Other urls found in this thread:

vgchartz.com/game/118753/the-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild/
vgchartz.com/game/84704/the-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild/
zelda.gamepedia.com/Enemies_in_Breath_of_the_Wild
drive.google.com/file/d/0Bz_UmRDesMyvQkdOWV9rVjlKaDQ/view
4gamer.net/games/341/G034168/20170901120/
youtube.com/watch?v=aVPXKdSEGNQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

nintendudes have been the plague of this board since it was created, how new are you?

>playing shitda
kys nintenbabby

>Come to Cred Forums to discuss it
good one cocksucker

>Play this
>Enjoy it, complete all shrines and beat game
>"Good game, it has its flaws but it's solid, 8.5/10"
>IT'S FUCKING TRASH!! ZELDA IS DEAD!! OVERRATED GARBAGE KYS NINTENBABIES!!

I'd give it about the same, maybe a 9. That being said I don't usually care for this sort of game so it's surprised me.

8.5 is about right. There are some real 10/10 moments, like the optional dragon fight and some unique areas, but some parts do get repetitive. I'm hoping we get a majora style sequel with a bit more variety in terms of enemies/dungeons, even if the world itself is smaller.

Nobody said it was prefect. Shitters act like only THEY have noticed the game's minor flaws as if only THEY have some special insight the rest of lack.

Simple reality is that none of the game's trivial nitpicks overshadow what is sn exceptional gaming experience.

It's very easy to OBJECTIVELY explain why BotW is a masterpiece of Game Design.

Meanwhile, all the haters have is OBJECTIVE personal opinion.

See you all at the GDC Awards next month.

This is what happens to anyone that bought a Wii-U thinking it would have more than 5 good games.
They finally get something decent then go full damage control over anything bad being said about it.
Almost like they have to justify their purchase or something

>nobody said it was perfect
except 99% of Cred Forums and the reviewers

what does BotW have to do with Wii U's?

lmao assblasted roach still can't get being fucking annihilated by Nintendo.

97 GOTY 10/10

Your tears will always be delicious.

No they didn't. They just said it was one of the greatest games ever made. Which it is. Cry some more.

Because it was originally announced as a launch title with the Wii-U a long time ago, only to get delayed right up until the end of the Wii-U's console life.
It was one of the last games to be put on the Wii-U before nintendo realized nobody wants one.

Wait till the next Zelda games comes out then Cred Forums will suddenly hate BOTW

If nobody wanted the Wii U and the vast majority of BotW sales came from the Switch, then how is the praise for the game all down to remorseful Wii U owners running damage control?

I fucking love cats

>it's a caps lock greentext strawman thread

It would have a tragedy if BotW had only ever released on Wii U. Having developed such an amazing game only for nobody to play. Thankfully Nintendo are bringing the best Wii U games to Switch.

Why? You think it'll be so much better that BotW will look bad by comparison?

There were plenty of people that bought a Wii-U thinking they would get this only to be disappointed. Said individuals loved to bring this up any chance they could in the past 3 years.

honestly I hear more butthurt over how "shit" this game is than what a "masterpiece" it is.

The biggest takeaway from this game is that it made a lot of people happy and it received praise from all kinds of people. My friend who has disliked the zelda lore, genre and type of game is completely immersed. if that's not good game design idk what is.

but like that other user said, I hope it gets improved on a HELL lot.

>shitposts for an entire year by spamming the same tedious grievances about the game, oversimplifying it and denying everything it does well
>reeeeeee why can't we discuss it fucking nintendbros!!
what did they mean by this

Thanks for this unique and intelligent opinion, I'll put it in the trash but I'll keep it in mind, honest

Me too.

sauce

Why so passive aggressive?

this makes no sense. I bought wii u for just nintendo games. I got exactly what I expected. You're delusional if you think people have to justify their purchase when the game is released on a superior console to the wii u.

Simply ebin. You sir, deserve as many internetz as you can grab

sace

>come to Cred Forums
>every thread is people calling the game shit and fanboys arguing with them
>game is undiscussable completely
>the shitposters think they are more intelligent and have elite taste.

>BOTW Switch sales: 5.53M total
>BOTW Wii U Sales: 1.28M total

vgchartz.com/game/118753/the-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild/
vgchartz.com/game/84704/the-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild/

>Thinking that Cred Forums will have a civil discussion on any game

>There were plenty of people that bought a Wii-U thinking they would get this
But... they did get this.

>vgchartz
Stop using this shitty site

>be master race
>download it and play on cemu
>its pretty good, enjoyable experience
>go for the other games
>nintodlers are going to stick to it for years to come praising as a GAT because it was the first open world game working on their overprinced nintendo toys
lmao

>twilight princess gamecube sales

That would suck.
But then they realized people would buy the switch due to the demand for it.
Modern devs are really good at fucking over their fans like that. Forcing them to buy a new console for one (1) game.

goddamn sauce

>Buying a console for one game
Why do people keep doing this?

>come to Cred Forums to discuss GAME.
>realize everyone's retarded but me.
wtf i hate Cred Forums now

Not him but it's because they have to validate the quality of that one over the rest of the series. The same reason people hate every Zelda game ever made now for being a stale formula with slow hand-holding gameplay, even including games that were considered 10/10 masterpieces on release like Ocarina.

>PCfag has only a superficial appreciation for video games, interest only extends to games he can steal
color me surprised

>I'M SILLY

>buycuck only can appreciate things he wasted money on out of sheer post purchase rationalization

laughing at you rn bourgeoisie puppet

Everyone agrees its a solid 8-9
The only people acting like the spergs in your post are falseflaggers trying to stir up shit like you most likely are

>play on cemu
>ruin the experience for myself

What did he mean by this?

>w-work on my machine! Honest!

>it was the first open world game working on their overprinced nintendo toys
but that's wrong you pilfering turbonigger

No one says it's a flawless masterpiece. It's everyone saying it's shit and a messy trash game that people are defending it for.

Nintendo still released the game on Wii U though. They didn't fuck over anybody.

CEMU was always a meme.

>optional dragon fight
>fight

That was disappointing to me because the trailer gave me the impression it was going to be some volgia type bossfight and not just some flying target shooter

>this pic is not nintendo falseflag, i swear!

Its certainly likely that some genuine fans will not like the game. You can't please everyone.

But I'm honestly convinced most of the shitters are active assblasted haters who cannot stomach Nintendo getting any kind of praise, played a broken gimped copy of the Wii U verison on cemu and felt that was enough reinforce their hate.

You need to beat the WiiU version first then the Switch+DLC version to truly enjoy it.

Still GOTY 2017. you changed nothing with your tears. So sad.

The only falws this games has are the following:
>Lack of enemy variety
>No area specific enemies
>Only thing you find besides the few actual towns it has are Ruins, Ruins and more ruins here and there. With a few exceptions like that Cutey on the top of the Snow Mountain #45 and those Mushrooms stormy area.
>Weapons break a bit too fast
I like the idea of the weapons breaking, but they simply break after 5 to 30 hits. They should be at least 3 times as much. Doesn't matter if i find a giant boomerang or another one of my favourite weapons, i can't use them because they will break within 20 hits or so aka 5 enemies.
>Bosses are mediocre at best.
Though, the DLC boss is possibly the best yelda boss of all time i do agree.
>Game pauses when you want heal
They could've easily made shortcut usage for food and made it so you could heal in real time while also being vulnerable
The magic of the game fades away once you realize that all the new and undiscovered areas you find will probably have one of the following
>Same camp with the same enemies
>Korok seeds
>A shrine with an actual puzzle if you're lucky
>A Lynel
It kinda needed more seemingly random things like the mountain king, more surprises. But overall, again, the absolute Lack of area specific enemies and enemy variety in general fuck up the game for me.

To ad, for me, it's a solid 9/10 game. I would break it down like this:
>Hours 0-2: 8/10
>Hours 2-6: 9/10
>Hours 6-30: Pure 10/10
>Hours 30-100: 8/10
The magic simply fades after 30 hours. After you have seen everything basically.

What Cred Forums are YOU talking about? Everyone has a fucking hate boner for this game here

OP is falseflagging.
He's pretending to be a fan of the game so he can post his usual shitposts without the thread being pruned

OP here

I literally have over 100 hours on this game

Read And don't tell me hours 6 through 30 weren't a 10/10 for you.

l'd agree except for me the initial "holy shit this game is amazing" feeling lasted 80 hours

Yeah, the game gets better after some hours but after you roam all the world, it doesn't feel that great

Basically after doing half the shrines, all the divine beasts and all the memories aka 30hours (+ - 10). Yes, like i said, it doesn't feel that great anymore. The highlight for me were the Lost Woods. The atmosphere peaked there and it was a nice change of pace from the usual Desert, Woods (ironic i know), Snow, Lava - areas.
No sky area, No shadow area (Yes the Dark labyrinth was pretty neat, but short as fuck), No lightning area and basically nothing besides the most basic of basic elements. Hopefully the next Zelda will offer more of that.

>Divine Beasts, Eventide Island 8/10
>Hyrule Castle 9/10
>rest of the game 2/10

Fucking adventure game with nothing interesting to explore or find. Fucking Ubisoft collectible shit.

I could complain about the game, but I would honestly just be nitpicking for the sake of nitpicking. The game is fucking amazing.

>shitty battle system, enemy variety, empty world with ubisoft collectibles is a nitpicking
ok

>reeeee ubisoft *shits pants*
this has been going on for 11 months, kill yourself already

Wrong on every count though. Oh dear.

They don't understand you're using an actual 10-point scale. They're too used to the professional game review 10-poin scale, where an 8.5 is a trash score.

Also, I just finished Tarrey Town, with Hudson and Rhondson's wedding.
>those vows

>its a masterpiece idiot, dare dare criticize it
I'll take shit that never happened and you made up to falseflag for 500, bob.

It’s funny because I felt that same way about Bloodborne was was met with the same response.

It's both masterful and flawed
The things they succeeded at they hit out of the ballpark, but there are many irksome bits

Voice-acting with no Hylian gibberish option
Shrines being uniform in aesthetic instead of varied by locale
gear clipping
Inability to repair items
Inability to tame smaller wild animals
Inability to stable larger ones
Very small number of caverns with usually little more inside than a shrine
Normal not having gold enemies (I finished hard, but if I replay again I'd like to avoid enemy regeneration)
Lack of large buildings to explore (Hyrule Castle and Forgotten Temple are the only ones that jump to mind)
And then there's gripes about story/lore, but those are a bit easier to ignore in a game about exploration

>Cred Forums will never not be mad that BotW is a masterpiece

>Only 1.28m people played the definitive version while 5.53m were left with scraps
I at least hope my bros who played it on CEMU knew enough to mod in all the amiibo items for free and edit the values/durability on their favorite weapons, because Switch owners sure didn't get to.

the lack of underground/underwater exploration and no other hyrule castle type dungeons were by far the biggest flaws for me

l get they wanted to focus on the en plein air concept and make exploring the overworld the main mechanic but l hope they implement more enclosed areas to explore in the next game

l think they will

I agree with the underwater

You can't even swim properly because it also consumes stamina, that was stupid as fuck

that or
>LOL LOOK AT THIS NINTENDRONE KEEP EATING SHIT OP
everyone is a false flag posting shill or troll according to everyone else on this board

Nailed it.

I've been coming here every day for a year now and just laughing my ass off at the unchecked salt.

>editing durability
Lmao people still can’t get over this mechanic. The ultimate plebe filter.

Every criticism is met with SALT HAHA SALT because they know they can't really defend the game at all.

>Lmao people still can’t get over this mechanic
Then why did I play with it for over 100 hours before I decided Lynel weapons look like garbage and I didn't want to constantly waste my time going on runs for them anymore when I could be doing other stuff? All I did was eliminate tedium and substitute ugly endgame weapons for ones that are more appealing to me. If you have a problem with that it's nothing but sour grapes

anotha one

You might as well edit all the *?* blocks in Super Mario Bros so they all give you mushrooms you fucking dunce shitter.

>It's so much more fun if you use a cheat engine to get everything for free

The ending was such a let down. The game itself is great but damn i expected more at the end.

Don't use BR2049 for shitposting fag.

Has anyone using a cheat engine payed the 50k price for the hylian house to see the dialogue?

Lol mad. I did nothing but circumvent tedious shit and make the game more enjoyable for myself with weapons and gear I like. Nothing was stopping me from getting the Lynel weapons for that matter, because Lynel fights are a fucking cakewalk, they just take too long to travel to and kill on the regular. All I did was cut out the time it would have taken me, I would have gotten weapons equivalent to what I edited in regardless, the only difference is time wasted. You're just upset because you HAD to go chase down Lynels or stop whatever you were doing to scour Hyrule Castle every time your weapons were in danger, I didn't.

Nintendo created 2 GOAT games in one year. The shitposting got out of control because sony fanboys can't handle that

Based Tear Poster.

Took you long enough bro. Don't keep me waiting next time.

>Awards matter when a game I like gets them

Fuck off retard. BOTW is great though

more like he should it the block where it just gives you Starman and it is infinite.

>>Hyrule Castle 9/10
I don't know about that. I mean, you do have an option to skip 99% of the ''Dungeon'' and even if you explore the whole thing, what do you get? A ''secret'' shrine? Royal weapons that break after 10 hits? Avoiding guardians lasers? Zeldas room was kinda neat i guess and the library was....ok? I don't get the praise about hyrule castle. Again, you always have the option to just skip the entire thing, this isn't good level design, this is looser than lisa anns vagina.

Lmao how much of a shitter were you that you ran out of weapons and had to trek back to lynels? The game shits weapons out the ass and even basic mobs upgrade their gear after respawning so many times. No wonder you need cheat codes in a ducking Zelda game.

>>IT'S A FUCKING MASTERPIECE IDIOT, DON'T DARE TO CRITICIZE IT FUCKING SONYGGER

Sounds about right. I'm playing BotW right now. While it isn't a bad game by any means, I definitely had more fun playing HZD.

HZD?
Hyrule Zoid Dingus?

That horizon game with the very ugly girl protag.

Nothing in the game is even as close to being as good as Lynel weapons, and I didn't run out because there's that whole infinite durability glitch(?) thing that you can exploit when you fight lynels anyway, where mounting them repeatedly costs you nothing. It's not hard, it's not a test of skill, it's not some epic deep mechanic that varies the combat, it's a waste of time and my experience was no worse off for eliminating it.

Ah, i see, i didn't had any interest in that game honestly.

It's both.

So you have shit taste? Is that a feature now?

>Emulate it
>Boring garbage streamerbait that feels like an Early Access Kickstarter game
>Play Majora's Mask instead

kek

It's not. It's really not. The mechanics shine on Great Plateau and Eventide but are trivial everywhere else. The exploration is bad because shrines and korok seed puzzles are utterly uninteresting. BotW's world is one of telegraphed obviousness where almost all the surprise is gone after just a few hours. It got to the point where I stopped investigating conspicuous rocks/trees etc because I knew they would just lead to Koroks.

The game could have been so much better. Calling it a masterpiece just means you are way too easily impressed and your standards are not high enough.

>frogposter
>prefers Majora's Fedora
>has shit taste
Like clockwork.

Shut up faggot nobody cares about your desperate nitpicks.

Tell me your top 10. No seriously, if BotW is mediocre to you, I REALLY want to know what your top 10 is.

BASED FROGPOSTER

>desperate nitpicks.

They are fundamental flaws with the game that suck the joy out of the experience. They are not nitpicks and they are not desperate, they are flaws that are front and center every time I play.

The world is just boring to explore and the mechanics are not utilized properly outside of Eventide and the Great Plateau. This is apparent all the time when playing it.

Watch him overrate some clunky garbage like Gothic 2 to pretend superior taste.

>reddit

>mother

>fucking

>spacing

>Play Majora's Mask instead
Sure kid, go watch ben's drowned creepypastas after that.

>substantiates desperate nitpicks with hot opinions
I'd reply to this dumb predictable shit seriously but we've been having this dance for a year now.

Solid 8 for me but I agree, the dick sucking for the game is all kinds of pathetic. It's okay to think it's a masterpiece but getting triggered over the very mention that someone didn't think it's perfect is just sad. This was especially the case when the last DLC came out.

I think is a good game and really worth the $60, but way overrated.

But at the same time how else would a good, open world Zelda game be received, anyway? It's like a GOTY recepie.

Everyone says the exploration is so amazing, but I felt the opposite. I hated exploring in BotW because I get zero enjoyment from:

>shrines
>seeds
>environmental puzzles that obviously lead to shrines (like thundra plateua)
>conspicuous things in the environment (a lone flower, formation of stones) that is obviously a korok
>bokoblin encampments
>the generously named "random events" that are just the same thing, bokoblins attacking civilians. people even call the yiga attacking you a random event but that gets so tedious and boring so quickly.

I do not enjoy stumbling upon these at all because they are not interesting to discover nor do they reveal anything more about the world. And when exploring this is what you are going to come across almost all of the time. It's just a boring world that is total shit at environmental storytelling and doesn't draw me in. It's filled with stupid camps and stupid puzzles instead of compelling mysteries or landmarks. I like exploring a world where it feels like it wasn't made for me, where it feels like it was a world of its own before I showed up but BotW does not feel that way.

For every person who says that, there are at LEAST 3 salty falseflaggers claiming it to be completely horrible with no redeeming qualities.

So yeah, it's almost an underrated game, if you go by only what you hear on Cred Forums

Skyward sword was both richer in content and story than this one. The visuals were amazing but the story is almost non existant "WE WUZ TECHNOLOGICAL" It sure makes you want to explore, wondering what happened to Hyrule.

I won't defend it tooth and nail but it was a great game. My only complaint was that shitty excuse for a season pass and that is optional so it doesn't affect my view of the game.

>Skyward sword was both richer in content and s
Nah fuck it, not reading this obvious bait.

Zelda with voiceacting. No one mentioned this so the first time I was watching someone playing it and nigger nose bitch talked, I freaked out.

I was so disappointed in it that I went and replayed Ocarina of Time for the billionth time and had a far more enjoyable experience. Then I came to Cred Forums and felt even worse.
You guys are welcome to love BotW all you want, but you act like real assholes if anyone dares to say they don't like the game as much as you did. It feels like I'm talking to children when that happens, which I probably am considering.

>it's a I disagree with opinions episode

How trite.

Bump.

It's my favorite game now.

I played it for 80 hours and thought it was shit.

The Great Plateau is a masterpiece. The rest of the game is not and feels unfinished. Pretty much all sense of wonder is gone when you leave the Plateau because you quickly realize the world's rules and you are engaging in repetitive gameplay loops over and over.

I dunno why it gets so much hate here in Cred Forums bug god damn, they explained a bunch of things in that game.

Bump tsu-

Man i can't wait to collect more LITERAL shit!

uhhhhhh this game fucking sucks

>Cred Forums opinions are in absolutes
>also water is a liquid, more news at 10

>And when exploring this is what you are going to come across almost all of the time

That’s the point. Most of Cred Forums like to claim they are above cookie-cutter AAA games yet their minds are poisoned by said AAA games to go through the same motions and expectations in other games. There’s no trophy for getting all the seeds. There’s no trophy for doing all the shrines. They are laid out as such so players can come across enough going any direction they please after leaving the plateau to have enough inventory and health upgrades so they aren’t struggling with three hearts, one stamina bar, and 6 weapon slots.

Hmmmmm imagine being desperate enough to do this, it's not even funny and it always gets reposted by the same sad loser.
All we need now is Doug Harris AKA ACfag and this thread is complete.

Whats the point? Im going to give you a list of my fav games then you will tell me I have shit taste. I know you are going to do this so why bother? I enjoyed almost all open world games over BotW and I enjoyed many, many games more than BotW. Its boring, obvious world of unnatural environmental puzzles did nothing to excite me

It's because hyrule castle is the ONLY actual level design in the game, they overhype it because it looks so good compared to the rest of the vast empty world

Bump

Even if you're not trying to get them all, its still shit for exploration. Instead of feeling like a deep, mysterious world it feels like a surface level world of boring collectibles and silly puzzles for Link. Why are so many things in this world just laid out for Link? Feels artificial as fuck.

>too coward to name his top 10
Like clockwork. Your opinion is worthless.

There is just a massive hypocrisy, somehow Ubisoft towers and MMO fetch quests are great when Nintendo does it.

But every divine beast is better than hyrule castle. All 5 of them.

This.

>Coming to Cred Forums to discuss games
It's not 2007 anymore, user. Cred Forums hasn't been a place to discuss games in years.

One of the most Jewish things that Nintendo has done was to lock Link costumes behind Amiibos

And the most sad and surprising thing is that no one called on their bullshit

So did you ignore the shattered Twilight Mirror? The Arbiter's Grounds covered in sand? The old Lon Lon Ranch broken down and abandoned? The Leviathan skeletons tucked away in the corners of the world? The three elemental dragons that are suspiciously named after the goddesses? All the landmarks in the game that were named after figures, locations or events from the past? I'm not saying your point isn't valid to an extent or that you're wrong for not enjoying the shrine quests even though I thought they were cool, but to say the game doesn't have any sort of world cohesion is just wrong.

>Loves Botw
>coming here for a year
>”salt”
Why even leave reddit?

Hahahahaahahaha, those threads on Cred Forums when Zelda came out and Nintenbros were telling people to go and vote on metacrit 100/100 and 0/100 on Horizon. Yeah, sureeeeeee!

whats wrong user too poor for amiibo
top kek

Bump Yon.
Do you want me to post mine first...?

Remember when Nintenbros DDoS Jim Sterling site for giving it a regular score?

places to discuss video games with intelligent people?

its fun watching nintenbros prove posters right.

>do Jewish shit
>not be Nintendo
If it doesn’t satisfy both requirements it’s good game design you toxic fuck.

yes, it is a solid 8.5, don't let em tell you otherwise

camel is the only good one and DLC dungeon is beyond trash

Fine. If I had to say my top 10 favorite games of all time it would probably look like this:

Super Mario 64
Morrowind
Zelda 2
Terraria
Witcher 3
GTA IV
Red Dead Redemption
Lost Levels
Gears of War
Paper Mario

Go ahead and tell me that my taste is shit. You are probably going to tell me I've been conditioned by these shitty open world games like GTA and Witcher and that's why I dont like BotW. But no, I can appreciate a game that doesn't make use of quest markers and emphasizes exploration. I just don't think BotW really fulfills this love of exploration, it's world is just boring.

>click on BotW thread
>a full year later and Cred Forums is still anally devestated because they got BTFO by Nintendo.
>shitters still sperging and trying recton the past 12 months
>BotW will win The GDC Award next month

Absolute perfection. I hope you never get over it Cred Forums.

Zerda: Fart of the Shitch.

This.

Best post so far

all soyshit

this

as if the original was any different?

Best game of the generation and only retards with shit taste think otherwise, this is the only correct opinion and you're an autistic faggot if you disagree.

This is the safest list you could come up with. You're clearly under 20, your opinion is worthless and reading your opinionated drivel has been confirmed for a waste of time. Go smoke weed out of peer pressure like the child you are.

they are free on Cemu

>come to Cred Forums to discuss it

Absolute horseshit, I very rarely ever see people give others shit if they expressed their opinions in a half decent manor. 99% sure OP went
>this game is overrated as fuck, just goes to show that Nintendo babies will eat anything Nintendo shits out

If you're willing to prove me wrong OP, show the thread where this happened.

The only thing anyone would be close to “mad” about is how badly infected this place is with nintendogafitus.

I pirated the amiibos, but holy shit, paying over 100 american dollars for some McDonald's toys should be a crime

This
A couple more years until it reaches Dark Souls 2 levels of daily Cred Forums butthurt

Why does people disliking BotW make you so utterly mad?

But paying hundreds of dollars on lootboxes for Overwatch is seen as 'normal' and 'just part of the medium'

>It's just cosmetics, it doesn't impact the game!!!

Post your top 10 then you fucking asshole

Thats shit too

*manner

Your actually retarded, no one defends lootboxes.

It doesn't make me mad, people can dislike whatever they want. What makes me mad are children like you trying to pass their opinionated drivel as fact then post a PCGamer top 10 list as if it was their own to deflect criticism. It's pathetic. If you want to fit in a community that badly this is not the place for you.

how come when critics say vague shit like "the world is amazing to explore" everyone just says its objective criticism, but when people shit on the game and point out negative things like shrines, seeds, enemies, etc people say "oh thats just opinionated drivel"

Overwatch is shit too but at least you can get lootboxes by playing normally

SEETHING

System Shock
GTA San Andreas
Breath of the Wild
MGS2
Super Mario World
Final Fantasy Tactics
Kingdom Hearts 2
A Link to the Past
Half Life
Doom 2

When BotW 2: Electric Boogaloo comes out and fixes all the games problems will people finally be able to admit this game is heavily flawed?

>What makes me mad are children like you trying to pass their opinionated drivel as fact then post a PCGamer top 10 list as if it was their own to deflect criticism.

Many of those games would not appear on any top 10 list you idiot. That is my list. You clearly cant find anything to criticize so you have to resort to saying Im faking my own list just so you can justify why my posts are shit.

Seriously. This is the state of you. You have to accuse me of lying about my favorite games just so you can tell yourself everything i have to say is totally worthless. This is how desperate you are to deflect any criticism of BotW.

Lmao that is just as safe, not even the other guy.

Not an argument manbaby.

>Super Mario 64
Nice. Funny how they nailed the movement from the very first 3D mario platformer and haven't been able to surpas it ever since. My only flaws with the game are the Lack of OST. Seriously it has like, 6-7 tracks or something. And the very non-mario like environments that have a very spooky feeling to it.
>Morrowind
Well, nice, not much to say, a universally agreed upon amazing game but unlike sm64, it hasn't aged well.
>Zelda 2
wow, unique choice i guess. Why though?
>Terraria
Disagree with this one. I have a friend who has sunk a thousand hours into it and i will never understand why.
>Witcher 3
I don't understand this one either. The combat is bad, the environments are bland as hell, you just don't care about anyone in the game and gerald is a simple character who is easy to write. The dungeon designs are abysmal, the mini-bosses are trash just like the very, VERY disappointing Griffin tutorial boss (which has NOTHING to do with the trailer we saw at E3). I don't know. I played the game for 15 hours before dropping it. I guess it is not for me, i hated every single second of it.
>GTA IV
I got saturated with GTA games after san andreas. Though i understand why people still love those games.
>Red Dead Redemption
Never played it. But considering that you really like GTA4, i can see why.
>Lost Levels
Mario 2? Well, yeah, great game. I still prefer the engine and momemtum of sb3 but i appreciate the challenge in Lost Levels.
>Gears of War
Just, no dude, no.
>Paper Mario
Glad you like this more than TTYD. I do, too.
Overall pretty decent list, didn't expect that. I would've put BotW above everything you listed though, maybe not sm64.

This is a more generic, safe list than this You have absolutely no ground to stand on here.

shit taste

That's even safer than the other dude's

Also ignore the other posts, i am the guy who asked you.

This completely, you are truly free in this game but difficulty ceases to exist when you figure out how the world works. I loved the game but quickly got burnt out on mastermode

Thank you for being so nice and understanding.

I really liked the game, but every time I try to bring up criticisms I get hit back with a mental gymnasics team arguing everything is bad when in an ubi game but good in a Zelda game. Every damn time.

What criticism? I only see nitpicks and opinionated drivel.
Post yours then you fucking fags.

The game IS pretty bad. It's the Fallout 3 of Zelda games.

the map was too big for its own sake

things i want in the next zelda

>better music, way better
>dungeons
>areas that are more differentiated by different enemies, structures
>NPCs that are more involved in whats going on in the world and more interesting quests
>less of a focus on gathering tons of materials
>not a post apocalyptic world but one with a lot of stuff going on
>less technology, more magic
>better swimming

I'm not the one criticizing others for their safe taste while having equally "safe" taste. Talk shit get hit.

GTA IV
Uncharted 2
Red Dead Redemption
Skyrim
The Walking Dead
GTA V
Dragon Age Inquisition
The Witcher 3
Overwatch
BotW

no because nintendorks can't stand being wrong and having shit taste.

I just don't think there's much to see in the overworld. Which is why I never understood the big deal about the exploration.

everytime someone posts what botw does well it's countered with LOL DOESNT COUNT UBISOFT TOWERS BABBY'S FIRST OPEN WORLD

don't project, the game has been shitposted to death far more than it's been shilled

There is no other game where the mechanics are this involved or intricate.

>it's countered with LOL DOESNT COUNT UBISOFT TOWERS BABBY'S FIRST OPEN WORLD
except people routinely try and do long thought out posts only to get SEETHING posted since nintenbros can't into arguements.

The only thing BotW does well is how elements (fire, rain, cold) react to your items. That's really it. I think that for everything else (world design, dungeons, story, enemies, combat, music) it leaves a TON to be desired.

>The only thing BotW does well
see this is the kind of ridiculous garbage that makes it impossible to discuss this game in this autistic shithole

it's all retarded contrarian hyperbole

I mean if exploration isn't your thing I can see why the game isn't your cup of tea but there is stuff. The Dragons, Fairy Fountains, Spirit of The Mountains, Overworld Bosses, Giant Horse, Shrines of corse, mini games, roaming monstershops, and probably other stuff

Well tell me about Zelda 2, why do you like it so much? My list btw, in no specific order, i think i will do a top 20 because i can't decide:
>DMC3
>Smash bros. Melee
>Majora's Mask
>BotW
>Super mario world
>Conkers bad fur day
>Super metroid
>Resident Evil 4
>Mario Party 2
>F-zero GX
>TMNT 4 Tourtles in time
>star fox 64
>Metroid prime
>Xenoblade
>SotC
>Mario kart double dash
>Kirbys adventure
>Mega Man 9
>Earthbound
>Metal Gear Rising
>Dota 1
>Half Life 2

No its just full of assblasted haters or shitters who don't understand what Game Design is. I've been laughing my ass off for a full year now.

>>IT'S A FUCKING MASTERPIECE IDIOT, DON'T DARE TO CRITICIZE IT FUCKING SONYGGER
>implying Cred Forums doesn't have round the clock threads talking about how BotW is fucking terrible, it's overrated, it sucks, Nintenbabies will eat up whatever Nintendo shits out on the Shitch, etc etc

Get real, you fucking mong.

The thing is, many of those things end up being rather disappointing when you encounter them. They offer some really great moments initially, but when you interact with them a bit more they reveal themselves as somewhat shallow and bland.
That was a recurring theme for me "Wow this is really great!" to "Wait that's really all there is to this...?"

Nah their cult leader won't let that happen. They still praise Shitward Sword after all

You don't realize the deisgned simplicity of the overworld do you? If you use headphones you can hear the lands around you
Enlighten us on good game design user with other games

Might as well contribute since everyone else is.

Well isn't that going to happen to every game at some point? I don't see the argument here.

Or it’s the fact every time someone cites criticisms gaffers show up to say shit like
>retarded contrarian hyperbole
Of both of your posts yours is the least constructive. And that’s how this shit usually goes in botw threads.

I love Kass!

Look at this cocksucker.
>the game is objectively good
>any and all complaints are subjective SHUT THE FUCK UP IF YOU THINK OTHERWISE

u mad?

>You don't realize the deisgned simplicity of the overworld do you? If you use headphones you can hear the lands around you

..Have you played other open world games? Many of them have great sound design.

Shut up faggot post your top 10 or stop posting

Wow that's a bunch of actually decent titles

97 10/10 GOTY. You mad?

>m-muh game journos

I understand that there is stuff but in such a large world it still feels like the vast majority of the time you are coming across really boring stuff. The overworld bosses lose their surprise after a very short time. Shrines are not at all interesting to come across.

I guess I wanted to find more signs of life when exploring, more interesting ruins, buildings, smaller villages, caves, dungeons with lore, etc. And I wish there were denser forests, and maybe you could come across magical parts of the world like fairy fountain pools (not the pods but just ponds of fairies).

The only thing I thought that was really cool while exploring was the dragons and finding kilton in skull lake

No just try playing the game with headphones, you're like apart of nature. I don't know what you're trying to critize about it

Both are good, what now?

TLoU is a movie not a game. Destroy your PS4 sonybro bitch

all I'm seeing here is subjective criticisms, feelings, je ne sais quoi, reductionist arguments, hyperbole and not a real "X" game.
All we need now is image macro spamming about feminine males and faggots. And the thread is complete. ACFag is already here too.

>People still reply to journofag/ACfag one year later
unbelievable

wheres the third button where both games are legit 10/10s

UHOH

WHERE'S THE BATHROOM

I NEED TO TAKE A SHITCH

>It's very easy to OBJECTIVELY explain why BotW is a masterpiece of Game Design.
I'm not sure if this is copypasta itself or if it just repeats itself a lot but it's always amusing to see this sentence that is never followed up with an explanation despite it being "very easy".

>So it's a good tech demo
Just because there are many decent mechanics doesn't mean that much when there is very little properly substantial feeling unique content.
I mean the world is by no means empty but it's missing something substantial.
The Divine beasts are just navigational puzzles (and annoyingly handholdy ones at that since every single one will break up the repetitive layout with unskippable dialogue for every single terminal and whatever you complete even in the last divine beast you do.) with the less complicated divine beasts having puzzles that almost solve themselves just by fiddling with the different orientations.
The shrines all look identical and for the most part are uninteresting which is something I feel like I can say, having done over 70 of them, though I may have hit a disproportionate number of the samey combat arenas and mediocre blessing shrines that lead in from fairly unchallenging overworld puzzles. They also don't feel like part of the overworld and have the same clear cut purpose in all cases which is to test you so they are boring thematically as well as being boring from an aesthetic and gameplay standpoint.
Overworld exploration is neat and there is plenty of uniqueish stuff to find but that alone can barely sustain a game, especially if there are so few enemy types and fighting them in different environments really doesn't break that up at all and Koroks are just something to keep you actively looking around.
They explained why they didn't want to do actual dungeons with items but that's what I feel is missing, something that properly brings all those elements together that sets itself apart both thematically and aesthetically.

This is your average Zelda thread.

>unironically defending TLOU

Who let neogaf in?

It's okay when Nintendo has disc locked content you fucking moron.

>Enlighten us on good game design user with other games
Mario 64 is a good example of good Game Design.

Prior to Mario 64, 3D gaming was broken as fuck. Many developers were trying to adapt a 2D gaming formula into 3D - linear stage design, play through the level, get to the goal, advance to the next stage. It was a mess.

Nintendo changed gaming forever with Mario 64.

Nintendo gave Mario 64 a hub area, with the levels accessible from this hub. The idea is that the player would play these levels multiple times with different objectives.

The design of this is ingenious:

1) levels are non-linear in design, creating a sand box environment to explore rather than a series to obstacles to navigate. i.e. Nintendo automatically made 3D gaming fun and engaging right off the fucking bat.

2) having a small number of levels which get replayed multiple times allowed the developers to spend more time on making them memorable environments.

3) player progression through the game is locked behind the number of objectives completed in other levels. This allows the difficulty of the game to be dependent on the player's skill level. Need 10 stars to unlock the next world? You only have 9? Can't beat that tricky level? Don't worry try one of the easier ones and as you get better you can come back and try again.

4) player exploration is encouraged and incentivised and the player is conditioned to marry 3D spatial awareness with their skill set. That ledge up there looks interesting but its too high to jump to? If only you could master the triple-jump or jump off that wall to reach higher.

5) having different objectives in each level allows the play style to constantly change, remain refreshing and always surprising. You never know what you might have to deal with next time you play that level.

The simple fact is that every single platform game after Mario 64 copied it's game design. Games like Mario 64 and BotW only come around once a decade.or so.

Doug Harris AKA ACfag, did you look for professional help as I told you to?

I feel like you could make a good argument for why an isolated part of the game, Eventide, is a masterpiece of game design

But the game as a whole? It renders almost all the great mechanics trivial outside of that area.

My point is how quickly it happened with BOTW. Especially with the dragons, you see it flying in the distance at night, or maybe it suddenly appears above you and you think "Holy shit this is amazing!" and then you find out, usually within 5 minutes, that all you can do with them is shoot it to get a rare item and that immediately turns to "Wait, that's all they do?". They have no interaction with anything in the world except for one of them in the zora region that you need to shoot some purple zits off of, but that's the same thing as you do with all the other dragons, just in a slightly longer form.
Beyond the environmental interactions Link has, the game is ridiculously shallow.

IT'S A FUCKING MASTERPIECE IDIOT, DON'T DARE TO CRITICIZE IT FUCKING SONYGGER

Anti-nintendofags are honestly worse then nintendofags. Nintendofags are at least passionate for what they like. Antinintendo fags are passionate about something they actively dislike for some reason. How can you honestly spend your limited time shitposting and complaining about what other people like.

>B-but nintendofags it first!!!!! That means I HAVE to shitpost!!!

And you guys act like nintendofags are the manchildren.

>all I'm seeing here is subjective criticisms, feelings, je ne sais quoi, reductionist arguments, hyperbole

You could easily say this for the praise as well. When critics gush about how amazing the world is that comes across as just as subjective and their feelings

I did look for professional help as a matter of fact. They told me how nonsensical it is that people blindly put trust in websites like kotaku and polygon, and they praised me for being a beacon of hope in a sea of idiots.

I'm not anti Nintendo, I own the switch, I just think BotW sucks and could have been way better

>No just try playing the game with headphones, you're like apart of nature.

Once again play other open worlds. If you play GTAV with headphones and walk in the wildnerness or near the roads the sound design is equally as immersive if not more so

Wow what a bunch of safe shit games. No wonder you like botw, it fits right in with all the other terrible opinions you hold.

I thought the Zora Monuments and Lord of the Mountains needing more than max Stamina to tame were nice finds in general. Same with the "8th Heroine" thing for the Gerudo, there's more than that but the Rito and Goron's had nothing

I'd bump it from 8.5 to 9, but I'm a little biased since I love this style of game

>Play this
>Enjoy it, complete all shrines and beat game
>"Good game, it has its flaws but it's solid, 8.5/10"
>ZELDA IS SHIT NINTENDO BONUS 5/10 SHIT

I liked the wii u. I also like botw.

i could but Zelda is certified GOTY by "critics standards" and "comfy" by Cred Forums standards so i don't give a fuck.

So you didn't look for help, Doug? You see, that won't do. Maybe a few concerned anons might contact your family since you're unable to look for help.

>literally 3-4 enemies
>boss fights developed by mentally retarded child as a game dev experiment
>get every single item and ability you will use for the next 30-60 hours in the first 30 minutes (other than super jump beast power)
>vast vast majority of the map serves to fill space/as korok seed holder
>75% of shrines are the same, 90% of korok seeds are same thing over and over

first time going into new environments was cool, first time seeing flying dragon and sand monster was cool everything other than that was incredibly average. entertaining once and not worth revisiting

Not everyone likes your Assassins Creed game get over it you toddlers.

>having discussion is bad
>arguing against people being biased is bad

>being this angry because people dare to have a different opinion from you

GTAV has a more impressive, natural topography. BotW has a strange lack of natural curviness and land gradiations

You literally could not have proved OP's point harder if you tried. So much so I'm convinced you're probably OP.

Post yours faggot.

This.
ITT Nintendies getting blown the absolute fuck out as always

>Literally three enemies
zelda.gamepedia.com/Enemies_in_Breath_of_the_Wild

No point in playing Bore of the Wild if you have GTA.

Yes I'm very "angry" Doug. Almost as angry as you.

seeI dare you to criticize these games without using buzzwords.

ohnonono

>ACfag is scared after shitting up the board for months
What are you scared of, Doug Harris AKA ACfag? That your family might make you look for professional help? How do you think they would react to one of the collages of your opinions anons have made?

>constructive
yeah because handwaving the dozen of points that have been repeated ad nauseam in defense of the game is "constructive"

kill yourself

Im not accusing (you) of being antinintendo, im just saying that I find antinintendofags to be more annoying actual nintendo fans, mostly because theyre just as guilty as nintendofags of eveything they accuse them of without the self awareness to realize it.

What fucking geography is this? Just to hide the lack of content.

>it was originally announced as a launch title with the Wii-U
no it wasn't

Even the ruins in BotW are boring as fuck. In most other games they make you wonder about the history of the world but in BotW they don't even conjure up that.

@407238014
Sorry user, I'm not even gonna entertain your posts any further. You have to be a real kind of stuck up douchebag to imply that anyone who doesn't agree with you is some kind of mental patient.

No more (You)s for you.

>indie shit
I play actual video games thank you very much.

the "we hired interns to make our map in 10 minutes using unity" geography

but that image proves his point. that topography looks unnatural, notice how its very "leveled" like they just stacked shelfs of rock on top of each other

Nope. I would but after seeing your terrible taste I think I'm ready to give up video games in general. How'd you get such a shit taste? Jesus Christ.

Doug is scared shitless guys. Maybe he's thinking that shitting up the board for two years wasn't that good of an idea after his name was leaked.

>indie shit
I said no buzzwords.How about an actual criticism?

rate my list fags

Urban Assault
Montezuma's return
Trespasser
Total Annihilation
Battlezone 2
Magic & Mayhem
Sven Coop
Natural Selection
Rust
Insurgency

How does Nintendo always pull it off lads? Always at the forefront of innovation.

>GTAV has a more impressive, natural topography. BotW has a strange lack of natural curviness and land gradiations
This is some desperate retardation. In the past year of BotW shitposting this might be the most laughable one yet.

b-but you can glide off them instead of jumping off

soy

but its true

>960x540

When did GTA get a Shitch port?

You get a parachute in AC:Bro

>counting electric versions of enemies as different from ice enemies
>counting bosses that show up once
>implying any of these other than like 1 require any different tactics at all other than the same freeze, dodge, attack
LUL

Some of those defenses aren’t seen as that strong by everyone. Also shitposting does not do a good job of proving you’re on the right side of things.

BotW doesn't even have hills that look as natural as this

they're optional and don't mark ques locations or a checklist of things to do, which is what made 'ubisoft towers' so notorious
not him but you're smoking some weird shit user

>forced tower that unlocks activities is the same as optional tower that shows topography
Shitposters are just broken at this point, it's sad to witness.

Ubisoft towers are also optional you retards.

Okay Nintendo fans. I invite you to argue to me why I should consider BOTW to be the best game of 2017. I don't care what game journos say, I don't care what you say. My opinion is all that matters in this context, and you have to convince me why it was better than everything else. If your game was so good, thjen you would easily be able to explain why.

Can you go 5 seconds without using a strawman?

maybe don't post at switch tier resolutions so we can actually see

The don't even reveal anything other than the map, no locations of anything. Its just pointless busywork, like most of the game. GTA does map exploration better by revealing it as you explore it.

No they're not, they unlock side activities.

they dont mark anything because there's nothing to mark

Once again this image shows just how utterly unnatural and unimpressive the topography is in BotW. Look how angular it is.

Bokoblin, Lizalfos, Moblin, Wizzrobe, Lynel, Chuchu, Guardian, Keese, Octorok, Plebbit, Blademaster, Foot soldier.

side activities that are....you guessed it! Optional!

Have fun in your sterile flat trajectory world mate.

Other than shrines or koroks what would there be to mark? Stables I guess?

Doug Harris AKA ACfag, nobody has to prove jack shit to you, your family will be contacted soon. You were told repeatedly to stop shitting up Cred Forums but you thought these websites have no accountability, same shit that happened to Quentin and Manly Tears.

>Look how angular it is.
lmao game ruined amarite?

>noooo this persons biases are different from mine!! I HAVE to show them how wrong they are.

I really dont care about how nintendo fans make you feel. I think its cute that you try to pretend youre actually discussing anything. Its just nintendofags and antinintendofags seeing who can shitpost harder, and in my opinion antinintendofags are winning.

I agree.
I personally love the game - have 200+ hours on it. It's memorable, the sense of discovery and history of Hyrule is often magnificent, however it has it's core gameplay flaws - People complain about weapons breaking, or it not being hard enough. These are valid opinions, and people can outright complain all they want about them, but remember, this is Nintendo's game, and what the developers invisioned. Often envisioned in masterful ways, but not perfect due to the voices of those playing it (or the voices in this game, lol)

I do believe it's a step in the right direction, but perfect? Nah.

GTAV is literally less flat, BotW is just a bunch of flat surfaces placed upon one another. Ride a dirtbike around V's world and you'll notice how more impressive the topography is

@407238931
>I'm gonna doxx someone because they dared to disagree with me

And you say others are mental?

Unless they changed this for later entries this isn't true for 1,2, or Brotherhood.

the topography of botw is done for design purposes, not realism purposes. It's not recreating any real-world locations like GTA does, instead they shape the terrain to draw the player's attention to certain areas as a form of game design for the physical world> Also see: drive.google.com/file/d/0Bz_UmRDesMyvQkdOWV9rVjlKaDQ/view
which don't have to be unlocked by a tower in botw, I think that was his point
there's around 80 quests INB4 >all shit

>the sense of discovery and history of Hyrule is often magnificent

I thought the lack of this was the worst part of the game.

It's too late to bargain, Doug. You were warned repeatedly.

There are literally dozens of threads a day shitting on the game.

Yeah but most of the quests start in the vilages and stables so there still wouldnt be much to mark

>Anons got so tired of his shitposting they found out who he was
Took them long enough.

there's many that begin outside of towns, especially in terms of shrine quests like eventide or thundra plateau

>they're optional and don't mark ques locations or a checklist of things to do
Then why are they in the game? Whats the point?

It's almost as if the Switch had one game when it was released.

I'm 25, and I'm tired of your stupid shit.

Central warp point in an area that is elevated enough so you can get a good view of the surrounding area and glide to a choice location for exploration.

>debate me so l can disregard everything you say with buzzwords ridden shitposts xD
l have a better idea, why don't you jump off the nearest bridge

>how nintendofags make you feel
The fuck did you get that from? Some people want to talk about the game from a subjective point of view, and to them the people who love the game unconditionally are just as annoying as the blind shitposters. I don’t know why you’d not want them to fuck off unless you agree with them on how infallible botw is.

I think I looked at it differently than you -- I thought the story was driven by the current state of Hyrule under Ganon's presence. Maybe the next game will be related to the rebuilding of Hyrule? Either way, I thought it was neat, though, some of the game could have been fleshed out more for sure. Often I found the enemies to be sparse, or there wasn't enough variety.

This screen shot shows what I really disliked about BotW. The world is so "open air" all the time that its boring. Never really feels like you're going on a journey from one place to another, and you can pretty much always see where you're going before you arrive. Never are you really surrounded by forests or high rocks, everything is so exposed.

to give you a clear view of the area and a spot to glide from, as well as fill in road markings/etc. for that region of the map. Some people treat them as an immediate goal when they reach a new region, but others prefer to skip them.

Doug, come on. You were so obnoxious when it came to shitposting, why aren't you this obnoxious now?

its amazing if youve never played gothic before

>Never really feels like you're going on a journey from one place to another, and you can pretty much always see where you're going before you arrive.
not really, I had to climb a pretty tall area to get a view like that, most of the time you'll be much lower down. Especially since climbing can be slow without the right gear or borderline impossible in the wrong conditions (like during rain). I feel "surrounded", as you described it, plenty of times - most notably in Faron since it storms so regularly there.

To me the problem was, once you learn about the calamity early on and how the sheikah built stuff, thats basically all there is for the lore so there's no real surprise when coming across most stuff in the world. You know its about the ruinage since the calamity.

Once again the children are literally incapable of taking even one tiny grain of criticism, and they lash out angrily against dissent. Why does it matter that some people don't like the game? Isn't it super popular and liked by everyone? So a few people critiqueing it isn't gonna destroy the game, right? I guess there's something you're not letting on.

>wahh it's a generic flying target shooter instead of generic whack-a-mole

see

But most of the people on Cred Forums pretending to have played this game hate it. Oh I see, this is a bait thread. Well then, fuck you OP.

>criticism
none of your posts are critical, Doug

>go to watch black panther
>suddenly a group of wild blacks run up to me ask me how the movie was
>tell them the cgi was kinda bad but was an ok movie
>they start screaming and chimping out
>calling me racist and cracker

Nobody agrees with me, but this game's draw distance and field of view, or the sense of scale, are just weird, and fucked. There's something very unimmersive about it. In BotW it seems like you can always see several regions ahead, which is weird. But when playing Skyrim for instance you usually just see the immediate area so the world feels a lot larger

>still bargaining
It's too late, Doug. You were warned repeatedly to stop shitting up Cred Forums. Several anons tried to warn you, one even told you to seek professional help. You were too fucking idiotic to understand that just because this is an anonymous website doesn't mean there's no accountability to your actions, and now you'll pay the price for your idiocy. I love how you desperately try to bring this back to "I j-j-just said I d-d-d-disliked the game" after fucking up Metroid and Zelda threads for years.

yeah who can forget your solid criticms on the game like this post I can't see any reason why people wouldn't find posts like that (which you post nearly every day) as obnoxious and presumptuous in any way

get a load of this pleb

I hear you on that front. The main quests needed some work too - It was hard for me to care about them. I still haven't played the DLC, so perhaps there's more story to tell that will convince me to like it more?

>In BotW it seems like you can always see several regions ahead, which is weird
only in clear skies, which is quite rare given how common cloudy and rainy weather are. I don't really get how seeing a farther distance is a bad thing, though? In real life the horizon line is a great distance away, user.

there's only 1 region in that image?

>In BotW it seems like you can always see several regions ahead, which is weird. But when playing Skyrim for instance you usually just see the immediate area so the world feels a lot larger
This retard doesn't understand Game Design.

They did that on purpose, apparently that's how they wanted to get people to keep exploring.
4gamer.net/games/341/G034168/20170901120/

Skyrim has 2 biomes retard. That's why they transition more naturally. Because there is just taiga plains and tundra.

Breath of the Wild has desert on one end of the map tundra on the other.

>going on a journey from one place to another, and you can pretty much always see where you're going before you arrive.

Yeah Nintendo keep the player's focus on the world in front of them rather than having staring at minimaps. Isn't it amazing how something so simple immediately shits all over every other open world game?

I think the game is definitely a step-up as far as open-world games go but there is certainly room for improvement. Maybe tone down the scale a bit and add content with more substance and uniqueness and less copypasting. Nintendo build a good "base" game but I am afraid that they might grow complacent from the dicksucking though.

>plains
>tundra
>snowy mountains
>pine forest
>rocky highlands
>autumnal forest
>ashlands (DLC)

But they don't count because MUH DESERT LEVEL MUH LAVA LEVEL BING BING WAHOOOOO?

there's also swampland in the southeast

I'm stealing this for pasta.

you mean the hot springs? I forgot about that because it's so small

Ashlands is a place you reach on ship that isn't part of the main map.

sorry, i mean southwest. basically i'm retarded, but it's near Markarth

>super jump
>super block
>lightning strike
>resurrection

northwest near solitude?

People say they don't count because they're just various shades of puke green and grey.

>Making vague distinctions between immensely similar biomes to make it seem more varied than it is

>>literally 3-4 enemie
Lies
>>boss fights developed by mentally retarded child as a game dev experiment
Ok
>>get every single item and ability you will use for the next 30-60 hours in the first 30 minutes (other than super jump beast power)
Lies
>>vast vast majority of the map serves to fill space/as korok seed holder
Wat?
% of shrines are the same
Lies

No wonder every one laughs at shitters.

>Y-you can't take criticism!

Because its all bullshit kid. Cry some more.

The game is a solid 8/10
The world, exploration, and combat are all top tier
But the plot is massive ass, characters are pretty much non-existant, and it's missing a lot of the usual Zelda charm.
It's an amazing game but a pretty meh Zelda game

Sorry it isn't a badly designed themepark world like Zelda

>characters are pretty much non-existant
huh? I thought the characters in the game were fine. Good, even.

Yeah, it's just a badly designed world period.

>themeparks are bad

>badly designed
in what way?

Realismfags need to fuck off. Breath of the Wild's map was faithful to the Zelda map that has existed since the first game.

Skyrim's map has more variety than Morrowind's map too but it's still fucking boring compared to Morrowind.

Compare any character in BOTW that isn't Zelda to any main character in other Zelda game. Groose is there for the entire game and has character development and is a lovable character with some of the msot memorable scenes in the game. Midna is there for the entire game and is porbably the most lovable partner character in all of Zelda. Linebeck in phantom hourglass....etc. Meanwhile in BOTW all the "main" characters like Sidon and the other guardians, are on screen for literally no more than 10 minutes before you never see them again, any character that wasn't Zelda just got kinda pushed to the side, and the DLC gives them like an extra 5 minutes at most. I dunno, rubbed me the wrong way because the lovable characters are a big part of Zelda for me and there weren't any in this one

oh I thought you meant characters in general, as there's some nice NPCs in BotW that remind me of how NPCs behaved in MM.

So Breath of the Wild is shit because the characters don't get 10 hours of cut scenes each? Fuck off.

Batman Arkham Knight
007 Nightfire
Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg
Blood
Attila Total War
REmake
Sonic 3
Okami
Chu Chu Rocket
Spartan Total Warrior

>Play this

>lovable character
>dude he's so clumsy and funny lol
>what if he did something silly
>lol
>lol
>look how funneeeeh he isss!!!!
no

Fuck this was such a disappointment. Seeing the dragons flying mysteriously in the distance was great. Then when you go up to them they don't do anything apart from shoot at you and act as a glorified loot dispenser.

I thought the same as you, OP:
It`s great and deserved that GOTY, but it could`ve been done better.

>So the game is shit?
I literally said that the game is a solid 8/10 and I complemented every other aspect of the game
And no, 10 hours would be excessive, the opposite problem of how 10 minutes is too little.
Stop making up a strawmen and actually make a point

>yeah who can forget your solid criticms on the game like this post (You) I can't see any reason why people wouldn't find posts like that (which you post nearly every day) as obnoxious and presumptuous in any way

When you don't like it, it's spam. When you DO like it, it's "BTFO'ing those sonybros".

It's not a mess of abrupt biome changes and nonexistent worldbuilding

I really liked the naydra dragon fight, it was mostly spectacle of course but I still really enjoyed it and it blew me away as I didn't see any of it coming. After stumbling across Farosh first I thought the dragons would only be a rare thing for getting scales. I get what you're saying though, although I'm not sure how they could've designed a full dragon bossfight without running into technical problems or the fights being skyrim-tier shit.

Literally EVERY SINGLE CHARACTER has their own backstory and development. Nintendo created a living breathing ecosystem that no game has ever managed to come close to previously

>majora style sequel
skip the time travel bullshit and i might be interested

>EVERY SINGLE CHARACTER

all 6 of them

it's a fantasy series, aiming for realism is pointless. It's better that they aim for game design over realism imo. Worldbuilding has very little to do with the terraforming of the landscape, even so there are allusions to things based on how the world is shaped - such as the gaping hole in Hebra. Not that I'm saying you're wrong, I'm just not seeing where you're coming from here.

I was hoping for something like that flying desert colossus where you chase it on your horse, jump to it and then run along its back hundreds of feet in the air

>453x253
yeah, no you didn't play it you falseflagging piece of shit

What game? Sounds dope.

IT'S TOO LATE TO BARGAIN DOUG. TOO LATE. DEAL WITH THE CONSEQUENCES OF YOUR ACTIONS LIKE A MAN.

would be dope as hell, but SotC only managed to get away with it in a very simple environment without other creatures or NPCs ever being present, I'm not sure how this would work for the dragons in BotW given that they appear around populated and dense areas like the jungle.

There's little discernible difference between locations, first of all. Important land marks are garbage second of all. BOTW is supposed to be a ruined kingdom and yet it feels more alive than Skyrim does. The trek through the world is so awful most people would prefer to fast travel instead.

So I have won the argument. Good to know you accept defeat.

>Development
Lies, the 10 minutes we see most of these characters are introductions and nothing more

Guys guys guys I playe dBotW but it wasn't exactly what I wanted so I played OoT again and it was everything I wanted from Zelda why does anyone fool themselves into liking what I dislike can't they all stop pretending and go play HZD?

>coming to Cred Forums for videogames
That was your problem, this is a shitpostibg board

Thats true I guess, maybe have the dragon fly over an open plain or move one of them to the desert?

>There's little discernible difference between locations
what, how? Are you seriously telling me you can't tell apart a desert and a jungle, or snowy peaks and lava lakes surrounding a volcano? I wouldn't go as far to say that every region is distinct, but there is a lot of variety overall.
>Important land marks are garbage second of all.
obviously a matter of personal taste, but can you elaborate on why you feel this way?
>BOTW is supposed to be a ruined kingdom
not exactly, it's set 100 years after the kingdom was ruined, meaning new settlements were able to be built back and life is coming back into the world, that's even why it's called "breath of the wild" - as in, life is being "breathed" back into the world after the great calamity.

>maybe have the dragon fly over an open plain
technically that's what Naydra does, which is probably why Naydra is the only one that has somewhat of a fight associated with it - if you could only grab onto the dragons as well (instead of being knocked off them) then you'd basically have what you wanted right there; just allow the player to climb (Naydra) and require them to slash the eyes with their sword instead of being able to shoot them.
>or move one of them to the desert?
idk, there's already the Molduga there and I think having a dragon there could clash with that.

You guys don't understand, even BotW's most rabid defenders realize deep down that the game is an 8/10. This isn't about the quality of the game to them, it's about having a weapon to use in their one-sided holy war against the evil Sony empire, who according to them, used their money and SJW influence to corrupt every gaming community on the internet. This isn't simply about liking a game to BotW fans, they actually believe they're a group of ragtag freedom fighters saving gaming. This isn't a Nintendo thing either, you don't see this kind of behavior from Super Mario Odyssey or Xenoblade 2 fans, this is entirely exclusive to BotW fans. They're an embarrassment to Zelda fans and Nintendo fans alike.

>8.5
Which means every other game is like a 7. Im tired of you retards making up numbers and not having a sense of scaling. If you think botw is anything less than a 95 name some games youd rate higher in its category.

>it's about having a weapon to use in their one-sided holy war against the evil Sony empire, who according to them, used their money and SJW influence to corrupt every gaming community on the internet
Imagine being this paranoid.

THIS. Go to reddit for discussion and Cred Forums for shit posting

this is the kind of autism nintendo provoke

consider suicide

I still feel the game is a 9.5/10 and I don't give a shit about fanboy wars in the slightest, I just really enjoyed the game in spite of some of its flaws (which didn't detract from the experience for me)

Yeah, imagine being a paranoid BotW fanboy who thinks Sony owns the entire internet.

friendly reminder that it takes two to tango.

Skyrim is already a 9.9 and Skyrim 2 will be a 10

you think skyrim is a 9.9? why?

Because of the amount of freedom you get

Link to any time someone has said this, please?

most quests you can only do one way, oblivion has better quests

Those flaws should make you hate the game and agree with me.

Skyward sword

Yeah but at least I don’t have to deal with dog shit animations and the most generic and pathetic setting for a game. Also I don’t have to look at potato faces every couple of seconds.

see

Go discuss it on reddit.

Reminder that Marx was a poorfag who leeched off his friends his entire life because he couldn’t hold a real job.

I'd still take the better quests (and gameplay) of oblivion over skyrim tbqh

That's perfectly fine. But why autistically attack anyone who doesn't agree with you?

8.5 before ending
5.5 when you come across the whole game knowing most of the grinding is useless

That was the best thing in MM and the entire point "You can't save everybody, someone is gonna be fucked"

are you implying I do that?

There is no argument to be had you delusional moron, just some dumb fuck shitting up threads and people rightfully tired of him. Stop thinking that you can argue your way out of this. Nobody argues with you because you're not thinking from logic, and your "arguments" are inconsistent and nonsensical.

>gameplay
A shit leveling system and the same basic swinging animation for 500 hours no thanks

wait are we talking about oblivion or skyrim now? as both games suffer from those things. I never said I liked TES series overall, just that Oblivion has the better quests and is therefore marginally better than skyrim.

Is chinese inspired you freaking idiot

You are really naive if you think you can have a mature dicussion on Cred Forums. I laugh every time someone unironically asks about "Cred Forums" opinion on something.

More like "We have limited resources from OoT cut content so lets make up a plot reason to use the same ones over and over"

You reported my post, Doug Harris AKA ACfag. You're scared shitless.

I don't want to start a war or something but can someone explain me why someone would like HZD more?
It's more empty and in Zelda you can masturbate to the physics and do silly stuuf.
HZD world seems...dead in comparition.
youtube.com/watch?v=aVPXKdSEGNQ

According to this thread, yes.

>There is no argument to be had you delusional moron, just some dumb fuck shitting up threads and people rightfully tired of him.
Which "dumb fuck" are you talking about? The person who doesn't listen to game journalists, or the one who spammed "0 days since people were butthurt about BOTW" images 471 times? Why is one okay, but the other isn't?

Don't pretend Cred Forumstards and sonyfags weren't doing the same exact thing

me on the top-right

better combat, characters, story, and world

And if you weren't breaking the rules, you wouldn't have known that. :)

ctrl+f sony, half the posts in this thread are complaining about the Sony boogeyman and how Cred Forums is nothing but angry Sonygros

I'm talking about Doug Harris AKA ACfag, the desperate moron trying to argue his way out of the consequences of shitting up this board for years.
>but others shitpost too
Yes but it's not their turn, it's yours, Doug.

So? The excuse is perfect and actually made the game different to any other Zelda game where Link is jesus and everybody will be happy.

>Doug Harris AKA ACfag

>According to this thread, yes.
but I haven't done that, as far as I'm concerned if someone does or doesn't like a game that's their business, and I wouldn't screech at them about it. At absolute most, I may ask for them to elaborate on their opinion if I want to know more but that's it.

>imagine being desperate enough to do this, it's not even funny and it always gets reposted by the same sad loser

Anyone here who doesn't is a massive newfag

>fantasy game with fantasy topography

SEE HOW SHIT THIS GAME I I SURE SHOWED YOU

Doug stop deflecting.

It's fine if you like it, I know a lot of people do, it's just not for me, and I wouldn't be interested in a BotW sequel that revisits it.

>BotW is a masterpiece
>The only threads that don't die are baits
So, is shit.

>better combat
True
>characters and Story
Yeah, BOTW barely has a story but the HZD not a good one.
Same shit with the characters.

>world
I got bored of HZD world in 5 hours.

>the desperate moron trying to argue his way out of the consequences of shitting up this board for years.
shitting up the board? In what way?

>but I haven't done that,
The responses to the OP imply otherwise. There isn't a single reasonable poster who says "I like BOTW, but I can understand if people disagree." No, every single one is a shitposter convinced that BOTW is a flawless masterpiece, and that wouldn't be such a problem if they didn't violently attack everyone else.

>The only threads that don't die are baits
this is true of every game on Cred Forums - it's even a meme to start monhun threads with bait intentionally to avoid them dying, for example.

You're on Cred Forums, stop being naive and believing they're all genuine.

HZD story is alright, DLC was better
I played it for 40 hours or something. 8/10 game

That's like one of the best examples of limitations improving a game.
You know, "The theory of the director" is a thing.

>The responses to the OP imply otherwise. There isn't a single reasonable poster who says "I like BOTW, but I can understand if people disagree."
but there is, as that's literally what I'm saying. You can convince yourself all you want that I have posted otherwise, but I know for certain that I have not - you're creating a false narrative entirely on your own here.

>How have I been shitting up the board?
Destroyed Metroid threads
Destroyed Zelda threads
Cinematic shitposting
For years, Doug. Years.

>w-work on my machine! Honest!
Consolefags are unable to grasp what optimization means. What else is new?

I guess because most games discussed on Cred Forums are not masterpieces.

Reminder that ACfag believes that all people on Earth except himself are of a hivemind and think, act, and talk the same way. That's why everyone he responds to he talks like he's responding to one person.

And it all started because Metroid Other M was mean to his waifu Samus.

>but I know for certain that I have not -
Then why have we never been able to discuss BOTW without the board screaming in rage about "dose evil sonybroS"? It's a bit too late to pretend none of that happened.

>Destroyed Metroid threads
that's fine, super metroid was the last good metroid game (but apparently the new metroid 2 remake is also good, havent played it)
>Destroyed Zelda threads
that's fine, zelda is for children which violates the underageB& rule anyway, since kids aren't allowed here
>Cinematic shitposting
and now we have a problem, since anyone that uses the word "shitposting" is an obvious reddit immigrant, it's called TROLLING here. Go away.

nah, only old games (at least a decade old and 1 generation behind) can be discussed here without shitposting being required, but they still aren't discussed for very long. I'll be surprised if you could find even 1 active thread right now that is mostly on-topic and discussing a game positively, I'd be even more surprised if said thread has more than 300 replies. Cred Forums is just bad for discussing videogames.

>8.5
why not say 8 or 9

Doug, you can't argue your way out of this. It's too late for that. Knock knock.

because Cred Forums is not 1 person, ya dumbass

>Destroyed Metroid threads
You did that yourself by spamming porn and turning every discussion into " Samus is a stupid woman and should go back to le kitchen, she's only good for her body". I had no part in that, and actively fought against it by trying to stir up legitimate discussion.

>Destroyed Zelda threads
Yes, because posting metacritic scores unironically was such a good way to stir up discussion?

>Cinematic shitposting
I have high standards against movie games masquerading as actual games. You agree with me user, and you don't even realize it. If I never talked about my gripes with Nintendo, and stuck solely with my gripes against sony, you wouldn't even have a name for me. You would never even think of calling me a fag.

>For years, Doug. Years.
I've been here longer than that user. I'm completely invisible to you when I talk about anything but Nintendo, because this board agrees with me 100% regarding cinematic games. It's only when I turn the eye of criticsm towards their sacred calf Nintendo that people throw a fit.

It's over, Doug.

Cred Forums is susceptible to hivemind thinking, so there's not much difference.

BOTW isn't a masterpiece because it doesn't master anything
Conbat can be improved, ""Dungeons"" are the worst ones in the series and the OST was a terrible decision.
It's a very good game and Nintendo did a great job tho.

The story is more focused. The combat has a 'flow' to it. Exploration and discovery is well done and more 'planned' than BotW. The dead feeling that you might be seeing is because discovery isn't as organic. These things don't make HZD better than BotW nor does it make it worse. It comes down to personal preference and that's something you can't debate (a lot of people try).

I think it's more likely that there's a vocal shitposting minority. Then again, most people on Cred Forums are shitposters since that's all Cred Forums is truly good for: shitposting.

>the OST was a terrible decision.
it depresses me that people actually think this way, I feel the OST for the game is a stroke of genius: but, because it's mostly subtle, the brainlets of Cred Forums can't appreciate it.

He hates himself more than he hates you.

Damn BotW looks great

not sure who doug is but since you are just being cringe tier autistic im gonna filter you

bye Anonymous (ID: fBGIFsRv)

You're all invited to the funeral of ACfag's internet presence.
Doug Harris AKA ACfag will finally get what's coming to him.
Wait further news from the psych ward.

Well, You will barely heard the OST in the game.
Open world game and "melancholinc ost" is a terrible mistake in my opinion, Especially in BOTW world which is silly as fuck.

is this meant to be a dig at the game or what? as I like the artstyle both BotW and PoP 2008.

i agree that the combat could be improved. the dungeons (i consider the divine beasts to be the dungeons) weren't bad. The shrines were more like side quest caves. The main reason the soundtrack was made the way it was is because it would be near impossible to make overworld music fitting into someone's play style as they explore. It would have been great to have a soundtrack really match the emotion of exploration but the game wouldn't know the emotion you're feeling. Example: it would have been awesome to have sneaking music when coming up to a camp at night or adventurous music as you jumped off a mountain to try and fly to a distant area. But it would be impossible to program the difference between someone just sneaking to pick up a bug and happened to be near a camp or if someone was just trying to reach a nearby ledge and not go on an adventure. town songs, and specific location songs were great though.

>You will barely heard the OST in the game.
I like the sparseness of it, though, in past zelda games (and other open world games) I found overworld music gradually got drilled into my brain until I wanted to mute it - even if I liked the track itself, eventually I get tired of hearing it all the time.
>Open world game and "melancholinc ost" is a terrible mistake in my opinion, Especially in BOTW world which is silly as fuck.
I strongly disagree, as botw's world is meant to be somewhat post-apocalyptic, so a subdued score makes perfect sense imo as a reflection on the broken and quieter state of hyrule.

You are white. You simply didn't understand the complex political commentary.

49%
Another 49% are on the other end of the spectrum
The remaining 2% have to keep telling them all to shut the fuck up.

A lot of shitters don't understand that that the sparse instrumentation and delicate notes are deliberate design choice to compliment the game's thematic subtext of isolation and desolation. An epic bombastic score would be terrible.

Not only that but the subtle music gives the rest of the world's amazing sound design room to breath. Try playing BotW with a good pair of headphones on, the world sounds really *alive*.

What a shitty edit holy fuck
That wasn't unexpected, though

Remember when Jim Sterling has been known to regularly lie to get attention?

>zelda is almost a year old and it still makes Cred Forums rage

fucking lmao

>BOTW isn't a masterpiece because it doesn't master anything

Nintendo schooled the entire industry on 3D open world game design.

They did it on a fucking toaster called the Wii U.

And they did it on their very first attempt at the genre.

Not too shabby.

of course the dumb frogposter woul prefer fedora's mask

Fanboys can't accept criticism what else is new?

>zelda 2

special snowflake homosexual

I just skipped the towers tbqh

Still trying to compare Ass Creed to BotW. The fucking state of Cred Forums kiddies.

The game has like 5 enemy types, on top of a bunch of other issues. I've poured hours into it, and then again in master mode and even I can recognize that it's flawed.

Now say it without crying

Ass Creed and BotW are nothing like each other. Did you just look at the Top-Down view of NES Zelda and Final Fantasy and try to convince yourself they were the same too? Cry some more, its been 12 months and I never tire of seeing you kids sperg out.