Decide to try out this game

>decide to try out this game
>"THE VILLAGE IS ABOUT TO BE DESTROYED!"
>wander around till the plot progresses
>obvious chosen one stance
>combat is literally press button to win with frazzle dazzle magic like most turn based RPGs
>characters are incredibly boring
>dialog takes ages to get through because of stupid animated emotes and shit in between
>dialog itself always gets hung up on the most random shit
>another UR DUH CHOSEN ONE! story from the looks of it
>get bored and quit within 20 minutes

Why did people like this game again? Is it because they're stroking themselves off on nostalgia?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/uhL0QCFX78E
youtube.com/watch?v=uXx0IWcNw_s
youtube.com/watch?v=KyIOgjniohA
youtube.com/watch?v=wb_zLitqH1o
youtube.com/watch?v=6o8vujydGpo
youtube.com/watch?v=1mcGep11o-g
youtube.com/watch?v=fOU9GFABVew
youtube.com/watch?v=9VimBAc-lfA
youtube.com/watch?v=9VwT8qhVFLQ
youtube.com/watch?v=lm3whmHT0v8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>i dislike game i only played for 20 minutes! Why do people like this game?

>you're the chosen one
>get btfo
I'll never not love this

>shitting on golden sun
oh user, if only you knew

Yeah it's mostly nostalgia. For most kids growing up with Nintendo in that generation their first JRPG was either this or the GBC Dragon Warrior III

Since when was Golden Sun a "chosen one" story?

djinn system is nice

second game is an upgrade to the first in every way

no reason to replay any besides the second one

The start of Lost Age is boring and wording.

GBC Dragon Warrior III was great, and it wasn't even my first JRPG. Golden Sun was complete trash.

you quit in the tutorial, you have no place to talk about the game. that's like complaining about oot because kokiri forest sucks

people liked gs because it had a cool summoning system, solid rpg controls, combat that you could zoom through, good puzzles, and good music/atmosphere. also mia and jenna were cute

Nostalgia and a unique class system that doesn't mean shit because they game is so piss easy that not only can any composition work, but you can win just by spamming Djinn. Also graphics unique for the time.

Carryover data.

solid rpg progression, not controls

>I-IT'S JUST THE BEGINNING BRO!
If a game can't make a good first impression then it probably isn't good at all.

>renaming RPG characters
disgusting

You're not missing anything. The majority of the game's 'puzzles' are mazes, block moving, and awful inventory management.

It was a decent original and lengthy RPG for the GBA. For a lot of people it was among their first non-Pokemon RPGs ever played (myself included).

The graphics, music, and dungeon puzzles are what I liked most about it, and its expansive class system.

Also, I do like the story and characters. It's a very comfy game.

Isaac is sort of the chosen one, but he’s definitely not the hero. Felix is.

>chosen one
>GS
(lol

Ya except Kokiri Forest was actually good and lured you into the world of Zelda. Golden Sun just has another "LOOK ITS A BORING FOREST WITH BATS AND RATS TO FIGHT! THIS IS UNIQUE!"

>W-WHY ARNT I BOXING GODS IN THE FIRST 20 SECONDS AND UNLEASHING 500 HIT COMBOS WITH MY SCANTILY CLAD WAIFU WHAT A SHIT GAME

taris sucked
kokiri forest sucked
the first part of mass effect sucked
vault 101 sucked
goodsprings sucked and so did a lot of the parts leading up to new vegas unless you took the shortcut route
oblivion's beginning REALLY sucked
i'm sure i could come up with more if i thought about it, that's just off the top of my head

it's almost like they make the beginning of games dumbed down so people can acclimate themselves to the controls and game world

>Ya except Kokiri Forest was actually good and lured you into the world of Zelda
kokiri forest sucked ass and you're delusional if you think otherwise

>expansive class system
It was the wildest shit having the ability to basically change classes in the middle of combat. I kind of regret the fact that 12 year old me was boring as hell and just gave everyone the same element of djinn

You know I'd honestly prefer that. At least that sounds fun compared to wondering around generic-village for the first 20+ minutes.

except all of those beginning actually gave you an image of what is to come and what to expect unlike Golden Shit which just has you wonder some mountain, with the only real interesting part being the magic which is simply renamed to seem TOTALLY UNIQUE AND CREATIVE

The only exception in your list is Oblivion but Oblivion is a snore-fest throughout the entire game so it's a given.

This
Issac might be important, but he isn't really the chosen one at all. If anything, it'd have to go to Felix

It may have been boring but it gets the job done. The game itself doesn’t challenge you to change classes to win anything because of the fire and earth djinn that basically nullify incoming damage. Plus you can summon rush almost any boss into oblivion.

Some of the other classes do have some interesting traits, it’s just a shame weapons are tied to characters and not classes.

welcome to the new nu-Cred Forums meme, golden sun was bad because it wasn't on sony consoles.
It would be amazing to see Golden Sun 4 on PS4 just to watch them backpedal on it.
Also, FF fags are still made about nintendo making a better jrpg than FF ever was.

I like the story of Golden Sun 1 & 2 but don’t be a fag, user

lmao what are you even on about
in terms of location, how does kokiri forest give you a sense of what the rest of the game is gonna be like any more than vale does? it's a fucking forest. vault 101 is completely different from the rest of most of fo3 too. the rest of kotor is also different from taris because the rest of kotor is actually fun.
in terms of plot, the start of golden sun sets up things that will be important for the rest of the game and its sequel: the origins of psynergy, the elemental stones and the lighthouses, the fact that psynergy is more or less a closely guarded secret that most people don't know about, and a bunch of the main and supporting characters and the antagonists. the other games i listed do that too.
in both respects the starts of all these games are roughly the same. you can't just bullshit up excuses without any justification

didn't the 'chosen one'/role given to Isaac by the Wise One turn out to be a bad thing as revealed in 2?

kind of
it's more that the quest the wise one gave him would eventually doom the world if he actually succeeded.
which makes the nonstandard game over you get for refusing the quest to begin with not really make sense, but i'm not sure they had planned that far ahead when they wrote that
it's not like the wise one was completely wrong, though; psynergy is proven to be extremely dangerous like he said and the one antagonist both games have in common is specifically trying to light the lighthouses for his own selfish reasons, which would probably have a bad outcome on the rest of the world.

Fuck this gay ass thread, post music.
youtu.be/uhL0QCFX78E

>golden sun was released 17 years ago
Where did the time go?

Golden Sun is pretty mediocre i kind of agree on that, Isaacfags are one of the most delusional faggots out there

I ragequitteng wind waker because there was barely any gameplay for the first 4 hours, except that awful stealth section. Ragequitting after 20 minutes is retarded, but sometimes it's a valid complaint if a game takes 10 hours to start and provides nothing enjoyable in return.

Because is the best generic JRPG, if you must play one, play Golden Sun 1&2 (they are actually one game cut in half, also 2 is better).

tolbi-bound ship/karagol sea music is my fav soundtrack
the stuff that plays in the elemental stars chamber is a nice track too
i also really like the theme that plays in that forest with tret in it before you actually get to him

kotor 1 takes ten hours, golden sun's intro takes like an hour if you're slow

youtube.com/watch?v=uXx0IWcNw_s

favorite track rather

oh shit yeah that's a good one too

Was just listening to this.
One of the world map songs was really good too.

So is the third game worth playing Cred Forums? I got it at launch and played it for like a week and just wasn't feeling it, I really wish it had the 2-d graphics still.

Are they ever planning to make a 4th one? did dark dawn sell well?

Ya, you could remove 90% of the dialogue in the game without losing anything. Its really bad.

felix's world map theme is fucking awesome.

Yeah I remember more now. It was either 'let the world decay without psynergy' or 'risk destroying the world with psynergy because people' which became even more of a possibility with Alex.
The Wise One was an asshole at times too like turning your missing parents into dragons to be killed as a test to see if you're ready to handle consequences of reviving psynergy or some shit but at least he dealt with Alex at the end

There is no third game

Camelot is never going to make a 4th
Dark Dawn is only worth a play through if you really need more and don't want to replay the first 2. It's story goes absolutely nowhere and ends on a cliffhanger.

i haven't played dark dawn past the first hour or so (i was actually thinking of redownloading it to give it a complete playthrough), but i seem to remember hearing alex ends up being one of the main antagonists of that, too
it's a shame that from what i hear it wasn't as good of a game

He does and it's not even done very well. They pull the whole mask thing again like with Felix.

It got a lot of hate, some of it deserved but not all of it. It's still worth playing, but don't go into it with expectations of the grand return of Golden Sun after so many years. The graphics are incredible though.
A fourth is highly unlikely since most people hate on the game as I said before and it was released very late into the DS' life cycle so I don't think it did very well.

I think Camelot said they'd make another if people showed interest in it. But from what I heard dark dawn didn't sell that well and the series has never been a big hit seller to begin with.

It's a decent RPG but nothing special. Lost Age really blew my mind at the time though due to the overworld.

>combat is literally press button to win
Name fifty-seven (LVII) games that aren't like that.

>did dark dawn sell well

But you are not the chosen one at all in this one.

GS was okay albeit easy. Its a great baby's first rpg series.

>which makes the nonstandard game over you get for refusing the quest to begin with not really make sense
Not really. If they hadn't left they wouldn't have eventually joined forces with the other team and helped them light the final lighthouses, so they probably never would have been able to light them all. But either way from that point it was still very likely that the world could have been doomed from both scenarios.

Any anons that want to replay this game, don't forget to ply the statue after you get Mia in the water dungeon.

fuck that takes me back
mama please take me back i don't like this

most JRPGs are shit, literally only good when you were a kid

what's hard mode like in the lost age? I was always too much of a pussy to try it. Also do you guys know about that easter egg where if you just say "No" to kraden on pretty much every conversation he flips the fuck out when you reach Lemuira? it's pretty funny.

Enemies hit harder and have more HP, its only really "harder" if you refuse to use summons.

Which statue? What happens? Or are you talking about the one you HAVE to use ply on to advance through the dungeon?

On that note, I went back to Vale and tried casting ply on Isaac's mom when she was sick, didn't do anything. Is it possible to cure her?

I just wanted to see timeskip Felix. Was that too much to ask for Camelot?

Golden Sun fails at story and dialog, but succeeds at gameplay.
The abilities make for great puzzle solving and dungeons.
The combat is traditional JRPG style but it's fucking fast. It's combat is even faster than the suikoden games.
The music is also fantastic and memorable.
The visuals are detailed and the battle graphics add a certain intensity to fighting.

The one you have to do it on to enter the dungeon.

12 year old me got stuck there and dropped the game for a month and then figured it out somehow. Friend of mine told me the exact same story.

>Karagol Sea
mah nigga
it plays only for a short segment but it was a pretty good one, moreso if you somehow screw up and end up in the secret island

youtube.com/watch?v=KyIOgjniohA

i loved that you could go to that island early and get like 80% through it, was such a cool easter egg
and then you can go back and finish it in the second desert
that whole island was fucking great and some people never even knew about it

>Jumping off a tower that is the height of Barad-Dur to save a girl you met 30 minutes ago.
I can't tell if this is a chad move or a virgin move.

I'd jump off Venus Lighthouse for Sheba
She's a cutie

It's honestly not as bad as a lot of people make it out to be, the only real problems are that it's even easier than 1 and 2 (when they're already pretty easy) and that there's way too many points of no return.
Also it didn't sell well and it ended on a cliffhanger and that was all the way back in the DS era so chances of a sequel aren't looking good

Chad Felix/Virgin Isaac edit when?

This is why I love this game. The music is just 10/10 for the GBA.

I love Golden Sun but I haven't played it in almost a decade, so I'm scared to replay it in case I don't like it

I'd do it for Mia. Sheba was a slut, just look at all the makeup she wore.

seems virgin to me, a chad would have thrown her off himself

Oh yeah. I feel ya, I got stuck in Venus Lighthouse for the LONGEST time because I didn't realize I needed to cast Reveal on a wall.

jenna and mia 2qt

didn't Issac get laid and is in a polygamous relationship with his best friends?

No, you can't cure Isaac's mother in GS1. It's meant to be a little bit of side drama so that when you return at the end of TLA they have to hold out revealing that she didn't die.

idk, i didn't play dark dawn

Why, he's the only reason the other Lighthouses get lit anyway.

This

Name me ONE jrpg that does not have destroyed/almost destroyed villages.
That's literally how rpgs work
No, Isaac has to go because he's responsible for the explosion. He's not even that important if you played TLA
>combat is literally press button to win with frazzle dazzle magic like most turn based RPGs
Again, like you said, standard rpg fare
>dialog takes ages to get through because of stupid animated emotes and shit in between
Now these are real flaws and no one will argue you on these, but conversations and cutscenes were never GS' strengths
Conversations do drag on but they are seldom "the most random shit"
Chosen because Isaac causes the explosion, not because of some ancient prophecy. That's actually reasonable.
I don't think you actually like jrpgs that much.

>risking your own life for a woman
chad wouldn't do this, chad would pump and dump

>be normal kid
>golden sun was one of the few games i had on GBA
>practically fall in love with mia
>now an irredeemable weeb
Anyone else follow this path? Was this the game that started it all?

Hypocrite, what are you doing right now? Stroking yourself off on your ego

Then who is the father of Mia's child?

That was FF7 for me.

supposedly someone from her village. or alex

no, pic related got me first, but i'm with you on mia, i was all over her when the game came out

Me.

Kill yourself ADD underage.

Wasn't Alex her cousin of some nature?

BoF and Katt did it to me. No regrets.

Since when has that ever stopped nips?

Wait what the fuck, thats exactly what i did too. I think I missed the first Ply that happens in Imil village, and got lost from there.

Now that's some good art.

she did nothing wrong

Golden Sun got me into Fanfiction. I still don't know if I regret it.

>Draw a girl
>Make her a Jupiter adept
>Call it a boy
A shame we never get to see a city full of wind adepts. I'm pretty sure it was fuccboy and IMAGINE central.

golden sun got me into fanfiction too but my interest in it faded after like a month

Nah, Alex is Amiti's father.

I got into back in 08. I still read it regularly.

ivan doesn't look like a girl, you're just gay

Jupiter adept right here seething.
How many Venus and Mars adepts have fucked you in the ass as of today?

>Draw a girl
Trapfags must be given vision tests. They're going blind.

Nah, Golden Sun was pretty cool. It was dense on dialogue but you could explore, the puzzles were neat, and the graphics were pretty great for their time. I don't think I'll ever forget that awesome Geode Djinn animation. It's a shame Dark Dawn stumbled so hard because it had a few cool ideas like giving each Djinni its own unique design. I'd love to see the series come back to life on Switch.

i don't need mind read to tell me you're projecting your love for penis onto the best element

they were distant enough where it wouldn't cause any biological disfunctions if a child was produced. its weird yes but its possible.

Jenna best girl

oh?

Mercury adepts can teleport and you can mind read people.
I'm impressed.

Karst was best girl.
The Mars lighthouse revived her fuck you

At least the Felix thing was somewhat surprising because you never saw his character portrait until then. Alex wearing a mask was just sad.

>Cant distinguish between a game that is not in their taste and a bad game

idk, i wasn't that old when the game came out and i'm pretty sure i knew from the moment i saw it that the masked guy was felix
i think you saw his character sprite or something without it before even if you didn't see his portrait

>obtain Mind Read
>proceed to mind read every single NPC
>that one npc that wishes people were trees so that there would be no wars

It had a lot of basic charm and polish for trying some novel ideas and trying to graphically/systematically advance the genre. I remember finding the graphics mind-blowing for portable at the time.

That having been said, yes, it's not particularly great.

Star Magician on hard is a piece of shit whose fight can literally go on forever.

I mean it doesn't outright tell you, but it hints at it so heavily that it's practically confirmed. Plus it's not like there's many other options. They were likely saving the reveal for the sequel.
I liked it. It's not like the new team would know who he was, but it's obvious that we would. They did it like that on purpose and because of that, not to try and stop you from realising it's him.

>mind read people when they were trees
>some of them enjoyed it

ofc he can't distinguish that when he only played for 20 minutes
i don't know if he even reached sol sanctum in that amount of time

Goddamnit Cred Forums, now I have to replay it again. I hope you're happy.

>dialog takes ages to get through

sounds to me like you mostly don't like RPGs (JRPGs, to be exact), OP, not so much pic related's game

I want to protect Mia

Kill everything except for the thunder balls.

I ran the numbers and it checks out. There wouldn't be any Hapsburg shit going on there.

Felix/Mia is a top-tier ship and you cannot convince me otherwise.

Isaac had the Golden Sun's power on his pocket the entire time.

true. its just been a long while since ive played

>dialog takes ages to get through
See, this usually turns me off most JRPGs, but I never got particularly bored with Golden Suns. Maybe it's because it never invades the dungeons; there's always a clear distinction between exploring/fighitng and the plot times.

Your nostalgia will carry you if all else fails.

>Felix/Mia
Do they ever even talk to each other?

Nope

which parts of 1 and 2 are nonlinear other than the obvious ocean stuff?
i know you can do all of mercury lighthouse before going to kolima
and in 2 you can get piers after doing madra and skip air rock and that wolf village, though doing so doesn't save you any time since you need to go back to get reveal anyway

basically this, OP

it definitely holds up. TLA is definitely a solid JRPG, and I just got done replaying it again a couple weeks ago

>that unique rope-throwing animation that is only used if you gave Piers the Lash Pebble when he leaves the party

People bitch about it but it goes a really long way in building up the world and characters as real people and highlighting their relationships. It felt much more like a group of genuine friends that are going on an adventure because of it.

>that tunnel with the rock when you don't get the force psynergy
lol'd when i found that out

Kill yourself you baiting shitter.

Needing an item to execute the field psynergies was the most retarded idea ever, specially on a game with limited inventory.

that's what make it relatable, plus there's your group of deviants/rivals which is what we all dreamed we had on elementary school... it kinda helps you fulfill that dream, that's why it feels so good

My biggest complaint about Golden Sun is that it just doesn't have much of the party interacting between each other.
Second biggest is that the battle system doesn't really open that many paths for strategies.

I replay the first two games every year.

There are a few skippable dungeons in 1, like the one where you get force, and you can go to crossbone isle early if you mess up the rowing placement.
There isn't really anything for TLA asides from getting Piers early since you get the boat pretty early anyways.

Literally all intros you mentioned are intros to shit games. The exception is New Vegas: if you think New Vegas' intro was bad, you are a fucking moron.

If you played it back in 2001 when you were 15 like the rest of us it would've blown your mind.

>Talk to Isaac's party in the arena lobby
>They're all cunts
Why Isaac, why?

you know what else besides goldun sun was overrated shlock?
Radiant Historia

I recall the game as being terribly short and terribly wordy, but I liked the style and the psy powers you would use in the world.
I never got around to playing the other games.

And Strange Journey, and P2.

After looking back on this game with nostalgic lens off, I think what made this series stand out so much was because it was the only quality JRPG on the GBA at the time. If it was released on any other console, it would probably just be treated as a slightly-above average JRPG.

But god damn, compared to its peers it was fucking amazing. The scope, the world, the music, the art-style were breath-taking for its time and for the device it was one. Considering that its main competitor was Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire, this game just felt way more expansive in scope, story, and atmosphere.

The sequel is just pure joy.

Still my favorite battle theme of all time
youtube.com/watch?v=wb_zLitqH1o

Best taste. Also this music:
youtube.com/watch?v=6o8vujydGpo

>When they introduced this song in brawl

youtube.com/watch?v=1mcGep11o-g

>Oblivion
>bad
kek

My ex, who never really was a gamer, said she loved this game, mainly because of the architecture. What a weird reason to love a game.

I kind of agree, the lighthouse designs are so grandiose and otherworldly, they added so much personality to the game

Fuck off millennial why don't you go play final fantasy 15 or 13 you cum guzzling faggot. Or how about the disgusting remake of secret of shit? Don't you have shitty video games to play?

Piss off.

>407276164
Where did the Gameboy advance game touch you user? Or are you the user who stopped playing after 20 minutes?

Because the Djinn System is interesting and because the graphics were amazing for its time.

The only thing I remember sucking about it was how despite the Djinn system determining what class you were(and thus stats) which encouraged stratetgic use of Djinn to exhaust, most adept abilities were basically the same exact shit with different animation, at least from what I could tell.

Granted, when you mucked around with djinn combos you could say, make Felix a Samurai which came with some unique buffs and utility you couldn't get with other classes. I'm pretty sure the difference between shit like Mad Blast, Clusterbomb and every other fire move with a different animation had the SAME EXACT damage calculation as all the rest.

It also felt like 90% of the status moves didn't do anything. I remember several mecury djinn classes having psylock but that never stopped enemies from using magic, for example.

Trying to find the OST that was posted in a golden sun thread a year or so ago, does anyone have it by any chance? I cannot find the folder anywhere.

What position was Jenna in when Issac came inside her?

>There's a special battle theme for Link Battles
>The only other time this theme plays is when you're running from the boulder and it's only for like 5 seconds
youtube.com/watch?v=fOU9GFABVew
Man what the fuck

Doggystyle gives the deepest penetration and strongest orgasms

Just like that because she's a pure waifu who loves bdsm

What are your opinions on this furry?

i would fuck it

Millenials most likely played Golden Sun when they were growing up (between ages 12-16)

t. Matthew

FUCKING MILLENIAL FAGS GET OFF MY BOARD REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

Isaac has the best party

Please stop criticizing my sacred cow. I have nothing to my personality outside of the games I played when I was 8 so I take any insult of them very very personally

>furry
She's like 15% at most. Also cute and hilariously broken.

k

>implying Isaac isn't ultra gay with Garet and that he just seminated Jenna to have a child

canonically they are in a polyamorous relationship and she birth two sons

i would gladly marry her.

I'm not a Millenial, I'm 21. I don't remember 9/11 nor a time when my household didn't have internet access or cell phones

>he didn’t see her true form

Lul

>Asking Cred Forums's opinion on a furry
What answers are you really expecting to this

9/11 was a inside job.

Where did you think the "hilariously broken" came from? That's also not her true form, more like just a different powered up mode or transformation.

Yeah, but my point is that I don't remember when the kikes fucked my country over for good.

i see.

The best part of Dark Dawn, the only good part about Dark Dawn

Needs infinitely more fanart

man, has Cred Forums really fallen this far, to devolve into fake shitposting about disliking a game by hyperboling all it's issues? is a ninja themed restaurant bad not because of it's execution, but because you don't like ninjas? is an axe bad not because of poor craftmanship, but because you don't like axes?

I dunno, she definitely seems more than 15% when she goes full awoo

We've changed the subject in this thread and are now devolving, as all threads on this fucking board do, into a furry jerkoff

I actually liked DD, besides of course the points of no return. I'm still sad that it didn't do well,since that means we'll probably never get closure to the story.

>Yeah it's mostly nostalgia
Except OP only played the first 20 minutes and claims the whole game must be shit and even claims it's "dah chosen one" shit when it's not the case at all.

You forgot Peragus/Telos

well i played it in 7th grade. it will forever be good. eat my hairy ass op

Yeah but that's not her default form. She's basically not even Felicia level. That game really did look great for a DS title though.

Taris was unironically great, you're a fag

>that guy that only posts after the thread starts to autosage

>not even close to autosage limit
Wut?

》》407264070

She was a literally who in the game for was in. Did anyone even bother using her? Why was DD so forgettable

>Except OP only played the first 20 minutes and claims the whole game must be shit
To be completely fair, 20 minutes is more than enough time to determine that Golden Sun is garbage.

>t. never played golden sun for longer than 20 minutes

I beat the first Golden Sun game when it came out. After the first hour of the game I instantly knew it was going to be fucking trash, and it never got better.

It's nowhere near the great JRPG that it's made out to be by nostalgiafags, but to call it garbage is definitely going too far

nigger what's your favorite game, because if the first 20 minutes don't suck my dick it's fucking dogshit and you should kill yourself

Favorite JRPG? Lufia 2. Favorite game of all time? It's a 3-way tie of SMB3, MM2, and the original LoZ.

Least it's genuine dislike on your part as opposed to hating it because of it being a JRPG.

>I beat the whole game and I knew from the first twenty minutes it was going to be ass
bihh what

Pretty much. This was during a time where I couldn't just go to wal-mart and buy a new game like I can today. The biggest draw for me was the music and the pseudo-3d world. I never owned anything other than Gameboy's. Wouldn't touch it now, but I listen to the OST from time to time.

lufia 2 is shit it takes more than 20 minutes to do anything and then it doesn't so it's shit

You can't seriously think that 30 minute long text dump in that cave near the beginning of the game is good, what with all of those emotes over the characters' heads and the camera panning. The whole game is like that. Short segments of gameplay interrupted by long segments of text.

Even a fucking trash JRPG like Secret of the Stars isn't as bad as that.

>Should we build upon what we set up in the first two games?
>Nah, let's just make something different.
Dark Dawn in a nutshell.

You're exaggerating.

>I'm not a Millenial, I'm 21
that means you're a fucking millennial retard

A comment on her character and how late she joins

If by thirty minutes you mean something close to forty five seconds. Gameplay interrupted by exposition has happened in every game ever made.

You forgot the part where they keep retreading old ground whenever they possibly can despite not really doing much with it. The tutorial being a recreation of their adventure was cute, and the picture books looked cool, but they were too heavy handed with it in so many places for no reason and yet a lot of the new stuff felt very forced in. What really doesn't make sense is that the actually important stuff they could have built on is mainly left by the wayside, like Eoleo joining really late and having next to no presence as well. If I remember right, despite being from the same village Himi isn't even the daughter of the guy who swore that his child would join up and aid Isaac's kid. I still enjoyed the game and think people go way too hard on it but it had it's share of flaws.

Great visuals and a fine Sakuraba score, the combat works and the class system is neat, but basic attack super moves eventually overshadow half of your other options and only the endless arena mode and second game's super bosses of give much reason to get any mileage out of them. The game is spewing with cool ideas that Camelot largely wastes in a story that was clearly written scene-by-scene and padded with the aforementioned lack of editing. It could have been more, but Camelot was basically hired to make a really pretty RPG to headline the GBA and that's what we got.

Man, the idea of magical telekinesis actually explored would be so cool. All of these hints, like Proxans turning into Dragons and seemingly being kept alive despite living in the literal arctic purely by being within spitting distance of the fire magic capital of the world (fanon for why they're all blue and fire adepts). Or that we have most of the world knowing nothing about psynergy while a bunch of remote and coastal cultures have had it for generations.

Wrote all of that having played them more recently, so you're good.

Pic related.

"What do you need my age for?"

"Well, we didn't know you were what you were and we wanted to pay respect?"

"Bullcrap! You just want to start making old man jokes!"

Some of the legitimately flattest characters I've ever had the pleasure of running around with. They all have some easy narrative hook assigned to them and aside from Piers none of them do much with it. That goes for just about everyone bar Kraden, the unexpected gem.

"Millenial" has an actual definition: it's not just 'people younger than me that have opinions i dislike'. I'd probably be more accurately placed as Generation Z ("probably" since generations are rather vague in their definitions). I doubt you could name a single generational marker that nails me as a Millenial, rather than Gen Z.

>That goes for just about everyone bar Kraden, the unexpected gem.
kraden was unironically my favorite character, the man's a fuckin legend

You think he's just to be Professor Oak, for an (Millennial) easy parallel: some exposition and you're done. But no, he's perceptive, he's funny, actually tries to make sense of the plot even when some things really don't add up- very pleasant surprise.

>awful inventory management.
literally what

It's the story and overworld and psynergy items, mostly, but I too rarely had problems. 60 (was it 60?) is a lot of item slots.

He's a great character. Funny with a lot of quips and observations. I kind of saw him as an audience surrogate in place of a silent protagonist.

The combat is fucking perfection you mongoloid, the perfect blend of normal attacks, summons, cool-downs magic, and cycling through it all as needed for the most amount of variety I've ever experienced in a turned-based RPG, all coupled with legendary music and visuals, compare it to something like Dragon Quest which is literally just "attack, and don't use magic spells cause you got to save those for the final fight, use potions instead of heals to save MP, I mean it's its own kind of dungeon mangement in those games that I can kind of understand the appeal, but compared to just being able to go balls to the wall in every fight, even with normal attacks being exciting when you use a weapon that has a chance of using unleash attacks, like mother fucking MEGGIDO, it's just doesn't compare.

Its a wasted opportunity. There was so much that could have been done with Djinn's and class swapping. But, it ends up devolving into summon spam. The speed of combat also wears out its welcome over time; at least Dragon Quest is snappy.

PepeHands

>doesn't press start
>doesn't load a game
Nice try

agatio was best boy

People need to stop making these kinds of things.

he's barely 14 dude

Is there a comfier area in the series?

Air's Rock

>decide to try out this game
Good!
Yep
Yep

Obviously you didn't progress more than 15 minutes into the game.
Opinions are like assholes, and yours needs a wiping, shit-pants.
It helps if you know how to read, which apparently you don't. Heard that same complaint from hillbillies who returned Final Fantasy VII because it had too many words, too.
Example?
Kinda-sorta-not really-no
I was right.

So what you're saying Western games can't do beginnings right.

>c2017
>never pushes Start
Fake

I hate it when games end on a cliffhanger and the story is never resolved.

not true, was also used for the table dice, iirc

Felix is more of a trap then he is.

Way too many games have a shit beginning full of tutorials and cutscenes.

Forgot I had this. Yeah, Chosen One by circumstance, not birth or prophecy.

You want me to explain the chart

shut the fuck up

What? You don't like an endless cave full of staircases after a long cliff face climb?
The music is legit fantastic tho

Favorite Area and theme in GS?
My vote would go to Garoh.
youtube.com/watch?v=9VimBAc-lfA

I fucking loved the atmosphere, and I really want to know more about its people and maybe have one of its members joining us and transforming in battle a la BoF 3 Rei.

>GS 3 get a Werewolfgirl
>Think it's finally the Garoh character I ever wanted
>lolnope she has absolutely nothing to go with it
>Mfw

I unironically shipped Felix and Karst when I was about 9. I hope he pushed her pale, scaly magma-pussy in during the timeskip. I can even imagine an /ss/ scenario where she fucks him while he's growing up

Lemuria

That ain't the chart I was going by, though you could say in some ways she's dangerously cheesy.

Huh someone knows this game. My steam username is the final boss from this

>>risking your own life for a woman
>Implying Chad would ever be at risk of losing his life
I will agree its not a Chad move though. Chad would just run down the side of the tower instead of falling.

chad would fuck her on the way down and then kick off the wall at the last second to safety, letting her safely fall to her demise

I think my favourite Kraden moment is when you get to Garou and he starts getting excited over finding werewolves.

garoh inspired me to make a golden sun oc

>dark adepts
>didn't use any dark psynergy

For what purpose

dark dawn was a shitton of wasted potential

More werewolves.

Does no one like the edgelord and succubus duo?

i made a fuckin werewolf oc

That's good! Better than I would have expected! I haven't played Dark Dawn but I think doing more with beast-people was a good choice.

On paper a lot of the game sounds like actually doing things with the GBA games ideas, but I would believe it doesn't go very far with them. (Freak psynergy vortexes as a magical aftershock sounded so cool, too).

>tfw no atalanta gf

thanks senpai
i figured it'd be fun to make an oc from garoh with the idea that after the golden sun is awakened at the end of 2, he does the whole air's rock thing, then he sets off to let the world know that werewolves do in fact exist by going from town to town and doing good deeds
my friend and i tried to design him not to be too furry and went more for a look that mimics modern thundercats

The summons from Dark Dawn were so fucking cool.
youtube.com/watch?v=9VwT8qhVFLQ

Ya lost age had the bigger is better problem but it's still a good game

I barely remember them.

This will make someone's day I'm sure.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I definitely see the modern ThunderCats angle. Its a good balance.

Aqua Rock
youtube.com/watch?v=lm3whmHT0v8

>area
tolbi
>theme
Venus lighthouse

>the start is boring
Welcome to every RPG
Golden Sun TLA will always be a great game