Danganronpa

Fanbase
>The ending was a social criticism on video game fanbases and their need for endless sequels

Creator
>IT HAD NO MEANING IT WAS JUST A STUPID GAME WITH NO POINT LOL BAHAHAHA I GOT YOUR MONEY FAGGOT!

Who am I suppose to trust here?
I really want to just ignore the creator.
Can I do that?

extremelly low IQ post

Or better, ascend and finally understand that videogames are a form of art to be interpreted as you see fit just like all other forms of art.

You could see it as a critique of the fanbase I guess but in reality it's just an absolutely insane twist, I don't think there was anything snide aimed towards the fans.

I guess I can interpret Mona Lisa as a fire breathing dragon then

Everything is a HIKUSHON

Now you see the power of art.

This you?

I love Junko!

I want to hug Himiko.

When you have a fanbase like these
How can you not criticize them?

"This game doesn't make any sense!" exclaims Shuichi Saihara, protagonist of Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony, perfectly replicating the incredulity of the audience as they experience the bombastic spectacle of creator-director Kazutaka Kodaka's latest attempt at one-upping the stories to his own games in sheer ridiculousness. And if nothing else, V3 accomplished that task with flying colors, even if the majority of the game's overarching narrative had to be thrust upon the funeral pyre to facilitate the subversion of the audience, seemingly only for the sake of doing so.

Danganronpa V3's contentious ending is not bad because it preys upon it's emotionally vulnerable audience, attacking the validity of their experiences, but it is cheap. The identity of youths nowadays is being increasingly supplanted from the real life role models of their Gen X parents to the fabricated personas of TV and video games said apathetic parents dump their children in front of rather than engage in any activity requiring an attachment to the concept of "family". Thus, the experiences within these media are given unwarrantable value in youth's mind, acting as an escape from the harshness of their mundane lives. Of course a postmodern deconstruction with a setting comparable to the 1998 satire "The Truman Show" would be seen as a direct attack on the sensitive audience's investment into fiction - Kodaka admits the shock instilled within the audience was evoked to mirror the protagonist's.

A very similar controversy erupted over Hideo Kojima's Metal Gear Solid 2, a game with remarkably similar themes that were explored in significantly greater depth and superior execution compared to the exhausting gauntlet of the final trial, consisting of a fairly basic theme being repeated in various manners and tone for three tiring hours. The game's themes, repeated just as disjointedly as the sophomoric ideologies of the first two games, ultimately make V3 as subtle as a shot-put ball to the head.

The best way to play Danganronpa is to stop playing at the last trial and make up your own ending if you feel like it.

We already have another slow Danganronpa thread. I believe taht since mods are very aggressive towards us it will be better if we stay there:

The best way to play Danganronpa is to stop playing

DANGANRONPA
IS FICTION

Armond White?

The best way to play Danganronpa is playing once, and then coming here and shit in other's people's waifus. Specially Ibuki

That thread is shit fuck off.

It has pic related. I was there last night and it was also fun for everyone except maybe Ibukifriends.

why do you trust tsumugi? you're playing a mystery game.
She can fake cosplaypox as she's shown to have skill in changing her apperance quickly and easily.
Rantarou called it an imitation and none of the so called die hard fans knew what danganronpa was.

This is the perfect way to interpret it. The creator just wanted to make an insane twist. Since he already blew his Metal Gear Solid 2 load on DanganRonpa 2 this was logically where he could go. It's hilarious, it's insane, it's awesome. Nothing else to it. There isn't some grand meta commentary about the Danganronpa fandom.

>another Danganronpa thread