I just got persona 1 and 2. never played a persona game. what should i expect Cred Forums?

I just got persona 1 and 2. never played a persona game. what should i expect Cred Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!HJEXHJqC!ky5Ra5W8n5zJr12JMDWWHuH1w0zFpwnbZvCCTymzMAI
youtube.com/watch?v=cBKiReQ4tW0
youtube.com/watch?v=uRpJaY4z1MU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Expect a lot of grinding and balls-busting difficulty, especially if you're used to modern, handholding and all-tutoring games.

I'd suggested starting with P3:FES or P5.

Dont listen to him

I hope you aren't playing the version in your pic
It only has half the game

>P1
>difficult

Play the PSP version of persona 1, ideally with this patch to restore the original music. The original western release is an abomination.
mega.nz/#!HJEXHJqC!ky5Ra5W8n5zJr12JMDWWHuH1w0zFpwnbZvCCTymzMAI

well fuck me. is it the same with P2?

i'll look into that.

outdated and boring games

This, they were pretty bad even when they launched

P1 is easy as shit, what are you even talking about? It's honestly so easy it's boring.

Well 2 is actually two games, Innocent Sin and Eternal Punishment
On PS1 we only got the second one. Its perfectly fine except they carried over some dumb Americanized names from Revelations for continuity's sake.
Innocent Sin has an English patch for the PS1 ver
And then later we only got the first one for the PSP releases. No patch for EP here yet.
I'd say your fine playing any versions

Play the PSP version of P1, fanpatch optional. Original English release is infamously butchered.

P2 is a duology. Part 1 can either be played on a PSX emulator with English patch or on PSP. Part 2 was only ever released on PSX (in English, at least).

Both games are very dated and not very fun to play anymore imo. I personally still like P2's characters, though.

Have you ever played an Shin Megami Tensei game? The Persona series is a spinoff of the main series and more casual, making the difficulty comparable with more mainstream JRPGs.

Thanks user.

Never played it the Shin Mega Tensei games (didn't even know they were related desu) i mostly wanted to get into the persona games because i saw the hype for P5 and wanted to check out the series.

expect SMT-lite in all that entails

>i saw the hype for P5 and wanted to check out the series.
most of the hype originates from post-P2 games. The series didn't really hit hard here in the west before Persona 3 came out on PS2, and both of its newer sequels have been based on its foundations.

Since the games don't really have anything to do with each other, you could just jump straight to P5. It's the most approachable, and arguably most polished title in the series.

The best Persona game.

Not OP, but I just finished SMT I and II as my first SMT games, does that prepare me pretty well for the difficulty level of P1?

P1 is piss easy in both versions, you'll be fine. Pandora may trip you up and Snow Queen can be a bollocks depending on how you go about it but most skip that storyline anyway despite saying you should play with the butchered PSP soundtrack for it.

>PS1 Persona 1
JESUS CHRIST, user. Just play the PSP with PS1 music patch, though it doesn't restore all tracks thanks to Meguro fuck face

That patch is atrocious user, it doesn't even loop properly. If he really wants the original music, he'll suck it up and play on PS1. Name changes and different portraits are a small price to pay. Don't give me that shit about Snow Queen, you and I both know nobody actually plays it.

Western hype for the series didn't begin until P3, where the games became split into half JRPG dungeon crawler and half school life simulation. If you're interested in P5 it's fine to just jump in because P1/P2 are really different and the stories aren't related.

they also increased the EXP gain rate and lowered the encounter rate because they thought the game would be too difficult for baka gaijin

1 is a completelly mediocre jrpg, and 2 is even worse, one (well P2 is actually 2 games) of the worst games I have the disgrace to play.
Go enjoy open Xcom, toee, Wizarfry 8 or DivOS 1&2 instead.

Well, that's what P3fags and their grandmothers bitch about in the game nowadays so they clearly had the right idea

LET'S GO!
OH YEAH
youtube.com/watch?v=cBKiReQ4tW0

I haven't touched the ps1 version in a while, i wonder how bad it aged ?

Best character theme
youtube.com/watch?v=uRpJaY4z1MU

P1 threads are always the comfiest, why is that?