Easily the worst game I have ever played

Easily the worst game I have ever played.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rnNKX9JfaQ8
youtu.be/-Pa8A7o32ZM
logicalincrements.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It's shit by traditional standards but god tier by "open world" standards. Such a shit genre.

It’s plain shit by any standard.

You've played one video game?

And here come the drones.

Easily the worst bait I have ever seen.

Fuck off, drone.

Then it would also be the best dumbass

mediocre bait, honestly all you have to do is have "What do you think of [Switch or PS4 exclusive]" and it functions better.

Nah, it takes so many ideas from Wind Waker and reworks them that it's at least better than that game unless you have one hell of a sailing fetish.

what's the BEST game you've ever played, if we're speaking so hyperbolically here

Silly user, you would've had to have played it first.

Bloodborne

Oh looks, it's one of the daily BotW shitposting threads. Yep, Cred Forums will never get over this amazing game.

>by "open world" standards.
No, it's shit by that, too.
Even Ubisoft made their towers more unique now than simply solving jumping/climbing puzzles.
Aside from that it's just repetitive shrines, foraging, korok seeds and a whole lot of fucking nothing.

>SmugZelda.jpg

You haven't played many games then I take. Even at it's worst it's easily a 6/10 game.

pfft

thats great man i thought it was pretty middling overall im glad we could tell eachother about our experiences

Lol no one cares fag

yeah what the fuck? This game was awful!

You ever notice how no one criticizes Mario Odyssey beyond actual posting like bing bing wahoo
But Breath of the Wild gets actual criticism about its gameplay mechanics and world design and its still gets called shitposts.

The last of us.

>Even Ubisoft made their towers more unique now than simply solving jumping/climbing puzzles.
really? as last I checked ubisoft towers have less involvement than botw towers, and may I remind you botw towers are optional.
>Aside from that it's just repetitive shrines, foraging, korok seeds and a whole lot of fucking nothing.
factually unture, there's sidequests, treasure, minibosses, and divine beasts all present in the game. In fact, let's see if you can name some gameplay elements that the game's world is lacking in.

>ACFag getting pissy.json

all the shrines are different

Mario Odyssey isn't open world garbage

Haven’t played it in months thanks to mario and I’ve just spent 3 hours just pissing about in areas the hero’s path hasn’t coveted looking for seeds. This game is amazing.

What about those test of strength shrines?

They’re literally not.

Just stop. We get it you contrarian fuck

Then you haven't played many games.

BotW is not the best or the worst. It's just okay. 7/10, needs work, see me after class.

Then it is also the best, dumbass.

Oh jeez, you didn't like it? Mind blown, you have forever changed everyone else's opinion on the matter.

I know this is nu/v/ but go play more games.

>every combat encounter plays out the same

There's so much fucking potential with combat shrines. Imagine if they had actual thought put into their level design and enemy placement. Imagine if they were like Eventide and you couldn't use any of your outside equipment. Imagine if they had special conditions like stealth only, or runes only, or bows only, or time limits, etc etc. Instead it's the same fucking robot with tiny tweaks like different numbers of arms.

they were likely struggling with the memory limitations of the wii u

you would bitch about artificial difficulty and being limited, don't even lie. and that would compromise the durability system as well.
if you break your last weapon that is allowed and can't use anything else you are fucked to a softlock or death.

Imagine if Nintendo was a competent developer.

I bitch about bad game design faggot, don't put words in my mouth. Eventide is widely considered one of the best parts of the game because it knows the game's strength, which is having limited resources and being forced to think on the fly. They should have taken advantage of that more. When you're loaded up on supplies then the combat becomes drastically less enjoyable. The tests of strength were just grinding against a boring enemy with inflated health.

>artificial difficulty
>in a game where you can't die if you aren't actively trying to
>which is made for LITERAL children

>Bitch about bad game design.
>add something that conflicts with the core combat system.

yeah sure why not, people bitch about weapon durability anyways and CEMU it to infinity anyways.

How would that conflict with the core combat system? Oh because you might run out of durability? Have you heard of something called a "reset button"? Probably not considering all the biggest defenders of BotW have played very few games.

goalposts

>using a reset button in ZELDA
i realize im talking to an absolute shitter.
im out.

Giving in to the mega bait, but if you honestly believe this is the worst game you've ever played, then you have the absolute worse taste in games. The worst? You never played a piece of shit licensed movie game? No one ever bought you a shitty bargin game for your birthday? Let's get real now.

>get BTFO
>I-I'm leaving!

okay friend

Post a timestamp with the game, I'll wait.

Why do trannies and soyboys love this game so much?

Your race is easily the worst race nigger

Why do people shitpost about this game so much?

>get exposed fro the casual he is.
>A reset button in ZELDA
>thinks he blown out someone.
git gud at parrying scrub.

Wow your reading comprehension is atrocious, are you ESL?

they’re braindead monkeys who have a hateboner for companies and start pounding their chest because they’re angry that it sold and was received well
ive never played it and don’t plan to but i don’t make dozens of threads shitposting about it

SHUT THE FUCK UP. FINDING KOROKS IS CONTENT!!!

Sum up Cred Forums in one image.

The game has legitimate flaws but most of the press and fanboys pretend it's a perfect 10/10 masterpiece and the greatest game of all time. When expectations don't match reality, people get upset.

I personally don't like what they did to Zelda and found the overworld boring with combat with random enemies never worth doing and all of the shrines/dungeons being braindead easy and with way too many combat shrines or one room babby puzzles. The final boss was also terrible.

However, after having said all that if you think this game is the worst game you've ever played you need to play more games.

I really don't agree that the game is this perfect masterpiece, but neither do I think it's terrible or that it didn't at least bring some interesting elements to the table. However, I have a laundry list of issues with the game that just absolutely ruins my enjoyment of it.

>runs at 30 FPS, which is unacceptable in this day and age, no matter the genre or console.
>the weapon durability system just doesn't make sense, since it doesn't punish you for stocking up on weapons infinitely, and it just more comes across as an annoyance. Just let me have an unbreakable weapon. If that completely and utterly ruins your game, then your game clearly has other issues.
>too many cutscenes (no, I don't care of the ratio. 2 hours is too much even for a game with 1,000,000,000 hours of gameplay.
>absolutely no difficulty whatsoever. Unless you rush Ganon at the very beginning and purposely avoid every single collectible and sidequest, you quickly become overpowered and the game stops even trying to challenge you. Ganon himself doesn't even scale to your level, and it's pathetic how easy he dies. This isn't even taking into account how you can cheese battles on horseback with spears, or stasis, or flurry rushing. Absolutely no punishment whatsoever.
>in the extremely rare event that you do die, there's no penalty. You don't even lose progress. It's like the game is afraid to challenge you, so it just puts you right back where you were.
>zelda is the most obnoxious whore I've ever seen in this game. She cries like a bitch and is extremely useless ingame. She supposedly has use in the story, but that means nothing in the game. I would've felt better if I could've killed her instead of ganon, the useless slut
>despite clamoring for freedom, I have to follow the game's plan strictly without any deviation. For example, when faced with the misandrist gerudo tribe that have hated men for every single installment they've ever been in, they're magically immune to combat. (continued)

>ME NO LIKE _____ ME MAKE MANY POST ABOUT HOW I NO LIKE ____

ELEVEN MONTHS

No one fucking cares if you don't like it faggot, get over it you dumb nigger.

(continued)
>the game doesn't even let you try to challenge them. It wouldn't be politically correctt for Link to fight a woman, that's not "chivalrious enough." To appease them you have to bend over and crossdress like a sissy
>massive amounts of content locked behind DLC paywalls. If you bought the season pass, you don't get access to the amiibos, so you have to pay even more for content that should've been in the game in the first place. And don't tell me "it's worth it." That's a filthy lie made by corporations. DLC should never cost money,, especially on a 60 dollar game. I don't care how hard you worked, that's my content and I won't tolerate you holding it back from me.

This was definitely better than sony's attempt at an open world piece of crap with Horizon: Zero Awards. But winning the special olympics doesn't exact earn you praise. So please, to any fans, explain why I should not only ignore every single one of these issues, but praise the g ame as the best thing ever made?

Yes and you call it good content despite the fact that it's obviously a korok seed.

I haven't seen many people saying it's perfect 10/10, at least not people who actually play video games.

Yes, it is. I’ve played Wii shovelware better.

One BotW Hate Thread dies, another pops up immediately.

I've noticed BotW shitposting happens more around this time of night. Must be the Ameritards.

Who will win the GDC Award next months lads? Anyone want to guess? Anyone?

I'm really enjoying it so far. I really want to play Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword though, hopefully they come out on the eShop someday so I don't have to go find a wii or whatever.

Never a bad time to take Nintendo fans down a peg. We'll keep it up until thru stop jabbing paper thin skin and accept not every Nintendo game is perfect.

What is with Cred Forums's obsession with this game?

>We'll keep it up until thru stop jabbing paper thin skin and accept not every Nintendo game is perfect.
What did he mean by this?

>this victim complex

Democracy does not work.

That's why the usa is a constitutional republic.

>What is with Cred Forums's obsession with this game?
Cred Forums just can't let it go. This isn't about BotW being a 10/10 game or winning GOTY or whatever. It runs deeper than that.

This is all about the humiliation this board suffered at the hands of Nintendo. After nearly a year-long hate campaign of shit posting, cherry picking screenshots and flat out spreading lies, Cred Forums attempted everything in it's power to belittle the game and Nintendo's new console.

You could audibly hear their jaws drop in absolute fucking horror when BotW turned out to be one of the best games of all time, single-handedly turned the Switch into a massive overnight success and proved once again that Nintendo were at the cutting edge of game design.

Mario Odyssey was just as critically appraised but the saltyness from that game cuts nowhere near as deep into Cred Forums's psyche like BotW.

They'll never get over it and that's why they've spent the past TWELVE FUCKING MONTHS trying to rationalise the whole affair in their minds.

>i need to justify my $400 purchase
Cemu must be pissing so many people off right now. How long until nintendo sues the fuck out of them?

But the same people, the very same people who said skyrim was good say that botw is good.

It's the sunk cost fallacy. If botw isn't good, then idiots wasted $400 on nothing. They can't accept that. They can't admit that to themselves or to anyone who told them not to.

Its unacceptable that these low effort thread always get hundreds of replies. The worst part is, all of you know OP isn't being totally sincere and is just fishing for a big thread, but you're indulging him. The fact that he's criticizing BotW is not the issue here, it's the fact that he's not even being totally sincere himself and might even like the game.

Some of us just want to be able to criticize it without fanboys crying about the evil sony boogeyman. For goodness sake, I got called a "leftist nigger loving sony kike" because I dared to imply that the game was an 8/10 instead of a 10/10.

Sometimes I feel like the only Switch owner who actually thinks that BotW sucks. I found it a really shitty experience overall.

Nintendo fans ruined v, we're going easy on them if anything

>Cemu must be pissing so many people off right now.
Not really. Played the superior Switch version a year ago, portable too. Enjoy the table scraps.

>b-but muh 4K

Kek

You have to be legitimately retarded or very mentally challenged to actually believe this.

>THIS GAME IS ABSOLUTE DOGSHIT LITERALLY UNPLAYABLE FUCKING RETARDED SHIT FOR LITERAL FUCKING RETARDS WORST GAME OF ALL TIME
that seems like a slight overreaction
>AND HERE COME THE FUCKING DRONES TO DEFEND IT

neck yourselves and the nearest possible opportunity

if you try hard enough you can make an argument for why fischer price toys are fun for adults or why dragon dildos are fun for adults or why hanging from hooks is fun for adults or why anything is fun for 1 person on the planet.

11/10 physics 3/10 everything else

For me the obsession is about the fear, I honestly like the GTA style of open world, I dont want it to turn into the "open air" boring world of shrines/seeds from now on. I really want to play another GTA but I am not interested in playing another BotW, yet I fear that's what we'll be getting from now on. I don't even like the climbing that much, I feel like it trivializes the landscape and makes it too easily traversable.

no it’s a to b garbage

>If botw isn't good, then idiots wasted $400 on nothing. They can't accept that. They can't admit that to themselves or to anyone who told them not to.
Yeah and I'm sure your seething hatred has nothing to do with the fact that BotW is on a Nintendo console you don't own right?

Even when rival developers and industry insiders crown BotW at the GDC Awards next month you'll still stomp your feet in denial.

Cred Forums is assblasted because Nintendo made an openworld game that is actually fun and popular

SEETHING

>worst
Funny way to say SALTY

So what is Cred Forums's obsession with Nintendo all about?

>unless you have one hell of a sailing fetish

And what if I do have a sailing fetish, motherfucker?

I'll admit BotW is objectively the perfect realization of WW's potential though.

Easily the SALTY game I have ever played?

>Not really. Played the superior Switch version a year ago, portable too. Enjoy the table scraps.
>that image
The lack of gyro for the shrines is the only annoyance. How you never shot a bow with a stick before?

You can easily get 60fps when you set it up right. You can even use mouse and keyboard if aiming with a joystick is something you never learned how to do in the previous 20 years of console games with bows.

Proof of 60fps:
youtube.com/watch?v=rnNKX9JfaQ8

Setup guide:
youtu.be/-Pa8A7o32ZM

Pretty sure all the sudden dislike for the game is pc bros finally playing it. We're just used to more than what botw offers.

Why did you link to my post and then write a random quote that was completely unrelated to the topic?

It's STILL relevant.

Same

>just finished laughing at the desperation in the last 500+ post BotW Hate thread.
>click on the next BotW Hate thread
>piss myself laughing at the exact same desperate shitposting.
>12 months of watching shitters sperging out because they got fucking annihilated by Nintendo has been destructive on my sides.

Absolute fucking perfection. I hope you never ever get over it Cred Forums.

>Yeah and I'm sure your seething hatred has nothing to do with the fact that BotW is on a Nintendo console you don't own right?
Cemu, bro. I just got done playing through it. I didn't spend a dime for it specifically.

Do you really need a popularity contest to bolster your poor purchasing decisions? Of course it will win, soyboys are the majority gaming demographic because they like games that are easy to beat.

That's a straight up lie and you know it. Tons of people here have criticized Odyssey's game design. Fuck, man, some of the Moons are even worse than Korok Seeds.

It’s not a game. It’s a soyme.

Where?

But I didn't spend $400 (or £330 in the UK) on it. I got a Wii U a few years prior before it was even announced.

>Some of us just want to be able to criticize it without dissent
But why?

/thread
This.

>You can even use mouse and keyboard if aiming with a joystick is something you never learned how to do in the previous 20 years of console games with bows.
Is this the level of unchecked desperation people go through? Just buy a fucking Switch if you want to play it so badly.

Nah just the worst Zelda game

>continues playing the victim role

Saying "I disagree" is not the same as saying "you're a sony loving nigger jew".

The former promotes discussion, the latter is shitposting.

>just spend $400
>or just spend an hour tops downloading and setting up cemu

Hmmmm i wonder which i'll chose....

Did you play Phantom Hourglass?

then drown yourself

>cemu

Kek nice way to ruin the experience I guess. Emulation is the ultimate cuck.

>on my $5000 non-portable gaming rig with emulation bugs and imperfections

nah

>look alexa, i posted it again!

Ok have tinkering around with a broken shitty emulator and still have an inferior experience to Nintendo's sexy little tablet which fits in my pocket.

*breathes in*

Here's a list of everything you can do in Hebra, one of the emptiest and smallest regions in the entire game:

>an environmental puzzle/riddle on Talonto peak that requires you to view a bird-shaped terrain formation from a certain angle to take the appropriate path to reach the shrine
>a stable with its own Stalhorse sidequest
>two environmental puzzles that require you to roll snowballs down the correct path to open a large door
>Pondo's lodge and associated snowball-rolling minigame
>Selmie's house and associated shield-surfing minigame
>leviathan skeleton needed for a larger sidequest
>the North Lomei Labyrinth
>an environmental puzzle that requires you to find a way to safely navigate to an underwater cave without freezing (the intended solution seems to be riding a log, but you can cheese your way through with enough health)
>a large wall of ice that requires heat items to melt to successfully reach the shrine
>a Lynel challenge in the north

And that's just in addition to the 10+ other shrines that don't require any puzzles or items to reach but might still be hidden nonetheless. I didn't even mention Koroks. Again, this is one of the EMPTIEST regions on the map.

The game is filled with content variety. Just because it doesn't satisfy your autism doesn't mean it doesn't count.

Try harder

*DUBS DERAILMENT INCOMING*

*THIS IS NOT A DRILL*

*IF I GET DUBS WE STOP FUCKING POSTING ON THIS THREAD*

*IF I DONT SOMEONE ELSE MUST ROLL DUBS FOR THEIR DRAGONBALL©™ WISH*

It'll stop being posted when it stops being relevant.

more like $800 that i built two years ago and it's not covered in dust because i'm using it right now.

Having shitty low resolution and framerate ruins the experience, that's why i didn't play it on switch.

>Just because it doesn't satisfy your autism doesn't mean it doesn't count.
But it's liked too much by game journalists, so it's not worthwhile content. If it was good and indepth, it would go over the head of your average journalist and they'd hate it.. Otherwise we would have to count Skyrim and Horizon as good games too. Brrr, and I don't wanna like anything by them.

This is copypasta spam and has been addressed.

You get nothing of value for any of those things and not a single one provides a challenge to someone who can legally sit in the front seats of a car.

I love this pasta because it triggers BotW shitposters harder than anything else. Confront them with any kind of evidence that challenges their shit tier criticisms and just watch them get extremely worked up.

>$800
doubt

This is fucking boring for a game focused on exploration. There is nothing interesting about coming upon environmental puzzles that obviously lead to shrines. Its like they were just waiting for Link to show up and do them, so where is the feeling of discovery? It hardly feels like exploring a world and uncovering its secrets, you are just doing a bunch of unnatural puzzles laid out for you on the map. It's such a shitty type of exploration

Setting up the emulator takes about 2 minutes when you follow the video guide.

Isn't it just $160 to get a WiiU and BotW? How much was your rig?

>D-Doesn't count!

>There is nothing interesting about coming upon environmental puzzles that obviously lead to shrines

yes there is

>i-it doesn't count!

Easily the best game I have ever played.

>and has been addressed

Not successfully though.

here's your (You)
now go

Skyrim

No did I miss all these criticism threads? Even when that "its no masterpiece" video gets posted its mostly mocked. People actually like Odyssey and it actually deserves the praise it gets.

>There is nothing interesting about coming upon environmental puzzles

And most people disagree with that, so you're in the minority there.

logicalincrements.com/

I bought along the Superb line at the time and I already had a psu, monitors SDD, HDD, and case.

Lern2computer.

I dont even think thats the case. If people could come upon those environmental puzzles, OR, dungeons, ruins to explore, deep caves...what do you think they would chose?

800. But it runs the game at twice the resolution and does more than play baby games.

too bad about the portability though...

>DUDE SHRINES LMAO
Was this the best Nintendo could do? I found the Forgotten Temple thinking it'd be like Hyrule Castle but it's literally just a hallway filled with guardians that leads to a shrine.

If I want to watch a movie on the go, I can pull out my phone.

>dude, just already own these things that way you won't have to buy them

Oh i don't have ADHD so i don't get bored the instant i'm removed from stimulus. I bring a book if i have nothing to do for long periods of time while i'm out. You remember books, right? Those things they assigned you in school?

it's not a movie lol. TLOU is a movie, but this game not so much...

>muh interiors

Anyway, since dungeons and caves often used to contain those godawful tile-pushing puzzles or, even worse yet, nothing but a single fucking rupee chest, I'm going to put my faith in humanity and say they'd choose the environmental puzzles.

>overworld boring
it's the most exciting world in a zelda ever. prove me wrong. You can say its still boring but don't tell me its a step down for the zelda series.
>combat with random enemies never worth doing
Welcome to video games.
>shrines and dungeons braindead easy
literally the hardest dungeon puzzles ever in zelda. You cannot dispute this.

because the player now needs to assess their tool arsenal rather than use the boomerang for every single puzzle in the dungeon.

If you are going to dispute this. Video evidence is required.
>The final boss is terrible
There is one good final boss in all of zelda and its only because link implants the master sword into gannons skull at the end of wind waker. It has nothing to do with the actual fight the ending was just satisfying
>inb4 I got nostalia fagged like every botw thread

Pretty much. I didn't have to spend $400 to play one game.

Yeah its almost like a game called Breath Of The Wild is focused on, I dunno, being OUTSIDE in the wild. Crazy.

>hurr i read a book like that quentin comic told me to

okay

>his only argument now is that he overspent for graphics and indies
Wew

Same here, I thought I found a dungeon or something, it was majorly underwhelming

>a comic told me to read
What?

That's fucking stupid

Right, you spent $800 to play one game

>ACFag

TLOU is a movie and this image doesn't argue against that.

>sony wojak for a guy who hates cinematic experiences

>your game has design issues because I say so
argue the weapon durability system logically or languish in my further mocking you.

the real issue is that weapons all feel the exact same outside of swing speed. The durability system is exclusively complained about by brainlets

The vast majority of BotW's world is extremely shallow and this lists just justifies that. This terrible content is absolutely not suitable for a game focused on exploration and adventure.

Despite all the claim to the contrary, BotW's world does not feel "real" or "alive". How could it, when you constantly find these lame puzzles like rolling snowballs down hills, koroks waiting for you, and shrines waiting for you? Instead of feeling like a real, lived in world, it feels like a playground for Link to engage in spurious activities. Its terrible for immersion.

The funny part is, this is the type of content you would expect from a Mario 64/Sunshine type of level, where each separate thing is another goal or star. It's not what you should get with an open world exploration game.

I spent $120 on a Wii U which is cheaper than any sum of PC parts needed to emulate it. You lose at poorfaggotry.

huh?

I could spend 120 on a bicycle too. It won't do the same things that a more expensive car would. What's your point? Are you responding to me via your wiiu?

I'm not arguing against that. TLOU totally is a movie. But so is Zelda. I mean, why would these movie loving casuals like an actual good video game? every other day they're making articles about how gameplay is problematic and how Mario is a nazi racist. They hate good gameplay.

uh huh

This but unironically. People calling BotW's puzzles braindead definitely didn't play the previous Zelda games which only OCCASIONALLY had a good puzzle while the rest were about fifteen times worse than anything in BotW.

What? I don't read sjw comics so the only quentin i know is the director.

>But so is Zelda.
But it's not?

And yet, if the game had more interiors it would make the feeling of relief being in the overworld that much more keenly felt. The first thing in the game is emerging from a dark chamber into the beautiful overworld. The game never re-creates that feeling even though I think it would be beneficial to do so.

And is a "wild" world not also full of things to delve into and explore? Caves, forests, dense cities, ancient structures?

>a game getting good scores automatically makes it a movie

keep stretching there, kid

You're oblivious to the fact that the world is designed in a way that no matter where you and and what you do, you will always find *something*. Compared to other open world games which offer nothing for exploring every nook. Shitters don't understand Game Design.

>so you're saying
literal womanposting.

>You can say its still boring but don't tell me its a step down for the zelda series.

I would argue that they did not learn the correct lessons from Zelda 1, the game that apparently inspired this one.

My point is that playing on PC isn't the cheapest way to play the game you goalpost moving non sequitur faggot. First said you played it for free and then for $800 and then "Well I could get a bicycle instead!"

What you don't seem to understand is that this "something" isn't interesting.

You forgot the common complaints on the list.
>A quarter of the game revolves around climbing, but if it starts raining you're shit outta luck
>There are three enemies you consistently fight throughout the game (bokoblin, moblin, lizalfos)
>The game's idea of a difficulty spike is to just add retarded hp and damage scaling to the enemies instead of actually giving them good weapons or armor
>The "dungeons" were shit
>A quarter of the shrines were the same thing
>Sidequest gave jack shit in return for doing them
>Shrine quest were usually shit
>Voice acting is shit
>The weapon scaling was apeshit so there were a bunch of weapons that had no use because by the time you got them you already had a consistent source of better weapons

I agree with everything except
>too many cutscenes
Honestly one of my biggest problems with the game was the lack of story, like Zelda games have never had amazing complicated stories but they were at least engaging and had some good moments, instead of literally nothing. A lot of the cutscenes were just random shit that didn't really matter in the grand scheme of things.
>B-but it was a cool way to develop Zelda's character
Not really, this Zelda was significantly less likeable than WW, SS, or TP. Her characterization was FFXV-tiers of retarded.

what are you saying

>bike/car analogy when he wasted $800 on a bare bones rig that can't even properly run a WiiU game

Even in ass creed games you will always find "something".

The stuff you find in those games is just as useless as the stuff you find in botw unless you really, really, really need your 500,000th ruppee, all the item slots, all the stamina bars and hearts, or your 20th royal bow or silver shield.

>actually defending game journalists

>muh paid reviews! muh nintendo bonus!
top kek kid.

It's amazing how every single point was wrong

This is a terrible justification. There doesn't need to be something in every nook especially not something as obnoxiously unnatural as a puzzle or a korok seed. Sometimes a game world can just breathe and exist. Besides always finding "something" isn't exciting in BotW because it becomes predictable very early. I stopped going to conspicuous looking objects in the world because I knew they would just lead to koroks.

I understand game design just fine. BotW filling its map with this terrible content that is not befitting a game about exploration, is not good game design.

Its funny, you all argue BotW doesnt need constant rewards, unlike those other shitty games. But when you try to justify the terrible shrines, seeds and environmental puzzles, you suddenly embrace the argument of "well this game rewards you for looking everywhere".

Not a movie, bro

It is the cheapest since you get more use out of it. Sorry you don't understand how things work in life. Each thing i can do with my computer lowers the total amount i spent to do on any one thing.

60fps on 1280x720 resolution. Sorry. I even managed to hook my cell phone into cemu so i could use the gyro for puzzles.

Why did you link my post, Doug? I didn't say anything about game journalists.

LoZ was barebones as fuck compared to everything that came after it, don't kid yourself. The only good thing about it was that it encouraged exploration and allowed the player to go almost everywhere on the map, which BotW also does so it's not a problem.

BotW took the best aspects of LoZ and got rid of the worst aspects. Nothing of value was lost, faggot.

>Even in ass creed games you will always find "something
The difference is that Ass Creed gives you a list to check off. BotW does not. Every discovery in BotW is a personal one. Its funny how even a simple design choice like that blows every other open world clean out of the water.

>VALID PROS DON'T COUNT BECAUSE I SAY SO
the absolute state of soynyggers

>Ass Creed gives you a list to check off. BotW does not.
??????????

>everything i say is valid
>everything someone else says is invalid

I miss the days when shitposters would be permanently banned.

>nintendo bonus
No, it's more like
>idiot game journos who have no idea what a good game is

This applies to everyone. If you actually think garbage like Uncharted deserves a 95, then you're frankly insane. Heck, where were you guys when everyone screamed "paid reviews" at Monster Hunter World? I guess it's okay to say that against a non-nintendo product?

>$800 rig plus $800 phone to be able to run a $160 WiiU rom
>and he is bragging about it

>game

irony

I miss the days when people actually presented arguments instead of opinions

>Doug Harris AKA ACfag

>being poor

>played 40 other games in the time since cemu got good
>payed an average of $20 per game
>vs paying $160+$60 to play one game

Still not a movie though my man

>Using extreme amounts of hyperbole
>Having fully capitalized words
>Having spaces between every line
Jesus Christ i feel like i just read a /r/politics post.
Every single post there that isn't a opinion like the shrine quest or voice acting is completely true and you're not actually going to say jack shit to refute any of them.

>Nothing of value was lost, faggot.

except for dungeons, good items and progression, enemy variety, and even atmosphere as it feels more convincingly post apocalyptic

As long as it fits these three qualifications, it IS a movie.

>liked by game journos
>more than 1 hour of cutscenes
>30 FPS

Even trying to defend any of these things just outs you as a marketer.

no

>you didn't throw $1600 in the trash therefore you are poor
Lol

>progression
what progression?
getting a weapon that you only absolutely need in the dungeon where you found it?

>Every discovery in BotW is a personal one

Ah, so we're at je ne sais quoi

>one game
You keep saying this. It's hilarious

don't reply to ACFag

The problem is just your personal opinion.

I had a immense amount of fun playing in the most immersive open world game I've ever played, enjoying the freedom and agency and exhilaration of exploration and discovery. Shrines were mostly great, completing them made me stronger allowing me to explore further than I could before, finding koroks allowed me to become more powerful - a constant loop of player progression through empowerment and incentivising more exploration.

You don't like it then thats fine. But don't start calling Tetris shit just because you don't like blocks.

>especially not something as obnoxiously unnatural as a puzzle

Puzzles are literally the cornerstone of Zelda games. The excitement of exploration, no matter what game you played in the series, was always from discovering a puzzle that you could interact with and solve instead of the utterly useless shit you would get after completing it. I mean, if that's not your cup of tea, that's fine but I don't understand why you're acting like other people shouldn't enjoy it.

Besides, what "exciting thing to explore" would YOU put into the game if not environmental puzzles?

>Doug Harris AKA ACfag

Everyone has a cellphone tardomatic, sorry if you steal electricity and play your autist box froma Walmart dumpster. And unlike the Switch there are other things you can do with the PC than play Zelda lmao

I dont even get the shrines. I feel like hiding heart pieces and stamina pieces in the overworld would be WAY more interesting, and give the game more interesting secrets, than just having the shrines.

>just already have a phone, it won't cost you anything

why not both?

Do you not have a cell phone? :(

There's nothing else worth playing on wiiu or switch. BOTW wasn't worth anything more than the $20 i technically payed for it.

That's his real name? Did he get doxxed?

holy shit botw runs at 60 fps on a pentium

>Doug Harris AKA ACfag

your criteria isn't an argument either lol

>has walmart phone
Poor baby. I bet you don't even have a gyro so it wouldn't matter for you either way.

>There's nothing else worth playing on wiiu or switch
Imagine having this much Sony PTSD

Are you really not able to afford a fucking phone lol

Is this the average Nintendo poster? Are you communicating from a library?

I already looked at the best selling list. Go ahead and name them. What? Pokken? Mario Kart? Smash brothers? What?

>Besides, what "exciting thing to explore" would YOU put into the game if not environmental puzzles?

Pretty much anything that would make the world feel more dense, historical or mysterious. Caves, deep ruins, old temples, smaller villages, farms and camps, thick woods, graveyards. You know stuff that would make it feel like an actual world to explore.

>Puzzles are literally the cornerstone of Zelda games

There were virtually no puzzles in Zelda 1, the game BotW was most inspired by. Making BotW so puzzle centric was a really dumb idea

After all this time?

>tell me what to play
Lol

>Caves, deep ruins, old temples, smaller villages, farms and camps, thick woods, graveyards

so you mean stuff that was already in the game?

I'm calling BotW shit because I like exploring a mysterious world and this is not what BotW provides. It is the most shallow form of exploration imaginable. I have never seen a game world more obviously telegraphed than this one.

>I dont even get the shrines.

Let me break it down:

You find the shrines by exploring. Once you find a shrine it becomes a warp point. This make explorating more convenient.

Shrines exist as a break from the overworld. They will offer you a new gameplay style. They will test your 3D spatial awareness, your understanding of the game's mechanics, your problem solving abilities, you'r creative lateral thinking, and quite often subtly teaching you more of how the game works.

As well as finding weapons and treasure, completing a shrine earns you an orb which you can choose to either make yourself stronger or increase your stamina to allow you to explore further.

I don't understand why this is difficult to grasp.

Then why call games like TLOU movies?

I'm tired of this bullsgit from Nintendo. Botw and Odyssey have some of best controls, but it all goes to waste because there are no good Dungeons/levels/areas/whatever to use them in.

Also can the open world meme stop ruining all of my favorite franchises please?

I miss the days when people who just argued about arguments at least admitted as much.

Cred Forums is filled with poorfags

movies don't require meaningful input to progress the story either.

>I'm calling BotW shit because I like exploring a mysterious world and this is not what BotW provides. It is the most shallow form of exploration imaginable.
This right here is why nobody takes shitters seriously. Their opinions are laughable and sound like the ramblings of a child who has no grasp of Game Design.

because it has more cutscenes and much less gameplay in relation hurrr

Next iteration in both series are likely to rope the scope back in a bit.

How the fuck do you guys know his name is Doug Harris?

what caves does the game have other than barely-caves that just contain a shrine and everything in them can be seen from the outside? and yes i am aware of the cave with treasure from that quest near dueling peaks, but same thing, its barely a cave and moreso just a tiny tiny area that holds treasure. what deep ruins does the game have to explore and not just lazy scattered ruins with no detail? and when i say "old temples", the forgotten temple is not something you explore so much as just run through to avoid all the lasers. and the game has farms and camps? i did not notice any farms when walking around the world. nor camps (and i dont mean moblin camps, i mean camps set up by NPCs that give the world some more detail). walk around a world like skyrim and you see these things in a lot. and i would like more thick forests, not just the lost woods which feels less like a forest and more like a "stick to the right path or get booted" shadow realm. the little korok forest town was great, loved going into their little hut, but the game needed way more of that.

BotW simply does not have the stuff I mentioned in any real, meaningful fashion.

>play TLOU
>do nothing
>die
>story doesn't progress

Whoa, so TLOU isn't a movie anymore?

It has 2 hours of cutscenes to 20 hours of gameplay. Is that not enough? Personally, it's not enough to me, but I got called a faggot for criticizing TLOU, so what do I know?

>It has 2 hours of cutscenes to 20 hours of gameplay.
exactly

>go to movie
>don't pay attention
>miss movie

>Caves, deep ruins, old temples, smaller villages, farms and camps, thick woods, graveyards

There are ruins, there are old temples, there are smaller villages, there are farms, there are camps (stables), there are thick woods (Lost Woods and Faron), there's even a graveyard in Kakariko. You're a retard.

>There were virtually no puzzles in Zelda 1

Yes there were. The puzzles in LoZ focused on figuring out where to navigate, which secret areas to uncover, how you would uncover them (would you bomb something, would you push it aside, etc.) and generally used spatial/environmental reasoning just like BotW does.

Just because Zelda 1's puzzles were ultra simplistic compared to the rest of the series doesn't mean it didn't have puzzles.

>AC fag once more pretending that everyone else is a hypocrite.

I understand their purpose. I was saying I dont get how they thought they were a good idea.

So I guess Bayonetta is a movie too?

>d-doesn't count!!!

Please tell us how filling a world with shirines, koroks, moblin camps and dumb environmental puzzles is actually good game design that makes for a compelling world. it does not.

I thought Odyssey had some cool levels

>le gimped pocket PC meme

>been almost a year since the game came out
>people are still debating over the quality of the game
I don't know whether I should be appalled or amazed at this dedication

Bayonetta has good gameplay

Yeah that's what I'm hoping for. Now that they've got the games figured out mechanicly they can focus on level design, world design, enemy design, and other stuff more, so we can actually get a game instead of "here's a sandbox with a bunch of stuff to do even though you have no incentive to do any of them lol"

Who cares.

because it's a game for 6 year olds and people who've never played games before.

Just google search for "how do i beat shrine botw". It's unfuckingbelievable that someone who can use a computer wasn't able to figure out every shrine on their own in under 2 minutes.

You fucking know Im right. Its retarded to imply those are actual caves, retarded to imply the game actually has farms, retarded to imply the game has camps set up, retarded to imply the game contains actual temples and not just one "run or get killed" segment.

BotW does not have these. It just does not.

go play ME: Andromeda and then come back to confirm your shit opinion

I didn't really feel like I lacked incentive, but I didn't lack reward in many instances.

>d-doesn't count!!!

>and the game has farms and camps?

Not him, but some stables have miniature farms behind them and NPC camps in front of them. Kakariko also has a chicken farm.

Not going to bother responding to the rest of your shit blog since it's just endless goalpost-moving nonsense.

>in any real, meaningful fashion.

haha

Horizon Zero Dawn of course
*sips soy smoothie*

dungeons in zelda 1 are objectively worse than botw's in every way.

Why bother? Its been a year. You have no interest in debating. You don't want to have your mind changed. You just want to hate because of some bizarre reason. Perhaps you cannot stand popular opinion. Perhaps you have an irrational hatred of Nintendo and cannot stomach another one of their games being hailed as a masterpiece.

I dunno and I don't care. But I will say the same thing I say to all shitters. It is very easy to OBJECTIVELY explain WHY BotW is a masterpiece of Game Design.

All shitters have is SUBJECTIVE personal opinion.

You are being intentionally obtuse.

I want EXPLORABLE caves. Not caves that just exist to house a shrine and nothing else.
I want EXPORABLE ruins and temples. Not just ONE """"temple"""" thats meant as a laser avoiding segment.
I want NPC Farms and camps set up in the overworld or something like that. Game has none.
I want EXPLORABLE thick woods and not just a "follow the path or get booted" segment.

If you are still going to reply "doesn't count!" then you just dont understand how BotW's exploration falls way short of the mark. But I'm not surprised. If BotW fans are satisfied with the shitty world they got, they can be satisfied by anything. They're not very demanding.

So you literally cannot answer the question. Ok.

>good gameplay
>91 metacritic

Into the trash it goes.

So which game gave you all of those to your liking?

Also, did anyone here REALLY have any trouble with the shrine with the constellations? Took me 2 minutes, tops.

I can objectively explain WHY BotW is a masterpiece and you will stomp your feet and deny it all. Been a year dude.

The temple you're referring to that's a laser avoiding segment is explorable. The labyrinths are also explorable and they're basically ruins/temples too. NPC farms and camps are set up in the overworld, you just weren't paying attention. Almost the entire Faron region is literally a thick dense jungle.

Not him, but you're the only person in this thread being intellectually dishonest about it. Either do some actual research on the game you plan to shitpost about or fuck off.

People have different skill sets. I bet many people breezed through shrines which had you stumped for a bit.

I cannot fucking believe how low IQ can get

>30 FPS is objectively better than 60 FPS

Oh, this will be good. Do enlighten me.

From some metroid thread a while back

There was not a single shrine that had me stumped.

>compelling

I mean, that's a subjective and utterly meaningless term in the first place so it'd be impossible to "tell you" without you just saying it doesn't count. What I find compelling, you might not and what you find compelling, I might not.

>if it has a high metacritic it MUST be shit

oh ACFag...

I looked up the solution for the constellation shrine just because I was tired and didn't feel like thinking about it.

The ice block shrine, yeah I just chucked the block through the flames at the end. It was tiny when I got it to the end but it was good enough to pass it.

The gerudo shrine quest where you have to bring the ice block to the lady annoyed me more. I cleaned out all the enemies from the ruins and then when I leave with the block there are even more enemies. So I sneak around the ruins and get to the town and I can't find her. I thought she was going to wait by the town gate, not at the ruins. I run through the town and then go all the way back to the ruins and the ice block was still pretty big.

>BOTW is a great game, really innovative
Okay. I can get behind this.

>every other game is shit, only Nintendo makes good games, you have to stop liking PS4 and Xbox and PC games otherwise you have shit taste
And you lost me.

Elder Scrolls does exploration a lot better because you will actually come across stuff like inns, caves, explorable ruins, farms, camps, little collections of homes, shrines of worship

BotW does not do this in any comparable capacity. Exploring BotW is mostly about coming across korok seed puzzles and shrines

Now where the fuck did that statement come from?

>Doug Harris AKA ACfag

Reminder that this is who you're defending.

It's honestly astounding how this game has caused continual anger and asshurt for a full YEAR with no stop in sight, are shitposters/nintendo haters/sony and pc worshippers really THAT determined to convince everyone that it's the worst game ever made or is it just a meme at this point?

Ok, so you can admit that when critics praise the world for being amazing or compelling to explore, thats utterly meaningless as well

I really think these images are starting to reveal why so many people like this game.

It makes them feel smart that they figured out basic bitch puzzles that you'd find in the back of a Highlights for Children magazine.

no, there's a whole survival and story mechanic to give purpose to the exploration too

Please cease user. Spare us. We can only marvel at your intellect quite so hard.

>60FPS with mods in the PC versions

SPBP

What would happen to Cred Forums if we were somehow prevented from making BotW shitflinging threads for 48 hours?

>blog by a literally who

What does FPS have to do with game design you complete fucking dunce?

Also, in this gen, even so-called high-end hardware can't cope with 60 fps.

Shitters are embarrassing. Its like trying to explain the intricacies of cooking a fine meal and they sperg out over the pattern of the tiles on the kitchen floor. Thats my food analogy for this thread.

You said BOTW was objectively a masterpiece, so go ahead. Defend every single facet of it.

You went with fucking Elder Scrolls?

Alright. I'm spent.

Well yes, Sherlock. I can admit that everything, including reviews, are subjective. I thought that was just common sense.

masterpiece does not mean perfect lol

>you said

haha

>now do what I say

HAHA

>I looked up the solution for the constellation shrine just because I was tired and didn't feel like thinking about it.
I realized i couldn't draw them because there wasn't enough space and then i looked at the big map and saw that they repeated so i did that and got through.

For the ice house shrine i had majoras mask so that was a cinch.

Bizzaro Cred Forums thread is that way

>What does FPS have to do with game design you complete fucking dunce?
How asbout the fact that anything below 60 FPS is jittery powerpoint slideshow garbage, and for 60 bucks+ DLC money I shouldn't be suffering through that?

>Also, in this gen, even so-called high-end hardware can't cope with 60 fps.
>buying a console
found your problem.

You literally called it perfect as well user, stop deflecting.

Sony posters might die.

>You literally called it perfect as well user
no i didn't

The fuck is this meme? I own BotW on Switch and Wii U. I've been playing on cemu with consistent 30fps at 1080p on an i5 and 1050 ti.

Dude I don't BotW is perfect by a longshot. But I can confidently still call it a masterpiece of game design which will stand tall as a milestone in the gaming landscape for years to come. Time for you to move on and let the healing process begin.

>i'm not here to have a debate
Go to bed sargon, you're tired.

>Exploring BotW is mostly about coming across korok seed puzzles and shrines

The best part about discussing BotW on Cred Forums is still how easily you can tell which people didn't actually play it, but are wasting their time making up the craziest bullshit.

After a full fucking year you'd think they'd wisened up.

stay assblasted over this masterpiece of a game

>I can confidently still call it a masterpiece of game design which will stand tall as a milestone in the gaming landscape for years to come.
Not as long as game journos like it, and you will never be able to convince me to listen to those filthy corrupt crooks.

prove you exist.

Remember to screencap this entire ordeal user, to showcase your intelligence to your grandchildren.

i think therefore i am

I'm just happy i never spent a dime to play it specifically.

haha

great

That doesn't prove you exist.

>Spends his time crying about it on Cred Forums
You don't sound happy.

it kinda does

You certainly don't have to.
It's not like anyone here gives a shit about their opinions.

But you could maybe play the game for yourself.

>crying about saving money
Yes i'll weep all the way to the bank.

>you will never be able to convince me
Thats your mistake bro. I have no need to convince you. I love the game just fine.

YOU, on the otherhand, are desperate to convince me or anyone. Just move on dude. Putting yourself through this pain every day isn't healthy.

Nice strawman

And yet BOTW occupies your mind RENT FREE

So rocks don't exist because they don't think?

Prove you exist.

your loss

Where you will be asking for a loan?

Who actually goes to the bank anymore?

Pretty much. Like i said i pirated the game and technically the console.

>Elder Scrolls does exploration a lot better because you will actually come across stuff like inns, caves, explorable ruins, farms, camps, little collections of homes, shrines of worship

You've been responded to over three times on this topic. BotW literally has almost all of those.

>Exploring BotW is mostly about coming across korok seed puzzles and shrines

Assuming you actually played the game, the only way a player could even remotely get that impression is if they scoured every ounce of the map and forgot about that content a day later.

A implies B does not mean notB implies notA

why isnt anyone posting mechs in this thread?

Also the only game you have ever played.

You're a real star.

>Pretty much

>almost
it has ALL of those + more

>Who actually goes to the bank anymore?
People who have money to deposit or withdraw?

Have you never needed more than $500 at one time? wow. I went there for a wire transfer back in october when i bought 20k worth of bitcoin just before it took off.

I already have the game in better format on the PC. all I'm asking is that you stop using game journalists as a metric for anything. Please, that's all I'm asking.

Also, it would probably help if you stopped saying that all non-Nintendo games are shit.

Good thing logic has nothing to do with reality.

indeed

Well I personally never did either, so you don't have to ask me for anything.

Imagine that it's 2008. Game seems pretty good now.

>Now he's larping about bitcoin
How much more pathetic can a Cred Forumsirgin get? Next step for you is barneyfag tier.

Man, I don't know what third world hole you live in, but I don't have those kinds of limitations to my account usage.

It's been something like eigth to ten years since I stepped into my bank physically.

I never once mentioned critics or even any other game.

I swear the guy who keeps talking about Elder Scrolls in EVERY BotW thread is the exact same person. Same posting style, same intellectual dishonesty, same arguments, etc.

>bitcoin isn't real

AAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAJAHA

No such claim was made.

You have ATM's that allow you to take out more than $500 per day? Weird. Got any proof? No? What a surprise.

Bitcoin is as real as the ones and zeros that make it up. However, you Cred Forumsirgins that like to roleplay as if you've invested in it? That shit ain't real. You are some of the most pathetic posters this board has ever seen.

>w-we never mentioned critics, honesty
>he says while posting 97 and game journo reviews constantly

When you straight up start lying to me, that's just an insult.

I did play it. I beat all 120 shrines

Exploring in BotW is mostly about shrines and seeds. That's really what its about.

So what's the larp? I couldn't have had money to invest and watch quadruple because i don't agree that a baby game is good?

Maybe there's some connection between being successful and thinking little of botw?

I wonder what his end goal is.

Maybe he's actually a Nintendo shill falseflagging as an idiot to get people to talk about the game. But that'd be really convoluted. And he'd be a little TOO good at it to just do it for money.

>BotW literally has almost all of those.

Not like elder scrolls though. in ES you walk around the world and fins inns and camps and stuff. In Botw all the inns are just in the villages.

He just accused you of not actually bying bitcoin, but just telling a story about doing so.

>he doesn't know what LARPing means
>he needs to physically appear in a bank and present an ID to use $500 of his own money
>he can't transfer any sum of currency at will from a phone app
>he is Doug Harris

>20k in
>60k out
>IT'S NOT REAL BRO

Oh i am laffin.

You can't make up the shit this guy writes.

>BotW literally has almost all of those.

Not NEARLY at the capacity of Elder Scrolls in terms of number, detail, or how scattered about they are. When exploring say Morrowind or Skyrim you come across that shit constantly. When exploring BotW you absolutely do not.

oh fuck what a shitty game

>Maybe if I keep posting without any semblance or proof, people will stop thinking I'm a basement loser who spends his life crying in Zelda threads pretending I have a small sum of money

Not much i can do about that. Any image i post will just be doctored, according to the haters.

They have phones that print cash? that's new. What is that, some zimbabwe phone?

I don't take out cash ever, man. Why would I?

Why would you? Does your landlord ask for rent in cash? Ask yourself if you're getting fucked in the ass.

Just because you respond with a smug arrogance, that does not make you correct. Exploring the world of elder scrolls is more engaging because you will come across more varied stuff, more signs of life, more lore and more buildings.

>post an image
>NICE PHOTOSHOP BRO

Nice meme.

>Any image i post will just be doctored, according to the haters.

Is this the part where I'm supposed to feel sorry for you?

Imagine wasting your free time trying to bait Cred Forums. That's OP's life.

>In Botw all the inns are just in the villages.

Thanks for finally confirming that you didn't play the game.

Yes, having most of the world be fucking boring and filled with shrines/seeds does indeed make for a shitty game. Imagine in Skyrim if they only kept the inns and farms at villages, and replaced at the ones in the overworld with korok seed puzzles and shrines. and imagine if all the caves were turned into five feet, one room """"caves""" to house a shrine

This is BotW.

My mom couldn't pay her rent for a few months and i kept her off the streets. I don't have a checkbook or i'd have used that.

>Instead of posting any sort of proof of transaction, simply responds with this
And I repeat, Cred Forumsirgins are the most pathetic people on this site. Do you also roleplay over at ?

Tell me an inn that is in BotW, that is not in a village. I absolutely do not recall any.

I wouldn't want to you overexert yourself.

>Elder Scrolls does exploration a lot better
Except exploration in BotW is actually fun and engaging. Whodda fucking thunk it?

Please tell me *FUN* is a buzzword. I love it when shitters do that.

What's your end goal with all this idocy, man?

Literally every stable in the game, you retard.

Stables are also basically camps.

aw shit man you got me i'm going to go console myself with my several years of your salary.

>Except exploration in BotW is actually fun and engaging

Its not because the world is fucking boring. For exploraiton to be engaging the world actually has to be filled with interesting stuff and not shrines and seeds and moblin encamptments

Neither would I.

>He thinks my salary is that paltry sum that he's pretending to have earned
Stop kid, I'm running out of smug anime to respond to how pathetic you are.

That explains why you like this game.

Skyrim was bad because the gameplay and mechanics lacked polish

While that is very nice of you, I am confused as to why this would involve taking out large amounts of cash.

Don't you guys have this web banking thing that's been all the rage for the last ten years where you live?

no, it's several times your yearly earnings.

Nice animu collection though. I'm sure it helps with the bad thoughts. You won bro. Give yourself a spirit orb for that.

No, the events are unrelated, but that's good bantz.

>While that is very nice of you, I am confused as to why this would involve taking out large amounts of cash.
>Don't you guys have this web banking thing that's been all the rage for the last ten years where you live?
It's quicker to just give her cash.

There is no core combat system you stupid fucking cunt

>For exploraiton to be engaging the world actually has to be filled with interesting stuff and not shrines and seeds and moblin encamptments
But it DOES.

Also, you talk about 'shrines' as if thats one singular thing. But its actually 100 completely fucking unique mini dungeons with their own complete fucking unique content. Cry some more.

Not that guy but all the stables include an inn

I think it's becoming increasingly obvious that you don't know enough about this game to make relevant shitposts

Maybe you didn't watch enough youtube videos

>skyrim
>interesting

You’ve lost me

Half Life 2 had more complicated physics puzzles.

It won GOTY 2011. Stop being contrarian.

>it is quicker to go physically to the bank and take out a large amount and go and give it physically to your mom so she can hand it over physically to her landlord,

>than opening your webbank and transfering the amount to her landlord's account

Is this whole thing about you not being eightteen years of age yet?

sometimes critics are wrong

Oh it won an award? I better retroactively change my mind on it then.

I like BotW; you don’t.

There, that was complicated.

>talking about reviewers again when noone else is

Sorry guys, but Skyrim is objectively good. Critics can NEVER be wrong. The only ones who complain about journos are people like ACfag who feel th eneed to be contrarian.

BotW won GOTY 2017, what's your point fagtron?

false

Nice opinion bro. Shame your argument is falling apart. Did Halflife 2 have a a better overworld of intricately connected systems of environment, climate and weather and unparallelled player agency and freedom of exploration? Is this where you have to stack up tons of games altogether to compete with BotW?

Noone but you is talking aobut critics as having any importance.

>>than opening your webbank and transfering the amount to her landlord's account

Wait, you live in such a shithole that your place is owned by a single person?

If these same people like BOTW, how can they be wrong? They clearly have good taste and know what a good game is. It's time to let go and stop being contrarian, Doug.

>I got to Hateno village and see a guy with the little red exclamation and talk to him, says something about some girl he likes and getting her a gift
>he asks me to go nearby and ask her what she likes, she tells me a random thing and says she wants 100 bugs
>I go back and tell him and he asks me to collect 10 of them, I already had the 10 and so the quest was done and I got my reward.
Now answer me this what was the fun part of this?

It’s a weird concept for you isn’t it? Running into people who don’t share your opinion.

I also don’t think you know the difference between objective and subjective when it comes down to it.

>Did Halflife 2 have a a better overworld of intricately connected systems of environment, climate and weather and unparallelled player agency and freedom of exploration?

Yeah. I can use vague buzzwords too, if i was a cunt.

broken clock etc.

you get a kick of dopamine that you would have had to smoke a bowl to otherwise get?

do you even know what a gamer is?

To be fair, not all of the sidequests in BotW involve "collecting X of Y". I thought that was the case too but then I played more of them yesterday and found that they're actually quite varied, if a bit short.

Why should we care what you find/don’t find fun?

I only care what *i* find fun.

>broken clock
Exactly. So they have to be right sometime, which is why Skyrim is good. They realized how great it is.

If by that you mean do I live in a country where one bank can make a transfer to another bank if you have the account number, then yes, that is the kind of country I live in.

I think it’s “ok”. Didn’t engage me anywhere near what BotW did.

>get me x of y
>take a picture of x
>go kill these bokoblins that will respawn at the end of the week anyway
>do a trivial challenge
What else?

no, they were wrong on that case

I don't care whether they are wrong or right.

Doug, what did I tell you before? The world doesn't revolve around you. Now, please, get that psychiatric help that I recommended. I'm genuinely concerned for you.

We pay rent via websites, not direct accounts. Her landlord is some company, not a guy in flipflops who lives in the same building.

Not even autism. You’re just bad at Cred Forums.

coming across it at all and the fun little dialogue that comes with it? And having a bunch of these to give a second objective to all the collecting

Despite all the shitposting I still feel that BotW's world felt very lacking and that it indeed needed more signs of life. I think making the game post-apocalyptic was a pretty bad idea. And my main problem is that the regions just do not feel differentiated enough. Atmospherically they all have pretty much the same mood.

Does ACfag also roleplay as a bitcoin buyer?

nice try acfag

>phone poster
As if I'm surprised.

Surprised at what? Zero tolerance for fuckups?

>Doug trying his hand at falseflagging
Please, I'm worried for your well being. It can't be healthy shitposting in Zelda threads like this.

I'm still confused though. What are you trying to imply? Companies have account numbers for wire transferrals of rent.

And how would she pay cash through a "website"?

You're not telling me that she then physically goes to HER bank, to deposite the money, and then goes home to make the transfer via website?

Imagine if there were Hyrule Castle like areas scattered throughout the underworld.

>get me x of y
>find and take snapshots of someone/something
>kill a camp of enemies
>kill a group of guardians
>complete a minigame
>cook a specific dish and figure out its ingredients
>use stealth for something
>solve a village mystery
>find lost NPCs
>follow a moving love letter through a river
>find a secret love pond
>find Kilton and unlock his monster guts shop
>search for a hidden black market shop in Gerudo town
>carry an ice block across a desert before it melts

There's a lot more to list but you get the gist. Plenty of different sidequests in the game.

My name is Doug because I don't care what critics say about Skyrim?

Just don't act like your opinion has any more weight. These critics are professionals who've spent decades writing for their respective editorials. They know what they're talking about.

sometimes

>further admitting to not actually playing the game

Rad.

>stop not liking things that I like as much as I do

It's been 12 months user. Let it go.

My opinion certainly has more weight. Both to me, and in arguments I'm having on Cred Forums.

I'm not going to defend some other person's opinion.

>I know more than several hundred well respected outlets filled with professional writers

Well, aren't we feeling high and mighty today?

I never made such a statement.

my main problem with BotW is a constant sense of deflation. some examples:

>come across a weird camp/cabin spot on a snowy mountain near the gerudo desert. see a journal, excited to investigate. oh, its just about another shrine
>see a cabin near hateno. investigate. its just a dude investigating...shrines
>see some conspicuous looking trees on a hill. i probably know what im going to find - a korok seed - but go to investigate anyway. and yep, its a korok
>go to the cool looking swirl on the map. its just a shrine challenge and nothing more to it
>come across those huge statues in gerudo desert. initially intrigured, wonder what their purpose is, the history of them. but its all just for a shrine. there is a quest to get the sand boots that involves a lost statue that is a bit more interesting though.
>see some ruins in/around faron. wonder if they might lead to something cool or have some details about them. find a clearing with some more ruin things. nothing to really investigate though, and if you climb them its just chests with arrows. no real quests associated with them or lore of any kind
>walk that stretch of islands leading to tingle island. just a shrine

This was my main experience of the game. I really feel like they could have done some much cooler things with this overworld. But instead its just...oh, thats it.

Cred Forums would crash and burn harder than Neogaf if that happened. Shitposters are always thinking about BotW.

This is legitimately a real issue.

Though I will ague that after the first 20 shrines, I came to expect this, and made sure to let the quest itself be the reward. Some of it is good fun.

botw is definitely a game about the journey rather than the destination/reward, for better and for worse. I still thoroughly enjoyed the game, but this is something they should address in the sequel, I'm not sure how they'd pull it off exactly, though.

That's where the difference in opinion usually comes in with people, I think. Some players are focused on what they'll get when they reach the end of a challenge/quest/puzzle, while other players are just happy to have interacted with those challenges/quests/puzzles.

I'm in the latter category personally. I enjoy the experience for the experience itself, not the end of the experience.

I'll just give my two cent

I'm close to 2/3rds done with the game (based on umber of shrines finished). So far I think it's a GREAT game, but it's as much a Zelda game as Hyrule Warriors is.
This isn't Zelda, it's The Elder Scrolls: Hyrule.

The complaints I have with the game have probably been echoed a thousand times before so I'll just go through them briefly:

No proper dungeons; the DB are a very disappointing replacement as I don't feel the open world nature of the game is an actual excuse for to have dungeons filed with weapon-wielding enemies and further powers for your Slate

Boring side quests. I have only had THREE side quests which felt worth the trouble, one of which got me the Zora boots

Low enemy variety for a game of this scale. There's no reason why the game couldn't have included more weak enemies like Deku Babas or enemies that can wield weapons like Darknuts and ReDeads. While there are "technically" quite a lot of enemies, Bokoblins, Lizafos, and Moblins make up 95% of your combat. There should have been region-specific enemies to make different areas fee more unique

Shrines, despite being the real main goal of the game, feel like they take you out of it. As thei all have the same design, they feel like separate from the overworld as opposed to an extension of it as, say, a cave or a crypt with puzzles inside of it world. Even small tweaks like making Shrines in the Zora area look like shells or shrines in the Goron areas look like odd rock formations would have helped the immersion

Weapon durability feels necessary. You're always LOADED with them, but spend too much time using your worse weapons because you don't ant to break your good ones

(1/2)

Which of those rewards more than a trash item or rupees? The lucha suit and the monster shop ones?

You never proved you exist.

The prevalent feeling in BotW is that the overworld quest team and the shrine puzzle designers sat in two seperate rooms during the whole production.
It's like how the writers and the character designers on FF XII seemed to have never even met.

In a future game, if they're still gonna do shrines the same way, which I don't expect they will, they could at least incorporate some of the character you know from the outside world, and have texture sets that fit the region.

>feels UNECESSARY

>You never proved you exist.
Well neither did you. And really, I'd rather like to believe you don't.

Damn, you played a lot of good games, what the fuck.

nah

We weren't even remotely talking about rewards though so I'm not sure why you're suddenly moving the goalpost.

If you didn't enjoy actually doing any of the activities in the sidequests, then I guess you probably wouldn't like any of them anyway.

>trash item or rupees?
You could claim literally any item to be trash.
>more than
Well, there's story. I made sure that shore nigger family got to eat.

you do shitloads of "different" things in every open world game and mmo.

So what?

>The prevalent feeling in BotW is that the overworld quest team and the shrine puzzle designers sat in two seperate rooms during the whole production.
they more than likely were, I suspect they had world designers choose appropriate locations for shrines and things, and a separate team handling the content within those shrines. As a result, it's rare that the puzzle in a shrine fits the region, and the shrines' visual design never changes.

For me the issue is that I was hoping that wasnt the end. Was hoping for instance, that ruins on Faron might lead to something cool, or might find something really interesting on tingle island,.

>the puzzle in a shrine fits the region
what does this even mean lmao

>So what?

So nothing more. That's exactly what you were asking about.

>You could claim literally any item to be trash.
something exhaustible. Like rupees or non-clothing items.

>Well, there's story. I made sure that shore nigger family got to eat.
Yeah i'm always amazed by the worldbuilding in this game. It's amazing how the entire world is fed by one small ranch and some small farms in hateno and literally nothing else. Where is the tabantha wheat grown?

>So what?

So you were originally arguing that they weren't varied and I proved you wrong, then you moved on to the subject of rewards because you're desperate. I don't know what else to tell you, really.

And again, even if BotW's sidequests had good rewards, what good would that do you if you hated doing them in the first place?

so botw is exactly as good as any ass creed game.

Except that black flag has fun ship combat.

nah

Sometimes they've managed to fit shrines to an area where the puzzle mechanics are somewhate contextual with what's happening outside.

It's not that common though.

You're not countering my points, but you're bringing up some irrelevant issues you seem to have with the world, so that's cool I guess?

I'm not saying you have to like it, you know.

>And again, even if BotW's sidequests had good rewards, what good would that do you if you hated doing them in the first place?

You wouldn't feel cheated for your time. I went through the entire quest to get hudson with that nigger and all i got for it was 3 diamonds and getting his faggot boss off my front lawn, the latter of which i actually valued.

The only other quests with loot i valued were the horse archery and horse race ones, but i ended up never using them because horseteleport was more useful than any other saddle.

and?

haha

>i win because i say i win
Oh okay.

>see thread thumbnail in catalog
>”this is an ACfag thread”
>open thread
>it’s an ACfag thread
It’s sad how easy it is to pick this guy out. The autism is undeniable

keep crying

And that's what someone asked about, it would seem.

>b--b-b-b-b-b-b-but whataboutism! how dare you use examples to prove my hyperbole
Things you can only say online.

I made no such statement.

Doug Harris AKA ACfag is gonna have a fun time at the psych ward for his three years of shenanigans.

>i win, hahahaa
>oh you think i didn't? guess again! ahhaahah

>talking shit about my husbando Bolson

You should go back to Tarrey Town and speak to Bolson. Just do it. I want to see your reaction.

Don't you mean derek smart? or am i in the wrong bogeymen thread?

Oh wait, it must have been a russian bot. of course. i'm so dumb.

He's a hoot and a holler though.

Check out the thrilling story in this thread about him helping his mom pay rent.

This. The game doesn't even work on my PS4. What a piece of fucking shit.

I saved before the wedding just in case. As long as i never talk to that faggot he'll stay off my lawn for the rest of time because i don't have any intention to replay the game. I already deleted it.

The fuck you on about, retard? I literally just joined the thread.

You know ACfag, your arguments might be much better thought out and reasoned if you didn’t autistically reply to every single (You) you receive

Nice try Doug.

I still have not made any of the claims you seems to pin on me.

>liberals chasing bogeymen
Will they ever tire of it?

funny man

And a polfag, not surprising

>accuses people of chasing boogeymen
>brings up liberals himself

class act

>You wouldn't feel cheated for your time

Yeah but what purpose would the reward serve if you don't even like playing the game?

However, despite all of these issues, I overall loved the game as a whole.
I have hardly ever played an adventure game or RPG which gave you THIS amount of freedom.
Once you realize you can climb anything and get the glider, nowhere feels out of reach. This is helped by the fact that Link's controls are fantastic.

I LOVE that the game doesn't use quest markers with exception of the main boss locations. If you get a quest, you have to read what the NPC said, then look on the map for the general area where your goal will probably be; the first side quest I got, the one with the treasure at the river's source is a great example of this.
Some of my favorite parts of the game were figuring out the meaning of Kass' songs, things like mentioning a treasure in the "dragon's mouth" and you noticing on your map that the river looks like a snake are satisfying.

Ihe best moments were always the Shrine Quests. Eventide Island where you have to survive of whatever you can find and feel extremely vulnerable without armor, the Dark Ruins where you have to follow the toucan statues with a torch which builds up to a Hinox fight, or climbing the icy mountain while not knowing how much further you have to go while wishing with had prepared more spicy food and being assaulted by Lizalfos to then have to free an ice dragon from those Evil Eyes as your last minute of "warming effect" run out... the game gives the player the chance to make great stories through it's open nature.

The progression also feels very natural. Despite having no leveling up system, each piece of armor you get makes you more prepared for different situations; finding pieces of the climbing set were EXTREMELY satisfying, as was tackling enemy camps with the Sheikah outfit. You master the combat controls to the point that you go from running from Guardians and Lynels to actively hunting them.

Lastly, that this is more of a nostalgia thing, but exploring often felt like replaying Shadow of the Colossus

You're a cool dude for actually writing about what you like.

Cheers.

>This isn't Zelda, it's The Elder Scrolls: Hyrule

Even though it predates Elder Scrolls, you could say the same about LoZ since it wasn't exactly a milestone for enemy variety, sidequests or dungeons.

At least you're not shitposting though so you're alright in my book.