How is this? Thinking of picking it up

How is this? Thinking of picking it up.

I'm wondering the same. There's a demo, if that helps.

It's not bad. It's too simple, but with a nice atmosphere and a charming little story. Esna's an absolute gem.

Could have been fun but everything gets locked behind story progression.

It's okay but it's very straightforward and doesn't have much depth. I feel like town management could have been made into something better.

You just missed a sale yesterday. It was $20 at Walmart.

Did they finally make Maplestory DS?

>Too simple
That's a shame, I was hoping for a comfy Zelda like game

Really fun and relaxing

What did you guys hope to play instead?

It's good,I enjoyed it.Fun and relaxing.

It very quickly became tedious and monotonous to me. I was really disappointed with it.

_ ____ __ ____ ____ _____

This.

A lot of things in the game is done right, but those things gets old halfway through the game.

The only redeeming quality is the cute art style.

The battles are shit, revolving around RPS and if you don't have the right weapon for a particular monster, battles take 3x longer. Doesn't help that every species has one annoying fucker you always want someone in the party to be able to deal with.

Dungeonering is shit, requiring field skills that are tied to party mates and each dungeon requires several meaning constant running to town to swap members to get some meaningless treasure only to swap back so can deal with those shitty monsters.

Endgame revolves around running RNG dungeons with PONR's, missables, deplorable room gimmicks, and those same trifling monsters but with more HP. The game never makes it necessary to run these and doesn't give a proper tutorial. You don't know you need to do these dungeons until you realize that the mats for the items you can craft never seen to appear. The grind is worst than Korean MMO with abysmal drop rates.

Story is also pretty dumb and nothing is really explained. Why the hell is there a giant lamp in the middle of the sand ocean? Why can't I go to it?

It's not Dark Cloud, I can tell you that. If you are looking for a game for a preteen, I found Monster Hunter Stories to be a more enjoyable experience.

It's the most aggressively mediocre rpg i've played since Yokai Watch.
It's got a lot of cute and a bit of a world around it but it's so padded with bad decisions and a painfully dumb ending.

The story gets really dark really fast! Apparently the dark furry are stuck in purgatory and are really, really mad. There's a sidequest where this guy's sister is in a revolt and shes Ultimately triumphs but succumbs to the darkness and you have to kill her.

it's cute and comfy, but the gameplay gets boring really fast

Yokai Watch at least has squeals to rectify some of those bad decisions. Ever Oasis will never see the light of day sans those "games only you played" threads. The game doesn't ever have a much fan art, odd considering the water spirit is THICCimus Prime.

it's a decent game, the backtracking is bad and some super rare cultives or abilities being attached to specific villagers , this could be solved if let you use more party members