Dearest Cred Forums

Dearest Cred Forums

What are some games that follow this formula:

-Enter Dungeon.
-Find treasure & kill monsters.
-Exit Dungeon.
-Spend treasure on upgrades & equipment, slowly making your Character more powerful.
-Go back into the Dungeon: rinse and repeat while slowly diving deeper and deeper.
-Win when you get to the bottom.
-If you die you get sent back to town and lose treasure, but keep your character.

Graphics not important, 'classes' would be nice, but not required, I'm just looking for a time sink.

World of Warcraft

Pretty much every rpg ever especially older ones, I can narrow down a bit if you give me some more details. Are you specifically interested in a game where you gradually progress through the same dungeon?

there's a lot to do if you can deal with the awful interface. there's a solo adventurer mode and a civilization mode.

>Are you specifically interested in a game where you gradually progress through the same dungeon?

Yes, specifically and gradually through just 1 massive, singular, Dungeon.
Like, I'm not looking for someone with a big overworld or you go on a grand adventure and Dungeons are just grinding or situational whats-its: The Dungeon IS the game and you're meant to basically hollow it out.

diablo

torchlight 1 could be to your taste at least somewhat, if you dig arpgs, and if my memory of it is correct

I've actually already played those games, but I appreciate the suggestions.
I'm still kind of upset about Diablo 3, but in the sense that I don't think it's a bad game, it just.. Doesn't feel like an honest Diablo game? I can't put it to words.

The Etrian Odyssey games
Touhou Labyrinth
Mystery Dungeon games
Persona 3
SMT SJ
Azure Dreams

These include exploring a single dungeon but have permadeath
Wizardry 1
Nethack
Crypt of the Necrodancer
Doom roguelike

Having trouble thinking of more off the top of my head, it would help if you gave a little more information like whether or not you'd prefer an eastern or western game, and more information on what genres you prefer. I know you said you'd prefer a game where you keep your character but some "roguelikes" let you continue with one character in what's usually an easy mode.

game?

Dark Alliance and Champions of Norrath.

>game?

Dwarf Frotress.

>it would help if you gave a little more information like whether or not you'd prefer an eastern or western game, and more information on what genres you prefer.

The basics I guess would be:
PC game, no permadeath, western fantasy would be great, no 'groups' (I.E: you just play one character). I'm looking for something similar to CHASM, I suppose.

sundered

Rogue Legacy
Darkest Dungeon

I strongly recommend Rogue Legacy as well

Diablo

>Darkest Dungeon

An otherwise great suggestion if I hadn't already played and loved the shit out of it.
Currently waiting for The Colour of Madness dlc so I can fight n' dungeon crawl some fuckin' ALIENS.

>I'm looking for something similar to CHASM, I suppose
That's helpful information based on your previous posts I assumed you were trying to find a dungeoncrawler type game. I'd look into metroidvanias maybe.
Castlevania SOTN COTM AOS DOS
Castle in the Darkness
Valdis Story
Hydra Castle Labrynth
Axiom Verge
Faxanadu
Valis maybe

Elona+

I think this is an excellent suggestion and even though it doesn't fit into the OPs listed preferences I think he should try it.

Not a perfect fit but Dark Cloud should be mentioned.

steam world dig 1 & 2 they start off so calming and fun but get stressful later.

>steam world dig 1 & 2 they start off so calming and fun but get stressful later.

Literally just picked up Steam World Dig 2 Friday and have been enjoying it immensely so far.
The town/hub music, though, is fucking awful.

I'm also thinking of getting Environmental Station Alpha after seeing it demonstrated by Matthewmatosis' review, but I don't know if I'll like it/that really simple pixel style is a hard sell.

Nigga go read that crpg history ebook at came out for free like a month ago. You will find lots dugeon crawly games in there.