youtube.com/watch?v=ESqZb7hY1S0
youtube.com/watch?v=pasojkrB_Ds
youtube.com/watch?v=H6J5skWL9CM
m.youtube.com/watch?v=F8U5nxhxYf0
vgsales.wikia.com/wiki/Best_selling_Square-Enix_games
youtube.com/watch?v=zRyw6VJdzxw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Its one of the best game for SNES.

They should've used the Secret of Mana fight system for this game.

yes it is

great story, great art, great soundtrack

I'd say it's one of the closest to perfection if there ever was a perfect game.

Why isn't this on the SNES mini again?

How good is the psn version compared with the original? Did I make a mistake?

Not first party?

A perfect game for cucks.

PSN version is probably the PS1 version, which is a port of the original except it had an arguably better translation, and long loading screens

The loading screens were the only thing that ruined it, so I assume and hope emulating it with the PSN version fixes these

thread music
youtu.be/i_QxGtXSa9E

just play the DS Version

Secret of Mana > Chrono Triggered

It's the only perfect game in existence, it also holds the only perfect OST as well.

may as well argue if democrats or republicans are better if you are going to limit yourself to those two terrible choices.

>perfect

lmao, it's a 7/10 rpg buds, let's consume a chill pill before you post again okay?

Well, what would you prefer?

I wish the JRPG genre didn't die out so Mitsuda could have gone on and made us many more soundtracks.

Oh, secret of mana of course. But I don't play that ever since the divorce.

You forgot:
>great gameplay

>turn based
>great gameplay

Great game but not even the best JRPG in my opinion, that title is locked in a three-way tie between Suikoden II, Skies of Arcadia, and Dragon Quest V

But its not perfect because its too cinematic.

i never played this young.
i'm about to play it. will i enjoy this as an adult?

>yes no maybe i dont know can you repeat the question

This guy is still probably wrong, but at least he didn't say chrono meme so he has a modicum of intelligence more than the rest.

making tactical decisions is fun

>still probably wrong
>probably, implying you haven't actually played those games so you can't confirm or deny

More proof that everyone that memes on Chrono Trigger being "le best game ebur" has barely touched the genre beyond the entry level shit like Square games

It's perfect because it hits every note right, the artstyle, graphics, characters, gameplay, combat, music, story, all of it just works andthere is no weak point. It's a game anyone of any age can pick up and enjoy, it's not too autismal with grinding and the story is neither too simplistic or too complicated.

There are a lot of great JRPGs but none of them manage to nail everything the way CT does.

name a better rpg

Final Fantasy 3(6) and Secret of Mana are both there

There is PSN version? Fucking PS Europe being garbage as always.

Any game in the tales of the heroes series except perhaps the third one but probably that one too

It’s on my SNES mini :)

It’s unplayable trash, the objectively worst way to play the game. It has load times before battle, load times when you save. The sound effects are low quality samples of the SNES version that sound hollow like they’re going through a pipe. The mobile port is even better than this garbage

What hacking software did you use

youtube.com/watch?v=Z5PyG42VWvk

It lacks a hard mode and endgame superbosses.

>be Yasunori Mitsuda
>your first chance to compose the music in a major VG soundtrack
>do such a fucking amazing job that there's no room to ever top it.
>like ever
>later works all pale in comparison
>Never become as big a household name as Uematsu despite CT soundtrack being as good if not better than anything Uematsu ever composed.
Has anybody else ever been WEWed so ladly?

>generic weeb shit

Hahaha, no. You faggot don't even kno what constitutes a good game

youtube.com/watch?v=ESqZb7hY1S0

youtube.com/watch?v=pasojkrB_Ds

>chrono trigger isn't weeb shit

zozzle

CC and Xenogears both have amazing soundtracks by him but neither is as well rounded and fitting as CT. He just needed to be put on the right project and for whatever reason Square never gave him the right one after those two games.

Maybe FF12 could have been it, put him on that and it would have been magical.

nigger just fucking google hack snes classic and then stick a sharpie in your ass

What's the difference between SNES and DS version? I'm already about 2 hours in on the SNES version,

Suikoden 2. That's all I got, Chrono Trigger is hard to beat

Hakchi2. I decided to put every single game I ever owned on the real SNES on it along with some others. I maxed it at 62 without using folders. Don’t have retroarch or anything else on it yet. Had to use .sfromtool to save the roms in the right format. I didn’t use any patches because I don’t know if they’re needed or not. Every game I tried works perfectly except FF2, SFA2, SSF2, and Illusion of Gaia. But I’ll fix em later. I autistically marked which ones are two player alternating and which ones are two player simultaneous, I got the release dates and the publishers, and decent box art for everything. Aside from a haxchi2 logo at startup, it legit looks the same and save states and rewinding work the same too

Frankly, I think it comes very close to be. There's obviously bits here and there that could be improved, but I really can't think of any issue this game has outside of cherrypicking.

Nothing important. Extra content that's all bad, a post-game fanfic attempt to tie it with Chrono Cross and optional UI tweaks to make use of the touch screen.

Oh, there are animated cutscenes from PS1 too, but those are pretty meaningless, they just repeat whatever just happened with sprites.

the only problem was that it was on the SNES instead of the PSX or Saturn, which really held it back

What do you little homos think about Brink of Time, are you sophisticated enough to appreciate it?
youtube.com/watch?v=H6J5skWL9CM
At 3:00 minutes it gets real good.

I like it as a light hearted story driven adventure. But honestly the game is one of the most piss easy jrpg's i've ever played. In fact I don't know why I said 'one of', it's the easiest

Chrono fans, why are we here? Just to suffer?
Just fucking make another one Square, you damn bastards.

I mean honestly... name one JRPG that you can't cheese by just grinding enough.

Suikoden 2 makes you hit a wall by reducing experience gain to 1 if enemies are slightly lower level than you. It's theoretically possible to grind, but you'd be doing it for ages.

>wanting modern square to rape your game

Never played it but fair enough.
Pretty much all Squeenix games are grind-to-cheese though.

No, but it’s really good, and easily in the top 3 of ATB-based games.

No, way overhyped. It's solid.

Objectively there is no such thing as a perfect game.
But still CT is perfection in my eyes.

I think the only person they'd trust to remake it is Nomura and it's a very different style from any of his games.

That said, Nomura has basically said that he's going to be putting an unnamed Square Enix property into KH3 that he's wanted to handle since FFVII so if CT characters turn up in KH3 you know he wants to take on a sequel/remake.

SoM is not only inferior to SD3, but also SoE.
It's arguably the worst SD game.

DS is the best version, it has extra gameplay content, better translation, anime cutscenes, and a gallery to view monster data, view character artwork, listen to the OST, etc.

Retard alert

One of the bosses literally does an ojou-sama laugh at you.

Only criticisms I can think of are that the tile based scenery is kinda meh in a bunch of the dungeons (even if it's a limitaiton of the platform and cart size) and that it does something really neat with the trial section but doesn't really do anything else like it again for the rest of the game.

It is, but deciding whether you should heal or spam your strongest techs is as tactical as CT gets.

I don't think it's the flawless pinnacle of the RPG that some people here seem to think, but it was an outstanding game.

Chrono Cross limits how strong you can get by locking level ups behind boss fights only

No I wouldn't call it a perfect game. JRPGs are still acquired tastes regardless of their quality. I don't really care for them and playing CT didn't change my opinion of them. It is one of the better JRPGs that I've played but that's not saying much. The music is legendarily good though. The first time I heard Peaceful Days, I just sat there and let it loop.

You chose the optimal version for your first playthrough. If you decide to pick up the other ones later on, the added features only serve as neat little bonuses. Like said, the cutscenes only repeat what happens in the game itself, which does ruin some great moments IMO.

>n-no jrpgs are for pathetic losers so every single game I play isn't a jrpg

luuvin the sjw mindset. must be nice to be so ignorant.

I do not know why Square prioritized the remake of Secret of Mana instead of Chrono Trigger

Is it?

Objection, user.

It has been stated the game is perfect. Chrono, Trigger, that is. If this fact is true, then what use is there in a remake? You cannot exceed perfection. So which is it, should there be a remake or is the game perfect?

That’s an extremely good thing, considering how did they shit all over SoM with the remake.

Do you honestly think it would be a good thing for them to attempt a remake of Chrono Trigger? You've seen what they did to all their other games with shitty mobile ports/remakes, they'd just outsource it and it would look like a kickstarter project with janky music.

Yes, it is the definition of a perfect game. I played it on release and still play it now.

>the music was so good other actual games stole it
m.youtube.com/watch?v=F8U5nxhxYf0

>nearly 2 whole decades and no sequel
Fucking why?

Trigger didn't need a sequel and it would actually hurt it

Cross came out in 99, but was convoluted as fuck and didn't do justice for any of the main cast.
I just want a direct sequel with as much care put into it as before.

good game

shame it got a shitty sequel that proceeded to fuck over the cast between games

A direct sequel would be dumb. What, make everyone level 1 and act like their growth as characters never happened? Not everything needs a direct sequel.

Yeah, it probably is one of the handful of games I'd call perfect.

>I just want a direct sequel with as much care put into it as before.
>wanting to see Square-Enix revisit a classic after that abomination of a SoM remake

>make everyone level 1
No shit, it's a game mechanic, don't make it a bigger deal than it is.
>growth as characters
Half of them died and the other half is MIA.

The FF7 remake could set a more positive precedent if it ends up well.
Really, it just depends on how many of the key people they can get to contribute again.

Regardless of our will, one day they will do the remake, my doubt is only why they did SoM first

I just don't get why you can't accept "this story is done, I'll enjoynit as is".

You haven't played Cross, have you?

This story is done, user.

I have and tant has its own problems. I'm saying that just let it rest. I wouldn't mind a new chrono game, assuming SE somehow actually would do a good job, but I wouldn't wabt it to involve the casts of any of the other games and just be its own thing.

>this damage control

You're as transparent as unsteeped tea, you and your salty vagina.

Does the distance between you and the enemy matter in battle?

Only for a few attacks that target an area around you, like that one where Robo spins Crono around.

I'd want to see a new cast too, but I can't see where'd they go from there and I'm really curious to know what happened to Crono, Marle, and Lucca after the invasion.

There are so few games I look forward currently I'm fine with the risk.
Besides being dead or getting raped, which one is worse?
If it sucks I just one play it, but if there's a chance it might be good, why not?

>name one JRPG that you can't cheese by just grinding enough.

Final Fantasy 8 gets harder the more you level up.

they probably did Secret of Mana before Chrono Trigger because they were testing the waters

I like that it's a JRPG with no filler, no random encounters, and not too long

Why is everyone saying the SoM remake is shit when it's not even out?

Is because people don't like the cartoony graphics?

The PS1 version had the same script as the SNES one. They didn't re-do the localization until the DS port.

>my doubt is only why they did SoM first
Whew, I knew Triggerniggers were delusional, but you take the cake.

Because Mana is a bigger IP than Chrono, and because they're currently revisiting the classic games since the first one, which already got a remaster, and you can bet your ass that they'll remaster SD3 as well before they even remember about your dead IP nobody cares about.
It's already out, bro.
And no it's not even remotely as bad as Cred Forums's nostalgiafags want to convince you it is.

yes.

Mostly because it doesn't really do anything better than the original game, and they had the gall to charge forty fucking dollars for it.

Does FF8 really count though? If you run away from battles to keep your level as low as possible, its like being LV99 in any regular RPG.

doesn't look terrible but just looks cheap as shit, I don't really see whats the point of playing it over the original SNES version when the remake is 40 USD

Have you played CC?

Crono and Marle most likely died, at best escaped and lived as nobodies until they died. Lucca was kidnapped by Lynx and eventually murdered by him. Kid wants revenge on him because of this, Lucca was a sort of adoptive mother for her.

Very close to it.

>pic related actual perfect game.

Are FF 7, 8 and 9 worth replaying? I replayed the SNES ones, but the PS1 games I haven't touched in over 15 years.

>JRPG genre
>Dead
What?

Fair enough.

>Make a game with cool skills that can hit multiple enemies depending on the positions of your characters
>Don't include any way to reposition your characters

7 would not be a bad one to replay through just to have a refresher when the remake comes out.

While I like 8, it is honestly a slog to play through and has one of the more retarded battle systems in the series alongside 2 and 13. I say skip it.

9 just had the re-release on PS4/Steam and while the first portion can be a bit of a slog, i'd recommend replaying it. It was my favorite FF on the Playstation

Yes

>Game is too easy therefore its bad!

It is a bit of a problem when the game gives you a varied collection of wombo combo attacks, but barely anything worth using them on.

>Chrono Trigger
>dead IP nobody cares about

Definitely more people care about it thanSeiken Densetsu, in fact SD is more of a "cult classic" while CT is still remembered as one of the best JRPGs of all time

>>dead IP nobody cares about
patricians care about it. no one else matters.

No game is perfect, but it is a masterpiece.

>this is how highly chronofags think of themselves for playing a game
>a game literally everyone has heard of
>it's mentioned constantly

you have precisely average taste, and you are an average individual. You're not special, you're not patrician, you're nothing.

When I see someone whining that CT is bad because is turn-based, I know I am talking to some low IQ shit eater who likes to press square until the game is over

Not him, but tell that to the Squeenix team that's remaking FF7 right now.

>This person actually posted this thinking it would make him look better than the CT fan

Why? is FF7 remake not turn based?

because it's nu-square at the helm

>Definitely more people care about it thanSeiken Densetsu
Oh yeah, that's why the IP is completely fucking dead since decades to the point that even obscure shit like LaL gets more relevance.
Face it, no one cares about CT, it's an overrated flavour of the year game that only a small clique of EOP nostalgiafags care about, one of those games you put into the "best game" charts as to not offend the sensibility of the average neckbeard around, much like Final Fantasy games or Planescape: Torment.

Still more popular than Seiken Densetsu, which is my point.

It's Kingdom Hearts combat. I'm sorry.

>muh plot

Chronocucks never fail to amuse. Why don't you tell me about your fantastic plot? Was the girl you decided to save with zero motivation secretly a princess? Never heard of that one before.

>Chrono Trigger Direct Sequel
>You play as Magus looking for Schala in the dark ages
>Chrono and team bump into him bc they lost Chorno's mom and cat(s)
>They team up to help Magus after rescuing them
>vage illusions to lavos becoming the dream devourer, but no references to anything else from cross
>Good end is rescuing Schala
>Bad end is Schala becomes Kid
>the entire game is the team fighting to prevent cross from occurring, and therefore erasing it from the Chrono canon

>Still more popular than Seiken Densetsu
Evidently not since even SD has been brought back to life and CT didn't, not to mention SD is an older series with a lot more relevance than CT, more entries, more copies sold and whatever else.

Nobody cares about your Dragon Quest abortion, deal with it.

>Unironically suggesting Tales is anything but complete garbage
Nigger how the fuck is your taste this shit? The dialogue is garbage, the art is mediocre, the gameplay is beyond utter trash and completely irredeemable and there is really nothing it actually has going for it unless some kind of incest hyping shipfag that loves corny romance somehow worse than fucking Twilight.

>Seiken Densetsu
>More copies sold

[citation needed]

You are full of shit.

>Chrono series
>2 games
>5.4 million copies

>Mana series
>10 games
>10 million copies

2 games making half of the sales of 10 games

If Square didn't abandon the series, it would be definitely more successful.

>If Square didn't abandon the series, it would be ruined by Square Enix.
ftfy

games
.4 million copies

games
million copies

Common sources say otherwise, mind posting your own?

vgsales.wikia.com/wiki/Best_selling_Square-Enix_games

I don't even know why I am wasting my time though, anyone who thinks the superiority of a game is defined by its sales or popularity is probably someone who eats their own shit, not worth arguing with.

Which game lets me build a team full of donut steels while having gameplay that's more than attack, attack, heal when low, attack?

>vgsales
Should have known.
>not worth arguing with.
How ironic coming from someone who uses fucking vgsales as a trustworthy source for information.

>Y-your source is wrong!!!11 and I have none!

Good, now go enjoy the taste of your own shit.

>so if CT characters turn up in KH3
Please delete this post. Why would you ever put this idea in my head? I want it bad now but it's so unlikely that it hurts my heart.

Sorry to remind you this but I'm not the one who likes Chrono games, shit is unappealing to me.

>popularity = quality
>no arguments
>no sources
>NO U! response

Typical CT hater mongrel.

>and I'm really curious to know what happened to Crono, Marle, and Lucca after the invasion.

They all died.
Crono and Marle, probably when the castle got sacked
Lucca ran an orphanage and got murdered by a furry
Robo also gets turned into an AI for a door lock and gets deleted

Cross does EVERYTHING it can to shit on Trigger

They couldn't leave a light hearted game be, they had to ruin it with dark edginess

It turns 25 in 2020

>Being this mad
>Put things in people's mouth
>Can't even be bothered to make a google search and find that other sources have a sales ratio more favorable for Chrono games than that meme source you came up with

That's why you Triggerniggers don't deserve to be taken seriously, you're so quick to get offended you can't even think anymore.
No wonder the franchise is dead when it catered to such basic imbeciles.

Damn I won't sleep knowing that I am not "taken seriously" by a literal shit eater who measures the merit of something based on its popularity, hard times.

Post remixes fags

youtube.com/watch?v=zRyw6VJdzxw

You pretty much won't considering you keep replying to me with that bleeding ass of yours, dumb nigger.
And it's pretty funny how you accuse me of measuring merit with popularity when you do the same when it suits you.

But let's be honest here, it's not like you can even do anything else since Chrono games are so painfully bland, at least Cross tried I guess.

>But you are still replying to me!!

Its true, maybe shit eating retards like you don't deserve the attention you want so much, its obvious you only talk trash about a beloved game because you want reaction for other people, like the worthless shit eater you are.

Not generally feelsy when it comes to vidya,
but when all your friends from across different eras of time have to leave and you know you will never see each other again it really fucks me up

Alternative realities are even worse.
Being born in a certain time is always a different outcome.