youtube.com/watch?v=ZAuEof-jZTs
nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/62971
youtube.com/watch?v=HP8waymEdYQ
nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/35526/?
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Are you a maker of war or peace?

Yes

Pizza.

I've been wanting to replay it so bad, but I don't have the time (or patience) to mod it to satisfaction.

is there a torrent for a perfectly modded NV? or a way I can pay someone for it??

Go back to /vg/ retards

bump

>finally decided to play NV for the first time a few days back
>somehow sunk 30 hours into it by the time I spoke Lanius down and tossed the general from the dam
This game is just as fantastic as Cred Forums says it is, I can't believe a recommendation from this place turned out to be worthwhile.
Sunset Sarsaparilla is the best drink on god's green, irradiated earth

bumping my post because I REALLY NEED THIS, GUYS PLEASE

How much time until fallout 4 new vegas is done

2 years

kys namefag

cry more loser

what's the most evil faction in FNV?

bumping again.

actually consider suicide namefag

good thread

Since we actually have some decent discussion going on in this thread, can we talk a little bit about the music in New Vegas?

We all know that the default radio songs weren't chosen randomly, and that all the songs are symbolically linked to either characters or themes in the game. Most of them are fairly obvious, like Ulysses being Johnny Guitar, but I've always been curious about Big Iron, specifically the identity of Texas Red.

The Arizona Ranger obviously refers to the NCR, and the "Big Iron" at his hip refers to the NCR-aligned Courier, the greatest weapon the NCR has in the Mohave. Texas Red isn't quite as clear. You might think maybe Texas Red refers to the Legion, since they're the greatest threat to the NCR in the Mohave, yet the Arizona Ranger is the aggressor in the song, and Texas Red has really done nothing wrong (he's claimed to be an "outlaw", yet all his kills are in self-defense). Obviously this isn't a strong parallel with the Legion, who are hardly passive and defensive, they're constantly on the attack. So who IS Texas Red? My only guess is that Texas Red refers to the Wastelanders or Tribals of the pre-NCR Mohave, who are getting pushed around by the NCR.

What do you guys think?

Play vanilla retard

the brotherhood

What was your character build?

White Legs

pastebin.com/KjuJWJMz

I think you need to shorten that shit down to 2 sentences or less.

They know they'll get owned by us fo4 fans, Cred Forums is the safe space for obsidiots

White Legs did nothing wrong.

Is there a list of recommended mods of FNV anywhere like how the /vg/ Elder Scrolls thread has a big list of Skyrim mods?

I made a pastebin for a "vanilla +" experience.

>be me
>purchase vr headset
>purchase fo4vr
>haven't pleated fo4 since launch, never even beat it.
>within 10 I remember why I never beat it.
fuck it's so bad, its so fucking bad it hurts..

Bump, I wish that THIS is what creation club was. I'd pay a monthly fee for a perfectly modded NV, 3, skyrim.
10 for 200+ mods and it Just Works (tm)

yeaaah dude, totally...

>come back to NV last week
>get my headphones and decide to make a new character but make it a self insert, with stats that would fit me IRL instead of making a specific build
>don't skip any character's dialogue and take decisions as if I was taking them personally
>having a fucking blast of a time
>eventually become pretty powerful anyway and it's just easier to kill people straight up
I'm addicted to it, immersing myself into the world and thinking things through to avoid getting killed or convincing people not to kill each other was very entertaining.
Other than hardcore mode is there any difficulty mod I should try?

I never thought about it in-depth but I figured big iron was the player and texas red was mr house or something

I know what you're talking about

>30 hours
You have not explored enough.

Good. Now you have another 70-100 house to play the obligatory god tier DLC and do a few more playthroughs for other factions or RP. That’s not even to mention all the extra shit you could mod into it adding another hours of shit to make it your most played game. God I love New Vegas

It gets better for the next 5 or so passthroughs

The Kangz

Fiends actually are just evil to be evil through. The Legion and Powder Gangers at least have justified/understandable reasons for what they do

Try Dust. It's a survival/hardcore mode overhaul

You know what time it is faggots

murdering corrections officers with dynamite, and then using it to rob caravans is justifiable how?

Rolling... original

Bump still haven't gotten what I want

who died and put the NCR in charge?

The Old World

holy shit, this thread made me want to replay so bad downloading rn.
this is the ceme on top saving image.

ROLLING

Rolling guitar.

Let's do it

if they're in an NCR prison then i assume they committed crimes on NCR land.

project nevada

the game that keeps on giving

New Vegas is my favorite game, I even make custom memes for it!

Has anybody else had a glitch where your cursor doesn't work in menus for some reason?

Huh.

>us fo4 fans
And the nomination for the proud faggot award goes to... (you)

>create a new character for the 457th time
>kill benny and reach to the point where i have to choose a faction
>drop the game
>cycle repeats

Why? why do i do this?

Roland

you're going too fast, you're supposed to explore in between each major story event. for example, the prison in between goodsprings and primm, forlorn hope and helios near novac, etc.

i do that.

Here's hoping for a House ending

then you're an indecisive manchild therefore you should choose Yes Man and get it over with as soon as possible.

neat
making me want to re play

nigger what the fuck you keep bumping for? nobody would upload a modded version of the game because that means the seeder lied and thus is not a safe file like one intended not only that but there is this word called TASTE so they could play with some uther shit mods they love but you hate, what do you want and maybe i could tell you if i already liked it.

Sweet Roll

Can his actions be justified?

rollin rollin rollin

Rolling for goodness roll

He ain’t gotta justify shit. Courier didn’t have to follow him to the Divide and confront him. From an in-character standpoint, the only reason to pursue Ulysses is curiosity alone. He even tells the Courier they can leave whenever want, multiple times.

Legion is the lesser of two evils. NCR needs to be wiped out before they continue to spread further.

The only reasons I can imagine people don’t like Ulysses as a character is that they either don’t like dialogue or they don’t like the thought of another character being on par with their Courier.

youtube.com/watch?v=gcEQh9zhs-Q

this guy has the perfect responses

fuck it why not

Dead Money > Old World Blues > Honest Hearts > Lonesome Road

I did this erp with a Ranger and a female Legion spy and it was hot but at one point the guy disappeared and never came back and I'm sad because he was a great rper and now I don't know where to look for rp period because most people are illiterate tards. This doesn't really belong in the thread but I just wanted some place to vent and this was halfway related.

I can't. /fog/ is just waifus and unfunny memes. And Trainwiz trying to shill his awful mods.

It's better without mods

eh

>kill everyone except the two scientist in the plant
>go back there some time later
>legion has now taken over the plant
>mr fantastic is wearing legion gear saying rome is great
>Ignacio is lying on the floor dead

years later and i still find new wierd shit like this.

>only 30 hours

i take it you have not touched any of the dlc yet?

Love the nice little touches like this. I expected him to have the Dead Man’s Hand when I first found this.

>tfw cant commit to character
>spent 30 minutes every time i level up trying to decide perks and stats between how to roleplay, what quests im about to do and what items i have.
>end up choosing shit that benefits me in the moment but locks me out of interesting perk choices later

i used to be so goddamn good at roleplaying.

oh well back to starcraft.

Alright

Rate my chinese ninja druid

>Try Dust.

>Start up Dust
>Finish making up my character
>Go outside with no armor, weapons or items
>3 to 5 people ready to 1 shot me (and they do, several times)
>the nearby mailbox is a bomb ready to detonate near my already swiss cheeze-like body
>Die
>Autosave kicks in
>Outside again, the mailbox explodes inmedietly
>Autosave kicks in
>Autosave kicks in
>Autosave kicks in
>Autosave kicks in
>Autosave kicks in
>Autosave kicks in

>I didn't have another save to go back to
>Close game

NO.

>Not just Min-Maxing

this post perfectly distills why these threads should be banished to /vg/

>bitches you out for accidentally blowing up the Divide, wants you to know actions have consequences regardless of whether you're around to see them or not
>told Caesar about Hoover Dam, starting a war that has killed thousands
>armed the White Legs, taught them how to fight properly, then got them to wipe out New Canaan
>told Elijah about the Sierra Madre and saved Christine's life in Big MT
>almost broke the conditioning on the Think Tank, only avoided unleashing them on the world because they willingly erased their own memory of the meeting

He's got a lot to justify, what with being a massive fucking hypocrite and all

New Vegas DLC is fucking trash and the only way to properly play the game is to ignore it

Please hang yourself.

If you build your character correctly you can pretty much take every perk and max every skill, don't limit yourself

New Vegas is a well designed, believable world balanced around playing without DLC
the DLCs inflate your progression and feel like cartoony MMO quest hubs instead of a world (except Dead Money, which feels like a PS1 survival horror game)

It’s stale pasta.

The whole point of the DLC was that he was a massive up his ass autist and if you have Max Speech you can make him admit it and stop being such a little bitch

I dislike him because he is the post apocalyptic equivalent of a school shooter.
Crying about how everyone is mean and about how empires fuck up and end. This somehow justifies him nuking things. God he is such a little bitch, and the worse thing is that he thinks he is the most enlightened one in the world. It's good he already has a trenchant cause he only needs a fedora now to get the edgelord outfit to match his personality.

See here

Sounds like the lesson he tries to teach you comes from first hand experience on his part. Moving forward, blindly, without thinking of repercussions got his whole tribe fucked and I’m sure he partly blames himself for that.

How can you list all that shit he has done throughout the course of the game and not think he is a great character? Flawed yes, but so are all the other best characters like Elijah, Joshua, and Lanius.

how can anyone be this indoctrinated by obsidian's shit writing

Okay, give me an example of a well written character then.

No whammies

mr house

Ay

Can someone explain why my gun flies up in the air sometimes? restarting the game fixes it, i dont know what causes it, ive had it happen a few times

Only happens with 2h guns

You're a wizard, Harry

Why are you shitting on Obsidian writing one minute then praising one of their characters the next?

I like House, but what makes House a well written character compared to the others I listed?

Looks like a Weapon Animation Replacer and 1st Person Animation mod conflict. What gun is that?

cowboy repeater

Are you using both Weapon Animation Replacer and a 1st person animation mod?

Yup, Gopher's fomod and New Vegas enhanced camera
nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/55334

>I like House, but what makes House a well written character compared to the others I listed?
the new vegas DLC characters are bad because they talk way too much and they're exposition dumps. That's bad video game writing. Ulysses by far the worst because he's a mouthpiece for the frustrations of the author which are being taken out (undeservedly) on the player
I think Mr House is probably the "best written" character in New Vegas because he works well with the bethesda style conversation system. He's a know-it-all behind a computer which you can exhaust your question tree on and he'll berate you for saying something dumb. Caesar could have been a good character like House but he feels completely non threatening in the context of the game, you can say almost whatever you want and he won't get mad or attack you, there's nothing that inspires fear about him like he's supposed to

Are you using Mod Organizer?

Caesar has the most options to make him angry or outright hostile in the whole game

Next playthrough I'm launching all the nukes, just for you baby.

>Mr. House
>one of the big boss faction characters
>can be killed as soon as you get to the Strip
>nobody notices he is gone, even if you don't install Yes-Man

Yup

Fomod at 29
camera at 24

>Yes Man = Helios
>House/NCR = Morgan
>Legion = Tracer Tong
Is this correct?

>Mr House
>has had exactly zero personal contact with the outside world
>exists largely as a mythical figure because no one knows who or what he is
>nobody notices he's gone because he didn't do anything except collect taxes

yeah that's a problem with the reactivity of the game, the character himself is alright

you have to go pretty fucking far to get there, the average street punk in Fallout 2 is more threatening than Caesar dialogue wise, like what about the mob bosses who you had to talk to politely to avoid pissing them off?

Try moving WAR under WMX. If that doesn’t work then try opening up the filetree for WMX and then go to: > meshes > characters and then right click hide both the _1stperson and _male folders

il give that a shot ty

I’ll give you a point on the fact that dialogue with House feels a little more organic than the DLC characters because you can come and go to chat at your leisure. He also won’t discuss certain things with you until you make more progress with his quests which gives it better pacing.

The DLC characters usually have a lot of dialogue crammed into single encounters that you can’t get again, but I personally don’t mind since I find almost all of the dialogue interesting.

But you’re just wrong on Caesar, he will threaten you and berate you if you say the wrong things or make choices in game that he doesn’t approve of. Off the top of my head; bothering him during one of his tumor episodes, refusing to work for him, fucking up any of his covert operations, bringing up Joshua Graham, attacking Benny without his permission first. Might be missing some.

Also, if I recall correctly, Elijah straight up detonates your collar in Dead Money if you refuse or insult him

>Star playing New Vegas
>Spend 8 hours or so playing it on my first day
>Next day the game decided it would be fun to be stuck on loading screens so I can't continue where I left off
I'm bitter about this

he berates you, he doesn't kill you. that makes him look like a complete pussy who can't put his money where his mouth is. A random guy on the street will attack you in an old Fallout game if you tell him the wrong thing. If you disobey, hinder or insult a tyrant he should kill you on the spot most of the time
The DLC have some interesting story concepts but they're all told entirely through exposition which just makes it objectively bad storytelling for a video game. They had this idea that the DLC would be like short stories in the Fallout universe but the bethesda engine doesn't do stories, the only thing it does well is exploeration

Should be pretty easy to fix on PC

With mods I take it?

No, with magic and good intentions

He has his Praetorians attack you if you refuse to work for him twice or if you try talking to him during his headaches twice. There aren’t very many characters of any importance that will attack you for the wrong dialogue choice in the 3D games, but the few times it actually happens are pretty well done and reasonable.

I do agree though that Caesar should have had more opportunities to anger him enough to attack. But then again, by time you first meet him he has some meadsure of respect and admiration for the Courier. And he really isn’t all that unreasonable for a tyrant.

OP Admitting NV is for degenerates.
Thats what i call self awareness. Good job.

Depends, is your game already heavily modded? What were you doing in game before the infinite loading started happening?

re-instal the game. worked for me.

No mods, pure Vanilla with story content DLC. I was doing the quest for the chain gang to find out whatever or not the NCR would attack. I was just about to return the quest

>playing without YUP
No one to blame but yourself

I'm not paying for no mods.

>being too retarded to see you don't need to pay for Nexus membership
Digging deeper and deeper

Yeah, the vanilla game has a lot of weird bugs like this. I would recommend at least getting some bugfix/utility mods like New Vegas Anti-Crash, Stutter Remover, YUP Unofficial Patch and ENBoost.

If you don’t want any mods then you can try to verify the game cache through Steam or reinstall. Also, try turning off the wait/rest/etc. auto-saving in the settings and only do manual saves.

Well in this case I am retarded because I thought you needed to select one of the options on the site.

Anyone else hyped for Fallout 4 New Vegas? if its anything that they say its going to be then Im all in for purchasing FO4 just to play it. Do they have boob physics yet?

Nah man. Just create an account, download a mod manager and get these couple of mods: You sound like you are new to modding so you might have to watch a YouTube tutorial to set up the mod manager and ENBoost. But the YUP Unofficial Patch, Anti-Crash and Stutter Remover mods are pretty straightforward one click installs.

>fixes
4gb Loader, New Vegas Anti Crash (NVAC), New Vegas Stutter Remover, Yukichigai Unofficial Patch (YUP), Unofficial Patch Plus, Lonesome Road True Faction Allegiance, Melee Reach Fix Ultimate, Ultimate Invisible Wall Remover, Collision Meshes, Tutorial Killer, Passive Startup Messages, JIP Improved Recipe Menu

>graphicals
Vanilla UI Plus, Improved LOD Noise Texture, Enhanced Camera, Centered 3rd Person Camera, Hall of Face, HD Hi-Res Worldview Weapon Textures, Clarity

>gameplay/content
JSawyer Ultimate, Uncut Wasteland, Economy Overhaul

No way am I wasting space for a nostalgic faggot's pipe dream

Really looking forward to it. Downloaded 4 last week just to get used to the mechanics and mods in preparation, though I’m sure we will be waiting on that for quite awhile.

Is your pic from a new video or just teaser screenshots?

>A 9 and 12 year old game both have boob physics while a game that's only three years old on an "improved" game engine doesn't
YOU CAN'T MAKE THIS SHIT UP

How well does JSawyer Ultimate and Economy Overhaul play together? I can’t remember if or how JSU edits the trading or repairing values.

I've played this game numerous times and it's the first time i've ever come across Boone's companion quest.
I am excited but I don't really expect it to be great. At least decent.

Oh no I'm not new to mooding. But back in 2011 when I want to play through both Fallout 3 and New Vegas you didn't need an account to get mods.

It's an updated version of JSawyer with a few extra mods tacked on. JSawyer itself doesn't alter the economy in any way. Should work fine

>can't get Tales from the Wasteland to work
fuck. I wanted to spawn Butch and Vulpes to fight.

>10 Int, 5 everything else
I wish my obsession with multiples of five didn't exist.

search for New Vegas DARCK edition it's pre-modded just gotta torrent and install

just finished the most evil playthough of a yes man route.

killed everyone that disrespected me, and whoo baby was that a lot of people.

>Killing the Think Tank

You MONSTER

haha penis epic get it? guess that's why they call this place randumb those wacky sciences

they violated rule #1

>Don't disrespect #1

I wish that the SPECIAL system didn't force you to put numbers into one of the categories even if it doesn't fit a character. Like if you wanted a '1' rating in everything for an exaggerated example.

>1 INT, 10 LUK.

god put me into this world as a joke

>Enemies have endless ammo and half hit you with one bullet
>They also hit almost all shots
>Save every two steps because traps everywhere
Still loved it

Started a science/energy weapons playthrough. Are there any good early game energy guns? I'm sick of using this fucking laser pistol.

With GRA you can get a fully modded Laser and Plasma Pistol out of Chet before leaving Goodsprings. Then it's just tacky shit you find on Bright Brotherhood corpses, if you find them. Mostly busted up pistols and Recharger Rifles.

Talk to the Travelling Merchant that spawns at the base of the road that leads to Mojave Outpost, they might have a Laser Rifle on them. Or a Tri-Beam GRA you can't afford

Incinerator breaks the games difficulty. Too strong even without specalising into it and is given too early. You can simply ass blast your was out of every situation.

And then you run out of Flamer Fuel

Recharger Rifle is okay, degrades quickly though. Earlier on I prefer converting all my ammo to the plasma one for the plasma pistol, use it for the hard enemies and keep the recharger rifle for most things. After you get the laser rifle you can convert all your ammo back to the energy whatever it uses

>I'm gonna put a hood over my latex ninja suit
>that way I'll be extra sneaky and people won't know it's me

The thinking man's plan

i like your style my man

I think there's a recharger rifle in the goodsprings cave

i think i broke my game with mods it won't even load past the title in vanilla now

This happened to me. I solved it by loading the oldest save file and then loading the one I want

already got burned on project brazil they will make like 30 minutes of game play then give up

I always related Big Iron to Ghost Town Gunfight

What. How does Johnny Guitar relate to Ulysses.

What option did you use to get Elijah to come down to the vault?

I think I always just threaten to destroy everything in there. I don’t even remember the other choices.

[NCR] If you want to kill NCR, that's fine with me.

Dead Money would have been better if you didn’t know it was Elijah until the vault scene.

Installed a bunch of mods but my NV runs at double speed. what do?

Go to REPCON HQ, get the unique plasma rifle and a pile of ammo. One easy hacking and no combat required.

Some combat and lockpicking is required, but it's not hard to get the unique laser rifle from Vault 22. It's in the lower half of the staircase blocked by a cave-in, next to a skeleton.

Fiends around McCarran have a chance of spawning with a laser RCW.

Whatshisface in Novac might have a recharger pistol for sale, and the GRA unique recharger pistol which is hideously overpowered and benefits from laser and pistol perks.

Or get ye some frag grenades and liberate the unique gauss rifle and a suit of advanced combat armor from mercs camped near Horowitz Farmstead.

Get punched n*zi

Dead Money would have been better if they had an editor go through the story instead of using the first draft.

React twice as fast

What’s wrong with it

twice as much story as there should be for the length of it

Reminder that Dean Domino did nothing wrong.

>be Legion "citizen"
>wife gets raped and used for breeding
>also get raped
>die of AIDS because Legion laugh at modern medicine

Laden with plot holes and clashes with the game and the Fallout canon one too many times.

Would New Vegas be a better game if Legion was more reasonable faction?

Nice fanfiction, NCR conscript with two weeks of training.

What examples do you have

That's a viable tactic.

A nomadic army doesn't have citizens

Another non-argument. Feel free to continue with your baseless slander though.

If you're one battle away from defeat, like when USSR was at Moscow. The moment they could afford breathing space they started training their troops and issuing them automatic rifles and body armor.

Legion doesn't rape its citizens.

Have some pasta

Why was FNV so week compared to FO3 and FO4?

>It's not rape if you can't say no.

Because Bethesda only works on Mondays.

Yeah, it's not rape if they have no rights in the first place

Not for the NCR. It's also a pretty horrible thing to throw your own citizens into the meat grinder for the sake of expansionism, regardless of the tactical worth.

give me some character ideas

current character is a guy named pon raul with speech energy weapons and explosives tagged. i have an idea of his backstory (ron paul parody based on campaign leaflets) but no idea what perks would complement that.

Did that guy not talk to Yes Man or Benny? jesus

>So who IS Texas Red?

Texas Red would be a House Aligned Courier.

It's an extremely poor attempt to reuse a pasta making fun of FO3.

Fight the power I'd imagine (go for an independent Vegas state ending)

start new game, then as doc mitchell is talking load the save file you want

Start new game, skip Benny shooting you, then load game, that's the only way NV works on my computer.

I notice it now. Stopped reading after the first sentence.

Do you happen to have this 3 pasta?

Bastard!

Yes, somewhere. Stand by.

Why and how did the NCR drain all their lakes already?

Imagine actually calling yourself a Bethesdabro like its something to be proud of and calling everyone that likes NV a obsidrone even tho most people who played it never touched another obsidian game in their life.

Some good points. Some fucking stupid ones too but some good ones.

Because they do things without thinking them through. And it wouldn't be hard, California is a fucking desert. Any time it doesn't rain properly they start running out.

After all the bombs, 80 years of presumably sitting unused and 120 years of being mismanaged by NCR, it's not a big stretch to say they've just run out.

This is kind of funny though.

Rampaging autism aside, if you are concerned about consistency all of those points are valid. If Obsidian didn't have the time to deal with them, they should have avoided them. OWB managed to have better world story cohesion than this and OWB affects nothing in NV at all.

Skyrim has boob, ass and belly physics with the power of HDT, there's hope for 4, at least in that sense.

urk

post your fav companions

Wouldn't the Enclave also not be able to drink the water as well? Even if they could, their children wouldn't be able to drink the water. I still don't get the Enclave's plan beyond a retarded computer being retarded and Colonel Autumn being comically evil for no reason.

Did this game convince anyone else to become a Latter-day Saint?

Because it's a bastardization of the FO2 plot. In FO2, the Enclave plans to release a modified strain of FEV that will blanket the Earth and kill absolutely everything. Not just mutants but regular humans (Vault Dwellers) as well.

In FO3, Eden wants to do it by infecting the local water supply but his strain only kills mutants. Even though poisoning water is still absolutely retarded when you're talking about something called the Forced Evolutionary Virus.

If you are willing to fundamentally alter your beliefs due to a video game character then I don't know what to say.

DELET THIS

that only says he's impressionable and that his "beliefs" were not concrete. You can't say for sure he was a hardcore atheist who read Richard Dawkins or some gay shit all day.

>30 hours
>General is dead
>30 HOURS

>Because it's a bastardization of the FO2 plot. In FO2, the Enclave plans to release a modified strain of FEV that will blanket the Earth and kill absolutely everything. Not just mutants but regular humans (Vault Dwellers) as well.

Ah, thanks, I missed that because I haven't gotten to FO2 yet, still working on 1.

where's this from? Some kind of porn right? I only remember that I hate fapped to it, other than that the details are fuzzy.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZAuEof-jZTs

>cool places
>Rockopolis
It's literally an empty cave the size of a small apartment with no loot but one body that plays a minor role in an unmarked quest.

Should I use FNVLodgen?

what town is that

You'll have a blast with 2 if you like choices that have consequences and wacky humor. I turned my protag into a kung-fu champion mafia pornstar. Good stuff

Not him but Nipton, you can see the Mojave Outpost statue at the top right.

In Nipton you can find a plasma rifle and laser rifle also the Laser RCW can be found in the Bison steve hotel in Primm and if you want to try your luck you can find a plasma rifle in one of the graves in Yangtze Memorial, the spawn is random tho.

This guy keeps following me

It's Nipton

Nipton a.k.a. that town you visit once and then never again

Fuck me, I didn't realize that was the town hall on the right.

The town of Our Freedom

I would copy and paste my modlist, but too many characters lol

play ttw, if you haven't already. nv gameplay mechanics with f3's world make it an actually balanced, fun survival open world game. when you're ready, you can always come back to vegas

also, I modded a lot of the content in myself, it's always much more satisfying than just grabbing mods from nexus

How suicidal does Dead Money make you if you don't have Light Step?

Just take God, explore and disarm every trap before moving on with the main quest

For me. I like to run an immersive build that's as close to real life as I can. I would run something like Realistic Weapon Damage mod. It's a one shot for you in head, couple shots in chest. Same goes for all the monsters etc. It totally negates NV's RPG mechanics cause it breaks skills/perks etc. But if you want to try an atmospheric/"realistic" playthrough, I'd recommend RWD

Ooh, a vegan woman. Well, that explains the hate fap. thanks user

Does this boost armors to compensate or is just magic gun memes for people who have played far too much already?

That just goes to prove that Obsidian is self aware of spell checks and was satirizing itself. Masters of writing.

>namefag
>animeposter

Nice bait.

Honestly can't remember. Haven't played in a month and the description of the mod is vague. Pretty sure it does because it states robot armor is more resistant as well. Anywho, there's also this one (I haven't tried yet) that claims to also make armor effective
>nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/62971

Can anyone recommend a mod that has like higher res character hands? Also gun skins would be nice. Cause this weapon checking mod is useless without it.

any sex mods as well?

dude you really need some texture mods because your game looks.. weird, at best
>pic rel Fallout NV on my old PC with some mods here and there

And no
I never used hand-texture mods

are you running that on low or something jesus christ

>Maiddragonfag
>Namefag
>He has shit taste

Very unsurprising.

Teach me your ways senpaitachi. I run on medium and have one low end enb I installed. I need this game to look good even if it runs like shit. I just want to take some screenshots

first and foremost, the most important thing:

sex mods

there's quite a few sex mods on loverslab, I'm not quite sure about the process of installing them since I never wanted to put them in my game, but that website should get you up and running. Be weary though, don't let the sex mods ruin your gaming experience. You don't want to reach a point where the sole purpose you're booting up the game is to get your sex fix. Also, if you're in the mood for more perverse things such as lolis check out allthefallen. As for higher res character hands, I'm not quite sure if such a thing exists. Maybe one of the character overhauls changes hand textures, but I'm not sure. As for weapons, try out WRP - weapon retexture project. It changes most (or at the very least, a lot) of weapon textures to give them a bit of a sharper look. If your rig can run it, I'd also recommend various other texture packs such as NMC's texture pack (there are 3 different options, each one taxing your gpu and cpu a bit less than the one before, if your computer can't run the highest resolution texture pack) and hi-res chems and health (this one is a lot less taxing, you should be able to run it without any performance drops)

I'm not really a pro modder, but I hope that helped.

I laughed so hard I farted

That's reassuring.

Steal the laser rifles off the dead brotherhood paladins just past hidden valley going to black mountain

A glooming peace this morning with it brings.
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head.
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things.
Some shall be pardoned, and some punishèd.
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Juliet and her Romeo.

>tfw you thought you played NV but you were just remembering Fallout 3 so now you get to play NV for the first time
pays to be a casual sometimes

>are you talking about caucasians when you mention white legs

fucking died

Would you guys recommend using cirosans classic overhaul mod?

"I want to have my revenge"
"For who"
"Against Caesar"
"For killing Christ?"
"Yes."
"And how do you plan to do that?"

fucking died right there

"yes".

>allthefallen
Don't they have like actual kid shit on there and not just Lolis? I use loverslab for some shit. But I can never get rex to mount me. Had one mod where you can meet people in random places and they'd give you a quest to fuck their animal and have it's babies. Pretty broken mod but eh, it worked. Also thanks for the info

holy shit, i always had to hold out for the laser rifle in nipton.

is there anything as early for big weapons? i've always did energy weapons until about lvl 10 when i could find buy something from the gun runners and afford enough ammo

whoops wanted to tag this

I don't think so. You can rob a super sledge from hidden valley and buy a ballistic fist from the shop, but I don't think there are any big guns near goodsprings.
If you have the dlc you could dip into lonesome road and grab red glare, if you're a bad enough dude to get past the marked men

>>actual kid shit

I dunno, haven't heard anything about that. I doubt that they actually do have real kid shit, that shit would be off the internet in a day. Anyways I don't frequent allthefallen, I just heard about the site in passing. As I said, I try not to use sex mods in my games because it might ruin the rest of the game for me. Don't know anything about the mod where you can get rex to mount you, sounds pretty dope though.

What do you eat while playing New Vegas?

Me, I just made a tater tot casserole.

>eating while gaming

fucking why and how

wouldn't that just mess up the entire desk and make it harder to game? it's possible im just shit at multitasking though

Lol I understand. I only got some to make the wasteland feel like a wasteland. You'll never know true terror until have you have some NPC crouch running up to you and raping you.

>casserole
that's being generous

also eat before you play, you many hands do you have?

Yeah, I'm having an absolute blast with 1 and I heard that 2 is larger and has even more stuff to do which is great, not to mention the goofy roleplaying stuff

I can't wait to be the wasteland's biggest manslut.

Flangian's burger and fries are always my go to when playin newvegas on the weekend. Ate that the first time I played new vegas. So everytime a boot up a new playthrough, I bring It home.
Yes, I am that autistic.

>eating while gaming

How do you even do that? Take a bit and then play while chewing? If I want to eat I'll watch some anime while eating and then go back to my game when I'm done.

yeah I understand lol

I know I saw a mod in a playthrough somewhere where you can lower the prices of items in shops by having sex with the trader, but I have no idea what it was called. Seems pretty realistic if you ask me, that's the kind of shit that makes the game more interesting. I'm kinda iffy about installing fap material sex mods though, I'm worried I'd be jacking more than actually playing the game

fucking this. how and why are people doing this

>he doesn't make his mom spoonfeed him while he plays new vegas
peasants

Eh. I can't really get off to it. Mainly cause my game looks like shit. But it's very refreshing to look down and see your own boobs and vagina. And now that I remember, I remember seeing someone posting pics of them fucking Mick and Ralph's town crier. So there's definitely some weird mods out there. Too weird for me even. Thanks for the help. Enjoy New Vegas m8.

once i cooked and ate a meal during a live game of dota without pausing

will be great when it comes out 7 years from now

my gf spoonfeeds me while I'm gaming

have you guys seriously never done that?

fucking hardcore

eh my mom's too busy with work

>gf

facebook infiltrator spotted. Gtfo my Cred Forums ree and all that jazz

I suck on a lollipop while gaming.

ay same

this is the only type of eating I can understand. That, and having candy/cookies/sweets of other kind.

you can play many games while eating. turn based games for instance. it's easy to play new vegas while eating, you can turn on autowalk

>namefagging anime poster
How much of a fucking faggot could one person be?

>fo4 fans
>owning anyone

Hm yeah I guess it is possible. I just remembered that a while ago I ate some bananas while playing a game. Have no idea how I blocked that out, and why I was so surprised by that idea. I might just be retarded

I can't play Fallout 2 or 1 anymore because I always end up masturbating. These games that can be played with one hand make me horny.

me on the left

I dunno, I'm thinking of replaying f4. It's more fun than NV if you're just looking for exploring with randomizes spawns, or survivalist gameplay. NV is pretty linear, all things considered, when it comes to that sort of thing

One of my favorites:
Forrest Gump
>High Agility
>High Luck
>Low Intelligence
>Side with the NCR

>>low intelligence
>>side with the NCR

user why did you feel the need to repeat yourself

wouldnt forrest gump have high strength endurance and luck? why agility?

That's almost always my default character. Low intelligence means very little here. Unless you have no DLC for the evel 50 cap.

The first games did the retard character much better and funnier.

>All luck
>No armor
>Survival mode
>Project Nevada

4U

>Low Int
>not siding with Legion

>low int
>not siding with BoS

I don't know what you guys are talking about, he sided with the perfect faction for his intelligence.

HH > DM > OWB (overrated meme DLC) > LR

>past Nipton
>heading up highway
>for 7+ years have not been allowed to quicksave past the California sign until the bullhorn ranch
>game crashes
>only on the highway section not up on either side of the hills
Reinstalled the game several times over the years, always the same issue in the same spot

They've already demonstrated that they're not half-assing it so like, consider that an "eyebrow raised" at least.

Big Iron is the mysterious stranger

I wouldn't mind being a cock sleeve for legion boys honestly

Texas Red = Khans

how

>Some self-fagging autists screencap themselves
>"Obsidrones BTFO!"
>Random smug images
If this wasn't made as bait then I don't know

>NVSR
Jesus fucking christ, all that thing does is cause my game to fucking crash every three minutes. Heck, I'm even lucky to get to the main menu without it crashing.

>using energy weapons

>Not using the unique Gatling Laser and Plasma Caster variants

>*sprays allover the place*

>new vegas default crosshair are two greater/less than symbols.

[>

>Are you going to be okay here?
>[She nods... then gestures at your hand, offers hers.]
>
>[She holds it, meeting your eyes intently for a few moments. She gives your hand a gentle squeeze, then releases it and smiles slightly.]

Guys, I got quest to recruit or destroy Great Khans, only problem is I already killed them all and quest mark points at nothing. How to fix this?

talk to the quest giver again or double check the canyon and see if you missed someone.

There's a Melissa chick in the quarry you might be able to continue the quest with. I don't know how to get to her conventionally, I always ~tlc

Because he's good at running retard.

>Some faggot you wasted in a grave comes back in the casino

If you play with this one sprint mod, Agility increases speed, Endurance increases AP used to run, I think he was distance and not speed

He outran a car

Sprtel-Wood 9700 and The Smitty's Special are GOAT. Don't know why i never specced in Energy Weapons before.

But how else can I generate more ammo from thin air to prevent a filthy capitalist market economy from forming around the resupply of ammunition?

Satan?

>that perfect balance
Sawyer?

buddy I have over 200 hours and haven't sided with any major faction yet on any of my characters

>play game
>shoot guy many times in arms or legs
>many bullets to "cripple" them to move in to target head (no eyes/balls option) while they flinch
>i take a couple hits and am at deaths door to dead

PLAY IT AGAIN Johnny Guitar

communism

>north on I-15

best pasta

just started playing this for the first time, what are some underrated mods to get? I just have the NMC textures, new gun textures, Hep Cot radio, and a couple others.

are there any mods for New Vegas to add the only redeeming part of Fallout 4, the wanderer

And everyone's favourite, Tweaked Cash Register

>I've own fallout new Vegas since it came out
>bought all the DLCs on day one of them coming out
>still haven't beaten lonesome road

why
you only glance at them for [empty], then a menu comes up and blocks it, then you're out of there. I doubt anybody looks at what they're doing in the game besides playing efficiently with crosshairs and their bottom UI

I'd rather have a mod that makes it so that pre-war money has negative value ie. you'll have to pay merchants for them to take that worthless junk, except for Sierra Madre where the machines still think it has value.

>not taking time to smell the roses
>not indulging silly little fantasies of Pre-War life as a shop clerk
>not admiring Pre-War Americana in the form of a sturdy, apocalypse proof cash register

JSawyer reduces the innate value from 10 to 2. I doubt it's completely worthless, you can probably burn it or wipe your ass with it

I just like to kill everyone

is there any way to rip the German audio files or would I have to get creative

>flares you :^)

>Killing Doctor Dala

How could you? She was perfect.

>fixed the problem by scourging wasteland for remaining Khans
>two missions later quest of presidential ariaval breaks and Ranger I need to talk to has only "I need to go" option
Sometimes I hate how fucking broken mess of the game this is

I believe there is a perk to turn prewar bills into NCR bills

That's ridiculous

>game keeps crashing every couple of hours or so even with NVAC

>he was raised by single mother

Is this why he is such a faggot?
And why doesn't he have a biological heir? He have 1 trillion female slaves to make babies with. Is he gay?

open task manager, set nv to above normal properties, it should work

When does he give this line? After refusing to work for him the first time?

Caesar is pretty damn bro-tier to give someone who basically admitted to his face that they will actively work against his interests a chance to leave scot-free.

These fags need to organize a bigger team for this project.

Noone is going to care about this in 7 or 8 years

Anyone tried a no death run, I made a crusader and unleashed my inner deus vult.... only to get killed when Boone started shooting at a bunch of big horn calf’s in front of there moms

>implying he's not decked out in power armor with a laser mini-gun
>implying ceasar's entire camp wouldn't die trying to stop the PC from leaving

My only success with vanilla NV was with YUIA? YUI? YUA? patch. WIthout it, I tried to play regular GOTY and it crashed before the railyard where that sledgehammer guy in the yellow baseball helmet is, after Goodsprings
with it, I installed 113 mods in a row and it was functional

Which is stupid. In Fallout 2 even a small type gangster in New Reno will fuck your shit up if you say one thing wrong. Because they're assholes that think they're too big to fall.
A fucking brutal dictator should try to kill you on the spot after you mock him.
One of the flaws of New Vegas. Your character is a bit of Mary Sue.

Caeser is too clever for his own good and his ego wouldn't ever think the Courier would dare betray him or attack him in his own tent.

Disable
Autosaves
All of them
This should be everyone's golden rule for all Bethesda games, disable autosaves, and if you find you aren't saving enough, get a mod that saves to a new slot every set period of time, like CASM for NV.

He's too clever by 3/5ths

I'll give it a try, thanks

YUP? I had that as well but it didn't do anything for me as far as I could tell.

Pretty sure they also take over the plant if you use ARCHIMEDES II to wipe out the troopers on the base. Caesar will comment on it when meeting him for the first time (and provided you were already on good terms beforehand).

got a question about the 4gb loader.

is it working even if new vegas only uses 1.5 gb ram? never seen it go past 2 gb on my task manager on the second screen.

Anyone else get butthurt when NCRfags mention that they went with the NCR ending? The NCR is better off getting forced out of the Mojave so that Kimball gets ousted and Oliver offs his egotistic self. The former is a brahmin baron shill while the latter is basically a saboteur with the shit he pulls. And maybe the NCR will actually end up protecting the land they already have instead of fucking off and trying to grab more territory by throwing conscripts at it.

I built this house myself

looks like shit

I wish NV had a more random-enemy spawn. You might get attacked while storing your junk

Gonna be starting a new run soon, thinking of doing energy weapons and explosives with maxed out Science just because I haven't really used energy weapons before. Also tempted to just play a junkie with metric tons of Turbo and psycho, would that work with Energy Weapons or should I just go Melee if I'm gonna be a drug-addicted maniac?

Laser junkie sounds rad

to cheat, use logan's run but then OWB to take it away around level 29-30
for regular, barter would help you with some addiction medication/stimpaks, but each doctors base healing should stay the same throughout the game if you want to fast travel that much.
if you use turbo or other drugs enough you get a trait that makes them more effective which is fun with turbo, it's like you pick up the Adrenaline pill in Vice City

Gotta agree that looks like a turd

>finally get around to buying all the DLC for a big replay
>enjoying myself, Honest Hearts was breddy gud
>start Old World Blues
>sit through incredibly long, unfunny conversation with wacky scientists in jars
>get stuck in a zone full of overleveled robot enemies that my cowboy-themed character's weapons just bounce off of
>lose all motivation to play

I was 15 when I got NV and rushed through it using online walkthroughs because the new cawa doody was coming out in a week. I betrayed New Vegas that day and would kill for a chance to play it totally fresh

FO4 vs NV

Music - FO4

Gunplay - FO4

Customisation - FO4

Map size - FO4

DLCs - FO4

Graphics - FO4

Number of locations - FO4

Number of NPCs - FO4

Number of Companions - FO4

Actually Open World - FO4

Settlements - FO4

Customise Ammo - NV

Actual quests - NV
Actual roleplaying - NV
Non-retarded worldbuilding - NV

>game warns you to be a certain level for the DLC
>waaaaah why is everything overleveled?

You only have yourself to blame

Non-retarded story - NV

Fuck, I shouldn't have said overleveled. I was the right level (I think) but the brain bots still took half my ammo to kill

Its from the real time settler mod so I can get attacked

Just remember that her crotch probably smells like a drain in one of BMT dissection labs.

Fun fact: The minimum recommended level is a warning about passing skill checks

DM and OWB both start scaling at level 5

>last point
I think they actually did explain it (unless I'm mistaken) with "KELLOGG CRAZY" but that merely changes the criticism to
>why would you write a character like that

Both of those are worse than their common variants.

The Medicine Stick rifle is busted straight in half scrub. Get that and dick down Dala

Why is the final part of DM black and white and incredibly dark. Is it a bug or did the devs thing it was some kind of cool style choice? Because it's just annoying, I can't see shit even with brightness maxed and I have no idea what I'm doing

they give you weapons that deal tons of damage to robots, only problematic enemies are fleshy doggos that are better dealt with mines

NV's world actually is open though once you're a high enough level and have the appropriate gear. There's nothing wrong with having area's being off-limits early on simply because they're too dangerous.

Post a screenshot, we gotta see this

I want New Vegas + Stalker.

Alright gimme a few minutes. I'll post a comparison of Veras suite compared to the room right after you get out of the elevator

I'm getting more pop up of textures and foliage when I'm roaming around, with the more mods I have, how can I fix this?
My graphics card shouldn't be an issue since I'm running this game on a GTX1070

Fiends

I want New Vegas and Dead Space

>tfw no Kings companion

Would've been better than that ugly red hair bitch or the BoS dyke

what do you guys think of willow?

Its a pretty shitty photoshop but you get the idea. Both of these are on max brightness

the Omertas, no good dirty backstabbing sleasebags

Arcade Ganon is the only companion you will ever need. Give him the space suit and authority glasses.

I've seen similar glitches in Hellgate: London of all places.

Fuck off for wanting one of the only good threads on Cred Forums to be moved elsewhere

Wastelanders smell awful anyway. The Courier's used to it.

The second worst part of Fallout 4 (its companions) polluting Fallout New Vegas.

>tfw you never got to encounter the 80s

They sounded more interesting than what actually went on in Zion.

they have like a hundred people aboard last I heard

F-list

who?

Good fucking luck

Any idea how I can fix it? I just want to get this dlc over with

Is the DLC worth the money? I finished NV 2 days ago and liked it a lot

Must be horrible when you take the helmet of your power armor off and get reminded that outside of Goodsprings and the Strip water comes at a premium.

Does quitting the game executable and reloading do anything?

Yeah

Nope, I've restarted a few times and it's done nothing. Tried exiting and reentering the area and that doesn't work either

ED-E is all I need, the rest don't matter.

Huh. And since your gui still has color I should have ruled that out in the first place. Looks like a filter of some sort. Are you running any 'immersion' mods?

ED-E feels dirty after Lonesome Road.

I found a way to become super rich without needing to take the gold bars in Dead Money but it requires the more perks mod unless you want to have to get a lot of pre-war money. When you finally get into the casino and turn the power on to play the games you can just keep playing blackjack until you have thousands of chips and turn them into for pre-war money. You get 1 money per chip so you'll have a lot of pre-war money, it isn't worth much but if you have more perks and the forgery perk you can convert it all into $100 NCR bills which makes them worth a lot more. I ended up with like 150k caps worth of NCR money.

Just use the console at that point you fucking scrub

Does he have 5 kings?

>install anti-crash mod so my game will stop crashing
>game now freezes every time I quit even with quit exit and have to ctr alt del to fucking close it with task manager.

>are you running any immersion mods
Like what? I don't remember installing any mods that make the last segment of dead money black and white, unless it's an issue with graphics mods or Clarity

Here's another
1. Get Jury Rigging
2. Piss off the legion.
3. Kill their hitsquads.
4. Repair and sell their shit.
5. Profit.

underrated

I'm trying to remember what even causes discoloration like that, and the only thing that comes to mind is when your character is near death. Did you have any near-death experiences?

why is New Vegas so good? I cant stop playing this shit.

That doesn't make any sense either because my health didn't change from before I went down the elevator

>I don't remember installing any mods that make the last segment of dead money black and white
No shit. Do you have any mods that change interior lighting? Do you have the Friend of the Night perk or a mod that fucks with it in some way?

Is there any particular order that the DLC should be done in?

Release order: DM HH OWB LR

Honest Hearts > Dead Money > Old World Blues > Lonesome Road

Some people will tell you to do Dead Money then Honest Hearts but they're wrong and should not be listened to.

>5 red diamond kings

Not only was he a cheater but he's also retarded

This game is so bad lmao. Only 3 and 4 are good fallout games, this is shit. Why the orange WTF

Lonesome Road > Honest Hearts > Old World Blues > Dead Money

Dead Money before OWB, and Lonesome Road as the last one. Those are the only two things that matter.

I believe I have friend of the night perk but I don't have any interior lighting mods. I did uninstall some lighting mods that conflicted with Clarity mid playthrough but I don't know why it would only affect that area

Are there any quest mods as good as the New Vegas Bounties series?

DM, OWB and LR are Avellone's trilogy and Ulysses circlejerk. HH is Sawyer's offering and stands apart from the overall story of the other three. It makes no references to DM but it does, very vaguely, reference OWB and LR so it takes place "after" DM.

It doesn't really matter much

>confront Ayylijah before learning has backstory at OWB
Inappropriate sequence of events.

The rest of the shit he did is pretty good. You might want to check out Autumn Leaves as well.

You learn his backstory from Veronica though. His actions in Big MT are trivial.

It's deliberate you faggot, the intentional order of the story. You learn about Elijah's obsession from Veronica and the BoS, then you meet him at the height of his insanity, then you find out what it was that pushed him to find the Sierra Madre

We posting houses?

Little garden with maize and stuff to make healing powder with.

So why not bump off Ulysses first, then? He's presented in exactly the same manner.

No, he's not.

For all of how much effort went into Autumn Leaves, I always felt it clashed horribly with the rest of the game. And the music made me nauseous.

First reference to Ulysses is in fucking Primm, which is exactly in front of The Divide entrance.

Lonesome Road has always been first. I dont care about Avellone or fucking Sawyer.

Yes, he is? The only difference is that he's hell-bent on being part of your story while Elijah only ever cared about his own.

who need willow when you have girls like Cass and Veronica

Some are better than others but they're all good. Theres an overarching story if you play in the right order

I have literally never used a companion mod in any Bethesda game. I don't see the appeal.
I don't even use the vanilla companions in NV other than ed-e

What's wrong with the piano music? Also do a bunch of sentient robots really clash badly with the game after all the technological stuff we've seen in OWB?

I think that in any case Ulysses is an insane lying cunt who deserves execution so all players should speedrun to kill him on the first possible opportunity.

He really isn't. Elijah is a major side character from the base game. Ulysses is only vaguely mentioned in vanilla, DM and HH. He gets a voice and some actual backstory in OWB. Elijah is just a madman who went missing and you happen to find, Ulysses is built up as the antithesis of the Courier.

They're presented in completely different ways

One of Dead Money's ending slides and one of OWB's mandatory ones proves they happen before Lonesome Road. You learn about 90% of Elijah's story from Veronica, OWB fills in some trivial information. Ulysses on the other hand is hinted at in every other DLC. Makes the build up to your confrontation with him more worthwhile. LR also ties into the main game's plot more.

The only irredeemable thing about Ulysses is that he's the legion's bitch that let them take over his tribe.

now this is autism

youtube.com/watch?v=HP8waymEdYQ
I'd really rather not deal with this shit.

The story is fine, but the overall art direction was incredibly off model, not matching the tones of NV in any way. The writing also felt too artificial, though that can be excused since you're talking to library custodians programmed by a wealthy erudite. As for the music, to me at least it was too bland to be enjoyable but too loud to sink into the background. Putting a few actual classical pieces on the radio instead wouldn't have killed anyone.

>doesn't disable trap
Nigger brought it on himself

What pisses me off the most is that even ED-E will trigger traps even though he's fucking floating in the air

There's a mod for that

nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/35526/?
Yes you shouldn't have to mod it in, but at least you can.

My only issues with the mod is that I couldn't find the hint Roland left in the classroom so I couldn't complete his side quest or Helena's side quest because I couldn't find any ways to trigger more dialogue options about her existentialist crisis so I couldn't help her or convince her to take the free will holotape. Also during the ending clip there was like a freaking 5 second delay between each sentence.

Worth it just for the Gauss Rifle. On the other hand, Guns has this beauty. Tough choice.

No, they are presented as two very different things to the Courier, but they are presented in the exact same way. You learn about them in the base game, then you learn a bit more in other DLCs, then you get infodumped in their own respectable DLCs where you get to meet them. Other than the DLC ending slides hyping it up there's no narrative argument to claim that DM goes before OWB but LR has to come in the end.

I love how the other guy also has the same card

Energy weapons degrade too fast and use up a lot of ammo per shot. The only thing more useless is using melee weapons or going unarmed.

Is there seriously no such thing as a VATS melee aiming mod?

>then you get infodumped in their own respectable DLCs where you get to meet them
All of Elijah's backstory is told by Veronica. You're told a small piece about Ulysses in the vanilla game, DM and HH. Then you're told quite a lot in OWB. Then you meet him.

>nofunallowed.esm

>The only thing more useless is using melee weapons or going unarmed.
He said, not knowing Unarmed weapons are factually the strongest at every tier.

>using energy weapons
>end up weaponless after gun breaks down or used up all ammo and none of the enemies you killed have any energy cells or weapons to replace/repair with

>using melee/unarmed
>you get killed by all the gunfire before you even get close enough to hit any of them

>choice
Fully modded sniper rifle weighs like a pistol, why would you not have that AND the Gauss doomstick.

God you reminded me why I ended up hating it and wishing it was over. 90% of it was searching for small hidden objects in areas you've already visited ten times before. And it adds a bunch of 'collect 50 bear asses' achievements, which is something I feel developers should be sent to Gulag for doing.

>playing through with a Sneak/Energy/Science with additional tag in Medicine
>Overpowered because I've played through Dead Money and Honest Hearts, as well as all of the Legion, NCR and side faction quests that I can without conflicting with Yes Man
>Get to Old World Blues to ge the Stealth Suit MKII because wearable waifu
>Completely lose the will to play through it after the opening dialogue

How do I make this fun?
I can kill off the Think Tank, right?

>expecting that someone who sneers at energy weapons knows what's good in NV

user, you're objectively wrong. Stop pushing your retarded narrative.

You learn nothing of Ulysses in the base game. Johnson Nash tells you there's a Courier who doesn't like you and mentions a place called the Divide. That's meaningless without the information from OWB. You learn who Elijah is, what he did, how he's flawed and that he went missing from Veronica and the BoS.

I'd tell you to stop being a faggot but I've seen you spout this nonsense for months now

At the end yeah. The pacification field stops you until then.

>make some specifically built character for roleplay purposes
>game hands out xp so much and the xp need between levels is so small that I end up being 30+ before even reaching New Vegas just from doing side quests and killing enemies
>by the time I'm maxed all my skills are at 100 from having 10 intelligence and getting the educated perk

the game vanilla game throws guns and ammo at you like candy, and any competent player is a bottlecap billionaire by level 12 so you can buy what you cant find.

and you arent aware of DT perks that make you practically superman? and shit like two-step goodbye is hilariously op.

not only are you no fun, you dont even know shit about the game.

sneak is cancer unless you're using melee/unarmed.

I'm using Realistic Weapon Damage so DT doesn't mean jack shit anymore, even with the power armor revamped mod and using Remnant armor I take damage like as if I'm naked or something. I only use melee weapons when stealth killing or fighting against mutants/anyone without a gun.

>using energy weapons
>whatever I'm using will consume one of the three ammo types readily available from merchants in bulk, can also convert between them and into special variants with science skill
>it will also be lighter, more accurate and hit harder than a gun
>since I'm saving heaps of money on cost-efficiency it's no problem to pay for repairs until I can make my own kits, or I can simply repair this excellent laser RCW/unique plasma rifle/laser rifle modded for sniping with Fiend loot

>using melee/unarmed
>silent stealth kills with chainsaws and fists that make corpses explode
>take cover, stupid AI will run up to you
>or take drugs, matrix over to the legion kill team and chunk all of them in 3 seconds
>cripple deathclaws and beat them to death while wearing only sunglasses and a cowboy hat

we're talking about the vanilla game you autistic robobrain. no one knows or cares what fuccboi degenerate mod pack you're using.

i bet you tagged sneak guns lockpick too, fucking fagget.

I was talking about vanilla game you fucking retard, where in my post did it mention any mod? DLCs and them raising your level cap is still vanilla game.

shit sorry wasnt for you for this faggot

this is the funniest thing i've seen on Cred Forums in ages. tears in my fucking eyes right now

Anyone have that pic where all the normies that don't even know what Fallout is have been quoting pic related?

Just google image that quote and you can find all sorts of "inspirational" shit about it.

Present ONE rational argument instead of waving your arms and calling me a faggot, then. I'm completely failing to follow your logic that the amount of information dumped on you in the base game versus DLC has something to do with DLC priority.

Sawyer once found that someone carved that into a wall somewhere

This shit never gets finished. They'll spend most of their time doing the fun part; recreating the Mojave on the new engine, but they'll give up when it comes time to moving over all the quests/dialogue/scripts/ and the adjustments they'll have to make.

It's dead in the water.

you cannot refute this

Some pretty good mods I missed out on here, thanks bud

nuke this gay earth

I ran into that problem too

You really shouldn't go higher than 5 INT imho

The existence of this thread is refuting it

Get FNVEdits and check the errors out, rearrange your mods or delete some ya dummy

Such a comfy place. I regret fucking them over just so Joshua Graham could have his revenge

truly the the cake is a lie of the new generation

I guess he was really angry.

I was trying to roleplay as a doctor/scientist kind of person but ended up as a master of all trades for being too smart.

Not really

at least she used it correctly

INT barely gives you any skill points in NV.

yeah dude if you were doing a cowboy char then you most likely got the Cowboy perk which requires 45 Melee. The Proton Axe in OWB makes incredibly short work of the robo scorps.

>Caesar never gets mad at you
>Will threaten to have his men hack you to death with their machetes if you say you're done working for him or if you bother him when he has a headache, a threat he lives up to if you do it again

hmm