Zero Escape Thread

I just finished VLR, can we have a thread?

Other urls found in this thread:

siliconera.com/2017/12/27/japanese-developers-share-teasers-ambitions-2018/
youtube.com/watch?v=gFJ1r6_4mW4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Run from the series while you still can.

>can we have a thread?
But you just made one. This is like buying milk from the shop and then asking the shop keeper "can I have this milk?" after you paid.

I'm still gonna play ZTD and neither you or and Complex memes will stop me

Best "girl" coming through

C O M P L E X
M O T I V E S

I hope you enjoy it. ZTD is a great comedy game.

I wish Alice wasn't such a cunt

I’m sorry user but I’m afraid that there’s Zero Escape

Alice is the only video game related thing ever to make me upset and angry. I don't know if that was their intention or not, but if it was, it sure as fuck worked.

eagerly waiting for the thread you will make in a couple days asking what the fuck went wrong with ZTD

But the list of went right with ZTD is much shorter.

>in a couple days
You underestimate my ability to procrastinate
I played 999 and VLR on and off over the course a a few months

inb4
>hey

post your strongest ze menes

>absolutely hated Luna when I first started so I ignored her route and left hers for last
>gradually come to like her over the game and feel bad for betraying her

>people shit on ZTD
>brought us the best OC content on its during its release

I enjoyed and miss the ZTD threads.

I don’t have access to my ZE meme stash but I have a few pics saved

The game was the absolute worst, memes were the only coping mechanism capable of healing such deep wounds.

I liked how it ended. I didn't like the reasoning behind why it ended the way it did.

Makes me sad we will never have out black text boxes general again. They were the only times I actually saw them used for actual spoils consistently.

I miss the prerelease threads. So much hype and anticipation. The postrelease threads were fun but just for meme shitposting reasons.

So do I. I was here every day leading uo to the realease of the game. I remember we even had an oficcial shill from the publisher who posted hints about which character would make it into the game (He hinted Junpei and Akane and their respective teams weeks before they were announced).
And of course the collective joint realization of how terrible the game was as we played it. The insane amount of OC mocking the writing and the horrible plot twists were a thing of beauty.

I honestly think that the snake theory from those prerelease threads was correct and Uchi changed everything in ZTD because it became too popular

There are moments when a single game can make a series go extinct.
I'm sure you'll determine that eventually.

I remember some of the pics. That was some of the fun, trying to predict what would happen. Little did we know...

COMPLEX

Delta's reveal has to be one of the worst plot twists in gaming history. It's like a parody of plot twists. Uchikoshi truly is the Shyamalan of gaming.
I also love how bad the writing ZTD is, to the point where it retroactively makes VLR a gigantic and useless waste of time. Sigma and Phi do fucking nothing. Also it paints Akane as the dumbest and meanest bitch to ever exist. She went from being a cold and calculating mastermind to being a dumbass

Fuck yeah we can. Let me also go ahead and apologize for ZTD. We all felt what you're about to go through. So

>favorite character
>how did you feel about the ending
>did you enjoy the secret puzzles challenges

For me Siggy was my favorite character and he was honestly the best protagonist I have ever played as. Usually you're presented with a generic fill-in with little character for immersion. But Sigma was dynamic and full of life. Giving him a cat tick was a bold move, but it worked in a way to make him more loveable. I especially enjoyed hunting around for hidden dialogue gems with him and his perverted antics.

>trying to look at clovers ass when she looks under a table
>trying to get luna and alice to sit on a wet bench to see their panties
>swimsuit time
>the secret phone combinations in the sleeping quarters
>the scratch off swimsuit poster

About the only reason I'd replay VLR is just to document all the great sigma lines. I hated that he wasn't as funny in ZTD. I never want to play another ZE title after ZTD, but I would play another if he was the star.

For the ending, I was hooked. Couldn't wait to save the world as sigma. God I got burnt on that one...

and I enjoyed the extra puzzle challenges, granted some had me pulling out my hair to solve
>those fucking dice puzzles
But Uchi's creator notes were interesting to read.

Sorry, but I am done with playing the Zero Escape series... Because I grew up.

Oops wrong image

Snale being Brother would've been great. Maybe an old Sbake from the future who kept shifting with his past self and using future knowledge to shape the future or something.
Instead we get some old fuck with Complex Motives. I swear to god, you can pinpoint the exact point where Uchikoshi gave up

>ZTD so shit it did not beat the uchikoshi bingo

This. That bitch came out of a coma to betray my ass. After I had just stopped her from killing herself. Not only that but
>betray her
>you son of a bitch how could you?!?
>ally her
>hahahaha you're so stupid for allying

God help you if you ever get another hobby, friends, or a consistent job.

Uchi did admit at one point that some of the floating theories were correct. But the snake one made a lot of sense.

I have never gone from being alright with a character to absolutely hating a character as quickly as I did with tenmyouji...

>she became the quark/snake of ZTD
>the phiXsigma ship sunk like a rock
Worst damn thing Uchi did with that game was killing my ship in the worst way possible. Phi and Sigma had such great chemistry. They should've been the ones to save the world, without akane and junpei.

Top-right to Down-left, dummy

I plan picking ally, I’d never pick betray. I want to get out of here as much as you do. You plan to pick ally too?

>Out of the 9 participants in the experiment, 5 of them know each other
>3 of them are there with the knowledge that a brother will release the R7 virus
>The only possible canditates to being brother are the wimpy bowl cut guy and the grumpy creepy old vegetative man that has red glasses, purple eyes, is extremely old and just sits around observing everything
>The character live together for 3 fucking days before Zero makes his move.
>Despute all of their knowledge and the fact that Sigma, Phi and Akane are there with the express purpose of saving the world, not one of them bothered tonrin background checks in Mila and Eric, and not one of them suspects the obviously evil old man

Are Akane, Phi and Sigma the most useless "Genius" characters in gaming history? Junpei and Seven, with no knowledge of anything and no time travel bullshit managed to strike a bigger blow to Delta's organization than all three of those useless fucks ever did

>people losing their shit when a new character portrait was dropped on the crashkeys twitter
>theories flying around everywhere
It was like christmas in these threads. Operation bluebird and the TWEWY teaser site are the only time I've seen so many people on this board get hyped for something.

>favorite character
Luna, definitely
>how did you feel about the ending
All great, only part I'm a little iffy on is Sigma being old all along. I feel like somebody would have mentioned him being as old as Tenmyouji, specifically Phi
>did you enjoy the secret puzzles challenges
More puzzles to solve is always a good thing

So, while we're talking about Uchi's game.

He made some pretty bold claims recently that PSYNC is going to be the best adventure game in the universe.

siliconera.com/2017/12/27/japanese-developers-share-teasers-ambitions-2018/

What do you guys think? can he redeem himself or is every game after VLR gonna be shit like yamada yoshinobu's writing after cage of eden?

this comes up
youtube.com/watch?v=gFJ1r6_4mW4

fuck... feels out of fucking nowhere

I don't know if you noticed it, but there are scenes where the other characters drop hints that he's old. I'm sure someone will post them after this. But Dio calls him a senile old fart when he's trying to escape and sigma is holding him back. When phi wakes up in the elevator she calls him an old man. Then when he tries to claim that he's 23, she laughs saying he must have done a lot of drugs to look like that.

But he definitely should've noticed something was up. There's no way he didn't look in that water before and not see that he was old as shit.

>PSYNC is going to be the best adventure game in the universe.

I saw it. He’s doing the same shit he did when ZTD was going to be released. The difference is that I have zero expectations this time.

That said, I’m keeping an eye out for when more info on his game will be released.

RED HAIR GUYS!

Man, VLR is one of my favorite games ever. I wish they didn't drop all alot of the interesting plot points in ZTD like butchering Brother's character and ?.

Now that you mention it, I remember those
My first thought when it was revealed is that he should have noticed having a wrinkly dick

It's amazing how much bullshit uchi pulled out of his ass with ZTD.
>phi and sigma are father and daughter thanks to an alien fax machine
>she had red hair all along
>shaun is one of many clones whose memories get loaded to a cloud server that can transcend timelines
>junpie and akane are phoned in for the lols
>everyone can shift now

Can't destroy the hype that was never there... I'm surprised that we haven't heard more on it till now. It's been almost two years since ZTD.

Maybe if he teamed up with kodaka and did a collab game...

>3 days had passed due to the effects of radical 6
Surely they must have need to use the bathroom at some point. Not only that, but 3 days of sleep deprivation would've caused one of them to collapse. Especially sigma and tenmyouji.

You can still enjoy the puzzles in ZTD

Their difficulty wasn't anywhere near as challenging as VLR and 999 in my opinion.

ZTD and DR3 threads were the fucking best and the peak of this site

>DR3 threads
I miss them. Hard to believe it was a year and a half ago

【F】

Summer 2016 was too powerful

>mfw I played 999 the series 999>ZTD>VLR because I only had a PC
>ZTDs ending was garbage
>had the entirety of VLR spoiled for me by Cred Forums years prior
>it had the best twists
>only now can truly comprehend all the things that ZTD did wrong
Kyle is Gab

>He made some pretty bold claims recently that PSYNC is going to be the best adventure game in the universe.
>bold
quit spreading misinformation

“I believe that in 2018 we’ll be able to announce information on a project the Psync (tentative) project that is currently in development. It’s the best adventure game in the universe! Please look forward to it!”

He says it like an excited child, not like it will actually be that.

>Phi and Sigma the most useless "Genius" characters in gaming history?
VLR was all about teaching them to be SHIFTers, when Carlos learn it in 5 seconds and was better than those 2

>DR3 threads
>best
are you talking about the anime right? DRV3 is absolutely garbage and so were the threads

I was talking about the anime but DRV3 was fucking fantastic You're right about the threads being crap

>Carlos is ?

>V3
>garbage
You're very, painfully, wrong

What was the snake theory?

>played 999 and VLR a while after VLR came out and there where still black box generals
>do that project bluebird thing
>eventually the day comes and ZTD comes in the mail
>can't play it for a couple days, but see the overwhelming number of complaints
>never play it and keep my views of the Zero Escape series as a great game with a great sequel.

>>do that project bluebird thing
You created Bluebird?

nah, just took a picture of the two games and posted it

When I first played VLR I was absolutely convinced that dumb little kid was behind everything
Right up until the last moment I thought he'd pull some shit

are you talking about the game or the threads? the anime everyone could talk about every week and not get spoiled. the game threads on the other hand... pure unadulterated cancer.

If you google 'zero escape snake is brother theory' theres an image macro that shows up that explains it but shitty fireden.net isn't showing it to me so I can't post it, hopefully someone else has it

Quark is the shittiest character in the whole series because of this. Half the game he's in a fucking coma and he never does a single thing of importance other than being a plot point for Tenmyouji.

The whole point of the series is that every character has something to hide or discover, Quark has literally nothing. Maybe that's the point though. Still.

Game

holy shit nigger you fucked up big time. I feel you're pain about Cred Forums spoiling you. Some assjack spoiled the entire thing for me in a 3ds recommendation thread. Someone only mentioned that they were playing VLR. Even with most of the twists spoiled, the how it was possible still blew me away. It did have some fantastic twists though.
>the old woman is akane
>she was in the K suit in some routes
>sigma is an old man
>everyone has radical 6 and it's been 3 days
>tenmyouji is junpei
>it's 40 years in the future
>sigma can shift across timelines
>you're on the moon
>the world has already been destoryed
>sigma is zero
>K is your clone
>luna is a cyborg

I honestly feel like Uchi burned himself out with that one and he will never be able to replicate the greatness of VLR.

>bluntly stating something
>doesn't equate to actually meaning it
Him saying any of his games from this point on will be anything better than "good" will be a bold acclamation thanks to ZTD.

Look what you did Take it elsewhere boys this is a ZE thread not a trashy DR thread, go to the general for that shit.

>living in a blissful state of ignorance forever
I wish I had done the same thing. You're perception of the series will forever be a schrodingers cat. Is it shit? Is it okay? Won't know till you play it.

Same. I expected him to be a left clone or something. Such a throwaway character

>quark was replaced by shaun
>quark will most likely die on the streets because junpei is happily married to akane
>no one cares
Shitty end for a shitty character

So, can i play all of them on pc or is the HD ports shit?

Haven't played the nonary game collection, but they are all on steam.

Pretty sure the "They've met before" square counts since Sigma and Diana put the kids into the alien time machine thing.

It's important to have characters that don't really have anything important to add if a game is full of twists. If every single character is important then things become too easy to call and choreographed and you'll never be left on your toes. Quark just being some dumbass kid was good because the game makes you second-guess his nature constantly but it really is all he is.

>for him to be there his parents need to send him back in time as a baby to create the game to forced his parents to go through to be born
makes no sense man. like... what. never got a good answer for this for years now.

That's not the only closed loop in the series, you literally have to accept they're all bullshit and move on, it's time travel 101.

VLR is still the best game I've ever played after all these years

I really don't get the praise for VLR,
the characters felt significantly less real than 999,
and most of them just acted like complete retards until you found out a flimsy motive later on for them, and I can hardly remember a single track in the game, whereas I remember dozens of dialogue lines and most tracks of 999. Haven't played ZTD.

It was great but I still believe the twist is almost as retarded as ZTD's, I don't care how drugged they were there's no excuse for not noticing you're an old man with long gray hair and basically a can of tuna in your eye.

None of the lines from VLR stuck out to you? Vampires, 12 inches, mc tenmyouji on the mic, getting in a fight with an ambulance driver, none of these? I was laughing my ass off at certain points in VLR.

I will agree with the soundtrack, but the main reason for that is because it borrows a lot from 999's soundtrack. The only tracks I can remember are confession and bluebird lamentation, but that's only because they played them so damn much.

>in order for VLR to happen ZTD needed to fail
>if ZTD succeeds, VLR won't happen
The whole series is built on a massive time paradox. Delta and phi shouldn't exist at all.

>quark seems suspicious
>massive redherring
>dio is too blatantly obvious to be a villain
>is the villain
Gotta love Uchi

999 > VLR > Complex Motives: The Animated Adventure

VLR info dumps every twist it has to offer within 10 minutes and they keep throwing new twists one after another it completely destroys any suspension of disbelief the player had up to that point.

>in order for VLR to happen ZTD needed to fail
but it did fail in one of the endings which lead to VLR.

Right, but in a linear sequential timeline, VLR would not have occured since ZTD succeeded. VLR occuring is pivotal for ZTD to occur.

I thought the twists were fairly spread out, or I might have had better luck at going through paths that didn't reveal the twists early on. Granted I had the majority of the twists spoiled for me going into VLR. I will say though, that the locks were frustrating as hell. To have to back peddle when you're hyped as fuck to keep going really spoils the mood. You're not half as jazzed as you were when you just zap back to where you left off.

right game, wrong girl.

Blick was in a thread a few weeks ago,
said he'd try to set up an anniversary stream if someone gave him a date.

This was after I left the thread, sadly.

>the phiXsigma ship sunk like a rock
What, are you gonna let a bit of incest get in the way of true love??? You know she still wants daddy's 18 crammed into her little pi hole while mum watches

>pi hole
>Sigma's cock bends into an actual sigma
deepest

I can't seem to find that sprite image of inubushi keiko anywhere on google images. How do I acquire it? I need to give that girl a baby for her to potentially throw off a cliff.

There is a sprite rip for R11 floating around somewhere, google it
Or just screenshot the game

Reminder that:

999=VLR>Remember11>ZTD>Root Double>Ever17

>ZTD being better than anything
>Ever17 last
You contrarian fuckboy

ZTD: Divisive, but well paced, and not a lot of fat on the edges
Root Double: Amazing After route, slow as fuck SoL Before route
Ever17: Chicken sandwich eating simulator with only an amazing final route.

post Phi

Please stop. We just want to save you.

Is there a legitimate continuity to the time travel aspect of all the games? I'm kind of dumb and also never went back to look any of this shit up to make sure.

What do you mean by "legitimate continuity?"

Some damn good genetics Sigma and Diana had

No plot holes, everything makes sense if you trace it back to the initial events. No hand-waving or glossed over details

Then no, since the causal loop paradox is a basically one big "it just works" handwave

Uchikoshi intentionally uses paradoxes in the ZE narrative

But the time travel functions by moving consciousness between multiple universes so in a sense, the premise sidesteps the actual paradox