This guy has to be the dumbest, most dense protagonist of all time. Chapter 7 makes him seem clinically retarded

This guy has to be the dumbest, most dense protagonist of all time. Chapter 7 makes him seem clinically retarded.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wykuK2T1T7Q
youtube.com/watch?v=5oVY-sXGT-E
youtube.com/watch?v=8bYsCiCEvzs
youtube.com/watch?v=hBM99ZkSgLs
youtube.com/watch?v=AvtYIZ6O_VY
youtube.com/watch?v=ApcbKY2JrMs
youtube.com/watch?v=oyy9iwQ7iD8
youtube.com/watch?v=v8FckEqIo1Q
youtube.com/watch?v=tD5GTjCqUSM
youtube.com/watch?v=as2N0m_zv-o
youtube.com/watch?v=ge_HGAGJgHE
youtube.com/watch?v=JJh6pj1HBHk
youtube.com/watch?v=MfpplDh9TFQ
youtube.com/watch?v=WM9Mq_Gjn50
youtube.com/watch?v=cvTb1VgABw8
youtube.com/watch?v=0cNmgwQHgR4
strawpoll.me/15104335
youtube.com/watch?v=9sKp2ZdBaYI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Xenoblade 2 is the worst entry in the franchise. Takahashi needs to stop writing and hire someone else to write the next one.

How old is Rex supposed to be? They keep calling him a kid or LITTLE SHIT, but do we have a concrete age?

That's the impression i get off literally every character in the game wherever i see a clip

He's 15.

Chinese characters are retarded.
Look at that forehead, eyes, upper lip to nose, ratio compared to head.

What was I doing so wrong at 15?

He’s up there, but there are worse out there.

I like the idea of Rex in the same way I like the idea of Shulk. Someone with a worker class trade or job unsuited to Adventure but gets thrust into it anyway. Problem is they never explored it with Shulk and Rex just fucking sucks.

Did you have a job and were you providing for an entire village?

>This guy has to be the dumbest, most dense protagonist of all time.

they need to get a new character designer

Rex looks like fucking shit

he is like 10 years old

Oh come on. He's not that bad.

Cant wait for the chuggaconroy LP/Infinitely Indepth Guide

dont forget this fucking design

What is the best dub? The welsh shit is unbearable and I cant do the fucking high pitched jap voices either. The voices are the main reason I have not picked it up.

Is there like a german or french or fucking anything else dub I could put on?

*she never shaved

I love Nia's Welsh.

If you want you can mute the game and watch some Portuguese episodes of Star Trek.

Source? I mean that's the age I'd guess too

>Cred Forums is too dumb to understand the plot of this very simple story
Seriously? His whole sense of outright positivity, regardless of how naive and childlike it may be, is essential to the narrative. I mean the game lays this out before you, especially so with side quests and in the main quest explaining the nature of blades and their memories, and you still didn't understand it? Goddamn, how did you fags manage HS Lit?

Literally no one complained about the plot you faggot, we're complaining about the fact that Rex is fucking retarded.

No, this game easily had the most dense protagonist of all time.

Thanks for reading what I wrote and understanding it, you reactionary woman.

It has nothing to do with how positive he is you fucking moron. It's about how he can't realize the simplest of things. Chapter 7 is almost unbearable to watch. Constant cutscenes about how Rex fails to realize that Nia is a blade despite every sign pointing to it.

Yeah you're probably right. Completely ruined the ending too.

>"so here's how this whole transfer thing works Simon"
>"oh ok"
>two hours later
>"OH NO WHAT THE FUCK YOU DIDN'T EXPLAIN ANYTHING REEEEE"

>not one person in this thread has actually explained how he's stupid
>nor has anyone considered how his initial stupidity was relevant to the plot and how he grew out of it

So you want to ignore how they everyone else missed it too? Even Zeke? Also Almalthus dies along with Mik, Patroka and Akhos. Klaus = father and the world tree is a space station.

>The situation is dire, but let me recite this lame random salvager code quote like I am Lloyd Irving with his dwarven wovs, cause those were awesome."

>"I love you Rex."
>"I love you and everybody! XD"

He was raised by an old dinosaur and some brown lady, of course he's retarded.

I agree, you'd have to be retarded to ignore this.

I'll give you dense but he is clearly not dumb since he seems pretty knowledgable about his work and situations happening around the world

But what if he got both?

Then don't break Nia's heart like that.

You're retarded for playing the english dub.

Suki can mean different things. The english dub just made it love even thought it can be misunderstood.

Weebshit games are retarded here’s your problem

there's nothing wrong with Emil

A lot of the characters in XC2 are dumb.
Pyra/Azurda could explain the whole plot to Rex from the start of Ch 2, but don't.
Mythra could have helped way earlier and saved Vandham, but did not.
Amalthus is blatant evil pope and nobody gives it much thought.
Klaus is retarded for letting Amalthus come up and take the Aegis's.
Jin needed a child to say a few optimistic words to change his mind on destroying the world over Lora's death, something he couldn't get past during his FIVE HUNDRED YEARS of moping.

The characters aren’t dumb
The retarded nip faggots who made the game are

I played with the Japanese voice acting. Nia being in love with Rex in the first place was retarded, Rex's dumb cliche reply even more so, misunderstanding or not. That exchange completely killed the pathos and awesomeness of the scene.

ye gonna shave me muff with that rex?

i fucking hate rex

If you mean when he denied Nia confession by saying he loves everyone, it’s because he is in love with Pyra/Mythra at that point, so he dissimulated.

Everybody knows but nobody cares because they like Nia.

>This guy has to be the dumbest, most dense protagonist of all time
Unironically this title goes to Solid Snake in MGS4

It's mentioned 3 or so times in the game.

The less said about MGS4, the better.

You're actually quite dumb yourself from the looks of it

Several of my friends are 15 year old boys on up.

They are fucking retardedly dense most of the time.

I’m sure they are, Father.

fuck off peter pan

I'm almost 30, and still as dense as I was at 13.

I had an erotic dream about her.

Please tell me more.

Stripping each other off and having sex at the bedroom

It’s because they go with the beta pussy route. Have you ever actually met a kid whose forced to do trade labor at that age just to keep his family afloat? They only do it because either their dad is a fucking loser or there’s something going on in the family. Those are tough fucking kids, most of them don’t look or act their age, it’s the only group of kids who really are “mature for their age”.

They’re the kids that don’t laugh at jokes or hang out because they’re too stressed and too busy, they dress like men and are basically forced to be men way too early. They’re not exactly the kids afraid to hold hands with a chick or who mince words, but that’s something a nip game designer wouldn’t understand so instead we get retards like helmet boy.

To be fair, there were people posting on Cred Forums when that game came out that didn't understand how it worked either, even having played it.
Some people either can't, or refuse to understand that things like consciousness transfers / teleportation etc. either wouldn't work, or would have severe drawbacks, should they ever exist.

>people actually find this shit attractive
furry level of autism

t. nia

You were playing a JRPG, what did you expect?

What do you mean?

There is nothing wrong with Emil, you might not like him but he has literally and unironically double the personality and character that Rex has.

>protagonist
BLOODY HELL

>teenager is dumb
Whoa, immersion ruined, holy fucking shit this is some bad writing.
You are now manually remembering all the stupid shit you did when you were a pre-teen/teen

Except none of us were oblivious and we didn't go on adventures.

>none of us were oblivious
Oh, you still ARE a teenager

We were all oblivious, I don't care how 'smart' or 'mature' you THINK you were when you were a teenager.

>my life growing up was this way therefore everybody else's was EXACTLY the same

>I was a perfect little gentlemen during the violent maelstrom of hormones and physical/mental development
K.

worst girl.

Except I'm 28 and you don't even know what my lifestyle was like.

I like him, for a naive kid I like how realistic he is from alot of JRPG protagonist, the first few lines of the game show us that he does salvaging not because some grand sense of duty or he feel like he was destined to do it, it because of cold hard fucking cash how many JRPG MC can you hear that they were in it for the money, not a lot.His kindness is also great too, nowaday we either get cold brooding faggot or apathetic cynical faggot, so a down to earth guy like Rex is nice, he's basically pic related but not as smart.

no because Corrin exists

>We were all oblivious
Not saying I was smart or mature when I was 15, but I sure as hell wasn't a caricature like Rex.

I think you example of a protagonist not doing their job for the sake of money is weird.

Isn't that how it starts for a lot of jrpg protagonists? That they're just seemingly normal people?

I meant that his primary job before finding Pyra was working his 9 to 5 job, while alot of JRPG protagonist I seen just day dream about a greater purpose in life before the inevitable life changing event.

>while alot of JRPG protagonist I seen just day dream about a greater purpose in life before the inevitable life changing event.
?

>while alot of JRPG protagonist I seen just day dream about a greater purpose in life
Out of curiousity, could you name a couple?

Like, Grandia 1 comes to mind but other than that I can't remember many protagonists going for a greater purpose in life in a really big sense.

Unlike every other protag in every jRPG and shonen ever?

How is he permitted to have a voice actor that bad in English. He destroys every important moment for his character

Driver Nia does nothing for me but her blade form is one of the cutest fucking things I've ever seen in my life. I would do so many things to those__ears__

I would hang her by them

She handled Rex's disgusting rejection of her far better than she was obligated to. Why do people want to see her suffer?

>Why do people want to see her suffer?
Because her fans are fucking insufferable.

Well, he IS a kid

I just want to.
I think up the worst shit for her to be into, though they're rather generic

Is this your first time playing a game with any kind of harem element to it?

No, because I played the first Xenoblade, and Meliafags- while still annoying- weren't even close to being as cancerous as niafags.

Xenonlade 1 isn't a harem.

Then neither is Xenoblade 2. I'm not going to debate you on this because I'd rather not lose any more brain cells, but just know that the EXACT same romantic triangle happens in both games, meaning that if one is a harem game, then the other one must also be, and vice versa.

Oh you don't know shit OP
You can shit on Rex all you want but at the very least he manages to have an actual working brain capable of making plans

It's not remotely comfortable. 2 has a significantly larger number of girls for the player to choose from as their favorite, and it actually gives the player input on the protagonist's final romantic decision.

>2 has a significantly larger number of girls for the player to choose from as their favorite
Please do list them

Oh man. I can't look at this fucker without getting mad.

A good part of her fanbase is perfectly fine if she joins in with the harem. It's the people that wants a single winner that's insufferable.

1 has three if you count Sharla who nobody likes

2 has Pyra, Mythra, Nia, Pneuma, Morag, 3 Poppi forms, and Pandoria in the main cast alone along with well over a dozen female rare blades.

The true Niafag only wishes for her happiness. If she can get that by sharing then we're fine

>there's a lot of females so it's a harem
Guys, Xenosaga is a harem
Xenoblade X is also a harem

And on top of that you have 3 female leads who want the protagonist dick and the game gives you the option to choose between two of them. Are you seriously trying to deny the greater emphasis on waifus going on here?

This.

>and the game gives you the option to choose between two of them
You just pick how you call Miku, the MC himself said that Pyra and Mythra are one person
That's like saying XCX is more focused on waifus because the entirety of the Definian race wants your D plus all the female party members, when that's clearly not the case

That choice alters which one greets Rex at the end and more than likely says she loves him. The way you're dancing around a central story element of this game is unbelievable

Let me guess. You tried to start this "PYRA AND MYTHRA ARE DIFFERENT PEOPLE AND THE CHAPTER 8 CHOICE MEANS EVERYTHING" shit on /xgg/, got laughed out, and now you're trying it here instead.

I knew I'd lose brain cells reading your posts. Apparently the only one here more retarded than you is me.

What part of SAME PERSON do you not understand

She very clearly says "I'm home" in the Japense version. Which makes a hell of a lot more sense than the choice of the name being the one that's in love with Rex.

You're saying that the choice of what to call their combined form overrides an entire game's worth of character and relationship development between Rex and pyra.

>Same person

Did you even get to the ending? Does admitting that the game is full of waifu and shipping pandering really preclude you from being able to enjoy it so you have to deny it like this?

They altered the lip syncing for the English and Japanese versions. Looking at both it's more likely that she said I love you

>Youu're saying that the choice of what to call their combined form overrides an entire game's worth of character and relationship development between Rex and pyra.

At least you admit to being a shipper

>Let's show them a thing or three!
This line made me remove him from my party immediately. It's too bad, he has some good blades.

I think it's weird that no one ever mentions to Wulfric that his last driver was a goddamn giant spider

>This line made me remove him from my party immediately.
Because this thread doesn't have enough autism yet, why is that?

Didn't read the thread. But come on, he says it half the time you engage in battle and it's the dumbest shit ever.

He did nothing wrong in Conquest and Revelations.

It's frankly one of his more Charming lines

>He did even more wrong in Conquest and Revelations.
FTFY
If your net balance of "killing most of your previous family who loved you very much and took care of you for most of your life" is the least worst thing you did, then you've got a problem.

HE FUCKING DID EVERYTHING WRONG IN CONQUEST.

Even the act of picking Conquest is shown to be a mistake on Corrin's part, as evil dad Garon even asks "Why the fuck did you come back?"

he is so painful to deal with. i stopped playing last month and i havent looked back sense..how bad is he in ch 7

He gets too damn stupid.

hot

I unironically liked the English after I got like 0 hours in. The only ones I kept not liking were Mythra and Team Torna.

>let's make him say "let's show them a thing or two!"
>no no, that's too cliché
>how about "a thing or THREE"
>brilliant!!

He mopes for a cutscene then the party has to trudge through a dungeon which would be pretty okay if it didn't have a stupid gimmick.
At the end of the dungeon some shit happens, some revelations also happen and people get mad.

You have three party members

>Chapter 7
Good thing I dropped this garbage in Chapter 4.

Only waifufags are getting mad.
Everyone else ships the threesome or gets that Nia accepts that he loves Pyra/Mythra.

user, you're being silly. Don't gimp your party for some stupid line.

>Rex
>the dumbest protagonist of all time

You don't play a lot of video games, do you?

The game is pretty easy with any party imo. I didn't use tora either because fuck tiger tiger. Zeke is the best.

>The welsh shit is unbearable
You have shit taste, Nia's english voice action had god tier inflection. Especially when she was fighting Malos in the Cliffs of Morytha

No matter what Nia accepts I will always be salty about the way he handles it. It's literally the worst fucking Shonen protag trope ever

How much of this is from the actual script and how much is from NoE's rewrites?

i play this game with my sister. we are both fucking nerds and enjoy anime but im a cynical asshole who hates tropes that are too simple

she doesnt find rex interesting as a man because he still acts like a child. we played this game together until i couldnt take it anymore or she got bored. is rex actually likeable?

imo: no. he is a child. and these women are supposibly based around 17 maybe 18 year old women..

Her blade form is what made me love her English voice. You can actually feel the weight being lifted off her shoulders with the way her tone changes whereas the Japanese voice is consistently screechy throughout

It's very clearly "tadaima" in the Japanese. Which makes sense as a response to the last thing that happened where Rex was screaming the name of their combined form. I can't work out the English because the mouthflaps are ambiguous, but it'll obviously be a fine translation of the Japanese.

Regardless, it's inarguable from the rest of the gane that Pyra loves Rex. You could try to argue that Rex might not love her back, but you'd have a hell of a hard time convincing me for one.

They both love Rex which is why the line for them is the same at the end. it's up to the player to choose which one has the advantage

Is there any reason to actually use blade form Nia? She seems vastly more useful as a driver.

Retarded lines like "So together they're, like... ULTRA powerful?!" are exactly the same in Japanese.

Unless you're going with an ether Cannon build, there is absolutely no reason to use Nia as a driver once you get her blade mode

I mean, pyra/mythra are still very useful blades, more than a lot of others, so it just seems stupid not to use them over some hang up about a single line.

The choice you're presented has nothing to do with that. And you're really reaching to say Mythra loves Rex to the extent Pyra does. Also it's not like the other one suddenly falls out of love with Rex when you pick the other one.

Reading too much into the choice is so stupid. It's like everyone ignores the development in the rest of the game because of this unrelated choice.

It looked like "aishiteru" to me.

Ever heard of good storytelling?
Pic extremely related.

200 legandary cores and 500 rare cores latter and still not fucking 2 of the last remaining fucking rare blades.

Like real talk fuck this games RNG faggotry. Seriously what kind of bullshit is it to hide actual game content behind that type of bullshit. Did they like hope to sell micro transaction chance boosting shit or something of the like? Cause seriously so much god damn time wasted that i dont even feel like beating the game anymore and still only on chapter 8 hoping to unlock at least all them rare blades before i beat the main part of the game... fucking stupid i swear.

No, it's 100% tadaima, watch it again.

There's three syllables and there is no way in hell that the last one is ru.

Mythra's a tsundere. She was never going to express her feelings for Rex the way Pyra does but they are definitely there. We clearly interpreted the story differently but that's exactly why the choice exists. There is no Canon answer here

I really want to know why we got all these mute lines
Are they gonna be a NG+ thing or what?

You're not supposed to be a completionist fag. Replayability comes from getting different rare blades.
And:
>how dare you have grinding for rare weapons in my JRPG

But she heals and acts as an additional breaker, which is pretty much all I need my 3rd member to do when Rex and Tora spend all day smashing cunts into the ground.

She heals every bit as effectively as a blade, and there are plenty of things you can do with that freed up party slot. Using Nia as a healer is a total waste once you get blade form, but the game is easy enough that you shouldn't have no trouble beating it with a sub-optimal set up anyway

I'm watching it again, and it doesn't look clear to me.
Looks like more than 3
youtube.com/watch?v=wykuK2T1T7Q

I don't think anyone in here is an expert on lip reading. Much less the lips of some anime girl that doesn't exist.

yes. its the basics of story telling. but i should be emotionally invested in my characters and the world around me. not just waiting for the credits to show up

>it's a waifufags get btfo chapter again
Rex did the right choice in chapter 7 you Melia/Nia cocksuckers should fuck off

Dude, he's just a kid compared to everybody else. And god knows how old Nia actually is.

But I think Melia actually deserved what she got

Can't be that old. She was resonated with by her father to heal his sick daughter which takes place approximately 10 years before the story

At least Nia managed to confess. Melia did shit. So I really don't understand the comparison.

Especially in a game with atrocious lip syncing.

Cuckshitposting

Man fuck off dumb faggot with nothing going on in your life. I gave that shit a huge chance. That shit was my latest attempt. The fucking grind to get the cores is boring as all shit to begin with only compounded with the fucking faggy ass opening animation thing. Like shit is a god damn waste of time.

fuck is the point of grinding for fucking days in single fucking player game with nothing to fucking show for it. Shits super fucking dumb ya no life faggot. Cause i actually value my time and do enjoy the game but that part of it is straight up mother fucking bullshit.

I never got that part exactly. She was a regular blade, and got implanted into her "sister" to save her? Something like that?

No, the choice exists because Miku needs a name. Put another way, let's say the choice magically makes Mythra love Rex. Does that somehow invalidate the parts where Pyra is sopping wet over the thought of meeting Rex's family, or the Architect's heart-of-hearts vision where the three of them live together?

Keep in mind that he's talking about the Japanese version of the game, not the English version with JP audio.

Definitely. It was especially distracting for me early on.

Is that fucking it? Nia actually confessing puts her much higher than Melia.

Your morons, that's the english version. The japanese has different lip animations.

You need a video of the actual Japanese version. The language setting does not change the lip syncing.

No you're both wrong, the father had a daughter and Nia was her Blade, but treated them both as their daughters. Daughter got sick and when was about to die, Nia did the forbidden flesh eater thing so he would lose one daughter instead of two.

It's like people didn't even get to Chapter 10 or ignoring the whole scene where Klaus forces the characters to look at their inner demons.

Rex is fully aware that he spurned Nia and is scared that she hates him for that.

>I grind days for a 100% mark but you have no life
Projecting much?

Regular blade, her "sisters" heart got implanted into her so she can "live on" with her.

Yeah, but using her as a blade means Rex has to be healing when he could be doing much more effective things.

Nia's father invested in healing blades to try and cure his daughter's illness which is why he wound up with Drormarch and Nia. When his daughter died anyway he forced Nia to consume her and act as her replacement for him.

Except Miku has a name which makes that aspect of the choice irrelevant. Its primary function is to allow the player to state their preference

>Put another way, let's say the choice magically makes Mythra love Rex. Does that somehow invalidate the parts where Pyra is sopping wet over the thought of meeting Rex's family, or the Architect's heart-of-hearts vision where the three of them live together?

Know which is why the option for Pyra exists, but some people might also be like me and actually like the way you see mythra's attitude change as a result of her time with Rex and take that as a stronger expression of love. It's a choice with no right or wrong answer to offer the player a feeling of agency over the final outcome

By that point in the game healing should be purely situational, and her Healing Arts are so broken that you'll have fun healing with Rex anyway.

>Rex is fully aware that he spurned Nia and is scared that she hates him for that.
I can't blame him. What he said, whether he meant to or not, fucked with Nia. And speaking of that moment in chapter 10, it was pretty saddening seeing him imagine everybody mad at him when they saw that Elysium was basically jack shit. Though Morag in his head was arguably the most pissed at him.

Yeah, the issue is that the English version of the game has different lip flaps even if you put on the Japanese voice acting.

Alright, here's the Japanese version
youtube.com/watch?v=5oVY-sXGT-E

>What do you mean?
Literally asks 189 (I counted years ago) follow up questions in the main cutscenes alone, for everything. You'd think living with Otacon and researching Liquid, he would have an idea on what the state of the world is.

My favorite one is when he asks Otacon to elaborate on the war economy as if he had never heard of the concept...despite it being a crucial plot point and brought up by Campbell. It implies, if anything, he didn't know what was going on when he was talking to Campbell.

Nia's father only saw her as a replacement for his own daughter

>Projecting much?
only if you are some sort of lame dumb gay faggot that hates contexts and needs to pretend to have a point to protect your feelings for some weird and odd reason then yeah.

Do you ever get tired of shitposting?

Can anyone remind me where the scene where you first see a flash of the space station and the experiment from the first Xenoblade takes place? I think it was in chapter 7. Thanks.

10 you dummy

No, there's a brief scene earlier on where you see Earth with the light going around the ring of the space station for a few seconds. That's what I'm talking about.

Yeah, it's when Rex touches the third sword

For best results:
>Keep rolling commons on Zeke until he has at least 3 with a luck modifier
>Give luck modifier blades a weapon chip that gives +50 luck (e.g. Amethyst chip on Bitball users)
>Give Zeke comet choker and gold gear choker accessories
>Being high level helps

Do it right and you'll have 999 luck.
I eventually rolled my final few rare blades (the last being KOSMOS) out of a stockpile of 99 rare core crystals, not even the several dozen legendary crystals I smashed out of Vampire.

My preferred source of justice boosters was the Indoline trader lady who shows up at Argentum trade guild late-game.

anyone got that Mythra pregnant pic?

Also make sure the last two rare blades you're trying to roll aren't obtained by some other means.

Kassandra and Herald are not gacha-blades for example.

>Chapter 7 makes him seem clinically retarded.
You do realize that Rex knew what Nia meant at that scene, but only feigned ignorance so that the group wouldn't fall apart to melodrama, right? They even bring it up casually later on that he was well aware of Nia's feelings.

Does the Japanese do a better job of conveying this because the English makes him sound completely fucktarded with his answer.

It was expected She was following him because of his singular desire to help people even though she felt obligated to help her own people. And then she still followed him after her Mor Ardian was used by Amalthus as a weapon and probably drove it to the brink of death.

>He’s up there, but there are worse out there.

like any lead character that acts like a lead character from shitty harem anime Cred Forums loves

His answer was meant to sound fucktarded on purpose, it was intentional. Rex knew how Nia felt about him, but Rex didn't love her back. Telling her straight-up "No" would devastate her in a shaky battle and effectively ruin the group chemistry later on with drama, so he feigned ignorance and pretended to be retarded with his "I LOVE ALL YOU GUYS" answer to let her off the hook nicely, he had his eyes set on Pyra/Mythra anyways.

No, I'd say that title goes to Felix from Golden Sun 2.

I forgot all about Corrin. I've blocked Conquest out of my memory because of this fucker.

It should have sounded so fucktarded that as the player I couldn't tell if it was intentional or not. Thinking that he really was that stupid really soured my opinion of Rex for the remainder of the game until it revealed that he did know what she was talking about

Shouldn't have*

But why?

Let's also take into account she witnessed Niall die in front of her and was barely lucky that Nia was there.

Because his whole character revolves around him being a dipshit who makes literally all the wrong decisions.

There's an extreme lack of Ardanians in thread

>it's another 'Niafags that couldn't read the writing on the wall and blame Rex and the writing for their own disappointment' thread
you people are like a broken record at this point.

It's almost like Nia was a better character than Rex or something

It's not really a surprise that at least 1 side character in xenoblade games are better than the main one at this point. 1 had Dunban, X had practically everybody and 2 has Nia.

>1 had Dunban, 2 has Nia

I see you are a true patrician

We're overdue for a Xeno game with a cute girl main character.

X doesn't count.

Irina Akulov spin-off when?

New One Piece villain?

We forgot them.

he does get slapped and told off pretty badly, which is like the best scene in the game

Not him but Cloud, most of the FF6 cast, shit a fuck ton of FF protags actually, Chrono (implied)

Ugh. Him fanboying over the series is so cancerous.

>Wanting a lesbian who will bust your balls

>Rex
>Most dense
It may not be vidya but Rex isn't even anywhere near Kampfer's neutron star level of density.

Technically, I want a dating sim where she discovers her own sexuality and tries on slutty and feminine clothes.

>neutron star
No, he's a fucking black hole.

Because Elma's not cute, or because Cross doesn't count?

>nearly 100 hours in
>still only on chapter 6 because keep getting side tracked by affinity charts and sidequests
>just rolled KO-MOS

Will I ever beat this game?

>Kampfer
I refused to watch this series because it didn't have nipples.

>neary 100
>At chapter 6
Why are you rushing through the game?

Just finished Breath of the Wild and miss JRPGs, should I pick up this game?

Yes

Cute boy

emulate the first one

Rex isnt as dense as it seems. In chapter 10 when you see his greatest fears, you basically see that Rex feels guilty about rejecting Nia. You also see that he's aware of virtually all of his failings but hes just trying his fucking hardest to be the hero he needs to be. He knows that everyone is dying while he wastes time, he knows that he lucked his way into the whole situation.. You can fault the game for using the dense rejection trope but the game actually plays with the idea and expands upon it.

I played the game in nip and though Res was great, i can see why english dub players wouldnt like him though his english VA is trash.

Rule of a good game.

No romance whatsoever.

It has a lot of problems but if you can get past those then this is one of the best Jrpgs in awhile. I would highly recommend not playing with the dub if you do despite what everyone here says. The game tries to tell a compelling story and the voice acting can hinder your it a lot at times.

His English VA is okay. But he can't scream for jack shit except for maybe in chapter 10 during the final boss fight.

t. Nia

Romance has nothing to do with a game being good. You must be stupid if you think your preference of not liking romance in a game makes a game bad if it does have it.

I can see you follow that rule in your life too.

You're the retard if you think he's dense/didn't notice Nia's in love with him. He fully knows it but he knows she knows he doesn't love her back and has no idea how to put her down gently when she suddenly blurts out "HEY BY THE WAY I'M A BLADE AND I LOVE YOU" in the middle of fucking combat. Nia's autistic, Rex's doing the best he can with the cards he was handed

So that bit was his greatest fears? I thought that bit was Klaus revealing everyone's true feelings about the situation.

Dude's already having enough of a hard time having people consider him as a Blade, not a monster. Don't need to further stigmatize him

When's he doing a X LP?

I think its weirder how the game never even fucking explains how monsters can have blades.

Not even the dumbest JRPG protagonist, let alone in all of vidya.

I hated nia's confession I just didn't think it was needed in the game.

The latter.

Well ultimately the purpose of the blades was to collect data about living creatures so the endless cycle of evolution produces the best creatures possible, so it's not too far-fetched to think they'd go onto anything that would be able to resonate with them.

Bull, Cross counts.

>300 hours in

Leaving your game to take a shit while waiting for merc missions to finish doesn't count

What he means is that it's refreshing to see a protag starting out doing something that's down-to-earth and relatable. Rex's salvaging isn't that far from a high school kid working a summer job or an adult supporting their family.

Most JRPG protags start out loafing about waiting for the plot to start, with Rex you get the idea if Torna didn't show up he'd have a pretty normal/predictable life.

I've seen plenty of people above 100 hours trying to get all of the blades and doing affinity charts and side quest.

>He didn't complete everything possible the moment it opened up.

I thinks his friends are the real idiots here and I honestly can't blame Rex for realistically giving up.

They just got their asses kicked by a guy who moves at the speed of goddamn light and now they expect him to blindly fight him again without his overpowered sword that got taken away.

>maining Kora

It's like you like screamo music only for the noise

I needed Kora for her movement healing skill. It's a great way to survive Orion's onslaught if you draw aggro.
She's always strong and fierce too.

There's really no point in doing that especially with how boring most of the side quest.

If he was doing his best he would have at least gave her the dick since he wasn't in a committed relationship yet

>She's always strong and fierce too.

And fucking annoying too. If she wasn't the fittest blade in the game I probably wouldn't use her.

This. I don't get why these "everyone shits on the protag for not trying" type scenes exist. No-one provides any alternatives to rushing at Jin again just to die, but they shit on Rex for not trying anyways. The thing that gets him motivated again isn't even anything his friends say, it's the Tantal king giving him some mission to take his mind off of things.

it was the fears in Rex's heart manifesting themself. Thats why you also see the world destroyed and the skulls and stuff. Its also why Klaus refers to them all as having seen "phantasms of what lurks in their hearts".

>Fitted blade

how dare you

Kora has a nice tight body. Newt is thick and muscular.

Well, I'm just saying doing those does up the amount of playtime someone would have.

She's also a lot cuter than most people give her credit for.

>Dicking another girl after you presented your current gf to your dead parents
That's just poor etiquette.

Rex is actually pretty smart, he is the only one out of the group who realizes that fighting Jin is completely hopeless.

>Romance has nothing to do with a game being good.
Yes it does, any game that has romance as its focus point in the story is immediately trash.

Why do people like DMC3 over DMC4? One game plot focuses on a brothers feud and the other some corny romance with a church bitch.

>Touch my titties and I will give you great power

How this game didn't get an M rating? Fucking sexists

Fuck I hated that whole scene they didn't even know where to look for pyra too right?

Ah, I forgot about the skulls and shit. Makes sense.

>everyone shits on the protag for not trying" type scenes exist.
This only happens when you play games with beta MC's who don't know how to make everyone else look stupid and takes shit from no one, couldn't be me ever playing a game where my main character gets insulted by women

I wouldn't fucking know because I haven't play DMC, but I would pick the one with better gameplay. You don't have to like romance, but that doesn't make it shit, and it definitely doesn't make a game shit.

So, you want a game were the guy is an insufferable faggot like you?

You're goddamn right

i took it as a callback to the scene in Fonset where Rex gets out of confessing his love to Pyra with virtually the same line.

I guess I could get behind that.

>I haven't play DMC
wew, there are people like this that exists, next you're gonna tell me you never played a SF or FF7.

Murderess best Xenogirl
Dunban best Xenoboy

M-minge?

Friendly reminder that Poppi was the only one who tried to comfort Rex during that scene.

Elma's incredibly cute in her heart-to-hearts, where she's characterized pretty well.

>I'm an Elma person

>all female characters have default chest values of 1.0 with the exceptions of Lin, Celica (who are both young) and Irina
>they made Irina and Irina alone a chestlet

Easily the 2nd worst Xeno game, but the other 2 Xenoblades aren't on Switch (yet), and the other Xeno games will probably never get ported.

If you can, emulate the first one with an HD texture pack. It makes it look much better.

Poppi once again proving why she's actually best girl.

I don't know if he'll ever do one. It seems like a massive undertaking, and it's pretty much impossible to follow along due to all of the random generic quests that can show up, and also the open-world nature of the game.

You try and follow along, and you end up roaming Oblivia looking for a Nopon caravan and helping an autist fix her skell and make friends.

MINGE!

>'HD pack'
>mods
Makes me vomit

Daily reminder Morag is best girl

She deserves to get bullied for having no personality and friendzoning Gwin.

I never understood the appeal of playing a game alongside an LPer. Every time I watch an LP, I've either already finished the game myself or don't plan to ever play it at all. Having to structure your game time to match with that of an LPer's upload schedule sounds like ass.

Only when paired with Brighid

>girl

One of the reasons why Velvet is a great protag is that she regularly embarrasses everyone else in her party more often than she gets shit on. She fucks up, but she doesn't mope about it. Instead she goes insane and starts hallucinating

It works for handheld games. Pokemon, Animal Crossing, etc. Xenoblade X definitely needs a guide if you're not a 'hardcore gamer', since it explains shitall to you, and the manual isn't as helpful as it could be.

Especially some of the more esoteric shit in X, like having to activate one of the best quest-chains in the entire Xeno series by walking between two buildings in the commercial district at a certain time of day, only available after a certain chapter.

Post >yfw you fade into a cutscene and this starts playing

youtube.com/watch?v=8bYsCiCEvzs

Top 10, definitely, but not top 5.

From not being a beta she has the personality of a wet blanket and lots of characters in her party would have fitted her role better. Velvet is probably even dumber than Rex

but velvet has a vagina, so it's okay to ignore her bad decisions. actually that makes her more endearing!

She has a pretty notable personality. You might be autistic if you never picked up on it. And no, she's not entirely focused on revenge.

Which smile are you protecting right now?

Mia's

Beary will fuck you up if you don't finish Ursula's affinity quest.

Nah man, infinite stratos wins that award by miles

I'm never going to finish Xenoblade 2 because of all the retarded grinding with nothing to show for it. Fuck Ursula, I'll just use Dahlia instead, since she's better for chain attacks.

Agate,Herald,Wulfric,Dagas,Adenine,Kora

Stop trying to force this unfunny forced meme, GameXplain.

>mfw Linlee says she's going to eat Tatsu

I feel like I'm fighting a losing battle.

>all those people in Fonsett bullying Wulfric

They're lucky he's a good guy and not deranged

the music in this game is something else.

Some underrated ones imo
youtube.com/watch?v=hBM99ZkSgLs
youtube.com/watch?v=AvtYIZ6O_VY
youtube.com/watch?v=ApcbKY2JrMs

Is it normal that nothing in the game makes sense by chapter 4?

Pretty much.

I'm surprised you can even write full sentences.

Best field track:
youtube.com/watch?v=v8FckEqIo1Q
Best town track:
Best cutscene track:
youtube.com/watch?v=tD5GTjCqUSM
Best battle track:
youtube.com/watch?v=as2N0m_zv-o
Best misc. track
youtube.com/watch?v=ge_HGAGJgHE

>Still, Move Forward!
The most overrated track in the game. The opening is strong, but it goes to shit tier with the random synth riff in the middle of the song.

I really like Jin's Boss Theme
youtube.com/watch?v=JJh6pj1HBHk
It's very different from all battle themes, you can feel his sadness and regret in it.

Agree with all of these except Best Field Track. I'd definitely put Mor Ardain's day field there.

The Decision is nothing short of brilliant

>tfw rewatched that cutscene an obscene amount of times.

>Best battle track:
>youtube.com/watch?v=as2N0m_zv-o
Hol up
youtube.com/watch?v=MfpplDh9TFQ

Stand aside children and listen to the heir to You Will Know Our Names
youtube.com/watch?v=WM9Mq_Gjn50

youtube.com/watch?v=cvTb1VgABw8
the vocal tracks are beautiful

Honestly this song disappointed me when I heard it, I wanted it to surpass this beauty but it didn't at all youtube.com/watch?v=0cNmgwQHgR4

Guys how can I get Nopon's knowledge? I need level 3 and Poppi only has 2.

That sounds like what happens if my diarrhea became music.

RARE BLADES
A
R
E

Boreas, Theory, I don't remember who else has it

For nopon knowledge I think you just talk to enough nopon. Go to the menu->characters->Poppi->affinity tree, then scroll over to the appropriate bubble and it will tell you exactly what you need to do to level it up. Works for all affinities on all blades. If that level of her tree is locked, you need to up your trust level with her first.

At least someone finds her attractive, which is more than can be said about you.

La gato...

Dagas on his second grid.

Fuck.

That reminds me I almost completed Dagas' chart with merc missions alone even when it's useless before his sidequest.

The really smug picture of blade nia is my favorite thing in this whole game. I think I want to make it my phone wallpaper

La gata espada

The shortcut to grinding trust is to just forcefield your blades pouch items, select items that sent their favorites so it goes faster (don't gotta wait on their comment). Fighting a battle gets you like 5 trust, or you could stuff 10 cakes into their mouth in that same time that give 15 trust each.

I don't know what they were thinking when they balanced that system.

Oh wait, poppi trust is gated on tiger tiger levels, isn't it? My bad, I forgot

You can skip the voice lines if you press A.

Rex is definitely at his worst during the first half of chapter 7, but I came out of the game generally liking him as a character. He was serviceable as a main character. The rest of the cast is way better of course but he's not horrible.

>hero is at his worst during the arc of the story where he is at his lowest point
that's writing 101

xenoblade 2 is better than 1 in everyway except voice acting

You guys are still playing this?

BORN IN A WORLD OF STRIFE

I struggled to get to level 3 as well so what I did was get Kasandra through a side quest. She comes with Level 1 Nopon Knowledge.

> dude it’s almost like I have friends

I'd like to 100% all Rare Blades grids before NG+ drops but the only ones I have left are Ursula and Vess and I don't feel motivated to finish them

I barely got the game not to long ago.

he didnt, there some post battle banter dialogue where he ask nia what she ment that time, and she'd tell him later

the first unique monster theme is defiantly better, don't know why the second one is more popular

What else am I supposed to play?

>get Poppi 3.0
>she kicks ass and has sweet dance moves
>but now acts like a regular robot and not a way cute robot

Well, Alpha still showsd up in all the cutscenes.

The real bro is Vandham

dude only met Rex 20 minutes ago and he's willing to fucking sacrifice his own life so Rex can get some pussy

well Cred Forums? I hope chose right by calling her __pyra

Pretty sure whichever you choose affects which affinity chart you use, and Mythra's chart is better since you can just spam your arts

It doesn't.

Are the Blades given shape by their initial Driver or is their physical appearance somehow predetermined? Was this adressed?
It's weird how some are pretty much just cosplaying humans while others are animals/weird monsters like Wulfric. Nia, a notCatperson, summoning a big cat as her Blade fits just too well.

FUCK, I've made a huge mistake if true.

im so fucking sick and tired of these shitty anime tropes in every goddamn game like this
>overpowered villain
>dont have your overpowered ability/item/weapon
>WOW YOU DIDNT EVEN TRY WTF I HATE YOU PROTAG
i was so hype for this after the rest of the xenoblade series but jesus christ this game's story is impossible to immerse yourself in

>does the teleports behind you meme
>70% of the game is just some edgelord
>all of a sudden "oh btw I can move at the speed of light"
>okay cool
>"oh and I can manipulate light particles because I can move at quantum speeds, which means I can alter molecules so that I can phase though attack this is due to my ability to move at light speed"

this faggot is like that kid in school who just invents new powers as he goes along

>AGAINST THE ODDS

It's not.

>drawn by nomura
what the fuck did you expect

duh

>Are the Blades given shape by their initial Driver or is their physical appearance somehow predetermined? Was this adressed?

No, Wulfric being insect like and Dromarch being cat like are just coincidence. Blades aren't shaped by their drivers, they look the same in every incarnation.

Nope

No surprise with that design.

I choose Hikari-chan because I find her sexier, cuter, she has better personality, better hairstyle and she's more OP.

It's a gradual thing. Blades start as commons without defining features, and then start shifting in appearance as they accumulate more and more data from their drivers.

The shills will always try and damage control this trash even though it was widely regarded as the worst game of last year.

Xenoblade 1 pulled the same shit user.

No you didn't, but the fact you think you made a mistake means you are not worthy to have Pyra as a waifu. Take your sorry ass to the used goods that is Mythra.

Who

What did you expect from the most hated game of 2017 user? The people who hated it are the only people who have actually played it. The rest are shills who rip talking points from a GameXplain video and call it a day.

Nobody's ever managed to surpass the Fate/Extra MC in terms of pure retardation.

>smart protag
>this happens
>whatever.jpg
>try and get body for that one chinese lady her name was carie or somthing
>kill the monsters somehow idfk
>live forever(?)

Welcome to jrpg's, user.

and i fucking hated it there too. its just so immersion breaking when your teammates dont ask why you arent jumping into the jaws of the beast mindlessly despite not having a single problem the entire time leading up to whatever the events are
it doesnt help that this game is riddled with dumbass "japanese" """comedy""" that has been done to death
i almost considered dropping this game when the bedroom scene happened and i couldnt believe B-BAKA HENTAI was actually being done in fucking 2018

>REX PLEASE PUMP ME FULL OF YOUR BATTER
>NO, I LOVE ALL OF YOU GUYS
Fuck sake.

>b-but you said 50/50! muh cointoss!

It's no better or worse than the ayylmao-eyed ""human"" in your pic, or any of the shit you watch for that matter.

1 million sales Eric, how upset did that make you?

>starts to laugh

jesus christ Nia, at least try to keep it together.

Based XB2 hate thread spitting facts once again.

Most hated game of 2017 GameXplain, how upset does that make you?

i don't know what movie this is, but pls post moar of that sexy bunny chick

1 million

>i don't know what movie this
u wot? Is this a meme?

>HAHA BRO 1 MILLION SALES WE WIN
>xenoblade is now reduced to crappy gameplay and waifus for the sake of stupid neckbeards dropping a welfare check every time
FEfag here
it happened to us, dont let it happen to you

1 million

> wisecracking British bants is a negative
LESS NA LEWS ARE EADS DOUGH

I stopped giving a shit ages ago.

>she has better personality

She literally berates you any chance she gets

Fucking this. Seriously hurts how casualized XB2 is compared to the previous 2 games. The fact that it didn't get voted as worst sequel at the Cred ForumsGAs proves that that shit is from fucking reddit.

Just glad that everyone in this board is waking up to the atrocity that is XB2 as of late.

>not liking tsunderes
Leave this website

1 million

Could've been worse, you could've ended up dead entirely like Advance Wars or Golden Sun.

>>xenoblade is now reduced to crappy gameplay

It literally has the best of the series so far though...

>self-inserters

i dont even think its the r*ddit crowd that likes this game
its the kind of ironic meme weeb normies who go HAHA BRO I WATCH JOJOS IM SUCH A WEEB ZA WARUDO XDDD that have infested fucking everywhere
since the game has come out and people can see first hand just how fucking awful it is the ironic weebs cant use the SJW excuse anymore since the majority dont like this shit
i sincerely hope a proper sequel is made or the series dies peacefully

Love also can means platonic love in English.

This. Rex would have chosen Pyra, so I chose Pyra. I actually fucking hated how they had that option in there in the first place. Hearing him scream "MYTHRAAAAAAA" at the end just sounded flat out wrong.

Did you play the fucking game, shill?

Better dead than reduced to a hollow corpse.

I don't think there is a single community that likes XB2 outside of ironic normie weebs. It truly is the Superman 64 of JRPGs and everyone on this board agrees with that.

pretty much this, I'll get enough of mythra with the DLC anyway

Normies don’t like this game, dumbass

>Superman 64 of JRPGs
Oh, man, thanks for the laugh, user.

So nobody likes this game then. Good to know, I wonder why this isn't being considered on the level of Sonic 06 and the like.

It's fucking true, everyone that's played it fucking hates it.

As opposed to Pyra being pretty much his mommy.
Pick your poison.

strawpoll.me/15104335
strawpoll.me/15104335
strawpoll.me/15104335
strawpoll.me/15104335
strawpoll.me/15104335

>can't handle bants

I bet you're the same retard who chose Triss over Yeniffer in Witcher 3

> not liking mommies
Reddit please leave.

I pick none. I like a girl that can bantz

Friendly reminder to report and ignore blunderfag. You don't even have to spend more than two neurons on recognising him because he compulsively puts his "most hated game of 2017" shtick in every single post.

That backfired didn’t it?

Agreed. I can prefer to fap to Mythra all I want, but that doesn't make her choice make more sense story-wise.

He had canonical brain damage and trauma-tier sense of denial though.

>shills rigging the poll
What else was supposed to happen?

Nothing wrong with mommywife Pyra

Stay BTFO friend.

I have an irrational love for Welsh accents.

From his voice lines Rex reminds him of his son

t. didn’t even know Wales existed before the game

I thought that was poppi

>You remind me of this woman we found dying on the side of the road, bleeding like a gutted pig
Is Corinne a psychopath?

Poppi too

He says it about both characters.

>"What you on about darlin', Drivers used to fuck their Blades and take responsibility all the time back in the good ol' days"
A little bit, maybe.

Why the fuck didn't Azurda or Mythra just tell Rex how Blades and Titans work from the get go? Or that there was a 3rd sword hidden beneath Rex's fucking home village

Pyra is the only right answer

>how Blades and Titans work from the get go
because muh dramatic story. I also don't know if gramps knew

>3rd sword hidden beneath Rex's fucking home village
I don't think mythra knew about it (or if she did, she sure as hell wouldn't tell fearing her power and everything.) I don't think Azurda realized elphys was hiding the sword until eulogimenos brought up the book to tie it together

Nothing irrational about it.

>XC3 announced taking place in morytha
>he pushes the button again in a cutscene
>it's still awesome

>pizza cutter tier character designs
Why do people still keep doing this? it's so fucking ugly. Why does everyone have to be this big glowing plastic action figure of a character?
Even fucking Shulk is an eyesore, but this guy is about ten times worse.

How the fuck would gramps know about if Titans lose all memory of when they were Blades. Azurda didn't know about what was hidden inside the cave too

he was active in the aegis war at Torna, Torna knew of the cycle

>still no option to have nia in her blade form but use her as a driver
I like her driver design a lot but I want that cute blade look while she's healing my entire team every 10 seconds without me having to control her

Gramps might not have known / remember but Mythra sure as fuck did

>the Virgin Salvager vs the Chad God Slayer

Azurda is the typical "I knew everything but didn't tell anyone because reasons unknown and I've been traveling with you/been with you all your life and never once though it would be interesting or helpful for people to know any of these things that have long been forgotten" character that most JRPG's suffer from

>Striking
>Visually distinct
>Memorable
>Thematically appropriate
What the fuck more do you want from character design?

>Vandham, father figure of Rex gets killed by assholes
>Nia reveals her blade form to save some nobody kid prince
>could've used that power to save Vandham whose death made an impact on Rex
I mean I guess it was for the best but it still kind of upsets me.

And nobody is denying that basically everyone hates XB2. Good.

Not that guy but for once I'd like to see a jRPG protag wearing something that actually looks comfortable and practical.
It's kinda stupid to think that Rex wears his stupid diving suit 24/7 like he does in game

not really, obrona's anti ether field was still in effect. We also don't know the time limit after death

Akhos is blocking all ether when he dies, Nia couldn't help

call it stupid, but it's entirely practical

Back to spreading literal fake news again, Eric? XC2 wasn't even NOMINATED for most hated game of the year

>what else do you want from a character design
Aesthetic appeal?

Why does Pyra Blanco has a nep name onto her chest?

Practical for diving, yes. Not for going on a weeks / months long adventure where you fight monsters and shit

Obrona's ether field

Thread will probably die soon, posting music for the sake of it. If there's anything people can agree on it's the music right?

youtube.com/watch?v=9sKp2ZdBaYI

Torna knew of the cycle. Titans know jackshit about it

>X-2

did you miss the part where it transforms?

Obrona was disrupting the Ether flow, nothing she could have done. Mythra on the other hand could have stepped in at any point and orbital nuke Obrona to oblivion but didn't because MUH FEAR

If by agreeing you mean laughing at the generic shitty pop rock/buttrock that the soundtrack is full of you'd be correct.

Xc1 had a much better OST.

and azurda was active in the aegis war alongside torna

Totally incorrect

not with shimomura instead of mitsuda it did

>generic shitty
>no arguments and needs to resort to buzzwords

>waa those indols who aren't human killed my waifu and tried to kill me and all blades
>hey malos let's kill all humans even though my waifu was human, lived with humans and was killed by another species okay?

Was this the biggest plot hole in the game?

is that a fucking keyblade

indol are human dummy

I thought it was more stupid watching the Prince jump right in the explosion when his blade could protect everyone.

>Prince dies
>Aegions goes back to his core
>Nia revives him
>instead of giving him back Aegion the party just fucking steals him
Good job Rex

yup, chapter 4 was the lowpoint

>healing your AI team mates
>fun
rex needs 3 ATK blades at all times. don't be a faggot

except he flat out says he doesn't deserve to be a driver for being a retard in battle

That happened in chapter 6 you moron.

>humans
>living for hundreds of years
So you think Gorons are human? Quarians? Khajit? Guado? Elin? Just because things look human doesn't make them the same as us, that's why the term "humanoid" exists

>implying
mythra is more than enough DPS with crit refresh. Paladin Rex is the most efficient

you're right, I associated nopon trash with chapter 4

you know indol are decedents of biological science lords judicium right

>Weak link Shimomura outside of the Title Theme
>Kiyota still finding her groove
Hahaha no. XB2 has Mitsuda composing AND directing the overall soundtrack, Kiyota's gotten better, and we even have ACE & Hiramatsu Kenji outputting a plethora of top tier battle tracks.

The only thing you could argue better about XB1 is if you either prefer more ambient soundtracks, or you preferred ACE+.

well technically none of them are actually humans like us. The architect is the only actual human in the entire game. The rest of the humanoid races are descendants of titans but they don't actually know that. In the context of the characters living in their world, they're all considered 'humans'.

I fucking hated running back and forth in indoline who the fuck thought that was a great idea.

I guess they put those tiny bits of walking in there so you could save / do other stuff in between the cutscenes

Kingdom of Uraya has to my favorite area in the game. The Day version is beautiful to listen to

i wouldve been more annoyed if I didn't love the atmosphere of Indol. Im sad I can no longer go back there, waiting patiently for NG+

I can't image living life like most of you do, I genuinely enjoy this game and I've put over 200 hours into it. Maybe I'm just easy to please, but it makes me happy playing it and as silly and "japanese" as most of the actions and dialogue are I'm still not put off by it and have actually grown to find it incredibly charming

Good job, you've become an ironic weeb.

>waifu dea
>last sentence uttered by the said waifu turned him into full emo mode
Just shut yer trap woman.

Is nopon human?

>Try to sound genuine
>Post a meme picture of Nia
I don't buy it. That or

The shilling could not be more obvious

Fucking this. That's what happens when you enjoy the worst game of 2017.

What happens if you put 5 stars of development into Indol before that point?

no they did not descend from titans

nothing it gets transferred to leftheria

I don't mind the humor and dialogue i just I think the between mor ardain through indoline the titans and story were kinda of weak. Even though I love the lefterian archipelago.

What? so they descend from frog? I didn't pay much attention during klaus scene.

>human human
>bad skin human
>cat human
>elf human
Something's fishy about the Nopon. They seem to be everywhere in the multiverse where Conduit magic is happening.

no one knows, they arn't a part of that tree of decendents shown in chapter 10. They're irrelevant joke characters

Nopon are just the joke meme race of the series now, best to not think much about it

>about XB1 is if you either prefer more ambient soundtracks, or you preferred ACE+

Fun fact: everyone in ACE+ composed for XB2, as well. The guy who made up the "+" in "ACE+" just got his own credit this time. So in practice ACE+ composed for XB2 as well.

>when the gang mention Bana as example of bad human
It might be not that deep anyway.

You're fucking retarded, did you miss the cutscene where Niall literally fucking gives Morag Aegaeon's core despite her protests?

>ACE & Hiramatsu Kenji
>ACE+
The guy knows. Regardless it's not quite the same either. Hiramatsu did his own compositions in XB2 which have their own distinct flair compared to the work he did as part of ACE+.

Underrated post

can someone explain why the fuck all the bad guys were fighting each other and randomly helping rex and crew sometimes despite the fact they all apparently wanted to kill everything for some reason?
nothing anyone did in the last 4th of the game made any fucking sense

It's a jRPG trope for the bad guys to help the main party "Because he feels like it" at least once in in the game

it's very straightforward, don't know what you're confused about

Takahashi's gone on record saying that he wasn't sure if he could write a young adult love story, so I respect him trying to tackle something new as a writer. In that regard, I think he did a pretty good job, despite some obvious growing pains. I don't think it's a coincidence that the writing significantly improves in the last chunk, where it feels like Takahashi's in his comfort zone as a writer.

She is definitely saying "hajimemashite"
take that as you will

It was a nice change of pace, but I hope we go full xeno with XC3 like the second half of XC2

The first half of the game was way too slow.
When / if a XC3 comes out hopefully it picks up sooner and has less waifus

XC3 has the best waifu already though

>>ACE & Hiramatsu Kenji
>>ACE+
Well now I feel stupid.

the pope wants to kill everything (because?) and jin/malos want to kill everything (because?) but they attack each other because??
the guys with jin and malos just go with wanting to kill everything because?? but also help out rex randomly because??? jin also???
why the fuck did the pope even climb the tree in the first place? what the fuck was he doing with the crystals (don't fully understand where those even came from either) and why was he pretending to be nice and doing nice things for so long if he was actually a murderous psycho? what did he REALLY fucking want?
where the fuck did jin come from and why was he so broken despite not being an aegis?
not to mention all the details of klaus's fucking longass monologue explaining why everything is sci fi for some reason escaped completely

why the fuck can't they just tell the story straight instead of trying to piece it together with constant flashback infodumps near the end that don't even make sense?

fuck off and read the thread you tard

I'm sorry to say user but you're a brainlet. go rewatch the last 1/4th of the game a couple of times, you'll get it

why would you play an anime game if you hate extremely common anime tropes

Agreed, though I'd still like to see Blade feel distinct from the other Xeno subseries. It's clear that Monolith is making a concerted effort to make each Blade game have its own unique traits, not just aesthetically, but with gameplay mechanics unique to each one. So unless it follows up XBX, I'll wager XB3 will feature a new character designer and some new unique mechanics.
I think that's a large part of why XB1's work so well, only a few hours in and you have a compelling hook to get you invested. Meanwhile, I'd argue XB2 doesn't get its equivalent moment until the end of Chapter 3

the game is too fucking long to keep track of the story
just give a fucking written synopsis for fuck's sake and skip the bullshit

>the pope wants to kill everything (because?)
he doesn't want to kill everything, just use the architects power to remove blades/titans because he blames them for 1. human regression 2. weapons of war 3. false worship e.g. the tornans. he also wants to remove shitty people

>jin/malos want to kill everything (because?)
jin had nothing else but malos, he was never 100% on board but had no where else to go. Malos has amalthus's detest for the state of humanity but he had no filter and took interprets it as being the endbringer, similar to how Addam's slight fear of mythra makes her shit herself at her own power

>but they attack each other because??
multiple reasons, jin/malos want to end the world and amalthus doesn't, jin wants revenge, amalthus doesn't want jin/malos to taint elysium

>the guys with jin and malos just go with wanting to kill everything because??
same as jin, nothing else in their lives. Except Mik he just wanted revenge against amalthus

> but also help out rex randomly because??? jin also???
they don't help him ever, at most jin test's Rex in the world tree

>why the fuck did the pope even climb the tree in the first place?
same reason anyone else would, to meet god

>what the fuck was he doing with the crystals (don't fully understand where those even came from either) and why was he pretending to be nice and doing nice things for so long if he was actually a murderous psycho?
this is just plain not paying attention, the crystals are part of the trinity processor. Also he wasn't pretending to do those things, he's not not pure evil character

>where the fuck did jin come from and why was he so broken despite not being an aegis?
not even going to answer this one, flat out not paying attention

continued

>I think that's a large part of why XB1's work so well, only a few hours in and you have a compelling hook to get you invested.
This backfired on me. It got me excited and invested initially sure, but the excitement deflated quickly soon-after as the boredom kicked in. I eventually dropped XB1 mid-Makna and just watched the rest on Youtube. I much prefer XB2 in this respect.

>not to mention all the details of klaus's fucking longass monologue explaining why everything is sci fi for some reason escaped completely
same as above, pay attention harder

>why the fuck can't they just tell the story straight instead of trying to piece it together with constant flashback infodumps near the end that don't even make sense?
welcome to actual xeno motherfucker, go back and play gears/saga

The pope wants to kill everyone because his mom was killed (and probably raped) by bandits when he was a child
Malos wants to kill everyone because the Pope's hate corrupted him, changing him into a killing machine
All of the Torna blades had some kind of fucked up past, and when Jin approached them to join they said yes because it was their only escape
Jin wants to kill everyone because his waifu died
The Pope climbed the tree because why the fuck not? There's a giant tree in the middle of the world, of course someone would climb it
The pope literally just stole the crystals from Elysium
I'm not explaining the Klaus shit, go watch the ONE cutscene that explains it

>The pope wants to kill everyone
already wrong

He doesn't make a very good effort at not killing anyone and everyone, as show in the flash back stuff.

Would be nice with an MC that's pretty much the protag of Goblin Slayer

the ones where he's shown helping refugees?

You're right, forgot about that flashback

So what the fuck did Malos whisper to Jin in that cutscene before you fight him / Amalthus?

this seems far more nuanced than what the game ever presented it as
I still feel lost
I can't handle stories where shit is intentionally left out to be explained later out of order, especially 100+ hour long ones also in a video game where I'm getting distracted by everything else constantly
like you say shit about the tornans and false worship and my mind is completely blank

>man isn't great how they keep hiding apparently important dialogue I can say whatever the fuck I want and no one will ever know poopy dick niggers hahaha
fuck you monolith

best I can say is replay it, xenogears/saga/blade 2 aren't games you'll fully get playing through once, you'll have to either look up stuff after or replay to fully get it.

And shit is going to get a lot more in depth once the Fall DLC comes out

Either replay / rewatch the cutscenes or stay away from jRPGs, or any RPG for that matter.