Sorry but there's no such thing as "challenge" when you have unlimited continues...

Sorry but there's no such thing as "challenge" when you have unlimited continues. Any idiot can pass a level when given enough tries but it takes a truly skilled gamer to master the mechanics enough to do it on the first or second try.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=o8ElSWAV1ss
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

ok

okay

_______okay______

o
k
a
y

Mkoy

You can play any game an unlimited amount of times so no game is challenging.

wokay michel

KO

Alright.

ok

o k a y

That's not what the challenge comes from, but if you say so...

There have been numerous attempts to explain the emergence of this expression, which seems to have swept into popular use in the US during the mid-19th century. Most of them are pure speculation. It does not seem at all likely, from the linguistic and historical evidence, that it comes from the Scots expression och aye, the Greek ola kala ('it is good'), the Choctaw Indian oke or okeh ('it is so'), the French aux Cayes ('from Cayes', a port in Haiti with a reputation for good rum) or au quai ('to the quay', as supposedly used by French-speaking dockers), or the initials of a railway freight agent called Obediah Kelly who is said to have written them on documents he had checked.

and yet what you say doesnt matter at all
you ugly IRL autistic loser

Check it out, this games journalist took 8 hours to complete the tutorial and thought it was the entire game:

youtube.com/watch?v=o8ElSWAV1ss

Post a pic of yourself with your Steam nick and I'll buy you a game of £30 or less value I, as rated by Cred Forums, you aren't ugly.

I somewhat agree

Games used to have sections with proper obstacles to progress, requiring you to really learn to play good before you could proceed and some games had multiple of these. It made for a very rewarding experience. Nowadays it just seems like there is a slow ramp up of difficulty or the entire game is easy from start to finish. Where did the difficulty curve go so wrong?

It always bothered me that we don’t know where such a common word even came from

Would it be too much if you stopped using terrible screenshots?

Nobody beats contra on the first try, that contra player probably replays those levels just as many times, they just get punished by having to replay all of the preceeding levels whenever they run out of lives.

If anything the infinite retry method is the fairer test of skill as players won't be hugely punished by a surprise they weren't prepared for.

>may-ree-yo
Fucking stop, right now. THis faggot is doing it on purpos oh, it is a joke. Bravo- merely pretending. Still a cunt.

LET'S

GET

Developers discovered that if they made games easy, more people beat them. They also discovered that there are a fuck-ton of people out there who feel good when they beat a game, and have no interest in investing time in developing any skill to do so.

It's all about the dollar.

What game restricts your continues in the way you're describing? Older, difficult games, even if they had limited or no continues, would allow you to start over from the beginning on a game over. What you're proposing is something like the game not allowing you to try more than once, or to get one game over and that's it, you cannot play the game again.

Even fucking arcades let you keep playing and trying again provided you had the money to do so.

Sorry, but there's no such thing as "challenging" math problems when you have unlimited tries. Any idiot can figure out a problem when given enough tries, but it takes a truly skilled mathematician to do it on the first or second try.

Sorry but there's no such thing as "spicy" when you have unlimited milk. Any idiot can eat a chili pepper when given enough milk but it takes a truly skilled eater to master the mechanics enough to eat one on its own

So you’re complaining about a continue/save feature that literally 99% of games have?

>What game restricts your continues in the way you're describing? Older, difficult games, even if they had limited or no continues, would allow you to start over from the beginning on a game over.
But that's what I'm referring to. I'm against games that let you retry a level an infinite amount of times as opposed to having a lives system.

>implying this is wrong
I've never taken a college-level math test where you get to take it again with the exact same questions if you get the wrong answers.

I don't recall any video games that are literally impossible to play again after you lose.

>takes a truly skilled gamer to master the mechanics enough to do it on the first or second try

Post footage of yourself doing so.

The challenge isn't in beating the game, it's in getting S and P ranks on all levels.

solve this. it's easy!

There's no difference though. You still have an infinite amount of tries at the level, you'll just have to get back to it after a game over, which you will do easier each time with practice, until you are practiced enough at your problem level to advance.

I understand being in favor of lives and game overs instead of infinite tries since it makes deaths actually punishing, but even with a life system you still get as many tries as you want at the level, not "one or two".

DANGEROUS

Get to the 1% and then tell me it's easy. Bravo Zulu is still fucking me though, FUCK that challenge.