What part are you on?

It really sucks by the end of disc 1

i just finished the wutai sidequest

>holy fuck! this game has been amazing so far
>this game is amazing

O SHIT!
>shields user
Don't worry user, I got you covered!

Yeah, it really is a good one. What party are you using? I usually pick Cid and Vincent.

I disagree. Disc 1 is the best part of the game you look back on, but it never feels like the game starts to suck at any point to me.

Cloud(obviously)Aerith and Red XII.All level 30-32

It's going to be a lot better once you have KotR+Mimic ;-)

Uh oh, uhhh, I'd recommend you get out of the thread ASAP if you don't wanna get spoiled. Unless you've been spoiled already.

I envy you; I wish I could experience FFVII for the first time again.

aside from the obvius Aerith dies spoiler,no,i made this thread to get some tips on the game

download New Threat mod

stop playing and download the new threat mod.

it was pretty magical :)

>i made this thread to get some tips on the game
have you tried using your autoattack to win?

what's autoattack?

There is actually another huge spoiler in the game. It's not discussed or as popular, but it's pretty significant. So be careful.

OP here,after i finish FF7 i plan to do the other stuff related to the continuity(watch advent children and play before crisis,crisis core and dirge of cerberus).Question is,in what order should i do that stuff?Also,is this the longest Final Fantasy game or is thre one that's even longer?

Don't ruin it for yourself. Everything else related to FF7 is pure trash. Don't bother with it unless you're a masochist.

The continuity is considered pretty shit by most, you're better off letting it be and play something else.
It's the typical length of a Final Fantasy game.

I personally liked Advent Children as a fanservice movie and Crisis Core was good for one playthrough, but is right for the most part.

I don't recommend you do anything of that except maybe Crisis Core. Everything related to FF 7 that isn't the actual game is not nearly as good

How can I be a racist when whitewashed Barret looks just as retarded to me?

Tbh Tifa looks better as niger.

The death of Aerith isn't the spoiler. Leave now.

thanks for the tips!i was also planning to play the other Final fantasy games,from 8 up until 10,but,are those games also good?should i play the others?

Cloud
>retarded as fuck, made him a furry
Tifa
>THICC
Barrett
>I NEVER ASKED FOR THIS
Sephiroth
>could be cool if he had a thick swahili accent

They're all at least good, all with their own pros and cons. You will probably hate at least one out of those 4 games you picked. For me it's 10.

Play FF6 and Chrono Trigger

Tits and Kekeroth are sporting niger look. Barret looks as he belongs more in Overwatch and Cloud looks as Jaden Smith.

Blackaroth looks great.

Character rate:

>Cloud
Goes without saying that he's OP. I can't believe they give you the long range materia so early in the game. That seems like endgame materia.

>Barret
Also OP as long as you ignore his short range weapons. Catastrophe is inferior to Ungarmax/Angermax.

>Tifa
Usefulness is pretty limited, her limit is garbage and her weapons are also trash except for powersoul+cursed ring combo, but by the time you get the ring, it won't be long before her dps is outstripped or, at the very least, beaten by something with a greater reward-to-risk ratio.

>Aeris
Powerful in that she gets her limits super fast, but unless you're a completionist and want to make sure she has all her limits, there's no point in taking her.

>Red XIII
Shit-tier. All his limits are awful, as are his weapons. I also hate him because he has the most unsellable weapons that crowd up the inventory.

>Yuffie
Strong in the early game, best to level up her limits before the Wutai sidequest. After her sidequest is over, though, she's pretty average.

>Cait Sith
Also shit tier. Not one good weapon or reliable limit, plus he only has two limits altogether.

>Vincent
The worst long range fighter, his limits are terrible. His final weapon sucks unless you grind kills with Vincent a lot.

>Cid
OP limits and coolest weapons. He's a must-have for endgame grinding since he's the only character other than Cloud to have a weapon with a triple growth rate.

These guys speak the truth. I had a friend that hadn't played it until 2014 and the real twist was a major shock for him.

>having a party at endgame
After getting KotR and Mimic, I killed my party members. They just weigh you down.

I use Phoenix-Final Attack as a safety net, though, so it's hard for my characters to stay dead.

Yuffie is good late in the game thanks to her ultimate weapon and level 3 multi-hit limit.

That's what you get for being a coward.

>actually using mimic kotr

Why? Don’t you want to actually play the game.

I get both those materials every playthrough for the completion but never use them. Game is way more fun if you actually play it.

Easily the best game. Only thing missing was best girl.

I enjoy breaking games. Don't act like the game is hard to begin with.

For Tifa's powersoul setup you just need to learn enemy skill death sentence which you can get really early, stacking her with HP plus so she can be in critical at decent HP too. You might not even need to use Deathblow to do 9999 if you have both those effects going on.

Yuffie is great for her ultimate weapon, which you can use with morph for source farming.

Remember all the deep gameplay in FF7 that required strategy?

because I sure as fuck don't.

this game is a complete snoozefest to me. I like the art details and the towns but its painfully dull and the plot/characters almost couldn't be edgier and less written for teenagers

I do.

What am I supposed to do when I'm fighting Emerald Weapon? Not use materia?

The game is simple enough that a child who grinds a lot can beat it

It's complicated enough that you can set up Lv 1 Cloud beating a completely powered-up Safer Sephiroth (every other party member is at Lv 99, boosting the bosses' stats)

>It's complicated enough that you can set up Lv 1 Cloud beating a completely powered-up Safer Sephiroth
yeah but there's no point to doing that

Farming for sources doesn't seem worth it, but I will consider your death sentence recommendation.

post party. mine is
Yuffie - main
Cloud - summons shit
Cait sith - healing slut

>First playthrough, went in blind
>Cloud, Tifa, and Red XIII
I'm sure you couldn't manage anything against the weapons with that party but I enjoyed their animations and sounds, plus Tifa's limit break is fun.

how many times have you reposted this shit since last year?

i just found out my burnt memorex's arent working. just now. fuck. have to redownload
why is ntsc 700mb bigger than pal? i need ntsc i believe for my save games
from what i remember, i was stuck in some desert place and needing to get out, then i was stuck on trying to find out where to go. so i was stuck in some desert bowl
and is the game really that bad?

Anyone feel like Nomura would've reversed the animal motifs for Cloud and Squall if he had the chance to do it over? Cloud was much more lion-like in how he was always about being brave and confronting his weakness, and Squall was the lone wolf that acted distant. Cloud has the bright, wild hair like a lion and Squall wears a coat with grey fur.

I don't think he put that much thought into this particular aspect of their characters.

I'm sure you can find something to change your savegames's region

Materia system was fucking great. Sure it could be broken but it was satisfying as fuck to click everything into place.

Really want to replay this game, but at the same time I absolutely don't. I know it's an absolute fucking impossibility at this point, but I hope the remake is good. Playing FFX Remaster at the moment and I'm really enjoying it. It blows my mind that they could make a game that looks that fucking good on a PS2. Shame they fucked up Tidus' face.

>Playing FFX Remaster at the moment and I'm really enjoying it. It blows my mind that they could make a game that looks that fucking good on a PS2.
I'm confused. You're playing the Remaster, which looks different from the PS2 version.

Alright, everyone, let's get real. Lets say it was the old FF7, but it had weapons that let you link THREE materia instead of two (one blule materia linked to two non-blue materia or two blue materia linked to one non-blue materia). What's the most broken combo in this new system?

I haven't played the PS2 version in a long time, but I thought it was just a case that they boosted the resolution of the game? Did they redo all the prerendered backgrounds?

Nigger, do you expect me to memorize fucking materia from a game I last played over 10 years ago?
I don't know man. Quatro+Drain+All?

Remember all the hate this game got in the mid - late 00's?

>barret

MEGAN/10

>sephiroth

Intra desting/10

>Tifa

BLEACHED/10

>Cloud

shit

autist

Squall wants to be a lion though so he chose the lion.

He wanted to be a lion, and instead he became Yugi Muto. Such is the life of Squall.

>Yugi Muto (武藤遊戯, Mutō Yūgi), also romanized as Yugi Mutou is the protagonist of the original Yu-Gi-Oh! series, along with the spirit of Yami Yugi. Yugi is kind-hearted and child-like. He is good at games, riddles, and puzzles, especially Duel Monsters. It was stated once that Yugi is the modern day version of Pharaoh Atem.

?

Cloud looks retarded and Barret looks like he never asked for this, but I'm digging Sephiroth and I sure would dig that Tifa.

It's time to d-d-d...d-d-d-d-d-d-draw!

I'm talking about Triple Triad you dolt.

They redid the model, backgrounds everything.

That makes sense.

>meet your long lost adopted sister for the first time in a decade while on a space station
>play cards repeatedly until she gives up your dad's card

Squall literally becomes the strongest being in the universe, if all you do is play cards.

I submit the following real life scenario as proof that Triple Triad is horribly designed:

>decide I'm going to grind cards to get the ultimate weapon on disc one
>never play triple triad again after I leave for Galbadia
>decide I want to refine Laguna to refine for 100 heroes
>brute force Ellone with my obsolete deck without learning any of the advanced rules
>win anyway

Challenge and fun.

I've beaten this game several times. What spoiler are you talking about?

I'm guessing it's that the Sephiroth you've been chasing all the time is in fact Jenova.

That's weak sauce compared to all the Cloud-related stuff that happens soon afterward.

I guess that's a major plot twist. Maybe it's the whole cloud/zack stuff they're talking about?

Most FF games are about 30-40 hours. I'd say 12 is probably the longest.

>brute forcing the encounter with the most RNG bullshit
>this game is badly designed

>i plan to do the other stuff related to the continuity(watch advent children and play before crisis,crisis core and dirge of cerberus).Q
I really wouldnt bother man. The movie is cringe at best and arguably ruins the ending of the game. Crisis Core is not a good game. It was just a playable PSP game at a time when the system was in a drought

Don't play Dirge of Cerberus user.

Did you find the cross-dressing part offensive? If so, you should apply for a job at polygon or buzzfeed.

I don't really like how all characters just end up learning magic they all end up the same aside from their normal attack and limit break.

Uhh...yeah. That's how that works. You shouldn't be able to just skip from fodder players at the start of the game to top tier players at the end with little difficulty.

>says not to play DC
>posts the coolest character in DC
I reflect the sentiment that no one should play DC, but at least give Nero a little credit.

>Don't play Dirge of Cerberus
That pic screams "play me".

I thought you couldn't play Before Crisis because it was Japanese cellphones only? All the compatible phones must be old as fuck by now, too.

Man, what the fuck happened with Dirge anyway? The story is so terrible it's hilarious, but the gameplay is pure suffering.

I guess it's technically true that he's the coolest character but that's not really saying much.

Except you didn't care about anything other than getting a specific card. Ellone is only hard because every rule is in effect in space and you don't want to lose any of your cards to her. If you are trying to collect all the cards in the game she is much more difficult, especially if you don't save scum.