What do you want to see in it?

What do you want to see in it?

Other urls found in this thread:

nintendolife.com/news/2015/09/shigeru_miyamoto_wants_to_produce_another_super_mario_galaxy_but_is_waiting_for_the_right_opportunity
nintendoeverything.com/miyamoto-another-mario-galaxy-game-possible-on-other-hardware-wants-to-surprise-players/
gamerant.com/super-mario-galaxy-3-details-shigeru-miyamoto/
nintendo-insider.com/miyamoto-new-super-mario-galaxy-always-in-discussion/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Challenge

Remakes of super Mario 64 levels

Not having every world spoiled in the trailers/previews

I would like to see more new stuff.

Luigi or Peach playable.

Being able to capture female characters.

Would you people stop with this?
I swear to god, you people will not stop with this whole fucking thing.

Luigi should not be fucking playable and definitely not Peach in a mainline Mario title like this.

Luigi playable, Isle Delfino level

That'd be awesome. I'd like to see more cool bosses and less padding.

Just get rid of the captures, they arent that fun

It doesn’t matter, Nintendo will never fix the game by removing 75% of the garbage as that will make the sequel look tiny.

A challenge mode

>just put back in mushroom power ups and costumes!! :)

Playable Luigi since I prefer his floatier controls and more satisfying linear challenges in the vein of the Galaxy games.
Actually, I probably just want Galaxy 3 when I really think about it.

More classic enemies.
More platforming
The ability to get power ups for your cap or have the costumes give you new abilities.

For it to not exist and just be DLC for what we have now. The only reason a sequel to Mario Galaxy was a thing was because the Wii couldn't even handle traditional downloadable expansions, now that those limitarions are gone they might as well add any cool ideas to the game and not trivialize it with a short-term sequel.

challenge
more playable characters
the hat not changing to default on captures
more “big” kingdoms

Actual platforming.

Less but more meaningful objectives and more focused worlds with less pointless open spaces in them.

Mario, probably. But I might be getting my hopes too high.

Luigi.
>the hat not changing to default on captures
What do you mean? I just checked mine and they all have the correct hat.

Super Mario galaxy 3.

Not him, but he's talking about how every capture is wearing Mario's normal hat, rather than the other hats you can unlock and wear. That same thing bugged me at first, but I got over it.

That will never ever happen

Miyamoto said multiple times that he wanted to do a new Galaxy.

Source?

Works on my machine.

Release the DLC first. Only then I'll do my wishlist

Galaxy 3.
Make Odyssey 2 8-10 years from now, no need to overdo it.

capture a goomba and see what hat he's wearing, dummy

In Sept. 2015 he said he wanted to make Galaxy 3, but needed to wait for "the right opportunity", and he said that the "right opportunity" would be once Nintendo had their new hardware out.
nintendolife.com/news/2015/09/shigeru_miyamoto_wants_to_produce_another_super_mario_galaxy_but_is_waiting_for_the_right_opportunity
nintendoeverything.com/miyamoto-another-mario-galaxy-game-possible-on-other-hardware-wants-to-surprise-players/
gamerant.com/super-mario-galaxy-3-details-shigeru-miyamoto/
nintendo-insider.com/miyamoto-new-super-mario-galaxy-always-in-discussion/

this

>reading comprehension

Guys, what if Super Mario Galaxy Odyssey

Nothing. Mario games are getting boring.

What if

Would the trash gravity mechanics work with the goty controls of odyssey?

>vertical screenshot of a video on a switch
>reading comprehension
r u ok retard

>Ghost kingdom
>Actual Cloud Kingdom
>Luigi
>Multiple SM64 worlds inside a new Mushroom Kingdoom
>Actual Ruined Kingdom
>Isle Delfino (maybe it's better if they do dlc for Odyssey 1)
>Some Galaxy shit out of space
Dunno

>Game already has shitton of costumes and enemies to capture
>Biggest complaint is the lack of playable characters.

Why not?

This, but I probably wouldn’t buy a 2. Was reeeally underwhelmed with Odyssey.

Yes actually. That's one of the defining elements of Mario games.

>m-muh tradition! never ever happened before on a true (true 3d mario so it can't happen!!!!

Make it more like sunshine and 64.

About worlds we need
>A medieval castle
>An underground mushroom cave
>Cheeseland
>A bob Omb factory

Luigi was playable in Super Mario Galaxy 2

what makes you think this will exist?

Hub world with secrets and fun exploration.
Less linear stage sequences.
Less moon, more meaningful moons

Is Odyssey the worst mario game ever made?

not this.
I'd be down for some Giant Kingdom DLC though

What does making it more like those two games even mean? They already borrowed shit from both those games.

Are you retarded?

If we're talking main series, that would go to the Japanese 2. Literally just a level pack for the original game.

Of course he's retarded. He spends his days shitposting on Cred Forums.

>not this.
Why not?

>Underground mushroom cave
>Make the plot so Peach's castle has been destroyed (by hopefully not Bowser)
>all the paintings to SM64 levels are inside a giant cave, spreaded randomly
Nintendo, this fucking writes itself

NSMB2 exists, so no.

Expanding hub world like in 64.

>More lengthy platform challenges in the sub-levels
>More focus on using Cappy as an extension of your jumping abilities
>Fewer power moons but still quite a lot, maybe 500 max
>Playable Luigi

This, given how reserved they were with showing Breath of the Wild I assumed there would be plenty more worlds waiting in the wings, couldn't believe how much they showed when I finally got my hands on the game. It didn't hamper my enjoy too badly but it still sucked.

>”are you retarded?”, he says, in response to a perfectly acceptable opinion held by many.

Now, oddysey was a blast, but they sprinkled moons in really easy places sometimes.

If they ever make a new one they should have less moons but make them more challenging to get. Even have some moons that require double jumping and diving with the hat, because I dont remember any moon requiring it.

Game's got great movement and it needs to encourage it more

A Mario and Wario crossover like the good ol days something like an amusement park like the Golden Coins and more fleshing out of Wario Ware characters...

I felt like the levels in Odyssey were really barebones and had a unfinished feel to them (except Donk City). One of the things that I liked the most about Sunshine is how every location felt like a "real" place. In contrast Odyssey is like they just stitched a bunch of platforms toghether and call it a day, almost like making a Galaxy game but instead of making the levels linear they made them more open.

Those moons/stars would be optional. They put in a shit load of moons in the game for the casuals.

They already lowered the amount of shit you need to win the game; they could lower it more for the children.

If we got something like
>We find Wario randomly on an adventure
>Goes to steal shit at Peach's Castle
>Trashes everything
>Something something Bowser partners with him
>Final boss is fought with captured Wario

Just play the first one for easy moons.

Like the second oddysey would require a lesser budget, so why not catter to advanced players, which record gameplay that make novice players want to master the game too?

For the game to not be a piss easy snorefest at any point

Yes please. The Odyssey already goes to the fucking moon, those 999 power moons I have should take me to the edge of the universe.

I feel like the low gravity of the Moon stage could provide insight into how a Space Odyssey might feel. It lacks the planetoid level design but it does have low gravity. I bet there are a ton of creative ways they could use gravity manipulation with the Odyssey moveset.

Yes, however in the example the easier to grab moons are gone. So even if you reduce the number of moons the casuals will still have issues. The best practice is to make more challenge levels. A lot more challenge levels.

No, it's probably the second or third best one.

I’d say is stems from mario’s base moveset being miles above any captured enemy, with only yoshi even coming even remotely close. Luigi’s higher jumps could be put to great use in zero capture runs

Im still mad this wasnt an outfit you could buy, it only got a cameo in that shitty statue capture

Mario dressed as Luigi =/= Luigi

Nothing. I don't want it to happen.
I loved Odyssey, but "2" is always a bad idea because it ends up being a mash up of scrapped ideas.
Galaxy was fresh and interesting, Galaxy2 felt like a recycle and "already saw, already done".

Captures are never really used for more than one or two specific functions. There's no real reason to ever play as a Goomba over Mario other than to overcome a specific obstacle. Additional playable characters would preferably be comparable to Mario in terms of ability.

It's a Mario game.

predict the date of the announcement if it were toe exist. screenshot it and save it and we'll see what fag got the closest in like a year or two
>3/17/2019

mario games are only easy at the start. they became moderate after the first world/zone/whatever, and then become hardcore to master.

odyssea was the easiest of them all, from start to finish to mastering.

Galaxy 2 is way better than 1

I'd want a game more akin to 3D Land or at least have similar style assets

Children are able to beat all the Mario games. They're not difficult at the end. t. beat all the NES/SNES games, 64, and Sunshine as a kid.

another day, another enfant prodige of Cred Forums
>yes, you know, I was playing Mendlessohn's violin concerto in public by the time I was six

Did you just admit me to be that you're such a fucking casual that you can't beat children's games?

How about a fucking boo level?

>you have to be a prodigy to beat a Mario game
Is this how casual modern gamers have become?

I honestly just want a remake of mario 64.

>hub world
How would that works?

I'd rather see a new 2D mario that's at least as good as SMB3 and with the budget of the 3D games before seeing yet another 3D mario.

>What is Luigi in SMG, SMG2 and SM2DL
>What is SM3DW

Sunshine also had a ost that blended masterfully with each stage while in odyssey i feel like they went for a more ambient approach (except jump up super star which keeps getting stuck in my head)

More.
Odyssey was too short.

none of those you listed are open world 3d mario games you retard, nintendo even said which games are "true 3d" and "linear 3d"

An Odyssey 2 has less opportunity to expand on the Formula than Galaxy had. Because Galaxy was more experimental, meaning the second game could refine what the first one did.
Odyssey on the other hand plays an old formula and is built around that. Which is why I believe Kingdom DLC would work a lot more with it.

Unrelated but I'd really like a Galaxy 3

Galaxy 2, galaxy 1, sunshine, then odyssey. haven't played 64 cause im a faggot

>Magic makes the odyssey "bigger on the inside" and you have to explore it to be able to travel to other worlds.
Something like this would work while keeping the Odyssey thematic.
They could also have a completely different hub, not related to the odyssey, and have the odyssey be related to the plot in some other way.

>sunshine above odyssey
I'm a sunshinefag and I want to print out your post and throw it in the trash

What if

Super Mario 3D Galaxy: Space Odyssey

I'm just parroting what I saw in this thread plus new stuff I'd like:
Boo Kingdom
Factory Kingdom
a much better version of Lake Kingdom
Ancient Ruins Kingdom
Tiny/Huge Island-like Kingdom
another Mushroom Kingdom that was more a level than an area to relax (kind of like Bob-omb Battlefield), or have access to SM64 courses
Isle Delfino

I feel like Odyssey is pretty limited in this regard. All a sequel could really do is to add more Kingdoms, not much else. That's not enough nowadays to release it as a new game over just adding it through DLC. I feel like a spiritual successor would be better, akin to 3D Land -> 3D World.

If Nintendo makes the SM64 areas like the backyard from the Mushroom Kingdoom in Odyssey, we fucking riot

While I disagree on No To Luigi, Peach/Toad/Etc would fuck things up for a simple reason.
The more platforming playstyles you'd incorporate in a larger cast; assuming peach/toad would have something besides cappy for their signature abilities, you'd have to make the worlds so (effectively) all content is feasible with all characters. It's a hindrance.

This, really.

>A much better version of lake kingdom
That kingdom was really bad. Must have been something created at the last minute because the kingdom doesn't even have two post game pipes.

MO2 will be the GOAT Mario game if it does exactly what Galaxy 2 did: take the same game and absolutely fucking perfect the mechanics and level design. I loved Odyssey but none of the kingdoms except Metro came close to capturing the pure potential the game has.

JESUS CHRIST just let me play as fucking Wario, I want to play as Wario in a 3D Mario game so fucking bad. They made him playable in 64DS but he was genuinely worthless and un-useable because they thought it would be a good idea to make him slow as all shit and can barely jump in a fucking platformer.

Not existing