Picked it up on humble, about 10 hours in

Picked it up on humble, about 10 hours in.

It's not very good is it

I thought it was one of the best-looking arpgs.

Nope

Refund

Not really, no. The late game bosses get better, though.

Better than 2

Don't worry user, you'll beat the first boss eventually

It's better than 2, which is really shit. Really Dark Souls would have been fine with just the one title.

It's very fluid and has some really nice areas, but I didn't appreciate it as much as Demon's or Dark Souls. Many of the bosses early on are really boring. The best thing it did was to get rid of the Life Gems from Dark Souls 2.

He said it, the absolute madman! I personally agree, brace for another thread debating the best souls game

Shit. I played Demon's and then Dark at the height of its glory. Due to circumstances I couldn't game much around the time II and III were released. I've had my eye on both of them. You're saying I should just leave the series be and don't ruin my memories?

Nope. DS3 is the answer to "what if Dark Souls was made by westerns"

Too much focus on the presentation and visuals, but not enough in the gameplay. The game is a feast to the eyes, but it's really not very fun.

DaS3 is worth playing. I'd only play 2 with a friend. It was the only way I really enjoyed it.

Swamps and cathedrals: the game.

First 2/3rds are boring as fuck. The game gets significantly better at its last stretch.

Bloodborne > DaS1 > DeS > DaS3 > DaS2

You're not playing the real Dark Souls unless you're running with a twink build

>It's not very good is it
I thought The High Wall of Lothric was a better level than anything in Das2, but that's just me

I liked it so it must be good.

>play 2 with a friend
Yeah this is definitely the best way to play it.

>Bloodborne > DaS1 > DeS > DaS3 > DaS2

I'd say Bloodborne = DaS1 but otherwise spot on.

>DaS1 > DaS3 > DeS > DaS2 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Bloodborne
ftfy

>westerns"
>Too much focus on the presentation and visuals,
But Westerns are best at substance, Easterns at style.

BB>DS3>>DeS>DaS>>>>>>>>DS2>>SOTFS

Not him but Western AAA devs still can't even get hand-to-hand combat right over half the time.

But it doesn't really look that good, I though DS1 looked better desu.

unironically my favorite of the Dark Souls games

Its the "roll souls, r1 spam" meme made into an actual game.

Haven't played 2. I feel like this game wants me to play like Bloodborne while offering none of the systems to support that play style

you just came here to shitpost didn't you?

either that or you're raging really hard because you died

DaS1 = Bloodborne > DaS2 > DeS > DaS3

I'd say Dark Souls and Bloodborne are essential. I've heard nothing but bad things about 2 and 3 is plain boring.

honestly if they made it in style of Das1 interconnected world , this dark souls would have probably surpassed Das1 in terms of quality, for me at least

Dark Souls has more substance than any western AAA title ever made

I liked it more than 2 but all the Dark Souls games suffer from the same issues - awful netcode and lousy balance. There's no reason to ever play a second of those games. They're all equally flawed.

I like it but they took the whole "enemies doing super fast combo attack" thing a bit too far. Also R1 spam with fast weapons is OP, slow and heavy weapons seem way less viable than they are on the other games.

>you just came here to shitpost didn't you?
Dunno if that's directed at OP but I've done about 6 DaS runs and I've finished Bloodborne about a dozen times. DaS3 just isn't built as well

cmon now, I love Dark Souls but the melee mechanics aren't very deep and magic/bows are crappy and stupid

Some of the enemies definitely feel like rejects from Bloodborne. I like it but it's definitely not the best souls game

What's your problem, nig nog?
It's not as good as 1, but for different reasons.
First playthrough of 3 is GOOD

1 >= BB > 3 = De > 2

Bloodborne and Dark Souls 3 diluted these games into cuhrayzee action games with roll spam boss fights and less effort put into making the game world feel cohesive.

combat in these games don't feel like "David vs Goliath" scenarios like in Demon's Souls or Dark Souls 1 anymore, they don't feel like desperate scraps for survival, they're pretty much Platinum boss fights.

>It's not very good is it
definitely not

i don't even know why im responding to you people, but what are good games? please enlighten me

Just hold on until the DaS 1 remaster if you want a masterpiece.

It completely depends on what you want a game to excel it. Dark Souls 3 is the best Souls game only when it comes to "gotcha!" trap level design where you are lured to go after something only to find yourself being attacked.

Exceptions.

Dark Souls and Bloodborne

honestly i have no idea why people are praising this
>enemies kill me through walls
>parry backstab and gaurdbreaj are too easy
>constant bullshit traps
>fan pandering
>can roll way too much
>no poise
>given regen sp and health rings early trivializing estus

>

do you REALLY think dark souls 3 is that good? its a mediocre game at best

That's pretty much DS1
Explain?

Is it bad tho?

It's pretty good if you use a fun weapon like the Caestus or pyromancy.

Dark Souls 1 was much more creative with what it did when you went in a direction or chased a shiny than just "enemy pops out of nowhere and attacks you every single time." Most of the time there would be clues or you would be given time to prepare a response. DaS1 is more strategy-oriented, DaS3 is more reflexes.

>Explain
Dark Souls has better level design and more careful enemy placement than 3, and the world building and story is more interesting. It also awards patience while 3 awards recklessly hacking away at opponents because it's now a game where you dodge roll away when things get tough because stamina is handled differently.

Bloodborne plays the same as 3 but the move set and regen mechanic gives the player a reason to do this without breaking the game. It also has much more intricate and thought out level design. Old Yarnham for 40 minutes is much more interesting than the 10 hours I've put in to 3.

DaS3s answer to tricky enemy placement seems to be "put 2 spellcasters in a room together and have a bunch of enemies spawn from the walls" and it feels very Dark Souls 2 imo.

yeah, i was asking your opinions on good games that aren't the same game from the same studio

never said how good i thought it was, but people in this thread are saying to refund DS3 which costs only 12 dollars with the DLC

I literally cannot comprehend how someone who enjoys video games and cares about video games enough to visit a video game board can not find a decent amount of enjoyment out of DS3 and instead comes here to cry about how shit it is and to get a refund

this fucking board culture has become so cancerous, these posts only purpose are literally just attention whoring shitposts for (you)s

so seriously, what are some good games guys? im actually genuinely curious what an entertaining game is to you people if you didn't even get 12 dollars worth of entertainment out of DS3

2>1>BB>3>>>DeS

nah it's well above average

it's a good game, just not a good ______ game

I came over from Bloodborne and had high expectations after the way everyone would shit over bloodborne making comparisons between the two.

Honestly it's fun but I just felt like Bloodborne was a more refined game and after I'm done with Dark Souls I'll go back.

>these posts only purpose are literally just attention whoring shitposts for (you)s
like yours?

I planned to do this, then I saw enough of 3 to want to try it. Played through 2 first just to get a sense of completion.
Loved 2
Hated 3

Just try them. Go In with your own mind

I'm at fucking Old Demon King and its fucking impossible

if you're not enjoying your first run of das3 then you might as well stop now
I really enjoyed my first run but it has no replayability

nice fucking bait 10/10 simply epic

2 is the most fun Souls game I've played tbqh

play 3 but you can safely skip 2 it's a real mess

>shitposting

Really? I think you're misunderstanding the criticism here. It's only because people here actually give a shit about the Souls games that they find 2 and 3 disappointing. It's not that they're bad games in comparison to the average game released, it's that they're bad games in comparison to the other games in the series. And even then, Dark Souls 2, largely considered the worst in the series, probably has the best co-op and some of the best PvP. It's just that it is such a letdown in the other areas in which Souls games excel that it's a "bad game."

The issue is it's not as good as the games that came before it from the same studio, and it feels like more of a retread. I had high hopes for it after adoring Bloodborne, but it simply doesn't live up to my particular expectations in this instance.

If you're looking for a few games I've enjoyed in the past year, Nier Automata, Bayonetta and BotW all held my interest more than Dark Souls 3 and I enjoyed them more. As things are, I don't think Dark Souls 3 is particularly good, especially coming from what the studio has made prior.

This isn't shitposting, it's a discussion you thin skinned pleb. Can't handle it, you can go back to the big R.

Yeah, pretty much. Coming off the back of Bloodborne really hurt this game. If there was no 2 and this were released instead, it wouldn't be as obvious that DaS3 has more in common with the B-team game than the main entries.