Why can't I get into Breath of the Wild's world?

This is NOT a Breath of the Wild hate thread. It's really not about that. Im just wondering about a feeling I had and if anyone might know why.

For some reason, I just didn't feel as immersed in this world, as I do in other open worlds like Witcher, Elder Scrolls, or honestly even GTA. Again, I don't know why. There's just something about BotW's world that makes it hard to connect with.

Again, I am not saying the game is bad or anything. Im talking about just my subjective feeling of it. I didnt' feel as immersed. In Witcher 3 I loved walking around the locations, soaking in the sights, learning the lore, talking to the people. In Skyrim I loved walking around, loved learning all the lore in the cities, even the moments of walking in the world often felt special. And in GTA it can feel kind of hypnotic to just drive or walk around, and look at all of the buildings/trailer parks or whatever around the world and how they were placed. Sometimes its even fun in these worlds to just act like a normal citizen, follow the paths

But BotW does not give me these feelings. Walking around its world gives me no feelings other than boredom and disconnection. I just never feel immersed in it. I feel like I'm always just scratching above the surface and hopping from one topographical landmark to another. I never feel like I'm really IN an area, just passing through. Meanwhile even in GTA I can be walking around a dinky farm or small assortment of homes in its world and feel immersed in walking around it. I love looking at all those little details and why they placed them where. But I just don't get why I can't feel connected to this game.

Does anyone else feel similar, or have any idea why I might feel this way?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rnNKX9JfaQ8
youtube.com/watch?v=dnOIm_gkX7A
youtube.com/watch?v=8Q_laTIUOVY
youtube.com/watch?v=9413Wiw-KuY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Nobody gives a fuck about your feelings

>It's really not about that
Actually, it is. Everyone knows by now how these threads go. It's been done many times. If you really felt like this, you'd have just stopped playing and moved on to some other game.
But that's not what you want. You want to create another shitposting thread. It doesn't matter to you what the game is or isn't, you are just interested in console war bullshit.

I think what you're probably missing is the level of detail those other games offer. I loved exploring BotW, but there is an argument to be made for it feeling just kind of empty. I just finished playing AC:O and honestly it sounds like you'd enjoy it a bunch. I too love just wandering about and getting immersed in the world and Origins gave me that in spades.

Your IQ is above your body temp.

>more than one stamina wheel
Do people do this?

There's no sense of direction or anything in this game.
You literally can go (almost) anywhere. You aren't going to be told "hey track ten minutes west to get the next step in the quest or just fast travel!"

It's a sandbox game moreso than a pure open world like "open world with very specific things to do"

/thread

it's a sandbox where all you can find is cat turds.

Why would you not?

it takes too long to turn in orbs and more stamina is useless beyond two circles.

This is the response you get for anything but blindly loving every aspect of Nintendo games. Isn't it such a fun fanbase? I have all 3 current gen systems but I can never stand to discuss anything about Nintendo with anyone here. Second worst is Sony, and best is Xbox by far but there's so little to discuss. Nintendo is absolutely the shittest though.

There's really no reason not to upgrade it all the way, unless you're really into throwing on the climbing gear every time you need to get somewhere. Having full stamina just lets you jump your way up most walls.

>normal hud

Filthy casual

fpbp

Don't you?
When I'm climbing, I like being able to just spam the jump button, I like not being bothered by rain too

>4 fuckhuge paragraphs
>YOU JUST WANNA SHITPOST
Kill yourself you worthless faggot.

Except that it's not about nintendo. I am tired of seeing the same threads everyday. I would've posted the exact same thing if this was a witcher thread.

I like BoTW but fuck you, we're allowed to talk about video games you dumb nigger.

>Less than MAX stamina

Even 3 circles aren't enough. What else are you going to spend your orbs and extra hearts on? Don't tell me you play the game with more than 3 hearts.

once you get the frito power you don't really need either.

It's not a challenge if you spend the orbs. 3 hearts one stamina wheel makes you improvise and be smart.

It's not like you can't just stockpile durian meals if you absolutely need to have 20 hearts.

I don't wanna use that all the damn time, even when it's upgraded I only use it if I have to, and there's never really a wall that's that exact height, you either overshoot and it feels like a waste and undershoot and have to climb anyway. It's only good for clearing gaps.

The games you mentioned are about the lore of what happened and what is happening in the world. Zelda is a mechanical sandbox where you interact with the world mechanically and systemically. in skyrim, you learn about the lore and culture of each city, and can follow NPCs and get their routines. in Zelda, you can find a cool way to climb that mountain and find a cool way to interact with the world. While booth games are open world, the level of interaction is totally different, so you get a different experience. Zelda lets you do a lot with a small tool kit, and Skyrim lets you do a little with a large tool kit

there's tons of ledges and you can make stam potions. The game was designed so that you can do everything without having done anything.

Extra wheels and hearts are there for the people under age 12.

It's the low amount of hand crafted content, vs endless terrain expanse. This isn't as bad as it would have been, because often the challenge is to find things yourself, and figure out how to navigate vertical areas, rather than have all the markers on the map from the start and just walk up to them easily. This provides more engaging exploration gameplay than you'd normally find in an open world game. I do think that without the zelda nostalgia, the world overall is too barebones, leading to low immersion.

what do you mean by "It takes too long to turn in orbs", do you mean the animations? I'm sure you're not supposed to deliver literally all of them at once.

>useless beyond two circles

For climbing yeah, but it's pretty nice being able to sprint for more than 2 seconds

Its a half baked game on an underpowered piece of childrens hardware
what did you expect?

Nah, that's gimping yourself, I hate going slow in games, specially open world games, there's so much shit to do and running is the best way to traverse it, horses are stupid and get stuck on small pebbles and I don't want to pay 40 bucks to unlock the bike.

Well OP, I got the opposite feeling, I felt much more immersed on BotW than on GTA V, Witcher 3 and Skyrim.

Maybe you prefer having tons of guests, interacting more with npcs and such. BotW seens to focus more on raw exploration, going anywhere you'd like and on the world instead of its people.

>I'm sure you're not supposed to deliver literally all of them at once.
The shrines are so common and easy to clear that i got up to 50 of them at one point and just stopped caring because i hadn't had a game over since the first 10 or so hours.

>Nah, that's gimping yourself,
It's a child's game. You have to do that for there to be any challenge for an adult.

>horses are stupid and get stuck on small pebbles
Hold left trigger and you can canter around it.

>You have to do that for there to be any challenge for an adult.
>wasting time
>challenge

You are not wrong, wasting so much time on pointless shit sure is a challenge for an adult.

FPBP

>But BotW does not give me these feelings. Walking around its world gives me no feelings other than boredom and disconnection. I just never feel immersed in it.

Jesus Fucking Christ these BotW threads are becoming nonsensical.

We've had this exact same cut and paste shitpost thread every hour, every day, for the last 352 days. Fuck off already

>You are not wrong, wasting so much time on pointless shit sure is a challenge for an adult.
That's video games for you.

>copypasting the same autistic thread from a few weeks ago

it's literally shitposting you deluded faggot

LITERALLY
EVERY GOD DAMN DAY
IN ONE MONTH
IT'LL BE EVERY GOD DAMN DAY FOR A FUCKING YEAR

THE SAME FUCKING SHIT THREADS
OVER AND OVER
EVERY MECHANIC IS BROKEN
THE GAME IS FLAWED
THERE'S NO IMMERSION
THE GRAPHICS ARE SHIT
THIS GAME SUCKS

ETC.
ETC.
ETC.

HOLY FUCK JUST STOP

JUST FUCKING
GET
THE FUCK
OVER IT

this.

This.
Just don't fucking play it if you don't like Zelda or Nintendo.

We don't need 10 daily threads about your fucking feelings and emotions and how bad you think the game is.

You could point out objective flaws like the Ubisoft Towers and MMO quests and fanboys will still not accept the criticism.

If you don't like the game, that's fine. Not everyone has to like the game.

They spent like $400 dollars while the rest of us played it on cemu.

Of course they cannot accept criticism. They're like tesla fanboys.

>Ree this feature is bad
>Why?
>Fuck you toddler!
Now that we've gotten that out of the way.

>other BOTW thread dies
>autistic OP doesn't have enough after getting BTFO in the other thread and immediately makes another one

Fuck off already you autistic fuck.

Ubisoft towers is literally made up bullshit. Typical of stupid fucking contrarian shitposters.

In UBISOFT GAMES
THE TOWERS LIGHT UP LANDMARKS, POINTS OF INTEREST, AND WHERE TO FUCKING GO

ZELDA USES THE TOWERS AS LITERAL SCOUTING TOWERS

YOU HAVE TO LOOK OUT AND MARK SHIT YOURSELF AND FIND POINTS YOU WAN TO EXPLORE

ON
YOUR
OWN

FUCK OFF WITH THE UBISOFT TOWER SHIT

I GUESS MOUNTAINS ARE FUCKIJNG UBISOFT TOWERS TOO RIGHT YOU FUCKING MORON? BECAUSE YOU CAN SEE SHIT FROM ON TOP OF THEM?

One and done. Kys OP.

>You have to surveil landmarks yourself
>Quick teleport spots for each region
>Great spots to paraglide from to cover ground

HURRR
UBISOFT TOWER
REEE
REE
HAHAH I POSTED IT AGAIN

They're nothing like "Ubisoft Towers"

Mipha or Zelda? You can only choose one.

Mipha.
Zelda hasn't taken a shit in 100 years.

The problem is on both sides.
People just need to stop responding to blatant shit posting from either side. But since there are fans that consider legitimate criticism as shit posting and they respond to it every time, there will be no end.

The problem isn't on both sides.
It's on the side of people who copy paste the same bullshit criticism every god damn day for a year.

No one on the BotW side ever claimed the game was perfect.

The only thing BotW people do is try to defend the game from literally made up contrarian shitposting like calling the towers Ubisoft Towers.

Well I can't blame you for not digging the lore, because the lore is flimsy as all get-out.

But other than that, I can't say I recognize your feelings within myself.

Also this You had ways of making it more exciting for yourself available the whole time.

OHhh goddd
its starting again
I g-got chills again
Post about how bad BotW is again...

Mipha. I even dyed the zora gear dark red.

unironically this.

I was pretty bored with the initial hours of botw and dropped it. I also really don't get why this game gave critics such an ecstatic experience as to deserve perfect 10/10 scores in every outlet. It's just the green open world game with some elf boy killing some piss easy goblins. It's average and massively overrated and that might make you feel like you're an alien for not buying into this crazy as fuck media sensation.

>Nobody gives a fuck about your feelings

Why is this even relevant? This is a board to discuss video games and how we felt about them. What the fuck else is there to say? If you didnt care about anyones feelings I dont think you'd even be on a board like this. Are people not allowed to say how they feel about a game?

>It's on the side of people who copy paste the same bullshit criticism every god damn day for a year.
They paste the same bullshit defenses too.

Watch out for the guy who has a post about hebra mountain nonsense.

>I didn't like it...
>Tbh no one else should like it or enjoy it for reasons I don't

This is how dumb you sound

>But since there are fans that consider legitimate criticism as shit posting

Yeah I still haven't actually seen this.

Please provide some screencaps or something if you got them.
I just see people having a laugh when morons regurgitate the same made up stories about the game as has been in circulation for a full year now.

I rarely see
>WOW BOTW IS SO AMAZING
Just
>WOW THIS GAME IS SHIT I CAN'T GET INTO IT
>so you're saying...
I hope you're actually a woman.

The Ubisoft Towers thing has really, really gotten old.

It's like literal babies who see something that's a tower and go
>IT'S THE SAME AS ALL TOWERS!

when the form may be similar the function could not be any more radically different.

Ubisoft puts all their shit around the towers and marks everything for you and makes it a central point of all the "gameplay"

The towers in Zelda are not like that all and are typically just there to be used as high ground and spots for you to teleport to.

You didn't do that to match with Sidon?

Are you gay or something?

Pay attention then.

You want more like a toy box with something at every turn every time you dig in there to find something else to mess and play with and not so much an exploration based in which exploring shit and seeing it for yourself is meant to be part of the experience.

>hebra mountain nonsense.

Sounds interesting.

The only mountain nonsense I've come across is the HURRR NOISE MAP stuff.

Not gonna lie, i'd order his fish sticks. Love his champion of justice shtick.

Probably looking at it the wrong way.

In the other games you mentioned civilization was booming and arguably at its peak for the time, there are towns, people, lore, etc. So obviously thats a core concept of those games.

BotW is different in the way that its a century after all that, where a disaster took place and the biggest civilization (the hylians) are near extinction. Yeah you have the zoras/gorons who seem to be booming, but theyre regulated to their specific parts of the world, you wont find them resettling in hyrule field anytime soon.

The towns, people and cities you mentioned in other games are long gone in BotW, so much so that nature or the wild (no pun intended) has started growing over it.

Point is, as much as people wanna meme about this statement, the emptiness in certain parts of the map is very much intentional, youre a hundred years late to the party, and this is the result.

Lets not also forget that those games have more of a focus on story and characters. Zelda isnt completely devoid of this but its first and main focus is gameplay, and there is OBJECTIVELY a fuckload of content to this game, its just a matter of whether you are interested in that sort of content or not. A lot of the things you can do normally in breath of the wild would be regulated to gimmicks in a single mission in those other games, and therein lies the charm of BotW. Its a different beast from other open world games, you either like that or you wont, simple

It's just a copypasta that goes over a bunch of pointless and aggrandized shit you can do on that bleak peak of critique.

Here is why BotW does not feel immersive: compate BotW to any other open world and you will quickly notice the huge difference in field of view and surroindings. When walking around in Witcher 3, there are usually thick trees or something else surrounding you. Walking to the different towns in Velen feels like a journey. When you are in a town in Velen, you can't really see the rest of the world around you

And yet, BotW is so open air that you can virtually always see much of the world from wherever you are. BotW always resists tunneling and entrapping you, or even feeling like it has secluded areas. It's all "open air". This is why it doesn't feel immersive even if it seems difficult to put into words.

Let's say you're playing GTAV and you're on a mountain like Mt Chiliad or at the altruist cult. you are mostly focused on being on mt chiliad or whats at the cult site. In BotW, the field of view is so large and so open that you feel like you're not in a unique area but just another little outcrop in the open air world.

Nobody will admit it, but BotW has a really fucked sense of scale. It is not normal or realistic and that's what makes the game feel particularly unimerrsive. Despite being so large the world feels, paradoxically, claustrophobic and small. It's so relentlessly open air that its almost choking.

Sorry

Ubisoft towers are bad because its a pointless barrier to exploration, other open worlds that have progressive revealing map rather than tying your entire area map to one spot do it far better.
MMO quests being ones like collect 10 X item and return to me, are another pointless busywork, there is almost never any challenge or depth to them, you just go there get the item and return if you don't already have the items on you.

The best thing about people complaining about the towers was that at first, they tried to talk about them being boring to climb, and hiding content from you.

When they found out you can jump/fly to the top of most, then it was about them being ubi towers that unlock areas.

But when they found out tha- what am I saying, the shitposters don't actually know that you never have to activate a single fucking tower if you don't feel like it.

Good thing you literally do not need to ever climb those towers to explore, good thing they do not stand as any barrier to any location in this game.

>try to defend the game
this is exactly what I'm talking about. If people stopped replying the shit posters would go shit post about something else. But people, for whatever reason, feel the need to reply to them every time. So what if they're saying shit about the game that isn't true? Telling them that they're wrong clearly doesn't do anything since they just post the same exact thing next thread.
The problem is that a lot of legitimate criticism is a matter of opinion. If someone says that they think the world is empty or that every shine is the same fans tell them that they're wrong, it's not necessarily a wrong opinion to have. Even the ubisoft towers and mmo quests mentioned in this thread are true to an extent. Just because someone has a different opinion that you think is wrong doesn't mean that they are shit posting.

Tall structures would be fine, but tying the actual revealing of the map to them is awful and you know it.

Even GTAV seems well developed in comparison

>walking around GTAV's wilderness
>see gas stations, stores, trailer parks, tour buildings, radio stations, homes, hobo camps, power plants

>walking around in BotW's wilderness
>....shrines. koroks. unnatural environmental puzzles

Most of what is in BotW's world simply does not feel organic or part of the world or its history. It's just there FOR LINK. This is the major problem.

No it isn't. You don't even need the fucking map.

I only use them for teleportation. I've played a lot of the game once without activating the towers for fun.

He's too dashing for his own good.

>FOR LINK
No shit it's there FOR LINK you fucking idiot.
He's the Hero of Time and the Goddess of Hyrule plays a major role in his story.

>exploring shit and seeing it for yourself is meant to be part of the experience.

....What is there to see? BotW's world is hardly one of interesting discovery or revelations.

You can't interact with or do anything with that shit in GTA 5.

>....What is there to see? BotW's world is hardly one of interesting discovery or revelations.

Have you fucking played the game, serious question?

There is hidden shit and weird shit literally everywhere.

holy fucking based

Yeah, which is why the entire conception of the game is flawed. The fact it's all there to serve Link, and its all waiting for him before he arrives, is what makes the exploration so boring.

What the fuck are you talking about?
Half the fucking world is untamed wilderness that isn't for link at all

Because it's fuck ugly.

While it's true that you can see unreasonably far across the lands, all things considered, making the world feel shoe-boxy, it does help with direction, and I don't agree with the bit about things hidden from sight.

Many areas in BotW are deliberately hidden out of sight of others, and particularly out of sight from the opening area.

....Such as? The only thing I would describe as "weird shit" was finding Kilton in Skull Lake. The rest of the game is incredibly lacking in this detail.

Everywhere I go I keep getting killed. Did I miss some predefined path or something?

>Walking along
>Suddenly a mammoth mechanical monstrosity
>This isn't something of interest to discover

So what kind of BotW thread do you guys think I should make after this one dies?

I'm thinking I'll put something about Ubisoft in the OP.

I hope you're not talking about the guardians, because no, those are revealed to you early on and not interesting to discover

>If someone says that they think the world is empty or that every shine is the same fans tell them that they're wrong,

Both are ligitimately wrong and not just opinions.

So, you never saw a particular dragon did you?
OR a particular giant cave with skeletons, did you?

being forced to dress like a girl and link enjoying it is extremely weird.

It's fucking retarded too since the only person in the entire world who ever really notices or cares is the one gate guard on the left and the sad fuck whose shoes you steal.

>those are revealed to you early on

No. You're told they will be there, but they aren't actually "revealed".

Who the fuck enjoyed it?

>oh wow that's neat looking i wonder what it do-
>glorified pinata
>oh....
Repeat for 30 hours.

Value is subjective.

What

go be a pussy somewhere else OP. no one has the same taste, what one might like the other might not, get over it.

Oh jesus this again.

You're not "forced" to do any of it.

And of all the things to pick on in the game, you're upset about wearing a disguise.

Link never acts annoyed by it. He does a "daw i'm a cute trap??" pose when he gets it. A real man would have just decked the faggot off the roof and found another way in, which there sure as fuck should have been.

>oh here's countless ways to do all the different things in the game it's all open to you!
>BUT YOU MUST DRESS LIKE A TRAP IF YOU WANT TO BEAT DESERT DUNGEON
What the fuck, nintendo?

In Dragon's Dogma you have the option of disguising yourself as a woman to sneak into a bandit camp.

He does a
>Wow, some guy in a girl costume is calling me cute... I'm embarassed

>cannot complete one of the dungeons without it
>not forced
I guess you're not forced to do anything in the game since you can just uninstall it from your computer.

He's embarrased.

And you don't "dress as a trap". You dress as a woman. To avoid guards that won't allow men inside.

Why do you struggle with this concept for months on end in these threads?

>option
All i wanted was another option to dressing like a faggot.

Yeah that's not how men respond to being called girly. Were you fed on formula as a baby?

Precisely.

now he gets it

Here is the real reason why BotW's world is hard to connect with: it is lacking in logic.

Let me justify this. It's hard to be immersed in BotW because most of it is not logical. There was an evil calamity, and there's an evil massive castle in the middle with dangerous enemies becoming more prevalent. And yet...none of the NPCs really seem to CARE, do they? Even for the researches at the tech lab, it feels more like a hobby for them than anything else.

The overall conflict in the world does not seem like a very big deal to anyone. Almost all the NPCs are so ho-hum. There is a real feeling of disconnection here. Where is the politics? Where is the worldbuilding? Why do NPCs not really seem to care about anything? Why is there nothing really going on?

Most of the NPCs you come across on the roads are either merchants or (more commonly) just hikers. Why so many random hikers? Do NPCs really not have more pressing business than this? Why so few "random events"?

Seriously: why is the world so fucking ho-hum about the massive calamity? Why does no one seem to care about what's going on?

Also: why are all the koroks hiding? for what purpose? just for link to find? Yet another thing thats unimmersive. Why the fuck would the sheikah just construct a bunch of environmental puzzles? Why are there hardly any other signs of life throughout the landscape? Why does the game seem to be afraid of having interiors - why are even all the villages basically totally open?

BotW is arguably the worst open world EVER - yes, ever - in terms of worldbuilding and it's not even close.

Thor dressed as a woman but he was never happy about it.

Annoyance over being forced to dress like a girl would have solved the problem.

It's also bullshit that you cannot take the mask off right after you get the guys shoes and watch him throw himself to a modulga.

>All i wanted was another option to dressing like a faggot.

Well you don't. You dress like a woman.

FPBP

>why is the world so fucking ho-hum about the massive calamity? Why does no one seem to care about what's going on?
cus it happened 100 years ago.

Are you ok, user? You don't have to be afraid, daddy left to buy his drinks, he won't come back for an hour or so to hit you, you're safe. Relax.

What, you want Link's opinion on every piece of clothing you can put him in?

Should he feel all icky about the rubber suit too? Does not showing his disgust make him a rubber fetishist?

You got issues man.

Is that what they tell you in sunday school?

Because they're living in microscopic mmo quest hubs with no source of food or sewage disposal systems.

>b-b-b-b-but worldbuilding!!

>OR a particular giant cave with skeletons, did you?

You mean the cave in Hebra? That cave that I guarantee you, 95% of players were thinking, "this cave really shows that BotW needed more dense, deeper caves"?

Thanks for the laugh, based Conker poster.

you're the one throwing a bitchfit over worldbuilding.

The rubber suit is probably the most useless set of gear in the game. What is it for? Do they think you won't have the thunder helmet at that point?

What cave is that?

You're only proving my point. If you respond to everyone you disagree with they're going to keep posting.

It's better than that thing, you can upgrade it to have a solid amount of defense and it makes you totally unshockable from any electricity source, unlike the helm that only works on lightning strikes.

Most people don't really worry about WW1 anymore either. It was 100 years ago, but of course the destruction of the old class systems in europe is still felt.

>totally unshockable from any electricity source
What good is that?

my god
multiple daily shitposting threads about this game since its release
non stop, fucking constant

please realize that no one's posted opinion about this game is genuine and everyone is just trying to piss everyone else off and all discussion is therefore tainted void and null
and sage for fucks sake

>Since its release
Since before its release. Cred Forums tried desperately to kill this game's hype many many months before it was released.

Blame Cemu. It's allowed people without a financial stake to play the game through.

If they paid 400 dollars they'd know how good the game is REEEEEE!

Most of the stables have a pen for animals, a dog, and evidence of industry like logging around them. The towns all have farms and the people in them have professions. There are travelling merchants you can follow from town to town, truffle hunters, adventurers that aspire to plunder hyrule castle, etc.

Well if there's enemies with, say, shock arrows or maybe electric powers, and they try to shock you it... won't work. Very much like the armor set that makes you unfreezable or the armor set that makes you totally fireproof.

Nintendo Defense Force out in force again I see.

I played it via cemu though and had a blast

No your point was that it's all just opinions.
It isn't.

An opinion would be that the things in the world aren't much fun to find, with some speficic examples.

And an opinion could be that it's boring how the texture sets are the same inside all the shrines.

>Watch out for the guy who has a post about hebra mountain nonsense.

If you have to bring up the pasta about the Hebra region, you're actively admitting that you're a triggered shitposter while also just proving its point.

fuck off ACFag

Hunting and foraging could never sustain a large population.

There are fewer than 50 people of each race.

Even with ganon gone, extinction is a certainty.

I guess that's good for the 6 year old girls who play it. I never had any trouble with elemental attacks.

wow you sound smart

It's more like farcry 2 actually.

I'm just saying what it does, being able to wear armor that negates status effects is always a handy thing in any game.
Yeah maybe you can beat the game with three hearts and one stamina wheel naked with the base inventory only using tree branches but maybe sometimes your average player likes to not get shocked or frozen by something.

no it isn't sweetie

btfo

Well, shoot, are you going to name a fantasy open world game that does not have sustenance logistics issues?

BotW even doesn't it better than most, with quite many fields and cattle.

>towns have farms, animal pens, evidence of industry
> hunting and foraging
did you read the post you're replying to?

>whataboutism
go home, drumpfie

hateno has a farm.

That's it.

No, answer the question.

If this is somehow a strict necessity, and a game that does it better than most isn't doing it well enough, then who DOES do it well enough?

Yes it is, sport.

>oh look it's something standing out
>box with a diamond

>oh look it's something standing out
>korok puzzle/chest with silver rupee

yeah but it plays nothing like Farcry 2

haha

fucking this. move on you autistic OP

>This is a board to discuss video games
Yes
>and how we felt about them
No

Kakariko has a chicken farm, also some of the stables have farms.

I've sunk in 36 hours in cemu and I just called it quits.

I hate to be THAT guy but this game is irredeemably bad.

I hate all the mechanics, all the design decisions. The shitty combat, the breakable weapons, the constant one shots, the lack of progression, the lack of music the lack of story.

All you do in the game is run around for hours on empty fields looking for boring ass shrines that you solve in 5 minutes using the gimmick physic powers. Just so you get the CHANCE to upgrade your garbage stamina and health.

The weather constantly gets in your way and dictates how and when you can play.
Its been years since a game annoye me to this extent.
Do you people really enjoy gathering items and cooking? mining? i really wanted to like this game but its the laziest game nintendo has ever put forth in the franchise.

Oh did I mention there are no Dungeons? I beat 3 divine beasts and I guess they are what passes for a dungeon in this game.

I just cant for the life of me understand all the raving reviews.

Witcher 3 had a lot more farmland. Probably because it wasn't limited by a handheld gpu.

Shit, even Morrowind had a bunch of fishing villages and farms.

>diamond
>korok
>rupee

>Farcry 2

Yeah, that happened.

Cool blog, and I love all those completely new critiques you've brought to the table that we totally haven't already discussed a thousand times.

>cemu

maxing stamina first is for patricians. hearts are for fags

How are you both missing his point this hard?

That cuckoo is never going to eat those chickens.

>climb towers
>fight random goblins
>fast travel
>means of conveyance

Now go ahead and make up some bullshit.

no im his dad and i hate him. hes a faggot.

what point

Hateno has two farms and a ranch.
Kakariko has competing pumpkin and carrot farmers.
Most of the stables keep goats or bulls in a pen, others have their own industry.
Gorons farm rocks.
Zora fish
Gerudo town is the only one without a farm or explanation for how they get food, but they have the most stalls and shops.
Tarrey town is built up by importing craftsmen and traders.

>there weren't diamonds in farcry 2

>I've sunk in 36 hours in cemu and I just called it quits.

Okay.

Orchard, pumpkin patch, carrot field, chicken farm, all in Kakariko.

again, those are just surface level similarities. But Farcry 2 was actually a slog to get through and on top of that radio towers were introduced in 3 anyway, idiot.

Did you play previous games in the series with Witcher, Elder Scrolls and GTA? If you didn't with them, but did with Zelda games, there might be some sort of feeling of the game being wrong. That's all I can think of.

The main issue you're having is believability. Yes, Breath of the Wild is huge. Yes, there's lots of shit to see. But most of it is a "so what" issue. Hyrule is vast, but much of it is little more than an excursion from one tower to the next. Yes, you come across some things, but nothing has a personal touch. Finding an old house, or ruins of a certain farm we all know and love, leaves one with a sense of "oh hey, that's neat", but no sense of wondering what the lives of the people who lived there were like, as there's nothing there to even hint at the owner's personalities (unless they leave behind a diary, which is the definition of telling instead of showing).
It's there, but it never gives you a reason to care that it's there. I personally gave up on this game months ago. It wasn't a hard game. It was actually a kinda fun game. But personally, I got so fucking BORED playing BotW that after the 3rd time I fell asleep while playing it (in the middle of the afternoon each time at that) I decided to just say "fuck it" to the game and slap it back on my shelf. Someday I may give it another shot, but I doubt that'll be any time in the next few years.
And now I'll wait for the inevitable N.D.F. response in classic reddit & gamefaqs form claiming that my opinion and experience is wrong and that I should kill myself for not considering this game to be the penultimate title ever crafted.

>Hateno has two farms and a ranch.
Kakariko has competing pumpkin and carrot farmers.
>enough food to keep people alive for maybe a few seasons if they butchered and reaped it all
>but they also trade it to the rest of the world

Everyone is going to starve like the ukranians did a few months after the end of the game.

>played for 36 hours before he noticed he didn't like it

Stopped reading. Youre opinions and advice will invariably be tainted by your poor judgment.

Yeah, never played either game, Ninny Defendies.

>BotW is arguably the worst open world EVER

Shit I have been playing open worlds for years and years and heard so many good things about this one you cant imagine my disappointment.
I fully agree its the worst open world sandbox I have ever played, it's so sad.

If you've seen it all before why bother coming to these threads anymore?

>hes still at it

Witcher 3 has what, 20 acres of farmland total? Do you have any idea how large farms are, and have been?

KEK

Why do Cred Forumsirgins try this hard to be contrarian?

No there are cell towers in FC2.

Morrowind didn't have any more farmland than BotW.

And how does fishing not qualify as "hunting and foraging" you mook?

But I will accept the pick of Witcher 3. It has a lot of fields.

I answered your question, faggot.

No he doesn't, but he likes to feel smart when discussing virtual ecosystems.

Te actual question is, why do you.

I avoided the threads because of spoilers. Little did I know there was nothing to spoil.

Oh no I started disliking it from the beginning but I really liked Hyrule. I forced myself to play it because I wanted to explore Hyrule but little by little my patience ran thin. A this point I just wanted it over. There is a very cool landscape to explore buried beneath layers and layers of shitty mechanics.

I wont say the game is utter shit objectively but its definitely not for me, its a compilation of all the things I hate in games.

>hopeless loser actually replied

>And how does fishing not qualify as "hunting and foraging" you mook?
It does, but those things cannot sustain a growing population. Fish become depleted very easily.

>the same guy who complains about environmental puzzles in every thread

And every time we continue the discussion, you'll end up bringing up Elder Scro- oh fuck. You're ACfag, aren't you?

I never asked a question, I just said that there were farms. Are you retarded?

I've been playing since January 13 and I'm almost done. Once I have 30 hearts and do the Trial of the Sword I'm gonna storm Castle Town and do a second assault on Hyrule Castle.

and?

Your opinion is like your asshole. Now fucking wipe it, shit-pants.

Its my legitimate opinion quit this contrarian meme.

Yes, I agree, which is why it's not a good example of a food supply more sustainable than that in Breath of the Wild, which was somewhat wrongly accused earlier in the reply chain of relying on hunting and foraging.

>Skyrim lets you do a little with a large tool kit

Imagine being this fucking retarded in real life

Now that you mention it he probably is ACfag. His posting style is extremely easy to pick out.

Well then I'm truly sad to hear of your loss. Poor baby.

its a video game dude

he's right, Skyrim sucks

>ACFag is so shitter shattered that he is the cause of Breath of the Wild threads
11 MONTHS

>there are certain plants that only bloom during rainstorms
eeeehhhhh

Well, Morrowind was already brought up here.

>Witcher 3 had a lot more farmland. Probably because it wasn't limited by a handheld gpu.

wow what the fuck

>its a video game dude

Yes, that's exactly what I've been trying to tell the mook that was complaining about it.

It's on a different level.

Your tone implies that my opinion hurt your feelings, speaking of babies.

Shit, you're right. Looks like ACfag's been here for a while.

Time to abandon thread.

CEMU is doing a public service of showing what a mediocre game botw really is.

This is why we are getting so many of these threads.

>its a compilation of all the things I hate in games.

Dude, it sounds like you put yourself through a lot of pain.

I agree that the particular style of game design has to come to an end, though.

Less is more.

its just link and his faggot dungeons thrown into an open world with no real care.

TP had a nice blend between open areas and being linear. we aren't really ready for a truly open world zelda game, the witcher 3 is infinitely better and that game plays like ass.

also because of nintendos shitty hardware botw really looks like fucking shit.

pic related, its the reveal. looks nothing like what we got today.

>public service of showing what a mediocre game botw really is.
wew

Your tone implies that you're a moron.

>just get over it and accept it, everyone thinks its great
>like omg why are so many people complaining about it wtf just stop
Nintendo soyboys are delusional as shit

christ, calm down

HUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUE GOOD GOING GOYIM WE SURE SHOWED EM HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

> tfw trying to pull the master sword out with 4 hearts

food buffs that add extra hearts temporarily are ignored wtf is this bullshit

>looks nothing like what we got today.
ummmm false?

;_;

CEMU allows people who want to dislike a game to play something they would never have paid for.

And afterwards to go to Cred Forums to brag about not having had any fun.

What a party we're having.

Emulation in general allows contrarians to peddle their childish opinions with any sense of validity.

tell it to your shrink

lol

>random old hat ragging on botw
>now TP, there's a game!

ha fucking ha

I dunno man, I'm having a blast.

>looks nothing like what we got today.

The absolute STATE of botw shitposters

So you admit it does looks somewhat like what we got?

This. Once BotW was released to the world, its shitty boring world was put on full display for everyone

lol to you fagtron

as if the environmental puzzles arent immersion breaking as fuck and something to complain about?

Don't reply to yourself, it makes you look bad.

It has textured polygons, yes.

>for everyone

>with a powerful enough PC to run it well and a desire to do so

So less than 1/10th of the people that bought it for a Nintendo system?

That's "everyone"?

My problem is that obviously put way more work into the Great Plateau, probably because they were going to be showing it before release a lot. But I feel like its so much better than the rest of the game.

>that part where you have to look at the intersection of the four shrines

really cool. And yet this kind of thing wasnt in the rest of the game

I emulated it on CEMU and I think it's the best open world game I've ever played. Joke's on you.

>everyone is a bogeyman
What kind of schizophrenia is this? Are botw defenders future school shooters?

funny man

>it doesn't look literally like that screenshot all the time and that's my argument

man, you really are autistic

Look at this image for example. You are in this area. In BotW though, the world is so barren that you can always see so much around you. Here, you feel like you are in this location and immersed in it. In BotW you would be seeing like, two regions ahead, 3-4 towers in the distance.

>Are botw defenders future school shooters?

Not him, but you guys have ACfag on your side so I wouldn't be so quick to play up that accusation.

you don't even need a powerful system anymore. You just need it for graphics better than on console versions.

youtube.com/watch?v=rnNKX9JfaQ8

nigga you have eyes. use them. also the majority of the graphics could easily be fixed by removing the fog, fixing the colors and increasing LoDs

but im sure you have 0 fucking clue what i mean since you can't use your eyes

no you're probably just autistic

>more trees = more immersion
lmao too bad the gameplay in W3 is tedious i guess

>BOOGEYMEN
Oh shit is derek smart and Billy Mitchell here too? What about Trump and Russians? Who else?

And congratulations cancer. You jumped right into console war bullshit the first chance you got.

>1/4 of the screen is HUD
>MUH IMMERSION
I hate witcher-fanboys so much, kys

no portability either :)

>why cant i get into BotW's world?

Because more than any other world there is a separation between villages/stables and the rest. in most other open worlds there are usually buildings, farms, inns and settlements outside the main areas. In BotW this is not the case. Pretty much all sign of life is confined to the same areas.

What are you talking about? There are quite a few topographical puzzles like that.

And I certainly didn't feel like going back to the plateau after leaving. Wasn't special compared to the rest.

>close ups

yeah i know the game looks good when you have the camera close up but anything 10 feet further than you looks like shit because of LoDs and nintendo saving on preformance

BotW's HUD is actually more intrusive

I am a video games graphics technician, so I know what you're talking about.

But I unironically think the actual game looks better than the reveal, which had several issues in my eyes, related to good image composition and detail density.

>open worl;d

Epic meme. BoTW is one of the most fucking linear games I've played in a while.

I just downloaded Cemu and Zelda about a week ago or so and I've been playing an absurd amount. The Great Plateau was magical, the quality definitely stepped off since then with a few notable exceptions. To me it also doesn't really seem like much of a Zelda game, perhaps because of the lack of dungeons.

>Trump and Russians

Wow that was quick, ACfag.

completely missing the point here, mr austiso maximus

are you 14?

Ok, when people seriously try to claim that BotW looks like this. That's when I draw the line.

BotW does not look nearly as good as this. It doesn't. Stop trying to pretend it does.

Best parts of the game were the Great Plateau, meeting Naydra and Hyrule Castle. And that's it.

Game has a lot of little problems that sum up into a downgrade to the experience. Weapon variety restricted to just skins really, infamous weapon durability, the Champions' powers not being 1 use and recharge instead of three uses and then recharge...

And it's another game where we don't get Ganondorf. Nintendo is afraid of being called racist and is making up abstract substitute villains like "Malice", "Calamity" or whatever vague shit.

you can also disable it without ruining the playability of the game (i.e. it's designed with that in mind) which cannot be said for witcher

Then toggle it off.

You kind of missed the point where half the villages were destroyed and people thought that they were all going to die. People seem to be trying to scrape up whatever kind of lives they can before they get gang raped to death by monsters in the field.
Also a bunch of the other shit you mentioned was already explained in the game. The researchers are short on funds and the Koroks hide for fun, no puns intended.

>To me it also doesn't really seem like much of a Zelda game, perhaps because of the lack of dungeons.

Also the lack of magic. Game has hardly any magic at all, most things are just tech

It looks better. Those bleeds and fucked up normal maps are gouching out my eyes.

>muh no true Zelda

I wanted to like the game man, I put in so many hours but I couldnt keep going. Its the only 3d zelda game I cant stand.

obviously but it is O P E N W O R L D.

aka no instanced shit.

You don't need it in Witcher either. Then again you obviously haven't played it. or probably any other open world

Half of those images aren't even close-ups you blind faggot.

Also, see:

I absolutely love Breath of the Wild. But above all I am excited for the next game. I haven't really been this excited for a new Zelda game since the lead up to Ocarina of Time I think.

>great plateau, eventide and hyrule castle - 9/10
>rest of the game - 3/10

Your complaints honestly read like you borrowed them from someone else and have no idea what any of it means.

Cred Forums's attempts to hate this game are getting absolutely retarded at this point.

>it's an "MMO fag tries to apply his shit genre to other games" thread

i wonder what version they're magically running because i have my switch right in fucking front of me and the game looks NOTHING like that.

Doesn't look nearly as good as the 2014 reveal. are you fucking blind.

>people claiming the world is empty

read it and weep

>BotW does not look nearly as good as this

You're making this way too easy.

yes you do

Honestly I think its the worst.

What makes you think its the best? Even the last asscreed game, of all things, had a better constructed open world than this one imo.

My main issue with this one is how much running around empty fields there is and how unfun and pointless the combat is.
The world itself is pretty damn cool but the mechanics behind the game work against it at every step.

Once again I have to ask if you are blind

Doesn't look anywhere close to the 2014 video

If you put in that many hours and was getting sick of it, why didn't you just go to the ending?

You could at least have finished the fight. Noone demands you 100% that shit.

>d-doesn't count!!

I don't like that Revali's Gale only recharges after three uses, for example. I'd prefer if it started recharging right away.
The rest are popular complains, you most likely read then a hundred times. Weapons play the same and break fast.

>implying

Oh hi I see you're a shitposter that has obviously never played the game. You absolutely do not have to dress up as a girl in BOTW.

>played this game when it came out and enjoyed it
>always played it after the gym, really relaxing
>finish it up in a couple weeks and move on
>almost a year later Cred Forums is still shitposting about it daily
You fucking people.

>cemu

youtube.com/watch?v=dnOIm_gkX7A

Nah, it looks unanimously better, in spite of not having quite as long a draw distance for detailed terrain.

keep crying holy cow

>muh critics
What a sheep.

yeah there was that one with the white bird and looking in its stomach. it was really well done

I heckin beat the zip zap boss in the desert and that was pretty cool. Which path is funner, borb people or goron? Desert was a bit boring. Zora was fun

>gets so asshurt he has a pull a "BUT YOU LIKE TRUMP" because Comedy Central told him that's the quickest way to not lose an argument.

I enjoyed the plateau, but 30 hours later I couldn't keep going. Just wasnt having any fun, the game failed to deliver the promise of something interesting around every corner.

At that point you know the only things you might find are YET another boring shrine, or YET another disposable weapon that will break soon.
Really no reason to keep going other than to increase your stamina to a point where it wasnt so rage inducing.

TL;DR

I took those screenshots myself. They're from the Switch, but with the weather conditions clear.

I'll admit BotW kinda has an issue with excessive fog at times, but that's only during certain times. At other times of day there's almost zero atmospheric fog. I'm not sure how to replicate it but the best viewing conditions seem to come up when there's been no rain for at least a few in-game hours.

Goron area is more boring than the desert, have fun saving the worst for last if you choose birds next.

its cemu you fucking dense cunt. of course it doesn't count. of course everything is going to look better on PC fucking retard

>I don't like-
Well maybe it was specifically designed to challenge you in certian regards.

And you don't have to ever break a single fucking weapon in the game man, what are you on. And in regards to them playing the same, I don't really know how that's much of an issue by itself when you already have more weapons styles than ever before in a Zelda.

>Gerudo town is the only one without a farm or explanation for how they get food, but they have the most stalls and shops.
Actually, it is explained in-game that the women who sell goods get their supplies from their husbands who are not allowed to live in town. I would assume that they meet at the outpost, where men are allowed

It reminds me quite a bit of riding around TP's overworld on Epona and catching the bugs only with a lot more complexity in terms of available resources to scour and mix.

The base movement/combat (excluding the glider/shield surfing which are quite nice) seemed like a step back when compared to previous 3d console Zeldas. I like having a dedicated jump button, but I definitely fucked up a few times expecting Link to autojump over gaps though haha.

Dont you need to fix all the divine beasts? I had one left to go but I rage quit earlier today.

If you don't like this game, you don't like exploration. End of discussion.

That shit was sleek. Felt like I was playing The Witness for a moment there.

Since when asking an honest question and stating why I didnt like the game constitute crying?
You fanboys are unbearable holy shit.

No, they just help make Ganon a pushover.

You already get the buffs from the three you have without bothering with the last. You should be able to do it with what you got.

No way it's worse than a fucking desert

I think so.

imo it looks better, the only thing arguably worse are the trees, but generally the actual game has a much better render distance and more detail in distant objects. pic related.

Game was built around the durability mechanic, it's true. Changing it would be too much of a hassle, too many other things would have to be editted and it would have to be another game.
I think the major problem is that everyone thinks about ways of how it could be better. That's the problem with hype, it makes a let down more probable. Game wasn't bad, despite the flaws, but it's certainly not the masterpiece critics claim it is. I think that's why the folks here bash it so hard, it's out of spite for the lies told.

These are actually Switch screenshots.

nigga what? the great plateau is the second worst region in the game, and as other anons have pointed out there's plenty of other topological puzzles in the game like your example.

This is nonsense. Exploration was the only thing pushing me to keep playing the game. The reason I hated it were the poorly constructed game mechanics, the gimmick physics, the combat, the breakable weapons the rage inducing stamina, the lack of enemy variety, the lack of dungeons, the boring shrines.
Aka everything else other than the world itself.

>have fun saving the worst for last if you choose worst next.
???

It is linear as shit though.

>Railroaded to the first three shrines because you literally can't go anywhere in the O P E N W O R L D game until you do
>Basically be told "Go to kakariko now."
>Straight line right there
>They bltabtly tell you the enxt quest flag triggers over at the Zora area and I should be going there
>From there railroaded into one of the worst forced stealth sections I've seen in years against some lion centaur thing. Even the new monsters look like shit.
>Then railroaded into a boss fight, then the linear elephant dungeon
>Then a piss easy boss fight I basically slept through
>Then get railroaded to the Goron area
>And then the game gets railroaded out of my Switch and back to gamestop to get a refund

I've played an enjoyed every Zelda game from the NES all the way up to BotW and I just can't in good conscience call this a proper Zelda game. It's just trash.

you're actually kinda proving his point

>october build
>intentionally dark graphics pack.

youtube.com/watch?v=8Q_laTIUOVY

I don't think you know what railroaded actually means, everything you listed past the first point is completely optional, and many people (including myself) do them in a different order.

Yeah, I've kind of reached that point myself. I've always been one who enjoyed exploration for explorations sake but I'm a bit burnt out with all the koroks and samey-looking shrines.

I've been working my way through Hyrule Castle severely underpowered which has been a real blast though.

Was a masterpiece to me. Even if I enjoy thinking of ways in which it could be better.

I'm not sad that it inspires me. It's better than games that I just feel like I was to stop playing. Though people are allowed to feel that way about BotW.

And concerning the durability mechanic, it's not an issue that weapons break. You find plenty. It's an excuse for you to get good with throwing them, to do double damage, and an excuse for you to get good with different syles of weapons.

I know some people's OCD can't deal with their favorite blades breaking, but that really isn't the game's issue.

>width: 900
>switch resolution: 1280
>superscaled
Ah.

>forced stealth sections I've seen in years against some lion centaur thing
you don't have to stealth the lynel, it's optional. 99% of everything in your post is optional yet you're literally stating that you were forced to play the game this way? I don't think any of the things you said are "forced" or "linear" are as such.

You're an actual retard if you got rail roaded to anything past the tutorial shrines. Try thinking for once instead of doing what you're told or what you think you should be doing, retard.

It's the smallest area and it has nothing interesting in it.

You people are fucking idiots. The Cemu "graphics" pack just increases the color contrast and messes with the brightness settings. I can do that on my fucking television.

>every real gamer like me went straight to ganon after getting the paraglider
lol a cuck like you couldn't even get into the castle like that.

>Lynel
>new monster
>I've played...every Zelda game from the NES all the way up to BotW

Lying sack of shit

No retard, everybody who isn't a dumb dumb like you did what they wanted instead of following a path they made up in their mind.

>Basically be told "Go to kakariko now."

Yeah, and guess what, if you do, you're "basically" told to "Go to Hateno now"

And you don't have to do either.

looking back at it, I should've did Goron first.
it was a trudge to get through it.
This might be nostalgia talking but I prefer a Goron City than Lava Works every fucking where.

this, I you need to know the difference between limited RGB and full RGB and why those are important (not just for vidya, but in general; most normalfags are completely clueless). BotW on Wii U is limited RGB only, you're supposed to tweak your display for this but most people don't, many TVs even come with a limited range option. This is also why a lot of (especially older) games come with a contrast and color menu in the settings, so that you can help calibrate your display appropriately.

>You people are fucking idiots.
Just the ones who bought it.

Oh sorry oh mighty great gazoo.

if they chose to follow the main quests they did what they wanted?

This is the most obvious and retarded false flag I have ever saw.
Lynels were in the first Zelda.
This is low IQ as they come

gameplay loops become repetitive so quickly. its so fucking boring

It's legit though. The Wii U version deliberately does away with the brightest and darkest values in the spectrum because it was Nintendo's first digital signal system and they wanted to protect people with shitty old flatscreens from white-out and black-out artifacting.

You can't just add these values back in by adjusting your TV.

>he disagrees with me and says BoTW isn't literally perfect
>FAAALSE FLAAAAG

Don't you have some soy to get to?

Clearly it isn't what you wanted but what you thought you had to do because you're actually too dumb to understand nonlinear games.

Your home planet needs you, gazoo.

What's legit?

The Wii U version has limited RGB but most PC displays are calibrated to full RGB, resulting in a mismatch with crushed blacks and whites. That's why the game "appears" as if it looks better on Cemu when the reality is that it just has increased contrast values because of the RGB mismatch.

I can do this on my Switch, by the way, since my television is limited RGB. All I have to do is change the Switch's settings to full RGB to get the same illusory effect where it seems as if the game is less washed-out.

He's not saying it isn't perfect.

He's lying faster than Sean Murray on a morning talkshow.

>The Wii U version deliberately does away with the brightest and darkest values in the spectrum because blah blah blah
holy autism, it's an actual standard known as limited RGB, see many consoles support it, including the PS3 and Switch which both use it by default. It isn't normally considered inferior, just a different standard but you do need to adjust for TV/display for it. In short, a full RGB display with limited RGB input will result in crushed blacks and a mushy look, whilst a limited RGB display with full RGB input will result with too sharp an image. Most television and film use limited RGB, especially DVDs.

Also, the contrasty graphics pack in cemu only increases the contrast, it doesn't add back the "missing colors" at all.

So if you don't like eating shit, then you can't like good food?

Why would the Sheikah fashion a motorcycle that is unable to outpace a horse?

>poop analogy
never change, Cred Forums

>when the reality is that it just has increased contrast values because of the RGB mismatch.

Yes. That's why I'm saying that any graphics patch that were to allow CEMU to draw the remaining RGB values really would be the real deal to make the game "look better", even if that might not be what we're getting yet.

>gay ass music
>weird pauses where there shouldn't be and not where they should

>Also, the contrasty graphics pack in cemu only increases the contrast, it doesn't add back the "missing colors" at all.

There's a colorful version of contrasty now.

more viewers than you, ahmed.

Oh my bad. That's what I'd assume such a "pack" to do.

I don't actually bother with CEMU, I just bother with my Wii U.

Well yeah, I agree with that, but I was referring to the current "graphics pack" that Cemu players commonly refer to. All it does is just increase the contrast/brightness settings even more.

Basically my point is that this has nothing to do with actual graphics, the problem is that BotW often gets really foggy during certain in-game times which results in this really dumb washed-out look. Messing with the monitor's settings (or having mismatched RGB settings, even though you'd be crushing colors) remedies this somewhat by making everything seem clearer.

the engine can't load the world quick enough, although to be fair the render distance is insane the DLC is shit though much like how the contrasty pack alters contrast and vibrance, this looks to be doing a similar job except it's hue-shifting instead. You can tell it's not actually "adding" new colors by the color banding visible in the sky (only noticeable if you're using a full RGB display, which most monitors are [including the one I'm browsing with currently]), you could achieve a similar effect with the color options of most displays.

Ive been telling you how shit botw is since release
Glad cemu is showing people the reality.
Turns out paying 400 bucks for a game casts another light to it

i played it in cemu and loved it tho

Using words "literally" "unironically" is a sure way to detect underage youtube streamer idolizing "gamer". You are the reason why Cred Forums is so bad these days. You ruined it. Instead of sucking mommy's titty and doing homework you broke global rule and posted on Cred Forums as underage.

So show us some pictures from your save folder.

I belive you. I hated it tho

>No shit it's there FOR LINK you fucking idiot. He's the Hero of Time and the Goddess of Hyrule plays a major role in his story.

And this is why you should develop the story around the game, not the other way around. Not to mention none of the things he listed do anything to enrich or further the story. It's literally just another shrine in the middle of nowhere.

here ya go

I'm right there with you. I have a friend who has put over 100 hours into it two separate times. I managed around 20. It just did not hold my attention, at all. The open world was this boring, lifeless thing. The entire game felt dull and uninspired. I get the idea of it being a vast, open thing to explore, and the notion of basically just saying "fuck it, let's go see what's over there" is fine, but when you are quite literally killed in two hits and every weapon you pick up is made of glass it just doesn't equal fun. It took away the usual Zelda tropes of dungeons and great puzzles and replaced it them with emptiness and a thousand shitty shrines and bosses that aren't even remotely memorable. It's probably my least favorite Zelda ever, although I haven't touched Skyward Sword.

>Half the fucking world is untamed wilderness that isn't for link at all

>Half the game is wide open terrain with no interactive objects/NPCs/story elements

You sure showed him, bro.

>Half the game is wide open terrain with no interactive objects/NPCs/story elements
that's not what he said though, being wilderness does not imply non-interactivity

>367 posts
>71 IPs
wew lad.

You're right, it doesn't imply that. But that's exactly what it is.

Took the words outta my mouth
I really tried to like it but all those reasons you mentioned killed it for me

not really, nearly every wildlife object is interactive

>the engine can't load the world quick enough
Then why can 5 star horses go faster? Why is the bike not at least on par with a 5 star horse?

>For some reason, I just didn't feel as immersed in this world, as I do in other open worlds like Witcher, Elder Scrolls, or honestly even GTA. Again, I don't know why. There's just something about BotW's world that makes it hard to connect with.

Legitimate question: how old are you? And no this isn't an underage accusation or an insult, I am genuinely curious because I wonder if this is an age thing, especially considering the games you named off as being better examples of worlds you connected with.

I connected with BotW's world instantly, and had a lot of fun exploring it for quite a long time. But then again I could say the same about the first Zelda game, which gave me almost the exact same feeling; in fact I think that's what drew me into BotW most. But I know it's harder for people much younger than me to enjoy games like the first Zelda now, which is why I'm asking about your age.

are they? I don't have the DLC so I can't compare but to me the bike looks as fast as my 5 speed horse

Literally just had this thread

user it's just a shitposting thread don't overthink it, OP is the same user that keeps posting lately.

Yes BotW isn't actually a 10/10 game, nor even a 8/10 game. Amazing isn't it.

That's all you have? No, show pictures from your album. It's in the mlc01 folder.

At least you're on master mode. I really wish i had started on that, i might have had some fun

I don't know I never had a 5 Star horse. What I do know is that after doing the obstacle course side quest it took every fiber of my being to not slaughter my fucking steed right then and there.

This was after getting the Master Cycle Zero, I saved Faron for the end of the game so I'd have something new to explore on my Master Cycle.

Right it's a 9.7/10 game

meant to quote instead of witcher user

Nice reading comprehension kiddo.

>I connected with BotW's world instantly, and had a lot of fun exploring it for quite a long time. But then again I could say the same about the first Zelda game, which gave me almost the exact same feeling

Same here. It's funny because LoZ's assets are even more copypasted than BotW's, not to mention there's way less gameplay and activities in general. I know that's because it's a much older game, but still.

Excuse me? I'm just stating fact..

STOP
NOT LIKING
ZELDAAAAA

>after doing the obstacle course side quest it took every fiber of my being to not slaughter my fucking steed right then and there.
nigga the obstacle course minigame is easy, the only tough one is the horse archery

Yeah, when they're there, and there's a lot of parts in the game where they aren't. I spent 20 minutes running across a mountainside with nothing to interact with except the occasional Keese the other day.

I desperately want to like this game, but I can't play it for an hour before I get bored and turn it off for SMO instead because it's so aggressively disengaging.

It was a disappointment. You do practically everything the game has to offer in terms of gameplay mechanics on the plateau, and then it just repeats endlessly like attack on the control room in halo.

Guess what's under that rock?

Irony.

>hour 131
>minute 27
>second 44
>haven't seen a catchable fairy at a fountain since Kakariko Village at the beginning of game

>how old are you

it's very easy if you have mouse and keyboard set up.

Stop sprinting, you dainty twat.

Im one of the bigger zelda fags. Even I couldn't get into BotW the first time I played through it.
Its pretty desolate with a few puzzles/enemies scattered throughout. Nothing too engaging.

It's about finding the rock and giving the impression of there being something rewarding under potentially any rock that makes it fun.

Secret entrance to a fairy fountain who will expand your bomb bag

No, fuck you. I'd be going directly towards the obstacle and my horse would just spaz out and stop moving, or veer off to the side randomly and I'd have to jump off and restart right away. Took like 10 fucking tries.

The game stops spawning them when you have like 3 in your inventory.

BotW is the most OBVIOUS overworld I've ever played

Thats really the only way I can describe it. You quickly learn that almost any conscicuous thing in the environment is a korok. Shrines get boring. No overworld feels as utterly lifeless or illogical as this

>You do practically everything the game has to offer in terms of gameplay mechanics on the plateau

Places outside of the Plateau all make greater use of these mechanics than the Plateau itself, plus more mechanics introduced outside of the Plateau (horse taming, additional runes and rune upgrades, gliding, champion abilities, etc.)

>exploring the coast near the hateno lab
>come across 8 korok puzzles in like 3 minutes

Thats when I realized something was seriously, seriously wrong with how this game was conceived

I felt the same way as OP. I dontthink its an age thing im 27. Fav games are souls, bloodborne, silent hill , sotc, witcher

Botw was just empty in a bad way. Sotc was empty but it worked since the game didnt waste time on side bullshit and kept a solitary atmosphere. But most of all the map wasnt as fucktardedly huge as botw

>catchable fairy
you what? every fairy is catchable. You literally only have to sneak like right next to them

Nah

>Places outside of the Plateau all make greater use of these mechanics than the Plateau itself,

No, they do not.

>additional runes

What? No there arent

I played months ago, I don't have much

>video game is repetitive
WHAT!?
>install doom
>walk down hallway
>shoot demon
wow I've seen everything the game has to offer uninstall

Because while it's cool and fun to explore, there's nothing to be rewarded with for doing so. You can have the best open world there is but if you just don't feel compelled to go through it, what's the point? If they cut down on how many shrines there were, made finding one actually meaningful, made them more unique or at least more unique depending on region, and had them give you proper rewards, it'd be fantastic. Travel up Satans asshole and find a hard shrine, complete it, and get a pair of gauntlets that let you climb in the rain? Fuck that have twelve in the same spot that let you raise your stats a bit. Climb up a really high place requiring lots of food and proper weather conditions which rewards you with a hookshot that makes climbing easier but still require proper stamina usage? No fuck you have more slight stat boosts.

The mechanics mostly shine on Eventide, and yet I'm supposed to believe this lie that the entire game is a masterpiece?

So just a shitty attitude thing?

Waaaait a second.

The guy you're replying to was replying to OP, and OP was swearing this wasn't a shitposting thread but I've seen your same exact posting style, arguments and even that same screenshot with the "Guess what's under that rock" statement before.

So this entire thread really was created in an effort to shitpost.

You have a knack for expressing things in a subjectively negative way

>It's about finding the rock and giving the impression of there being something rewarding under potentially any rock that makes it fun.
That's the issue. You quickly lose interest in rocks because it's always the same thing.

>What? No there arent
I think he means the sole exception of the camera rune or he's really stretching it with the upgrades to the runes.

I have never seen a reviewer convincingly answer the questions: what makes a world compelling to explore, and how does Breath of the Wild satisfy these conditions?

I could've sworn I've had like 6 at once.

Eventide and the trials of the sword are the only real challenge in the game.

I've heard some faggots can't even beat the first trial on normal mode. is this true? are people this scrubbie?

>No, they do not.

Yes they do, ACfag. It's funny because we've actually had this exact argument before and I remember showing you all the ways in which these mechanics were emphasized in more extended ways that the Plateau never bothers to fully introduce.

>What? No there arent

The photograph rune, also the motorcycle rune if we're counting DLC. Inb4 "d-doesn't count!"

>open world game
>exploring
that was your first mistake. Open world games are fun because you have things to do when you feel like fucking around or get stuck but should primarily be playing them as though they were a linear experience. Imagine "exploring" GTA VC, of course the boredom sets in almost instantly. What could you expect to find in a video game world which could actually excite you.

I'm not certain on the number, i just noticed they stopped showing up once i had a couple.

I find the opposite to be true actually, if you're truly creating an environment worth exploring you don't need to "reward" the player with repetitive korok seeds.

I climbed to the very top of hyrule tower for fun earlier today which would have been rewarding enough on it's own. As I get to the top of the spire there's a little gust of wind/leaves off to the side. Of course it's another fucking korok.

In all of the praise for BotW, I feel like they never wonder: why are we here? What is this all about? When we ponder these questions we realize how utterly shallow BotW really is. When I see this game, I am here because I want a truly mysterious world to explore. Instead, I got a world that was basically a bunch of shallow environmental puzzles leading to shrines and korok seeds. Is this really what anywhere is here for? To explore this world of depressing predictable and made so much just for Link? When I explore, I want to explore a world that felt like it was there before I showed up, that was a world all its own, where I can dive in and uncover its secrets. BotW is not like this at all: its a world of koroks and shrines tossed out like kibble.

What? Rude fanboy

>eventide
>challenge
is this a bait or what? Eventide is over in less than 15 minutes. It's one of the easiest parts of the game because its beatable with starting stats.

>calls people the boogeyman
>wants people to take him seriously
Pick one.

This. Reviewers should be required to quantify their opinions and demonstrate the mathematical superiority of any game they claim to enjoy.

Its almost as if they are common points we share that makes us dislike your perfect game

>not the first post by this IP
Get help dude.

>You quickly lose interest in rocks because it's always the same thing.
No you don't because seeds are always useful to find. The variety comes from the survival mechanics you endure as you traverse the world and in effect creates a reward system that makes it relevant to continue to traverse the world. Wether or not its fun is a matter of opinion, though I think it lends itself will to the sort of pick up and play style that the switch hardware provides.

That a set of autists are seemingly unable to understand this concept and lash out in anger because of it is hilarious.

there are a lot of mysteries/secrets in botw's world though, just because they're not the focus of the game does not mean they aren't there. Take the 7 heroine statues and the hidden 8th one, for example - you get clues over what/who they are but it's left mostly down to your imagination to piece it together.

Oh sorry i played the game with just 3 hearts and no stamina upgrades so my experience was different lol.

They're still more of a challenge than anything else in the entire game.

"calls people the boogeyman"

Only ACfag says this whenever he's called ACfag, as we've proven before in countless threads.

>No you don't because seeds are always useful to find.
Only if you're a hoarder or playing on master and need to fight everything.

>blah blah blah autism
so brave.

>They're still more of a challenge than anything else in the entire game.
not him, but I disagree. Lynels are more challenging, that random stealth yiga section is more challenging, the lightning blight is more challenging. Is the game hard overall? Not really, but eventide is far from the most challenging part of the game.

Hi ACFag. Still at it, i see?

No dude, believe it or not some people actually do want the opposite of what you are asking for. Not everything needs to be cut up with scripted cinematic experiences

>ACfag

Can someone explain this to me. WHo is ACfag?

But he asked OP a question, and then ACfag responded to him as if he himself was OP.

Couldn't be any more obvious that this thread was created for the express purpose of making a bait thread.

>world made for link
>video game MC can explore levels in videogames he is MC of
I know like, lmao you gonna tell me all the gaps in this island are just small enough for crash bandicoot to jump across like nigga c'mon dat's dat shit rite ther, I mean its 2017 and all like nigga dis bandicoot could not be making all these jumps like can a bandicoot even jump? Oh right they just left this box here so crash could bounce off it and get up to those secret boxes. like lmao why they put those boxes up there right nigga? why those boxes up there tho why ain't they down here with these boxes and nigga bandicoots can't be jumpin and no way no how does a BOX bounce like ahahah who designs this shit ha haa

>I climbed to the very top of hyrule tower for fun earlier today which would have been rewarding enough on it's own. As I get to the top of the spire there's a little gust of wind/leaves off to the side. Of course it's another fucking korok.

Do you even read what you post?

ACfag also does that too. You really need to change your tactics.

DELET THIS!
IT DOESN'T FIT MY NARRATIVE NOOOOOOOO

lmao toddler

I still think reviewers are not demanding enough. they are too easily impressed.

is BotW really the APEX of game design? they write as if games can't get any better. but i can think of many ways in which BotW could have, and should have, been better. Why does it seem like critics never look at AAA games and are more demanding? they never find them wanting. They are so easily impressed.

>Lynels are more challenging
Get underneath of them with a claymore and spin to win.

>that random stealth yiga section is more challenging
That was fun. Not really a challenge though since they throw enough bananas at you to make a donkey kong country game.

>lightning blight
The what?

>Not really, but eventide is far from the most challenging part of the game.
It is in that you have the least ability to cheese it like you can the rest of the game.

> Not everything needs to be cut up with scripted cinematic experiences

How did you get this from what I said? And the irony is all the memories in the game are literally scripted cinematic experiences.

Now that you mentioned it this is so true. It feels like a playground not a real world.

Gotta get that trophy bro

Only ACfag says this whenever he's called ACfag, as we've proven before in countless threads. Why do you make me repeat myself?

find one reason game critics have to be honest.

Salty coins and milk

>It is in that you have the least ability to cheese it
you can cheese eventide too

I believe the term you are looking for is "Theme Park".

Dude stop do you really want another gamergate on our hands?

how the fuck do you not know what a blight is?
made me kek, thanks user

finding him in skull lake was the best part of the game

>least ability
Do i really have to define every fucking word in the english language, you stupid cunt?

its the exact same "challenge" you have on the starting plateau though. Base enemies and link with no weapons or armor. the only thing that's different is your locked on a tiny island so finding usable weapons is easy

way to prove your a noob
>my experience was different lol
I really doubt you did what you are saying, and the reason you had a different experience than me is because you are dumber than me nigger.

Not defending breath of the wild, but holy shit you're an autistic retard if you think that is what rail-roading means.

Overall, the term is hard to translate into a video game, but generally it would imply that you have no other option than to follow the main quest line, which wasn't your only option, you just did it because you're autistic.

Yeah and there are only a handful of them. You don't want the game to hand you tangible awards for doing something then what do you want when you climb that mountain?

Somebody's cranky

You can look these threads up on the archive and see that they've been created multiple times with the same posting styles. They're mostly being made by one person.

you can take all your items to eventide by dropping them on the raft and picking them up again.

>its the exact same "challenge" you have on the starting plateau though. Base enemies and link with no weapons or armor. the only thing that's different is your locked on a tiny island so finding usable weapons is easy
There's a hinox on the plateau?

>hurr hurr autism
So brave.

Because Nintendo doesn't actually give a shit about things like worldbuilding or proper atmosphere. BotW's lore is a joke that falls apart under even the slightest bit of scrutiny. BotW's Hyrule is a playground, it doesn't even pretend to feel like a real place. Zelda has never had good worldbuilding but BotW doesn't even try.

>babby cheeses things in games
wow.
>its so easy
>this was the only hard part
>cause you couldn't cheese it :^)
if you find yourself abusing mechanics in a single player game to brag on the internet about how easy it was you should probably kill yourself.

but whos responding to them?

Talk shit get hit

Yes, placing koroks all over the environment as a "reward" for exploring or traversing the terrain cheapens the experience and is a poor excuse for content. When you've run into a hundred koroks by overturning conspicuous rocks and solving "puzzles" that wouldn't hold up a first grader for 15 seconds it feels like a slap in the face to find them also hamfisted into the few environmental areas of true interest.

Well that certainly would take the piss out of it.

Skyrim is literally a more engaging world

>that mission where you have to jump down the icy mountain to reach the guy's outpost in the ocean

literally more immersive and you get a better sense of teh topograhy

It's literally just a currency

basically this but it goes further, there's one turbo autists that keeps samefagging and spamming in these threads as well. Take these 2 nearly identical posts for example these threads move so quickly though that most anons don't seem to notice

>For some reason, I just didn't feel as immersed in this world, as I do in other open worlds like Witcher, Elder Scrolls, or honestly even GTA.
It's the complete opposite for me. While those games have mostly nice aesthetics, the exploration gets stale because most of that shit is just set dressing you can't interact with. BOTW shits on them because its systems let you fuck around in its giant sandbox however you want, making the world feel more real. It's pure gameplay and I love how distinct the biomes are from one another. I don't need NPCs with shitty lip sync to make me feel connected to the world.

Good thing you can hide behind your keyboard.

And the puzzles are supposed to be simple, that's the joke and it flew way over your head apparently

different user, what rewards do you think the game needs?

>two people can't come to the same conclusions
>everyone defending the game screeches the same contentions endlessly
Oh.

the hinox that you have no obligation to fight? I suppose nothing asks you to sneak on the plateau

if you consider pushing the sneak button to be an additional challenge you really are on the wrong website

The opening of LttP is more atmospheric than anything in BotW. youtube.com/watch?v=9413Wiw-KuY This track is a minute long yet still gets the tone across, that combined with the rain and visuals conveys the tension perfectly.

Cry harder, bitch

Things you can't get anywhere else in the game.

>reddit spacing
>skyrim
yikes

spotted the samefag. Did you really think you could slip it by? especially when a switch is less than 400 and a wii u lesser still, it's not likely that 2 different anons would give that exact same figure.

There's a pedant on the Cred Forums?

>485 posts
>82 IPs
I think the success of BoTW broke an autist on this board.

A tangible reward that is the same exact thing doled out hundreds of times in the same way diminishes the value of that reward. Special items with unique abilities, interesting ruins, some structure or relic that gives the player special insight into more of the world's lore or history, anything that would suggest they actually put effort into the environment.

yeah, the OP. See like what?

Sure it does but it's still useful to have that extra slot.

ALL games get less interesting as time goes on that's basically a tautology

Apart from seeing new lands and enemies this game is repetively boring . It's wide open spaces are empty and after the awe factor of the games mechanics and visuals wears off it gets tiresome to play. This game had potential to be good but it leaves you with a feeling of wanting more and not being able to get it.
6/10 game for me.
Better luck next time Nintendo

OP here

I really just want to say: I am a loser. I do own this game. And PS4. The main reason why BotW triggers me so much is because Im scared that this is what open world will become. I still love the GTA/RDR style of open world. I dont enjoy the BotW Style. But Im worried with all the praise, this is what it will become. I enjoy the simpler mechanics and more immserive experiences of RDR. I dont want open air, tons of eollcteibles game. I want a more atmospheric type of game with simple fun mechanics, fun minigames and missions. And I do like GPS. And im scared to death that BotW will pull the industry away fromt his.

How do you get the ball without waking it up? Got a video?

>oh i'm so brave haha can't get me hehe
Shouldn't you be fixing link's house?

like ha haa. so I'm drivin round san andreas and erewhere I go. ballas ballas ballas. I mean like what? ballas here ballas there motherfucking ballas everywhere. So fuck dat shit rite homie? So I go into the gun shop and shoot me some ballas. Get this. same fuggin shit they had in the gun store near my hood. what? and these tags nigga these tags like my god who cares. I ain't playing a video game to play this baby painting shit. Like sorry big smoke I cant shoot ballas today I gotta go paint these tags nigga you cannot be serious! Like what. And these cities nigga 3 of them. emptier than my bank account nigga. ain't shit in em. I go into the casino I'm the only one at the black jack table like ha haa

>Skyrim

Learn to quit while you're ahead, ACfag. That or come up with new shitposts, you've been making the exact same threads for months now.

so you favor story over gameplay?

You have to buy the game and there's tax involved. Did mommy buy it for you?

Gear would have been nice. Or maybe a new rune. Anything that's not trash loot. Again look at the plateau. You climb to the top of the mountain and the king gives you a warm tunic. That never happens again, all you ever find is a korok.

if i wanted to listen to a nigger choke i'd call your dad.

you just knock it off grab the ball and run retard.

So give the player more slots to begin with or have fewer korok seeds overall and increase their value for unlocking new slots. The problem isn't the korok seeds themselves, it's the sheer quantity of them and the lack of any other rewarding content.

>blatant false flagging ACFag
Why do you have to pretend like you don't exist?

>Special items with unique abilities, interesting ruins, some structure or relic that gives the player special insight into more of the world's lore or history, anything that would suggest they actually put effort into the environment.
And here you're talking about items that either do something cool but ultimately irrelevant to the gameplay, or a fancy let gating some useful gameplay element, both of which BOTW has anyway with ruins and pictures and divine powers.

Stop what are you asking for, exactly? And how does a currency cheapen the experience when all it does is add another thing to find under a rock?

GTA for the driving alone has far superior gameplay to botw. And I like botw.

furthermore I'd say the driving in GTA has made it the only open world game to justify its open world to date.

i prefer atmosphere to be more intergreated with gameplay

example: RDR has stuff like the satisfying shooting missions, the fun gambling mini games, the bounty hunting...its all part of the world.

damn nigga you a straight busta lmao

That wakes it up.

Got a video? No? Imagine Wa Shock.

You know how every other zelda game in history has given you new things that did new things to unlock new areas?

That.

Obviously you never tried to bait people to attack you and watch as they accidently hit someone else and start fighting each other instead. Then a cop shows up and kills both of them while you then walk over and pick up their money.

RDR suffers from all the exact same problems as botw

can you be more specific than that?
as there is gear as loot, with a few different armor sets and obviously the weapons as well. There's also an optional extra camera rune and the champion abilities. Do you want there to be more NPCs on the top of mountains handing you things? As, in terms of receiving items from mountains, that occurs in many areas in the game: there's even a eightfold blade on one of the kakariko mountains (I remember because I went there to take some screenshots - it has an incredible view); there's even places with unique gear hidden in them, like a zora helmet hidden in some ruins in a lake.

Why should the player stay off with more slots? Why is the quantity of seeds a bad thing? Why doesn't the game offer enough other types of rewards when you already do get shit like stronger weapons worth unique stats, different foodstuffs to make and divine powers among other things?

Having a lot of shit to find means you can pick it up and have something to do without just starting over for longer.

Yeah especially the crafting systems.

>You have to buy the game and there's tax involved
it was $300 when I bought it user, including game (granted it was during a sale). Even so, it's typically going to be $360 to buy a system+game

>You know how every other zelda game in history has given you new things that did new things to unlock new areas?
You mean like divine beast powers?

You know how in all metroid and all but one zelda game you will find thing that you cannot interact with or pass until you come back with something you found along the way?

That. That's what's missing from BOTW. You get everything important right at the start of the game and then nothing new mechanically for the rest of it.

Imagine if they hid the hookshot somewhere in the game and you could use it in tandem with the glider and just cause 2 around the map?

With the exception of 4, the driving in GTA is good and is one of the best features of the series (I mean, it kind of has to be as it's in its namesake). But I don't agree with you that it the driving alone is better than the entirety of BotW's gameplay.

Hes Canadian and autistic so he doesn't understand how tax actually works

let me recap the conversation since you seem to be completely buttfucking retarded
Retard (you) >eventide is hard
God (Me) > no it isn't
Retard (you)>h-hinox
God (Me)>you don't have to fight that
Retard (you)>o-o yeah g-get the ball without waking it up
God (Me)>just grab the ball and finish the island
Retard (you)>oh wow so you were lying
God (Me)> *smugly touches penis feeling validated yet again*
I can't wait for you pathetic little meme reply. nigger lol

horrible bait
go on keep pretending to be retarded to feel right for once in your sad life

Like how you can't get into the gerudo town until you get the dress? Or how Terry town doesn't get built until you get all the guys?

You're full of shit dude

You have to understand that you're arguing with ACfag, he can't do basic math for shit.

so you want zelda games to become gated as fuck again? No thanks. I mean, it's fine if that's you're thing, but I hate when zelda games get absurd levels of gating content like that - it breaks my immersion and typically results in a lot of backtracking, but I know many will disagree with me. Also, it would clash with the design of BOTW completely.

That said, a hookshot would be nice, but I'm unsure how it would exactly work when the glider and climbing already exist and might make it redundant.
pretty sure he meant that you wouldn't be able to visit those areas at all, like how past zelda games gated sections of the world off.

>You know how every other zelda game in history has given you new things that did new things to unlock new areas?
they literally haven't. Ever. Hello yet another nostalgia fag/OP

Because you're a faggot OP hope you get the help you need

>pretty sure he meant that you wouldn't be able to visit those areas at all, like how past zelda games gated sections of the world off
Yes, I know

>with the exception of 4
>babby still triggered a decade later because he can't take a corner going 110 mph

>Even so, it's typically going to be $360 to buy a system+game
Taxes exist.

You mean powers that make the game easier than it should be? 3 free reflects, a free fairy, a free lightning hit, and a free updraft? They just make the game more boring.

We never get the ability to dive in water. We never get the ability to walk at the bottom. We never get the ability to fish other than with bombs. No hookshot, no bugnet, no instruments, no bottles, no translation book, no goron bracelet, no waterproof light source, no mirror shield unless you count the bought ancient shield, no invisibility cape, no pegasus boots, no hover boots, no ranged weapons other than bows, etc etc.

Do i also need to list all the classic enemies they left out like poes and like likes and dodongos? it's extremely shallow.

>so you want zelda games to become gated as fuck again?
>metroidvania games are bad
I guess that's why nintendo is done making them.

>implying
I just didn't like it, I had no problems using it though I didn't find it fun.

>so you want zelda games to become gated as fuck again? No thanks. I mean, it's fine if that's you're thing, but I hate when zelda games get absurd levels of gating content like that - it breaks my immersion and typically results in a lot of backtracking, but I know many will disagree with me. Also, it would clash with the design of BOTW completely.
Backtracking would be preferable to the tiny assortment of things you do find in the world.

>They just make the game more boring.
No, they increase your moveset aka more gameplay. Enemies increase in difficulty as they unlock. The only other type of item unlock is something like the eye of truth or something but again that's just a tool to unlock more areas of the map which, again, BOTW does too, but is liked in part because of how much they limited this.

zelda is not a metroidvania, it's an aventura/exploration game series. Gating things works in metroid because metroid is designed with a more labyrinthian layout, and is also a side-scrolling series so is very vertical in design as well. The same cannot be said of Zelda games, which is why I don't feel gating areas is appropriate in the Zelda series despite how often it is the case.

I disagree, backtracking is terrible in games that don't have things for you to do during said backtracking. Furthermore, I felt there was plenty to do in botw's world.

>only metroidvania games are good

Then just play that if that's what you think

Look, Zelda is back and she's going to make Hyrule great again.

I'm optimistic the next game will have more dynamic npcs and villages. I didn't get feeling at all that they really cared about Gannon and the monsters. Hell a monster was a few hundred feet from a stable and shrine and they couldn't care less about either of the two. It be cool to see more events like monsters attacking a village while all the men try to defend it.
Also the game needs more enemies, like every Zelda enemy ever created more.

HST isn't a universal standard, Trudeau.

>you do not need bottles in ocarina of time
>you do not need the hookshot in wind waker
>you do not need a translation book in a link to the past

Maybe zelda 1 wasn't that good of a game? Or do you want to go full communist and start splitting hairs about "needs"?

Who are you quoting?