3DS info for 2018

>Japanese order shipments for all models will end on 2/23/2018, with 3/2/2018 being the last day Japanese shops will get any 3DS models as from April 2018 Japan will be 100% reserved on the Switch.
>2DS & New 3DS XL for North America order shipments will end on 2/23/2018, with 3/2/2018 being the last day North American shops will get those models leaving the New 2DS XL as the only model left in North America.
>Pal market already killed off the New 3DS XL back in late November 2017, the 2DS will be cut off in Pal markets on 2/23/2018, 3/2/2018 being the last day shops in Pal Markets will get any 2DS systems, leaving the New 2DS XL as the only model left in Pal markets.
>The Dead Heat Beakers will be released digitally world wide, March in Japan, April elsewhere.
>Detective Pikachu will be the last first party produced retail game to see a release, everything after that will be a third party licensed to title from the likes of Level 5 and SquareEnix
>Both the New 2DS XL and Switch will get a price drop on April 20th to fall in with Nintendo Labo, the New 2DS XL will drop to $80 when the Switch will drip to $200 due to that some of the parts (mostly the dock) has since drop in price to make, Joy Cons, spare docks, the charging grip and the Pro Controller will also get price drops as well.
>Sushi Striker has moved over to the Switch and will be released in September.
>Yo-Kai Watch 3's localization in July for Sushi and Tempura, Sukiyaki's localization in November.
>Yo-Kai Watch spin offs are Japan only.
>The very few unannounced 3DS games that are left have since been moved over to Switch and will get released this year.
>Dragon Quest XI's localization in December, will be released alongside the Switch version.
>New 2DS XL and the 3DS line will be discontinued in March 2019, from this point onward it will be 100% Switch.

Other urls found in this thread:

resetera.com/threads/new-nintendo-3ds-xl-discontinued-in-europe-only-2ds-new-2ds-xl-to-see-restocks.11133/
youtube.com/watch?v=P3Bd3HUMkyU
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regional_lockout#Nintendo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

source?

ResetEra's Shiggy.

resetera.com/threads/new-nintendo-3ds-xl-discontinued-in-europe-only-2ds-new-2ds-xl-to-see-restocks.11133/

OH NO NO NO

What will we do without a region-locked piece of shit hardware from 1997.

doesn't talk about games

2011, not 1997.

>the Switch will drip to $200
>$100 less
>the dock is less pricey
>dock is $89
>so now the dock are free in terms of production costs
>3DS got $80 price cut because it didn't sell
>let's cut off $100 from a console that is selling incredibly well
Source: OP's ass.
I can believe they will drop the price to increase sales, but $100 is too much. I mean, it would be awesome for the consumers, I would instantly buy a second switch if that was true, but it won't happen.
They will drop the price about 30 or 50 dollars during the next year, maybe, nothing more.

The dock will cost $30 once the price drops hit, also ResetEra is a legit source.

>Nintendo says they'll continue to support the 3DS
>Hurr durr Resetera said no

Resetera people are not welcome here.

Fuck off fags

>resetera

>region-locked
Maybe for you

Kill yourself OP

>Nintendo says they'll continue to support the 3DS
>In western markets due to localisations.

>Switch will drip to $200
This is when I'll finally buy one.

The fuck is Reset Era

>ResetEra is a legit source.

Fucking lol

>also ResetEra is a legit source
>you have been banned for thread whining

They're much more trust worthy then Gaf hence why they were founded.
You can thank Nintendo Labo and Pokemon Gen 8 for that one.

The true face of NeoGAF

>also ResetEra is a legit source
lol

you sound like you need to go back there

ResetEra Shiggy & EADNinja will like to have a word with you.

NeoGAF's equivalent of 8 chan

>Switch will drip to $200
Was semi-believable up until here

No, just some of the more trusted people of NeoGaf and a bunch of other insiders who made a forum for leaks, mostly Nintendo leaks.

No, they're nowhere near as bad as NeoGaf.
Labo and Gen 8 says otherwise.

You need to go back.

>33% price drop on a console that's barely meeting demand as it is
I get that faking leaks makes your penis feel funny, but do you have to be completely retarded while doing so?

>ResetGenderEra is a legit source
Only thing legit about them is their leaks and not the gaming kind.

So when should we expect an "upgraded" model of the switch?

What could they even add?

It's in full stock everywhere except Japan
Combined with the fact that 2018 won't have the huge game releases that 2017 had, it'll need something like a price drop to keep momentum going, otherwise sales will falter. And media outlets will be quick to report "Switch sales down year over year"

These are not fake, ResetEra Shiggy said so.

Also Emily Rogers who is a admin over there, but knowing her track record at least other insiders are saying the same thing before she did.

Thats not the reason why ResetEra was founded, they were founded because they were getting sick of barely getting any Nintendo love at NeoGaf so they founded a new forum with a much stronger Nintendo focus.
November 2018.
Labo says otherwise.

>Labo says otherwise.
You're an idiot if you don't see Labo is going to flop

>most innovative "gimmick" from nintendo

>flopping

this guy

wrong as shit.
ResetEra was created from politics because Neofag after the exodus from Listen and Believe wanted to be a gaming discussion only site. Neofag being SONYfag general had nothing to do with it and you outright exposed yourself as a console warrior.
go away retard.

The only people who pre-ordered it are scalpers. It's going to sell negative units when all the returns happen

>pre-ordering cardboard

Why are people keep doing this?

Fucking Kimishima, Reggie, etc has confirmed that 3DS is selling well, there is several software still coming up, why?

Doubt it.
Unless Animal Crossing Switch is coming soon, New Leaf is still in the weekly charts.

>implying you wouldn't buy this

youtube.com/watch?v=P3Bd3HUMkyU

>Dragon Quest XI's localization in December

Parents are not going to spend $370 dollars for Labo alone.
Debunked, they were planing ResetEra since January 2016, over a year before that and the sexual harassment charges with NeoGaf's founder happen.
Only in western markets.

>Only in western markets.

I am sure that 3DS is still selling quite well in Asia

The problem with marketing something directly to kids is that kids don't want to be perceived as kids, they want to be perceived as adults. The Switch has been successful because it's shown adults and young adults playing with it, making it look cool and popular. Kids will naturally gravitate towards it.

But as soon as you start marketing something directly towards kids, two things will happen: 1) kids will lose interest, and 2) adults will lose interest.

Labo will not only flop, but it will take some measure of the Switch's success down with it by collateral damage. The adults who are buying it now will think twice once they perceive the entire system as a kids toy.

>OP doesn't provide a source
>Google OP post
>Zero results
>OP trying to stir shit
>Idiots keep eating OP Shit

Why?

Why is Cred Forums so idiotic?

MLP hat! Its been 3 minutes and nobody posted it. What has this place turned into?
Do i have to do everything?

Outside of Japan and South Korea Asia uses the same region as North America, they don't count.

>Asia uses the same region as North America

Citation needed my son

Pretty sure that's Perry the Platypus m8.

That picture turned out to be shopped.

Why are people bumping this shit thread?

OP didn't provided a fucking source, try to google his post and there's zero results, why do people here love to eat shit?

It has been shopped. I posted the original

Thanks! Carry on

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regional_lockout#Nintendo

Consider that this is probably the average age of posters on Cred Forums too

You're on a containment board, and you choose to stay here willingly

>Labo will not only flop, but it will take some measure of the Switch's success down with it by collateral damage
HA HA this is great ! Finally a nintendo product I can enjoy

>>The very few unannounced 3DS games that are left have since been moved over to Switch and will get released this year.

no fucking way, kimishima LITERALLY just said in the investor meeting they are keeping 3ds afloat

In western markets, not Japan.

if 3ds gets abandoned by japan nobody else will make games for it

>from the likes of level 5 and square enix
>no mention of atlus
fake and gay

>Switch will drop to $200 after a year

Atlus publishes their own games in western markets, it's not like Level 5 & SquarEnix for DQ where Nintendo publishes the games for them.

>Wow, it sure sucks how we're still making a bunch of money on the 3DS family! If only we could discontinue that entire product line, and lose all the customers who won't just transition from an $80 handheld to a $300 console with a fraction of the library.
>Oh, and let's cut the price of the Switch for literally no reason, so we can make less money on that too.

>resetera
Literally kill yourself, OP.

Can you imagine how butthurt Cred Forums shiteaters will be when Labo not only succeeds, but drives Switch sales even higher?

>people like this actually exist

where did we go so wrong lads?

I was thinking of buying a new 2ds xl but fuck I'm going to just buy a switch if prices are really going to drop. this doesn't look really convenient for them tho. I mean, killing all the consoles they have in favor of the switch.. is this even plausible

Well it would explain why they axed Miiverse

Where can I get a not-overpriced normal size New 3DS? I'm tired of this XL meme.

Try going out to your local flea market and having a look around

You have to be 18 to post here.

>>Sushi Striker has moved over to the Switch and will be released in September.
yeah I'm sure

>The only people who pre-ordered it are scalpers.
Prove it.

I went into this thread for some video game news and it just turns out to be nothing more than yet another reshitera stealth thread

> New 2DS XL will drop to $80
Fuck yes, I can finally upgrade my tur-
>when the Switch will drip to $200
Oh wait, it's fake and gay. Nintendo never dropped price on a console that failed, why would they drop price on one that selling?

>Switch will get a price drop
そこで読む止まりました

didn't those fucking faggots at nintendo say this wouldn't happen before the switch was released

Nintendo also said DS wasn't going to replace the GBA, and that the Switch wasn't going to replace Wii U.

No shit they're saying that, dumbass. What do you want them to say?
>lol guys we're killing the 3DS now, pls buy the Switch
No, retard. That's not how business works.

>there is several software still coming up
lol what?
There's fucking nothing coming for 3DS other than late-ass localizations of low-note titles.

Sometimes I wonder how XBOX is still relevant.

Go back to whatever hole you crawled out of. The 3DS is still even more popular than the Switch.

>muh 3DS is still alive!
No, it's not, faggots.
USUM was the last big title on the handheld. It was the last spike and milking, and now the system is dead. There are no games coming for it because all devs at Nintendo have moved to the Switch. (Pokemon, Fire Emblem, Mario etc)

The only reason why they're saying it's still "alive" it's because they're not going to kill it immediately like they did with Wii U. 3DS will just quietly phase out this year like the DS did back in 2012 and 2013 after B2W2 were out.

By 2019 it will cease production and shipping. This is the last year the 3DS will be "relevant"

If the Switch actually drops to $200 I will cop it in an instant, can't wait to get my WAHOO on

>more units sold = more active userbase
You're a fucking retard.

I still haven't even made the jump from PS3 m8,how many controller's will I need for four players?

What did the ultra version's change from the originals?

Nothing relevant or worth purchasing the games again for. It was just a quick cashgrab before the 3DS dies.

You almost had it, and you blew it with a stupid 200$ price drop. Fucking thread ruined, and it was such a nice bait. Couldn't you instead put a Switch + game bundle for 300$ there instead? When producing bait, don't just look at what the previous portable did and copy that - 3DS had a price drop because of a shitty launch, not the same situation with Switch, makes no fucking sense and no one would believe it.

>the Switch will get a price drop on April 20th
Complete bullshit lmao. The earliest you could see a price drop would be holiday 2018, but even then they'll probably just do bundles with Odyssey and Mario Kart.

METROID 5 FOR SWITCH CONFIRMED OH YEAH!!!!!

>mfw it took me literal month's to get a complete dex only for USUM to be released after

wew dodge a bullet there

I started that fucking meme so it makes me laugh when people still say that, but i genuinely thought it was an mlp hat.

I could see a price drop for the holidays