APOLOGIZE. DARK SOULS REMASTERED IS BEING DEVELOPED IN HOUSE

APOLOGIZE. DARK SOULS REMASTERED IS BEING DEVELOPED IN HOUSE

>Dark Souls Remastered launches for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC, and Nintendo Switch on May 25. Unlike most video game remasters, Dark Souls Remastered is being developed internally at From Software, rather than being outsourced to a third-party studio. It features touched up visuals and supports "up to six players" for online multiplayer.

Dark Souls isn't the only From Software title getting a comic adaptation. Titan Comics is also publishing a comic series based on the PS4-exclusive Bloodborne. The first issue of that series, Bloodborne: The Death of Sleep, debuts this month; you can take a look at some stunning art from the comic here. Titan is also releasing an Assassin's Creed Origins comic, as well as a comic based on Sea of Thieves.

gamespot.com/amp-articles/dark-souls-to-get-a-new-comic-alongside-remaster-r/1100-6456786/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qmV8vXkwz24
nexusmods.com/darksouls/mods/1372/?tab=description
youtube.com/watch?v=OCUfpLg0BZY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>stunning artwork

so what
it's literally the same game but they added dsfix

Isn't Switch version developed by a Chinese company and PS4/Xbone by a Polish studio?

Well and new textures

why is it always titan comics spewing this garbage out

>Titan Comics

>Implying that's not hilarious and excellent.

wow
new textures
that sure makes it worth $69.99 + tax and tip

The textures were the least of the game's visual issues.

It's 40 dollarydoos.

Welp i for one have only ever played bloodborne so at least i can try it now as a better version than on PS3.

>Not touching up the later half of the game
>Instead, fucking up the MP by inflating player numbers which just shits on invaders and make the cooping even more of a faceroll

Inb4 gear based matchmaking as well.

Dark Souls Remastered launches for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC, and Nintendo Switch on May 25. Unlike most video game remasters, Dark Souls Remastered is being developed internally at From Software, rather than being outsourced to a third-party studio. It features touched up visuals and supports "up to six players" for online multiplayer.

>Dark Souls comic written by a guy named Sullivan

There's an irony here

The textures were good already, you can only see them in all their glory on PC with DsFix though.

Literally no evidence of this.

I cannot wait for all the nostalgiafags to get btfo when they realize that every single souls game that came after it was better while they preached otherwise for years.

they wont use denuvo right?

All Namco games have Denuvo now. They're charging $40 for DSfix and Denuvo.

>"It's better than 2 because it's non-linear"
>try and go different ways and giant orange walls block you off
fun

It's possible you are baiting but I've heard people say this seriously. What the fuck? Are literal toddlers talking shit on the internet about a game that came out 7 years ago?

Well, i will give Bamco props to actually bother bringing From back.

It still is a remaster and anyone who buys the game again for "new textures" (most likely just a dsfix but on consoles) is a fucking retard.

wait isn't it free on PC if you own the PTD edition?

Nope.

>Bamco
>giving anything free

You are a fucking idiot

>""""""""developed"""""""
>cut and paste old assets into new folders
>recompile code for same engine on new hardware

>Silver Knight in Lothric fighting a wyvern
>Silver Knight fighting Channelers
who okayed this

You realize people still play it right?

several thousand people play it every day lol

this is probably bait

It's their last chance at getting Dark Souls bucks. Why do you think they're publishing Code Vein? From doesn't want to deal with their shit anymore.

what is the point of "remastering" this game if youre still gonna leave it half-finished?

?

>release a PC port after lots of media attention and vocal demand
>it's a broken turd
>don't fix anything about it
>years later release a patch
>for $40

based

>I cant grief players wtf from
Kys

someome give that dog a Switch

They didn't have the budget. The budget for the PC version was minimal as to test the waters and see how successful it goes.

>Implying that's good

I'd rather the port was handled by the originally believed team which ported Dragon Dogma Dark Arisen to the PC. From will somehow fuck it up with some weird oversight like always.

>they didn't have the budget to even do something some noname modder did in two hours

Is this a joke post?

bullshit.

If only it was a remake

I hope they implement the gear ladder that was applied to DaS according to the upgrade level of your weapon. It was a great way to prevent twinks.

On the other hand, I'll miss fucking people in the ass in Undead Burg with a +5 Fire Longsword

>smart enough to develop in house
>not smart enough to fix and re-do most of the game after biggie smalls

>still no gameplay footage
>still no outline of how much the remaster will change

Prove me wrong faggots. I'm waiting.

PC version was ported by a small team.

>durante
>noname

And fixed screen tearing and jumping at 60fps I hope

Why did metal in that game look like it had gasoline splashed on it?

One of my favorite runs was a level 1 run with a +15 fire LS.

Shat on invaders so hard too.

Its still a dick move.

Already did, retard.

What mods did your buttbuddy make before DSfix?

>They didn't have the budget
Nigga, they literally said they rushed the fucking PC port because they wanted to get it out as soon as possible. It had nothing to do with budget.

>Already did, retard.

Your imagination doesn't count, retard.

any word on updates for post-Anor Londo?

>unlike most video game remasters
It's fucking depressing that this is unexpected and has to be noted as a selling point.

I'm just worried they'll mess up the lighting and blur distance in an effort to make it more HD and modern. I really liked the near instant color shifts going from one area to the next. The ladder going down into blighttown being a sickley green set the tone for the whole area.

That's how metal looks irl if you finish it a certain way with archaic techniques.

Will the lag and bs be fixed?

Why would anyone buy this on pc?

I'm playing DS with the fix right now and it's fine

The only thing that was broken about the PC port was multiplayer connections and that's fixed now, in every other way it was identical to the console versions. It was a lazy port but I don't know why people always overexaggerate about this.

I know for sure that the Switch version is being outsourced.

>dsfix is just your imagination

Are you pretending or are you really this fucking retarded?

Everything past each of the 4 orange walls is linear
everything before is a near masterpiece of world design that takes advantage of verticality and rewards the player for exploring.
2 is good but don't be a retard and pretend like the world design wasn't a huge flaw.

>From Soft
See this actually gives me less confidence.

like in most cases, just for the sake of convenience.
people are literally paying for the game to come with DSfix already preinstalled so they don’t have to bother patching it

I'd be amazed if the game would even have a stable frame rate once it releases. Polished content? Forget about it.

I'd rather them farm it out to someone competent, it's clear From don't know how to optimize worth a fuck.

The original is janky as hell and while when it works it works just fine sometimes it fucking breaks completely.

My current Windows install just cannot display the game for example, which is insanely weird as every other game I own works perfectly.

>have to wait 3 months for this
>there is nothing else to play because everything thats not from From Software is trash for me

I like to think it's because of the titanite used on them. Dunno if every weapon is made with titanite though...

But Dark Souls 2 and 3 are both relatively well optimized on PC. I don't know why though when they run like shit on consoles.

you should try playing "how much bleach can I drink"

>implying it wasn’t From themselves who fucked up the first port
would rather NOT have it made in house

>tfw used to do this invasion build all the time
>and then all the guide-using casuals learned to enter blighttown through the bottom
it's not fair bros...

>its fine
>game is destroyed if you go to 60 fps

QLOC should port the game.

Please no Weapon Memory
Please no Weapon Memory
Please no Weapon Memory
Please no Weapon Memory

It's using Bloodborne/Dark Souls 3 engine. I didn't like the way DS3 looked so I'll pass on this one.

>But Dark Souls 2 and 3 are both relatively well optimized on PC

They're really not, both games have problematic areas, effects and enemies that need to be cleaned up.

I love Soulsborne games, but I don't understand why I'm supposed to pay $40 for an official dsFix?

>It's using Bloodborne/Dark Souls 3 engine.
No it isn't.

stop talking out of your ass retard.

>supposed to

Does mommy still put your clothes on? Make decisions for yourself, retard

Literally all they had to fix was directional rolling.

They could do what they're doing now and fix just that and it'd be fine, but no, we can't have nice things.

Just a Switch? You see that gaping mouth? You gotta throw in some Black Panther tickets with that set too!

Problem is with it being FROM outsourcing to a 3rd party would almost certainly be an improvement. Shit man, the hell with remastering, outsource a re-MAKE and maybe I'll care.

Like what? I get a constant 1080p 60fps with reshade on both SotFS and 3 with a 970 and i5. It may drop for a couple seconds on some occasions when walking into a new area, but I can't think of any areas that cause any problems beyond that.

Dark Souls 2 is the only game that deserves a remaster, being the best in the franchise and all.

>inb4 retards with Cred Forums hivemind opinions who can't think critically

So how hard will they shit all over lightning?
Ever since they first shat on lightning with the update to DaS2, they have consistently kept lightning fucking garbage for all future updates of DaS2 including all of DaS3 since its release.
Are they going to do the same for the original Dark Souls now? Why do they hate lightning?

2 was also developed in-house so who gives a shit its not a seal of quality

Will they complete the lost izzy level or will it still be incomplete?

Lighting, you dumb fuck.

does this mean they're going to finishing making the game this time?

>directional rolling.
what?

it's literally just a remaster

>lightning
Why do burgers do this?

Weapon memory was one of the best decisions they made in DS3. The only things they have left to do with it is make it only count the weapons you have on hand so you can store higher level weapons, and perhaps make the range wider. Maybe even give the option to increase the range, but not decrease below the default minimum.

are you retarded or just baiting

>but I can't think of any areas that cause any problems beyond that.
Smouldering Lake

also DS3 has insanely bad LOD pop-in

It already got a remaster you dumb knuckledragger

When locked on you can only roll in four directions in DS1 as opposed to omnidirectionally as in the other two DS games.

DS2 fans are the most pathetic posters I have ever seen on this board

DaS>BB>DaS3>DeS>DaS2

The switch one is being outsourced to Virtuos

Nice.

Only 2 has omnidirectional rolling and it's shit because rolling attacks come out facing whatever direction you rolled in, 3 and BB have 8 directional rolling.

What?

i don't care anymore after the piece of shit that dark souls 3 was.

Details. Whatever it is, DS1 needs it. Four directions is not enough.

You're the most pathetic poster in this thread

>so fucking obsessed with America that he doesn't realize the poster is talking about the LIGHTNING ELEMENT instead of LIGHTING

>game is destroyed if you go to 60 fps
literally the only thing that happens is the ladder down to the rat pit in undead burg throws you under the floor if you slide down it and two jumps one in sen's to the boulder giant and one in blighttown to nikatana are harder to do
that's fucking it. if for some reason you want to get the katana or go to the giant you just press a hotkey to put a fps limit on, jump and then press it again to get a smooth game again. stop fucking regurgitating what your favorite youtuber spouts. the game plays fine.

It's more the level design in 2 that was the problem, world design wasn't that bad. Sure it didn't interconnect as much as the original game but it did a decent job of offering multiple places to go from the start of the game.

had the best pvp, the pve was okay at best

damage control

>turrent
>diamond dozen
>doggy dog

L I G H T N I N G

>it's literally the same game but they added dsfix
>$69.99 + tax and tip
cant dsfixbro sue? lol

It also fucks with stuff like the timing for the kick and jump attack commands and you get stuck on certain geometry like the way to the crow's nest in Firelink.

Kys or some say kysm

Bitch is getting forced in other game series' now. Will Toriyama ever stop?

What are you? Aussie? Its only £34.99 for me as britbong, also -£2 for amazon discount

>rolling attacks only come out in whichever direction you rolled in
Can you tell how I know you are terrible at PvP?

Do you think the master key is still going to be in the game? Ive already routed out my low level darkwraith run but its not possible without it.

N E W E N G I N E

First of all, yes it is. Second, of course it's going to be in the game, it's going to be the same fucking game. It's a port to newer consoles, that's it.

Good cant wait to shit on everyone then

Is that supposed to be Pan or Bulla?

It will be removed to avoid confusing the new generation of fans who joined with PC and Switch release

I'm curious as to why the remaster needs a ps4 pro to run at 60 when SotFS hit 60 with base. Not that I'm complaining because I already have a pro but I find that odd. I doubt they're touching up the visuals THAT much.

It doesn't, it's going to run at 60fps on all platforms except for Switch.

i really wish you could properly gravelord on the first playthrough. the phantoms being locked to ng+ really hurts the covenant.

>enter through the bottom
But why though

DaS2 was so shitty it already got a remaster that changes the enemy placement to be even worse in some areas.

>PC version was ported by a small team.
and even smaller team fixed it for free in their spare time

fuck off you bootlicker

At least the ravelord sword is basically drakesword on crack in terms of beating the early game. Too bad its moveset is slow as fuck.

Are you not meant to oil weapons so they don't rust, or is it not that kind of oil?

its not that good really. pop a few humanites and kill a black knight for his weapon. thatll carry you through the entire game without even needing to upgrade it once.

>ravelord sword
Thanks for the mental image.

The game is still popular and it has been full price on Steam for a long time. I think it will sell well.

I never bought the enhanced version because I thought it was a retarded move splitting up the players between two games. Was enemy placement the only fucking thing they did?

Hopefully they don't fix the tumble equip so I can get my Paladin Memeroy going again

>"2 is better because it's non-linear"
>get blocked off by waist-high rubble

kek

I thought dark souls 3 was dark souls remastered

DELET

Y E A H N A H
E
A
H

N
A
H

It’s clearly bulla my dude

A handful of assets having good textures doesn't mean the game had good textures as a whole.

underrated post

>Walk ten feet to the side and continue on to Drangleic as my second area.
DaS2 was non-linear. Your sperging doesn't change that.

I think the Souls franchise lost something precious giving up on not letting the player teleport between bonfires right at the beginning of the game.

I can remember nearly flawlessly how each area of the first Dark Souls connect to each others. Can't say the same for DaS2 and DaS3

>Can't say the same for DaS2 and DaS3
How can you have trouble remembering how areas connect when they connect more simply? Do you have fucking alzheimers?

Not that user but I agree with him.
Sure you just walk from point a to b but that's it.
There is never any point in seeing half the maps if not more once you touch a bonfire.
In DaS1 you had to walk to a lot of places even with warping because it was limited

>Apologize

They should apologize to me for not making a Trilogy pack for every console so i could play DaS 1,2 and 3 in one game

>There is never any point in seeing half the maps if not more once you touch a bonfire.
I actually have no fucking clue what you're talking about. Especially since most of DaS1's shortcuts are superfluous and just end up leading back to an empty area where you've already done anything of interest.

DaS1's inter-connected areas was a novelty at best.

>From devotes 10 years to the Souls series and nothing else
>"guys ds3 is our last souls game we want to move on to other stuff"
>Makes Dark Souls again

From is a bunch of fucking hacks, and you retards will gladly lap their shit up again. What an awful company.

>remake made by the C team
who cares?

this. fuck that.

it's using the same engine, numbnuts

The Tranny said it would be outsourced so of course it was gonna be done in house

What else did you expect from a borderline shovelware-tier company that developed a game series with five titles where the THIRD one had the subtitle "THE FINAL"?

Everyone who has heard of DSFix uses it, no one will be buying purely because they cbf with it. People will be re-buying partly for better visuals and performance, partly for the more active player base and mostly because of loyalty

wtf is weapon memory

They should include more cut content in the remaster, stuff they didn't have time to include

You're very silly user

Code Vein used God Slayer assets, though.

You're in luck then

They made fifteen goddamn Armored Core games. The restraint they showed in developing the Souls games is astonishing by comparison.

boy I'm glad the comic is being handled by somebody who knows how to draw good action sequences

The system used in Dark Souls 3 where you can't enter other players worlds (co-op, pvp) if the difference between your gear is more than +-2 upgrades, unless you're matched with a password. It also doesn't matter if you have the higher level weapon equipped or in stash, if you have EVER had a weapon upgraded to a different range you can't match with others.

>Undead King Jar-Eel Remaster Leak
Where is this from

you are fucking retarded
none of the actual devs are working on this port, it's just trainees

Look at the fucking wall and the ground in the picture on the left and tell me those textures don't look like ass, and need to be improved.

How much are you willing to bet they won't change SHIT post Anal Rodeo even though it was all rushed.
Izalith especially

So it's an anti-bullying measure? Sounds useful.

It probably means they are the ones are porting the remake from is doing

Demon's Souls had the same thing for the first area, since you still needed to beat one of the other level's final boss first.

POST YOUR DARK SOULS REMASTER WEAPONFU

>expanding on online to make it like das3
Fucking why, invasions were absolute cancer in 3. Game ruined

Looks pretty ok to me
Now look at DS3 stones and graves

How can this be allowed

BUT WILL THEY FINISH THE SECOND FUCKNIG HALF OF THE GAME? EVERYTHING POST SENS IS UTTER SHITE M8

DS1 has bad geometry and good textures. DS3 has good geometry and bad textures. Good job From. So I'm assuming left was taken in a version of DaS with DSFix cranked to the max, what's the settings configuration on right?

THE PROBLEM ARE NOT THE TEXTURES BUT THE NON-EXISTING GLOBAL LIGHTING.

Everything in the world looks flat and cast ZERO shadows.

This is a very fuzzy gif

>POST SENS

It just serves to split up and lessen available online interactions, and remove the reward or satisfaction to go out of one's way to get better gear or possibility to invade high sl people at low sls.

DaS3 looking like shit doesn't mean DaS1 looks good.

You can't really 'crank DSFix to the max', not in a way in which it would further affect the quality of the shield. 3 is maxed.

>blocked a giant arrow with a medium shield while facing inwards instead of just dodging it

I hope they'll bring 2 to Switch too.

It was a bit OP in 2 initially, although not as broke as fucking Hexing. And was any magic good in 3?

haha

No, but it means that if DS3 somehow got approved for release, they won't update textures that are already better in a remake

You can still use any equipment or spell though. You just can't upgrade it to completely outstrip anything the other person can potentially have and be able to kill them in one hit, but you have all the options at your disposal while still having to make use of them making it more satisfying if anything. It doesn't lessen online interactions any more than soul level matching already does.

I mean, it's technically not impossible and not a bad business move if first sells well, and it most certainly will.

The only entry that had dynamic global lighting was DaS2, and they fucked the settings in most areas that it looked horrendous anyway.

FIX YOUR FUCKING GAME

You are lying. Lv1 can't effectively use ls

>Shoot arrow at someone.
>Knock them perpendicular to your projectile's trajectory.
Physics are convoluted in From's coding department.

>dark souls has good gamepl-

Reinforced Club Onebros

POST CHARACTERS!

*breathes in*

>Character using iron flesh has iron flesh
I see nothing wrong here.

>From still pandering to casual babies that can't handle getting invaded

Alright no money for you then.

ok

There's no actual evidence it's just "the same with DSfix" either

>apologize
no, where is demon's souls remastered? dark souls is casual as fuck

Not gonna happen. Every time a game gets rereleased/remastered/remade/rewhateverthefuck
fans keep hoping that its going to feature new content that was cut or unfinished during the original development. But it just hasn't ever happened, not even once.
You're setting yourself up for disappointment if you're expecting anything but a cheap chash in.

They've promised nothing and given no details at all. You're stupid if you think it's going to be significant upgrade.

what mods?

It's an additional filter, people would need to stay within certain levels depending on area you play in and majority of online will likely gravitate towards +2 and +15. It very much limits the freedoms of the online player.

There's nothing to defend because it's an esoteric example of a flaw in the game that was fixed in later entries. Backstabs are instant, he can backstab, you turned round mid combo so his next attack became a backstab. You saw DSP manage to fuck up in the most spectacularly awkward way and replicated it to try and make a cute gif that ultimately does nothing but show how dumb you could be if you got it to happen unintentionally.
>didn't learn from the first gif

are they fixing the netcode? the password system is nice but if it still takes forever to connect to each other than whats the point

Get shit on holy shit!

just cheatengine

I feel that would be bigger news. I think the author is just assuming/speculating that.

the guy in the gif had no stamina and was 1 hit from dead, running was his only fucking option and no just because they fixed backstabs later on does not excuse the mess theyve left in their supposed "best game"

Is this possible without cheats?

>It was a bit OP in 2 initially
It was. But then they made it not only worse, but practically garbage. And it has stayed garbage ever since.
I sincerely hope they'll let Lightning stay useful in the Dark Souls remaster.

Those areas are also filtered automatically due to how the weapon upgrade system and item drops/locations work anyway. The only limit being imposed is on someone being dropped into a world where they're hopelessly outclassed, which is a far more limiting experience for anyone involved. I even suggested earlier an option to widen it for those that want to open themselves up to such things as something they could add to it.

>literally gives you the values right in the image and you still ask
Not even surprised that niggers who are into MUH THIGG bullshit are as dumb as a sack of bricks.

and they added better multiplayer, and people will play it again

I asked because someone answered this Stfu faggot.

Gee whiz it's almost like he should have considered healing to full health while walking along a treacherous pathway with an enemy on it. Maybe he could have considered not wasting his stamina, not opening himself up, or just rolling backwards since he still had plenty left and forced himself into a shitty situation. Stop trying to act like a blatant shitposting gif is in any way logical, it only makes you look like you have genuine brain damage. And no, I'm not saying how backstabs were handled in DS1 was a good way of doing it.

Obviously. That fag tried to lie LS though.

>second area
>1m soul memory required to bypass the 3 required fights
So...what, you ground in the FoFG for 1 million souls for some reason?

I can't wait for all the new dank memes

>Replaying Dark Souls
>Just killed Ornstein and Smough so I figured it was time to tie up some loose ends before going to the DLC
>Go to New Londo, get the +15 ember
>Go to the Asylum, kill the Stray Demon, get the doll
>Go to Ariamis, don't kill Priscilla, I just can't do it lads

Time to kill that dickass hydra I guess fuck typing this I realised I forgot to grab the ring that makes you go at normal speed in water.

>tfw no GPU
>tfw GPUs are massively overpriced
Looks like I wont be playin the remaster.

Fuck bitcoin fags.

>"w-we won't make ANY MORE souls games I s-swear...." ~ miyazaki
>2 years later
>"w-we didn't say we wouldn't REMAKE THE SAME GAMES TO SELL THEM AGAIN FUCKERS HAHAHAHAHHAA" ~ mitazondo
>mfw

>And was any magic good in 3?
I've done INT runs of DS3. The actual damage sorceries don't get all that good until you get the late game spells along with damage boost gear, but the weapon buffs are fun and the utility spells like Hush and Hidden Body get plenty of use. Hidden Body in particular makes the trek to rechallenge bosses a lot less painful. Raw Executioner's Greatsword is a great choice for INT builds because it leeches FP but can still be buffed.

>the trek to rechallenge bosses
how are you 5 games deep in the souls series and still dying on bosses? do you have a learning disability?

The damage sorceries are great though. They're just not stupid high damage like they have been in the past but they're like heavy close range attacks with 5 times the range which by all rights should be considered fantastic. And this is before keeping in mind you get several rings that work as flat damage boosts, and spells that essentially work as the best melee moveset you could ever ask for.

>Get the magic sword spell
>Try it
>Less damage and aoe than a real greatsword with RAW
>Also has longer animation

>and spells that essentially work as the best melee moveset you could ever ask for.
You talking about the Flashsword variants? They never seemed like a good investment to me; the damage didn't seem high enough to justify the FP use considering that I could just swing a sword instead.

Excuse me

Neat.

>Soul Greatsword
>less aoe than any weapon in the entire game outside of like the Splitleaf jumping WA
The damage is also very solid from the beginning and easier to increase what with it being a spell, and the animation with max casting speed is comparable to a greatsword R2.
Yeah. Farron Flashsword is essentially a one handed straight sword that doesn't bounce off shields and goes through them since it's magic damage. It can do less damage than real weapons especially since it's not buffable but it can also have very long range based on the catalyst you use. Soul Greatsword has huge range as does Dark Edge, both can cover many other situations. You can even bring a flame along and use Flame Fan and Sacred Flame too, doing just about everything in two slots. They're fun spells.

>doesn't bounce off shields
I hadn't considered that; it does sound useful. I'll give flashswords another try.

My personal bread-and-butter pyromancy is Profaned Flame. High damage, AOE, knockdown, and bypasses shields. Never not satisfying to use. Power Within and Carthus Flame Arc are givens, of course.

>Titan Comics

>The damage is also very solid from the beginning
?? In what universe.
I think that was what i dislike the most: Go all in on investments, and the damage is only reasonable in PVP because its not melee.
For PVE it was hot garbage.

Profaned Flame is great too, if only for how satisfying it is to land. As far as pyromancy goes my favourite probably goes to Black Serpent. Awesome casting animation, decent damage, extremely good at breaking shields and causes a ton of hitstun so you can even combo other spells from it, doing cool shit like Black Serpent into Soul Greatsword or Profaned Flame.
You can literally get the spell after Vordt from the very earliest, at which point it oneshots all basic enemies and only needs a few casts to kill Evangelists. Your views on damage are severely skewed because the past games thought magic had to oneshot everything with very slight uses. If you're only trying to put out big numbers and throwing nothing but Crystal Soul Spears expecting to remove all else from the equation you're missing the point. Downsize and you'll see the real value of spells. Plus it's not like you can't use weapons alongside them.

>Your views on damage are severely skewed because the past games thought magic had to oneshot everything with very slight uses.
Have you played DaS?
Soul Arrow and Heavy is basically pokes. Great Heavy is compareable to some of the heavier weapons, but not one shot material.
Soul Spear reaches One Shot Ville, but its wasted on a lot of normal enemies, so its rationed sparsely.

But that isn't why its so different. Its different because in previous games, the combat didn't turn into a sword poke fest, because its the best weapon.
So when 3-4x any Sword outdamages your all in magic investment, its not worth the effort. Especially when Magic has long casting times, so you can't attack equally.

If they're not gonna fix those lame ass half-dragon things in the lava area, than this is pointless.

That shit was just lazy. Or is there some lame ass lore reason excusing the dragons that are all ass-end?

>everything thats not from From Software is trash for me

Did you know that From has made other games that aren't Souls?

Does it fix Lost Izalith?

If not then it's not worth it

Any cast times magic has (which aren't even high) are more than made up for with the range available. You can start firing Great Deep Soul at something from miles away and it'll be dead before it even reaches you. Even if they survive and can actually attack you once, so what? You dodge and can fire back since range is a nonfactor to you and you control the fight. Swords would barely outdamage the spells except in dps, and not only are you in far more safety with the distance you're at, but you can even buff and use a sword yourself, if you don't want to use the close range spells. It's very much worth it for that utility.

Nice

>Swords would barely outdamage the spells except in dps
Let me read that:
DPS is important in DAS3, because you can actually DPS and use tripple and penta combos. You can actually get a visceral attack, and then attack 6 times. You can kill most enemies by breaking their non existing poise and bashing their heads in.
Which makes DPS important.
If you couldn't just DPS, Magic would still be good, because it would be a control option.

I've always heard that the second half of the game is shit. But what is exactly wrong with it? I was thinking about buying this for my Switch since I never played more than a couple of hours but you're making me reconsider it.

That's actually fucking worse. Dark Souls 1 was in house and would barely get above 20fps in round 50% of the game

Give me B team and Dark Souls 2 magic.
Not "muh 30fps is goal" Bloodborne grabage

You're doing it all wrong user.
Don't mess up the experience and just play the game.

Basically the second half of the game is 4 different areas. Each area sorta has a gimmick, and they all sorta suck.

One area is pitch dark and you have to use a lantern

One area has invisible floors

One is basically a boss rush, with one of the worst bosses in the series, and dragon asses

And the final is actually a great area, but to kill the enemies you sorta have to use an item to damage them, and the boss can be a bitch depending on your build.

Dont get me wrong, game is still great, and highly advised to get it if youve never played before. And co op makes all these issues more minor.

Seaths Archives is missing 1-2 areas.
Nito's Domain is missing another 3-4 areas. Its basically one room and one boss room.
Lost Izalath is thrown together far better than Nito's domain. But its still lacking 2 or 3 areas, and is unpolished. Witch of Izalth is most likely unfinished, but its still a cool battle
Londo is unfinished, lacking an entire upper area.
Manus stuff might even have been intended to be non DLC, just like Giant area in DeS.

Its still a 9/10 game, even if those areas range from thrown together to unfinished.
And thats a statement of how good everything is before the Lord Vessel, and how solid the gameplay is after.

You probably know about the infamous O&S by now, after that the enemies don't get much harder but the levels do, all of them have some enviromental gimmick, some better than others and depending on your build some areas can be very hard so of course casuals will complain. Honestly the whole "the second half is shit" is bullshit except for the path that leads to the Bed of Chaos wich is objectively shit and clearly incomplete and the Bed of Chaos is sadly an awful boss wich is obligatory, but like 90% of the game is great so don't get discouraged.
>I was thinking about buying this for my Switch
Enjoy your cinematic framerate.

>shitter can't handle getting bodied by players he doesn't have a massive advantage over

>And the final is actually a great area, but to kill the enemies you sorta have to use an item to damage them, and the boss can be a bitch depending on your build.
I've played through DaS 10ish times and I have no idea to what you refer.

>non existing poise
But several enemies are immune to or require several hits to be staggered, while you can also stack up several spells from a distance which I'm honestly only assuming would be a bit less damage but could very well potentially keep up with R1ing well enough, plus recovering stamina is easier and safer. And even if it doesn't, or if they reach you, you've started a fight with an enemy that's almost dead and you have any of those other options still at your disposal. Magic is still fantastic, it's just not entirely broken, except for still having so many casts that it can easily be your main offense.

The Dark Souls Comic was fucking garbage

I think he's referring to having to fight 4v1.

>But several enemies are immune to or require several hits to be staggered
True, but this is DaS3
Where rolling trough their opening attack, and then just hitting the button works.

Im trying not to spoil

The final of the 4 areas, although they can be done in any order, the four kings. You cannot hurt the ghost without an item, or very specific weapons.

>DARK SOULS REMASTERED IS BEING DEVELOPED IN HOUSE
With how lazy From is with their re-releases, I'm not sure if this is better or worse.

I think he means New Londo. The ghosts require you to use an item in order to damage them and the 4 kangz can gang up on you if you have shit damage.

>New Londo
Really short area. The only enemies before draining the area are ghosts which can only be damaged if you are cursed or you are used a special weapon
>Lost Izalith
lazy piece of shit. The first half (demon ruins) is full of bosses turned into normal enemies and then lost izalith is full of giant dragon butts and eye-burning glowing lava. The area is huge so if you die to the boss it takes forever to go back to it even if you skip every enemy (and you WILL die to it at least once if you are playing it blind)
>Tomb of the Giants
pitch dark area, you need a lantern to see anything. You can use a lantern on your left hand which means you can't use a shield on this area. The only way to use a shield is opening the secret shortcut in lost izalith to obtain a helmet that allows you to see in the dark, and to do that you need to give 40 humanities to quelaag's sister
>Duke's Archives
nothing too bad about this area, just kinda boring. The garden leading to the crystal cave looks awful though

Yeah, that fits. I have no idea why he called it the finale.

Well, if that was the case then killing them without even needing to roll through the opening attack would still be stronger then.

>Spend half a minute kiting and doing fancy stuff, hopin they don't do a fast attack
>Or just kill them
hard choice user, hard choice. At the least it was a choice in DaS, but not in DaS3.
Its even less of a choice against bosses, because both player character and bosses have amazing mobility.

Here comes the bullshit oki. Fucking low IQ scrubs relying on the knockdown to win.

>Spoiling half the game
Also some of it is wrong.
You can "curse" yourself temporarily with an item and they give you plenty for free at the start of the level.
You can enter the shortcut to Lost Izalith from the other side, you don't need to join the covenant. You'll have to kill Solaire though.
Well you may want to visit the DLC before fighting Sif.

I want literally nothing other than cloth physics.
If the DaS remaster doesn't have them I'm not interested.

Hey man does anyone know how to beat the nameless king in dark souls 3

Hit with sword until dead.

That's what I'm doing

>Spoil a game from 2011
The last boss is obviously Gwyn.
Gwynevere (big boobs lady) is an illusion made by Gwyndolin and Anor Londo is dark.
Solaire attacks you but you can save him.
You kill Sif but save him in the DLC.
Artorias is a boss too.
Taurus and Capra Demons become normal enemies.
Queelag has a dying sick Sister.
Lautrec kills a Firekeeper but you can kill him.
Siegmeyer either sacrifices himself or dies later.
Petrus kills Rhea if you don't kill him.
Rheas companions go hollow.
You can go back to the Undead Asylum by sitting in the crows nest for a while.
The big painting is a portal to a new area.
The boss of said area can turn invisible.
Patches betrays you.
Logan goes mad.
Oscar is a hollow in the Asylum.
A illusory wall is in Blighttown in the tree.
Another one after the chest.
After that is a giant hollow tree and at the bottom a lake of ash with another Hydra and a blue sky that only plays music if you look at it.
There are two primordial serpents and both manipulate you.
You have to drain New Londo.
You need the Abysswalker Ring from Sif to enter the Abyss (a black void)
Seath is proetcted by a crystal shard, the first fight you'll have to die.
You get imprisoned and have to escape.
Enter a crystal cave with invisble paths and destroy the shard.
The final boss gwyn is in the Kiln of the first flame.
The music goes: Dim Dum Duuum Dim Dum Diiim Dum Dum
Your ending choice doesn't matter.

Continue hitting.

>After that is a giant hollow tree and at the bottom a lake of ash with another Hydra and a blue sky that only plays music if you look at it.
Sure buddy, I bet your dad works at Nintendo too.

>Seaths Archives is missing 1-2 areas
No, it has 1-2 areas too many.

I never tried the Battle of Stoicism, was the 2v2 any good? Was it sometimes as interesting as a decent invasion?

>spend half a minute kiting and doing fancy stuff
>literally just standing back and hitting R1 for a second or two is fancy stuff
>people using swords in their face have less fear or danger from fast attacks than people standing miles away
It's even easier on most bosses since you don't have to even chase them anywhere and have the full arena to use due to having all the range.

unironically stunning and brave

Seath is missing a transition zone to the Crystal Caves, and the Caves themselves are undersized.
Its a bit how like Ash Lake is suppose to be another zone bigger, but its still wrapped up in a way that makes it far greater for it.

shit after sens fortress of fun

>You can go back to the Undead Asylum by sitting in the crows nest for a while.

Where is the nest? I've been trying to get that fucking bird to pay attention to me.

okay you got my dick in a vice grip here, WHERE IS THIS FROM.

Gotta do some bing bing wahooing in Firelink

Protip: try riding the elevator.

Yep

I'd need the cut content added and it being ported to a new engine for it to be worth it.

and jumping off on a ledge, from there make a tricky roll on a column. Don't jump, just roll off the edge and land on it. Go up and around.
Done.

I've seen the vid where LobosJR discovered this for the first time so

Dud,e gotta let him figure some parts of it out himself.

New engine, fix the bugs, fix backstabs (maybe rebalance)

No, the music goes
pling pling plonggg

>40$
>remaster not remake
>''multiplayer will be super active''
>''every souls fan will want to get this game''
what did they mean by this?

You mean the only portable Souls?
Yea, I'll be enjoying my portable Souls ;^)

>Patches betrays you

:o

>changing dark souls OG multiplayer
>another invasion "balancing" system
>going to be invading into a handicap again
>matches with a host, 2 friendlies, two purples, and a red
DON'T DO IT YOU JAPANESE FUCKS

The fact that they won't show gameplay footage is very concerning. They're only three months out. They have footage, they're just not showing it.

My shield-fu

Thats not what netcode is

The classy choice.

>blues go back to being a non-existent police force.

good bye fun police.

Most people just use 'netcode' to describe anything having to do with internet-mediated interactions.
That's how I use it because I know fuck-all about networks.

I've been staring at that picture watching the drool drip further down pixel by pixel, then I realized it wasn't a .gif

how they can fix ds1 combat:
keep poise the same
keep rolling i-frames and stamina consumption the same
keep equip loads the same (fast roll, midroll, fat roll)
add ds3 backstabs delays
add ds3 rolling r2's and running r2's
add ds3 axe/mace movesets (optional, it would make these weapons more fun though)
give lucerne the regular halberd moveset
make 2h great weapons un-parryable
remove hornet ring

you got trashed buddy, take a break

PSA: if you want demons souls remastered, get dark souls remastered

It's $30, and half that if you own the original DS

10/10

There's no discount, why are you making stuff up?

Well, this person was just a fucking retard first of all.
Second, you can see him turn to run, it seems like the second he did that, the painting guardian attacked resulting in a backstab.

What is there to get angry about? It's a touch up of an old game and being presented as nothing more. There presumably is a market for a prettied up Dark Souls and Namco being a business obliges. Do you bleed blood out of your ass every time Capcom ports RE4 to a new machine or remasters it again? No? Then why be butthurt over this? Dark Souls basically is the RE4 of action adventure games anyway and for many getting a refresher of it is worthy enough. I look forward to it.

With Dark Souls specifically, its unfinished segments make this more of an insult than an RE4 port could ever be.
Also, it might be a lot less pretty than it should be. Won't know until we see it.
Also, the addition of another phantom is fucking weird considering you already can't lose once you have 2 phantoms.

based

>People think it's just going to look better

it's going to run better than the original dark souls as well

>Don't jump, just roll off the edge and land on it.

not if you're playing at 60 fps

*toons

I agree that the second half of the game is weaker, however I don't think its the binary 10/10 to 0/10 as some present it, I think its faults have been exaggerated through repetition of internet discussions emphasizing the turn in quality. It's 6 or 7/10 and still pretty enjoyable except for Lost Izalith of course.

Also yeah a remake might have been great but Namco isn't willing to hand out that kind of money. At least we got AotA.

this is the only correct opinion in this thread.

It also completely undermines the entire point of the dark moon covenant.
You don't NEED soul memory or weapon memory to gimp invaders, when you can just summon in a darkmoon with equal strength.

It's creating solutions to a problem, failing to realise the solution already existed in Dark Souls 1 it just wasn't working properly.

I feel like people fail to realize that it's often the modeling work and polygon counts that make a remaster or remake look a lot better than the original. If all we're getting is texture upgrades ill be a little miffed, the game already has excellent textures in a lot of places.

Yeah, I was mostly referring to Lost Izalith. Large portions of TotG and Duke's Archives are fine.

Darkmoons serving as twink punishers would've been great.

ill probably buy it just to be able to play DS1 with an actual playerbase again, and take advantage of the dedicated servers and better netcode

We're not even getting that user, they'd have advertised it if we were. It's a port to PS4. That's all. They're putting it on PC because it will technically be superior with 60fps and higher resolution support.

At best it's going to be touched up around the edges like the textureless grey areas you can see sometimes.

Is Lost Izalith really that bad though? The area itself is mostly okay for me tbqh, it's the boss that sucked dick imo.

I just hope it has multicore support, the game sorely needs it

>Is Lost Izalith really that bad though?
How did you miss the eye cancer?

the boss sucks and the lava area sucks

Still funny

>those motherfucking archers in Anor Londo

youtube.com/watch?v=qmV8vXkwz24

Sure, because players have full control over when and who they summon and even with optimal summoning time there isn't a huge enough window for some overly leveled invader to land one or two hits and win. It's not like it matters anyway since that's not even how Darkmoon works in DS1, and if they speed up Darkmoons being summoned to the guilty it will just be exactly the same shit in a different hat.
>not having the ability to fully upgrade a weapon and bring it to places where people haven't upgraded at all is "gimping invaders"
You people fuck up the point of invading just as badly as those who do nothing but disconnect and mass summon phantoms.

If someone had me look at Lost Izalith and then asked me what kind of game it belonged to, I would say a below average one. The lava lake is blatantly awful, and then the other portions simply exist. No exploration, just progression.

its like 59 bucks in aussieland

source: aussie

>Anyone who's not in the Way of the White Covenant, get out

Been playing this mod nexusmods.com/darksouls/mods/1372/?tab=description

pretty fun

haven't got up to lost izalith yet so I don't know that they've improved that area or not

also they added some cut content

While I agree that it's subpar compared to other areas in the game, it's still just subpar in an overall great game.

underrated post

:^)

This guy knows what's up. I remember finally beating O&S during my first playthrough and unlocking bonfire warp. It felt great to be rewarded for reaching that milestone. Even after you can warp, you still had to know the levels as your bonfire warp options were limited.

After playing through Dark Souls many times, it was a disappointment to start up DaS2 and discover that the player can go to any bonfire they've been to at any time (without having to overcome a single milestone). It was also greatly disappointing that the world map was clearly designed with this in mind. Contrast the gutter with Blighttown: both are deep descents to areas below the main starting area that you can access near the beginning of the game. The descent to the Gutter is completely irreversible without warping.

I enjoyed Dark Souls 3, but I knew in my bones that the world design wasn't going to be very creative when you need to bonfire warp to access the first area outside of Firelink.

>(without having to overcome a single milestone).

Even in DaS2 you usually have to kill a boss to reach a new bonfire though, with some stupid exceptions being like the 20 meter walk from the start of Black Gulch till the Rotten bonfire.

Either that, or the Switch version will be the only playable one.
Probably the former.

le goblino btfo

out fucking skilled

This is actual shilling. How is this allowed

I dont see this article claiming any sources and wehen they mention the actual game its in one paragraph at the end, it looks to me like this author dropped this little rumor slice at the end to drum ad site views desu

shut the fuck up faggot

>finish the game
>had an easy time with the exception of biggie smalls and gwynn
>forgot to do DLC
>go back, doing magic
>i'm worse at the game

I thought you guys said it was OP? I definitely get that impression in DeS, but DaS is still kicking my ass

Like with all things, you have to get used to it first. It also gets exponentially stronger as you get more spell choice and uses.

>The descent to the Gutter is completely irreversible without warping.
I will never understand why shit like this matters to some people.

If you don't like the bonfire warping, just don't use it. There's even a reward for abstaining from it.

DeS > DaS

Not to mention that RTS makes some spells do far more than the +50% damage they should. Combine that with bellowing and pretty princess hat and you'll have a field day one-shotting bosses.

>Laptops aren't portable
and don't try and tell me you can't put it in your pocket or play it in the park because no one should

>and fixed screen tearing
I already fixed that just forcing vsync in the control panel though

yea but what bottoms are those in the second row

yea but what bottoms are those

Is an modded loin cloth that removes the flap and just leaves the thong.
See>>

well what leggings in game give best ass

The cancer killing videogames, and you know it

At least Todd gave Skyrim Remastered away for free, to those who bought the Legendary edition.

It's compression, mate.

>Fuck up the point of invading
It was always meant to be a bad thing for the player to go through, and to be a dirty free-for-all, I'm not a fan of twinks but they're not playing the game wrong to do what they do

How can anyone find DS1 player characters to be attractive? Fuck, DS2 characters are still hideous.

It was meant to be a dangerous and frightening challenge to deal with as you progress through a level knowing one of the enemies is out hunting for you, not "lol lets 1shot noobs"

I will buy dark souls on nintendo switch
I will take it on trips with me

So you don't know.

thig

>Dark Souls after New Londo

I hate how people consider this game to be a masterpiece, despite the 2nd half being hot garbage.

If they didn't fix the Ultra glow lava then it isn't worth the money.

>Implying they're actually going to fix faults

so anything about new content? already played it to death and nobody cares about arenas, and everything else you could get it with the almost obligatory fix mod

A guy invading you and hunting you, dealing absurd amounts of damage isn't frightening or dangerous?

they mean it's going fucked be the same metafags and gankers that ruined the first game for so many people.

wait a minute

>Dark Souls after the first bell

You know what, fair enough.

isn't the switch version being made separately because of how much the console sucks compared to the others in engine?

It doesn't last long enough to mount any kind of tension. There needs to be that glimmer of hope to make snuffing it out all the more brutal.

Post your route, dude, I want to do it too.

i wouldn't put it like that but it's not as compatible they'd basically have to make two hd remakes instead of 1 with 3 ports.

I'll get it for switch

user FUCKING ANSWER US WHERE IS THIS FROM

smol hollow

This isn't such a bad idea. Jaer-Eel should've been a big ol' Darkwraith boss dude to keep with the theme of the area.

It's blatant at this point. They couldn't leave the online the same, they HAD to "improve" it so that the host always has at least 2 more people up his ass the whole way. If backstabs will remain untouched it won't matter because the new wave of Souls players don't know shit about strafing correctly to get them/avoid them.

Weapon memory could work if it worked the both ways. Instead you just make it nearly impossible to invade. You get not just +10 ultrascrub, but also his retarded summon friends. Invasion bullying was never that much of an issue to justify literally completely ruining invasion mechanics to prevent it. It was like 10% of overpowered invasion to 90% balanced invasions ratio. They can completely remove invasions at this point.

how come they haven't show anything since the teaser?

Honestly I hope to high hell they put the DS3 gameplay engine in here, if only just to piss off everyone who hates DS3 for no reason.

It'll be fun

Both

Now people are just going to complain that because it's being developed in house, From Software is delaying all the other stuff that they would have worked on.

You just can't win with people.

They all use the same engine you stupid faggots

Only like half of Lost Izalith is actually shit. The other half, and the other 3 areas, are all great. Don't listen to these retards.

Oh for fuck's sake they could've fixed Lost Isalith at least, bunch of lazy cash grabbing cunts

It's coming, just accept it. There was a minute chance if it wasn't in-house or if they weren't re-working the online. Now that both are confirmed, it's practically guaranteed.

Agreed.

>they could've fixed Lost Isalith at least

How? How, in a remaster and not a remake, do you fix an entire major area of a game which is poorly conceived from the start and broken in execution on top of that?
This is why the remaster is a shitty idea, because the game's real flaws would need full remaking and not just a touch-up.

But to say they're "lazy" for not changing the entirety of Lost Izalith in a remaster is just foolish.

>expecting to get me to buy this on release
Not this time faggot. I better hear confirmed news that they're going to finished the rest of the project by the internal team since Izalith and the rest of the game was all rushed bullshit that had so much potential.

So to get a better understanding. The remaster version is just gonna be a graphically enchaned version?

It's the same game with better resolution and framerate. Well, and not dead online. Switch is portable, I guess.

>if it worked both ways
Isn't that literally the only way the concept can work at all? Anyway, all they need to do otherwise is add an animation to summoning phantoms and make it so that the health increases to enemies from summons are permanent until you rest at a bonfire.

You can still get to the other side new londo door early without it. Go thru New Londo and lower the water. Running thru the ghost room is a pain if you dont cheese red boi with firebombs tho

Well it's the same game and they are basically just slapping higher res textures, making it 60 fps and charging 40 bucks for it, seems pretty lazy and sleazy to me and by the way just because other studios are doing / did this already doesn't change that fact one bit

>homeless keanu reeves

Also will include all the dlc or something along those lines.

Wrong

>All the faggots in this thread praying they can do one sided invasions again

I hope they literally copy and paste how it works in DS3 just so I can hear you cry about it when the game comes out. Invading without any risk involved is horseshit and you know it.

next your gonna bitch about the red barrel, aren't you?

This is from a mod for DS1 you faggot

Bamco/Nintendo probably just wanted something to sell to switchbabs that they probably hadn't already played and could easily be slapped onto the system.
Just include DSfix in it and a few other changes and bam, instant easy Switch port that all the nintenbros ignored because they couldn't play it until now.

I'll agree it's kind of a cash grab but I don't blame From for that, and especially don't blame them for not being able to fix what's actually wrong with the game.

>Invading without any risk involved is horseshit

There's already no risk in 3. You lose literally nothing for dying in an invasion. The point is it's not fun for the invader in the slightest and a completely worthless mechanic. The reason invasions were created in DeS was because being human was a massive advantage, it doubled your health, freed up a ring slot, and allowed you to summon.

DaS completely fucked this up by making the advantages of being human completely negligible, so the ONLY people who get invaded are
A. complete babbies who need summons to carry them or just plain don't know what being human does
B. people who just wanna co-op with their friends

So the only people who get properly invaded are usually people who have no idea what they're doing, get destroyed by a twink (and twinking is actually hard if you're not cheating to do it because beating Four Kings at low level requires a lot of game knowledge), and whine about it to From. Which is why invaders have only gotten weaker over time, which is stupid as fuck because it's the entire counterbalance to going human in the first place. An entire mechanic just doesn't work because From is afraid to let players get fucked with half health or get fucked by an invader.

What is there to be showed? It's just Dark Souls but now with native 60fps and prettier graphics.

using humanities without any risk involved is horseshit and you know it

>no reason
You are funny person.

>literally just slap havel's on and swing a lot
>a lot of game knowledge

I did that just recently, but I was playing a faith-centric build with faith-scaling weapons going for darkwraith, and four kings seriously became seven kings. It was incredibly fucked. Your memory is failing you if you think getting a full red eye orb is that easy, you have to build REALLY specifically around getting it.
I'm going to hazard a guess and say that if you just had a friend play through the game three times, they would never ever even know Kaathe existed outside of being mentioned in the dark ending. You have to remember what it feels like to know absolutely jack shit about this game.

>remaster an incomplete game
>don't even bother completing the game

Darkwraith path is intentionally obtuse and almost nobody would realize he exists outside reading it from the internet. Probably intentional and probably just From being retarded about it.
I did 8+ characters and I guarantee you 4kids was super easy in all of them, even in my 1SL run. They're just so fucking stupidly broken as a boss.

I lose my time and my patience for dying to an invasion. Yeah it eventually becomes easier to deal with when you stop seeing twinks and start seeing legitimate players, but when I get one good hit in and the guy just hugs the nearest silver knight like a bitch until I happen to look away instead of fighting me, it turns into a colossal waste of time.

I'm not the kind of guy who has his 2 friends protecting him the entire time like a bab but I love the blue system. The first time I got invaded after Sulvahyn and saw an Aldrich faithful show up and kill the guy it was awesome, there needs to be a risk for the invaders so they cant just hide like bitches after they realize they don't have a staggering advantage.

Which is why I like the current system

4k isnt even hard just roll under teh right armpit and 2h ur weapon

I hope they have the decency to give it away / discount for previous owners, I mean Darksiders did it, Sleeping Dogs, hell even Bioshock did it and probably some others I'm forgetting now, just hope they don't pull a Gearbox on us like they did with Bulletstorm, that was complete bullshit

>the grab which is basically RNG whether it hits you or not
>the explosion attack which, if you're in full havel's, you can't humanly dodge and which will break the block of anything less than a greatshield
>the ranged magic attacks which have awful depths perception and can force you into not attacking the current king until it hits you

again, I did this very recently with a relatively low-damage weapon and had seven fucking kings despite dealing as much as I could
I'd consider myself a pretty experienced player considering I have about 220 hours and it's still not easy if I don't have a damage-centric melee build

Multiverse Bra

If anything it'll be 50% off

just like dark souls 2

>we're sooner getting a DaS remaster that doesn't do shit with the unfinished 2nd half instead of a DeS remaster that touches up the combat

Nigga just fucking roll and press that sprint button

Enjoy:

>everything thats not from From Software is trash
So, trash is trash and non trash is trash too? I cant get it

I miss when armor actually meant something, screw the fashion souls fags.

Ask Sony about it.

Play From's pre-DeS games you ingrate

Will it run like total ass on my PC, like DS3?

Ask Atlus about it.

>Summoning Blade of the Darkmoon
>Host has already been instakilled by the invaders +300 pyromancy flame and instagib *teleports behind u* backstab dagger
yeah nah fuck off

>Weapons literally bouncing off people with no effect of they picked the right armor.

Oh yeah, totally outskilling those dexfags I tell ya what

You'll have to ask both of them since the rights are tied between them like a messy divorce. DeS remaster likely never. You'll sooner see a Bloodborne remaster from Sony on the PS5 then you will see a DeS remaster.

What said, what the fuck is the point of invasions if the invader is for sure going to fucking kill you in a completely 1 sided fight. Invaders already have the luxury of the mobs and environment not affecting them...they should stand a chance at losing.

your bullshit argument can be applied to DaS 1

>i can't access the second half of the game because I have to ring 2 bells whaaaaaa

That's the effect of the Iron Flesh spell, dumbass

Bet you didn't know Havel's shield has a built in iron flesh spell

You can tho. Without glitches you can still you to most of tomb of the giants, some of demon ruins and all of New Londo.

nigger, the remaster is going to be that big of a change

>Give me B team and Dark Souls 2 magic

>how they can fix ds1 combat:
change nothing

FTFY

They did something like that with Scholar of the First Sin, so I don't see why they wouldn't here.

That's not the price it is in the US dude

>Drop down with minimal enemies to ground level
>head directly into spidertits

Gee, I wonder why they didn't want to take the extra time and go through the maze-like, suspended, low FPS area filled with ambushers, toxic blowdarts, and club-wielding fatties. Invaders were the least of the reasons to go through the back.

That being said, I like the first part of Blighttown. Ain't that bad once you know your way

Exactly you can't fix garbage

>implying they won't remove the invasion barrier after killing bosses

Yeah like the area you can see through the level because they forgot to render a wall?

will pirate this and play with a "trainer" to BTFO everything for an hour then get bored and uninstall.exe....like every other game... man i'm getting old :(

MHW

I love the part where they only had time to make two enemy types, one of which was already in Demon Ruins, and just slapped them all over the place despite neither of those enemy types being interesting to fight.

DaS1 metal looks good.

I tried really hard

Assassin's Creed Origins has Souls combat.

Nice character user.

You can put the shield in your right hand to 2hand it and reduce the required strength needed to use the shield special

anyone got that webm of gwynevere's unused animations where she kinda leans forward and her boob jiggles, i need to prove people wrong

>B-Team working on DS 1 Remaster, since A-Team is on Shadows Die Twice

How will the B-Team fuck up this time, Cred Forums?

Have you tried not cheating? Might make things more interesting.

Are they gonna finish it this time?

not necessarily a good thing lol

RIP 60fps. game will run like ass.

So you copied from a youtube video, wow

youtube.com/watch?v=OCUfpLg0BZY

>paying for a texture mod

so that you don't need any stats in pyromancy and just use your gas coated weapons to cast it, pyromancy flame is just lighter

This basically. I've finished all of Dark Souls III except the Ringed City and I've kept my weapons at +9, because moving up to +10 will lessen the amount of people I can play with. It's a bit stupid, really. I'm not even using boss weapons or anything. I'm not particularly powerful.

And yet people praise the living shit out of Demon's Souls for doing the same thing.

Most people are 80 +10 at the DLCs, so there's no real point in gimping yourself like that.

>there are morons that thought lost izalith would be fixed

I just want textures in that little area before BoC. It's not even anything anyone gives a shit about, but I'd like it.

>Dark Souls Remastered is being developed internally at From Software
Bad thing.

This could easily have been used for her giving the player the Lord Vessel, why did they cut this?

>call it remastered
>don't add any cut content

Sadly still not as bad as DS3 pvp, they keep making to worst possible decisions in attempting to balance it with every subsequent game

>1080p resolution with 30FPS when playing the game on Nintendo Switch with its TV mode.

Honestly I hate that it's nothing new and just a literal cashgrab, but I do like the idea that it'll get people playing again and make multiplayer more alive. invading is a big thing in das and das1 is dead right now everywhere except forest.

It's a shameless cash grab. If they can't make a new Souls game to fill demand then they should work on other titles intead of rehashes nobody wanted to begin with. Dark Souls with DSfix is playable on modern systems and remastering the same flawed and dated shit with all its issue ridden mechanics is not what anybody is asking for.
I wish they'd just focus for a few years on the netcode and imporvements along that line to make the multiplayer experience more enjoyable for future games. Instead they recycle their dated engine with even more dated gameplay and throw in a few higher res textures that will likely mess with the visual composition of the original in a negative way. I also doubt there's a large market for people who want to play an old game that they could have easily picked up on many platforms since.

>Dude gravestones LMAO
What is the lore explanation for this shit

Don't forget, porting by that studio that did LA Noire that pumped it full of better textures while allowing the framerate to drop to 20fps

Agreed

Dark souls is one of the best games ever made

I have a feeling they'll be bringing a few systems up to date, but as long as the level design is unchanged I'm good. Easily the best level design in the core series, although it was indeed outdone by Bloodborne.

how do you know that stupid faggot? does your dad work at fromsoft?

>Inb4 gear based matchmaking as well.
Because twinks with +10 weapons in undead burg are very fair and fun to deal with! :) Have you already made a reddit thread? Gonna need a link! :)