Game's art style gets worse as the series progresses

>game's art style gets worse as the series progresses

honk

>game's story gets worse as the series progresses

This was still the dumbest pitch I have ever heard for Zelda. All they did was color Link purple and call him Zelda. Fucking retards ate it up too.

Pretty shitty for 20 years

this happened with nwn- > nwn2. they built a new engine for nwn2 but the game was pretty ugly. meanwhile witcher 1 was built on a modified nwn engine and looked great for its era.

also diablo 2 -> diablo 3.

What the fuck is the weapon supposed to do? Does pulling the handle like cause the blade to vibrate or something? Seems pretty pointless, it isn't like a chainsaw where you need to power the blade..

That's cool

I think it's a fire sword.

Theres something I dislike about this persons art, and I still have no idea what it is. Something to do with the way she draws faces or the eyes, they look vacant.

the two barrels pointing downwards are probably flamethrowers

there is literally nothing about this picture that isn't a trashy cliché

I think it's the way he shades his characters.

Like, look at Link. His character design is geometric and stylized, which is fine, but the way he renders them is more painterly with a lot of blending and soft color choices. It makes things like his eyes, hair and ears feel really flat in comparison to the fabric or nose.

His character design and technique are working against each other.

I like their idea for Lonk.

It might be, I dont know, it seems like the eyes never change from image to image, and they always have a low brow, something about it is really off putting.

any blizzard game

This might be a bit /r/ but does anyone have musclegirl Link images that were posted around the time hyrule warriors was being released.
It was called something like Lonk or something similar

That isn't worse though.
Big on the Cerebus syndrome but improved on a technical level

>Obviously working with layers
>Still leave your guidelines (an unnecesary amount too) in an attempt to make it seem better than it is

How embarassing, why do people keep dowing this?

>game has great art style
>sequels start pandering to weebs

it shows people you're an artist :)

>posts a pic from BC era wow

thats a spin off

for a second I thought this was the dad who redraws his son's drawings.

pupil to eye-white ratio. It's normal if it makes you feel unsettled. Look up sanpaku eyes

meant iris instead of pupil

hmmmmmm

Christ, Moira is such a terrible design.

i love big-titty Mercy. a shame she's been NEUTERED in the actual game

Mercy is such horrendous design for team-based FPS that I couldn't care less if she was practically deleted from the game.

He obviously had the guidelines on the same layer as the rest of the inks and just made a second layer for the colors.
Cleaning up your lines is a pain in the ass, for something like that it's totally excusable not to.

All designs from Overwatch are derivative trash.

Then why didn't he place his guidelines on another layer?
It ain't hard

You can tell it's not all actual guidelines, as he adds more 'fake' guidelines to make the drawing look rougher.
Dozens of lines on there that don't relate to anything, but I guess add grit, or so the artist thinks.

Those are starters set that looks bad, t5 and t6 was the best armors they ever made.