SYSTEM SHOCK REMAKE DEAD IN THE WATER

>In March of 2016, Nightdive Studios released our video of our vision of System Shock Remastered. Done in Unity it was an immediate hit with almost a half million views on YouTube. In June of 2016 we launched a Kickstarter campaign to make the vision into a reality. It was tremendously successful with over 21,000 backers contributing over $1.3 million to the campaign. We put together a development team and began working on the game. But along the way something happened.

>Maybe we were too successful. Maybe we lost our focus. The vision began to change. We moved from a Remaster to a completely new game. We shifted engines from Unity to Unreal, a choice that we don’t regret and one that has worked out for us. With the switch we began envisioning doing more, but straying from the core concepts of the original title.

>As our concept grew and as our team changed, so did the scope of what we were doing and with that the budget for the game. As the budget grew, we began a long series of conversations with potential publishing partners. The more that we worked on the game, the more that we wanted to do, and the further we got from the original concepts that made System Shock so great.

>Ultimately the responsibility for the decisions rests with me. As the CEO and founder of Nightdive Studios, a company that was built on the restoration of the System Shock franchise, I let things get out of control. I can tell you that I did it for all the right reasons, that I was totally committed to making a great game, but it has become clear to me that we took the wrong path, that we turned our backs on the very people who made this possible, our Kickstarter backers.

>I have put the team on a hiatus while we reassess our path so that we can return to our vision. We are taking a break, but NOT ending the project. Please accept my personal assurance that we will be back and stronger than ever. System Shock is going to be completed and all of our promises fulfilled.

OH NO NO NO NO

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GoK6SDYRHdk
youtube.com/watch?v=20MoEeo9B-U
youtube.com/watch?v=BFbLEAOZ-as
systemshock.org/index.php?topic=6977.0
larrykuperman.com/biography/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

lol just play the original

and nothing of value was lost.

They don't call it Kikestarter for nothing

Are we still pretending system shock was good?

Like that doublefine shitter all over again, fucking lame

system shock is good underage

So they asked money to do a thing and got so much money they decided to instead do a bigger thing which ended up costing more than the money they got and they had to cancel? Is that the short of it?

You can stop making these threads now

shit looked awful anyways

what the fuck...I donated $300 to this thing...

At least we got this clip of polygon struggling to play an FPS

youtube.com/watch?v=GoK6SDYRHdk

This seems to be the trend for alot of Kickstarters recently.

>Is that the short of it?
Yes, who ever was managing/directing this project is a fucking mong

well, sir, you just got fucked

Maybe you will get a refund

All the money's gone, dude

They're not giving out refunds

What are you even doing, the previous thread died like an hour ago. Why do you keep making these

youtube.com/watch?v=20MoEeo9B-U
youtube.com/watch?v=BFbLEAOZ-as
Good riddance.

No. The 1,5 million wouldn't have covered a game anyway. The main thing here is that they have no idea what they're even making, so now they've stopped development until they have a solid gameplan

Stealing money from gamers is actually easier than stealing from a 6 year old.

all they had to do was remake every level in the original game through their engine

>Please accept my personal assurance that we will be back and stronger than ever.
Reminds me of that one kickstarter where the manager spent backer money on a house and then apologized for embezzlement.

And readjust the gameplay, create new enemy behaviors etc.

making a 1:1 remake isn't too hard and is kinda redundant with the release of enhanced edition and citadel unity conversion anyway
>systemshock.org/index.php?topic=6977.0
it was always going to be a complete re-imagining for the ss2/bioshock fanboys

Fuck off, stop making these threads just so you can shill your shitty videos

but the assets are all literally traces, no originality required. all it needed was the sexiest looking lighting system they could smack on it, $80,000 worth of voice acting, and devs who could program enemies that move slowly towards the enemy while firing hitscan guns. or projectiles i'm certain ue4 supports it.

Honestly its just a stupid crisis of confidence, they probably got scammed by garbage programmers (who even convinced them to switch engine mid development)

That's stupid because they could've reimagined it for ss1 fanboys and had a 300% better game.

Remember they gave levine all the credit for Bioshock and infinite was what he came up with. I think we all know what the better games are.

>trusting western devs
>2018

I'm glad to be honest. The demo felt like they were missing the point and remaking system shock 2, but the original game was much closer in style to doom.

>the original game was much closer in style to doom
In what way?

Ok, lets get this started

>he actually backs things on Kickstarter

All Kikestarters are scams. Why won't people learn?

>Done in Unity

The problem here is clearly not unity.

Post one good Unity game.

some GOAT games have come off kickstarter

>grim dawn
>divinity
>risk of rain

I said good.

There should be a nintenbro version of this where they just start playing with the cardboard box instead

You're right, cuphead is great.

Only very light horror elements, a focus on shooting and movement abilities rather than rpg systems (I don't think SS even had any). Both consisted of navigating a labyrinth at high speed.

>kickstarter

>tfw I backed FTL, Grim Dawn, Divinity: OS2, Shovel Knight, Hyper Light Drifter, Darkest Dungeon and Undertale

>mfw I backed Blue Omen Operation
Feels good supporting my boys from the "how's your game" threads. Also been a fan of Inkerton for a long time.

>Risk of Rain
>Monolith
>Blue Omen Operation
>Bokube
>Bug Fables
Cred Forums devs keep on delivering

its not good, thats exactly why the remaster existed, to remaster the original into something playable

Thanks for the $1.3 MIL SUCKAS

Don’t do more, don’t add features, just remake the old game straight up with the same atmosphere and better visuals. Dying to feature creep is an amateur mistake.

seriously, bioshock basically improved just about everything about those games

>In an interview with Polygon, director of business development Larry Kuperman said that a strategy to pitch the game to publishers, in order to secure more funding, had not been successful.

>larrykuperman.com/biography/

>pic related

GOLLY GEE I WONDER WHERE ALL THE MONEY MIGHT HAVE DISAPPEARED

I backed rising sun, got a pretty cool game.

They got so much money they felt the need to hire a kike to manage it, he took that money and used it to mooch up to publishers, no publishers took the bait so now all the money is gone and all of it went to bribes, booze and hookers instead of actually developing anything, he moves to another company as a (((business director))) and nightdive is bankrupt

thanks for the Turok 2 remaster, and RIP

>Kuperman
HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

>Larry Kuperman is a full-time technology business manager, and a part-time author and teacher. He is currently employed as Director of Business Development for Night Dive Studios (www.nightdivestudios.com) while continuing to work part-time as a consultant for The Powell Group. As a teacher at the Ann Arbor Jewish Cultural Society (JCS), he founded and taught the JCS Adult Education class. He is the author of over 200 on-line articles, covering a wide-range of subjects from politics to religion to technology to business.
For fucks sake.

They switched to UE4

nothin personnel goy

>people who use webms for reaction images

>posts a 204kb piece of shit with horrible banding

Probably exactly why they ended up wanting to change so much turning it into a new game. Everyone had nostalgia goggles on, including the devs. And once they got the funds and actually had to get down to remaking it, they realized how trash the original was.

>we failed because we were too successful
You failed because you are not the people who developed system shock.
I hate the new generation of faggots in game development but I was looking forward to this remake.

this shit is fucking dead and they pocketed the money. completely legal, too.

They gave $1.3m to an artist

well, many jewish people are in marketing, finance, business, etc. just like chinks all guide their kids into stem degrees. a lot of them are bound to be con artists or bad at their jobs

usually these remakes fucking suck

A "pure coincidence" one might say