Are OHKO moves ever okay in video games?

I've recently been playing XX and hunting
Raging Brachydios. A lot of its attack will take a huge chunk of my health and some will straight up kill me at the maximum allowed health in this game even while I'm wearing G-rank armor. Do you think OHKO moves are ever okay?

yes

hahahaha nigga how is blastblight even an issue nigga just roll twice out of the way hahahah

That doesn't explain or really tell me anything.

Yes, because you can grind for armor to not get OHKO'ed. OHKO in many games are gear checks, and similarly high boss HP are DPS checks.

yes user. just go ranged with some randos and youll be fine. flash stun him to death or sleep bomb him. use ALL the tools the town and your crafting box gives you. in 4U i made his whole set after farming his ass.

yes because he is insanely slow and his movepool is a joke since it doesn't even have new patterns or attacks. It is an easier Brachydios

>insanely slow

Both Raging and regular Brachydios run faster at times. When I first saw it run like that I thought my game was glitching or some shit. Unless you mean their attacks in which I believe they sometimes attack faster as well.

That's untrue of OPs examples, where not even the best relic armor will save you from being OHKO

play world instead shitter

When we're talking about endgame bosses like Raging Brach, yeah OHKOs are fine, especially when they're as telegraphed as his.

World only has like 25 monsters, plenty of people have already squeezed the game dry of content.

but you have three health bars and he only has 1.

I can’t think of a reason it’s inherently bad that a game would do this. It is frustrating but so is difficulty in general.

Did you eat for defense and use armorskin/adamant seeds? If not then those hits may be survivable, and other hits won’t hurt as bad. As for your question, if you have done everything the game lets you to maximize your defense/health and an attack will one shot you, it better be some kind of slow and telegraphed shit otherwise fuck that

Did you make a good armor set with slime resist bonuses or something. Or use the gems sockets to get some extra defense.
I don’t remember exactly how it works since it’s been years from when I played Tri

>play the game with less and worse content
"No"

R.Brachydios is ok, but if you want to talk about unfair... Hyper Rajang can go fuck himself.

>slime resist

I didn't even know that was a thing in XX. Also why are Handicraft charms so rare in XX?

Pretty sure it's fine.

Brachydios in MHW fucking when?

This is not how it works in upper G rank MH

You're supposed to just not get hit

Usually attacks that will OHKO you through the best armor are the more telegraphed ones

>i can't git gut the thread

congratulations you're world audience

Fuck that, we need fucking tigrex first "friend"

I wasn't complaining though illiterate.

>play a solo hunt for 20+ minutes
>monsters starts to limp
>need the kill for mats
>get OHKO for the third time
yeah fuck OHKOs

but i respect games that instead of that will put you in a Danger state to have a chance at coming back

If I'm aware a monster has OHKO moves I end up fighting worse than I normally would, how do I get over this?

>>play a solo hunt for 20+ minutes
>>monsters starts to limp
>>need the kill for mats
>>get OHKO for the third time
>yeah fuck OHKOs
>but i respect games that instead of that will put you in a Danger state to have a chance at coming back

Learn how to dodge.

dodge doesn't save you from frame 1 and broken hitboxes shenanigans in MH

What weapon are you using? If you're really having trouble with positioning and getting one shot, use a more mobile weapon.

Hellblade Glavenus hits far harder and has a far harder moveset to deal with, and i beat him all the way to Hellblade 10.

get fucking good.

Then run an evasion skill, or a defense skill, or a set with decent resists, or any of the thousands of fucking options to make it so you dont die.
Or you can keep using min maxed sets for damage while the monster fists you because youre not good enough to use them.

yes it does, in XX and Generations, just put on Adept style and you can dodge through any attack in the game.

I think OHKO moves are okay in games where there's an easier version of the boss to practice on that has the same patterns in preparation for the real, high level one. It's all just pattern recognition at the end of the day. Sort of like how Touhou would be 100% bullshit if there was no spell practice room.

It also doesn't save you from excuses.

>1HKO
>MH
you have 3 lives per quest, you can never get ended in one failure. They are entirely fine

DB main so range is a pain in the ass
the fact that our best move keeps us stuck in position for 3~4 sec doesn't help either

CB sub but i don't find it as fun

uh-huu user, because we are clearly talking about the one odd game style that's never coming back in the series
and that still won't save you from frame 1s

how come every time someone talks shit about the shitty hitboxes in MH a defense force squad shows up to defend them?

>the fact that our best move keeps us stuck in position for 3~4 sec doesn't help either
I play DB a lot too, just don't do that move. Dash in, get a few hits, get out. Don't get stuck in the long combos, because yes, that's how you get one shot. You've got one of the most maneuverable weapons in the game, abuse it

ofc that's how you do it
what usually gets me OHKO is getting clip'd by some bs, light stun'd and that into the OHKO

also you fags assume that it keeps happening, tripe carting from OHKO has only happened like 3 times to me and only in High/G ranks multi hunts on solo
random insta carts are still fuking annoying specially when siting at full meters in XX tho

how is that a OHKO? you were clearly low enough that the "clip" put you into one shot territory.

so you're idea of a OHKO is being low, getting hit multiple times into a stun, and THEN getting whacked and killed?

I'm not defending the hitboxes user, I'm saying you adapt. OHKOs are rough but you get three carts and you can retry the quest, right?

>OHKO's are rough.

so few moves in MH one hit kill you in appropriate armor number to hunter rank that they can be listed on 1 hand.

I agree but apparently some anons don't. Personally I see no problem with OHKOs in any game, especially ones with unlimited continues.

what part of light stun is not clear?
i mean stuff like monster decides to move a little, get clip'd because reasons and that gets you into a knock back state at pretty much 100% hp, then depending on the monster's moves he can get a free OHKO because now there's not enough time to sheath and superman dive out of his giant attack hitbox

yes, you can retry, but the shitty part is that you invest so much time into it just to get OHKO by shenanigans