It's a botnet, you know.

killed /vg/ by making discord cliques

>Server full of bros and fun times

>girl joins the server

Soyboy program.

Wizard.

I liked it more when it was called IRC

TPBP

tree-based navigation. Everything being classified by server and channel made everything more organized

having shit be in certain channels and you can mute them too.
Also let me play with my old tf2 crew

Botnet

it hosts free servers that require very little effort to set up
Vent, teamspeak, mumble, everybody else required you to go seek out a server host or do it yourself
Discord has alot of other neat functions for communities now but this single thing is by far the biggest advantage it had over everybody else at the time and why the other VoIP clients are dying out

>launch discord
>wubba wubba lub dub

Skype died thanks to Microsoft being retarded.
That's probably why everyone is switching to Discord it seems.

teamspeak and those others also required you to type in an ip to join the server so it had that retard barrier discord is super easy so I'm sure that helepd

The smallest of brains can make their own server in a few clicks

finally got webm support

Pretty much. My group of friends and I moved to discord when it started gaining steam because my friend who was hosting it was tired of paying 60 dollars a year for our TS server. Never looked back. I just wish I could use disabled keys for my PTT like in TS but the cuck devs seem to think it's impossible which it isn't.

/thread

Now if only they auto looped.

why can't i have a button to mass delete all my private messages?

The ad agencies needs to know your likes and dislikes

It's a lot better for organizing games online for pretty much every genre of games. Trying to get anything done on Cred Forums is like pulling teeth.

>political pandering
>deleting shit they don't like
>you don't control any of the info you put in
>centralized server n shit
>you can get the same outcome running your own iraqi server for $1/month

BASED

why can't i find a discord server that doesn't have trannies causing drama

or people getting obsessed with streaming

Why do you dummies still join public discords and expect anything of quality? Why don't you have a discord for you and your friends?

It was the first “web 2.0” VOIP program aimed at gamers. Everything else at the time still looked like it was straight out of Windows 98. Being completely free also helps.

What went so right?

>xfire
goddamn the memories.

its reddit: the botnet chat at this point
fucking lel

it's an alright irc program that has an actual userbase.

Voice quality is terrible though

I just want to know the mario kart discord since it killed the mk Cred Forumseekends....

Give me a good alternative to Discord, if you hate it so much.

>people browsing an Cantonese chicken raising website
>people having friends

Pick one, user.

>xfire gone
>all my playtime gone
>all my screenshots gone
>all my friends gone
it's not fair ;_;

I have friends and I've been browsing for like 10 years

this tbqhwyf

>people on Cred Forums
>friends

you all really don't know what you have

Just make some friends user it's not that hard

JUST B URSELF

NFSW and jerking off while in voice chat with other guys

>soyware

>things are convenient for users so it's bad
t. 4changsman

just b ursef bra

>ask why it's such a hit program
>well it's easy to use
>WTF you said it's bad because it's easy to use

>Cred Forums hates things that are popular
I'm so surprised. And of course they hide behind "le botnet datamining don't you care about your privacy bro" while they are having their information collected by their browser and providing free labor for Google with captchas at this very moment. Hell, Skype was more invasive than Discord ever thought of being

Bro, just go out there, slay some fucking gash, and be yourself bro

Never understood why I should give a shit about botnets datamining everything about me for better ad-sense. It just means Google knows I'd more likely to click on a dragon dildo ad.

What is this gash stuff, why is this popular now?

>add someone off Cred Forums
>made themselves sound chill on the board
>instantly turns into a cock craving fag on discord
Would you fags stop already? I just want to play vidya, and maybe talk about weebshit. Not get in each others pants. Not sure what it is about discord that turns guys into mansluts.

Stop making punkass bitch excuses and make some fucking friends right now

Lower class British slang for minge.

>just go out

It's just fags. Cred Forums has a lot of fags on the board, and fags don't have any personality outside of their sexual orientation. The "men" of this board are more than content to put on gay little socks and spread their assholes for internet strangers, soulless and shameless husks that they are.

>friend tells me to join his discord server
>says they play TF2 and CSGO all together
>that doesn't sound too bad
>get on the VC
>fags with nasal voices and young kids are all shouting and spouting stupid memes
>leave

what does this mean?
and this?

You can add me, I act like a raging fucking cockslut on here but have no actual interest in erping and just like playing vidya.

kill yourself retard

Those alternatives you mentioned have long established monetisation methods. Discord is a startup that came from nowhere offering a completely free client and servers with very little way to make a profit. With addition to their blunt ToS about collecting literally everything you do gives it a poor reputation. For now, it seems cool, but I don't be surprised if they sell the company like many of these startups do and it turns to shit.

where to pirate?

>tell people I don't like discord
>they get mad at me
Why?

Get some sun on your skin bud

is my computer just shitty or has discord become even more bloated than skype

E L E C T R O N

It also required someone to host that server. Discord hosts your server for free.

>girl joins server
>everyone makes fun of her

>tranny from Cred Forums joined my server
>no one pays attention to him and he just casually talks to the rest of my pals and i
it's not all bad. but a lot of autismos from Cred Forums that join whenever i post it here are just fucking braindead and have no social skills.

>not hosting a mumble server on an RPi for your friends
Disgusting

Discords also have the added benefit of killing threads on Cred Forums, supplanting anonymous discussion with namefags and powertripping mods. Its volume control also fucked with my other sound settings until I manually reset them. I am decidedly not a fan.

BEAM / Elixir

IS THAT A MOTHERFUCKING DCSS REFERENCE

yeah this sucks, I want Cred Forumseekend threads back

This so much. I know of at least one general that directly died to it and a couple more that became zombies and bigger circlejerks because of it

>general full of bros and fun times
>someone makes a discord

They were already a huge circlejerk before discord. If anything, discord contains the circlejerk

>Cancer general with tripfags and waifuposting
>They make Discord so the fags can have their name attached to the attention seeking
Seem fine to me