SMASH SWITCH

Where is it and who will be in it?

Other urls found in this thread:

mynintendonews.com/2017/11/05/nintendo-has-applied-for-cappy-trademark-for-merchandise/
m.ign.com/articles/2018/02/12/miyamoto-discusses-decision-to-work-with-minions-studio-on-mario-movie
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The cast of Sm4sh minus the DLC characters plus a few new characters.

Why wouldn't the DLC characters come back? Especially since Bayonetta is more relevant than ever

>2019 release (original was 1999)
>Inkling, Rex, Ribbon Girl, Decidueye, Rayman, Shovel Knight, Wolf, Ice Climbers, Sylux, Bomberman, maybe more idk (maybe Prince Sidon for a wtf character)

here i come

why wolf, why minecraft man, why reskinned samus

>keeping Meta Knight
>not adding any new Kirby characters
One or the other. Don't do both.

does bandai namco working on mp4 suggest a dark souls character and bigger partnership

Considering they were the devs for Smash 4 and there was nothing special from them, I'd go with no

Better question
Who is getting removed?

>no Roy
NO

>no Roy
NOPE

>no Roy
NEGATIVE

STOP IT

wolf: starfox zero and brawl
zss: different character, hard to pull metroid reps. only playable character in the series besides samus’ default controls. subtracting her isnt even up for consideration
steve: unprecedented popularity. self-explanatory. when it happens act like you hate it for a few weeks

not sure why metaknight would be removed on the fifth installment of smash? backwards

add captain toad then i'll love this roster

Why do you think Roy would return?

probably a few of the dlc characters
lucina will be moved to a marth skin
dark pit will be moved to a pit skin
dr. mario will be moved to a mario skin
thats it, only delusionals think anyone will get axed

finally someone with sense other than myself posts a roster. this is A. my only disagreements are nitpicky

Because he's been in half the games in the Smash series? Because he's accrued massive popularity with the Smash fanbase that there was outcry when he wasn't in Brawl? Because his source game is popular in Japan?

i used to put him in my roster, but for obvious reasons corrin, ike, and robin have priority. 4 is a fine number for FE

Doomguy
Skyrim man

Why would you want another link clone? What the fuck would cappy add to the game as a character in himself? Why would they ever even consider Banjo if he exclusively has games on a console by a competing company? What the fuck is with minecraft man? I would think that this is a bait post, but it doesn't have Ridley on it.
This is actually fine, but I would be very content to see Bayonetta go or at least get a complete rework.

Roy main here. The truth is that since Roy was purchased individually of the game itself, nintendo 100% for a fact knows how many people care about Roy based purely on how many people actually bothered to buy him. The fanbase voted with our wallets. I'd be pissed off if he didn't return, but since I know Nintendo knows how much people want that individual character, I feel rather comfortable in thinking he will be a mainstay from now on as well as Mewtwo and Lucas.

Don't think of it like "4 is enough for Fire Emblem", the point is to have as many characters as possible and make as many people as possible happy. I don't want a single character cut from the game and nobody else should either. I'd be very happy with a Smash 6 Roster only having Inklings as the only newcomer, if we got Snake, Ice Climbers, Wolf, Ivysaur, and Squirtle back.

What exactly makes you think they'll stop at 4?

give it to me straight. Should i just give up?

i will think of it like that, because the way i think makes sense. 4 is fine for fire emblem, and mario/pokemon/zelda get to have more

Definitely one of the most reasonable rosters I've seen in these threads. Not too sold on some choices like Chibi-Robo, but good job none-the-less.

>corrin
>priority
by the time Smash 5 does happen, he'll be replaced by the next FE Lord.

what are the chances?

I voted for him bro but yeah we should probably give up.

No, it makes more sense to be happy for each and every character that gets included. If a franchise gets bonus characters, good for them. You don't have to look at it as an insult to every other franchise. Plus, some franchises are easier to represent than others. Donkey Kong for example is represented very well by just two characters, it has the main guys you care about. Kirby only has 3, but those 3 characters are pretty much everyone in Kirby important enough to be considered anyways. It just to happens Fire Emblem has a lot more characters in it than any other Nintendo franchise. I personally don't care very much about Fire Emblem but that doesn't mean I want characters removed even if I hate Corrin and everyone who plays as Corrin.

>so dead people discovered Custom Robo isn't really Nintendo-owned series

>botw link
he focuses on runes like stasis, freeze, and magnetism. botw is a megahit like ocarina of time, and deserves a slot that lets us feel like we are playing botw. the 3 links on the roster round out the different eras of link.
>cappy
he’s set up to be a mario cast member like galaxy did for rosalina. im thinking he will either do very fast possessions or take the shape of possessed enemies. odyssey is such a joy to play
>banjo
it’s me being hopeful. they brought back cloud so i thought it was time to revive the characters of that era. for years he was as household of a name as link or mario. realistically speaking, you are correct
>steve
see above reply

i understand your argument but i have a different opinion about how rosters should reflect nintendo games

The only draw Smash has is people discussing/shit flinging about roster ideas. It's always disappointing and none of you should be hype for this shit at this point. I love Smash, but it's simply boring now because it's all blatantly done for maximum sales and little care for the actual game and gameplay in general. I'm not asking for Melee 2.0, I just want a game that feels nice to play even casually. The fucking items in 4 have no real impact and pose no threat if you just down throw up air people the entire game, and it's so slow to get back on stage that it's not worth chasing items around for any reason other than maybe a smash ball or that kirby ship that 1-shots people. The game rewards you for playing passive and like a bitch, and it shows even in competitive play. It's because of the garbage physics most of all, something no one cares to talk about. Ever since Brawl, they're fine with making these games control like ass.

>tfw Takamaru will never get a welcome wagon as glorious as Pit did in Brawl.
it hurts bros.

Not him, but given the state of Smash 4 and its loads of Fire Emblem characters, it seems Nintendo disagrees.

sakurai did not want to include so many, but was talked into it. in the next game he will be allowed to correct it

Will Sakurai ever be free of this franchise that is killing him?

Okay, so what do YOU think should be done?

Sakurai won't even be alive to direct the next Smash, I'm sure.

>who will be in it?
You all know it will happen.

Namco was the only third party company to get items, two even, but that still doesn't mean any of what that other user said.

characters should be added to the game based on importance/significance/recognizability in order to round out a selection screen that is both pleasing to look at and self-evident in its decision making

literally who

>the point of ex-costume characters is to be last minute extras due to differences and roster padding
>expects them to be kept for Smash 5 in playble form outside trophies
only delusional i see here is you

2/10

truth hurts doesn't it?

give me a music-based character like chorus men or squid sisters

unpopular opinion: i dislike greatly the idea of characters being placed under the “alt costume” category because it fudges the real number of playable characters and suggests those characters won’t be playable in future games with original moves. also lucina is a different human being than marth

>he’s set up to be a mario cast member like galaxy did for rosalina.
[citation needed]

It will be released just before the end of the switches life expectancy next year for "longevity"

So basically your criteria is something basically nobody will ever agree on, making it no better or worse than the current roster?

If you want importance/significance/recognizability then you can kiss Captain Falcon, Lucas and Falco goodbye. Same with Ice Climbers and Game & Watch, since the only reason anyone has given a shit about them in the last decade is because of Smash and they will probably never get a new game. I hope you like Pokemon because if we are going on relevance and popularity you're due for about four new playable Pokemon. Who do you even want from Mario and Zelda at this point? Fucking Waluigi and Toon Ganondorf? They pretty much have everyone important from their series at this point.

Plus, whether or not you care about Fire Emblem at this current point and time they probably are the 4th biggest nintendo franchise. This argument was valid when the game came out in 2014 but Fates, Echos, FE: Heroes, and FE: Warriors are all modern successes.

daily reminder

They did publish it and it is Nintendo exclusive, so it's possible they own partial rights to the series.

mynintendonews.com/2017/11/05/nintendo-has-applied-for-cappy-trademark-for-merchandise/
m.ign.com/articles/2018/02/12/miyamoto-discusses-decision-to-work-with-minions-studio-on-mario-movie

follow the signs. why else would he make a goggled garbled-talking hat and a rabbids game if he didn’t want to push mario games into humorous territory

agree. still think roy > marth and that every sb has gone downhill since

you’re getting carried away with what i said and assuming that i don’t like a diverse cast of characters that reflect different eras of nintendo. take a second to understand why someone wouldnt want to see 20 fire emblem lords on the character menu.

roy isn’t the main character of the series retard. do you think only luigi should be playable and not mario?

>smash 5

Sounds good, see you guys there!

Not an argument, lazyposter. If you have a position, defend it.

god damnit.

i meant in terms of control/gameplay, not personal preference. never even played any of those faggy weeb games

That's not a good analogy. It's more like Marth is the Warrior of Light and Roy is Squall or Butz.

yea it was re: dollar-store stefan molyneux

>signs
not a citation
even then, Cappy being Mario's new special is more real than him playable.

okay ill pick a new one for you. so you think cloud makes less sense than squall

A port of Smash 4 makes more sense than a new Smash for the time being. Add everyone who was removed (except maybe Pichu), add a new character from Mario, Zelda, Pokemon, and a surprise third party..

we will see if hes playable in the tennis game first

No, Squall makes less sense than Cloud.

Better question is how will it look? I've grown bored of the Wii/4 look. They're too safe. Also, why the FUCK isn't there any DLC costumes? Like some really wild, crazy fighter costumes along the lines of SF's? Someone else seriously needs to direct Sma5h besides Sakurai, he's too old and out of touch with the gaming community.

so now you get why marth > roy

I'm not the asshole you were talking too. Marth also isn't the most popular character anyway. The only people who actually like him are smashfags and kagafags, and the second group doesn't even exist in English.

>why the FUCK isn't there any DLC costumes?
all the development time was pushed to new characters, stages, some tourney mode, and Mii Fighter costumes

who is the most popular character then

your mom

FEshitters are not allowed to have opinions, sorry

can't be more delusional than some fag being attached to yet another cucked zelda antagonist.

If we're doing stupid final fantasy analogies

Marth = Warrior of Light
Roy = Butz
Ike = Cloud
Robin = Tidus
Corrin = Lightning

Ike won the popularity poll so hard that he came in the top five TWICE.

Just ignore the rosterfags, it’s not like Roy has any reason to get cut again and he’s a mainstay like Mewtwo and Lucas.

i get what you’re saying. at the same time it feels very weird to bump marth below ike in priority when marth arrived into smash first and stars in the most fe games

>Trinity
>Four characters are in the image

>stars in the most fe games
He's been in two and two and a half remakes. Ike has also been in two.

don't ask me about it

marth is more iconic to fire emblem. if ike was in smash first, id say ike was the lynchpin. marth is the face, and any slot past him is an addition ala pikachu:pokemon, link:zelda

>marth is more iconic to fire emblem.
No, he's more iconic to Smashfags. Nobody else cares.

why is FE in the west again

Because Roy is our boy, faggot.

this is self evident same as you are retarded

Roy main here
Roy is a good boy
If he gets decloned further he'll be amazing
I really want them to give him his own unique side B, that be cool

It's way too hard to predict what will be in Smash 5. It's not even going to happen until the Switch 2, so you're basically forced to guess what will happen of the Switches lifespan.

They're gonna do a port of Smash 4 with Ice Climbers and Inklings.

And then next gen we'll get Springman.

>mfw it's almost entirely reused assets and animations from Smash on Wii U
>mfw all the people who shit on MvC:I for the exact same shit defend it

Mario+Rabidds existence basically confirm that Rabbids are going to be in the roster.

>Smash 4 enhanced port
>Balance changes
>Inklings added
>Springman added
>Rex with a Pyra/Mythra switching mechanic added
>Ice Climbers and Wolf added
>All Newcomers come with a stage
>certain 3DS stages brought in in HD
would you be satisfied with this?

No. Why not add all the 3ds stages, instead of some of them? And you include all the DLC as part of the base game at least right? Everything else is good/alright.

I mean, if they don't hide it, then why would anyone care? MvC:I has more shit wrong with it than recycled animations and assets. Like the stuff that WASN'T recycled.

>Where is it
It will come when Bayonetta gets banned from smash 4.

For Scrubbery needs to be banned first

If Dedede buffs are included in the balance changes, then sure

Add squid sisters to smash so people will draw them more!

This is probably the most realistic new roster character list, though I'd remove Funky Kong from there and just add him as an assist trophy.

for glory needs a fix, final destination only is a stupid exaggeration. there's more to stages than final destination.

also, they need to let Custom Moves be used online as well. but lol, Sakurai said he didn't due to balancing bullshit

Mabye he can control assist trophies

I hope we get smash 5 instead of smash 4 deluxe

We won't

Good Gameplay was in half the games and te devs discarded it like it was nothing.

Most importantly the game comes out in 2019 at the earliest, 2020 or 2021 preferred. Call me crazy but give the Smash devs some time.
Add Bandana Waddle Dee, add Spring Man, add a couple other surprises (meaning nothing most people have been crying for) and that is it. I will feast on the tears of the splatoonfags, metroidfags, motherfags, goldensunfags, etc... And for the cherry on top, remove a couple of anime swordsman

>Splatoon 2 sold as good as the First in 1 Year
>ARMS barely surpasses the Million
L fucking mao

>I will feast on the tears of the splatoonfags, metroidfags, motherfags, goldensunfags, etc...
>Add Bandana Waddle Dee,
have a (You)

>When the lord from the FE game on switch gets in
You all know it's going to happen. I just hope Lucina gets cut to at least even it out.

crash bandicoot and dovahkiin for surprise third party, takamaru for odd retro pick, champion link, inkling, spring man
>cappy as separate character and not fludd replacement
>buzzswole rather than incineroar or decidueye
>shovel knight
>banjo
>corrin and cloud staying
>ice climbers
nah m8
agree with sylux, rex, spring man, and champion link. not sure if skull kid or wolf would be added.

Robin, the other new FE rep and Wii Fit Girl.

>all this zelda love
>all those zelda skins
>wonder red
>Hades
>Saki
>Dillon
>Doomguy
>Simon
>Snake back

My fucking dick. Great job, user.

*Corrin

If Nintendo wants to sell 20 million Switches by the end of this year, a port is far likelier. The only upside is that we could actually get a Gen 7 Pokemon rep instead of it being forgotten like Gens 3 and 5 in past Smash games.

have hope

>Splatoon rep is Squid Sisters instead of Inklings
I never knew I needed this until now

They'd probably be the most likely candidates for a second Splatoon rep, plus you'd be able to have Off the Hook as an alternate character similar to Olimar/Alph.

Can someone make an edit where meatboy isnt even on it?

He doesnt really deserve to be mentioned, fucking stock gamemaker high school project if i ever saw one.

How about making Pichu a skin of pikachu? It wouldnt be that hard to do.. just need to make all pikachus assets 80% their original size and replace the model.

I really want to play as Raichu using this same feature.

Knowing Sakura (if he's the one making it) he'll make him a character again based on the hit box difference alone.

Great cast here however theres some problems with your skins.

>Birdo
i'm assuming you're using as a skin to Yoshi? Where Yoshi uses his tongue for his grapple and standard special. Birdo doesn't have this feature, neither does she "lay" eggs.. only spits them.

>Ribbon girl & Marth
while obviously they're extremely similar I sincerely doubt Sakurai would want to throw away the characters femininity by using springmans and Marths more masculine movements/taunts just to let them be playable.

>Tom Nook
Villagers clumsy battle style doesnt suit Tom's personality whatsoever. Neither does it represent his character well at all.

>Pokemon trainer
We all know you've only used him instead of separating the 3 pokemon into their own slots to make your pokemon representation look smaller on the main roster.. I'd only ever be okay with it if there werent that diminishing attack power function

>Hero's shade, Demise, Dry bones bowser

oh fuck yeah

If there's puff buffs. IF.

>We've had at least 3 new IPs and not a single one is going to get in

Enjoy your stupid shopkeeper from Bayonetta

This with Snake please

>minus the DLC characters
They'd be shooting themselves in the foot. Bet your ass all the DLC is coming back.

>shopkeeper
He's a bartender faggot
Also canonically the strongest character in the franchise.