mega.nz/#!bVUCTJzD!PmnPw4S7fWGyvTjw9S0-RQdk7rRp2BQNuXJqRkZCZvk
mega.nz/#!rFcj1SIJ!47JH9M4OrzmQKuaiJ6IqUgmgz_SVNtk4LIYNSa-D-_8
mega.nz/#!bYcEnbhC!rYnhvcJiRC46T6yExS0Y61JHZ-5N3WxFvfZMI8xbyhE
widescreenfix.townofsilenthill.com/SH2/
mega.nz/#!2JNkgJ7b!nfPf5cIs6I5K-sdAs7RcnHvGA2hAvIGdpQuIoBhF3iE
mega.nz/#!GVVGRLpD!SyklVbuLIkc38ZYji5QL3sWHKtHt9-Bto700My8pH7c
mega.nz/#!Us1XTaII!cglH0dZOaH5yQEm4cnEh3eyUz4bIf6rACQqcVzkb4Hc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It's my understanding Harry is embroiled in all things Silient Hill specifically because he and his late wife showed kindness and adopted some baby they found somewhere.

So if you believe being kind is a weakness, which I'm sure a lot do, he deserved it.

ive only played sh1-3 but this one definitely is the best, even if it does have shit graphics & controls.

The controls are the same as 2 ans 3

no they're not

It's the worst of the Team Silent games IMO. I still liked it a lot but it wasn't scary at all and the monster designs were lackluster. I liked the more obtuse puzzles though.

id agree the monster designs werent great. which one did you think was the most "scary" out of 1-3? just curious..

I get shit for it constantly but 2 was the scariest IMO. 3 was right up there too but 2 had a constant sense of tension and dread that topped what I felt from the others. People complain the enemies weren't threatening but I didn't find them threatening in any SH game so I found it a non-issue.

yea yo that bed monster that strangled you with its feet was super threatening

I've been a huge fan of SH since the original came out back in 99, and it is still my absolute favorite game of them all. I had my SH2 honeymoon period at one point in mid-00s, but I realized the magnificence of 1 soon after once again.

yes, they literally are. Did you even play them?

I cannot agree one bit with you.
SH2 was the mildest and easiest game of them all, with 1 and 3 totally BTFO of it when it comes to horror and terror.

I also don't understand this modern "scariness = monsters" mentality; its the killer atmosphere and especially the Akira's audio world that has always frightened me the most in SH titles.

play 4

>Silent Hill thread
time for them SH PC Guides + DL links :

SH1 NTSC DDL:
mega.nz/#!bVUCTJzD!PmnPw4S7fWGyvTjw9S0-RQdk7rRp2BQNuXJqRkZCZvk

SH2 DDL:
mega.nz/#!rFcj1SIJ!47JH9M4OrzmQKuaiJ6IqUgmgz_SVNtk4LIYNSa-D-_8

SH2 torrent:
mega.nz/#!bYcEnbhC!rYnhvcJiRC46T6yExS0Y61JHZ-5N3WxFvfZMI8xbyhE

SH2 PC fixes site:
widescreenfix.townofsilenthill.com/SH2/

SH3 DDL:
mega.nz/#!2JNkgJ7b!nfPf5cIs6I5K-sdAs7RcnHvGA2hAvIGdpQuIoBhF3iE

SH3 torrent:
mega.nz/#!GVVGRLpD!SyklVbuLIkc38ZYji5QL3sWHKtHt9-Bto700My8pH7c

SH4 DDL:
mega.nz/#!Us1XTaII!cglH0dZOaH5yQEm4cnEh3eyUz4bIf6rACQqcVzkb4Hc

Mount the ISOs of 2 & 3, and then run their installers like always.
The SH1 is a PS1 rip that you gotta emulate.

Follow the SH2 widescreen fix site's instructions to the teeth, and you should be fine.
For 3 & 4, check the Guide.

If you experience issues saving the game / not being able to edit the disp.ini, make sure the files aren't set to "Read Only", and run the game as Administrator.
If SH2 gets stuck in a black screen upon launch, close it and re-start it again.
If SH3 runs like shit even on a strong PC, check and lower the Rendering Resolution setting.

SH2-4 do not support Xinput & PS4 gamepads natively. Either use Xpadder, a DirectInput pad, or just play with KB+M.
There's OK emu-settings for SH1 in the guide. If the image of the game does NOT fill your entire screen in fullscreen mode, check your plugin AND GPU control panel's image scaling settings!
Try the PGXP emulator for a lot less wobbly PS1 graphics.

>Protips
-Play in the release order.
-Never play below Normal difficulty.
-Replaying them all is recommended.
-Turn down the ingame Brightness setting,
-Don't try to kill everything that moves, especially outdoors.
-Turning OFF the flashlight can really help.

>yes, they literally are. Did you even play them?
1 has tank controls, 2&3 have options to change 3d controls to 2d

>shit graphics & controls.
such naive way of seeing things...
The visual directing is top notch. The game looks magnificent for a console game running on hardware released in 1994. The noisy, low-res and dark graphics only enhance the creepy uncanny vibes of the game.

And finally, the tank controls were never bad, and SH has arguably the most perfected variant of them. And like said, it controls exactly like its two "prettier" sequels, so there.

>2&3 have options to change 3d controls to 2d
And who the fuck seriously would do that?

should I go?

wait...

so the term "tank controls" comes from how a tank moves? mind=blown

I hope the next silent hill will use fox engine.
Would a remake of SH2 on the fox engine work?

I wonder how many SH fags here are actually happy that Kojimbo/Del Taco didn't get to rape the corpse once more?

I smile everytime seeing people upset about this.

I'm not happy, but i was a little afraid that they fucked up.
i was more "neutral" about this.

...did it seriously take you some assumed 20 years to figure that out?

>I hope the next silent hill will use fox engine.
I sure hope it does NOT.
For starters, it would mean that Jewnami would have the reigns over the project, and we all know that they're the ones that killed the IP originally. Twice, actually.

>Would a remake of SH2 on the fox engine work?
That's the same as asking "would UT4 remake of HL2 work??". Yeah, it could, but why bother?

Kojibro was the series last ray of hope.
Now, it's dead for good.

it probably would have been better than anything tom hulett would do.

ps1 graphics have not aged well man, little or nothing to do with art direction, its because of the technology itself. and i changed the controls, those controls do not hold up well, hence why we no longer use them. they gave the option for a reason.

I think that Kojima's Silent Hill would not have been Silent Hill. It would have been his own horror game with the Silent Hill name slapped on it to increase sales. And it would have been glorious.

>ps1 graphics have not aged well man, little or nothing to do with art direction, its because of the technology itself.
False claim. That just means you are a pure graphics whore, who indeed does not understand style and directing.

>and i changed the controls, those controls do not hold up well
same thing here. Only purely mentally challenged individuals would be able to "enjoy" the game and animations-breaking, miles CLUNKIER 2D controls in these games. I have no idea what the hell was Capcom smoking when they made that shit available AND the default controls in REmake HD release.