youtube.com/watch?v=11TN2kEMSvo
youtube.com/watch?v=RQMCAdMadMY
youtube.com/watch?v=CgceaBagvHc
youtube.com/watch?v=RQ0xkSpWdCQ
youtube.com/watch?v=MD6e6awjBlU
youtube.com/watch?v=b_6Ku8HwGCg
twitter.com/Croteam/status/962401660185317377
youtube.com/watch?v=lPSwycuUQEU
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=889896163&searchtext=custom weapon
youtube.com/watch?v=e91q5BtlxK0
twitter.com/devolverdigital/status/963812310081880064
mobygames.com/game-group/3d-engine-serious-engine
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I thought he was screaming "MORE!!" as in "keep throwing enemies at me cause I can take them no problem"

This, was he really saying “war?” It really sounds like MORE.

DOUBLE THE GUN
DOUBLE THE FUN

The music tracks are called War. So, no. It's War.

youtube.com/watch?v=opoeqiQbAHE
best music track coming through

Serious Sam 4 when? Does Croteam still exist?

WHATTARE YA SCREAMING FOR? The pain hasn't even started yet.

Last I heard is SS2 is getting a remake instead of an HD edition. Something to keep all the HD versions consistent with each other.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

>SS2 remake
thanks for making my day

HUH
WHAT IS IT GOOD FOR

HOPPING MOON BUTT

youtube.com/watch?v=6j5EEfDA8bE
I dare you to resist the urge to up your volume to the max.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA shut up.

WHAT IS IT GOOD FOR?

Put a sock in it

Move aside, best level coming through.

where is it bros

I thought Serious Sam 3 was a solid time, it's the only part of the Serious series I have engaged with so far

Which of the older games should I play?
Are they much different?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

TFE and TSE are both must-plays

COME JOIN
THE WAR PARTY!

>Oh yeah, shake, baby, shake. But I ain't gonna Quake.
Also that jingle bells mob rush earlier

fuck I forgot the date, and now it's already passed me by.

How many rockets would it take to kill Mental?

Croteam are bloody great at giving their community the support they want for their games, but bloody hell they have no focus whatsoever
>alright, we finished talos. now what?
>VR EVERYTHING WE HAVE
>UNIFY ALL SAM GAMES
>MASSIVE MODDING SUPPORT
>NEW ENGINES
>TALOS 2
>DEDICATED DAVID 4
then they go ahead and do everything at once like the madmen they are

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA yourself

I feel like a headless man, running towards a goal I can't percieve only to be destroyed and ripped apart into a million pieces, impotant to change my way or halt myself for I have no hands...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

BIG GUTS
RIP AND AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

>all this kamikazeposting
>not a single mention of kleers
I’ll take a billion kamikazes on before I can confidently handle more than 15 kleers at once in close quarters

Does anyone have a decent youtube link for this song? I wanted to hear it again so I looked it up and every single fucking video sounds really tinny with no bass.

I agree they are fairly unfocused, but by god, you gotta admire them.
>coming up with ideas to mix things up with the new SS game
>hey, this is fun, lets just make a new game out of this!
>going from lighthearted fps games to a puzzle game with much more serious content/themes
>they do it, and even to my surprise, it turns out fucking great
they definitely have a lot of passion, I love it.

>still no Serious Sam 4

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

oh shit, I've always missed this one.
that's from TSE?

COME OUT TO PLAAAYYYYYY

Yep. Scared the shit out of me the first time.
youtube.com/watch?v=11TN2kEMSvo

CLOPCLOPCLOPCLOPCLOPCLOPCLOPCLOPCLOPCLOP
woosh woosh
CLOPCLOPCLOPCLOPCLOPCLOPCLOPCLOPCLOP
woosh woosh

desu I really don't think that CLOPCLOPCLOPCLOPCLOPCLOPCLOPCLOPCLOP

>tfw no Ork WAAAAGH

Kleers are easy as long as you have enough room to move your body freely

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I've got something for you you little shit

Talos came out of nowhere and had no right whatsoever to be as great as it was
>recommended talos by steam
>>well this seems nice who developed it?
>croteam
>mfw I have no face
hell, I’m impressed they went into philosophical territory without trying to seem 2deep4u, just throwing ideas out there for you to think about if you feel like it. making it all 100% optional and disconnected from the main puzzles was also a great call. those stars felt so bloody good to find

>the way that the coach gun would kill them with one shot but only if they were close
>the way that you could dodge their charge but only barely

the first couple of games were so perfect

SS has some funny, crazy secrets.

Yeah my grandpa told me about some of those wacky SS secrets

the instant you miss a full shot with the double barrel shotgun and let the kleer move around for a second charge is when you hit the point of no return. that opening lets another kleer get closer while you kill the first one, then another one, and another one, and the boners never stop

>when you get in The Zone and dodge a massive horde perfectly every time while killing constantly

My favorite one is the Great Pyramid movie set in the Tower of Babel

based grampa

>play on serious
>have to get good enought that “the zone” is your new default skill level
TFE and TSE will make you a man

KLEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
COME OUT TO PLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Should I play First Encounter HD or that Classics Revolution thing?

A full re-imagining in the style of Serious Sam HD, but as I've been told that's still far off on the horizon after Serious Sam 4, but they ported all their stuff and made Serious Sam Fusion laying the foundation for that SS2 reboot.

I had nearly the same thing happen, and I almost didn't buy because I doubted that they would make a decent puzzle game. was my GOTY that year.
lol I caught that one as well. awesome level with awesome music btw.

Buy TFE HD and you’ll get access to Serious Sam Fusion which is a “hub game” of sorts where all the SS games are and get updated regularly

wait, is there a new sincere samuel coming out?

They're both worth playing with their own quirks.
The environments in SS revolutions/classic has more texture variety, and the indoor maps look crisper in some ways that I like, refraction is better imo, and one major mechanic the classic versions have is directional gravity, which the HD remakes lack.

Mental Manuel 4 is on the works, yes

So revolutions/classics have a few better looking effects, and a neat gimmick lost in the remakes because of engine code (they had to rebuild part of TSE because of it), and more creative textures, but the HD versions are definitive.

Angry Alexander

Talos Principle was basically derived from prototypes they had in Serious Sam 4. Already confirmed.

What is Serious Sam 4 gonna be about laser puzzles and if the aliens should be able to apply for citizenship

Oh whoops I posted the wrong one, I meant to post this: youtube.com/watch?v=RQMCAdMadMY

They were brainstorming better stage missions for sam besides “GO HERE PRESS BUTTON OR GET KEY” and as they created puzzles they realized how fun solving them was. bam, talos

Wasn't Sam 4 supposed to be even more of a prequel? what a confusing mess

AAAAAAA yourself

Dunes was such a fantastic level.
Never again will I feel the joys it brought me the first time.

Either they follow SS2 and go into space shenanigans or stay on earth and fool around with sam’s “backstory” as an excuse to visit more ancient architecture

>having to deal with kleers indoors

Funny thing is Serious Sam 2 had some variety in that regard. The vehicle gimmick was stale by that point but it was a different style of writing and progression to the prequels yet everyone says they hated it when really they just hated the shitty console gimped level design.

youtube.com/watch?v=CgceaBagvHc
take 15 min out and watch this. it's pretty interesting.

Is it any coincidence Talos and SOMA go so well together?

I still don't know how I beat the TFE on Serious.
It's some fucking crazy shit, I know I fucked up a lot, but all I remember are the moments where I fucking destroyed everything. Shit feels so fucking good that you can't possibly forget it.

That was when Sam VR came out of Early Access

Why won't you retards understand this

Thanks user, I was watching Youtube videos anyways because I'm slacking off and don't want to deal with shit I'm supposed to be dealing with

Never forget

youtube.com/watch?v=RQ0xkSpWdCQ

my nigga. as soon as I get my PC back around july I'm going back to TSE nd finishing it on serious as well. wish me luck

What was his name again Cred Forums?

Puke Shootem

Furious Fred

Serious sam

Stoic Stan

SOMA is so incredibly shallow though, it was insulting.
not saying TTP has deep philosophical themes, but it does more than just scratch the surface a your intro PHIL class.
I tried SOMA for a number of reasons and it fell flat on every single one of them.
>bad exploration game
>bland level design
>bad horror game
>bad execution of story/themes
>bad puzzle design
frictional just keeps making worse games the more they go on. I wish they would go back to penumbra designs. fell in love with them then, and I've slowly started hating their more recent games.

真面目マーカス

Raging Richard

Well Machine of Shit was made by someone else so it's Penumbra and Amnesia which I remember fondly and then Soma which is kinda different and you hated it but other people thought it was good apparently so they aren't completely lost, right?
They could still go and make a good game now I don't feel like this is a Bioware situation

classic

that fucking frog arena
jesus christ, fuck me.

Halo Sparta

>mfw Serious Sam TFE and TSE in VR

My only regret is that I can't play through it blind. Otherwise, these are the greatest VR experiences available.

>Serious Sam will never have a good modding community

I think one of their mistakes was abandoning their combat mechanics so early on instead of refining them when they haven't nailed down good stealth design.

That's all they can do outside of making a straight walking sim to try to tell a story or deliver some message, and while it was clunky, I feel like they could have expanded and refined the motion based input on those interactions. If you're gonna do stealth, give the AI depth and don't string together a bunch of tiny arenas in linear.
If you're gonna tell a story, hopefully it's interesting and hopefully the levels and environment are more so. Throw some gimmicks in; try to invent something or mix mechanics in ways people haven't.
Else reintroduce combat.

>frog arena with 16 people firing minigun at once
BBBBBBBBBBBBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

>serious sam is the one game that does VR right
>everything else is shitty shooting galleries with teleport movement

You NEED to play First and Second Encounter (HD's). 2 was weird garbage and the rest is not worth it, spinoff stuff. 1st/2nd Encounters are some of the best games of all time though

Superhot VR is really good. Unfortunately most people get motion sickness from VR when they're new to it. Superhot works pretty well with the no movement limitation.

Just know that directional gravity is really neat and it was something they had to ditch for Serious Sam HD.

>so they aren't completely lost, right?
I will still play what they'll put out, I'm just getting much more wary about their games. my time play SOMA was ~20% having fun and 80% being disappointed or bored.
and yeah I know aMoP outsourced, but Amnesia I still have some mixed feelings about. penumbra trilogy were the only ones I fully enjoyed, but man, I really did love them. 3rd was was a bit wonky though, I'll admit.

member when you burn that dude

youtube.com/watch?v=MD6e6awjBlU

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

>guys who's your favorite 2hu?
>video ends
made me laugh harder than it should

The original level of this was better because the floor was made of bouncepads.

I think you're thinking of TSE where you'd get tossed in a room with kleers, kamikazes, and all sorts of shit being launched through bouncepads at all times. this room has always been like that, even in classic tfe

Wrong game. Still has bouncepads in the HD version though.

bump

There's just not much you can do with the Serious Engine.

Are u all eastern europeans or has anyone played srs sam in the west

What do you think

Serious Sam is garbage.

t. Croat

Didn't realize that engine limitations prevented people from making fun maps.

I'm non slav yurop, it's 6AM here so you probably won't hear from anyone else in this region
Got slav relatives on my mother's side though so maybe I'm genetically programmed to like this shit, who can say

Maps are not mods

>16-player co-op
So why aren't we playing right now?

Tx here. love SS.

They're now focusing mainly on SS4, that's why the Fusion updates are getting slower and slower since the programmers of that team have been reallocated.
Also, the VR titles were done by a separate team that was only like 4-5 people out of by now 60.

youtube.com/watch?v=b_6Ku8HwGCg

Brazilian here. Sam is life

bump

does anyone still play serious saturdays anymore?

The original group is retired.

As long as they keep that fucking idiot Solais working on Fusion and away from SS4 I'm happy. That fucker is only good at buffing shotguns.

Last event I joined was the Serious Sam 2 event early this year mostly to record it and get my dose of suffering. From what I heard things haven't changed much, Luxor (and a couple other fights in TFE) and Persia still get skipped and the admins don't want to use Fusion because no sam towers or rocket jumping means they'll have to play the whole fucking game, though last time we tried BFE co-op it was pretty fucking bad.

>no sam towers or rocket jumping
Uh what the fuck? Are you for real? What is Croteam fucking doing?

git gud and play the game correctly

>can't climb the crate pyramid
>"correctly"
kys my man

Dunno. Rocket jumping works perfectly fine in single player but is disabled in co-op.

Guessing some Hungarian got his panties in a bunch after someone did rocket jumping or saw a sam tower to speedrun and didn't realize that kicking exists. or that sam towers aren't used just for speedrunning.

That furry faggot Tangelo/Scratch is behind this I'm sure. Why Croteam is letting that retard work for them is beyond me.

Hope they fix the serious difficulty setting in that game

What's wrong with it

Never understood the kleer hate
Just take out your double shotgun or minigun and run around while killing them

I think Scratch is just doing his own thing with Revolution, which is to say he's doing fuck-all.

They did hire Solais, a modder best known for his godawful custom enemies and the CIA torture scheme known as HD Extended. He did some good things with Fusion's BFE like the shotgun buff and giving enemies new attacks on hard+ (in case of the Khnum restricting their old attack to hard+). Not fond of some changes, like the first helicopter in the 4th level (the one you kill at the end is actually a completely different one) being invincible because muh temporal consistency.
His magnum opus was claiming that it would be impossible to make the witch bride be more like the one from that one Sam VR game, The Last Hope or whatever it was called. Then some Russian guy made a mod that does exactly that. It's a massive improvement.

>wasting precious minigun bullets

why are the only prominent members of the Serious Sam community such massive faggots

>Revolution's damn water glitch still isn't fixed after over a year

>HD Extended
Uhhh I just want to say that the boat level is literal AIDS.

Ss2 is the only game that buffs enemies health on serious
Thats just no fun man its why they did it the old way again in ss3

>It's a massive improvement.
It just turns the Witch Bride into another generic fireball-throwing damage sponge. I'm not saying WB was a good enemy, but at least it was unique. Plus you only encounter a few of them.

It doesn't buff enemies you just deal less damage.

Well it still sucks

That's an insult to AIDS.

Might be less unique but they're actually pretty fun to fight now. And you're actually fighting them instead of waiting five minutes for one to become vulnerable so that you can shoot it again.

>...aaaaaaAAAAAAAAaaaaaa...

A game like serious sam just shouldnt have enemies that make you wait in general
But as a boss i would like some more than just a giant bulletsponge so maybe they could take some of their design philosophy for their witches and use it on new boss fight designs

too many kleers for shotgun or too little bullets to minigun only.
they're really not that bad though.
divide the killing between rocket launcher, grenade launcher, minigun, and db shotgun always gets the job done while keeping you ready for future encounters.

I just like the feeling of a kleer jumping towards me and btfoing it with my double shotgun

fucking kek user.

kleers are the perfect enemy. this is objective fact.

>there are "people" who think Kleers are badly designed

Azn. Anyone who hasn't played and enjoyed serious sam is not human.

that is the weapon I keep out when I'm exploring/unsure of what's around the corner
makes me feel untouchable, so long as enemies are spaced out enough.
still think you get overwhelmed too easily using it against hordes though; at least on serious.

>there are people who cant handle onslaughts of 300+ kleer at a time.

It's been seven years since the last Serious Sam. Where's Serious Sam 4?

close, but you can entirely change the flow of a fight with just kleers, positioning, and timing. werebulls are too large and get in the way of each other quite a bit.

I heard it was going to be more of a reboot than a straight remake since they weren't, or no longer happy with the direction it went.

they shouldnt be.

>have heard people say that it's incredibly dull and boring because "you just stand still and hold down the fire button"
>ask how they're able to kill everything without getting run the fuck over
>mfw I find out they play on normal

You even have memers here going "muh s+m1" even though it's practically impossible to do that since half the fuckers can run faster than you

Canada here, Serious Sam 4 when?

Nofoolin'around Nathan

Werebulls stacking on top of each other then randomly catapulting into you, sending you flying over a wall were some of the most memorable moments in SS for me.

>fusion adds a new attack to them
>it's not any different from their normal one since Solais and friends are too incompetent to make it travel on the ground or on head-height so you'd have to duck under or jump over them

To be honest, even Devolver's marketing department did that.

twitter.com/Croteam/status/962401660185317377

Who cares

youtube.com/watch?v=lPSwycuUQEU
>mfw first time I saw Ugh-Zan appear and start breaking through entire fucking level on it's way to you

>knocks down 1 wall and chases you through an empty flat field
>"breaking through the entire level"

Serious Sam is so unbelievably retarded its perfect.

Well it felt a lot more amazing when I was a kid and played the level for the first time. That's why I put those words in - "for the first time".

Which part is retarded

That reminds me of when they first added BFE to Fusion with the extra attacks shit. The Kleers would lead the horizontal shot so well that a lot of people thought they were homing.

>dude lets just throw nine million dudes at you
>and they scream
>and then once they're all dead and you think its over heres 180000 more
>dude the secrets are BAD to get

It's like, made for people who know what to expect in a shooter and then subverting the expectation in such a fuck you way. It's so fucking stupid and I love it.

It's like one of the few franchises i've seen Cred Forums agree most on it being good

sounds brilliant.

WAR NEVER CHANGES.

There is a lot more to enemy placement and level design that just "throw dudes at you". SS3 is a good example of getting it wrong. Enemies in SS1 are like lego blocks that you can use to craft different challenges for the players, the way they designed enemies in SS3 pretty much made them devolve into "throw dudes at you" territory.

It's actually pretty flexible (some space sim once used it during development and people modded SSHD into a kart racer), the problem is that most people who mod for Sam are amateurs. Just look how many mods in the Steam Workshop are just model imports or survival maps.

Play Bogus detour

the final boss and the weapon balancing are honestly the only issues I have with it and I love how it sorta looks like the HD version of a DOS game.

what

What are some good mods for HD and BFE Fusion?

Vanilla

for BFE
classic Rocketeers
classic Kamikaze
laser weapons for clone troopers
C4 Serious Bomb skin
BFE Enhanced

>cheating

>Not modding SS

bump

Since most of the weapons in Fusion are resources, you'll want to get CWM

what

This
One of the most fun aspects is to just mod the shit out of it until you run around as some Vocaloid with a cannon, shooting pokeballs at Patrick from Spongebob at the north pole.

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=889896163&searchtext=custom weapon

youtube.com/watch?v=e91q5BtlxK0
has anyone encountered this?

Angry Arnold

Objesi se

h a n g y o u r s e l f

>install all mods in the workshop at the same time
>game still runs without crashing
Bethesda should learn from Croteam.

Irate Ian

I'd imagine it's hard to find a copy with the pirate DRM still in there since most people cut it out

wrathful walter

>mfw BFE Enhanced put it back in as an extra secret where it even wears a pirate hat

Not everyone can do Croteam black magic, especially not Bethesda.

Formal Ferdinand

The results were hilarious, though.
>opening screen in Polish
>main menu in English
>loading screen in I don't know what
>Netricsa in Russian

SS4 when?

Humorless Hugo

Grim Greg

Earnest Ernest

I really wish the guy who made BFE Enhanced didn't have such a massive boner for his anti-speedrun walls.

No, you can't jump down to face the final boss until you sweep through the entire area, trigger every enemy spawn and kill them.

Wait I never pay attention to SS games that aren't the main ones, what's this about fusion? I thought it was just another shitty 3rd party spin off

soon hopefully

Fusion is a hub for all the games current and future games, running on a new vrsion of the engine.

So it replaces TFE/TSE HD then?

No, the old games are still there.

Adding to the post above, BFE got a bunch of tweaks that greatly improve the campaign.
>magazine size buffs
>single shotty buffs
>weapon change and reload on sprint
>new enemy attacks on hard and above

Fusion combines TFE/TSE/BFE into a single game, DLC's included.

TFE/TSE are mostly unchanged, mainly stat changes like werebulls hitting harder and the minigun having classic stats (half the damage, twice the RoF compared to HD). BFE has some more noticeable changes: enemies get extra attacks on hard and serious (rockteers sometimes fire homing shots, kleers can a horizontal shot) and some of the guns were buffed (shotgun is god tier now). It also looks a lot nicer.

One big change is modding, though. Proper custom weapons are now possible. There's quite a scene for those though only one guy (Soulmyr) constantly makes good shit.

Sorry, I meant more in terms of "this is the version you should play"

Huh neat. I haven't played SS in a long time, maybe I should check this out

>HD and fusion exist
>the gameplay is still better on the ORIGINAL games
Enemy movement is wonky as living fuck on HD/fusion, nowhere near the original which gave you a perfect indicator of enemy behavior at every moment so you can be a dodge master no matter how big the horde. The new games are just about HURR HOLD DOWN SHOOT ON BIG GUN HURRRRR.

>it's not any different from their normal one
You mean the hitbox? They are led, aimed to intercept your current direction.

>Cathedral Final part
>this starts playing

Guillotine Gorilla

Haven't played in ages, can someone tell me what fusion is?

Nvm, literally just saw the post of someone explaining

VR and 3D games updated to the serious engine 3.5, also shared workshop, mods, save files

Stoic Steve

And on other hand, the scorpion things is one of the worst designs ever, by all merits.

Hell no, a game about positioning and threat priority would be incomplete without a hitscan enemy. It's only in BFE that the little camouflaged shits are drip-fed from every direction.

Uh yes they should. SS2 was a big pile of shit.

twitter.com/devolverdigital/status/963812310081880064

These cheeky fuckers

>solais works on revolution, proper updates every month
>he leaves revolution team, no updates since 2 years
>he works on fusion, lots of patches, actively talks on steam about everything
>he's redirected to ss4
>barely any patches for fusion, most of them add more bugs than fixes, no communication

You can say anything about the guy's old experimental shit, but at least he did decent job when it came to official work

"And this is my son's room, he's quite the game enthusiast.."

Agreed, the VR in those games work so fucking well. I dont have many games for my Vive but Serious Sam is my go-to.

South American. Serious Sam is one of the best FPS you can play. Helps it can run on literally any PC because Croteam are literal wizards with the options menu.

there's so much of shit content needed to be remade for proper SS2 game it's not even funny

if you ported over every single thing from the game and made it like a normal serious sam game, the budget would easily surpass whatever funding they have for SS4

mind that average Serious Sam game has 12 or so levels and SS2 has 40 levels, the cuts are inevitable

Man, I wish croteam would license out the serious engine, a la unreal. Their games look great and run on anything and they have graphical options for days

Monster/enemy design is so boring these days

That was the point of Serious Sam. It was meant to be a tech demo to entice developers to licence it.
mobygames.com/game-group/3d-engine-serious-engine
They open sourced the original Serious Engine a while back.

>try to make a tech demo to sell your engine
>accidentally make a long running and beloved franchise
I hate it when that happens

PLAY BOGUS DETOUR GODDAMMIT

radical randy

I did.

It was okay, weapon balancing, no quicksaving and a terrible final boss really dragged it down

I believe there's a workshop addon that brings it back

I thought it was awesome apart from the cringey NPCs.