youtube.com/watch?v=GeSUvoY2oUk
youtube.com/watch?v=0f_hewSrAH4
youtube.com/watch?v=l2AwUAr-jPo
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Remedy_Entertainment#Games_developed
youtube.com/watch?v=rCwn1NTK-50
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

quantum break was a bit of a snoozefest desu

isn't that crowbcat?

Quantum Break was a farcry from Max Payne/Alan Wake.

Max Payne 2 was the last good remedy game. Microsoft partnership was a mistake. 2006 E3 Alan Wake never ever.

Hasn't done anything worthwile since Max Payne 2. That was 15 years ago.

say that to my face fucker not online and see what happens

Did he even exist before Max Payne?

by no means is alan wake fun

Are exploding barrels supposed to be impressive?

New Alan Wake when?

YOU BETTER NOT, JACK

if i want to fuck around in destructive environments there are other, more established games that offer that. time control was a weak implemented meme. sorry user, i am not impressed.

>that uttlery brain dead AI just keeps shooting and reloading in the open while player is crouching behind cover

Impressive.

no, the timestop effect, dummie

literally every fucking game.

Someday.
It's a rock and a hard place thing. The fanbase would adore it, but it wouldn't sell enough to make money.

>literally every fucking game.
haha no, even Max Payne 1 the enmeies will try to find cover before reloading, and they also will move and shoot instead of standing in place like while you play the "pop-a-mole" minigame.

okay. literally every game that came out in the last 10 years

>tfw i liked Alan Wake and American Nightmare
despite being a bit mild, Alan Wake was pleasant for me.

youtube.com/watch?v=GeSUvoY2oUk

soundtrack was chill

Where's Alan wake 2 you hack fraud

It can be if you just try to run like a bitch everywhere and dodge things

I love the guy they got to play Mr Scratch in the real life cut scenes or trailers. He looks great.

I'm with you there. Too many people went into it with totally unreal expectations, or not understanding what kind of game it was.

Microsoft said "no".

The poet and the muse is great even outside of the game

Isn't that just the same guy after whom the Alan Wake character was modeled in the first place?

I actually like that suomi pop rock band.

Yeah it is. But I just love his mr scratch character.

tfw you will never play nerdy glasses-wearing Alan Wake

Of course, his entire characterization in the final release is that he's an angry douche, so I can see why they got rid of the glasses.

Then put it on the switch or Sony, I just want more of it

I'm glad they got rid of this edgy fag, whoever he is.

I love Alan. He's such a shit.

But not taking these doggos past the concept art stage is a fucking travesty. Can you imagine if Alan Wake actually had more enemy types? Fighting wolves would be pretty fucking great. Instead, we only got possessed humans and possessed birds. Poltergeists hardly count as an enemy type.

they actually used the same actor and setting for this video of theirs

youtube.com/watch?v=0f_hewSrAH4
i
ts cool to see a band/dev cooperate like this, intertwining their works of media to create a more solid universe.

this, game is piss easy. just run away and dodge.

I still wish they had kept the idea of the cabin turning into a fucking bird. The game could have benefited from some more wacky shit like that, but I guess they wanted to be more serious about it. Some normie focus group probably told them it was gay.

Did you play Nightmare mode with the HUD turned off?

I disagree.

>Bright Falls, Rock'n'Roll capital of America

youtube.com/watch?v=l2AwUAr-jPo
this was one of my favorite moments

Reminder that their new "Cinematic TPS" is coming out in 2019, expect a new trailer at E3!

They better not fuck it up this time. I don't think they'll survive another failure.

>worry.jpg

>that flashbang toss at 1:25

It's a small publisher, 505 Games.
They're working on a Crossfire singleplayer campaign as well and they just started developing another game.

Are you too retarded to rename an image file?

kek, man even arced that shit

>Remedy free of Microsoft

Sweet. Now all they have to do is release a game that isn't completely broken on PC.

I really want to believe it's Alan Wake 2.

Quantum Break has 2x MSAA enabled and you can't turn it off, that's why it runs so poorly.

I hate having fun.

So was Alan Wake if we're being honest.

I like Sam Lake's writing, but man the gameplay of Remedy has been severely lacking post Max Payne 2. I really wish they'd get around to making a Max Payne 3 instead of all this new IP shit. :/

fuck you boomer

Where's my Alan Wake 2?
:-(

>see this thread
>look up Alan Wake on Twitch, just for shits
>one live stream currently
>three viewers including me and the streamer
>the streamer is actually commentating and narrating

I wonder if the other viewer watching is a friend. That seems likely.

But I see a lot of zero-viewer streamers on Twitch in general. I'm not sure how people are supposed to get viewers on Twitch in the first place, but there's something depressing about the idea of live-streaming high-quality video over the internet for no one.

When did this meme about Lake making "games" start? The only things he has been in control of are Alan Wake and Quantum Break, but these children probably think he has always been the owner of Remedy or something let alone the person responsible for MP1

Especially if they seem like genuinely good people and their streams manage to be enjoyable without a dude in the corner trying very hard to be funny.

That just made me feel sad now :^(

i do that as well at times. personally, i don't care if someone is watching or not. i just feel like at least i'll have something to show for the time i spent on a game. besides, you never know when you will run into a funny/weird/unique sittuation on a game. and streaming is a good way to be sure you save those times, since you can just create a clip from the stream later.

He did the story and screenplay for Max Payne. No one ever said he was anything more than a writer. It just so happens that many of Remedy's games are notable, in part, for their writing, as well as their gameplay.

>you can just create a clip from the stream later.

I've had a twitch account for less than a day. Does it save live streams automatically? Or do you have to record them?

the streams are automatically saved for like,two weeks, if i remember correctly. and you can just save clips afterwards, that stay saved forever.

I never denied that, I know exactly who he is and Remedy was probably the first studio I knew of as a kid due to the founder being related to one of my fathers friends. Most people here think that Sam Lake is some finnish Kojima that "made" all the max payne games

>there will never be an alan wake game with these gwafix

why live

Wait what. WHAT? Is it his game? I thought MP1 and MP2 are the only games by Sam Lake and Remedy ent

That shirt collar is so absurdly oversized and to make it even worse that bow tie clearly is ready made

Death rally, Alan Wake, Alan Wake's american nightmare, some mobile shit, Quantum break...

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Remedy_Entertainment#Games_developed

Didn't know about that even though I like Max Payne. That's some news, haven't played any of these games anyway

>Crossfire 2
Wasn't Crossfire that shitty online FPS nobody played?

Yeah, that one.

Really wish Remedy would become relevant again. Anyone know if they are in trouble? They keep signing deals with shitty fuckers like Microsoft. Stop doing exclusivity games and go back to being a real game studio.

When I see the title, I just think of this:

youtube.com/watch?v=rCwn1NTK-50

IT'S PAYNE

As far as publishers go, you can do much worse than M$.

>No Alan Wake Sequel
>No Quantum Break Sequel
>No Max Payne Sequel

I love all of his game's, but god damn he needs to make games quicker.

Good, I hope they don't make sequels and keep making new IPs. Even if you disregard Max Payne 3, Max's story is over. They even gave him a proper ending in AW.

Listen to me you little fucker, listen to me very fucking well:

I can accept the fact that they sold the Max Payne's IP to Rockstars
I can accept the fact that Alan Wake was an half baked product, born as open world and bumped down to a linear game

BUT
I CAN'T
FUCKING
ACCEPT
THAT SHIT
THAT WAS
QUANTUM BREAK

QUANTUM BREAK IS PURE, listen me VERY FUCKING WELL NOW, FUCKING, HUMONGOUS HORSE SHIT!

>Microsoft pushed Remedy to make an half TV series to boost the TV/Market strategy of the Xbox One launch
>Last year Remedy declined a partnership renewal with Microsoft "because of reasons"

THANKS GOD, THIS SHIT IS OVER.

Now go back to make good games Remdy, pls.

I feel like they could have made a prequel, just a pure mystery story with a normal max blowing skulls with his bullet time.

I liked Quantum Break, the television show was shoehorned in, but it added some nice depth, especially for one of the last boos fights.

all shit games, please kill yourself

You should be ashamed of your awful taste

Why even come to this thread if you don't like Sam Lake then?

disgruntled sonibrony spotted.

Only good games are Max Payne 1-2
Too bad they sold the IP to Rockstar and create shitty stuff like Alan Wake and Quantum Break ¯\_(ツ)_/¯