Just got this game. Do I go for the English VA or the Japanese VA?

Just got this game. Do I go for the English VA or the Japanese VA?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DlSgwq_3Cbw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

English.

1 side-character has an extremely horrible VA, the others range from good to godlike.

Japanese.

But the Japanese VA is terrible.

No they aren't dumb normalag.

You're sending me mixed signals here guys.

They are both fine so take whichever you like more

Just go with what you usually prefer you stupid nigger.

Watch a video in both language and make your choice.

>dumb normal fag
I bet you like Gokus voice you nigger.

>i cant make my own decisions
lmao

>implying I give a shit about DB

3rd route - refund it asap while you still have the chance. Thank me later.

I don't know about you, but I can't stand English VA in any japanese game, it feels forced and unnatural.

>Just got this game
Nice, now refund it and get a better Tales of.

Nice meme, brainlet.

>Berseriafag calling anyone else brainlet

Why? I was told this one has the best combat and characters.

Japanese, of course
What kind of retarded question is that?

>I was told this one has the best combat and characters.
Who told you that?
It's a fucking trainwreck of a game that can only be considered "decent" when compared to the shitty game that came before it which was even worse.

>play in english
>komoana comes on screen
>mute TV

Moana*

user... you were lied to.

I always play with dubs unless Cristina Vee is a major character, she plays Velvet in Berseria, don't encourage her career choice.

>Who told you that?
A couple of dudes in a jrpg thread. Im new to the genre so I asked for some advice. Were they just fucking with me?

Well now I feel like a giant sucker

>Were they just fucking with me?
No, worse thing is that they might have been honest with you due to their garbage taste.
Berseria is a trash game and so is Zestiria, don't bother with them because they're honestly the lowest quality possible in the Tales series and luckily, not representative of what the series can deliver.

Which ones would you recommend then?
Keep in mind, I only have a pc and some oldfag consoles.

I want Velvet to _____ __ ____

clean my room

Combat is pretty lame but the characters are fantastic. It is by no means a bad game, and being new to the series, you may even find it to be a good starting point.

fuck my ass

>put herself where she belongs

Be happy.

That's a weird stance to take. Do you just hate her voice or something?

Unironically kill yourself.

If you have a PS3 you can play Vesperia, Graces F and the Xillia games.
Vesperia is widely considered one of the highest points in the series all around, Graces F is kind of a flawed game but it's still a lot better than either Zestiria or Berseria in pretty much everything, Xillia is a mixed bag and you'll not lose much by going straight to Xillia 2, it's not a bad game but the writing and characterization is pretty schizophrenic, Xillia 2 is a lot better and also polishes the combat a little bit.

If you have a PS2 I'd suggest you to play Rebirth and Destiny DC, buy they're JP only, you might want to play Abyss but that too is a pretty overrated game, still better than Zestiria or Berseria to be sure.

On PC you can emulate the PSP titles like Narikiri Dungeon X and Tales of Phantasia X, both of which are solid and iirc have ENG patches, Narikiri is a sequel to Phantasia so it's highly reccomended to play Phantasia X first, Tales of Eternia is also a solid choice if you're into retro stuff, it still holds up to this day.

now this dude is straight trolling you.

no recommendation of Symphonia, but recommends trash like Nariki Dungeon. Says Zesteria and Abyss are Better than Berseria.

No one could legitimately have this bad of taste.

Berseria is an awesome game, and probably the best tales game in the past 10 years.

Thanks man. I'll be buying a PS3 in two weeks, so I'll probably just wait until then.
Well, I'm I'm confused. I guess I'll just play through all of them and decide for myself.

what? did you even listen to Velvet's japanese voice? It's so painfully forced and overacted. Meanwhile at least the English voice is decent.

And Magilou's english voice is sex in the ears.

>Well, I'm I'm confused.
Fucked that up. Meant to say Well, now I'm confused.

Just start with Symphonia or Vesperia, both are on PS3 but for Vesperia you'll need a hacked PS3 to played with the english translation patch, otherwise you need to know Japanese.

Abyss is one of the best Tales games made. Even Vesperia and Symphonia fags would attest to this, it's at least top 3 in most people's lists.

>no recommendation of Symphonia
Because it's bad. nostalgiafag.
>trash like Nariki Dungeon
Narikiri Dungeon X is a genuinely good game.
And yes, with all its problems Abyss is a better game than either Zesty or Berseria on all possible sides.

I like the characters and story of this game, but the combat is among the worst I've ever seen in a JRPG

the only people who defend Abyss are the kids that only had a PS2 going up and never played any other tales games. It's their first in the series and they had a hard-on for it.

youtube.com/watch?v=DlSgwq_3Cbw

Both are ok except for the 1 side-character that has mentioned.

>the only people who defend Abyss are the kids that only had a PS2 going up and never played any other tales games.
Same goes for Symphonia or Berseria.

>ALL THE TALES GAMES ARE SHIT!
>ALL GAME ARE SHIT!

We get it already can you fuck off?

>Games I can't talk about on Cred Forums without pathetic shitposters and immature little boys getting angry you enjoyed a game.

Final Fantasy
Persona
Tales of series

What else?

t. Berseriafag

Dark Souls 2

Every Fromsoft game
Witcher 3

Watched my m8 play this game, they were in a dreamland filled with flashbacks the MC killed and called fake news. Then the real retarded shit went down.

Somebody got payed to write this.

Both are good, Berseria's male english cast is godlike and is worth listening to its own. The female cast is a bit hit or miss outside of Magilou.

Every single game that has a sequel, prequel or spin off.

What about new franchises from companies that people get angry at like Bioware and Naughty Dog?

>God Tier:
Vesperia
>Good tier:
Destiny DC, Rebirth, Symphonia, Abyss, Xillia, Xillia 2, Destiny 2, Hearts R, Graces F
>Excused tier:
Phantasia, Destiny 1
>Okay tier:
Berseria, Eternia, Legendia
>Bad tier:
Symphonia 2, Innocence
>Shit tier:
Zestiria, Tempest

the fuck is this shit? Graces, both xillias and hearts in "good"

this guy apparently loves the most derivative weeb shit, even moreso than the series already is.

Hearts R has great, although simple, gameplay. Perhaps it should be in Okay, with the localization and characters dragging it down.
Xillia 1 makes up for the less interesting combat system compared to 2 with much better storytelling.
Graces is new and interesting. It also is the most feature-rich game in the series I've played aside from Destiny DC, with the narikiri dolls and postgame content and bosses and challenge fights, and each character being so damn unique.

be in a sequel

Fuck no

I like Eizen, Magilou and Velvet in English. Rest prob are better in Nipponese

Dub is shit, go for subs.

>Graces F
>Good

Gracesfags need to be sent to the gulag. How such a braindead game became popular and known for "good combat" is beyond me.

You answered your own question, combat is nice and easy. It feels smooth to play. I think berseria tried to do the same but it removed what little substance CC games had before and just added more flashy effects to the moves to give the player seizures.

How's Hearts R? I bought a Vita TV few days ago and pirated it with all DLC.

Pretty good. Combat gets better as game progresses. Characters are enjoyable. Story is generally shitty.

Rina Satou does a fantastic job as Velvet. Don't be lazy and go subbed. Berseria is the best Tales game to come out since Vesperia

Why do people even think the Xillia's and Graces are good games? Graces is horseshit outside of combat.'Muh friendship' literally ruins that game.

The Xillia's are horseshit all around: link system is shit, weakness system is shit, characters are shit, story is shit This is coming from someone who platinumed both Xillia's, they really are bad games.

Do you speak Japanese? No? Then English.
Tired of these fucking redditweebs thinking Japanese is always better when they know a total of 10 phrases of it. It’s been researched and documented over and over again that subs harm the proper consumption of media.

>redditweebs
Nice fucking try but we all know the correct term is reddit normies who go for the dub when it's obviously trash and doesn't properly represent the game. Now go kill yourself or go back there where you belong.

>t. doesn’t speak Japanese and relies on subs

>having to glance down every ten seconds and having words covering the art is properly representing a game
kek

>forced to watch her little brother die and transformed into a therion
>locked in a prison for years
>has nightmares about all of the people she's killed and devouring her own sister
>oh wait maybe her village wasn't totally destroyed; jokes on you it was an illusion
>her dead brother is reborn as Innominat and tells her that he never wanted to be avenged
>the ending shows a life that could have been for Velvet if Laphicet never died

Velvet didn't deserve to suffer like this.

graphics are ugly as shit, looks like a PSP game that was ported to Vita at last minute. Story is generic and the english translation makes some questionable changes such as changing character names and localizing scenes to have a different meaning.

combat is good though and the skits are fun

Now I'm sad thanks