What the FUCK did they mean by this

What the fuck is up with Nioh's post-game content? Here I am, re-assigning my Wirriam's stats so I can go Odachi/Tonfa to clear the DLC (lvl 120), and trying to level him up to at least 130 because fucking Nioh is a game about stats more than it is about skill, and I find all this bullshit
>dude fight yuki onna and nobunaga lmao
>dude fight muneshige and sakon lmao
>dude fight THREE Kelleys and two faggot Yokai lmao
>dude fight Hanzo and Okatsu lmao
>dude all the endgame shit is ganks lmao
>dude you better abuse the living weapon system by using Shin-Roku if you wanna stand a chance lmao

I mean, the game's fun, but what's with all this bullshit? I just wanna be an appropriate level before Date rips my asshole in two.

Don't you motherfuckers leave me hanging, I know I'm not the only one having trouble/that was troubled by this.

Nigga i beat the main game and final extra boss relatively calm.
Come back 8 months later to play the DLC's and I get one shotted by the first boss regular attacks. The game is just pure bullshit

You try any of the extra ganks first, or went in head-first to DLC? God, this is exactly what I don't want fucking happening to me.

nioh's post-game is designed for minmax autism, and finding ways to exploit the mechanics to break the game

Nah went straight in. Its just bullshit how the damage output from enemies goes stupid high in the DLC and I'm only talking about the first one. Shit put me off so hard i haven't even touched the game since. I enjoyed my experience with the main game but the dlc is some autistic shit I ain't got time for when other games gotta get beat.

Nine Tails and Dual Elements Soyboy was hell.
It didnt even feel good when I finished that bullshit.

So basically, abusing Living Weapon? Katana was also pretty broken with that Mystic Arte that deals more damage when attacking opponents behind their backs. Onmyo Magic is also pretty good, but God it takes so fucking long to cast.

What's your level? I assume it's pretty low; even when you go out of your way to fight every enemy in every mission, you reach the final boss being level like 108 at best.

get the instacast onmyo mystic and ride it hard.

but yeah it is minmax. you can beat it fairly without an eternal living weapon build or one of the other cheese strats but it just ceases to be satisfying as the base game always was - even the fucking two boss bonues missions they threw out in an early patch.

Is this you, CJ?

Just gotta git gud, friendo. Using parry attacks help with a lot of the fights.

The DLC is meant more for after you beat the main game on ng+.

I guess, I'll look into the Dojo do that mission. I wonder what the fuck these guys were thinking when developing this? It's not fun.

I never got the hang of parrying in Nioh. I can do that block thing where the enemies are kinda stunned for a bit, but not a proper parry. Plus I re-stat'd all my shit to be good with the Odachi and Tonfa. I don't wanna re-stat again.

>git gud
Fuck you, what do you mean git gud when I'm having Nobunaga chase my ass down while he's on Living Weapon mode, and Yuki Onna strikes me down in like two hits.

>Buy it on sale yesterday
>Finally manage to get into the stance dance zone and beat the first "real" boss and unlock the world map
>mfw looking at the smithy options

This is NOT autism friendly. Is there a handy guide or some tips I can get to help me decide what I should sell, what i should grind up, what i should forge and/or improve stats/level? I'm afraid to sell any of my tutorial armor in case i decide I wanna knight it up in japan and suddenly I can't because I can't go back and farm the tutorial level.

>1vs1 boss fights are too easy and have too many ways to cheese them
>make 2+vs1 fights

Eh...cheap solution, but I guess it works. It IS possible to beat all of these without abusing one-shot kills or the living weapon stuff.

Just play the game the way you want. There's no bad options and nothing you can't get again.

dont even bother until ng+. the stuff you pick up will easily carry you there. also fight the revenants because they drop good shit sometimes

When can I go back to london and farm plate armor?

Also does this game follow Dark Souls 2's design where you can level up infinitly but each stat has soft and hard caps?

I'll try to just feed like-items into one another. Giving every weapon you pick up randomised skills kinda fucks with my head.

After you beat the game. Don't worry, all gear can be gotten again or re-built.

And yes, stats have soft and hard caps.

OP here.I barely used the smithy, but I know you can change an items appearance to something else. Let's say you find some better armor down the line; you can still get it to look like anything you already own.

If you're anything like me, you'll probably have more Ryo than Amrita, so you should offer whatever you don't need to the shrine for Amrita.

I barely Soul-Matched and improved stats, because all the shit I looted was way better than anything I could ever make. But maybe I'm too dumb, since I never really disassembled anything, so who knows.

Does anyone here know if Level 150 is the highest for equipment? I've been trying to get a Divine Odachi and Tonfa, but no luck yet. My Kat/2Kat have amazing stats, but I don't wanna use them anymore. I got this nagging feeling that I wasted money if I don't use DLC shit.

>I'll try to just feed like-items into one another.
Don't even bother.

The NG+s are different difficulties and each NG+ increases your caps on some things as well as unlocks new features all together. In fact at some point the cap of 99 in a stat breaks and lets you reach a new cap of 200.

So i guess the game doesn't have invasions, since the "blood puddles" act as them? How does co-op work in regards to levelling? Anything I should know before i just start power-levelling?

Well that's something.

>Does anyone here know if Level 150 is the highest for equipment?
Oh no, that shit keeps going up and up and up but I think 150(+10) is the highest you can get in NG.

>Also does this game follow Dark Souls 2's design where you can level up infinitly but each stat has soft and hard caps?
level cap is dictated by difficulty, at max difficulty it's 750 and you can level stats up to 200 (but 99 before that and I never got to level cap on any difficulty anyway) no softcaps like in ds2. On NG just play anything, use any sets from revenants you find around, you'll be good as long as you just use any and try to upgrade regularly (don't use smith, too expensive for NG, just kill revenants and you'll be fine). If you wish to stay longer, there's ng+/++ that can be done semi-optimised - as long as you use sets and roll 1-2 good stats on weapons. Game goes full crazy with loot and builds at ng+3/4 which is Way of the Wise/Nioh and Abyss business (endless dungeon basically) you'll probably lurk some builds to that point, there are good stuff for both Living Weapons and non-living weapons.

No invasions, you can summon revenants from blood puddles (NPCs or dead player characters that are AI controlled) for really good loot sometimes.

PVP Coop as the host just has somebody helping you. I don't believe you get any special rewards as the host, but it's been a while.

There's certain builds/skills/combinations that will make the game piss easy with or without power-leveling, so have fun. Endgame has a lot of challenging content to make you coming back though.

What
How do I +1 my equipment? Why is this game so needlessly complicated? Why is so more about stats than skills? Or am I just that bad?

You can parry a good chunk of Nobu's attacks. Not saying it's essential to beat him, but it makes the fight 1000x easier if you learn the timing.

From there it's just a 1v1 fight.

Most things can be done relying on skill it just takes longer. A lot of the double boss missions are pretty bullshit, though.

You (+1) equipment by fusing two things thats are the same (+#) level or one that is higher level than the other.

You'll get Divine/green items after finishing queen's eyes and some of them will have +number besides the original level, usually 150, and have a considerable difference compared to normal greens. You have to combine your + weapon with a higher level + weapon in order to produce a middle of the line + weapon which is bullshit I know but watch a yt video or something if you don't get it.

>no softcaps like in ds2.
user do you know what softcaps are?
nioh absolutely has softcaps that give shit tier diminishing returns after around 10-15 and some around 30-40 when you start actually leveling the stat every 2 levels you invest in by +1.

stats are not important. gear is important. but you can get good enough gear just by killing revenants in the first DLC level. i did this on two separate characters at level ~100

also for anyone stuck at post game boss fights they're mostly gear checks that tell you when you're ready for NG+/NG++ etc and you'll breeze through them once you accumulate enough damage reduc on your equipment

Yeah, the equipment shit doesn't make a lot of sense to me, might watch a YT video if what said isn't useful. I just hope I don't get stuck in the fucking first level of the DLC.

I never had a problem where I couldn't progress or got one shot by mooks. But I can't stress it enough that you need to prioritize damage reduc on gear and that you have a handful of viable/efficient builds to choose from if you want to be comfortable past NG. You'll want to familiarize yourself with rerolling and soul matching at the smithy and use your points for discounts on those.

imo you could go heavy armor or a kraft cheese build of your choice. Helps if you didn't choose dud weapons too, or that you know how to use them.

People have easily beat the entire game with a level one naked wooden katana run.
It isn't about stats.

you picked the two weapons that don't actually parry.
good fucking job.

Man, fuck, I'm getting cold feet about using the Odachi and Tonfa now. I loved the Kat/2kat because of the damage output, and because it's easy as fuck to make humanoid enemies run out of ki. I did some twilight missions to test my rather shit weapons (I got the Warrior or the West set rn, only 2 pieces aren't divine), and I really, really like to Odachi and the Tonfa. The Tonfa especially, it's fun as fuck. And with my restat, I feel like I got more poise now, at least when I use the Odachi.

FUCK, I dunno what to do. I just wanna beat the DLC, Nioh doesn't really interest me enough to delve into NG+ a whole lot; got a backlog to get through, and that DaS remake is hitting stores soon, I'm going to get the whole collection on PS4.

two words: storm kunai

get the onmyo mystic art that makes it instant cast

Tonfa is all flash no substance.
they have the best ki reduction on blocks out of all weapons without skills but it is pretty much trash.
Odachi is honestly a better version of the Axe that takes at least some skill to use correctly but yeah. Can't parry for dick.
In short. Drop Tonfa get something else.

Forget about character level, all you need is gear lvl and stats. Don't bother rerolling stats until you get decent divine shit. It drops in the dlc, so bite the bullet and get even better than you were in base game.
Also you don't need any cheese shit (onmyo, ninja and buffs), dlcs are perfectly doable with gear you get there.
Only side missions might be troublesome, but even that can be done if you get enough skill and weapon lvls.

Tonfas evaporate enemy ki, block or not, so main use is whaling on enemies and stunlocking them to death, not parrying for massive damage.

odachi sucks its basically a polearm idk why they didnt go with the nodachi for an actual 2 handed sword

Well, I can just fuck someone's ki up with tonfas, and then go in for the kill with the Odachi.
I'm not interested in parrying, I got through the game without it, can't be assed to master it.

Yeah, tomorrow I'll try my luck at the first mission.