THIEF THREAD

ALL the Thief games are cheap as fuck on Steam right now, and Thief Gold is on sale on GOG. Good opportunity to play some of the greatest games ever made.

>"It's a long way down" edition

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=d643N1OkByw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Bump

He did NOTHING wrong

just bought the old ones, my dudes
should I have to buy the "new" one?

>Really want to play it, but am chickenshit scared of zombies/ things I can't really see or sneak around.

only the first 2 are worth it

fug I just made a thread :-DDDD

The new one wouldn't be worth it if it paid you to play.

cool

>"It's a long way down" edition
The first time Garrett said that it made me jump and fall down.

>tried to kill everyone
>did nothing wrong
The Trickster was right. He tried to save us from ourselves.

youtube.com/watch?v=d643N1OkByw

I can't do anything in Escape. The endless minions just swarm me at every turn.
Am I just bad?

>The endless minions just swarm me at every turn.
they are endless. i think once i got to the actual mansion part of escape i just rushed for the upstairs exit

hmh. I got to the mansion right now.
Playing like this, just rushing past everything you alert is very un-thiefy and unfun, but I can't manage anything else

What are the best missions and why are they The Sword, Song of the Caverns, Return to the Cathedral, Shipping & Receiving, Life of the Party and Precious Cargo

if you've never played Thief before go look up this fan mission called Rowena's curse and install it. It's a bit old and has some flaws but it's great

it gets easier once you get past the first hallway. if you can get into the spider tunnels without getting followed, you can easily one-hit the large spiders with arrows and use that as a "safe room" to catch your breath.

Sometimes killing everyone is the right thing to do.

>Shipping & Receiving
Never got the love for this one. Too much back and forth across wide open and empty spaces.

I can't stop starting new games so time to decide what I focus on
0-4 Styx
5-9 Deadly shadows

I got 2 thief games in my shopping cart right now deadly shadows and metal age, should I get both or is one/both not worth it?

Either way you shouldn't be going without the first game.

Yeah I already got it and about halfway through? Figured I'd just buy these now while they're on sale

Ah, in that case you should definitely get 2 and might as well grab DS since it's cheap but I'm not a fan.

Alright thanks also kinda related what about the second Styx game is that worth it?

No idea.

but they'RE OLD

Something just occured to me, since I always savescum my way to victory.
Would starting the level over and over when I die increase my skills rapidly, in order to not even have to savescum as much?

Yes
Or do a true ghost run

bear in mind im stumbling my way through the first game still