Kinda crappy games you love

Post em

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NrHC4F732yk
nintendolife.com/news/2016/11/video_the_history_of_croc_the_3d_platformer_which_partly_influenced_super_mario_64
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

If you love it, do you really think it’s crappy?

But I’d say PMD series. Not a single game has cracked 70 metascore even though they’re comfy and have better writing than the mainline series.

hot!

I own the original N64 cart, and I think i have a boxed PC version in storage somewhere. I'd get it on Steam if it were priced fairly, but it's currently rather expensive for the game that it is.

Most people will think it's crappy
And I myself realize some of the stuff is pretty poorly made, like level design and controls

Reviewers are surprisingly too pleb for PMD. All the games (besides the Wii games) are fantastic.

Way too short and terrible controls, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't find it pretty fun

How is Croc crappy? It's one of the first games I think of when I think of comfy low-poly games. And don't say tank controls; tank controls are the ultimate casual filter.

Music was on point, though.
youtube.com/watch?v=NrHC4F732yk

Croc is not crappy, at worst it's average

It's like Crazy Taxi but with smaller maps and overall it's an easier game, sadly.

Area 51 for the PS2

Croc is right next to Parappa, Frogger, Rayman, Crash, Spyro, Spider and Tekken 1/Tekken 3 as fond memories of the Playstation

You can love a game that you think is crappy.
I unironically enjoyed Sonic 06 and Sonic Heroes, but I know they are poorly made and my joy is 80% nostalgia.

>tfw I don't know why everyone hates Heroes so much

You know what I take that back I would say Area 51 is average too, still good but not crappy

Tekken 1 is legit crappy nowadays. It's aged like cheese.

But it was the first Tekken and I still try to make T1 throwback costumes for various character today.

I wouldn't call Croc crappy, but the tank controls are definitely the worst part about it for me. They completely fucked me on those bonus sections where you needed to hit the buttons on time.

I was able to do it when I was like 8. Git gud.

the gameplay of pmd is nothing special, most people who like it probably wouldn't if it was anything but pokemon

The stupid worms in the wells absolutely terrified me as a kid

You can easily love a thing that you realize is more flawed than of good quality. Why do you think people love a terrible film like The Room so much?

PMD is a million times better than mainline. Especially the soundtracks.
Sky Tower is probably one of the best tracks in vidya history.

Fun fact about Croc. Argonaut Games (the studio behind this game and the infamous Star Fox 2) proposed a first prototype of Croc to Nintendo, 2 years before Mario 64 came out.
Technically speaking Croc is the first 3D platformer ever made
nintendolife.com/news/2016/11/video_the_history_of_croc_the_3d_platformer_which_partly_influenced_super_mario_64

It's entirely reasonable to love something and still acknowledge that it's bad.

Croc?

More like croc... of shit.