Assassin's Creed: Origins

I know Cred Forums hates the Assassin's Creed series, but can we talk about this game?

I just finished it and the first DLC. I thought it was pretty fun. I haven't played Unity or the London one because they seemed to follow the old formula quite closely, which I think started to get boring after so many games. This one I played on Nightmare with the cursed weapons that reduce max health by 66% but add damage, it made the game challenging and realistic enough.

Pros:
>huge beautiful well made world
>set in a very nice historical time with Caesar and Cleopatra
>controls feel much better
>combat revamped for the better, holy fuck I actually enjoyed the combat this time around
>weapon types are very varied and shields bring something new to the table
>fuckton of stuff to do
>side quests aren't mostly boring
>I actually liked the protagonist

Cons:
>character models that weren't main characters were shit
>some main characters that died I did not care a shit about even though the story said I should care
>open world, traveling can be tiresome but the game gives you tools to do it quickly enough
>your wife leaves you at the end

What did you guys think?

Cleopatra's voice made my peepee hard

Assassin's Creed was never good, that's for sure. Not sure about this one though.

Only the first 3 were good. This one does a lot of things differently, so I enjoyed it. Definitely worth a pirate.

By making the whole world so big, they lost the good city design with indepth buildings and assassinations some previous games had. Not a single building is at the same level as some of the main assassination buildings in Unity or Syndicate. Alexandria and Cyrene are shallow husks of a city. Not a single assassination in Origins is good.

I agree with this. The cities and buildings were quite bland and lifeless. The assassinations all were to assassinate a guy that just wanders around an enemy base, and most of the time you can't even assassinate them in one hit and it turns into a bland boss fight.

I wish the combat would've been a bit more realistic. Meaning less flashy lines when you swing your weapon, no rapid fire bows, no loaded up attacks.

this.
Cleaopatra > Helen of Troy

This. Going from Black Flag to this was such a fucking disappointment. Nothing about it feels like AC anymore.

Imagine waking up to her perfect voice every morning.

I just finished it too, fitgirl special too OP?
It was alright, I do agree the open world felt a little padded at times. Also I HATED the boat section and the combat got too easy even on hard difficulty.

Fitgirl deluxe edition repack, yeah. The boat sequences felt kind of bland without proper cannons and I was disappointed there was no boarding action. Combat was way too easy on Nightmare, but cursed weapons made it somewhat harder still. It was very good for a game I didn't pay for.

I didn't like Black Flag at all desu. The story and characters were dull, but I'll admit having your own pirate ship to control was pretty cool.

I also hated that the rage dart was pretty much your only lethal stealth ranged attack, and the Assassin order in the Carribean was a bunch of tibesmen.

I don't agree with that. Moving around enemy zones is definitely like AC. You whistle, sit in bushes.
I don't like Black Flag either. Some of the worst cities and assassinations in the franchise. Most overrated sailing/boat gameplay too. Sailing is fine, but the combat boiling down to shooting arcs left or right is just boring shit. No tactical aiming, slowly filling up with water and needing to unload water.

I miss the early AC games where the buildings were tall as fuck and fun to climb. AC:O had some of that vibe in it, but Black Flag had none. Buildings in Black Flag were random shacks, stick houses and sheds.

Buildings were never tall as fuck, the only two games in the franchise with to-scale buildings are Unity and Syndicate. Syndicate was so ridiculous they had to add a grappling hook.

I think what is missing from ACO is very few missions stay and revolving entirely around cities. Most missions have the target in some villa or base outside of cities. Your never stalking people from rooftops, but in my opinion losing all the trailing/following missions was a good thing. I don't want to follow someone, who I will kill in like 2 more missions, for 5 minutes while he dumps exposition because the game fails at making an engaging story otherwise

Huh, I remember them being huge and being disappointed in AC3 when everything was max 2 stories high. Guess I just have my nostalgia glasses on.

Rooftop stalking would've been much better than villas.

The pyramids were pretty cool, running around with just a torch is quite atmospheric. They're supposed to be based on the real life interiors I think.

>>controls feel much better
Stopped reading there.
Not being able to jump backwards off of a ledge or wall automatically makes the controls worse.

I didn't really miss that. Climbing is much faster and fluid, so is running.

I missed it in the first hour of the game
>Clearing temple with lots of pillars early on
>Can't climb to the top of the tallest pillar due to how they're shaped
>Want to jump backwards onto a lower pillar so I can air assassinate one of the guards underneath it
>Can't
Fuck outta here with that dumb shit, removing genuinely useful movement abilities that can serve a purpose from a gameplay perspective is the definition of devolution.

Would I like this game if I'm not a stealthfag? Basically I'm the type of player who would backstab the archers then jump in the pit to fight the normal enemies and bosses. Is the game alright for that playstyle?

It's nice simply hanging around and taking in the views it really does look gorgous. Perfect 420blaze it.

It's like Witcher 3 but with shit writing

I was thinking about getting this game but I think it's a shame it doesn't have co op.