gist of it

A glorified exploit that lets you do double jumps after a super jump, to give you a couple more of hits.

Monhan saved them tho

ty

a stupid bug in older titles that they kept for "muh skillcup"

Disney killed Marvel. Tourney fag shills killed Street Fighter.

>Street Fighter is dead

Would be more accurate to say it's undead

One of the last things in the challenges. I finished it with S and I still don't know how it works

How anyone could still be interested in fighting games after SFV and DBFZ is beyond me.

>Fighting Games are becoming dumbed down as Smash is now
what went wrong?

I feel she got a bit sexier.

jump cancel a normal that is jump cancellable, like close S but continue your ground combo while you're in your pre-jump frames instead of actually jumping. You'll be able to double jump your airborne special in that combo now. It's dumb.

She doesn't lick her guitar anymore though.

This might be the most retarded comment about guilty gear I've ever seen
Good job user, that's an accomplishment

GG has a smaller playerbase because it's a complex game with a higher skill ceiling than most fighting games that have larger playerbases, the casual audience doesn't play it and never will.
Even if they dumbed it down, the casual audience still wont play it, because the casual audience is attracted by brands they know.
DBZ is successful literally only because it's DBZ. Street fighter, no matter how shit the game, will still be successful with normie casuals because it's got street fighter in the name. Marvel only gets any sales because it's a crossover game with marvel slapped on it.
If you expect casuals to play any game without a major brand behind it, you're living in a different world than the rest of us.
Do you think darkstalkers would be popular with casuals if they released a new one that was dumbed down for retards?
How dumb are you

Thing is that one of the draws of Blazblue is the story mode. Being too focused on balance can take away from the average player experience.

Creative bankruptcy leading to stagnation makes developers think they're making their games too difficult.

If it's as brain-damage friendly as DBZF then goodbye to GG. Was fun while it lasted.

I just got guilty gear, what's so bad about Stylish mode?

The design is definitely part of it. A lot of people just aren't that into the anime designs. Something like DBZ is about as deep as they'll go. If it was just down to skill ceiling, SF2 would have never taken off like it did in the first place.

you take 20% more damage

you take like 20% more damage and the combos are really unoptimal
if you plan on playing with it just refund the game

Nah she definitely got hotter in Xrd

Ramlethal is my gf and none of you can have her

I'm also a sin main

1# Thot

How many Capcom gamers are at EVO?

Just SFV, the most popular one besides melee.

That ear-like hair looks really off.

LEAVE MY LITTLE BAIKEN ALONE YOU ABSOLUTE SUBHUMANS

that don't seem so bad, I'll make it work.

Life-Time supply of free milk straight from the tap

Um sweetie, I have some bad news for you.

fite me you nigger

holy shit

I wish i could actually play her

It won't matter how dumbed down the fighting system fucking is
No matter what fucking happens people won't get it through their thick skulls that you need to use actual effort to win in a fighting game
THAT is why fighting games are a niche genre, because if you lose there is literally no one else to blame, but yourself and people these days can not handle that concept

Has there been any indication that they plan on dumbing it down? I only got into UNI with [st]

You can play her. Just put in the work, user.

No, it's actually Blazblue's fault. It started the whole casualization thing.

you won't

Gaming became too large.

Don't count on it.

Xrd is the best time to play her. She's one of the easiest characters in the game now.

>goobers will die in your lifetime
Good.

FRC -> YRC
RC -> RRC/PRC + slowdown
Clash -> Danger Time
Slashback (2f parry, can't lock for 30f if whiffed) -> Blitz Shield
FB (EX) specials -> N/A
Game Speed Reduced
Smaller screen size (characters generally closer together

That's all I can remember off the top of my head, there might be some obscure mechanic I am missing

BBCTB looks fun though. Am I a casual?

Not shocked. GG has almost too many systems and gimmicks. Hell most "good" NA players on boards and forums don't know about Roman cancels and false roman cancels. But that is NA

>Balance has never really been Arc's primary concern.
Except GG has always been one of the most balanced fighting games where tiers don't matter.

Good riddance desu

I-No is definitely easier to play in Xrd than she was in previous games but I wouldnt say shes one of the easiest.

just dont nigga. the tutorial is fun but it doesnt teach you shit of the things you need to do during a match.

Man you are really wrong. Hilariously wrong.

The only thing you really need to get used to is the movement. Her gameplan and combos are pretty straightforward compared to the rest of the cast now that FRCs are gone.

>Do you realize this is thanks to DBZF incredible and overwhelming success, right?
Found the reddit shill. It's mostly the brand, but it pandering to casual's also helps

does Baiken even wash her tiddies?

>remove RC slowdown
Only for neutral YRC and PRC tho. you can still do some nice combos that only work because RRC slows down

She'd reach her limit eventually.

She'll just have to learn a new, tit-based fighting style

Please stop talking shit about my GG-fu, she's a pure and innocent girl that just wants to kill that one nigga with the weird name

the samurai fears the box of chocolates

If I play Potemkin online does that make me a shitter or a scumbag?

Anime designs are a double edged sword, some people hate it, some love it. So no, this isn't the main reason for its lack of popularity.

Daisuke said he wanted to do it anyway and Xrd was trying to strike a balance so old fans wouldn't be alienated. Xrd is still incredibly complicated and frankly whatever is after Xrd is probably still going to be also. All DBFZ really did was centralize hurtboxes, and gave liberal input timing. Most characters still play very unique. That's probably what is going to happen with GG's next game, which is not happening for another 8 years because IMPLYING they're done with Revelator. They'll lessen the weight system, drop guts mechanic, and further iron out RC and kick Danger time the curb.

>womanlet
OH NONONO NO

it makes you a honest man of many busters and any who disagree are shitters who can't win against the worst character in the game

>baby sitting slow play style

You're playing her wrong

GG is one series that needs to be boiled down to its roots because of the sheer volume of mechanics. If your game has 50 tutorials for just the basics, it's time to rethink your game design.

I wouldn't say every character in dbz fighters is unique. For one every character has the exact same mobility. Arcsys games are typically known for giving characters unique mobility options that make them distinct like Chipp, Taokaka, I-No, Faust, Dizzy, Izanami, etc. Even characters like Potemkin are unique because they don't have air dashes. Even Persona a game that's simplified for casuals has unique movement with characters like Aigis and Yosuke.

I'm a Slayer main and I fucking hate you.

I still don't see why devs think that a high skill ceiling is the reason why fighting games aren't as popular as other genres.
The reason why fighting games are unpopular is because the chances of a new player doing nothing in an online match but getting destroyed by a veteran or even a slightly better player is way higher than in a fps where in most games you have 8+ players, giving the noobs not only a higher chance to find someone of a more similar skill level in the same match but also gives them more chance to kill someone by surprise since those games can get pretty chaotic, you also have games that give rewards for assist frags and doing other assist tasks.
With a fighting game there are very few if none luck factors that can make a noob win unless the opponent is another noob, you also don't get any sort of reward for just playing kinda okayish but the loser will always be at the last place, instead of having 8+ places to get ranked on, which will hurt the ego of a bitch-ass noob quite easily.

Is it even possible to rip off someone's dick ?

Baiken just got breast reduction surgery, say something nice to her!

The weight of all characters make no sense and Baiken is like 5'3 which is average in ching chong land I think

Balance in AC+R was worse, so far I don't see anything that feels as broken as Zappa+sword.

I don't even know who you are anymore.

The problem with AC was that a lot of the new mechanics were just clearly better than the previous mechanics. Once you became good at FRC there was pretty much no reason to go for a RC instead, same with some characters and their force breaks, overdrives in GG were never too strong in general but now they were even less important.

No fighting game retains a large percentage of the initial buyers. This is how it's always been and how it always will be. Only the FGC and maybe a few converts stick around after the first month. This is why it's so important to appeal to casuals when releasing a fighting game, so you can inflate the initial sales and make enough money to actually make a sequel. At the same time, you can't make the game too casual and boring or you'll scare the FGC off before they buy the DLC characters. It's a pretty challenging balancing act.

Naruto Fighter Shippuden, when?

I love Guilty Gear, but it does have a lot of bloat that doesn't really add much to the experience.

I don't think it is. GG is very different to most fighting games for the same reason, if you simplify it you will also lose part of it's unique personality.
Having a long ass tutorial is one of the prices to pay but not inherently a bad thing.

K H A Z A R M I L K E R S

ITT: people who never played guilty gear

>mongolian basket weaving forum.
Can someone explain this meme to me ?

Find someone who loves you as much as Majin Obama loves Guilty Gear and you got it made.

So.. most people? GG's biggest issue is that nobody plays it. Some streamlining might make it a bit more viable and less niche.

>it's time

Sure GG has a learning curve but it's not really as bad as people think. I thought the simpler fighting of dbfz would turn me off but I actually like it and if Rev 3 will attract more players I am all for it.

She always looked disgusting to me desu

>too stupid to even use a meme properly
kill yourself retard

Where is my UNIEL

There's a bunch of stuff i dislike from the new Guilty Gear game and i would be glad if some of the new mechanics were gone forever. However i don't trust arsys anymore so thy would probably change it to something worse.

it actually only has 7 for the pure basics that can be done in like 20 minutes
the 52 extra missions are a split between teaching system mechanics like blitz, da, etc. And teaching standard FG concepts like whiff punishes, tick throws, meatys and more.
If you take it slowly instead of trying to learn it all at once it ain't actually too bad

Well when you go into a thread discussing Guilty Gear, you generally expect people to play Guilty Gear to talk about it. Just look at the amount of people acting like Danger Time is a game ruining mechanic that happens every single match.

>Street Fighter V has a neutral game

I'm glad some people still have a brain on v. The more GG players, the better.

Too dead to meme on.
Why would you want to shitpost that?

danger time is pretty stupid but it really doesnt happen enough to hurt the game for me like neutral yrc and tech yrc airdash does. Only Slayer shitters defend that because they have an allergic reaction to neutral.

>Street Fighter III requiring 120+
>When Chun Li fucking exists

How? You're playing a character that's at the bottom of the barrel. Take it from a Sin player, you are not as much of an asshole as me.

I still haven't figured out what danger time even does

>yfw her tits produce alcohol instead of milk

>only slayer players like neutral YRC
what the fug, slayer can't even YRC any projectiles or anything scummy

when moves clash with each other you have a chance to activate danger timr at random. with it you can cancel normal moves into eachother at will and there's almost no pushback from then, enemy player also recovers much slower.

Millia's hair hungers

>he doesn't know about the classic yrc tech magic carpet or the infamous yrc forward dash
I dont even hate yrc projectiles since its the almost the same shit as frcs. It's the empty yrc shit in neutral or tech situations that triggers me.

i basically quit because i could not get good with potenkim. Playing him is infuriating, especially whne his knockdowns and vacuum effects are no more.

Why? Unless you did something very unsafe they're only wasting meter to save themselves from something or get into a better position, slow down doesn't even last one third of a second.

>thread about to make me buy gg again for the 4th time

those are pure movement options

not nearly as oppressive as yrc gunflame or ky bullshit

You can actually streamline the game without making it more casual. Because things hard for the sake of being hard are neither fun nor rewarding in any way.

Let's take the character specific wake up timings for instance. I can imagine that some of you fuckers actually don't know or get to know it, but characters actually have wake up specific timings. Those timings vary in between 21 and 30f. They also vary depending if the knockdown was face-up or face down. Those values are arbitrary as fuck.

Characters like Venom can wake up really damn fast, to the point they can actually ignore some okis and upback. And while it can definitely serve for balancing purpose, I don't see the reason of having up to around 81 different tech timings, other than making the game harder for the sake of being harder. Because doing basic safe jump becomes much more tedious and specifc, making stupid play even stronger. So instead of going for a safe jump and beating some options clean, you gotta just block in case the opponent does something stupid, losing the advantage you deserved.

Which is why streamlining the knockdowns in 3 categories would not only make the game more enjoyable, but it wouldn't remove any depth. And I hope that Ishiwatari is talking about streamlining mechanics in the way I mentionned, rather than removing some completely.

NB : I'm not telling that someone who DPs should never be able to land it. Safe jumps aren't great mixups, and they should serve a purpose of at least enabling some sort of pressure. On the other hand, DPs should be an option, and a strong one, for pressure and pressure resets.

Nobody implied it does. It's still a shit mechanic that shouldn't exist.

If guilty gear gets the briandead retard mechanics of DBZF I'm just quitting fighting games.

do it and join the daily lobbies over at new peeps always welcome

You can do anything to a fighting game but until a casual wants to transition to veteran, you are not going to maintain an audience ever. The mindset of transition has been gone since 2014.

what are your thoughts on characters having different classes of air gravity? Shit annoys me in the same way you explained wakeup timings.

woops meant

>Went back to SFV for a bit.
>Remembered that all my mains can't do shit on wakeup outside of super.

Argh.

Yeah, I did it to your mom last night

>Which is why streamlining the knockdowns in 3 categories would not only make the game more enjoyable, but it wouldn't remove any depth.
I agree with you. They don't need to remove it but make it a bit more similar to character weight, and maybe even make character weight a bit more streamlined too.
Although I don't think this is one of the reasons why people don't play GG. A noob would not even get as far as knowing or caring about the meta game of okizeme.

Why do no one play him?

Yeah that vacuum effect nerf makes him a lot less fun to play. Don't know who else I'd wanna play though. I always liked cool robots.

He's weird, and I find a decent amount of people dislike his design.

l2block

You've got some nerve

dumb looking design and the 6h nerf

The game bombed simply because it released for fucking xbox.
japs donì't fucking care abpout it, only dudebros and americans.
Also, distribution in the west was a total fucking disaster. In Eu no one knew when it was coming out, and storekeepers kept asking without getting any response. It was a pain in the ass to get one copy day one.
If it was released for ps4 things could have gone so differently... GG2 is one of my fav game ever.
Ill never forget theproud, yet sad smile Daisuke gave to me me when i asked him to sign my copy years ago.

Also brutal legend came after gg2 by a few years If I recall correctly. another great game, too bad it bombed and never got a sequel. The games have some "moba" elements but came way too early. Maybe if they came a bit later things could have gone differently-again.

he's cool but his gameplay seemed boring

I kind of like it when they enable some fancy routes. I don't like them when they just make things less consistent. I'm actually not a big fan of lightweight in general, since it actually makes it stupid hard to convert in some situations, just because the opponnent is falling way too slowly.
I honestly wouldn't mind if they removed the lightweight class totally, or made it slightly less lightweight.

>Although I don't think this is one of the reasons why people don't play GG. A noob would not even get as far as knowing or caring about the meta game of okizeme.
I also don't believe wake-up specific timings are the thing that will make the casuals run away from the game. But I still hope they take care of the current "artificial difficulty" that's present in the game before making some things straight up easy. I honestly don't know what kind of "hard but basic" mechanic you could remove or tone down on without it totally destroying the way this game is currently played.

ok

He's cute though.

Potemkin used to have more option to keep the player close, the lack of those options really hurt him because it takes him very long to finally get in range, now he can't keep them there for too long and it's time to go back to chase them again. He has the tackle but it's still not good as having a vacuum effect.

Don't insult me. You should know that shouldn't be the only option in a modern fighting game. If I wanted that basic shit, I'd play Street Fighter 2.

there's barely any hard knockdown in that game in the first place, god forbid you actually have to suck it up once in a while.

Bedman? More like...Badman amirite? XDDD

He's really janky to play and look at, and unlike Pot, there's nothing satisfying that he can pull off. Also he's a guy so waifufags who are shit at the game (baikenfags, jack-o fags) don't play him

To be honest I like Bedman but I have trouble with his hover dash inputs. I'm too sloppy with my inputs. Tried practicing it but it never felt natural to me.

my iq is too low

Now hol' up there m8 I might be a waifufag but I at least try to get better

Before this threads dies, Should I get GG Rev 2 on PC? Only fighting games I have played are UMVSC3 and Skullgirls

A cute dork

Sure why not, it's great an you can find players on /vg/ everyday willing to play

i don't see why not. You don't even have to use discord to find games, it's not really as dead as everyone claims.

If you know you'll stick with it, then yes
It's probably the best fighting game that is at all alive at the moment. Takes some work to figure the game out well enough to have fun though.

It's less dead than KoF

I'm biased but It's the most fun fighting game you can currently buy and actually play.