What the fuck was his problem?

what the fuck was his problem?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ubr7YyYyDZQ
destructoid.com/danganronpa-producer-yuichiro-saito-leaves-spike-chunsoft-470515.phtml
youtube.com/watch?v=i25Q8cwOOmA
youtube.com/watch?v=qsSGmEXsWFY
youtube.com/watch?v=KI93nWonug8
youtube.com/watch?v=32GWbQt_Zn4
youtube.com/watch?v=Q7BxASTDXAA
youtube.com/watch?v=xjbgj2V6-o0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

REALLY bad self-esteem issues

I mean he killed tons of people

was a small fish in a big pond

Chiaki is overrated.

Yeah Chiaki was 300 tons at least

FUCK YOOOOOOOOOOOOU!

>killed tons by not stopping Junko

Izuru only killed ONE PERSON

I SERIOUSLY, LITERALLY can't get the appeal of this asshole.

Crazy gay man.
This could also be applied to Kokichi.

I appreciate his lunacy. He throws a wrench in the gears but in a good way that works really well in the game

look out folks we got a low iq poster on our hands

I can see why people like him but he was just grating to me.

Kokichi isn't crazy. He's basically an internet troll who always lies. That and he has a juggalo gang.

normalfag trying to impress an autistic girl

If I'm not mistaken Komaeda has dementia and some other shit. Kokichi was just an attention whore.

Compared to DR1 he was interesting in that he was probably the most competent person in the series barring Kirigiri. He turned what was seen as positive in DR1, hope, into a twisted concept, and basically became a wild card enigma for the whole game, even up till his death. To say he wasn't memorable would be a lie.
That said Oma does his job way better in v3

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Kokichi Oma. His humour is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of psychology most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer’s head. There’s also Kokichi’s nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from George Orwell literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realise that they’re not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Kokichi Oma truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn’t appreciate, for instance, the humour in Kokchi’s existential catchphrase “It's A Lie,” which itself is a cryptic reference to George’s English epic 1984. I’m smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Kazutaka Kodaka’s genius wit unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools...how I pity them.

And yes, by the way, I DO have a Kokichi Oma dakimakura pillow. And no, you cannot see it. It’s for the ladies’ eyes only - and even then they have to demonstrate that they’re within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand.

>That said Oma does his job way better in v3
Kokichi was literally a fucking little shit who was too prideful to quit.

Man replaying DR2 blew my mind. I saw him as a wildcard my first time playing but on my second playthrough I found myself agreeing with everything he did and found it beyond sensible

>everything he did
this include trying to kill someone?

herro did you rike my endingu

Behavior-wise, yeah he was a piece of shit, but story wise every one of his actions was driven purely out of logic and with the intent of saving everyone.
Komaeda, even before him getting spoiled on the ending, had every intention of making sure that deaths happened so he could see the hope and talent of the killer.

>with the intent of saving everyone
>got Gonta killed by making him kill Miu

V3 is shit

3 is shit

3 is good for the memes

Killing games can't go on if everyone commits sudoku

Why

they were shit and deserved it

Yes

You aren't the blackened if you get someone else to kill another person

Imagine the protagonist from the previous game but in a crazy way, that's Nagito

>gonta deserved to die
I get Miu, but why did Gonta had to die for being Kokichi's weapon

No

Because Miu was the only good character in this shit game and that retarded killed her

>Miu
>good
ahahahahaha

I love Junko!

Gonta was fucking retarded so he had it coming

DUDE HOPE LMAO

Because you're not a fujo.

The girl who doesn't exist and is likely trying to get you and your people killed?

What's the song that plays when he changes at the last trial? I can't find it and it's figuratively killing.

>killing terrorist is bad

he's really fucking dumb

He was trying to HELP that one.

I mean during the 1st case

whoa who is Ara Ara tier?

do you ever sleep

This is the man who solved must of the cases holy shit.

They cut his dirty unwashed hippie hair

replaying dr2 with the idea of hajime being a brainlet mong is the best experience you can have with dr2

oh well you know despair causes hope or whatever dumb shit komaeda is on

Yasahiro's (Weedman) mom from UDG. It also had other family members/friends related to the cast from DR1.

holy damn, how does an awful character have such a banging mom?

Hugcure's mom

what's wrong with hiro?

dude weed lmao

get out

Only DR chart I've agreed 100% with

Actually good taste for once

She is shown to be extremely doting to Yasahiro for all of his faults and loves him unconditionally. You can blame her for that if you want.

>mole
Ruined.

But that's cute
this guy does not speak for him beauty marks are the best.

>Trying to justify Kodaka's retarded "lol fuck you for liking the franchise" twist by typing up random garbage.

He hates the fandom that he inadvertently started, Spike Chunsoft most likely hates HIM for being a hypocritical asshole that screwed up their biggest cash cow, and now he's never working on another DR game ever again. It's that simple.

Pic related, did you know the collector's edition of V3 came with this?
>It's a fucking OVA devoted entirely to Komaeda, the most beloved character in the whole franchise.
>Kodaka wrote it, without any hint of irony.

Upset he's the worst protag.

Oma is garbage and one of the worst written characters in the series.

He wanted the original game to be much darker so I don't blame him for chimping out.

Just let the damn thing die

>screwed up their biggest cash cow
fans will just keep on eating the next game up
And Kodaka still has a job at Spike Cbunsoft

I can't believe it takes him that long to figure out what a fucking elevator is.

I can excuse that because he's japanese, then you have the elevator/escalator fiasco

youtube.com/watch?v=ubr7YyYyDZQ

BONE ON THE MEAT

It's incredibly hard to have competent cast members in mystery solving games because usually they don't make much sense in why they don't just solve the case by themselves

Nagito completely dodges this issue, that alone makes him a solid character. It's far more refreshing than a "go on protagonist tell them what I've already figured out 30 minutes ago" a la kirigiri.

Low down Ibuki and it is a 8/10 overall.

And then with Kokichi it's back to that again

>DR3
>oh by the way it wasn't their fault at all they were all brainwashed
I'm still mad.

For NOW, at least. It's flat out been confirmed he's done with DanganRonpa.
But the very moment the next game is revealed, there's definitely going to be some news about how he left the company. Calling it now.
It already happened with the producer: destructoid.com/danganronpa-producer-yuichiro-saito-leaves-spike-chunsoft-470515.phtml

You're right about fans "eating the next game up" though, and i'm sure whoever takes up the reins will give zero fucks about Kodaka's thoughts on them. Most likely turning the series into fanservice heaven.

>It's far more refreshing than a "go on protagonist tell them what I've already figured out 30 minutes ago" a la kirigiri.
That was so annoying. "Oh, the point of this is just to figure out who did it and I already know who? Well, if you, some random guy who I literally have known for a week, can't figure it out, I'm gonna let us all die."

I liked the OVA

Thing is, he's not the only producer.
Yoshinori Terasawa is the main one, and he's working with Kodaka on Zanki Zero.

Because gonta was the only one retarded enough to do it
Kokichi was up against a wall and he knew it, if he didn't do anything then Miu would have killed him and the case would be nearly unsolvable due to her knowledge about the virtual world
His only clear choice was to convince Gonta to do it, otherwise there's a good chance of Miu getting away with it
And besides, it's not like he forced Gonta to do it, Gonta fell to despair from the flashback light and likely would've killed someone without Kokichi's guidance

>Gonta fell to despair from the flashback light and likely would've killed someone without Kokichi's guidance
Gonta couldn't have thought of killing someone by himself, Kokichi was the one to plan the entire thing.
And the choice was tainted completely because Kokichi framed it in such a way that it would be good if Gonta killed Miu.

Still not Kokichi's fault
He preserved his own life and everyone else's by manipulating the only person he could

All three should share fault to be fair
Miu for planning to betray everyone
Kokichi for not alerting the cast
Gonta for stupidly believing Kokichi
This is a case that happened due to the mindsets of those involved

Could be a lot better if the last panel is changed to the part of trial 4 where he says that Gonta is the killer or to the CG of Kaito jumping out of an exisal

Hey guys, go to

They hate it when new Cred Forums people come so drop on in and say hey.

Could someone post that picture of Himiko and Shuichi where Shuichi has dog ears and is kneeling in front of Himiko and she looks smug as fuck?

Brainlet.

On one hand, I really like how weird and sort of open ended V3 was, reading theories and interpretations of the story is a ton of fun, on the other hand, the game's ending is a confusing clusterfuck and I still can't decide wether I love it or I hate it.

>/drg/
I would rather break my arm

Never played it (Don't ask why I'm even here). From what I gathered the reason everyone hates it bis because their backstories might just be hypnotic suggestions and they could actually be a bunch of boring sods with fake memories?

That's part of it, people are also mad because DR1 and DR2 are revealed to be works of fiction in the Danganronpa universe, some people are also angry at the fact that the game says that the killing games are only happening because the audience loves them, they love seeing these characters suffering and overcoming Despair with their Hope, some people didn't enjoy being called out on the fact that the players are just like the people in the "real world".
There's also the fact that all of those revelations could be lies and that Danganronpa and Hope's Peak Academy are real, but it all becomes a fucking mess due to the game's theme of Lies vs Truth, so nobody is really sure about what the fuck actually happened in the game.

That was so disappointing, with the way they handled Class 78. It's really lazy instead of seeing Junko actually interacting them and convincing them to join her cause. Not to mention how they handled a lot of things in general with DR3 in general.

Personally as someone who enjoyed the ending for what it was, people are generally mixed about it, because people don't like how nothing is outright confirmed and can be left up in the air and really be open for interpretation. What you mentioned is definitely part of it to some degree. People basically don't like how everything up to that point is a lie, how it involves the other games and what may or may not be true about them in terms of V3's world, and so on. It is easily the most divided ending in the series for better or worse.

anyone got that pic of Gonta strangling Miu with Kokichi pulling his strings behind like they're all lined up?

This one?

yeah, thanks user

would Cred Forums let themselves be subjected to the izuru kamukura lobotomy? I mean you'd get to be a super genius

to save billions

I don't want to fuck him but he carried Danganronpa 2. Albeit intentionally, it's clear that a lot of the game works so well because Komaeda is there.

youtube.com/watch?v=i25Q8cwOOmA

DON'T STOP HIM NOW

TELL THEM NAEGI

They killed many...

Russian Roulette sealed it for me, best character of the series.

>DR V3 trailer and character reveal comes out
>See the little redhead magician
>Already like her because she's a wizard and shit
>Told myself she'd die since she's a small character and small characters always die in DR no matter what
>Play DR V3
>Almost lost my shit in Chapter 2, seeing her involved in the magic trick show and believing she'd die somehow there
>She didn't die and actually lived until the very end
WOW. It would've been perfect, too bad I also liked fucking Kaede

What kind of person would think this
>Kokichi is Ultimate Seer and remembers the Ultimate Hunt and survived the killing game despite being ground into paste

>trade loli death for big boobed brown death
Yes, Tenko has a somewhat dark complexion

How do you call Komaeda? An antagonist? But he's not one really

If you haven't already come to expect fake-out "it was all a dream" endings from this series then I don't know.

I liked it but it also ruined the characters we'd come to like by telling us none of them were actually themselves. It made their melodramatic speeches seem extra pointless, especially spaceman. Let's not forget it meant Maki never actually killed anyone, making her entire emotional development utterly trivial.

>murder game where everyone performs incredible stuff just to dont get caught on killing someone
>DUDE LMAO LETS TURN THE LIGHT OFF AND TRAP OUR FRIEND INSIDE A FUCKING CAGE

>"lol fuck you for liking the franchise"
You do know that wasn't his intention at all?

Their old personalities were completely gone, so technically they were building on a pre-built one.

I know I'll get murdered for saying this but DR3 threads on Cred Forums were comfy

Tenko's death is the second worst in the series (Chisa). She should had been the one who killed Angie, since the rule meant Korekiyo would had lived. Things like that and the Revival book are wasted opportunities.

The magic show made me way too tense, I spent half of the game being paranoid about someone murdering Yumeno.

The message of 3 "If you find this entertaining you're no worse than the in-uiverse people who watched it". Like that shitty movie Nerve where the secret society turned out to be Cred Forums and the hollywood hacker ratted them out by doxxing their real names.

Why didn't Kaito just fucking kill himself and give Ouma the antidote? It would have saved more people and still trumped the master mind.

>hey let's trust the creepy psycho
>korekiyo
>lived
But then what's the point of people getting their punishment

It seems that Kokichi forced it into Kaito, so he had no choice.

>since the rule meant Korekiyo would had lived
Would've been super interesting. Specially if then he died in the next chapter and everyone would think it was Himiko's revenge or something

>The message of 3 "If you find this entertaining you're no worse than the in-uiverse people who watched it"
It really isn't.
The message of v3 was to find your own truth and meaning in a mess of lies and fiction. You're meant to relate to Shuichi's confusion at the reveal, moreso than any other DR character/protag prior to him. Not to mention that the world who enjoys DR in V3 isn't like our world at all.

Although that reaction was expected, but Kodaka and co were hoping that people would think about it just a bit after having a knee-jerk reaction and then enjoy it.

t. Kodaka confirmed all of this in interviews (as if it wasn't fucking obvious already)

Except you're playing as Shuichi and it IS bad for them.

Ouma is supposed to be the kind of guy that hates murder, so I doubt he would've let Kaito off himself. The plan would've worked if they filmed Kaito's fake death and then let Maki's poison kill Ouma before turning him into a pancake, that way the real blackened would be Maki and Saihara wouldn't fuck everything up by solving the case.

Why was the 5th Chapter so shit?
Maybe I got spoiled with Komaeda and DR2

>Basically, Tenko's killer wasted a killed, and Tenko herself was a waste of a victim.
Only the first killer would be considered the blackened.

I'm not sure why you disliked it, it's one of my favourite trials in the series.
>Monokuma joins your side and takes part in the debate
>Accidentally fuck up Kokichi's plan by solving the case
>An unsolvable murder on Monokuma's end
>"The rest of you are just extras, THIS FIGHT IS BETWEEN ME AND MONOKUMA!"
>youtube.com/watch?v=qsSGmEXsWFY

Say what you want about v3, but the soundtrack was on fucking point.

Although I will mention that something that did bug me was how inhumanely perfect Kokichi's script was.
Agreed.

That would require a major rewrite of chapter 5 and 6

Tenko killing Angie would kinda go against her character

The driving minigame is such easy on Hard that I often bet 9999 Monokuma coins and upon return I make about 3 times that amount.

>inhumanely perfect Kokichi's script was
Well Kaito said he improvised on it.

I don't think I would have played V3 entirely if it weren't for the OST, it's just so fucking good. Takada is OST Jesus

youtube.com/watch?v=KI93nWonug8
youtube.com/watch?v=32GWbQt_Zn4
youtube.com/watch?v=Q7BxASTDXAA
By far my favorite OST in the series, I loved the Pianos and the use of "Beautiful Lie"'s motif trough the game.

That too feels weird because I don't know if Kaito would be that good at imitating Kokichi. I guess it makes a bit more sense though.

Dont forget the graphics too. Sprites are well done, art was pretty and UI so fucking sexy

He didn't need to learn much, with that voice changer.

Even the moving text during the trials looked gorgeous, V3 is a beautiful game, seeing the DR1 and DR2 sprites next to V3's is jarring.

>the way the HUD powers down when switching perspectives

>Implying that wasn't just Kodaka trying to backpedal after realizing he fucked up.

You do realize this is the same man who tried to turn the despair incident into "lol it was a cursed video the whole time!" right? and is unable to control his massive hard-on for Junko, bringing her back at every possible opportunity?

debate scrum is my second favorite in the series
youtube.com/watch?v=xjbgj2V6-o0
my favorite of course

well I mean he nailed his mannerisms, like agreeing with Himiko just to make her seem guilty

To be fair he didn't direct the anime and supposedly gave a basic outline for the plot.
I don't see how he backpedalled, the points he makes regarding the ending are obviously there in the ending.

When you spent about 4 trials having to put up with his bullshit, you'll at least be able to understand how to act as him.

I really feel like they dropped the ball with the whole "Junko was behind everything every time, also anime brain washing lol" deal, they could've made it so other characters took the role of Ultimate Despair, sort of like showing that Despair is always going to be in this world as long as Hope exists, they had a nice chance with the Remnants of Despair but they kind of fucked that one up with DR3's origin story and by not showing or telling us about the things they did in order to spread Despair into the world.

DR2 chapter 5 is my favorite thing in the series, the track's intro really sets the mood for the case and it fits perfectly with the situation it plays in.

That's fair. Besides I often had the impression that Kaito was smarter than he let on.

I feel like trying to explain anything in the Danganronpa lore is bound to fail. Sure it's interesting but it's built on the idea of absurdism.

I feel like people (and maybe even Kodaka) miss the point of the series the second they demand an explanation for the backstory to a giant robot bear breaking buildings

DR1 wasn't that absurd until Junko's reveal.

Kaito was given an extensive script in chapter 5 that went over nearly every possible circumstance to go along with ouma's plan, he himself probably isn't good at impersonations

Kokichi was most likely working on it in the days in between in case the whole thing collapses.
Considering he thought of shutting of the cameras, he must have at least be aware that his whole plan could go belly up.

>DR1 wasn't that absurd until Junko's reveal.

Not him but you can argue that perhaps it's not as absurd till her reveal, but it still had a lot of over the top moments and absurdity in general prior to that. Topping it all off with Junko, her reveal, and everything then on, doesn't take away the absurdity from beforehand, even if it's greater in comparison. I do agree that Danganronpa 1 is probably the most grounded and normal game compared to the other games though, for what it is in comparison Good discussion. Night.

juzo made me gay

I wish they included alternate bonus killing games with the up-ports of the games. As in, DR1' where in Kiri dies first, and the plot goes off the rails, to give the minor characters more stuff.

My biggest pet peeve with DR is the fact that not all characters are created equal, even though you feel like they should.

Given the nature of the games, you can't really focus on all of them when some of them are going to die.

An anti-hero? I don't really know.
Seconding this, what *do* you call someone like Nagito?

A rival

yeah, but it'd be interesting seeing a togami/komaeda/kokichi type eat shit instantly and having a game that's more character oriented than a wild ride. That or making plot branches based on your daytime interactions, as in either A-kun or B-chan dies depending on what choices you made, although it shouldn't be obvious.

A new DR that's completely disconnected from any greater plot or meta wank would be nice.

That's the word I was looking for. Not sure how I wasn't able to think of it. Thanks, user.

that's basically how it was originally going to go in the alpha for 1
but I'd imagine it'd be hell to properly implement considering you'd need to a gorillian different setups for trials/dialogue/etc.
however if they decided to do mini/bonus chapters/trials that'd be pretty cool in all honesty

well they wouldn't have to do it for *every* case, they could just pick for example:
>Celes
>Ishimaru
they both have money related problems, the one you're closer to you get to assuage
>"You don't have to pretend to be an extravagant chuuni, people can love Taeko, and so can you!"
>"Your earnestness and dedication are all you need to get ahead, Ishi! Don't make the same mistake your grandpa made!" (This one is default if you speak with neither)
And that's it, novelty added.

If they went with 3D engine they would loose some art direction but they'd have a way easier time doing special scenes without having to redraw CGs.

All of the soundtracks from the games are really good.

They went full retard when they actually tried to explain the Junko despair autism causing the end of the world. Like have you ever seen any other portrayal of "despair" that causes people to become retarded junkies aroused by it?

what I'd like to see:

>madman either getting fucked or surviving the whole thing
>a madwoman that is not the main antagonist/mastermind
>a failed voting/blackened winning
>protagonist is the sole survivor
>blackened killing someone by complete accident (without a madman setting up)
>big muscle guy surviving
>someone successfully destroying/harming Monokuma
>the transfer student idea from V3 actually happening

the Cred Forums threads were got tier
the show on the other hand, while fun to watch with everyone, was shit

If they do another regular Danganronpa, I totally expect the next protagonist to be a proper murder victim.

It'd take this ; they making a new danganronpa game, not a sequel, but a reboot.

The despair bullshit was not necessary for the first game's setup, and shouldn't have become the onus of the series.