Hundreds of years since the bombs dropped

>hundreds of years since the bombs dropped
>civilizations barely restarted and barely holding together
>No new infrastructure
>no new cities
>everything is still crumbling and falling apart, no attempt to repair it

How the fuck does that work? Humans went from a fucking horse and buggy to landing on the moon in a span of less than 100 years, how is shit not relatively back to normal? It's not even like they're starting over from nothing, tons of technology is left over.

Why don't we take our city
and build it around an atom bomb?

>18 year old who came out of the vaults 5 minutes ago can disarm an atom bomb
>entire town of people can't, nor can anyone they've ever traded with or had any contact with

The nuclear radiation made everyone retarded except the people in vaults

I guess the only real answer would be that post apocalypse there are many more things to deal with, such as super mutants dragging people away, radiation (which should all be long gone by now), general fucking monstrosities roaming the world (deathclaws, cazadors, nightstalkers, mirelurks, etc.) and not to mention the constant vying for power between factions and tribes and people and ideals. Considering all of that I guess they are lucky to be in whatever position they find themselves surviving in.

Yeah, except the world wasn't filled with Super Humans, Mutant Chameleons, Mutant Bears, and a bunch of other shit that can easily tank laser guns/bullets and swat you half way cross the state at that time. Also, parts of the world weren't horrifically irradiated making it nearly impossible for plants to even be there.
Idiot

People wonder why BoS is best. They have a whole game with an assortment of cars and underground bunkers.
Now imagine what the Enclave is up to.

Do you even Fallout 2? Vault City? NCR?

its hard to live when 90% of the animals that mutated are now bigger than you and will eat you, supermutants attack any and all humans, raiders in the wasteland are junkies and cannibals that show no mercy, the Pitt is taking all the slaves they can and produce ammo for anyone that can pay like other raiders or merc groups that take any job and kill anyone if the price is right, people like that love unprotected settlements so if any settlers feel like heroes they burn him alive with his family, ghouls infest metro stations making it hard to travel in the city, water is undrinkable, mutations are common, average life spawn is short and the average I.Q. is about as low as OPs and there are no real places of education left, the people in power dont want to share it and they rather have stupid people to rule over and exploit them as much as they can, the only way that trade gets around is caravans and they often fall prey to raiders or mutants geez user i dunno

>set in the center of the nationwide nuking
>oldest settlement is only 30 years old
>brotherhood have just arrived
>no clean water
>crops won't grow
>shitload of mutants and raiders
Compared to the West Coast that has been populated for about 200 years, settlers just recently came to the DC. And without the Brotherhood around, there was no one to clean the place up. Another explanation is they wanted to create a prequel to Fallout 1 and 2, but was forced to create a sequel.

This is how I feel about Breath of the Wild

>hundreds of years since the Fallout 3 dropped
>still pondering the worst game in the series

Why are there still places that haven't been looted, rebuilt I could maybe why it hasn't happened, but you are gonna tell me no one thought to take everything inside, that a couple ghouls or mutants would scare scavengers for hundreds of years?

>How the fuck does that work?
bethesda

to be fair its only been 100 years since the kingdom was destroyed, and there's still magical laser-shooting spider mechs and concentrated evil goo just fucking blanketing the capital, but they managed to rebuild surrounding towns n shit.

That's the joke, dipshit. Fallout is full of ironic satirical bullshit just like that. NukaCola? The Church of Atom? Come on.

If you're talking about Fallout 3, the east coast is different from the west coast.
You'll notice what happened to major city centers like L.A. in fallout 1. It's called the boneyard. So basically, any developed areas from fallout are kind of fucked. Not just from the fact that they're nuked, but how the fallout itself has tainted the soil around the drop sites.
Now, compare the relatively empty west coast with the east coast. The east coast is not only higher population with many urban and suburban sprawls, it's also got a lot of technical institutes, central government(DC) and military bases.
It's really, really hard to get your shit together if the soil is too toxic to farm in. That's why things are the way they are on the east coast - especially DC itself. The soil kills most any reliable crop. And if you don't get your food sorted, you really don't have time for much else besides scavenging.. Which.. well..
Hopefully that explains it.

>Vaults built to preserve the remnants of humanity
>You can freely enter every vault in the game
>There's electricity and running water in most civilized places
>Everyone's dirty because post-apocalypse lmao
>People live in run-down shacks while keeping weapons from hundreds of years ago in pristine condition

Bethesda writers and designers are unironically stupid. Low iq people given access to an ip created by high iq people.

Why are there 3 separate strains of FEV in which the holders of use a very similar dipping process to the Master who was the only "person" to develop it?

It's a video game.

Refer to
Also, yeah. The grid has a bit of juice left in it. It's a pleasant side-effect from having microfusion technology. Said tech could have saved humanity had the US not hoarded it.

I don't see how finding explanation for one aspect of bethesda's hackneyed worldbuilding gives them a pass on the rest of the bullshit. I don't even take issue with the overarching background lore, you can come up with a multitude of reasons why the trees are still dead after hundreds of years, but the shit they explicitly put into the game doesn't gel together, either.

I could also point out several issues with New Vegas and indeed, the original games.
For instance, how do football-gear wearing machete wielders stand a chance against a similarly sized force with high caliber, automatic service rifles? Not even mentioning the artillery.
Why aren't vaults regularly thermited through and raided by everyone ever?
Why weren't there more directories which showed everyone to their vaults? They weren't exactly secrets.
Why do they just use FEV as a bandaid excuse for why there's still a biosphere?
How didn't The Master find out his super mutants were sterile like, immediately?

>How the fuck does that work?

Honestly, my issue with Bethesda is not realism but consistency.

That's a fair point. But Bethesda's writing, honest to god, isn't that bad. It pisses me off when people refuse to realize that the games can be good despite the flaws, and that the old games are flawed and have plot-holes and contrivances too.

>Bethesda's writing, honest to god, isn't that bad

Because the people working at Bethesda are retarded brainlets who most likely only played the first game while half asleep, and for about half an hour.
>fev and bos on the east coast
>bottle caps used outside of the hub area
>vegetation is fucking dead as shit for some reason
>trash fucking everywhere and people live like filthy animals
>guns made from fucking garbage
>resources everyfuckingwhere
>mutated animals are dumb as shit
It's almost as if nukes went off in Bethesda's Fallouts 10 years before the games start, 100 years is a lot, hell, we went from inventing planes to going into space in almost 50.

Also post ya bois.

Forgot pic

There is some good in their writing but there is some insane decisions as well. Take for example the role playing aspect. Fallout had a basic backstory for your character (You grew up in a vault and had to leave to recover a water chip to save your vault) and if it weren't for the time limit, there really is no incentive to save your vault if you made your character a certain way. However, both Bethesda fallouts have put you on a certain path from the very start. Fallout 3 for giving you a canonical age that you left the vault, the fact you were bullied by someone growing up, the fact you knew the overseer's daughter and the fact you knew your father. That eliminates role playing options and 4 is worse for that. To give credit to Fallout 3, there is room for your character to say "Fuck you Dad, I'm going to explore the wasteland" but there still is the problem of limited role play in other areas. New Vegas had the right idea of making you a courier in the waste land. Where did you grow up? Why did you become a courier? All up to you. Fallout 1 and 2 had pretty good openness for your character's backstory, just less open than New Vegas.

>Jinxed
>Bloody mess
Best build.

>no longer the apex predator
>don't have the freedom to progress as a society at the same rate as when they were the apex predator
whoa...

You're the only one stupid enough to try

Read about the dark ages, everyone was living in the ruins of Rome and took quite some time to get back all that knowledge.

>when you blow a mutant into pieces in one hit with a critical hit in the eyes
>when some dumb cunt has his guns blow up and he has to get close and melee you
>when you cripple your own arms on your first and second hit against a deathclaw but keep knocking him down with crits to the head and eyes
Soy-Cred Forums should try the old games at least once.

That's neither ironic, nor satirical. It's just dumb. You really could use a dictionary.

>how do football-gear wearing machete wielders stand a chance against a similarly sized force with high caliber, automatic service rifles?
Overwhelming numbers, hit and run tactics and an ideology that makes the fearless in combat.
>Why aren't vaults regularly thermited through and raided by everyone ever?
Thermite is rare, the knowledge on how to make it is not accessible to everyone.
>Why weren't there more directories which showed everyone to their vaults? They weren't exactly secrets.
Some were secret others weren't. I don't understand the point you're making here.
>Why do they just use FEV as a bandaid excuse for why there's still a biosphere?
Why not? A vague explanation is still an explanation.
>How didn't The Master find out his super mutants were sterile like, immediately?
From a purely logical point of view: you can't immediately come to the conclusion that your entire population is sterile.

Surely the problem with that is it assumes the Capital Wasteland is a desirable place to colonize. With its... no food, no water, loads of super-mutants, secret Enclave base...

The funniest thing is that despite the kingdom being "Destroyed" merely 100 years ago and Calamity Ganon and his goons supposedly fucking shit up, every city and village is completely fine and leading normal happy lives with minor interference from bokoblins.

It still beats 4
Binary choices are better than no choice at all

If bombs only was a worst. There was a war, user. And then supermutants invasion.

Thing that triggered me the most were the pipe guns or whatever that garbage was called, what the fuck was Todd thinking?
>hmmm yes good gentlesir we need firearms
>let me just take this fucking TRASH and glue it together
>very good now let me just get an endless supply of bullets for it from this random ass office building
>also i'll make a lot of these and they'll be everywhere
Meanwhile on the west coast you had Gun Runners way before the events of FO4, making actual guns and ammo, hell, even the BOS made some of their own shit.

Agreed. Despite having a million customization options it felt like there was fuck all weapon variety in 4, and none of the pipe weapons ever felt good to use
It's sad that NV even beats it in weaponry, despite running on such a piece of shit old(er than F4's) engine and being made in 18 months