Which off shoot of Mario is better?

Which off shoot of Mario is better?

Other urls found in this thread:

telegraph.co.uk/technology/2016/09/30/gamers-stunned-after-learning-how-old-mario-is-supposed-to-be/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

DK

dk64 > yoshi island > rest

h

This. There hasn't been a Yoshi or Wario game as good as DK Country.

Kart>Wario=DK>Yoshi>>> sports shit

DK > Yoshi > Wario

Wario hasn't had a good game in years

Isn't Mario a shoot off of Donkey Kong?

Sort of? Both came out of the same game but Mario was first to go solo.

But said game was titled Donkey Kong

Wario Series=Donkey Kong Series=Yoshi's Island>>>>Yoshi's Story>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Every Other Yoshi Game

I've realized that the mario 'villains' who end up becoming good guys or anti heros hit the highest echelon of platforming
>Donkey Kong Country
>Wario Land
These games outclass even mario himself in terms of quality.

Modern DK is Donkey Kong II, grandson of DK.

BUT HEY

Wario land > dk > haha island

I hate baby mario so much, just give me a fucking health bar.

Donkey Kong > Wario >Yoshi

I didn't care much for DK64, but I respect your opinions regardless.

But it's not a theory. Cranky Kong was the original DK and the granddad of DK.

On average,
DK > Wario > Yoshi

At their best,
Yoshi > DK > Wario

Yoshi's Island > DKC

That's actually not a game theory but something was was confirmed in actual games and developer comments.
Cranky is the original Donkey Kong. Deal with it.

FYI Mario is an offshoot of DK

Wario by a nautical mile.

Wario hasn't had a game in years

So how fucking old is Mario?

Gorillas age faster than humans you dork.

Yup, and Cranky is either DK's father or grandfather, depending on your source, so DK might be the original DK Jr.

Miyamoto says Mario is 24, seriously.

24 generations?

Their best games about even Id say, depending on your tastes.

Objectively, Yoshi's Island, DKC and Wario Land are all 10/10s.

Nah mane, the DK timeline is fucked. No matter how you piece it, there's always some kind of flaw because of characters like Baby DK existing with Baby Mario, and DK Junior existing with Mario, while Diddy has also been shown with Mario. To keep things short, either Dk shortgunned into Kranky Kong in a matter of a few years tops, Mario and most other characters age like wine, or there have been multiple DKs Legend of Zelda style, and we just don't know about it.

Baby dk is kranky, but anyways, who gives a rats ass about the mario ""timeline""

Pretty much this, although it's only really true for Yoshi's Island itself. The Yoshi series as a whole has been somewhat tarnished by almost every Yoshi game since.

It's cartoons and they're all actors.

>Baby DK is the OG DK
>Donkey Kong happens when Mario is still in his 20s, and DK is nearing an old age.
>DK Jr. grows up to become Donkey Kong
or
>Baby DK is the OG DK
>Donkey Kong happens when Mario is still in his early 20s.
>DK Jr. grows up and has a kid at a rather young age.
>DK is in his 10s during DKC and modern Mario games
That'd put Mario in his 30s-40s, which makes enough sense.

Except Mario's canonically 23 years old. That would mean he was barely a teen when that happened according to what you said.

So our current DK is going to become a decrepid white beard in what, 3 years, 4 maybe. This all doesn't really matter much, but there's just a lot of clunk that goes into DK when it's talked about.

All that star power has changed the rate Mario ages. The same reason Rosalina is thousands of years old and only aged from a little girl to late 20s at most.

>23
>With everything he's done
>With his position and prestige
>With his education and multiple jobs
>With that mustache

telegraph.co.uk/technology/2016/09/30/gamers-stunned-after-learning-how-old-mario-is-supposed-to-be/
Well, technically it's 24-25. This wasn't the original article I read, just "a" article, but it's not really much of a debating point, so it shouldn't matter.

I always thought it was weird Wario's games tended to be more puzzley than the rest.
He doesn't seem like a guy that uses his brain very much.

Aside form Yoshi's Island, the quality of every Yoshi and Wario game added together can't even come close to Tropical Freeze. YI is very good though.

All are better than manlines Mario after Super Mario World. For me its Wario > DK > Yoshi. Yoshi Island was never my thing because of how he handles like a sack of brick and the level design being all over the place. Wario Land dash moves are always fun to use in any of the game.

new Warioworld/land game when
I actually liked World

Honestly, I think it makes sense.
Wario is a hardy as fuck guy, he's going to be far harder to kill than most characters. And unlike Yoshi, you can't just attach a more fragile character for him to care for and expect it to make sense. Wario's gameplay revolves around him being basically unkillable, and that lends itself well to puzzles more than any other type of challenge.

>Yoshi Island was never my thing because of how he handles like a sack of brick and the level design being all over the place.
I'm sorry, we are talking about the same Yoshi's Island, right?
YI has probably the best controls I have ever seen in a platformer, every movement feels exactly as it should. And the level design is 10/10, constantly introducing exciting new concepts, while never letting ideas linger so long that they get boring.

>23
>dresses like your uncle
>moustache
So basically he's a hipster

fpbp

Put them all in their own 3D game for Switch

Yarn was great

Other way around, Mario broke from DK.
DKC=Wario Land>Yoshi
Yoshi shouldn't even be its own series, it never tried to do what the other two did. It's literally Yoshi featuring Mario.

Wooly World is fun and takes Yoshi away from the whole Baby Mario stuff at least. It's all about yarn shenanigans and Kamek trickery

The Wario games are classics

Yoshi games range from good to shit

Snes DK country games get worse and worse the more time passes and DK64 is awful

I like Wario the best as a character, but DK has undoubtedly had the better mainline games in the long run. That's not to knock Wario though, most of his games are damn solid.

Yoshi has had 2 good games, so he easily has the wosrt track record. Plus he's been a shit character since Yoshi's Story's babification stuck.

And still features Mario enemies.
Call me when they do a full DKC and give Yoshi an original cast and antagonist.

>Donkey gets a DK64 remake with WW remake bloom
>Yoshi gets a third person game where you have to use the tongue to grapple around motion controls only [\spoiler]
>Wario gets a dating sim