New Remedy game coming 2019

New Remedy game coming 2019

pcgamesn.com/remedy-new-game

Other urls found in this thread:

pcgamer.com/remedys-upcoming-third-person-action-game-codenamed-p7-will-be-out-in-2019/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

They haven't made a good game in a long time, but I'm open to checking out whatever it is.

>It seems Remedy's next game will be taking cues from online-connected titles like Destiny.

Good. Fucking. Bye.

Does anyone else too feel that Remedy deserved way more success? These guys are very talented but they shot themselves in the foot by sticking to Microsoft.

They're not working with MS anymore so maybe it's gonna be better.

It's gonna have an offline SP campaign and MP, not like Destiny.

They actually have two new games for this year. P7 which is their multiplayer thing and then another game that is unannounced that is Alan Wake 2: Episode 1

>they didn't like our syfy TV show disguised like a game, so single player must be a dead fad

Yea, Quantum Break was great but the whole TV shit was retarded.

P7 is offline/online. The other one is an SP campaign for Crossfire

i wonder what it is with finland and microsoft. nokia did the same thing

It says they have a third game in the works that is supposed to come out this year.
pcgamer.com/remedys-upcoming-third-person-action-game-codenamed-p7-will-be-out-in-2019/

It's not coming out this year but they'll start working on it this year.

Is that CIA?

Yes. In this game he is a true hero, who trying to save the world.

yes

>NU REMEDY GAME 2K18!!!!
>its probably not gonna be anything cool

Sure, as long as they stop making movies and go back to games.

for you

Alan Wake 2 with Aiden Gillen as mr scratch plz

>Job listings for P7 also suggest Destiny-like online elements are on the way.
hello darkness my old friend

Thats FAKE NEWS

read here its a cinematic TPS :)

Normally I dislike long cut scenes, but I liked the TV bits in the game

WAKE me up inside

Did they make anything good after Max Payen?

BANE?

>they work for the mercenary, the detective man
>PAYNE?

>WHO PAID YOU TO GRAB DR. PAVEL
>Or perhaps he's wondering why you'd threaten a man, before asking a rhetorical question

yes alan wake and qb

what kind of game is qp?

a cinematic max payne

Cred Forums: The Game, because half of it is a shit tier TV show and CIA features prominently in it.

so max payne 3?

no, theyre just similar

that looks really boring desu just a 3rd person shooter with bullet time

its fun as fuck

>just a 3rd person shooter with bullet time
so just like Max Payne? Which you said was good?

>pistole
opinion discarded

>PEOPLE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
>(Senior) Game Designer
>Animation Programmer
>Engine Programmer
>Game Designer (World Systems)
>Gameplay Programmer
>Internship Application
>Lead AI Programmer
>Lead Game Designer
>Lead Multiplayer Programmer
>Senior AI Programmer
>Senior Environment Artist
>Senior Gameplay Programmer
>Senior Level Designer
>Tools Programmer
>Weapon Artist

>tfw you could move to finland to work with max payne himself, if you choosed diffrent path
GOD DAMN IT.

i actually didnt say max payne was good

so you think Max Payne is bad?

really makes me hate microsoft, to be honest

not my type of games. especially the third one

Haven't played Quantum Break, but I liked Alan Wake. Since they're not with Microsoft anymore, I'm optimistic for their next game.

you can get QB for 5 bux desu

>Quantum Break is on five different levels of TECHNOLOGY that not even a Titan X and an 8400 can run 4k Ultra settings at 60fps.
>They even made a full volumetric lighting and global illumination system just for the game
Remedy are fucking insane. Not sure how P7 will look with Northbright engine though.

Max Payne 2 was a huge bomb at the time (5 hours long 3rd person shooter with little replay value did as well as you would expect) and MS was the only publisher interested in Alan Wake and working with them because Remedy wanted control of the IP (Quantum Break was a MS idea that Sam Lake liked and wanted to do. MS owns the IP on it). The reason they got a really small time publisher for P7 is because the big companies won't hire them because of the IP situation. Sucks but then QB's destined to be like Max Payne 2. Critically destroyed at the time but everyone will be way more nostalgic for it a few years later.

So Remedy owns the right to Alan Wake which would mean Alan Wake 2 being made is a possibility?

Payne?

Cool, is it coming to Netflix?

would it run well on GTX 760?

They want to but Sam Lake's said he wants the right moment and the right way to do it. He was hinting at something "multi-media" and episodic around the time QB came out. I'd imagine they will do it on Xbox Game Pass if it happens.

>Xbox Game Pass
Their next game won't be published by Microsoft, but 505 Games. I doubt they would want anything to do with Microsoft anymore.

Sam Lake said they are completely open to working with MS again if it was the right project, they still had a great relationship with MS and they were one of the first studios to get Xbone X dev kits (Where one of their employees ported Quantum Break on their lunch breaks).

sounds like PR talk to be quite honest

Can't wait.

Quantum Break was pretty shit. But I loved MAx Payne 1&2 and really liked Alan Wake.

I donĀ“t know what to expect.

Lots of people claim devs hate MS after a game doesn't sell that great and they split when it turns out to be the opposite because MS is "Evil". Sam Lake was pretty clear that if they had the right project, even a new Alan Wake and MS was interested they would work again. He even said on twitter that they pitched P7 to MS first but MS had a similar project in development so they decided to go with someone else.

>destiny clone
RIP Sam Lake
I always liked you bro
I hope you find a better home soon.

after playing through MP3, I'm not so hyped. Hitscan pistols, limited guns, intrusive cutscenes, whole shitpile of them. But biggest annoyance was how they changed needlessly Payne into old constantly complaining fart for fucks know what reason.
Oh yes, they added MP, huray, who the fuck cares.

>MP3
Remedy didn't make MP3 dumbo.

I literally finished it today. Enjoyed it a lot.
Shame we likely wont get the sequel it needs.

DO IT YOU FUCKS

They could end up making Destiny, but good. You don't know.

no it wasnt

MP3 is from Rockstar

Yes, it was. And yes, I finished it.

They said multiple times it's going to be a "Cinematic TPS". It being muh destiny clone is pure speculation.

No, it wasn't. And yes, I finished it.

I think they're in a dificult place.
They know how adored Alan Wake is within it's fanbase, but they know they coudn't really make big money with it. What do they do?

well, that explains things

Alan Wake's flaws are pretty evident though. Tedious FLASHLIGHT-SHOOT-FLASHLIGHT-SHOOT-FLASHLIGHT-SHOOT central mechanic, fighting nothing but lumberjacks for 8+ hours isn't scary, and the absolute lack of variety.

So basically everyone?
I though senior and lead positions are given to long time proven employees, not scouted out

>autism

>almost 50 years old
How does he do it?

People leave game studios all the time, especially senior staff. The only place that isn't done is in Japan but that's because A)it's borderline impossible to fire people there, and B) You're expected to work at a place until you die or retire pretty much.