You can only pick one

Chrono Trigger, EASY PEAZY.

trigger i could of gone either way but i found trigger first

fpbp, this is no fucking contest

Ffvi, it's got a more rich cast of characters

Chrono Trigger

chrono trigger
final fantasy is a terrible series

Chrono trigger has a better story better content and more polish overall.

I do like the atmosphere of ffvi a bit more but that's not nearly enough to save it.

The staff of VI was so buttmad this literal B-team passion project BTFO of their efforts, they pulled yazuka shit at the top levels to reduce the marketing budget of Chrono Trigger.
Otherwise we'd probably be on CT IX by now.

>B-team
You're kidding, right?

I mean it's good but I feel like you just prefer CT because it's quirky and has Dragonball art.

Chrono Trigger, but FF5 over either of them.

The dream team was the only senior staff on the project. All of the devs were the people Square couldn't sacrifice over VI.

ff6 bnw

Well shit, that makes sense. I always wondered why CT's OST isn't accredited to Nobuo Uematsu.

Because most of the soundtrack was written by Mitsuda...? Uematsu just finished the soundtrack.

No, the gameplay, enemies, and story are simply more interesting.

This. Mitsuda worked himself into the hospital and Uematsu had to put the finishing touches on it.
He also worked himself stupid one night and accidentally deleted all of his work, forcing him to recreate from memory.
We lost potentially hours of additional Chrono Trigger music pieces in the process.

FF6

yeah chrono trigger. not even a question

>FF6
Gay whiny emo teenagers cut themselves and cry about their feelings

>Chrono Trigger
Goku and his pals fight a giant alien tick version of Cell and time travel in the process.

GEE, WHICH ONE SHOULD I CHOOSE?

>psychic pebbles pic
shows your underage

U mad

Both are great but overrated compared to many other JRPGs of that era that were equally as good if not better.

>chrono trigger
>overrated

It's pretty damn overrated. Literally baby's first jrpg during snes gen along with FF/DQ

>"CT is overrated"
>"FF5 is better than both"
We just need one more for contrarian retard bingo

Super Mario RPG

>Look mom i posted it again!

Needs an obnoxious SaGafag, but most of them are pretty chill.

he's right, though, i was a literal baby when i first played CT and it was my first jrpg

CT, easiest choice of my life.
FFVI is so awfully overrated, its easily the worst SNES FF, its almost as bad as II and VIII.

Unlimited SaGa isn't /that/ bad. Why is SaGa Frontier II so hard to find?

Trigger, hundy P bud.

I enjoyed VI's story and characters more, overall, but CT has its own charm. Frog makes me teary eyed erry time and his music makes me want to join the English army.

About equal in my mind. Chrono Trigger is more polished and has perfect pacing, while FFVI is less polished but has more content. I'll go with FFVI since I prefer it slightly now, but it changes depending on my mood.

I love VI, but Chrono trigger has a better magic and battle system, better characters, better music, was more innovative, had a more unique story, and a much cooler endgame. FFVI had a better antagonist, but Magus kind of evens that out since he's one of the best RPG characters of all time and serves as both partial antagonist and then optional team member. And yes the CT artstyle is much better than VI.