WAVEBIRD

WAVEBIRD

THOUGHTS?

Trash

I loved this controller.

The first great wireless controller. Added a nice amount of weight and depth to the original controller.

10/10 controller.

>The first great wireless controller
t. underage

That controller is infrared and it's fucking garbage, user.

>no rumble
>eats batteries like a mofo
DROPPED

so i take it you never used it before? fucking faggot.

I had a Saturn and never knew about this.

Lost the plug
Now im fugg

Like I said, the first great wireless controller.

ARe you saying there was no lag and they worked fine?

Are you me?

Different guy. I've used it, it's garbage. The Wavebird is far superior.

>back in the day had wireless PS2 controllers and GCN controllers
>batteries lasted for weeks
>Nowadays wireless controller batteries are lucky to last 4 hours

typical gamecubefags. so fucking delusional...

Ok for casual fun/drunk parties with clumsy retards around who trip over cords.

Bad input delay for anything serious/core gaming. If you cant feel the delay, you're probably a casual.

If it ate batteries then adding rumble would only make it worse.

is there any difference between the gray and silver one

Not an argument faggot.

Love it. Bought two a few weeks ago. One wouldn't power on, but I ended up taking it apart and cleaning off some battery corrosion. Worked fine after that.

Cleaned the fuck out of them too.

We can talk about delusion. You're saying IR is patently better for wireless game controllers than RF, correct?

Is it me or is this thing laggy
it is with the Wii at least

You can have both.
The Wii U pro controller has rumble and everlasting batteries, especially compared to its sony and microsoft counterparts.

is it laggy on all channels? I never had an issue.

>>Nowadays wireless controller batteries are lucky to last 4 hours
Only if you own a dualshit 4

This thread is about the first great wireless controller. You posted the best IR controller it sounds like, not the first actual great wireless controller. You ninny.

Typical contrarian Cred Forums. Complain and mock yet offer no alternatives.
FAIL

He did offer an alternative though. He posted the IR Saturn Pads.

I strongly disagree that guy's argument, but you have to realize that wireless means "without a wire" and not "RF," correct?

Well that's the argument.
You can't really be the first GREAT wireless if you're using IR, now can you, you little chocolate flavored nigger?

Wireless gamecube controller is a recipe for success but I was very disappointed by the lack of rumble. I guess it would've hurt the battery time too much to be viable or something.

The reality is that the batteries just didn't supply enough juice to activate rumble.

dont bring race into this shithead

You're going to make the field unplayable if you keep moving those goalposts, user.

Batteries technically have the "capacity," but they can't really just supply the kind of burst needed to make shit rumble so hard.

stay fucking mad that SEGA did what Nintendont again

>make the field unplayable

My argument is that the first great wireless controller was an RF Gamecube controller.

Yours is that it was an IR Saturn Pad.

I have moved no goalposts, just asked the question, is IR truly considered "great," even if the pad in question is pretty good?

SEGA did what Nintendont.

Like go out of business as a console manufacturer and resort to just making 100 Sonic games and Yakuza.

Dropped out of the console business and made garbage multiplat games while barely staying afloat? Yeah I'm pissed as fuck.

don't kid yourself.
Nintendo's last great was the N64, power wise, and they killed it by making it cartridge based. That machine would've been a powerhouse if they had made the N64 CD-Based.

Nintendo was never the same after the N64 and released weird hardware after that and only released basically Mario and random shit.

I'm not that guy, and I agree with you that the saturn pads are awful, and that the Wavebird is much better, but they're both wireless. It seemed to me that you were differentiating between IR and wireless with this comment . Apologies if I was wrong.

KEK nintenbabbies mad as FUCK that sega has made 2x as more 10/10s than nintendo

No rumble function
Big fat controller
so shitty

Holy shit you turbo autist, he's saying because the Saturn pad was IR, it is inherently incapable of being "great" because IR tech is garbo.

Yeah, I was saying that although IR is wireless, I don't consider it the "first great" purely because it's IR based. When we moved beyond IR was when we made the first truly great wireless controllers.

I'll say, that's a sexy controller user.

>You can have both
Sure but it would be at the cost of further reduced battery life. The WiiU came out ~11 years after the GameCube so the tech is better in 2012 than it was in 2001. Either that or Nintendo is didn't know what they were doing and/or went cheap on the wavebird. Your pick.

>altered beast
unironically stopped there.

Interdasting. Well, at least everything else is just as good as normal ones.

I buy replica shells from China and take apart third party wireless controllers and put the guts in the shell and sell them on eBay as wavebirds. I used to make a lot of money doing this but now the Chinks sell replicas directly

lmfao

Shut up, the gamecube has tons of great games and the Wii U is underrated. Nintendo always fucks something up but they consistently make games that make their consoles worth having (the Wii being an exception)

>90s infrared
>a single spec of dust fails in between you and your controller
>instantly cuts the connection

Sick

even if you think the n64 was nintendo's last best console ( which it wasn't btw ) still doesnt change the fact sega went under and stopped making consoles lmfao

Really great and the batteries lasted literal years. Fantastic for parties, I only ever owned a single wired controller and whoever wasn't closest to the TV was able to use the wavebirds and no one ever complained. Most actually preferred using them, I certainly never noticed a difference.